PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gray, Owens and Gaines all hurt

The Franchise
10-06-2014, 11:11 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Phillip Gaines has a concussion. Chris Owens has an LCL sprain and bone bruise. Cyrus Gray fractured his hand and has a cast.</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/519171096898437120">October 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020
10-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Seasons over now. We can't possibly come back from these losses.

RealSNR
10-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Can't wait to see Ian Fleming take the field for us!

OldSchool
10-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Jesus. Hell of a season.

InChiefsHeaven
10-06-2014, 11:32 AM
I do not know these football players you are speaking of.

TLO
10-06-2014, 11:33 AM
What a shame.

penbrook
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Owens is out for awhile

htismaqe
Jesus. Hell of a season.

They used up all their luck last season.

This is what happens to a team that requires every bounce to go their way just to get to the playoffs, let alone win once they are there.

HoneyBadger
Send them some tampons and move on.

Iconic
10-06-2014, 11:47 AM
They used up all their luck last season.

http://therubbergame.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/andrew-luck-td.jpg

TLO
10-06-2014, 11:47 AM
http://therubbergame.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/andrew-luck-td.jpg

reported

Mr. Laz
10-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Toub needs to get his shit together

Iconic
10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
reported

Stings like it was just yesterday.

Reerun_KC
10-06-2014, 11:57 AM
reported

As a beat down of the Chiefs....

2nd biggest come back in NFL history.
Funniest part about the whole game. There wasnt even enough time on the clock if we would of just rean the ball every series in the last 20 min... Only way we could of lost that lead is if we had incomplete passes.. Reid is so smart...

jonzie04
10-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Gaines ****ed himself and owens up going for that blocked fg. Im not even sure we have enough healthy dbs on the roster and practice squad to play nickle and dime packages.

Discuss Thrower
10-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Gaines ****ed himself and owens up going for that blocked fg. Im not even sure we have enough healthy dbs on the roster and practice squad to play nickle and dime packages.

Jamell Fleming is the last DB that isn't already playing another position on the 53 man and there are no DBs on the practice squad.

ThaVirus
10-06-2014, 01:01 PM
I'm thinking about trying out as a DB. I'm thinking I have a pretty good shot..

Iconic
10-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Jamell Flemings wife:

http://cdn-w.musculardevelopment.com/photos/transferred/DER_2560_MDJZJOXXLN.JPG

The Franchise
10-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Jamell Fleming is the last DB that isn't already playing another position on the 53 man and there are no DBs on the practice squad.

They better hope that Berry comes back next week so that Parker can move back to CB.

Discuss Thrower
10-06-2014, 01:05 PM
They better hope that Berry comes back next week so that Parker can move back to CB.

Considering Parker is better at safety than corner....

.... yikes.

jonzie04
10-06-2014, 01:15 PM

Jfc... we are very lucky next week is our bye. Give sometime tjme to heal up. Or enough time to bring in another jag db and enough time to semi learn a little bit

Red Dawg
10-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Horrible season. I want the number one pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Fuck Blue Moon; they need a red cross station in the "new Arrowhead".

Discuss Thrower
10-06-2014, 01:28 PM

I want whatever gets Dorsey, Reid and Smith out of town ASAP but that's not very likely.

The Chiefs are going to go a quarter of a century without a playoff win because of the bad decisions Clark Hunt has made since firing Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards. That's the epitome of bad luck as a fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I want whatever gets Dorsey, Reid and Smith out of town ASAP but that's not very likely.

The Chiefs are going to go a quarter of a century without a playoff win because of the bad decisions Clark Hunt has made since firing Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards. That's the epitome of bad luck as a fan.

I'm willing to give Dorsey a little more leeway and time. The other two?

Waste of time IMO.

Exoter175
10-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't think Cyrus Gray is actually injured, I think its just a setup for a roster spot move, since Gray is redundant now with Knile/DAT healthy for ST, and DAT is a way better receiver than Gray.

Exoter175
10-06-2014, 09:07 PM

Is the bye week really that hard?

Considering Parker is better at safety than corner....

.... yikes.

Parker can play both positions fairly well, he's a strong coverage guy more than anything. Probably best suited for the slot/nickel position, but I'd like to see him on the outside and cooper in the slot personally.

You can't seriously troll this hard if you think Firing Carl and Herm were bad moves lol.

I'm willing to give Dorsey a little more leeway and time. The other two?

Waste of time IMO.

Are you high?

Out of those 3, Alex is doing the best, followed by Reid, and Dorsey has the lone question market after this disastrous off season.

Kaepernick
10-06-2014, 10:47 PM
I thought this was about Gary Owen, Custer and the 7th cavalry.

Misread the title. LMAO

Well, injury threads do have a little in common with massacres...

Kaepernick
10-06-2014, 10:48 PM

It is too late to Imploda for Mariota. The Raiders and Jags are off to a nice head start.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2014, 10:48 PM
And yet Alex lives...

Discuss Thrower
10-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Alex getting hurt would be the absolute worst thing that can happen to the team unless Chase Daniel proves himself to be the next Josh McCown or some shit that demonstrates he can use the talent around him better than Alex can.

Alex's failures need to be demonstrated over this season and the next such that Reid is fired or he has to come to terms with the fact he picked the wrong guy and they can make a move to draft a QB. If the FO makes the right moves a decent playoff run in 2017 can be made possible.

Murray and Bray are nothing more than backups.

OldSchool
10-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Alex getting hurt would be the absolute worst thing that can happen to the team unless Chase Daniel proves himself to be the next Josh McCown or some shit that demonstrates he can use the talent around him better than Alex can.

Alex's failures need to be demonstrated over this season and the next such that Reid is fired or he has to come to terms with the fact he picked the wrong guy and they can make a move to draft a QB. If the FO makes the right moves a decent playoff run in 2017 can be made possible.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6zH7tdatQUA/SYtbUHZSknI/AAAAAAAAEQ8/A7hYqWdZd-4/s400/chicken_little.jpg

bobhill
10-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Send them some tampons and move on.

:LOL:

jonzie04
10-06-2014, 11:21 PM

In all honesty Alex smith getting hurt a few games may be a good thing. It may take just that for Andy to realize how dominant this offense can be when he depends on our backs to pound the ball... I'm honestly not sure how he still hasn't realized this...

And not so sure about that 2017 being the earliest.. This team is very young and has proven (to many) that they can beat anyone in NFL. They've displayed how dominant they can be on offense when Reid isn't sucking, by pounding it up 2 of the best defenses in the NFL in the 49ers and the patriots. And this is with a lot of our core players like knile, kelce, dat, the entire o line, jmj still developing. And missing a ton of starters.... this team could make a serious playoff run next year with a little luck on the injury side, and with the FO not being completely retarded.