PDA

View Full Version : Royals Destiny is a Powerful Force - posted by a Orioles fan

Pages : [1] 2

10-11-2014, 03:01 AM
http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144634-Destiny-is-a-powerful-force

Rare is it a case that a team completely blows a bases loaded, no out situation in the top of the 9th like the Royals did....only to easily blow through the bottom of the inning and then unload in the 10th....all on the road!

They are not the best team in baseball by any means, but unless we can drop a really painful loss on them that gives them some shred of self-doubt, this series may be a quickie version of 1997. This one feels a little worse than your normal Game 1 loss because of how it played out.

One of their cyborg relievers really needs to screw up or something and cost them the game.

Now, click on the link and read the rest of the tripe they responded with. ROFL

J Diddy
10-11-2014, 03:45 AM
The Royals started folding once we tied the game. I think after tomorrow, when we win, you will see them collapse. We just need to win one game and they are done.

When exactly did they start to fold?

BigRock
10-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Look at these sons of bitches. Their team just came back from 4 down. Escaped a bases loaded no out jam in the 9th. Got to Greg Holland. AND STILL LOST.

FUCK
YOU

J Diddy
10-11-2014, 03:56 AM
Look at these sons of bitches. Their team just came back from 4 down. Escaped a bases loaded no out jam in the 9th. Got to Greg Holland. AND STILL LOST.

YOU

I'll be honest, I immediately assumed the KC curse when we had a gift of bases loaded and left them there in the 9th.

However, this proved to me something I already knew: This team is mentally tough. All these extra inning games that they aren't supposed to win but do is building confidence and confidence is king.

10-11-2014, 03:57 AM
I knew this thread would have potential. LMAO

J Diddy
10-11-2014, 03:59 AM
I knew this thread would have potential. LMAO

I just wish they had more comments. Seems there was 1 main theme: Don't fret we'll win. Really.

Seemed that they got one thing right. It is destiny bitches.

10-11-2014, 04:37 AM
I just wish they had more comments. Seems there was 1 main theme: Don't fret we'll win. Really.

Seemed that they got one thing right. It is destiny bitches.

The whole board is kind of barren. I went to the main page and even the game thread was kind of bland.

ChiTown
10-11-2014, 06:09 AM
I love the "celebrating like amateurs after every win"
Line. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I dunno, I think we're getting it down pretty good after winning 5 straight, you ****ing LOSERS! LMAO

10-11-2014, 06:16 AM
I love the "celebrating like amateurs after every win"
Line. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I dunno, I think we're getting it down pretty good after winning 5 straight, you ****ing LOSERS! LMAO

I found that funny too. The only celebration I didn't care for was clinching the post season without knowing if we might win the division. Outside that I seem to recall them jumping around and celebrating the same things the Royals did. Jackasses.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-11-2014, 06:28 AM
The Royals were 2nd in the league in getting runners in from 3rd and less than two outs and they brought them in a bit over 50 percent of the time. It is not as big a deal stranding runners as people think.

Exoter175
10-11-2014, 07:52 AM
I feel like they are just preparing themselves mentally to assume the position, with some of those remarks over there.

KCUnited
10-11-2014, 07:56 AM
"One of their cyborg relievers"

Herrera tagging in Davis to retake control of the game last night was a thing of beauty.

TLO
10-11-2014, 07:57 AM
It's kind of fun to think about this "team of destiny" stuff, but I also feel like that is a slight against our team in a way.

RollChiefsRoll
10-11-2014, 07:58 AM
What a bunch of pussies.

Dunerdr
10-11-2014, 08:02 AM
It's kind of fun to think about this "team of destiny" stuff, but I also feel like that is a slight against our team in a way.

I feel like destiny a been such a cruel bitch to Kansas City for so long that we shouldn't even date her again.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2014, 08:05 AM
This is destiny. And a damn good group of pitchers. And timely hitting.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Dude. They've been the doormat of the league for decades up until a couple of years ago. They were the butt of every brokedick team in the league. I used too bet my cousin on whether or not they'd lose 100 games in a season.

What Dayton Moore has done is nothing short of amazing. And even that took him 7 long years to accomplish. Take nothing as a slight. Just enjoy the ride, baby!

With baseball the way that it is now, and not looking like it will ever change, tomorrow is never guaranteed for teams like the Royals. #TaketheCrown

duncan_idaho
10-11-2014, 08:10 AM
The Orioles' scout board is a lot better place to hang out (see what I did there?).

OHO is known as the most-homerish Orioles board out there.

Orioles internet fans are pretty ridiculous and homerish in general, though (not all - just some). Remember when the Orioles were busy telling the Royals they should feel privileged to trade Billy Butler (Coming off a .313/29 HR/100+ RBI, .900 OPS season) for Brian Matusz and Jon Schoop (who are the time was at A ball)...

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Twitter douche fits right in with them.

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Twitter douche fits right in with them.

Really. That place is just full of his clones.

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Where does the arrogance come from?

They haven't won shit since 83.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Where does the arrogance come from?

They haven't won shit since 83.

Apparently from the same place some Chiefs fans find it regarding matchups with the Raiders.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Apparently from the same place some Chiefs fans find it regarding matchups with the Raiders.

LMAO So true. At training camp I had that cheese wheel wearing, meth addled, card passing, rotten toothed, glitter bedazzled shit for brains thuperfan xfactor behind me talking to a raiders fan and telling him how "The Chiefs will dominate" the Raiders this season.

I didnt realize the STJMO produced so many fetal alcohol babies that survived.

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 08:47 AM
My concern isn't so much a single game, or a division or even world series.

I just don't want all this success to turn into a huge swap meet at the K for the major market teams this offseason.

Worse than sucking was all those years watching the Royals being the best farm team on earth.

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 08:49 AM

An undeafeated decade for the Chiefs, followed by another decade and a half of last place Raiders, might have contributed.

duncan_idaho
10-11-2014, 08:53 AM

I just don't want all this success to turn into a huge swap meet at the K for the major market teams this offseason.

Worse than sucking was all those years watching the Royals being the best farm team on earth.

James Shields is probably going to walk in free agency to a long, expensive contract (that the team signing him might regret in years 3-5). That's not the Royals being a farm team.

Billy Butler is probably going to be cut loose, because he has an expensive option and has declined significantly for two straight seasons. He isn't worth $12.5 million a year any longer. That's not the Royals being a farm team.

The Royals MIGHT trade Greg Holland or Wade Davis as part of a deal to improve the everyday lineup or rotation. That's also not the Royals being a farm team.

My point: They're probably going to lose at least two and possibly three very prominent players after this year, but it's not because they're being cheap assholes and fire-sale-ing the team.

The Royals haven't traded a good player in a true salary dump since 2004. Dayton Moore has NEVER done it (

Bufkin
10-11-2014, 08:54 AM
Fuck them. They don't know what it's like to be a Kansas City sports fan. Also, any stadium that starts a Seven Nation Army chant deserves the worst case of Ebola. I hope we sweep them, and then piss on their batting practice equipment on our way out.

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 08:56 AM
James Shields is probably going to walk in free agency to a long, expensive contract (that the team signing him might regret in years 3-5). That's not the Royals being a farm team.

Billy Butler is probably going to be cut loose, because he has an expensive option and has declined significantly for two straight seasons. He isn't worth $12.5 million a year any longer. That's not the Royals being a farm team.

The Royals MIGHT trade Greg Holland or Wade Davis as part of a deal to improve the everyday lineup or rotation. That's also not the Royals being a farm team.

My point: They're probably going to lose at least two and possibly three very prominent players after this year, but it's not because they're being cheap assholes and fire-sale-ing the team.

The Royals haven't traded a good player in a true salary dump since 2004. Dayton Moore has NEVER done it (

I wasn't predicting it, certainly not guaranteeing it. I was just saying I'm gonna be on tenterhooks until they start stringing together sustained success.

I might be expressing myself poorly, but I'd characterize it as cautious optimism in the long term and drunken besotted bliss in the present.

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Fuck them. They don't know what it's like to be a Kansas City sports fan. Also, any stadium that starts a Seven Nation Army chant deserves the worst case of Ebola. I hope we sweep them, and then piss on their batting practice equipment on our way out.

Hey, sister fucker is a step up from kiddie diddler. ;)

Why Not?
10-11-2014, 08:58 AM
**** them. They don't know what it's like to be a Kansas City sports fan. Also, any stadium that starts a Seven Nation Army chant deserves the worst case of Ebola. I hope we sweep them, and then piss on their batting practice equipment on our way out.

This. I don't think I can ever want good things for the city of Baltimore, thanks to that stupid song. Also, their fan base seems way douchier than I thought.

Deberg_1990
10-11-2014, 08:59 AM
http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144634-Destiny-is-a-powerful-force

Rare is it a case that a team completely blows a bases loaded, no out situation in the top of the 9th like the Royals did....only to easily blow through the bottom of the inning and then unload in the 10th....all on the road!

They are not the best team in baseball by any means, but unless we can drop a really painful loss on them that gives them some shred of self-doubt, this series may be a quickie version of 1997. This one feels a little worse than your normal Game 1 loss because of how it played out.

One of their cyborg relievers really needs to screw up or something and cost them the game.

Now, click on the link and read the rest of the tripe they responded with. ROFL

Solid take

-King-
10-11-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm gonna enjoy watching Hosmer and co watch our guys celebrate like professionals after they win this series, not like amateurs after every game they win LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

kgrund
10-11-2014, 09:07 AM
As a far bigger Chiefs fan just wish these Royals could share some of this pixie dust that has been spread all over them. Chiefs would not be winless in the postseason this long with this type of karma. :)

duncan_idaho
10-11-2014, 09:08 AM
I wasn't predicting it, certainly not guaranteeing it. I was just saying I'm gonna be on tenterhooks until they start stringing together sustained success.

