PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs defense one of the best in the league

penbrook
10-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Chiefs D is giving up 5th least PPG while facing Rivers, Manning, Brady, Kaepernick. Thats with missing a lot of key players.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Well, it's a little misleading in that we've controlled TOP.

Fat Elvis
10-19-2014, 09:24 PM

Gotta get the other team off the field to control ToP. That said, I argued a couple of years ago that ASmith was the best defensive player on the 49ers because they controlled the clock when he was on the field.

The Bad Guy
10-19-2014, 09:24 PM

Still team football.

If the formula was that simple, everyone would keep it away from those guys.

Kudos to Sutton and guys like Mauga, Parker, Gaines, JMJ and Bailey. Didn't expect much contribution from any of them this year and they have played great football.

cdcox
10-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Top 10 going into today.

Direckshun
10-19-2014, 09:28 PM

The Chargers were 3/10 on third down. This defense is balling on the front seven, and the secondary has managed NOT to completely collapse in the wake of all those injuries.

When we get Cooper, Berry, and Owens back, and this has potential Top 7 defense written all over it.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Still team football.

Kudos to Sutton and guys like Mauga, Parker, Gaines, JMJ and Bailey. Didn't expect much contribution from any of them this year and they have played great football.

Oh for sure.

They've played great

The Bad Guy
10-19-2014, 09:30 PM
The Chargers were 3/10 on third down. This defense is balling on the front seven, and the secondary has managed NOT to completely collapse in the wake of all those injuries.

When we get Cooper, Berry, and Owens back, and this has potential Top 7 defense written all over it.

With how Fleming grew into the role, and Owens coming back, you're probably not going to see Cooper again. Cooper was a healthy scratch on defense.

I'll be real curious to see how we use Berry and Parker together. Parker has been great.

Hootie
10-19-2014, 09:31 PM
I nicknamed Brandon Oliver Thunder Biscuit a few weeks ago.

Feel free to make it go viral

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:32 PM

I dunno man. We need berry to play big when he comes back.

To get to that level, IMO, we need to start generating more turnovers

penbrook
10-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Trade Berry for a WR?

O.city
With how Fleming grew into the role, and Owens coming back, you're probably not going to see Cooper again. Cooper was a healthy scratch on defense.

I'll be real curious to see how we use Berry and Parker together. Parker has been great.

Fleming was ok. I still think cooper has a lot of upside but he's struggling mightily

Direckshun

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Cooper was a HEALTHY scratch?

Wow.

jonzie04
10-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Nice point o city. The numbers are definitely skewed. They're playing really solid right now. I dont think top 5 mainly due to how bad they have been getting gashed against the run. And their lack of turn overs, but they are definitely good enough to keep a solid offense in any game.

On the flip side of the numbers being skewed. I'd bet that makes what Houston and hail have done even more impressive, id like to see a sack vs downs played, or per passing attempt, or something like that from this year. I bet Houston is blowing everyone out of the water

O.city
Trade Berry for a WR?

No.

Get his abilities in the defense and make him play more disciplined

The Bad Guy

Wow.

Played on special teams.

-King-
I miss DJ most of all. He would stop most of the runs down the middle that are killing us. But overall, I'm extremely happy with the defense especially given the injuries.

The Bad Guy
10-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Nice point o city. The numbers are definitely skewed. They're playing really solid right now. I dont think top 5 mainly due to how bad they have been getting gashed against the run. And their lack of turn overs, but they are definitely good enough to keep a solid offense in any game.

On the flip side of the numbers being skewed. I'd bet that makes what Houston and hail have done even more impressive, id like to see a sack vs downs played, or per passing attempt, or something like that from this year. I bet Houston is blowing everyone out of the water

They've been gashed against the run because Mauga and JMJ really aren't run fillers. Mays will really help in that area on first and second down.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:35 PM
I miss DJ most of all. He would stop most of the runs down the middle that are killing us. But overall, I'm extremely happy with the defense especially given the injuries.

Manga and jmj are improving.

DJ is great, but even last year, we weren't great vs th run

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 09:36 PM
You can definitely get to .500 with Alex Smith and a decent defense.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:36 PM
They've been gashed against the run because Mauga and JMJ really aren't run fillers. Mays will really help in that area on first and second down.

Probably, but they're getting better.

jonzie04
10-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Still team football.

