PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sounds like Justin Houston will be signing a new deal soon

ILChief
10-09-2014, 06:02 PM
@ChiefsInsider: Heard renewed talks between #Chiefs and Justin Houston's agent didn't go well. Might be time for JH to hire a new agent to get deal done!

jd1020
10-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Talks didn't go well, so a deal is imminent?

ILChief
10-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Talks didn't go well, so a deal is imminent?

Look who reported it

jd1020
10-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Look who reported it

Gonna have to bring me up to speed on this one.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Can't see who reported , was it Athan ? If so , it's a done deal !

ILChief
Gonna have to bring me up to speed on this one.

Nick Athan aka "Chiefs Insider". Dead wrong on virtually everything

jd1020

Ya, I had to look that up. It was Athan.

ILChief
10-09-2014, 06:07 PM

Yeah it was Athan

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Plus , if he hired a new agent then that's a very good sign.

WhiteWhale
10-09-2014, 06:08 PM
He's overpaid. We should trade him /cp 2016

Dante84
10-09-2014, 06:08 PM
hooks

OldSchool
10-09-2014, 06:09 PM
What happens to CP if Houston signs and ends up having subpar seasons after he gets paid?

jd1020
10-09-2014, 06:10 PM
What happens to CP if Houston signs and ends up having subpar seasons after he gets paid?

I'm sure his subpar season will still be better than Chandler Jones.

TimBone
10-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure I can continue to be a fan if the Chiefs don't find a way to keep Houston.

ModSocks
10-09-2014, 06:12 PM
He's overpaid. We should trade him /cp 2016

I mean, Ford stepped in and does just as good of a job.

OldSchool

Jones can't get more than 9 sacks a year?

ModSocks

This is the same guy that said Brandon Siler is better than DJ.....

let that sink in for a minute....

jd1020
10-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Jones can't get more than 9 sacks a year?

Houston's nearly got that in a 1/3 of a season.

Let me know when Jones gets a sack in the playoffs. #ShowsUpWhenItCounts

The Franchise
10-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Houston sucks. /Oldschool

Sorter
10-09-2014, 06:18 PM

The same that would happen when any player gets paid and then doesn't perform to the standards expected.

Were you expecting some sort of mind-blowing revelation? Was this a serious question? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Have you considered drinking bleach?

BWillie
10-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Should have signed Justin Houston first, and not paid Jamaal Charles & Alex Smith and forced them to play out their contract as is. But what do I know.

jd1020
10-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Should have signed Justin Houston first, and not paid Jamaal Charles & Alex Smith and forced them to play out their contract as is. But what do I know.

You don't take risks with guys like Alex Smith. You have to get them locked up before you are battling it out with the ****ing Raiders to sign him in the offseason.

But seriously, he'll get tagged if a deal isn't struck.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-09-2014, 06:22 PM

It'll happen. Smith and Charles both got paid and now smith won't even hand off to Charles !

OldSchool
10-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Houston sucks. /Oldschool

Huh? I never said that he sucked. Just said I'd like to see some consistency in his play. For example, don't disappear when you face Denver. Zero sacks in 2013 and this year when he faced them.

ModSocks
10-09-2014, 06:23 PM

It's not like Charles is breaking the bank or anything....

jd1020
Huh? I never said that he sucked. Just said I'd like to see some consistency in his play. For example, don't disappear when you face Denver. Zero sacks in 2013 and this year when he faced them.

Showing up when it matters most. Something Houston could learn from Chandler Jones.

Hog's Gone Fishin

How many did the rest of the Chiefs have ?

ModSocks
10-09-2014, 06:24 PM

You can't be fucking serious?

You mean he didn't sack the least sacked QB in the NFL, and maybe even the history of the NFL? Now THAT's one helluva barometer.

NO

FREAKING

WAY

OMG

In58men
10-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Chiefs Insider?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL. That's almost as funny as Alex Snith trying to throw 40 yards.

the Talking Can
10-09-2014, 06:27 PM

so dumb

houston and berry are overrated

you have the spirit of blackbob

jd1020
You can't be ****ing serious?

You mean he didn't sack the least sacked QB in the NFL, and maybe even the history of the NFL? Now THAT's one helluva barometer.

