PDA

View Full Version : Life So, about this cop killer Eric Frein...

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 02:33 PM
How has he managed to elude such a huge manhunt for this long? How has this amateur hour military reenactor managed to stay hidden for way longer than the military trained Chris Dorner?

They've confiscated huge stashes of food and equipment, so he is presumably running low on or just plain out of many needed items, and they also seem to have a good general fix on which area he's in.

You would think that dogs would be able to find him somewhat easily, especially if he's sitting in a hole wearing a diaper full of shit... I dunno, just thought I'd throw this out to all of you outdoorsmen and veterans and ask for your best guesses.

KC native
10-08-2014, 02:35 PM
he's dead in the tora bora mountains.

ptlyon
10-08-2014, 02:36 PM
They've confiscated huge stashes of food and equipment, so he is presumably running low on or just plain out of many needed items

If he's out of pringles, then that's just cruel and inhuman punishment

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 02:38 PM
he's dead in the tora bora mountains.

You're first in with the gun control false flag event conspiracy theory, duly noted.

ChiTown
10-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Cop probably deserved it....since all cops are bad. GO COP KILLA'S!

/CP

Eleazar
10-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Cop probably deserved it....since all cops are bad. GO COP KILLA'S!

/CP

zactly

DenverChief
10-08-2014, 03:05 PM
How has he managed to elude such a huge manhunt for this long? How has this amateur hour military reenactor managed to stay hidden for way longer than the military trained Chris Dorner?

They've confiscated huge stashes of food and equipment, so he is presumably running low on or just plain out of many needed items, and they also seem to have a good general fix on which area he's in.

You would think that dogs would be able to find him somewhat easily, especially if he's sitting in a hole wearing a diaper full of shit... I dunno, just thought I'd throw this out to all of you outdoorsmen and veterans and ask for your best guesses.

Dorner was in the Navy IIRC. Not.much survival skills taught there.

blaise
10-08-2014, 03:09 PM
I think they don't really want to go pushing the woods for him knowing he's shot cops and would do it again, and they're hoping the lack of food and weather will eventually make him pop out.

Ming the Merciless
10-08-2014, 03:10 PM
IIRC dorner was breaking into people's houses and actually was spotted on a road where cars come and go....

He fucked up

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 03:13 PM

A quick wiki look reveals you're correct, but he was still a cop, seems weird that this amateur reenactor has fooled the police longer than one of their own could.

I imply no conspiracy with that, just saying its weird.

blaise
10-08-2014, 03:16 PM
A quick wiki look reveals you're correct, but he was still a cop, seems weird that this amateur reenactor has fooled the police longer than one of their own could.

Well there are people in PA that spend a lot of time in the outdoors. It's pretty rural and mountainous. He might just know enough from growing up there to stay out there for a while.

Ming the Merciless
10-08-2014, 03:18 PM

I have no idea , I havent followed either case...so this is a guess...but Dorner seemed much more spur of the moment , like he snapped ...and had less time for preparations, or maybe some part of his prep. was foiled?

This guy seems to have been prepping a long time...but hes probably fucked because:

http://i.qkme.me/3537xx.jpg

KCUnited
10-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Cop should've just handed over his ID.

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 03:19 PM
I think they don't really want to go pushing the woods for him knowing he's shot cops and would do it again, and they're hoping the lack of food and weather will eventually make him pop out.

I've read thats what they're hoping will happen, but I kinda disagree with the tactic even if it puts them in harms way to a greater degree.

Forcing him out of the woods means one thing for him; home invasions, which obviously puts civilians in harms way big time.

This guy must be a lot cagier than anyone thought because they're surely using helicopters equipped with FLIR to find his heat signature out there (though there are ways to beat it supposedly) and he's fooled them for well over a month now.

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 03:21 PM
I have no idea , I havent followed either case...so this is a guess...but Dorner seemed much more spur of the moment , like he snapped ...and had less time for preparations, or maybe some part of his prep. was foiled?

This guy seems to have been prepping a long time...but hes probably ****ed because:

Very true, Frein had obviously been planning this for awhile as the caches of food and supplies in the woods attest to.

R8RFAN
10-08-2014, 03:25 PM
They probably fear he has set booby traps and are going to wait for him to come out because of the cold or hunger

Ming the Merciless
10-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Very true, Frein had obviously been planning this for awhile as the caches of food and supplies in the woods attest to.

How long did dorner plan his out for?

I know he ended up having to steal a car and break into people's houses so it didnt seem very well planned IMO

not sure though ,, I didnt pay a ton of attention to either case

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 03:34 PM
They probably fear he has set booby traps and are going to wait for him to come out because of the cold or hunger

Like I said though, that puts civilians at a much greater risk.