I might be expressing myself poorly, but I'd characterize it as cautious optimism in the long term and drunken besotted bliss in the present.

Definitely fair!

Considering that a big portion of the fanbase freaked the fuck out when the Royals traded David Lough - who wasn't actually very good - I can only imagine what the response will be when Shields and Butler move on.

I think a lot of people will freak. Hopefully they make a move or two to counteract the freak out...

Buehler445
10-11-2014, 09:08 AM
LMAO So true. At training camp I had that cheese wheel wearing, meth addled, card passing, rotten toothed, glitter bedazzled shit for brains thuperfan xfactor behind me talking to a raiders fan and telling him how "The Chiefs will dominate" the Raiders this season.

I didnt realize the STJMO produced so many fetal alcohol babies that survived.

He's from my town. Not St Joe. FWIW.

Buehler445
10-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Oh. And cyborg relievers is pretty damn funny.

Buehler445
10-11-2014, 09:11 AM
This. I don't think I can ever want good things for the city of Baltimore, thanks to that stupid song. Also, their fan base seems way douchier than I thought.
Ray Lewis.

That's all you needed to know about Baltimore and douchiness

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Ray Lewis.

That's all you needed to know about Baltimore and douchiness

A vinegary pussy gets you two SB rings?

Send the Chiefs' FO to The Olive Garden with Super Soakers, then.

duncan_idaho
10-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Oh. And cyborg relievers is pretty damn funny.

There's a meme waiting there, isn't there?

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2014, 09:19 AM
He's from my town. Not St Joe. FWIW.

Scott City? We'll just say he's from the Jo.

splatbass
10-11-2014, 09:26 AM
They were the butt of every brokedick team in the league. I used too bet my cousin on whether or not they'd lose 100 games in a season.

I use to make a yearly bet with a Cleveland Indians fan over which team would be worse - if your team is worse you win. It was the only way to win anything betting on the Royals. :) The last couple of years I haven't made the bet.

Some years we would just go double or nothing over Chiefs/Browns after the baseball season was over.

Three7s
10-11-2014, 09:29 AM
No kidding. Their chants are about as retarded as anything I've ever heard. They call that shit, "professional"?

lcarus
10-11-2014, 09:32 AM
The Royals were 2nd in the league in getting runners in from 3rd and less than two outs and they brought them in a bit over 50 percent of the time. It is not as big a deal stranding runners as people think.

Yep. Double play balls happen (especially with Billy Butler bahzing). But the game was still tied and we still had Wade Davis on the mound dominating with Greg Holland in waiting. So I was still saying in the game thread - we still had a great shot to win the game.

gblowfish
10-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Let's not get too complacent. This is a very, very dangerous team we're playing. Three more wins to go. Keep focused, go to work, everybody do their jobs. One game at a time, seriously.

duncan_idaho
10-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Yep. Double play balls happen (especially with Billy Butler bahzing). But the game was still tied and we still had Wade Davis on the mound dominating with Greg Holland in waiting. So I was still saying in the game thread - we still had a great shot to win the game.

Darren O'Day is a groundball - and therefore double play - machine. When you're a submariner, you're not trying to blow the ball by anyone. That's going to be a really tough matchup for Butler (and any other RH hitter) all series, and if he throws strikes on the inside part of the plate, righties are going to hit groundballs.

Going to Herrera and Davis for an extra inning each was a really critical move for Yost (as was, as it turned out, letting Shields pitch the 5th, which allowed them to lengthen the pen just enough).

Really would be great if they could get 7 innings out of Ventura today. With Davis and Herrera throwing 2 innings each, I'm not sure either is available today.

Finnegan should be available, but KC might need to rely on Frasor to get through the tough righty bats in the late innings. I'm fine with that matchup, but it would be great if they could get through this game without using Duffy (so he's available for Game 3).

Mosbonian
10-11-2014, 09:57 AM

I'm OK with Butler and Shields leaving the Royals considering what they would probably cost us next year. Butler has seen his best years (if there were any really good years) and Shields will probably have a drop off in a couple of years.

It's just my opinion......but of the bullpen trio I would LEAST like to see Wade Davis be traded. To me he seems to be the most steady of the 3 we have and last night just pretty much proved it. He went thru the 8th and 9th like he was pitching against HS kids.

duncan_idaho
10-11-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm OK with Butler and Shields leaving the Royals considering what they would probably cost us next year. Butler has seen his best years (if there were any really good years) and Shields will probably have a drop off in a couple of years.

It's just my opinion......but of the bullpen trio I would LEAST like to see Wade Davis be traded. To me he seems to be the most steady of the 3 we have and last night just pretty much proved it. He went thru the 8th and 9th like he was pitching against HS kids.

Yeah, I'm starting to think they might not move either (especially if the bullpen remains such a significant strength during this postseason run). But I couldn't argue with one over the other.

Davis has been more dominant this year and has the size and arsenal you want out of a closer, but Holland's 4-year run is also one of the most dominant you will find.

He's been godly for 4 years now. That reliability is something to consider...

Mosbonian
10-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Darren O'Day is a groundball - and therefore double play - machine. When you're a submariner, you're not trying to blow the ball by anyone. That's going to be a really tough matchup for Butler (and any other RH hitter) all series, and if he throws strikes on the inside part of the plate, righties are going to hit groundballs.

Going to Herrera and Davis for an extra inning each was a really critical move for Yost (as was, as it turned out, letting Shields pitch the 5th, which allowed them to lengthen the pen just enough).

Really would be great if they could get 7 innings out of Ventura today. With Davis and Herrera throwing 2 innings each, I'm not sure either is available today.

Finnegan should be available, but KC might need to rely on Frasor to get through the tough righty bats in the late innings. I'm fine with that matchup, but it would be great if they could get through this game without using Duffy (so he's available for Game 3).

I think Yost was throwing out all stops to win last night...that pretty much puts the Royals up to defending home turf to win it all at home. If they win the game this afternoon there should be a stampede to fill the stadium for those 3 games.

I see them using the rest of the bullpen and only going to Holland if necessary. If they use Davis or Herrera at all it would only be for a batter or two or a situational at-bat.

Lex Luthor
10-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Definitely fair!

Considering that a big portion of the fanbase freaked the **** out when the Royals traded David Lough - who wasn't actually very good - I can only imagine what the response will be when Shields and Butler move on.

I think a lot of people will freak. Hopefully they make a move or two to counteract the freak out...

I remember a few years ago when a bunch of ignorant fans went ballistic because the Royals traded Melky Cabrera. I tried to tell them it was a great move because Cabrera was blocking Lorenzo Cain from playing. They didn't care. All they knew was that they loved their Melky. Half of them had no idea who Lorenzo Cain was. They just kept saying "same old Royals".

It will be the same way this offseason with Shields and Butler.

Mosbonian
10-11-2014, 10:05 AM
I shouldn't short-sell Herrera last night either.....he did a great job in relief of Finnegan.

duncan_idaho
10-11-2014, 10:10 AM
I think Yost was throwing out all stops to win last night...that pretty much puts the Royals up to defending home turf to win it all at home. If they win the game this afternoon there should be a stampede to fill the stadium for those 3 games.

I see them using the rest of the bullpen and only going to Holland if necessary. If they use Davis or Herrera at all it would only be for a batter or two or a situational at-bat.

I think you're exactly right and I completely agree with the decision. Winning Game 1 was pretty critical.

I remember a few years ago when a bunch of ignorant fans went ballistic because the Royals traded Melky Cabrera. I tried to tell them it was a great move because Cabrera was blocking Lorenzo Cain from playing. They didn't care. All they knew was that they loved their Melky. Half of them had no idea who Lorenzo Cain was. They just kept saying "same old Royals".

Yeah, it will.

DaFace
10-11-2014, 10:11 AM
No kidding. Their chants are about as retarded as anything I've ever heard. They call that shit, "professional"?

The problem isn't the chant itself - the original song is pretty solid, and the chant is prevalent in many soccer stadiums without being obnoxious.

The problem is that it's the ONLY GOD DAMN CHANT THEY DO FOR THE ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING GAME. LEARN ANOTHER CHANT FOR CHRISSAKES.

milkman
10-11-2014, 10:13 AM

Just out of curiosity, what did the Royals get back for Melky?

TLO
10-11-2014, 10:17 AM

Jonathan Sanchez. LMAO
Who then turned into Jeremy Guthrie.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2014, 10:23 AM

Jonathan Sanchez

BWillie
10-11-2014, 10:26 AM

I believe that stat is if the Royals have a runner on 3rd OR 2nd. If you get bases loaded, no outs, AND get a 3-2 count on the hitter...I would say you have at least an 85% chance to score a run in that inning.

milkman
10-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Jonathan Sanchez

Jonathan Sanchez. LMAO
Who then turned into Jeremy Guthrie.

The info made available by Duncan Idaho and others here had me chomping at the bit to see Cain in the bigs, so moving Melky essentailly opened the roster for Cain, and eventually netted Guthrie, who seems to be about as solid a #5 starter that you can hope for.

Seems like a major win to me.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Definitely fair!

Considering that a big portion of the fanbase freaked the **** out when the Royals traded David Lough - who wasn't actually very good - I can only imagine what the response will be when Shields and Butler move on.

The casual fans are going to freak big time when Shields and Butler leave.