Agree I think that's the biggest difference from last year. Those scrap heap secondary guys are all playing well. And magua and jmj did a solid job today.

The Bad Guy
10-19-2014, 09:37 PM

Fuck yourself.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Fuck yourself.

I am happy for you.

Direckshun
Played on special teams.

Holy shit.

We benched a starting corner prior to facing Philip Rivers?

If Fleming works out, you really gotta hand it to Dorsey.

cdcox

Wow.

The three worst defensive plays agains the 9ers were made by:

1. Dee Ford running cluelessly away from the play
2. Cooper slip sliding away part 1
3. Cooper slip sliding away part 2

Guess who didn't play this week? Good to see some accountability.

O.city
The coaching staff is developing the talent and putting them in good positions. That's all you can hope for

Iconic
10-19-2014, 09:39 PM
So when Berry comes back do we move Parker to the slot? Or do we just trot 3 safeties out there?

The Bad Guy
10-19-2014, 09:41 PM
So when Berry comes back do we move Parker to the slot? Or do we just trot 3 safeties out their?

Trot 3 safeties out. Parker's best spot is at safety.

Direckshun
So when Berry comes back do we move Parker to the slot? Or do we just trot 3 safeties out their?

I was sad to see Parker is a free agent at the end of the season.

I hope we can retain him somehow. I never thought I'd type that sentence.

O.city
There's accountability with this staff. Make plays and you get playing time.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Really need Dee Ford to start making more of an impact on defense

jonzie04
10-19-2014, 09:43 PM

That's true, I remember In the preseason they used Mays on run downs and then jmj on pass downs. Hope you're right and Joe really helps out when he comes back.

I thought mauga and jmj did a nice job today though.

Easy 6
10-19-2014, 09:44 PM
The depth is markedly better this year, they sustain all of these injuries last year and we never make to the Indy playoff game.

RunKC
10-19-2014, 09:44 PM
This defense really missed Eric Berry's presence at the LOS today vs the Oliver kid at RB.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Also, on the gates TD, if that's Berry at FS, he probably makes a pick

RunKC
10-19-2014, 09:46 PM

That was a crazy play. I think Parker tried to catch it instead of swat it away.

jonzie04
10-19-2014, 09:46 PM
I know this is about defense, but speaking of benching, was Stephenson in today? Dont think I saw him in there, but I don't watch the line too much. If not I'm kind of surprised he hasn't won his job back from Harris.

Direckshun
10-19-2014, 09:47 PM

Parker got both of his mitts on a Kaepernick pass last week but couldn't reel the pass in.

Berry reels the pass in.

Buehler445
There's accountability with this staff. Make plays and you get playing time.

Why is Fasano still getting snaps?

Direckshun
So since we're talking about it, how did everybody feel about Fleming's play today?

I'll watch the game more carefully either today or tomorrow, but I do remember him getting slaughtered on comeback routes.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:49 PM
So since we're talking about it, how did everybody feel about Fleming's play today?

I'll watch the game more carefully either today or tomorrow, but I do remember him getting slaughtered on comeback routes.

Average. Got best a few times, few good plays, 2 bullshit penalties

O.city

He does his job. Nothing flashy, but ....I dunno

BigCatDaddy
I'm usually the preach patience guy, but it's damn hard watching Benjamin light it up and Ford not doing shit this year.

Hootie
we beat the Chargers, on their turn, and outplayed them in every facet of the game

this wasn't a lucky win

this was literally a game we should have won 9.5 times out of 10

it's safe to say we're a pretty good team

good enough for another 1 and done!!!

Buehler445
10-19-2014, 09:50 PM
I know this is about defense, but speaking of benching, was Stephenson in today? Dont think I saw him in there, but I don't watch the line too much. If not I'm kind of surprised he hasn't won his job back from Harris.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he sucks without roids?

Hootie
10-19-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm usually the preach patience guy, but it's damn hard watching Benjamin light it up and Ford not doing shit this year.

it's not our offense, man

we just don't utilize receivers, often

Bowe is so underutilized that, at this point, he's super underrated

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:51 PM
we beat the Chargers, on their turn, and outplayed them in every facet of the game

this wasn't a lucky win

Probably should have won by 2 scores

Buehler445
10-19-2014, 09:51 PM
He does his job. Nothing flashy, but ....I dunno

Drops passes. Gets penalties. Is slower than ME.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:53 PM
In terms of the wrs, I don't think you can use the they aren't getting open excuse.