How long did dorner plan his out for?

I know he ended up having to steal a car and break into people's houses so it didnt seem very well planned IMO

not sure though ,, I didnt pay a ton of attention to either case

Dont know that I ever read how long they think Dorner planned it, but afaic all signs point to a "snap" and ill prepared getaway.

Frein is obviously different.

2bikemike
10-08-2014, 03:37 PM
This guy had been preparing for this for a Long time. He has studied how to survive in the wilderness even though he is self taught. They have apparently found explosives or material to make explosive devices at his house. He is supposedly an excellent marksman. These are a few of the reasons the cops are going slow and deliberate.

IMHO if he makes it until winter really sets in he will be harder to capture. As I understand it he is an area of mostly seasonal cabins. If he can hunt down for a while he may have an opportunity to slip away as the search effort ratchets back.

The last I read though is they think they have him hemmed in to about a 1.5 sq. mi. Area

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 03:43 PM
This guy had been preparing for this for a Long time. He has studied how to survive in the wilderness even though he is self taught. They have apparently found explosives or material to make explosive devices at his house. He is supposedly an excellent marksman. These are a few of the reasons the cops are going slow and deliberate.

IMHO if he makes it until winter really sets in he will be harder to capture. As I understand it he is an area of mostly seasonal cabins. If he can hunt down for a while he may have an opportunity to slip away as the search effort ratchets back.

The last I read though is they think they have him hemmed in to about a 1.5 sq. mi. Area

Wow 1.5 miles is an awfully small area, if thats the case his capture should happen any day or minute now.

The thing about winter setting in is what scares me for civilians though, because theres just NO way he's going to survive for long without a fire and even a dakota fire pit is going to give off the scent of burning wood and heat for a FLIR system to detect... he will have to pull a home invasion.

2bikemike
10-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Wow 1.5 miles is an awfully small area, if thats the case his capture should happen any day or minute now.

The thing about winter setting in is what scares me for civilians though, because theres just NO way he's going to survive for long without a fire and even a dakota fire pit is going to give off the scent of burning wood and heat for a FLIR system to detect... he will have to pull a home invasion.

I think that as winter sets in most of those cabins will have been shuttered for the winter. Which will reduce the danger to civilians.

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 04:42 PM
I think that as winter sets in most of those cabins will have been shuttered for the winter. Which will reduce the danger to civilians.

What I'm talking about though, is him slipping through this park/vacation cabin dragnet area and getting into more of a populated vicinity.

With these vacation cabins, he could break into one for shelter later on, but so far he doesnt seem dumb enough to do that.

DJay23
10-08-2014, 04:45 PM

This guy seems to have been prepping a long time...but hes probably ****ed because:

He has been planning this for a long time. In addition, I have a bad feeling there are folks aiding him.

Gonzo
10-08-2014, 04:57 PM
It's over Johnny....

Big Chief Homer
10-08-2014, 05:08 PM
A lot of people don't believe he's actually there any longer. Although they have been finding a lot of supplies in the woods. Like blankets and old camp fires. There are still some people they are not allowing back in their homes.

Only thing I know is I'm sick of the helicopters at tree level at 3 am.

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 05:18 PM
A lot of people don't believe he's actually there any longer. Although they have been finding a lot of supplies in the woods. Like blankets and old camp fires. There are still some people they are not allowing back in their homes.

Only thing I know is I'm sick of the helicopters at tree level at 3 am.

Ah, so you're right there eh? Are they talking about putting your neighborhood out of your homes yet? Sucks to say, but that may not be a bad idea if this keeps up, dudes well armed and knows how to use it, even the toughest, best shot of a husbands cant be home 24/7.

Those choppers are definitely carrying FLIR looking for a heat signature, guarantee he's hiding under a mylar blanket, even with his head poking out he looks no bigger than a possum or a coon to that.

Big Chief Homer
10-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, kids were out of school a few days. We're not real close,
Helicopters fly directly over our house on the way to refuel and return.

A lot of people are still not allowed into their homes but the numbers are dropping. Have a friend that works out of those barracks, thank god he was off that night.

A lot of people think he's not around that area anymore. Some of the evidence they are finding seems a little planted.

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 05:47 PM

A lot of people are still not allowed into their homes but the numbers are dropping. Have a friend that works out of those barracks, thank god he was off that night.

A lot of people think he's not around that area anymore. Some of the evidence they are finding seems a little planted.

That he's evaded capture for so long does maybe point to outside help, its definitely possible he's slipped out of the search area.

Buck
10-08-2014, 06:59 PM
How have I not heard of this? Where is this happening?

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 07:11 PM
How have I not heard of this? Where is this happening?