Strongside
10-11-2014, 10:30 AM
My God, it's glorious to be on the other side of these things for once.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2014, 10:31 AM
The info made available by Duncan Idaho and others here had me chomping at the bit to see Cain in the bigs, so moving Melky essentailly opened the roster for Cain, and eventually netted Guthrie, who seems to be about as solid a #5 starter that you can hope for.

Sanchez blew balls here, but it was the right idea by Moore.

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 10:37 AM

champing /nodumbass

farmerchief
10-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Yep. Double play balls happen (especially with Billy Butler bahzing). But the game was still tied and we still had Wade Davis on the mound dominating with Greg Holland in waiting. So I was still saying in the game thread - we still had a great shot to win the game. I cringed when Billy came to the plate, as I really felt he would hit into the doubleplay, which he did. I thought to myself, boy what a time for Billy and Ned to cross everybody up, and have him lay down a bunt? Im sure it would have caught them all by surprise, and we could have got the run home from third, but, who knows, if Billy has ever been called on to bunt?

milkman
10-11-2014, 10:50 AM
champing /nodumbass

http://grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

I learned something today.

DaFace
10-11-2014, 10:55 AM
http://grammarist.com/usage/champing-chomping-at-the-bit/

I learned something today.

Same here. I think I'll stick to chomping though. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
10-11-2014, 10:55 AM
My wife begrudgenly accepted the Chiefs after years of being a football widow. Baseball drives her nuts. She's just not into sports. She has the day off today and said "What time is the Royals game on?"

I told her 3pm expecting backlash. "Awesome. Let's get some snacks and watch them beat those fuckers again!"

ROFL God has blessed me...

RealSNR
10-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Does anybody know if the remaining fans doing the gay Seven Nation Army chant after Gordon cracked his homer in the 10th were Royals fans doing it to fuck with Orioles fans?

I really love the image that brings to mind, so that's what I'm going to believe.

BigRock
10-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Does anybody know if the remaining fans doing the gay Seven Nation Army chant after Gordon cracked his homer in the 10th were Royals fans doing it to fuck with Orioles fans?

I really love the image that brings to mind, so that's what I'm going to believe.

It was. McCullough was tweeting about it last night.

Buehler445
10-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Let's not get too complacent. This is a very, very dangerous team we're playing. Three more wins to go. Keep focused, go to work, everybody do their jobs. One game at a time, seriously.

This. We got here with hustle poise and focus. All are easily lapsed.

My wife begrudgenly accepted the Chiefs after years of being a football widow. Baseball drives her nuts. She's just not into sports. She has the day off today and said "What time is the Royals game on?"

I told her 3pm expecting backlash. "Awesome. Let's get some snacks and watch them beat those fuckers again!"

Bless her.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-11-2014, 11:00 AM
LMAO I'm so superstitious that I typed out this long post on something negative and said "Fuck that. I'm not even putting that neg mojo out there."

Mr. Flopnuts
10-11-2014, 11:01 AM
And I'm not superstitious by nature. Just baseball and sales. Funny.

KChiefs1
10-11-2014, 11:36 AM
http://m.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/10/the-sweet-superstition-of-rooting-for-the-royals/38136

On the first day of September of this year, I packed my car and made a three-hour drive from my home in rural Saline County, Kansas to Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. My goal for the journey was to save the Royals' historic run at a postseason baseball berth; my strategy was to fly a South Korean flag from the upper decks of the stadium.

Die-hard Royals fans will understand my reasoning. By midnight of August 31st, Kansas City's long-suffering baseball team was spiraling into a slump that threatened to ruin an otherwise outstanding late-summer run. After having won 17 out of 21 games early in the month, the Royals had dropped four games in a row, hemorrhaging 10 extra-inning runs in three extra-inning games, and enduring a home-series sweep at the hands of the suddenly clutch Cleveland Indians. Worst of all, the final loss was not yet an official loss; it was a 10th-inning rainout that had left the Royals down 4-2 with three outs to go. The final half-inning was scheduled to resume in Cleveland 23 days later, but given the Royals' exasperating inability to muster offense, few fans were looking forward to revisiting the inevitable pain of letdown in three weeks' time.

My South Korean flag represented hope for the Royals. Not because the team's players have a particular connection to Korea, but because the team's most loyal fan, a Seoul-native named SungWoo Lee, had recently visited Kansas City after having rooted for the team from afar for two decades. What had started out as a Twitter campaign to regale this Korean superfan with Midwestern hospitality snowballed into a much bigger phenomenon as the Royals won nine games during Lee's 10-day visit. On August 11th, just after the Royals defeated the A's 3-2 and moved into a half-game lead in the AL Central, SungWoo hung the "W" on the outer wall of the Royals Hall of Fame, to the delight of 20,000 fans at Kauffman Stadium. After 29 years of frustration (the Royals hadn't made the playoffs since winning the World Series in 1985) Kansas City's baseball team was suddenly basking in the thrall of what felt like good luck.

The idea of luck has, of course, been central to the mythos of baseball, from the Red Sox's 86-year "Curse of the Bambino" to the Cubs' ongoing "Curse of the Billy Goat." Superstition is so deeply rooted in the workings of the game that most players wouldn't dare step on the chalk foul line between innings any more than they'd chat up a pitcher during a no-hitter. Players and fans alike employ rituals like the rally cap (i.e. headgear worn inside-out in the hopes of turning a game around), but for the most part, fan superstitions have been a separate and largely private ritual.

Last season, for example, when the Royals went on a 19-5 run after the All-Star break, I began listening to game broadcasts on the same Reagan-era Sears boom box I'd used during the team's 1985 World Series season. Earlier this year, in June, I was all set to shave off the scraggly beard I'd been growing since early April when the Royals went on a 10-game winning streak. (It's now four months later; I still have the beard.) It was around this time that I began to quietly follow a group of fellow Royals neurotics on Twitter, and that's how I came to be convinced that the team's fortunes might well be pegged to the unwavering faith of a gentle-spirited 38-year-old from Seoul.

I flew the South Korean flag from my seat in the HyVee box seats Kauffman Stadium the evening of September 1st, and the Royals defeated the Texas Rangers 4-3. Kansas City went on to win four of its next five games, and ultimately clinched a Wild Card later that month. I'm not sure if any players on the team noticed the flag's red-over-blue yin-yang flapping way up in the cheap seats that night, but it didn't matter. Unfurling a Korean flag was, as much as anything, a declaration of faith to every fan who understood what it represented—that things would be okay, that fate would remain on our side, that the Royals did (and would) have things under control.

If SungWoo Lee represents the symbolic heart of a Royals fan-base that has seen a lot of suffering for the past 29 years, our symbolic brains belong to a part-time baseball blogger and full-time Royals stalwart named Rany Jazayerli, who contributes articles to venues like ESPN's Grantland. Just as SungWoo has spent the past two decades embodying the decency and optimism that we aspire to (and frequently fall short of) as Midwestern sports fans, Rany has spent that same period articulating the perennial frustrations of Royals fandom with wry humor and keen analytical intelligence. Taken together, Lee and Jazayerli (whose Royals-fan Twitter followers number in the tens of thousands) are a two-person counterpoint to George Orwell's old assertion that sports fandom is bound up in the hatreds and jealousies of "local patriotism."

Indeed, for all their years of Royals loyalty, neither of these Royals super-fans has ever lived in Kansas City: Rany is a Chicago-based Syrian-American Muslim dermatologist who spent a portion of his youth in Wichita; SungWoo is a Seoul-born corporate merchandise manager who fell in love with the underdog Royals when, as a middle-school student, he began watching American baseball broadcasts in an attempt to improve his English. There is nothing rote or parochial about either man's fandom; they love the Royals because the Royals are the Royals (and Royals fans like me have grown to love them for that).

The fact that I have, in effect, become a fan of fans like Lee and Jazayerli says a lot about following sports in the 21st century. When I first embraced the Royals as a grade-school kid in the late 1970s, I tracked the emergence of the small-market team and its breakout stars—George Brett, Frank White, Dennis Leonard—via radio broadcasts and newspaper box scores. I lived in Wichita, and although my aunt and uncle once treated me to a game during a summertime visit to Kansas City (July 5, 1978, a 10-1 victory over the Angels; I still own the program), I rarely interacted with Royals fans who weren't family members or classmates. The Royals superstition-rituals that I eventually developed (such as leaving the room when opposing runners were in scoring position) thus evolved within an introverted, self-conscious vacuum as the franchise scrapped its way through several postseason runs en route to its first world title in 1985. By the time the team had begun its slow decline and stagnation in the mid-1990s and 2000s I had moved overseas to Asia, where online Royals outcomes felt more emotionally abstract than they did over the radio. When my return to Kansas coincided with the eventual revival of the team's fortunes, however, I found myself just as beholden to oddball notions of luck as I was when I was a kid.

As a notorious "game of inches" that doesn't always yield consistent outcomes, baseball has a way of intensifying the sense of powerlessness and uncertainty that fuels such superstitions. Add an idiosyncratic manager like the Royals' Ned Yost to the mix, and the task of wishing the best outcome for your team can begin to blur into neurosis. An old-school "small-ball" strategist by reputation, Yost's leadership can at times feel downright Old Testament to longtime Royals fans, who can never be certain if they are witnessing some weird preamble to a miracle, or being punished for something they will never understand.