NO

FREAKING

WAY

OMG

Chandler Jones did it!

He doesn't disappear when the team needs him the most. Of course, his stats in the playoffs, accumulated over 4 games, are worse than Houston's one game.

Chiefspants
THE DEAL IS DONE

Frosty
10-09-2014, 06:29 PM
You can't be fucking serious?

NO

FREAKING

WAY

OMG

Especially while hurt.

Mind bottling

thabear04
10-09-2014, 06:30 PM
I mean, Ford stepped in and does just as good of a job.

Yeah Ford step in and was a lead blocker for Gore.

Frosty
so dumb

houston and berry are overrated

you have the spirit of blackbob

At least BlackBob is actually a Chiefs fan and not an Alex nuthugger.

thabear04
THE DEAL IS DONE

Link?

Coochie liquor
10-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Chiefs Insider?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL. That's almost as funny as Alex Snith trying to throw 40 yards.

To a wr, or defender??

Hydrae
10-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Manning has been sacked 4 times all season so it is not just Houston, it is every defender to play Denver. Alex is tied for 4th most, being sacked 13 times.

Sorter
10-09-2014, 06:41 PM

Houston got his first opportunity to rush Peyton with 0:40 left in the first and was triple teamed. LMAO

He had a total of 7 real pass rushing snaps. IMO 2 wins, 3 losses, 2 negligble. That's including the quick game stuff designed to prevent that and the triple/double teams he saw on 2 of those snaps (which I went ahead and counted as 1 loss and 1 neg. just for you).

What in the actual fuck are you expecting from roughly 7 attempts to rush the passer?

-King-
10-09-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm so confused. How the fuck do you get that he'll be signing a deal anytime soon from that tweet?
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
10-09-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm so confused. How the **** do you get that he'll be signing a deal anytime soon from that tweet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Nick Athan Reverse Mojo

Sorter
10-09-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm so confused. How the fuck do you get that he'll be signing a deal anytime soon from that tweet?
Posted via Mobile Device

'Twas Athan who tweeted it.

OldSchool
10-09-2014, 06:51 PM
You've got 2 out of 3 to pick from, who do you sign?

Poe
Houston
Berry

Sorter
10-09-2014, 06:53 PM

Poe
Houston
Berry

http://pikof.com/di/E358/its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg

jspchief
10-09-2014, 06:57 PM

Poe
Houston
Berry
You get to choose if oldschool burns in an aids fire or drinks Ebola antifreeze, pick 1.

BWillie
10-09-2014, 07:05 PM
It's not like Charles is breaking the bank or anything....
Still there was no reason to pay him, especially him

jspchief
10-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Still there was no reason to pay him, especially him
Wut?

BossChief
10-09-2014, 07:22 PM
I can deal with it if we lose Berry after next year...but if we lose either Houston or Poe to free agency in their respective free agency years, I will probably be done with this team..at least for a few years.

I hate to say it but Eric Berry is probably the most overrated player we've had in awhile. He's a solid defender...not a Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed. The defense has player just as well (or possibly better) without him.

OldSchool
10-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I can deal with it if we lose Berry after next year...but if we lose either Houston or Poe to free agency in their respective free agency years, I will probably be done with this team..at least for a few years.

I hate to say it but Eric Berry is probably the most overrated player we've had in awhile. He's a solid defender...not a Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed. The defense has player just as well (or possibly better) without him.

Agreed. Easier and much cheaper to find a solid/good safety than it is to find a good double digit OLB who has a balanced game or an athletic freak at the NT position.

Psyko Tek
10-09-2014, 07:27 PM

same thing that has happened fro anybody getting paid

Iowanian
Reid should start sitting Houston when the game is out of hand one way or another, late in the game. Get Dee "Madden Glitch" Ford some much needed reps....and keep Houston from running up his sack totals.

Sweet Daddy Hate
The same that would happen when any player gets paid and then doesn't perform to the standards expected.

Were you expecting some sort of mind-blowing revelation? Was this a serious question? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Have you considered drinking bleach?

ROFL

BossChief
10-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Safeties absolutely ARE NOT easy to find.