I think it's more, smith doesn't know if they'll catch it and he's playing too conservative.

Had Jenkins open on deep balls twice today that we know of. Gotta hit those/take th chance

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 09:53 PM

ROFL You're still saying that after what everyone saw today?

BigCatDaddy
10-19-2014, 09:54 PM

True, very good point. I guess I'm still dreaming of the day where we have a QB that will throw to WR's. It might be years down the road but Benjamin can still be here.

O.city
10-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Bowe had nearly 100 yards receiving today and was an impact player. He had 1 bad drop, as did Hemingway.

Like it's been discussed before, guys drop balls. Smith has to move in from it and keep throwing it

BigCatDaddy
10-19-2014, 09:56 PM
ROFL You're still saying that after what everyone saw today?

He had 1 drop that I remember. Not as crucial as the one Bolden had for SF tonight or as meaningless as the 1 D Thomas had for Denver tonight but he did have 1... yes.

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 09:57 PM
The defense is definitely playing a bit better than I expected. However, still struggle against the run, which I expected.

Gaines was a very welcome surprise today, kind of glad that Owens went down now because we got to see extensively how much Gaines has progressed.

I would place this defense about 16-18th overall right now. While they do manage to get some stops, a lot of the success with preventing scores has to do with the offense just dominating TOP.

I have to raise a glass to Sutton, he's making bland chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Direckshun
10-19-2014, 09:59 PM

this wasn't a lucky win

Oddly enough, we should have spanked the Chargers, not squeaked by. Our WRs really tried to screw us.

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 09:59 PM
He had 1 drop that I remember. Not as crucial as the one Bolden had for SF tonight or as meaningless as the 1 D Thomas had for Denver tonight but he did have 1... yes.

That drop was huge and easily a minimum 10 point swing. He catches that and we're in field goal range and keep moving down the field and burning more clock.

Instead we were forced to punt and Rivers drove down for a TD.

I don't know how you can say that it wasn't a big drop.

BigCatDaddy
10-19-2014, 10:00 PM
The defense is definitely playing a bit better than I expected. However, still struggle against the run, which I expected.

Gaines was a very welcome surprise today, kind of glad that Owens went down now because we got to see extensively how much Gaines has progressed.

I would place this defense about 16-18th overall right now. While they do manage to get some stops, a lot of the success with preventing scores has to do with the offense just dominating TOP.

I have to raise a glass to Sutton, he's making bland chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Right. We can't give the defense too much credit, but that takes away credit from Alice and a possible Alexcuse down the line. You're so fucking transparent :facepalm:

cdcox
10-19-2014, 10:00 PM

We have multi-TE sets, and he is a good blocker so I don't have a problem with him getting snaps. My question is why is he getting so many looks from Alex? He should be way down on the progression, but Smith seem to still consider him some kind of security blanket.

On that third down play, Fasano was like the most blanketed player on the field and sure enough, Alex throws the ball his way.

BigCatDaddy
10-19-2014, 10:01 PM
That drop was huge and easily a minimum 10 point swing. He catches that and we're in field goal range and keep moving down the field and burning more clock.

And you just glossed right over the point about Bolden and Thomas having similar drops tonight LMAO Douche.

MotherfuckerJones
10-19-2014, 10:01 PM
I hope Berry comes back soon. He'll rejuvenate this defense.

O.city
10-19-2014, 10:02 PM

On Bowes drop?

Eleazar
10-19-2014, 10:02 PM
If that wasn't a big drop at nearly the worst possible time I don't know what else would qualify. Perhaps his alligator-arming of that critical sideline pass in the playoff game.

Direckshun
10-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Hemingway's drop was probably the most infuriated I've felt about a drop in at LEAST couple seasons.

There was one year we were playing in Indy against Manning, I believe Haley was our coach. We took it to them all game and Bowe dropped the game winner in the endzone.

I think that's how far back you have to go to find a dropped pass that more enraged me.

O.city
It was a bad drop.

But he also made game saving and game winning catches. Guys drop balls, shit happens. Keep throwing it at them

OldSchool
We have multi-TE sets, and he is a good blocker so I don't have a problem with him getting snaps. My question is why is he getting so many looks from Alex? He should be way down on the progression, but Smith seem to still consider him some kind of security blanket.

On that third down play, Fasano was like the most blanketed player on the field and sure enough, Alex throws the ball his way.