Pennsylvania, ambushed a state trooper outside his command post with a hunting rifle.

R8RFAN
10-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Why can't the dogs find him?

crazycoffey
10-08-2014, 07:25 PM
He actually has a FB support page. Disgusting

KCCHIEFS27
10-08-2014, 09:08 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g_Adax_ZvhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NSFW for language

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 10:24 PM
He actually has a FB support page. Disgusting

They're being watched like ducklings by a stealthy owl, you can bet.

Easy 6
10-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Why can't the dogs find him?

One trick I've heard of is to put pepper spray on the soles of your shoes, it supposedly deters dogs and/or throws them off.

The Bad Guy
10-08-2014, 10:26 PM
This all happened about 20 minutes from where I live.

It's crazy that he's managed to evade for the last month.

The Bad Guy
10-08-2014, 10:27 PM

Where do you live?

Psyko Tek
10-08-2014, 10:30 PM

bet he can swim, so he went and swam away

Sanka
10-09-2014, 02:51 AM
I live 15 minutes away from his parents house.

Valiant
10-09-2014, 04:39 AM
Probably not there, or dead somewhere else that is hard to track like a deep river or lake.

Sanka
10-09-2014, 05:15 AM
http://wnep.com/2014/10/08/freins-handwritten-journal-on-attack-revealed/

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2014, 07:32 AM
Is he at four or five stars now?

Sorter
10-09-2014, 08:34 AM
They're being watched like ducklings by a stealthy ocelot, you can bet.

Fixed.

crazycoffey
10-09-2014, 08:36 AM
They're being watched like ducklings by a stealthy owl, you can bet.

I say good, they should be, I'm all for fighting for your beliefs and changing gov involvements. But do it with a pen not bullets.

Eleazar
10-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Is he at four or five stars now?

LMAO

R8RFAN
10-09-2014, 08:44 AM
This all happened about 20 minutes from where I live.

It's crazy that he's managed to evade for the last month.

I bet that area is stressed the fuck out

Otter
10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
PA is a big state with lots of woods to get lost in pretty easily. And a large portion of the woods are full of abandoned mine shafts, caves, etc. and on otop of that all the mountains are dense with trees, mountain laurals and everything else you could imagine. You could be standing 10 feet away from soneone and not know it in many places. If you know what you're doing and can take the punishment you could stay out there for a long time. I have two theories on how this guy is still on the loose:

1. It was a suicide mission and after the shooting he found a really deep, remote hole to throw himself down (abandoned mine shaft prolly) or wrapped some weights to himself and found a nice deep body of water to jump in. There's a lake called Raystown not to far away that's basiclly a flooded valley with forests on the bottom. A couple weights in the right places and you know where to jump in and you'll never be found even by experienced diver reover teams.

2. The police are just holding up the perimeter they have set and biding their time until white tail season which comes up in a couple weeks. The woods will be swarmed with old PA boys with guns more than happy to help.

Interesting story to follow. Not sure there's going to be an outcome however if option 1 is correct.

Easy 6
10-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Informative post, Otter.

I have my doubts about suicide though, this guy wants to go out in a firefight IMO.

Bwana
10-09-2014, 12:28 PM
PA is a big state with lots of woods to get lost in pretty easily. And a large portion of the woods are full of abandoned mine shafts, caves, etc. and on otop of that all the mountains are dense with trees, mountain laurals and everything else you could imagine. You could be standing 10 feet away from soneone and not know it in many places. If you know what you're doing and can take the punishment you could stay out there for a long time. I have two theories on how this guy is still on the loose:

1. It was a suicide mission and after the shooting he found a really deep, remote hole to throw himself down (abandoned mine shaft prolly) or wrapped some weights to himself and found a nice deep body of water to jump in. There's a lake called Raystown not to far away that's basiclly a flooded valley with forests on the bottom. A couple weights in the right places and you know where to jump in and you'll never be found even by experienced diver reover teams.

2. The police are just holding up the perimeter they have set and biding their time until white tail season which comes up in a couple weeks. The woods will be swarmed with old PA boys with guns more than happy to help.

Interesting story to follow. Not sure there's going to be an outcome however if option 1 is correct.

I'm surprised they haven't been able to roust this dude out of the woods yet. Road trip?

Sanka
10-09-2014, 01:21 PM

I live in the area, and they cancelled hunting in certain areas a couple weeks ago.