It was in a jag of frustration at Yost's compulsive bunting and bizarre bullpen orthodoxy that I turned to the solace of the Royals' Twittersphere earlier this summer. There, after a lifetime of loving the Royals, I finally found people who were as exuberant and irrational about the team as I was. Reading the feeds of people like @Ethan_Bryan and @KCRoyalFan and @TheFakeNed, I was able to revel not just in fevered narratives about the team's strategies and players, but also in the stories of people—like SungWoo—who loved the team in ways I hadn't yet considered. I was mostly an observer rather than a participant in the chatter, but keeping my Twitter feed open during games developed into its own ritual. When the team clinched its first postseason berth in nearly three decades with a 3-1 win over the White Sox on September 26th, watching my fellow fans celebrate on Twitter was nearly as satisfying as watching online footage of the players spraying champagne in the clubhouse.

On the final day of September I once again made the three-hour drive to Kauffman Stadium, this time with my 75-year-old father in tow, to watch the Royals play the A's in the AL Wild Card game. Flush with an excitement shared by 40,000 other Royals fans, we found our HyVee seats in the upper deck and settled in for what may well be remembered as the most epic five hours in Kansas City baseball history. After falling behind 2-0 in the top half of the first inning, the Royals fought back for a 3-2 lead in the third, which held fast until Yost's peculiar bullpen tactics led to the A's scoring five runs in the sixth inning. This 7-3 deficit lasted until the bottom of the eighth inning, when a combination of stolen bases, clutch hitting, and a wild pitch enabled the Royals to creep back to within one run. An inning later, with the A's up 7-6 going into the bottom of the ninth, I took out my South Korean flag and anxiously held it out toward the field.

The author in 1978 and 2014 (Rolf Potts)

I'd done this ten-dozen times during the game's dizzying emotional roller coaster, of course, but this time I caught the attention of whoever runs the stadium's 8,820-square-foot "Crown Vision" Jumbotron. Unspoken stadium protocol dictates that one is supposed to mug and enthuse during Crown Vision appearances, but I've never understood how true fans are able to put on a display of silly energy during close games. Gazing up at myself on the big screen I realized how stricken I looked, flag in hand, a five-month tangle of beard-growth making me appear is if I'd just staggered in from Amish-country witness-protection exile.

I doubt the players noted the anomaly of a skittish bearded man clutching a South Korean flag for those few moments on the Jumbotron. When the Royals tied the game in the bottom of the ninth, it wasn't a matter of luck; it was the result of Josh Willingham's bloop single, Jarrod Dyson's bold base running, and a solidly hit Nori Aoki fly ball. It was rookie reliever Brandon Finnegan—not luck—that kept the game tied through the 10th and 11th innings, and it was the clutch hitting of Eric Hosmer, Christian Colon, and Salvador Perez that enabled the Royals to overcome a one-run deficit and clinch the game in the bottom of the 12th. Still, holding that flag in the middle of the ninth inning made me feel that all those feats might be possible—and that other fans might notice the gesture and embrace the possibility too. Later, after a giddy three-hour drive home, I noticed that a handful of in-the-know Twitter fans had seen the flag and sent hope-filled salutes to SungWoo. When Rany Jazayerli's account of the game appeared on Grantland hours later, he noted the flag's appearance on the Jumbotron and intuited exactly what I'd hoped it would mean to folks like him: "We got this."

Later that week, when the Royals defeated the Angels on consecutive nights in a pair of thrilling 11-inning divisional-series games, friends from around the country messaged me to note how happy I must have been at all the triumphant drama. I was happy—I was overjoyed—but, as a lifelong fan who has never been able to shake my belief in the odd workings of luck, I was also wrung out emotionally, wrecked by an endorphins-and-adrenaline hangover. When the Royals clinched the series with an 8-3 home win two days later, I was as grateful for the margin of victory as I was for the win itself.

This weekend, as the Royals open their league championship series against the Orioles in Baltimore, I will be sitting in my home in north-central Kansas, listening to the game on my Reagan-era Sears boom box. If by chance Oriole runners get into scoring position, I will leave the room. If by chance the game gets close, I will take out my South Korean flag and drape it over my shoulders. If by chance this all begins to feel unhinged, I will open up my Twitter feed and look for kindred spirits.

Prison Bitch
10-11-2014, 11:45 AM

LOL. Not scoring with the bases loaded no outs is almost criminal, esp with your 4 & 5 hitters up. It was a joke so don't defend it. Hos got ahead 1-0 with a guy who had thrown 13/14 pitches for balls. Then he swings for the fences on a pitch way outside. He's been great in the postsesason but that was one terrible AB

Chiefshrink
10-11-2014, 11:49 AM
What this person fails to realize was that the wild card win over Oakland spawned a championship window of vision in every individual on this team that continues to grow everyday to the point where no matter the adversity they will win IN THE END. They 'finally' believe in themselves as not only baseball winners but more importantly potential baseball world champions. After the Oakland game this team became MEN with a collective VISION of seeing themselves as 'World Champions'. The Royals have the true VISION of DESTINY right now. Even after the bases loaded no out debacle it was as though collectively they just shrugged it off saying to themselves quietly and confidently together "No problem, we got this". This is what champions do in the heat of adversity. They don't panic. The Royals of old would have for sure. But this is a very different team. A team that has finally come into their own MANHOOD of team winning baseball and truly seeing themselves as potential World Series Champions !!

Yes, this IS Destiny in the making !!! Enjoy watching our boys coming together to play like Champions of Men !!

Chiefshrink
10-11-2014, 11:52 AM
LOL. Not scoring with the bases loaded no outs is almost criminal, esp with your 4 & 5 hitters up. It was a joke so don't defend it. Hos got ahead 1-0 with a guy who had thrown 13/14 pitches for balls. Then he swings for the fences on a pitch way outside. He's been great in the postsesason but that was one terrible AB

Yes it was ugly and cringed myself. But to my point, they would have choked in the past after that. But not now. They ARE truly a different team. A team of MEN who now KNOW how to win even when they piss on their own shoes:thumb:

Prison Bitch
10-11-2014, 11:53 AM
The Orioles' scout board is a lot better place to hang out (see what I did there?).

OHO is known as the most-homerish Orioles board out there.

Orioles internet fans are pretty ridiculous and homerish in general, though (not all - just some). Remember when the Orioles were busy telling the Royals they should feel privileged to trade Billy Butler (Coming off a .313/29 HR/100+ RBI, .900 OPS season) for Brian Matusz and Jon Schoop (who are the time was at A ball)...

I remember that, and how absurd and insulted I was, and then realizing this year that would've been a great deal for us with Belly's collapse

lcarus
10-11-2014, 11:54 AM
THem talking about our "pixie dust" and "luck". They're damn lucky they were even in that game. They got so many lucky breaks and bullshit strike calls. Should have been a blowout.

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 11:56 AM
What this person fails to realize was that the wild card win over Oakland spawned a championship window of vision in every individual on this team that continues to grow everyday to the point where no matter the adversity they will win IN THE END. They 'finally' believe in themselves as not only baseball winners but more importantly potential baseball world champions. After the Oakland game this team became MEN with a collective VISION of seeing themselves as 'World Champions'. The Royals have the true VISION of DESTINY right now. Even after the bases loaded no out debacle it was as though collectively they just shrugged it off saying to themselves quietly and confidently together "No problem, we got this". This is what champions do in the heat of adversity. They don't panic. The Royals of old would have for sure. But this is a very different team. A team that has finally come into their own MANHOOD of team winning baseball and truly seeing themselves as potential World Series Champions !!

Yes, this IS Destiny in the making !!! Enjoy watching our boys coming together to play like Champions of Men !!

So you're saying there'a GLEAM!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-guvRGPJVLV0/UOxyAlXpiMI/AAAAAAAAAkE/2BAiVS8Jzlc/s1600/theres-a-chance-o.gif

Chiefshrink
10-11-2014, 12:00 PM
So you're saying there'a GLEAM!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-guvRGPJVLV0/UOxyAlXpiMI/AAAAAAAAAkE/2BAiVS8Jzlc/s1600/theres-a-chance-o.gif

I didn't want to say it because it's too obvious ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Typical east coast douchebags.

Fuck 'em.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Nobody gives a shit about Kansas City.

Well fuck you, we're gonna make you give a shit. Literally. You will shit your pants when we beat you.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10631063_807111639311749_4205265358627880857_o.jpg

milkman
10-11-2014, 12:17 PM

OK, Lucy.

RealSNR
10-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Clay, do you have that gif of the Angels manager yelling "We can't lose to the fucking Royals!"

Hammock Parties
10-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Clay, do you have that gif of the Angels manager yelling "We can't lose to the fucking Royals!"

http://i.imgur.com/1EwComW.gif

Simplicity
10-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Did they forget that they were lucky enough to be even in the game down by 5-1?

Reading all those comments was very boring, they all pretty much say the same dumb shit about "playing out of their minds" and "destiny" and "they need 1 loss then it's over"

Between their obnoxious chants last night and their idiotic comments on their board, they have became a pretty dumb fanbase.

RealSNR
10-11-2014, 12:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1EwComW.gif

Gorgeous. Thank you.

Prison Bitch
10-11-2014, 12:39 PM
I can't see where he's saying that in the gif unless its a joke

Hammock Parties
10-11-2014, 12:42 PM

It's implied, dumbass.

Chiefshrink
10-11-2014, 12:46 PM
OK, Lucy.

Glad you liked it "King of Dairy Queens":p

Bufkin
10-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Lmao, this fucknut took it literally. LMAO

duncan_idaho
10-11-2014, 01:19 PM
I remember that, and how absurd and insulted I was, and then realizing this year that would've been a great deal for us with Belly's collapse

Not really.