They didn't use Kelce nearly enough in this game. They need to treat him like the Patriots treat Gronk.

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 10:07 PM
On Bowes drop?

Yes, and it was part of the reason why the game ended up being so close. That was a minimum 10 point swing right there to end the half.

I'm glad that Bowe got his shit together after that, but still, I just hate to see that from the one guy who is supposed to be great on this team at the WR position.

Willie Lanier
They didn't use Kelce nearly enough in this game. They need to treat him like the Patriots treat Gronk.

^

J Diddy

Look at it this fasano is an upgrade over duck dynasty and kelce is an upgrade over fasano

Direckshun
10-19-2014, 10:08 PM
They're being too dogmatic with Kelce. Their dogma is to bring players along slowly. Kelce, for as awesome as he is, has only played 6 games so far in his career. Therefore, he's splitting snaps about 60/40 with Fasano.

He should be a premier option by the end of the season.

Direckshun
Yes, and it was part of the reason why the game ended up being so close. That was a minimum 10 point swing right there to end the half.

I'm glad that Bowe got his shit together after that, but still, I just hate to see that from the one guy who is supposed to be great on this team at the WR position.

You're thinking of Hemingway. Hemingway's drop was the critical drop right before the Chargers got the ball back and scored.

cdcox

Alex does best when he spreads the ball. But in 1 TE sets, I'd like Kelce to get 90% of those snaps.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2014, 10:09 PM

This team will have you eating a bug

Iconic
10-19-2014, 10:09 PM

He didn't look very comfortable out there, but I think he earned another shot... To be honest he provided the best play of any outside corner on our roster not named Smith.

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 10:10 PM
You're thinking of Hemingway. Hemingway's drop was the critical drop right before the Chargers got the ball back and scored.

Maybe, I just remember thinking, "How the hell can you drop that? You're an NFL WR getting paid big bucks and now we have to kick it."

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 10:12 PM
I thought Fleming was alright, definitely more aggressive and competitive than Cooper was. Cooper played like he was afraid most of the time, which is why he gave up so many catches every time the ball was thrown to him.

O.city
10-19-2014, 10:12 PM
Maybe, I just remember thinking, "How the hell can you drop that? You're an NFL WR getting paid big bucks and now we have to kick it."

It was Hemingway. He's getting paid like 500k.

Willie Lanier
10-19-2014, 10:13 PM
He didn't look very comfortable out there, but I think he earned another shot... To be honest he provided the best play of any outside corner on our roster not named Smith.

Speaking of Sean smith, he deserves at least an atta boy for how well he's done this season IMO

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 10:16 PM
It was Hemingway. He's getting paid like 500k.

No, I thought that on Bowe's drop. On Hemingway's drop I was like, "How the hell . . . ? Wasn't your strength supposed to be how great your hands were? Shit, now we have to give the ball back to Rivers."

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Speaking of Sean smith, he deserves at least an atta boy for how well he's done this season IMO

Definitely, he looks way more comfortable this year.

BigCatDaddy
10-19-2014, 10:17 PM

That was bad, but Jenkins stepping out might have been a worse play,p just purely on the stupidity of it. Drops happen to every team every game.. stepping out of bounds running down the side line by yourself is a few times in a season bone head play.

Wallcrawler
10-19-2014, 10:41 PM
That was bad, but Jenkins stepping out might have been a worse play,p just purely on the stupidity of it. Drops happen to every team every game.. stepping out of bounds running down the side line by yourself is a few times in a season bone head play.

If the Chiefs fail to score on that drive after that fuckup, it would be all over the highlights. It probably will still make the "Not Top Ten". It is being overlooked because the Chiefs went on to score a touchdown on the same drive, (that play did at least pick up the first down on 3rd down) and later win the football game.

Had they not scored, and lost, this is a fuckup right up there with his muffed punt in the NFC title game.

How do you get loose down the sideline with nobody around, and just step out? You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Baby Lee
10-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Hemingway's drop was probably the most infuriated I've felt about a drop in at LEAST couple seasons.

There was one year we were playing in Indy against Manning, I believe Haley was our coach. We took it to them all game and Bowe dropped the game winner in the endzone.

I think that's how far back you have to go to find a dropped pass that more enraged me.

McCluster running free as a bird last year?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275461/McCluster-drops-pass-late-in-first-half

Chromatic
10-19-2014, 10:48 PM
At least we shouldn't have any trouble handling these guys LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/u31zEhh.jpg

Marcellus
10-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Eat a dick Clay.