Iowanian
10-09-2014, 02:09 PM
I feel like I've seen this movie before

http://tomnichols.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/firstblood-conflict.jpg

Bwana
10-09-2014, 03:22 PM

This whole story reminds me of the David Burgert story. He got into a shootout with a sheriffs deputy's in June of 2011, headed up into the mountains and has never been found.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/members/montana-fugitive-david-burgert-featured-on-cnn-sunday-night/article_541ddd4e-19ae-11e4-9256-001a4bcf887a.html

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/missoulian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/a8/fa81eeb6-9539-11e0-b8ea-001cc4c03286/4df52debd87de.image.jpg

Otter
10-10-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm surprised they haven't been able to roust this dude out of the woods yet. Road trip? Be the best vacation so far of 2014! Lock and load. Informative post, Otter.

I have my doubts about suicide though, this guy wants to go out in a firefight IMO. I think he's just a nut and his best way to come at the system was to kill as many cops as he can then cost them as much resources as possible. They're easily over $2 million looking for this guy between overtime, housing police in hotels, helicopters, food, logistics etc. It worked in the world trade center hits. This may just be a micro level use of model. I live in the area, and they cancelled hunting in certain areas a couple weeks ago. Didn't know about little tidbit. Kinda stupid if you as me. A lot of the state police they're bringing in (this is all hearsay btw) seem to be from the Philly area. I'd be willing to bet most those boys haven't spent much time in the woods. Get those redneck locals in there at least as guides. I'll bet they can show you every hiding place for 20 miles.

Dartgod
10-10-2014, 12:54 PM
This whole story reminds me of the David Burgert story. He got into a shootout with a sheriffs deputy's in June of 2011, headed up into the mountains and has never been found.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/members/montana-fugitive-david-burgert-featured-on-cnn-sunday-night/article_541ddd4e-19ae-11e4-9256-001a4bcf887a.html

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/missoulian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/a8/fa81eeb6-9539-11e0-b8ea-001cc4c03286/4df52debd87de.image.jpg

Related?

http://www.ralphmag.org/FU/wallace-shawn450x600.gif

Beef Supreme
10-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Inconceivable!

Tombstone RJ
10-10-2014, 01:14 PM

Interesting but why would he go to all the trouble of hiding guns, ammo and food if he was just gonna kill himself?

He very well might be dead but it will probably be because of something like exposure.

Otter
10-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Interesting but why would he go to all the trouble of hiding guns, ammo and food if he was just gonna kill himself?

He very well might be dead but it will probably be because of something like exposure. Counter measures in case he was being pursued to his destination and/or red herrings to prolong the hunt. Hell, I'm just playing Monday Morning Detective. With the exception of the reality of the situation, I love these kind of stories.

Tombstone RJ
10-10-2014, 01:20 PM

http://tomnichols.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/firstblood-conflict.jpg

Lol, yah I've seen this movie before. Only this time it will be colonel Sanders and a bucket of extra crispy bringing in the felon.

Tombstone RJ
10-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Counter measures in case he was being pursued to his destination and/or red herrings to prolong the hunt. Hell, I'm just playing Monday Morning Detective. With the exception of the reality of the situation, I love these kind of stories.

I can see him pretending to hide food because that is cheap and easy to do, guns and ammo not so much. But if he's smart he's in Alaska by now.

J Diddy
10-10-2014, 02:28 PM

If it were to be a suicide mission why wouldn't he take out as many as he could until he eventually gets shot?

Otter
10-10-2014, 02:36 PM
If it were to be a suicide mission why wouldn't he take out as many as he could until he eventually gets shot? Not if he wanted to cost millions of dollars in the after math having the local, state and federal government looking for his body. Again, I'm just guessing. If this guy were alive and where they were looking they would have found him by now IMHO. They literally have a small army hunting this guy in what they claim is a 1.5 mile area where they claim he's hiding. Check out some of these videos of the manpower they having chasing this guy:

http://wnep.com/2014/10/09/police-relentless-in-search-for-frein/

Now imagine the stuff you don't see like helicopters, overtime, admin costs, logistics, hotels, food, gas etc.

Sanka
10-10-2014, 03:41 PM
The gaming commision just opened up some areas near the search for hunting and trapping. Im not sure how comfortable Id be in those woods, they have found pipe bombs and trip wire in areas.

Easy 6
10-10-2014, 03:42 PM
The gaming commision just opened up some areas near the search for hunting and trapping. Im not sure how comfortable Id be in those woods, they have found pipe bombs and trip wire in areas.

I'm thinking he's slipped through the dragnet.

Sanka
10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
US Marshalls have apparently captured Eric Frein.

Sanka
10-30-2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.wgal.com/news/breaking-police-catch-eric-frein-suspected-state-trooper-killer/29444058

Easy 6
10-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Bout time they found this guy, I'd like to hear how it went down but theres no word on that yet from anything I'm seeing.

Looks like someone buttstroked him.