Matusz is Baltimore's version of Aaron Crow, and Jon Schoop posted a .598 OPS, albeit it with really good defense. (Omar Infante: .632)

Butler also had a few hot streaks that were critical factors in the Royals claiming a wild card spot.

10-11-2014, 06:32 PM
bumpity bump

-King-
10-11-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm just pissed off I gotta keep watching these amateur celebrations. If they celebrate like this 6 more times, I'll truly be mad...

Hammock Parties
10-11-2014, 06:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TYJceeh.gif

MTG#10
10-11-2014, 06:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TYJceeh.gif

First time Ive seen someone in a turtle neck in 10+ years.

RealSNR
10-11-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm just pissed off I gotta keep watching these amateur celebrations. If they celebrate like this 6 more times, I'll truly be mad...

FIRE THE CELEBRATION COACH!

10-11-2014, 06:47 PM

I'm tellin' ya.
Act like you've been there before bitches.

Oh wait, they just did
LMAO

RealSNR
10-11-2014, 06:57 PM
I wonder what this guy thinks now

One throw that Hardy makes better or Pearce picks better, then we win. This is not magic or preparation or the wonders of Ned Yost. It is baseball. We didn't make the plays but 9/10 we make those plays. We didn't pitch well. But if it takes things like Hardy making a poor throw every game and O'Day blowing up for them to win against us, I really like our chances. And I think we will probably hit a home run or two (unlike game 1). You can think sometimes that the car you are driving is just smoothly purring right along, then, all of a sudden, those same cylinders just grind up and the engine falls out. Welcome to Game 2!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2014, 07:00 PM

That's pretty much complete bullshit. They are taking good ABs and pitching well. Combine that with elite defense, otherworldly speed, and a sprinkle of BABIP luck and you've got a damned good baseball team. Attributing it to mystical factors denigrates the performance of the team on the field.

Why Not?
10-11-2014, 07:06 PM

I told her 3pm expecting backlash. "Awesome. Let's get some snacks and watch them beat those ****ers again!"

Dude, this. My wife texted me from out of town to tell me she was watching. And she hates sports

Molitoth
10-11-2014, 07:28 PM
My wife DVR'd the game for me without asking knowing I was helping a friend move. She didn't know I was listening on the radio the whole time. I get home and she says "Cain made an awesome catch!".
I didn't even know she knew who Cain was. apparently she watched the game by herself until I got home in the 8th.

This is awesome!

Last night she rolled over at 3am and asked me who won the game.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-11-2014, 07:33 PM
:toast: To awesome wives! :BLVD:

Zebedee DuBois
10-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Last night she rolled over at 3am and asked me who won the game.

I know this is a baseball thread, but I am still disappointed in the last part of that sentence.

Why Not?
10-11-2014, 07:40 PM

Indeed!

penbrook
10-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Per Andy McCullough

Asked if he expected to return to Baltimore, Jarrod Dyson left no doubt: “No sir, I don’t. And I don’t think they think that, either.”

Prison Bitch
10-11-2014, 07:48 PM
The Royals won 89 games (and cut through the NL like soft butter) despite getting 0 WAR from their DH, 1B, 3B. That's truly astounding and shows how damn good the rest of the team was top to bottom.

Now, suddenly, they're getting it from those 3. And look what's happening.

My wife even texted me to say Go Royals. She hates sports

Bob Dole
How confident are the asshats now?

Peckerwoods.

cosmo20002
10-11-2014, 08:21 PM

JFC...
This post threatens to ruin the entire season.

gblowfish
10-11-2014, 08:25 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7s110o3XzYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts
10-11-2014, 08:26 PM
What a great spot to be in. They're in everyone else's head right now. Anything is possible.

threebag
10-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Loving it. Too bad it couldn't have happened during the Matt Cassel years.

lcarus
10-11-2014, 08:31 PM
I normally don't believe in things like karma, magic, destiny, etc. But I gotta admit there is something magical feeling about this Royals season. Realistically though, it's just confidence and the fact that they're loose and battle tested. That Oakland WC comeback really gave this team the feeling that they're destined to go all the way and they'll be damned if anyone is gonna stop them. It's obviously not magic or destiny, but it's just a good "feeling" ya know what I mean?

And I really do have a sense that it's gonna be KC vs STL in the World Series ala 1985.

RealSNR
10-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Holy fucking shit. That board. Homers. 95% of that board are fucking true fan homer dildo-sucking morons. I know people get down about how negative Chiefs Planet is at times, but I'll take our cynicism if it leads to even a halfway realistic assessment of reality.

RealSNR
10-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Quality read:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144674-Dyson-Said-He-Doesn-t-Expect-Series-To-Return-To-Baltimore

DanT
10-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Per Andy McCullough

Asked if he expected to return to Baltimore, Jarrod Dyson left no doubt: “No sir, I don’t. And I don’t think they think that, either.”

Mr. Dyson's confidence is a big plus for him, one of the traits that makes him a successful big leaguer. I like that he is confident enough to think that and candid enough to say that!

Why Not?
10-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Holy ****ing shit. That board. Homers. 95% of that board are ****ing true fan homer dildo-sucking morons. I know people get down about how negative Chiefs Planet is at times, but I'll take our cynicism if it leads to even a halfway realistic assessment of reality.

That board is some of the most delusional nonsense I have read in a while

bsroyals54
10-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Quality read:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144674-Dyson-Said-He-Doesn-t-Expect-Series-To-Return-To-Baltimore

Oh god, thanks for linking this, I never give rep but you earned it

10-11-2014, 09:18 PM
My favorite post....

Pressure? Do they feel pressure? Normal humans feel pressure....not sure about this bunch.

bsroyals54
10-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Thank god for our bullpen full of cyborgs, we put out 1 cyborg after another! He's kind of right though, our bullpen is jush nashty farmah jush nashtay

Dunerdr
10-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Quality read:

The guys in full melt down are great. Fuck those ass hats using reason and logic tho.

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Quality read:

I thoroughly enjoyed this one:

What shred of evidence have any of us seen that would indicate he is wrong? Seriously? Unless you score 10 runs on one of their starters, what chance do you have? They roll out one cyborg after another from the pen. Their 9 hitter is better than most teams' 5 hitter. Nothing but speed all over the place. They decide they need to score in an inning and like magic, they score. We have not had the lead once. How many innings have we gotten them 1-2-3? One inning? They have zero injured players.

I love our guys and I am so appreciative of the season they had, but I have never seen an opponent where I literally feel powerless watching.

TribalElder
10-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Quality read:

What evidence have any of us seen that would indicate he is wrong? Seriously? Unless you score 10 runs on one of their starters, what chance do you have? They roll out one cyborg after another from the pen. Their 9 hitter is better than most teams' 5 hitter. Nothing but speed all over the place. They decide they need to score in an inning and like magic, they score. We have not had the lead once. How many innings have we gotten them 1-2-3? One inning? They have zero injured players.

ROFL

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-11-2014, 09:33 PM
YOU ARE BEATEN, IT IS USELESS TO RESIST

Dr. Gigglepants
10-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Quality read:

Was just about to post this. This is the kind of thing this team will feed off. I am personally very happy to see Dyson made these comments publicly. Now the pressure is squarely on the Royals.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100227224111/villains/images/thumb/9/97/Blackknight.png/250px-Blackknight.png

'Tis but a scratch!

That's all I can think of when reading that thread

TribalElder
10-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Too bad I don't have an account there LMAO

Dr. Gigglepants
10-11-2014, 09:41 PM
God I hope we don't win game 3 at home and go up 3-0. Then they'll have us right where they want us.

eDave
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100227224111/villains/images/thumb/9/97/Blackknight.png/250px-Blackknight.png

'Tis but a scratch!

That's all I can think of when reading that thread

That one made me giggle too Mr. Gigglepants.

Coach
Love our cyborg relievers.

BillSelfsTrophycase
10-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Love our cyborg relievers.

Clay is needed here

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PAswVl_KZVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bsroyals54
10-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Now we need a photoshopped terminator / wade davis hybrid, someone make it happen!

Chiefshrink
10-11-2014, 09:57 PM
That's pretty much complete bullshit. They are taking good ABs and pitching well. Combine that with elite defense, otherworldly speed, and a sprinkle of BABIP luck and you've got a damned good baseball team. Attributing it to mystical factors denigrates the performance of the team on the field.

Who said anything mystical ? All this talent is finally coming to a consistent fruition of winning 'when it counts' because they have graduated from 'pissing on their own cleats" to a "take no prisoners approach" type attitude to every game regardless of their circumstances since the wild card game. This is how champions play when they see themselves as the best on the field.

As a man thinketh so IS HE !

Something mystical about that ?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Who said anything mystical ? All this talent is finally coming to a consistent fruition of winning 'when it counts' because they have graduated from 'pissing on their own cleats" to a "take no prisoners approach" type attitude to every game regardless of their circumstances since the wild card game. This is how champions play when they see themselves as the best on the field.

That's completely narrative-driven bullshit. A team doesn't hit eight homers in six games because they decided to flip a switch. If it was that easy they would have done it when fighting for their playoff lives in September instead of finishing 10 behind the next lowest team.

You're narrativizing a reason to explain something which is best explained through analytics.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Destiny is a powerful farce.

Sully
10-11-2014, 10:18 PM

"this" 'post'
...is...
"Really dumb," and 'shows'/a lack of 'real' sports "experience."

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-11-2014, 10:19 PM
God I hope we don't win game 3 at home and go up 3-0. Then they'll have us right where they want us.

LMAO

Chiefshrink
10-11-2014, 10:24 PM
If it was that easy they would have done it when fighting for their playoff lives in September instead of finishing 10 behind the next lowest team.

