PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Impressive Road Win.

Al Bundy
10-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Congrats Chiefs.

-King-
10-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Team is just a couple plays from 5-1 but I can't complain.

Ceej
10-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Can't way to read InMeN58's solid feedback.

rockymtnchief
10-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Damn, I'm tired from yelling at the KC receivers. Good game!

Easy 6
10-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Haters can suck it.

Suck it long.
Suck it hard.
Suck it good.

Deberg_1990
This team plays very well on the road under Reid.

Wallcrawler
Smashmouth is our identity. Feed the backs, destroy the clock, and let the defense make a few stops.

milkman
10-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Thatis just about the most depressing win ever.

Strongside
10-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Just run the ball, eat the clock, win the game. Simple.

-King-
10-19-2014, 05:16 PM

I enjoyed it. We brought our C game and came out with a win against a tough team. I'll take that any day.

sd4chiefs
10-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Haters can suck it.

Suck it long.
Suck it hard.
Suck it good.

And so can the Chargers and their fans. nlm

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Haters can suck it.

Suck it long.
Suck it hard.
Suck it good.

.500!

The homer holy grail!

GoShox

Yeah, I just hate beating hot 5-1 teams on their home field, don't you?

Trivers

Seriously dude? Seriously?

ArrowheadHawk
Love it.

milkman
I enjoyed it. We brought our C game and came out with a win against a tough team. I'll take that any day.

No, we didn't bring our C game.

You don't dominate in TOP like that with your C game.

jd1020
10-19-2014, 05:18 PM

Just as long as defenses keep making stupid penalties that allow these 9 min 3 point drive alive we should be golden.

ChiefsChoke010414
We just got past the toughest part of our schedule. Everyone thought we'd have a worse record at this point.

Looking at our schedule, we have much easier games now. Yes, it's the NFL and anyone can lay an egg, but I like our chances the next few weeks against the Rams and Jets.

Easy 6
And so can the Chargers and their fans. nlm

Heh, you can talk some big shit at work tomorrow.

MTG#10
.500!

The homer holy grail!

Oh fuck off, we beat them on their field for the first time in 7 years! Now we have two very winnable home games in a row, wont be .500 for long.

-King-
10-19-2014, 05:19 PM
No, we didn't bring our C game.

You don't dominate in TOP like that with your C game.

And you don't drop the ball and make the stupid mistakes we made if you're not on your C game.

Do you really think we played our A game? The same game we played against the Pats?

milkman
Seriously dude? Seriously?

Seriously.

TOP, 3rd down conversions, defense.

This should have been a 2 TD win, and we came away with a nervous, last second win.

-King-
Just as long as defenses keep making stupid penalties that allow these 9 min 3 point drive alive we should be golden.

Same can be said for SD.

milkman
And you don't drop the ball and make the stupid mistakes we made if you're not on your C game.

Do you really think we played our A game? The same game we played against the Pats?

3 drops.

That is our B game.

Easy 6
.500!

The homer holy grail!

We won, you lost, suck on it.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Seriously.

This should have been a 2 TD win, and we came away with a nervous, last second win.

Never apologize for a win. A win is a win no matter how it's accomplished.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 05:20 PM
We won, you lost, suck on it.

Proven wrong! The Chiefs are .500!

Wallcrawler
10-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Seriously.

Yeah, because wins by 2 TDs count as 2 wins instead of just the one.

If you cant be happy about this win, its time to watch a different sport. My entire party at the house nearly blew the fucking roof off when Santos hit the FG for the lead.

Some people always gotta iceskate uphill I guess.

MTG#10
10-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Yeah, because wins by 2 TDs count as 2 wins instead of just the one.

If you cant be happy about this win, its time to watch a different sport. My entire party at the house nearly blew the fucking roof off when Santos hit the FG for the lead.

Some people always gotta iceskate uphill I guess.

This. Feels good.

Wallcrawler
10-19-2014, 05:23 PM

Yeah, like the Chargers didn't benefit from the worst fucking PI call this season on the drive to tie.

Shit works both ways, but you just keep on cherry picking the bad things out of a win and enjoy rotting in your pissed off world.

RINGLEADER
10-19-2014, 05:24 PM
By end of tonight our opponents will be a combined 24-16 or .667. Not sure if we have faced the hardest schedule so far but the only game we got blown out in was an obvious outlier.

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Oh yeah, fuck all of the "fans" who rooted for the team to lose big against the Chargers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2014, 05:26 PM
They're probably a better than even money bet to make the playoffs at this point.

It's a weird year. I have no idea who is good in the NFL. None. I don't think anyone else does, either.

jd1020
10-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah, like the Chargers didn't benefit from the worst ****ing PI call this season on the drive to tie.

Shit works both ways, but you just keep on cherry picking the bad things out of a win and enjoy rotting in your pissed off world.

