PDA

View Full Version : News All the ****ing clowns at the CDC should be fired...

BigRichard
10-16-2014, 06:37 AM
The level of stupidity...

Second Ebola Nurse Told CDC About Slightly Elevated Temperature Before Flight

The second nurse who has been diagnosed with Ebola told the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention she had a slightly elevated temperature prior to flying to Dallas from Cleveland, Ohio, but wasn't "told she couldn't fly" since she didn't meet the threshold for a fever, a CDC official told ABC News.

Amber Vinson, 29, a nurse at the Dallas hospital where an Ebola patient had died, was identified today as the second health care worker at the hospital to contract the deadly virus. She told the CDC her temperature was 99.5 degrees, which is below the 100.4 reading for a fever.

"She flew into Cleveland to prepare for her wedding. She came in to visit her mother and her mother’s fiance," said Toinette Parrilla, director of Cleveland Department of Public Health.

Vinson stayed at her relatives' home while visiting Ohio and those relatives are employees of Kent State University, the school said in a statement.

"She did not step foot on our campus," Kent State President Beverly Warren said.

The relatives were sent home from the school and asked to monitor themselves for the next 21 days, school officials said.

Vinson went on her trip after being one of the nurses who was very involved with the care for Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, who died of Ebola at the Dallas hospital. She drew his blood, inserted catheters, and dealt with his bodily fluids, according to Duncan's medical records obtained by the Associated Press.

Vinson arrived in Cleveland on Friday Oct. 10 and returned to Dallas on the evening of Monday Oct. 13. She was diagnosed with a fever, which is considered to be the first symptom of the disease, on Tuesday Oct. 14. She was tested and her diagnosis was confirmed late Tuesday.

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention addressed the fact that while she was not ordered into protective custody by the time she traveled, he did suggest that it was a mistake for her to do so.

"Because at that point she was in a group of individuals known to have exposure to Ebola, she should not have traveled on a commercial airline," CDC Director Tom Frieden said today.

The CDC reiterated, however, that they released her flight data out of an abundance of caution since she would not be contagious until she began showing symptoms.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said this morning that she was dealing with her diagnosis "with grit and grace."

Vinson will be transferred from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. Emory successfully treated both missionaries who were the first two Americans to be diagnosed with Ebola, Dr. Kent Brantley and nurse Nancy Writebol. They are also treating a third individual, a World Health Organization worker who has never been identified, who was admitted to Emory on Sept. 9.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-nurse-told-cdc-slightly-elevated-temperature-flight/story?id=26218029

10-16-2014, 06:43 AM
We are all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Lee
10-16-2014, 06:44 AM
We are all goin' ta DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYP

Chiefnj2
10-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Why is it do hard to quarantine everyone who had contact with the original guy when he first presented to the hospital?

Rasputin
10-16-2014, 06:52 AM
The Ebolazombie Apocalypse has started just a matter of time people turn into flesh eating zombies.

Bewbies
10-16-2014, 06:55 AM
Why is it do hard to quarantine everyone who had contact with the original guy when he first presented to the hospital?

Incompetence. Same reason why we won't make sure people coming from west Africa aren't Ebola free before they arrive here.

10-16-2014, 06:56 AM
Wait, the Royals might win a championship and now this? Armageddon!!!!

J Diddy
10-16-2014, 07:03 AM
The Ebolazombie Apocalypse has started just a matter of time people turn into flesh eating zombies.

Thank goodness for all those hours of watching The Walking Dead. I am now certified to survive in the zombie apocalypse.

It's really simple actually. When confronted with a zombie go for the head, trust no one and rape everyone.

stumppy
10-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Thank goodness for all those hours of watching The Walking Dead. I am now certified to survive in the zombie apocalypse.

It's really simple actually. When confronted with a zombie go for the head, trust no one and rape everyone.

Me too, although my plan has more to do after I turn.

I wish Red would start posting on the planet again, cause if I turn I plan on eating her first. After that it's gonna be the slow Zombie walk to the nearest girls dorm at MSU. :drool:

Dayze
10-16-2014, 07:25 AM

Rape everyone.....just for good measure.

J Diddy
10-16-2014, 07:27 AM
Me too, although my plan has more to do after I turn.

I wish Red would start posting on the planet again, cause if I turn I plan on eating her first. After that it's gonna be the slow Zombie walk to the nearest girls dorm at MSU. :drool:

LMAO

I don't know if that would be taken as a compliment. I think I'll use it as a pickup line at a bar---you know, for scientific purpose.