Hootie STFU you are an idiot in every sense of the word.

Hootie
10-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Eat a dick Clay.

Hootie STFU you are an idiot in every sense of the word.
Wtffff lol

BigCatDaddy
10-19-2014, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=Chromatic;11032336]At least we shouldn't have any trouble handling these guys LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/u31zEhh.jpg[/QUOTE
They shouldnt have trouble with any team with a rookid QB. The Raiders are just fucking horrible once again though.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Marcellus is just flexin' homer nuts. 500 gets him randy as all get out.

Don't be surprised by the Super Bowl talk around here in a couple weeks.

Thread titles:

Why not us?
We can hang with anyone in the AFC
Troy Aikman NEVER threw for 4000 yards
Can we steal the division?
We WILL win a playoff game

Hootie
10-19-2014, 10:58 PM
I have no idea why I was brought into it I'm pretty realistic about the Chiefs with no stupid vendettas like Clay

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 11:00 PM
I have no idea why I was brought into it I'm pretty realistic about the Chiefs with no stupid vendettas like Clay

Marcellus thinks anyone who doesn't think the Chiefs are SB contenders is an evil troll.

Marcellus
10-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Marcellus is just flexin' homer nuts. 500 gets him randy as all get out.

Don't be surprised by the Super Bowl talk around here in a couple weeks.

Thread titles:

Why not us?
We can hang with anyone in the AFC
Troy Aikman NEVER threw for 4000 yards
Can we steal the division?
We WILL win a playoff game

Fuck you Clay. You are wrong as usual. Thats all it is.

Marcellus
10-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Marcellus thinks anyone who doesn't think the Chiefs are SB contenders is an evil troll.

No you are simply an idiot. And wrong as usual. Fuck you you need called out.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Fuck you Clay. You are wrong as usual. Thats all it is.

I'll never be wrong about this team whilst they are "led" by Captain Checkdown.

They are the TGI Fridays of the NFL, and you love you some microwaved steak.

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 11:06 PM
At least we shouldn't have any trouble handling these guys LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/u31zEhh.jpg

They literally have no one that scares me on the outside. If there is a team with a worst receiving core than us, the Raiders are definitely it. To top it off, their TE's are even worse and their RBs are in the same boat as well. McFadden and MJD may be fairly big names, but they are below average at this point in their careers.

Marcellus
10-19-2014, 11:07 PM

Bullshit. You are wrong about 364 days a year.

Lets throw another pass to a Bowe so he can drop it. Will that get you hard.

Marcellus
10-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Goodnight Clay sorry the Chiefs won today and ruined it for you.

RINGLEADER
Sutton has gotten more from less than just about any other team IMO.

Direckshun
I would just like to note that this is the 2nd All World QB Clay has picked to demolish us, which we in turn de-pants'd.

Edit: He also predicted that Manning and Kaeperdouche would ruin our worlds, and the Chiefs had chances to win both games.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Bullshit. You are wrong about 364 days a year.

Lets throw another pass to a Bowe so he can drop it. Will that get you hard.

Bowe was probably reason 1B we won that game today.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 11:10 PM
I would just like to note that this is the 2nd All World QB Clay has picked to demolish us, which we in turn de-pants'd.

Bad move. Karma now weaves the web of Austin Davis against you, for we all are inevitably humbled. Because we are the Chiefs.

Direckshun
10-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Bad move. Karma now weaves the web of Austin Davis against you, for we all are inevitably humbled. Because we are the Chiefs.

LMAO

FlintHillsChiefs
10-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Good God. Does Clayanus really have nearly 170k posts? He must have a sad, lonely life.

I think we should all chip in on an used sex doll for him so he can finally have some companionship.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2014, 11:26 PM
At least I talk about the Chiefs. You're on here talking about someone talking about the Chiefs.

How sad is that?

OldSchool
10-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Good God. Does Clayanus really have nearly 170k posts? He must have a sad, lonely life.

I think we should all chip in on an used sex doll for him so he can finally have some companionship.

No need, heard he already has a Geno Smith doll.

Wallcrawler
10-19-2014, 11:29 PM

Edit: He also predicted that Manning and Kaeperdouche would ruin our worlds, and the Chiefs got Yosted by Andy Reid in both games.

FYP.