I don't believe that PI happened on 3rd down.

I don't think it gets any dumber than drilling a QB with the crown of your helmet a good 2 seconds after he released the ball.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not pissed one bit. I'm indifferent. Good win, but playing the control the clock game isn't going to win you 4 playoff games.

cdcox
10-19-2014, 05:27 PM

This. We could have easily lost this game due to dropped passes, in opportune penalties, lack of clutch QB play, squandering time outs, and taking too conservative of an approach at times when the game was for the taking. The team hasn't learned its lessons and there is pain headed our way, despite the fact that we had a good outcome today.

OldSchool

And looks like Smith led a game winning drive. Eat shit Zarth. ROFL

milkman
Every fucking one of you are fucking morons.

That win was far from impressive.

We aren't going to get away with this kind of stupid shit often.

Today was one of the exceptions.

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 05:28 PM
This. We could have easily lost this game due to dropped passes, in opportune penalties, lack of clutch QB play, squandering time outs, and taking too conservative of an approach at times when the game was for the taking. The team hasn't learned its lessons and there is pain headed our way, despite the fact that we had a good outcome today.

Lack of a QB who can lead a game winning drive, oh wait.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Impressed we won with Dog shit wr's and Reid...

Very IMPRESSED!!!

cdcox
10-19-2014, 05:29 PM
The question is, have we found a formula for consistently winning games where we are outplaying the other team? Today's formula for winning won't win big games against tough opponents on a consistent basis.

-King-
10-19-2014, 05:30 PM

Say it with me...

"C.......GAME"

Look around the league. It's not like "good teams" are winning by multiple touchdowns each week.

Wallcrawler

Damn, and only the impressive wins count? Shit. San Diego still 6-1 after we scored more points?

Rigged.

milkman

I don't think it gets any dumber than drilling a QB with the crown of your helmet a good 2 seconds after he released the ball.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not pissed one bit. I'm indifferent. Good win, but playing the control the clock game isn't going to win you 4 playoff games.

I disagree with that last sentence.

You just have to finish drives.

That's what pisses me off about this win.

Easy 6

OH YEAH!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0yPJVb5ZAL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsChoke010414
10-19-2014, 05:31 PM
The question is, have we found a formula for consistently winning games where we are outplaying the other team? Today's formula for winning won't win big games against tough opponents on a consistent basis.

We did find a formula. Run the damn ball more.

If we followed this formula against Denver and SF, I feel like we would have won both of those games too.

Saccopoo

https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/video/video.snl.com/SNL_1376_03_Debbie_Downer.png

OldSchool
Two huge 3rd down drops cost us at least 6 points. The Bowe drop and the Hemmingway drop. That's why the win wasn't bigger.

jd1020

I think not finishing drives comes hand in hand with playing the dink and dunk game 24/7.

milkman
Say it with me...

"C.......GAME"

Look around the league. It's not like "good teams" are winning by multiple touchdowns each week.

It was not a C game no matter how many times you say it.

Couple of mental errors, 3 drops, and Andy Reid being Andy Reid.

We fucking dominated, and once again, you don't dominate with your C game, ever.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2014, 05:32 PM

Classic Reid game... Cant finish...

cdcox
10-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Lack of a QB who can lead a game winning drive, oh wait.

A. The drive before.

B. We limped into a career-long FG by a shaky kicker. Not a formula for long term success. Smith is decent, but he is what he is.

Easy 6
https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/video/video.snl.com/SNL_1376_03_Debbie_Downer.png

We should win every road game by atleast 14 points.

vailpass
Broncos say thank you...

Saccopoo
I think not finishing drives comes hand in hand with playing the dink and dunk game 24/7.

Boo fucking hoo.

They just beat what most considered a top three team with the guy leading the MVP race at this point on the road.

Eat a bag of dicks you mopey mother fucker.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2014, 05:34 PM
A. The drive before.

B. We limped into a career-long FG by a shaky kicker. Not a formula for long term success. Smith is decent, but he is what he is.

Yep he is an extension of Reid on the field....

Not a winning formula....

milkman
Damn, and only the impressive wins count? Shit. San Diego still 6-1 after we scored more points?

Rigged.

Sorry thatthe idea of winning a game with a last second FG is not an impressive win, is such a hard concept to understand.

A win is a win.

But this team has to learn to finish drives, or they are going to pay for it.

Fritz88
Oh **** off, we beat them on their field for the first time in 7 years! Now we have two very winnable home games in a row, wont be .500 for long.

Not really.

Next two games are not as hard as the previous 5, but will be challenging enough. I would not be surprised if we came 1-1 out of them.

mikey23545
Seriously.

.500!

The homer holy grail!