Not if you see yourself and your team as "chokers" when it counted most and proved it to yourself 'once again' coming down the stretch ('to your point') and especially being down 7-3 in the wildcard game and very easily could have gone the same way but it didn't. When they came back and won against Oakland their whole paradigm of dysfunctional thinking about themselves individually and collectively as team in clutch games to be won 'changed dramatically'. They showed themselves they were no longer anyone's bitch any longer and can play with anyone. And when that happens " a flip of the switch' mentally can happen immediately. And their play is ample evidence of that flipped switch since Oakland. Talent has always been there and it only gets better !!

The mind is a powerful thing Hamas. Just ask 1980 Hockey team, Valvano's 83 team and on and on to the present. There are many examples of the 'mental flipped switch' to greatness. Royals are just now realizing their greatness when it has been there all along.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Not if you see yourself and your team as "chokers" when it counted most and proved it to yourself 'once again' coming down the stretch ('to your point') and especially being down 7-3 in the wildcard game and very easily could have gone the same way but it didn't. When they came back and won against Oakland their whole paradigm of dysfunctional thinking about themselves individually and collectively as team in clutch games to be won 'changed dramatically'. They showed themselves they were no longer anyone's bitch any longer and can play with anyone. And when that happens " a flip of the switch' mentally can happen immediately. And their play is ample evidence of that flipped switch since Oakland. Talent has always been there and it only gets better !!

The mind is a powerful thing Hamas. Just ask 1980 Hockey team, Valvano's 83 team and on and on to the present. There are many examples of the 'mental flipped switch' to greatness. Royals are just now realizing their greatness when it has been there all along.

Mental switch flipped to greatness is a lot more flowery to consider than batted ball randomness.

It's also bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-11-2014, 10:29 PM

Man you need to just stop with that shit. Right now. Please.

RealSNR
10-11-2014, 10:31 PM

Which institution in its right mind gave you the ability to practice psychological medicine?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Which institution in its right mind gave you the ability to practice psychological medicine?

???

http://i.imgur.com/2ejKJwn.jpg

Mosbonian
10-11-2014, 10:45 PM

Absolutely....mine has watched the games with me. She is just as big a fan as I am.

For today's game she fixed me my favorite dish to watch the Royals....home made Lasagna with garlic bread.

She yells at the TV more than I do....

J Diddy
10-11-2014, 11:17 PM
The guys in full melt down are great. **** those ass hats using reason and logic tho.

What shred of evidence have any of us seen that would indicate he is wrong? Seriously? Unless you score 10 runs on one of their starters, what chance do you have? They roll out one cyborg after another from the pen. Their 9 hitter is better than most teams' 5 hitter. Nothing but speed all over the place. They decide they need to score in an inning and like magic, they score. We have not had the lead once. How many innings have we gotten them 1-2-3? One inning? They have zero injured players.

I love our guys and I am so appreciative of the season they had, but I have never seen an opponent where I literally feel powerless watching.

This is so awesome!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-11-2014, 11:21 PM
This is so awesome!

Feels gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood, don't it? :evil:

Imon Yourside
10-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Being a baseball stat geek guy and looking at our teams numbers...the starting pitching is good, the bullpen is incredible but the rest of the team shouldn't be doing what we're doing. I love it. I have a guy from New York working for me and he hates it. What we're doing is nothing short of amazing and it's really perplexing pretty much everyone outside of us KC fans. I just have to say after suffering through so many years of being the butt of all the jokes, I AM REALLY ENJOYING THIS! :P

suzzer99
10-11-2014, 11:39 PM

Most likely he's a mental patient who thinks he's a doctor, and they just indulge him.

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 11:44 PM
First time Ive seen someone in a turtle neck in 10+ years.

When it's a royal blue turtleneck, it's called a dick houser.

Baby Lee
10-11-2014, 11:51 PM

Does anyone else read SS's posts in this voice?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bGp35rnGQog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

milkman
10-12-2014, 05:34 AM
Does anyone else read SS's posts in this voice?

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bGp35rnGQog" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

No.

Lucy Van Pelt.

Simply Red
10-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Malike was realistic about his posting. Not all of them were retarded.

ChiTown
10-12-2014, 07:17 AM
I am so surprised that their superior manager has not willed them into better opportunities and helped them achieve at least ONE WIN at home. I mean, I read that very thing on their Board and this one as well, that a superior manager could absolutely make a difference in this series.......

Yeah, like I said before, it's about ball players doing their thing at this point. If they do, they will win. If they don't, they're called Angels and Orioles.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2014, 07:19 AM
"TheDink" just dinking it up ITT.

SAUTO
10-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Absolutely....mine has watched the games with me. She is just as big a fan as I am.

For today's game she fixed me my favorite dish to watch the Royals....home made Lasagna with garlic bread.

She yells at the TV more than I do....

My whole family has watched the games with me. Well at least until they just couldn't stay up anymore on school nights. Wife hasnt missed a pitch, youngest hasn't either and he isn't even 2yet lol.

Yaaaaaayyyyyy. Booball

Chiefshrink
10-12-2014, 09:30 AM
but the rest of the team shouldn't be doing what we're doing. What we're doing is nothing short of amazing and it's really perplexing pretty much everyone outside of us KC fans.

except for guys like Hamas, 505 Chief, suzzer99, Baby Lee, Sully who sit their waiting for the "axe to fall" in fear of emotionally embracing all this postseason success because in 'their minds' the Royals are still 'chokers' and they don't want their hearts to be ripped out of their chests anymore. So being the cynical 'know it all' fan is emotionally safer. And truth be known it is a window into their psyches of how they see themselves when something good is happening to them personally(a la not deserving of anything good in life because they have been disappointed more often than not in life).

There are those who comfortably roll around in their own mud puddle of life(because it's easier,safe and are not challenged) and stay there. And then there are those who decide they are tired of being dirty and want something faaaaaar better. And our Royals team have decided they don't want to be 'peasants' any longer because now they see themselves as 'King Royals' and are refusing to be the butt of jokes any longer(to your point).

Let's hope that guys like Hamas, 505 Chief, Sully, suzzer99 and Baby Lee begin to see themselves as 'Kings' someday.;)

Baby Lee
10-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Hey! Have you read The Secret?!?!?! It'll totes change your life. . .

FYP

Chiefshrink
10-12-2014, 10:03 AM
FYP

I just got Alinskyed by Baby Lee !!

Come on dude you have to do a better job of lying out of context than that !!!;)

Prison Bitch
10-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Yeah, like I said before, it's about ball players doing their thing at this point. If they do, they will win. If they don't, they're called Angels and Orioles.

Some of us have said that all along, but the vast majority of our fans haven't and they've hated Yost (Yosted!) forever.

splatbass
10-12-2014, 10:54 AM
except for guys like Hamas, 505 Chief, suzzer99, Baby Lee, Sully who sit their waiting for the "axe to fall" in fear of emotionally embracing all this postseason success because in 'their minds' the Royals are still 'chokers' and they don't want their hearts to be ripped out of their chests anymore. So being the cynical 'know it all' fan is emotionally safer.

This may be the first thing you have ever posted that I agree with, though I don't think it really applies as much to Baby Lee, and it does apply to a whole lot more people you didn't mention for both the Royals and the Chiefs. Some of them just can't let themselves enjoy this, which I find very sad.

Sully
10-12-2014, 11:00 AM
This may be the first thing you have ever posted that I agree with, though I don't think it really applies as much to Baby Lee, and it does apply to a whole lot more people you didn't mention for both the Royals and the Chiefs. Some of them just can't let themselves enjoy this, which I find very sad.
Its bullshit, and you shouldn't agree with it.
Just because I think the "shrink" is a fake and completely wrong, doesn't mean I'm not excited as hell about this run. I just think that he's a joke, and I enjoy making fun of him.

Baby Lee
10-12-2014, 11:03 AM

You've already carved a caveat out for me, but I feel constrained to add, that just because we don't think that the Royals are winning now because they finally decided that they 'wanted' to, doesn't mean we aren't enjoying ourselves.

MoF, is sporting championships are merely a 'want to' contest, then most all sports is a fucking ripoff. Hundreds, thousands of games, and only one team decided, and not until late September, that they actually wanted to win? What a waste of time and resources.

It's much more respectful of ALL the teams, while maintaining a healthy edge of respect for the Royals, to take it as given that most ALL professional athletes WANT TO win, but the Royals organization has made the decisions and put in the elbow grease to REALIZE their wants beforehand, so as to be presently prepared.

Like I said, and SS stupidly tried to deny. This want to shit is nothing more than 'The Secret' where all these chicks think they're going to be the next Kim Kardasian because they made a dream board and stared into it longingly every morning instead of going out and actually accomplishing something.

milkman
10-12-2014, 11:10 AM
I just got Alinskyed by Baby Lee !!

Come on dude you have to do a better job of lying out of context than that !!!;)

You have never answered the question that I posed when you first showed up here and started babbling your drivel.

Have any of your patients survived?

Mr. Laz
10-12-2014, 11:17 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzwVjSnCYAATnPw.jpg:large

RealSNR
10-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Wow. Makes me exceptionally glad to post on Chiefs Planet where you don't have people calling for heads just because they're glass half-empty kind of people.

What a bunch of stupid, weak-willed pussies.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144679-The-defeatist-attitude-on-here-is-pretty-lame?p=3669280#post3669280

Agreed. Not that I contribute in any major way to OH, but I normally enjoy the forum immensely. Well, the last two days, I mostly stayed away because of the toxicity Drungo alludes to. By no means do I think we should always abstain from criticism, but some of the recent posts are simply not based on any rational analysis of the facts.