Direckshun
10-19-2014, 11:35 PM

Who.

the fuck.

Are you.

Do us all a favor, n00b. Sit on a pear.

Wallcrawler
10-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Who.

the fuck.

Are you.

Do us all a favor, n00b. Sit on a pear.

Yes.

The Pear of Anguish, to be precise.

For those of you not up to speed on medieval torture devices, the Pear of Anguish was a segmented piece of steel in the shape of a pear, with spoon-like segments that would separate and expand at the turn of a screw on the end.

Inserted into the vag of a female adulterer, the anus of a homosexual, and the mouth of a liar.

http://www.medievalarchives.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/the-pear-of-anguish-300x300.jpg

jonzie04
10-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Yes.

The Pear of Anguish, to be precise.

For those of you not up to speed on medieval torture devices, the Pear of Anguish was a segmented piece of steel in the shape of a pear, with spoon-like segments that would separate and expand at the turn of a screw on the end.

Inserted into the vag of a female adulterer, the anus of a homosexual, and the mouth of a liar.

http://www.medievalarchives.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/the-pear-of-anguish-300x300.jpg
:Lin:

The Bad Guy
10-20-2014, 04:36 AM

But, but but, we should have drafted Geno Smith.

Fuck off already.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2014, 04:38 AM
At least I talk about the Chiefs. You're on here talking about someone talking about the Chiefs.

How sad is that?

Troll about the Chiefs.

Beat a 5-1 Philip Rivers lead team on the road and Claynus is going to troll the board because they didn't build the team the way he wants.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 05:42 AM

Hard to put a guy on the field who runs directly away from the ball carrier.

He's a liability at the moment, imo.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 05:46 AM

Bowe also had a horrific drop on third down, in which Rivers scored on the ensuing drive.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 05:49 AM
If the Chiefs fail to score on that drive after that ****up, it would be all over the highlights. It probably will still make the "Not Top Ten". It is being overlooked because the Chiefs went on to score a touchdown on the same drive, (that play did at least pick up the first down on 3rd down) and later win the football game.

Had they not scored, and lost, this is a ****up right up there with his muffed punt in the NFC title game.

How do you get loose down the sideline with nobody around, and just step out? You've gotta be ****ing kidding me.

He turned his head to look for a defender - if he would have just turned on the jets and not turned his head, he would have stayed in bounds.

BigCatDaddy
10-20-2014, 06:27 AM
He turned his head to look for a defender - if he would have just turned on the jets and not turned his head, he would have stayed in bounds.

There is no excuse, but I think it's a result of having 13 catches in 3 years. I think there was a little bit of the "Oh Shit. I've actually got the ball and there is the end zone" factor in play... he got excited and lost focus.

beach tribe
10-20-2014, 06:40 AM

Just like others mentioned.....accountability.

He will probably get more looks when he stops dropping, what seems like, a crucial first down catch per game.

And then acting like first down Sammie when he does catch it.

MotherfuckerJones
10-20-2014, 06:51 AM
I can't knock this win in anyway. Our QB is who he is but he's not losing us games right now. The defense is playing outstanding considering all of the injuries. Major props to this team.

MotherfuckerJones
10-20-2014, 06:52 AM
On a side note, Andy, don't get away from what we are. Don't ignore Jamaal Sunday against St. Louis.

Wallcrawler
10-20-2014, 06:53 AM
Just like others mentioned.....accountability.

He will probably get more looks when he stops dropping, what seems like, a crucial first down catch per game.

And then acting like first down Sammie when he does catch it.

This.

That hotdogging, chest pounding, thumb pointing to his name after he makes ANY play just pisses me off. Wow. You made a basic play that is expected of WR's that make the minimum. Act like you've fucking done it before and get your ass back to the huddle.

BigCatDaddy
10-20-2014, 06:55 AM
I can't knock this win in anyway. Our QB is who he is but he's not losing us games right now. The defense is playing outstanding considering all of the injuries. Major props to this team.

Alex is serviceable if the defense plays well and they don't throw the ball more than they run. Andy just falls in love with the pass from time to time and that's not a recipe for success with Alex. I think a 50/50 ratio is probably best and running more than passing is fine, but if we throw more than run in a game I'd say it's 20/80 we win that game.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 07:00 AM
There is no excuse, but I think it's a result of having 13 catches in 3 years. I think there was a little bit of the "Oh Shit. I've actually got the ball and there is the end zone" factor in play... he got excited and lost focus.