Safeties that can cover and defend the run are harder to find than almost any other position on the field...I just don't think guys that haven't shown the ability to consistently cause turnovers are worth elite type money...the kind of money Berry will want

I think he is worth 7/yr...not much more.

If they pay him more than that, he better be playing free safety and making opposing offenses scared to throw deep.

RealSNR
10-09-2014, 07:45 PM
This forum is a better place when Sorter is posting.

SAUTO
10-09-2014, 07:49 PM
This forum is a better place when Sorter is posting.

Most definitely.

OldSchool
10-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Safeties absolutely ARE NOT easy to find.

Safeties that can cover and defend the run are harder to find than almost any other position on the field...I just don't think guys that haven't shown the ability to consistently cause turnovers are worth elite type money...the kind of money Berry will want

I think he is worth 7/yr...not much more.

If they pay him more than that, he better be playing free safety and making opposing offenses scared to throw deep.

If a team has a dominant front 7, it can get away with just average play in the secondary. What type of defense are the Chiefs closer to having?

Dominant front 7 like the Panthers/49ers with an average to above average secondary?

Or a defense like the Seahawks who have a good front 7 but dominant seconday?

Mr. Laz
10-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Plus , if he hired a new agent then that's a very good sign.

it didn't say that Houston hired a new agent

It said that in the ChiefsInsiders opinion is might be time to hire a new agent

The thread title is the exact opposite of the post.

Sounds like the Chiefs and Houston talks continue to not go well.

BWillie
10-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Wut?
Let me ask you this, if you dont pay Charles, what happens? Absolutely nothing. You cant hold out like you used to in the NFL. The team that has you under contract has all the power. Yeah, hes probably the best player on the team. So what. That would be like the Royals paying Sal Perez more money, even though he signed a contract when he was younger & not as established

RealSNR
10-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Let me ask you this, if you dont pay Charles, what happens? Absolutely nothing. You cant hold out like you used to in the NFL. The team that has you under contract has all the power. Yeah, hes probably the best player on the team. So what. That would be like the Royals paying Sal Perez more money, even though he signed a contract when he was younger & not as established

The only difference is Perez figures to have many more years of playing baseball, even if it's not at catcher for that entire period.

Charles, unfortunately, is a RB in the NFL. He simply doesn't have the luxury of time, which means it makes even less sense for the Chiefs to tack on MORE years of Charles.

BWillie
10-09-2014, 08:13 PM
The only difference is Perez figures to have many more years of playing baseball, even if it's not at catcher for that entire period.

Charles, unfortunately, is a RB in the NFL. He simply doesn't have the luxury of time, which means it makes even less sense for the Chiefs to tack on MORE years of Charles.
Exactly. I was going to mention that as well. Unless you plan on keeping Charles into his low to middle 30s and want to gain some goodwill in hopes he signs with you then, I can see that argument. But surely thats not the Chiefs intentions, nor should it be with the life of RBs

CoMoChief
10-09-2014, 08:26 PM
So it's Athan's opinion and his only, that Houston "should" get another agent so that a deal can be made because current talks are not going smoothly.

This by no means suggests that a deal is coming anytime soon. If anything it sounds like they're miles apart on a deal and this will be dragged out even further, most likely into next off-season. My guess is that they won't get a deal done and Chiefs will tag him w/ the franchise tag.

Sorter
10-09-2014, 08:28 PM
So it's Athan's opinion and his only, that Houston "should" get another agent so that a deal can be made because current talks are not going smoothly.

This by no means suggests that a deal is something coming anytime soon. If anything it sounds like they're miles apart on a deal and this will be dragged out even further, most likely into next off-season. My guess is that they won't get a deal done and Chiefs will tag him w/ the franchise tag.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg

CoMoChief
10-09-2014, 08:30 PM

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

ILChief
10-09-2014, 08:31 PM

Thank you. I thought this was a sharper bunch :)

cmh6476
10-09-2014, 08:47 PM
This is why I keep my WPI premium membership.

also not really

BossChief
10-09-2014, 08:56 PM
If we don't make him the highest paid OLB in the NFL, he will walk.

Rightfully so, he absolutely deserves it because he has shown to be amazing in every facet of his game.

RealSNR
10-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Thank you. I thought this was a sharper bunch :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/640DI6SIi4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>