What really puzzles me is that some of the most irrationally negative posters seem to have achieved a certain level of respectability on the forum (as evidenced by their number of greenies) when, post after post, they exhibit so little understanding of the game ("Our bullpen is the worst," "Norris can't pitch," "This is all on Buck," etc., not exact quotes, by the way, but you get my gist--and theirs), and they sometimes even cross the line and venture into trolling territory.

It's obviously not my place to decide whether or not they should be silenced, but I would hope that at the very minimum, other OH members would stop rewarding ignorance and irrationality, and abstain from enhancing any further those posters' respectability.

lewdog
10-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Wow. Makes me exceptionally glad to post on Chiefs Planet where you don't have people calling for heads just because they're glass half-empty kind of people.

What a bunch of stupid, weak-willed pussies.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144679-The-defeatist-attitude-on-here-is-pretty-lame?p=3669280#post3669280

FIRE NED YOST!!!

/CP

FlaChief58
10-12-2014, 04:56 PM
http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144689-What-is-really-bothering-me-about-the-Royals

Comedy gold!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2014, 05:06 PM
except for guys like Hamas, 505 Chief, suzzer99, Baby Lee, Sully who sit their waiting for the "axe to fall" in fear of emotionally embracing all this postseason success because in 'their minds' the Royals are still 'chokers' and they don't want their hearts to be ripped out of their chests anymore. So being the cynical 'know it all' fan is emotionally safer. And truth be known it is a window into their psyches of how they see themselves when something good is happening to them personally(a la not deserving of anything good in life because they have been disappointed more often than not in life).

There are those who comfortably roll around in their own mud puddle of life(because it's easier,safe and are not challenged) and stay there. And then there are those who decide they are tired of being dirty and want something faaaaaar better. And our Royals team have decided they don't want to be 'peasants' any longer because now they see themselves as 'King Royals' and are refusing to be the butt of jokes any longer(to your point).

Let's hope that guys like Hamas, 505 Chief, Sully, suzzer99 and Baby Lee begin to see themselves as 'Kings' someday.;)

Maybe we could get Pawnmower to voice record this post. I'll be it'd be great!

10-12-2014, 05:33 PM
http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144689-What-is-really-bothering-me-about-the-Royals

Comedy gold!

Nice. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 05:41 PM
But...but...we're Baltimore!

Again:

Get the FUCK OUTTA' HERE with that shit.

Prison Bitch
10-12-2014, 05:45 PM
This Ori-Hole has solved the case as to what's happened:

Flops

Flops
(8782)
49 months
PM UserFollow User
22 hours ago

Having kids ruins everything. Royals are young and hungry and this is the most important thing in their life. We have numerous players who got soft after having kids like Wieners, AJ and now Britton. Our only hope was if young douche Machado was playing. I know this sounds like lunatic ranting, but you have to admit there is some truth to it if you think about it. People who have kids love their kids more than anything in the world and especially more than winning a baseball game, and winning a baseball game is all these young bucks in KC care about right now

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/59410/Contents/ALCS-ORIOLES-vs-Royals-31796349?Page=136

lewdog
10-12-2014, 05:46 PM

Flops

Flops
(8782)
49 months
PM UserFollow User
22 hours ago

Having kids ruins everything. Royals are young and hungry and this is the most important thing in their life. We have numerous players who got soft after having kids like Wieners, AJ and now Britton. Our only hope was if young douche Machado was playing. I know this sounds like lunatic ranting, but you have to admit there is some truth to it if you think about it. People who have kids love their kids more than anything in the world and especially more than winning a baseball game, and winning a baseball game is all these young bucks in KC care about right now

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/59410/Contents/ALCS-ORIOLES-vs-Royals-31796349?Page=136

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

ADD ANOTHER TO THE "WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ?" COLUMN.

:facepalm:

Prison Bitch
10-12-2014, 05:47 PM
To that, Lorenzo Cain says "Having a kid this week didn't bother me much"

C3HIEF3S
10-12-2014, 05:48 PM

Flops

Flops
(8782)
49 months
PM UserFollow User
22 hours ago

:LOL:LMAO
There is no fucking way I just read that right.

lewdog
10-12-2014, 05:48 PM
To that, Lorenzo Cain says "Having a kid this week didn't bother me much"

Interesting that Cain and Holland both had kids during this run but continue to play really well. I really was sure that wasn't possible.

Prison Bitch
10-12-2014, 05:54 PM
gmanterps

It's frustrating as all hell that the team between us and a World Series is the Kansas City F-ing Royals of all teams but it is what it is.

SAUTO
10-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Where did the line "David glass, who has sold the team effective after this season" come from?

ChiefsCountry
10-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Where did the line "David glass, who has sold the team effective after this season" come from?

Guess somebody from Baltimore knows the Cerner boys are buying the team.

ChiefsCountry
10-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Flops

Flops
(8782)
49 months
PM UserFollow User
22 hours ago

Other than Moose, Hosmer and Salvy which of our starters don't have kids? They are grasping for straws in Baltimore.

Prison Bitch
10-12-2014, 06:08 PM
And even then, we don't know they don't have kids running around Raytown or Independence somewhere.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:08 PM
gmanterps

It's frustrating as all hell that the team between us and a World Series is the Kansas City F-ing Royals of all teams but it is what it is.

:LOL:LMAO

WHOA! Wait/wut?

Not sure if serious.

SAUTO
10-12-2014, 06:21 PM

Holy fuck if true

SAUTO
10-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Surely we would have heard something

milkman
10-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Who are the Cerner boys?

SAUTO
10-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Who are the Cerner boys?
c. They are fucking loaded and aren't afraid to spend. Cerner group

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Yeah, WTF CC????

Don't you drop a fucking bomb then run off.

Oh wait, your roast....

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:25 PM
c. They are fucking loaded and aren't afraid to spend. Cerner group

ANY CHANCE THEY COULD EXPAND NEXT DOOR AS WELL?!?!?!?

ChiefsCountry
10-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Who are the Cerner boys?

Neal Patterson and Cliff Illig, they founded Cerner and own Sporting KC. Billionaires in Kansas City that have been rumored to buy the team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:27 PM
CERNER NATION!

http://media.tumblr.com/37579093b57e769ef1a3e58c299600ad/tumblr_inline_n4edjqIgaC1qzpq7e.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Neal Patterson and Cliff Illig, they founded Cerner and own Sporting KC. Billionaires in Kansas City that have been rumored to buy the team.

MOTHERFUCK YES!

tk13
10-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Who are the Cerner boys?

They own the soccer team. There have been rumors for at least a couple years now about them buying the Royals.

ChiefsCountry
10-12-2014, 06:28 PM
By the way I have no clue about Cerner buying the team, just making fun of the dipshit Oriole fans.

MTG#10
10-12-2014, 06:48 PM
By the way I have no clue about Cerner buying the team, just making fun of the dipshit Oriole fans.

:cuss:

SAUTO
10-12-2014, 06:49 PM
They make glass look poor

BigMeatballDave
10-12-2014, 06:54 PM
ANY CHANCE THEY COULD EXPAND NEXT DOOR AS WELL?!?!?!?

We couldn't get that lucky.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 07:13 PM
We couldn't get that lucky.

I will dream, damn you.

farmerchief
10-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Neal was born and raised about 10 miles away from where I live. Grew up on a farm. Done quite well for himself since he left, for sure.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Who is Weiners?

BigRock
10-13-2014, 03:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzwVjSnCYAATnPw.jpg:large

^
|
|

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p>This thing, allegedly sent from an Orioles fan, was floating through the Royals clubhouse today. <a href="http://t.co/JzwYEIdk8n">pic.twitter.com/JzwYEIdk8n</a></p>&mdash; Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) <a href="https://twitter.com/rustindodd/status/521774022560727040">October 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Prison Bitch
10-13-2014, 03:52 PM
I thought players and coaches didn't read the media? Didn't pay attention to fan opinion?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2014, 03:53 PM
I thought players and coaches didn't read the media? Didn't pay attention to fan opinion?

I wish everyone involved with the Chiefs read CP.

10-13-2014, 04:22 PM
I wish everyone involved with the Chiefs read CP.

Well, gunther might have.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Well, gunther might have.

LMAO

MahiMike
10-13-2014, 06:57 PM
They call our relievers cyborgs, lol.

sd4chiefs
10-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Another funny post.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144737-Season-on-line-and-that-s-the-best-you-can-do

Royals have to be the luckiest team in history. And the douchiest. This series still isn't over. The Royals are mediocre. And they've won like 9 straight games. They're gonna lose eventually, and probably 2 or 3 in a row. Get this series back to Baltimore and all bets are off.

:LOL:

tredadda
10-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Those clowns are in full meltdown. They refuse to believe that we might be just as good if not better than them. They call our success luck. If we win because of homers it is because of luck, if we get a bloop base hit that scores a run it is luck (even though they have had the same thing happen for them), if we win with small ball it is also luck. They refuse to blame the fact that their failures have more to do with their inability to hit the long ball (from a team that led the league in it) and getting three hit by Jeremy Guthrie as the reasons why they are down 0-3.

lcarus
10-14-2014, 09:32 PM
When I think of fans in Baltimore, I think of this idiot...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0-kCQMDpSVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bob Dole
10-14-2014, 09:34 PM
More gold.

Luckiest buzzsaw I've ever seen in my life. Absolutely unbelievable that they continue to pull horseshoes outta their asses.

lcarus
10-14-2014, 09:36 PM
More gold.