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/2792/rn9pUz.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/eyrn9pUzg)

LMAO

cdcox
We did find a formula. Run the damn ball more.

If we followed this formula against Denver and SF, I feel like we would have won both of those games too.

We did follow this formula. The outcome was different so you think the formula was different.

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 05:36 PM

If the WRs could stop dropping passes the team would be in good shape.

Wallcrawler
Sorry thatthe idea of winning a game with a last second FG is not an impressive win, is such a hard concept to understand.

A win is a win.

But this team has to learn to finish drives, or they are going to pay for it.

Bum, Bum, Bummmmmmmm!!!

/sheer terror.

OldSchool
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/2792/rn9pUz.gif (https://imageshack.com/i/eyrn9pUzg)

LMAO

ROFL Perfect.

O.city
Any division win on the road is a good win. Winning in the NFL is hard, so I'll take it.

jd1020
10-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Boo ****ing hoo.

They just beat what most considered a top three team with the guy leading the MVP race at this point on the road.

Eat a bag of dicks you mopey mother ****er.

Congrats to them.

Let me know when that level of play gets them a ring after 45 years of failure.

ChiefsChoke010414
10-19-2014, 05:37 PM
We did follow this formula. The outcome was different so you think the formula was different.

No we didn't. Reid himself admitted we didn't run the ball enough in SF. Hot weather day and Charles ended up with 15 carries for 80 yards. Knile Davis didn't have a lot of carries in that game. In turn, the 49'ers pounded the ball down our throats.

Against Denver, we had 4 possessions in the red zone. We scored two touchdowns, both from rushing plays. The other two times we were in the red zone, we didn't score a touchdown, because we only ran the ball twice on like 8 plays.

Reid hasn't followed the running formula like he did today. I wasn't just basing it on outcome.

O.city
10-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Lots of mental errors though.

It's encouraging though that even with all that they still beat an above average team on the road.

Baby steps

cdcox
10-19-2014, 05:42 PM
If the WRs could stop dropping passes the team would be in good shape.

That would be a good step.

Jenkins not stepping OOB for no reason.

Hudson not holding on a play that was going away from him.

Smith taking a calculated risk on an open receiver that could win the game vs. being too conservative and leaving us in a 50/50 proposition.

Trivers
10-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Every ****ing one of you are ****ing morons.

Sooooo. you are the SMART one and we all are morons?

Right.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 05:43 PM
It was a very impressive win against a likely playoff time. It's a step in the right direction.

milkman
10-19-2014, 05:45 PM
Sooooo. you are the SMART one and we all are morons?

That about sums it up, yes.

FringeNC
10-19-2014, 05:45 PM

What team does beat tough opponents on the road on a consistent basis? Answer: None. With all the pessimistic talk before the season and then the injuries, I'd think everyone around here would be ecstatic. We're not great, but how many teams out there have played better than we have the last five games?

Bearcat
10-19-2014, 05:46 PM
That about sums it up, yes.

LMAO

KCwolf
10-19-2014, 05:46 PM
.500!

The homer holy grail!

U R KING DOUCHE ......... please leave ... and Geno is the worst QB to EVER set foot on an NFL field. BYE .. BYE ... BYE ....

cdcox
10-19-2014, 05:47 PM
No we didn't. Reid himself admitted we didn't run the ball enough in SF. Hot weather day and Charles ended up with 15 carries for 80 yards. Knile Davis didn't have a lot of carries in that game. In turn, the 49'ers pounded the ball down our throats.

Against Denver, we had 4 possessions in the red zone. We scored two touchdowns, both from rushing plays. The other two times we were in the red zone, we didn't score a touchdown, because we only ran the ball twice on like 8 plays.

Reid hasn't followed the running formula like he did today. I wasn't just basing it on outcome.

Yeah and two critical drives ended today with running on 1st and 2nd down and one of our scoring plays was on a pass. Running more isn't a panacea.

Easy 6
10-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Smith taking a calculated risk on an open receiver that could win the game vs. being too conservative and leaving us in a 50/50 proposition.

That was terrible, I was nodding right along with Wilcotts while he was pointing it out... gotta take that shot.

jd1020
10-19-2014, 05:49 PM
and one of our scoring plays was on a pass.

Only technically.

cdcox
10-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Only technically.

That is true for 80% of our passes. LMAO

Wallcrawler
Yeah and two critical drives ended today with running on 1st and 2nd down and one of our scoring plays was on a pass. Running more isn't a panacea.

Reid is so fast to completely abandon the run, that it almost has to be this way. I was shocked to see how many rushes we had, and also the pathetic stat number that 19 carries for Charles was the most this season for him. He should be getting 20-25 easily each game.

As long as Reid does not ignore our backs completely, we have a chance to beat any team in the league with that ability to control the time of possession.

If our fucking wide receivers could catch the fucking ball, that would be great also.