Rausch
10-16-2014, 07:28 AM

Crocadil users + ebloa = zombies...

J Diddy
10-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Crocadil users + ebloa = zombies...

You forgot the secret ingredient: flour.

Rausch
10-16-2014, 07:33 AM

Thanks @$$hole, now the terrorists win...

J Diddy
10-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks @$$hole, now the terrorists win...

LMAO

stumppy
10-16-2014, 07:37 AM
LMAO

I don't know if that would be taken as a compliment. I think I'll use it as a pickup line at a bar---you know, for scientific purpose.

It is a pretty sweet pick up line.

"I just want you to know if I ever turn into a Zombie I'd like to eat you first"

:thumb:

KC_Lee
10-16-2014, 07:39 AM
So basically....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/idYAcnQhobI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlackHelicopters
10-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Thanks Bin Laden

J Diddy
10-16-2014, 07:42 AM
It is a pretty sweet pick up line.

"I just want you to know if I ever turn into a Zombie I'd like to eat you first"

:thumb:

I will try 2 versions ten times a piece and see what I get.

The first will be just the line and the second will be the line plus the fava beans liver line from Silence of the Lambs.

RaiderH8r
10-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Reminded me of this (NSFW Language):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p4FHpJ4Ri8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love that show.

Lonewolf Ed
10-16-2014, 07:50 AM

Look at the flours... LMAO

Baby Lee
10-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Reminded me of this (NSFW Language):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p4FHpJ4Ri8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love that show.

That show really should be a mandated multiple watch show. The main storylines are so strong, your're laughing your ass off and breeze right by little side stories or ad libs that are just as funny or funnier. Some episodes you could watch 4-5 times and laugh at completely different things each time.

Reerun_KC
10-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Wait, the Royals might win a championship and now this? Armageddon!!!!
Well the chiefs have been and still are a cum dumpster NFL franchise. So its not the end of the world yet.

ping2000
10-16-2014, 08:08 AM
So do the Royals have to play the series in Hazmat suits now? Will they say "Ebola's not Royal"?

J Diddy
10-16-2014, 08:09 AM
So do the Royals have to play the series in Hazmat suits now? Will they say "Ebola's not Royal"?

These Ebolas ain't Royal.

scho63
10-16-2014, 09:01 AM
They work for the government so I'm sure they will be PROMOTED since they screwed up! :banghead:

Mr. Laz
10-16-2014, 09:02 AM
Director of the CDC should definitely be gone.

Jimmya
10-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Screwed the pooch big time with this one!

Rausch
10-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Director of the CDC should definitely be gone.

Is it just me or did he just come out and say we should be doing exactly what we haven't been doing?...

RaiderH8r
10-16-2014, 01:08 PM
That show really should be a mandated multiple watch show. The main storylines are so strong, your're laughing your ass off and breeze right by little side stories or ad libs that are just as funny or funnier. Some episodes you could watch 4-5 times and laugh at completely different things each time.

It's like Spinal Tap in the sense that if you've lived and worked in the federal gov't you see that this show actual hits pretty close to true on a lot of these situations. And, yes, that is disturbing.

Eleazar
10-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Just calm down. Obama told us it's extremely unlikely it will ever reach US shores. And that it's unlikely to spread.

Just Passin' By
10-16-2014, 01:54 PM
We are all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are all gonna DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FYP

So no need to say something like "Should have refused all air travel from Africa and all passengers who'd been to Africa."?

Mr. Laz
10-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Is it just me or did he just come out and say we should be doing exactly what we haven't been doing?...I don't think took it seriously at all at first.

like several people around here, they just thought it could never happen here

His job is to assume the worst and prepare for it.

He sucks and should be replaced asap.

Baby Lee
10-16-2014, 02:06 PM
So no need to say something like "Should have refused all air travel from Africa and all passengers who'd been to Africa."?

Apparently only ditzy blondes like Elizabeth Hasselback spew such tripe.

And FTR, the post you quoted me on referenced on that this thread should be diverted to WDCatHL.

Just Passin' By
10-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Apparently only ditzy blondes like Elizabeth Hasselback spew such tripe.

And FTR, the post you quoted me on referenced on that this thread should be diverted to WDCatHL.

My misunderstanding. I feel shame. :huh:

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2014, 02:10 PM
The CDC and the FDA are a joke. Completely corrupt and incompetent only begin to describe these organizations.