I love sour grapes. LMAO

Hootie
10-14-2014, 09:36 PM
I watched the game. I'll admit, our 1 run was luckier than their 1 run. But our 2nd run? That was legit.

HEY, MR 215 HR TEAM! HIT THE FUCKING BALL AND THEN TALK TO US!

Fuck them.

and...

MORTAL KOMBAT

FINISH HIM!

lcarus
10-14-2014, 09:40 PM
I watched the game. I'll admit, our 1 run was luckier than their 1 run. But our 2nd run? That was legit.

HEY, MR 215 HR TEAM! HIT THE FUCKING BALL AND THEN TALK TO US!

Fuck them.

and...

MORTAL KOMBAT

FINISH HIM!

Lorenzo Cain-o!!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2468911/kano-fatality-o.gif

go bo
10-14-2014, 09:44 PM

this ^

Bob Dole
10-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Ummmm... Better than you at this point.

Not having Matt and Manny is huge, look at the drop off from who fills those spots now. KC isn't this good.

Bob Dole
10-14-2014, 09:49 PM
When KC wins tomorrow, Bob Dole better hear Seven Nation Army from the Blue Nation.

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Whats the Douche O's fans opinion on Guthrie's shirt?

go bo
10-14-2014, 09:54 PM
congratulations to the royals and you diehard royals fans...

you guys and gals deserve this, the cinderella team of all cinderella teams...

an absolutely amazing team in the mold of the old royals of the mid-eighties...

and i'm not even a baseball fan...

Mosbonian
10-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Wow..just wow....that board really does have some people who refuse to acknowledge that they are being beat by the better team.

lcarus
10-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Wow..just wow....that board really does have some people who refuse to acknowledge that they are being beat by the better team.

This team is built for the postseason

stumppy
10-14-2014, 10:00 PM
JR Oriole

What is really bothering me about the Royals
It isn't that we are down 2-0, or even that we have lost painfully in both games. Those things are not good, but I feel like what is really getting at me so much is that this team and fanbase do not deserve this much success this quickly and easily.

I get that they have been left out of the dance for 29 years, but you just aren't supposed to be able to get back and then not lose the rest of the way. How is that fair? You should have to pay your dues first. And dues do not equal zero pressure regular season games only for 29 years.

We as O's fans have absorbed countless awful playoff losses over the last 4 Octobers we have played in. The Red Sox, when they won in 2004, deserved it after all the awful losing they did in prior trips. In fact, most franchises that have won in the playoffs suffered some tough losing first.

And yet the country seems perfectly fine with the Royals winning every game and never feeling one ounce of playoff pain. I get that life isn't fair, but damn this really isn't fair. We deserve this more than they do, plain and simple.

LMAO

It's just not fair .

Mama Hip Rockets
10-14-2014, 10:01 PM

Flops

Flops
(8782)
49 months
PM UserFollow User
22 hours ago

ROFLROFLROFL

Hootie
10-14-2014, 10:01 PM
these fucking idiots

you know they didn't have Matt or Manny for much of the year

and not only that...

Manny was fucking terrible, Moose terrible, at the plate this year.

Idiots.

BigRedChief
10-14-2014, 10:04 PM
JR Oriole

It's just not fair .No its not. The Royals don't "deserve" shit. They have "earned" everything that they have won so far, they have "earned" the right to bask in the glow of 29 years of frustration melting away into a glorious feeling somewhere down in the core of their fandome. They haven't got lucky, cheated etc. just "earned".

okcchief
10-14-2014, 10:05 PM
JR Oriole

What is really bothering me about the Royals
It isn't that we are down 2-0, or even that we have lost painfully in both games. Those things are not good, but I feel like what is really getting at me so much is that this team and fanbase do not deserve this much success this quickly and easily.

I get that they have been left out of the dance for 29 years, but you just aren't supposed to be able to get back and then not lose the rest of the way. How is that fair? You should have to pay your dues first. And dues do not equal zero pressure regular season games only for 29 years.

We as O's fans have absorbed countless awful playoff losses over the last 4 Octobers we have played in. The Red Sox, when they won in 2004, deserved it after all the awful losing they did in prior trips. In fact, most franchises that have won in the playoffs suffered some tough losing first.

And yet the country seems perfectly fine with the Royals winning every game and never feeling one ounce of playoff pain. I get that life isn't fair, but damn this really isn't fair. We deserve this more than they do, plain and simple.

LMAO

It's just not fair .
This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. He's acting like Championships are promotions or something. Must be a dumb naive kid. Life isn't fair kid. Bite on this pencil and take it.

okcchief
10-14-2014, 10:08 PM
BTW it's so nice to hear another team's fan feels powerless against a KC team in the playoffs. That's how I've felt for most of my life.

Buehler445
10-14-2014, 10:11 PM
That motherfucking cocksucking cum bubble from a fat lesbo clusterfuck that said it isn't fair can go motherfucking fuck himself.

He obviously knows nothing about Chiefs/Royals organization.

Fuck him.

Gonzo
10-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Waaaambulace coming to Baltimore. What a fucking bitch. Don't "deserve" it? Fuck you. This fan base deserves it more than any other.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/14/6980301/jeremy-guthrie-royals-orioles-alcs-chris-brown-THESE-OS-AINT-ROYAL

stumppy
10-14-2014, 10:12 PM
BTW it's so nice to hear another team's fan feels powerless against a KC team in the playoffs. That's how I've felt for most of my life.

But..but....you haven't paid your dues yet....and 29 straight losing seasons doesn't count.

Hootie
10-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Waaaambulace coming to Baltimore. What a ****ing bitch. Don't "deserve" it? **** you. This fan base deserves it more than any other.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/14/6980301/jeremy-guthrie-royals-orioles-alcs-chris-brown-THESE-OS-AINT-ROYAL

at least we're 'chiefsplanet' and they haven't invaded our forum

fuck 'em

who cares

we'd probably be in a 'whoa is me' state of mind if we were down 3-0

but we're not!

and!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

stumppy
10-14-2014, 10:13 PM
I think JR Oriole posted the stupidest thing I have ever read on the internet.

Hammock Parties
10-14-2014, 10:15 PM
This is the only way championships should be won, IMO.

It's more fun when you don't see it coming.

DaFace
10-14-2014, 10:16 PM
When KC wins tomorrow, Bob Dole better hear Seven Nation Army from the Blue Nation.

That would be hilarious.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-14-2014, 10:20 PM
These ho's ain't loyal. I mean, these O's ain't Royal!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-14-2014, 10:21 PM

ROFL Nothing, and I mean NOTHING would be greater...

Baby Lee
10-14-2014, 10:41 PM
I think JR Oriole posted the stupidest thing I have ever read on the internet.

The fucker wrote The Rainbow Bridge?!?!?

Fuck that guy!!!

Prison Bitch
10-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Some dildos in the crowd tried to fire up the "We believe that we will win!" garbage. It went over like a pregnant pole vaulter, they were booed, and it died immediately.

KChiefs1
10-14-2014, 11:39 PM

With us all wearing Guthrie's t-shirt too.

KChiefs1
10-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Waaaambulace coming to Baltimore. What a fucking bitch. Don't "deserve" it? Fuck you. This fan base deserves it more than any other.

I wish I had one of Guthrie's t-shirt to wear around Baltimore.

CoMoChief
10-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Some dildos in the crowd tried to fire up the "We believe that we will win!" garbage. It went over like a pregnant pole vaulter, they were booed, and it died immediately.

probably the same dildos i saw at the bar the other night.

Prison Bitch
10-14-2014, 11:43 PM
What's next? Home of the CHIEEEEEEEEFS!!!!! to open up Game 4 tomorrow?

#patheticDildos

RealSNR
10-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Which one of you vagina-lipped Uncle Toms wrote this piece of trash?

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144723-HHP-I-am-a-Royals-fan-and-I-have-some-things-to-say

ChiTown
10-15-2014, 08:54 AM

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144723-HHP-I-am-a-Royals-fan-and-I-have-some-things-to-say

It was Floppy. He's playing them.

Sorter
10-15-2014, 09:11 AM

That was embarrassing to read.

lcarus
10-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Who gives a shit what Dyson said? He's right. This shit isn't going back to Baltimore.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2014, 09:32 AM
I wish I had one of Guthrie's t-shirt to wear around Baltimore.

Dan Patrick doesn't like it either.

We are getting a big backlash on Dyson's bravado & now Guthrie's t-shirt.

You'd be too worried about backlash and Dan Patrick to wear that shirt.

Sorter
10-15-2014, 09:39 AM
You'd be too worried about backlash and Dan Patrick to wear that shirt.

ROFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-15-2014, 12:30 PM

That made me sick.

ARROW2
10-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Fuck Dan Patrick..........We don't love them O's.......

ping2000
10-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Colin Cowheard is worse. What a prick.

ARROW2
10-15-2014, 12:59 PM
Colin Cowheard is worse. What a prick.

Agreed 1000%

Baby Lee
10-15-2014, 12:59 PM

What kind of shitty bar do you go to with such animus to our fine Naval officer corps?

Mosbonian
10-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Wow....just popped in to see some of the whining going on in Orioles Hangout and it didn't disappoint.

What a bunch of douches...

Baby Lee
10-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Wow....just popped in to see some of the whining going on in Orioles Hangout and it didn't disappoint.

What a bunch of douches...

This has to be one of the best turd polishings I've ever seen

A sweep just means we lost the first 4 of a 7 game series.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-15-2014, 07:05 PM
In the end, most of them seemed fairly civil and supportive once "Crooow" put them in check.