Ceej
LMAO at the whiny bitches.

RealSNR
10-19-2014, 05:58 PM
This is the first quality win of Alex's Chiefs career.

It wasn't a well-played game by him or the rest of the team, but they pulled it out of their butts on the road against a division opponent who's better than us.

We need many more of those.

-King-
10-19-2014, 06:00 PM
It was not a C game no matter how many times you say it.

Couple of mental errors, 3 drops, and Andy Reid being Andy Reid.

We fucking dominated, and once again, you don't dominate with your C game, ever.

So let's say we played our A game against the Patriots. You think there's no middle ground between how we played against them and how we played today?

RINGLEADER
10-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Pretty simple: If Reid doesn't abandon the run and if our receivers don't bonehead it up then there isn't a team remaining on the schedule that we can't beat. Not one.

milkman
10-19-2014, 06:19 PM
So let's say we played our A game against the Patriots. You think there's no middle ground between how we played against them and how we played today?

Already said B game.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Pretty simple: If Reid doesn't abandon the run and if our receivers don't bonehead it up then there isn't a team remaining on the schedule that we can't beat. Not one.

Inclined to agree. Unfortunately we do have those problems. Getting past the shit WR cluster F is going to cost us a couple games at the very least.

Wallcrawler
10-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Already said B game.

Big fucking deal. Guess what. At the end of the season, when they are tallying wins vs. losses and determining who gets into the playoffs and who doesn't, they don't have some bean counter sitting down and saying well, this win was dominant, this win was sheer luck, this win was gifted by the officials....

None of it fucking matters after the clock hits 0:00.

This is a win. You find a way to win this football game, and move forward.

The Chiefs went into San Diego and took it to a divisional opponent with a QB that is having his knob slobbed by every talking head associated with the sport, and won the football game.

The way some of these comments are going, you would think we lost the fucking game.

One of my favorite lines ever is "Id rather look bad and win, than look awesome and lose."

Winning is what matters. Finding a way to win. By one point, or by forty points, its all the same in the end.

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2014, 06:44 PM
I'll always take a division win, especially in that crack house.

But yeah, lots to clean up.

milkman
10-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Big ****ing deal. Guess what. At the end of the season, when they are tallying wins vs. losses and determining who gets into the playoffs and who doesn't, they don't have some bean counter sitting down and saying well, this win was dominant, this win was sheer luck, this win was gifted by the officials....

None of it ****ing matters after the clock hits 0:00.

This is a win. You find a way to win this football game, and move forward.

The Chiefs went into San Diego and took it to a divisional opponent with a QB that is having his knob slobbed by every talking head associated with the sport, and won the football game.

The way some of these comments are going, you would think we lost the ****ing game.

One of my favorite lines ever is "Id rather look bad and win, than look awesome and lose."

Winning is what matters. Finding a way to win. By one point, or by forty points, its all the same in the end.

I get that a win is a win, but I'm concerned about losing these types of games going forward.

We lost against the 9ers last game when we were dominating TOP in the first half.
They took advantage of our mistakes, and Reid's dumbassery and took control of a game in the second half when we wasted opportinities in the first half like the the ones we wasted today.

O.city
10-19-2014, 06:49 PM
We cleaned up some of that stuff from the 9ers game today. Baby steps

Saccopoo
10-19-2014, 06:53 PM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/E_fSh3InrN8/0.jpg

It's anybody's season.

Wallcrawler
10-19-2014, 07:12 PM
I get that a win is a win, but I'm concerned about losing these types of games going forward.

Nothing you can do about it. Enjoy the wins man.

As they say, if you're constantly looking down the road, you miss the drive.

We lost against the 9ers last game when we were dominating TOP in the first half.

Yeah, we all watched Reid giftwrap that game for Harbaugh and the 49ers. Its done, its over. Reid acknowledged his fuckup, and it seems by his calls in this game he actually did learn.

They took advantage of our mistakes, and Reid's dumbassery and took control of a game in the second half when we wasted opportinities in the first half like the the ones we wasted today.

End result was different this time. This was a W. If you sit and worry about every deficiency this football team has, and not enjoy the wins when we get them, you're never going to have any fun this season. Why watch at all?

Exoter175
10-19-2014, 07:26 PM

I think this just about sums it up perfectly because that's how I feel, but in retrospect, the defense played well, the offense played well, we played well, but we also shot ourselves in the foot frequently. We almost lost this game ourselves, while dominating our opponent.

milkman
10-19-2014, 07:28 PM
I think this just about sums it up perfectly because that's how I feel, but in retrospect, the defense played well, the offense played well, we played well, but we also shot ourselves in the foot frequently. We almost lost this game ourselves, while dominating our opponent.

Your retrospective perspective sums it up perfectly.