Absolutely.

This.

That hotdogging, chest pounding, thumb pointing to his name after he makes ANY play just pisses me off. Wow. You made a basic play that is expected of WR's that make the minimum. Act like you've ****ing done it before and get your ass back to the huddle.

Exactly. Bowe is a fucking idiot. Just concentrate on making the catch and getting back in the huddle.

MotherfuckerJones
10-20-2014, 07:16 AM
I don't care what Bowe does. Just catch the ball. If the chest pounding, thumb pointing helps pump you up so be it.

BigCatDaddy
10-20-2014, 07:20 AM
I don't care what Bowe does. Just catch the ball. If the chest pounding, thumb pointing helps pump you up so be it.

Yeah, I don't either. I think a few people here have old white man disease.

Exoter175
10-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Chiefs D is giving up 5th least PPG while facing Rivers, Manning, Brady, Kaepernick. Thats with missing a lot of key players.

That's a solid point there, because you toss in Locker who isn't half bad either, and you're facing some of the best QB's you'll ever face, let alone all in the same season, that's pretty daunting if you ask me, and we've handled them well through 6 games and missing half our defense.

TOP is double sided. If the defense gets off the field fast, that gives the Offense more time to play around, and when the offense plays around more, the Defense gets rested to get on and off the field again.

We are playing good, physical ball right now.

Ehhhhhh, I don't think it'll go that far. Sure it can be top 7 by one metric or another, but unanimous top 7 defense? I think not. We've yet to see what Mays can do, and with a couple really cakewalk games coming up, our defensive stats will skew heavily as those teams are forced to pass against us more often, and we have yet to see what Mays can do.

Its possible he could just come in and be a replacement for JMJ with slightly more playmaking ability, or its possible that he comes in here and plays like the second coming of Ray Lewis, who knows? But as it stands now, I think we're about a top 10-12 defense for sure.

Played on special teams.

Wooooord.

Holy shit.

We benched a starting corner prior to facing Philip Rivers?

If Fleming works out, you really gotta hand it to Dorsey.

Fleming didn't work out, he played exactly like Cooper played in his first year with us. Gets burned, comes back and makes a couple big plays, and that's about it. Fleming got torched all game long, and maybe made two plays to counter that. Not saying he's bad, but he looked almost as bad and out of place on defense as Demetrius Harris looks bad and out of place on offense, and that says a lot.

So when Berry comes back do we move Parker to the slot? Or do we just trot 3 safeties out there?

Parker will move either to the Nickel, or opposite Sean I think. He's good enough to keep on the field IMO, but I think I really want to see Gaines in that Nickel Slot.

I was sad to see Parker is a free agent at the end of the season.

I hope we can retain him somehow. I never thought I'd type that sentence.

You act like hes some kind of superstar, he's a career backup, but a really good one. There's every chance the world that we will try and sign him and a good chance we end up being successful. I don't see Reid and Dorsey letting a backup that good, walk.

It goes like this.

Torched, Torched, Torched, Awesome play, Torched, Torched, Torched, Awesome play, Awesome play, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle, tackle.

Simply Red
10-20-2014, 08:50 AM
I hope so penbrook - please don't get it twisted.

But sorta doubt it - due to the mismatches we saw vs. their O-line. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they really beat up w/ a ton of starters out?

MahiMike
10-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Gotta get the other team off the field to control ToP. That said, I argued a couple of years ago that ASmith was the best defensive player on the 49ers because they controlled the clock when he was on the field.

So what this means is that our offense is a top 5 defense!

scho63
10-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Still team football.

:clap:

-King-
10-20-2014, 08:52 AM
This.

That hotdogging, chest pounding, thumb pointing to his name after he makes ANY play just pisses me off. Wow. You made a basic play that is expected of WR's that make the minimum. Act like you've fucking done it before and get your ass back to the huddle.

After what play in the game did Bowe point to his name?
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
10-20-2014, 09:40 AM
After what play in the game did Bowe point to his name?
Posted via Mobile Device

He only does that when he scores TDs

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 10:10 AM

But...he so often does not catch said ball, that it makes any and all chest thumping and name pointing downright ****ing ignorant.

He needs to routinely start making the plays he's supposed to make, first off. Show some fucking consistency.

Speaking for all of those with 'old white man disease', if I may this once.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 10:11 AM

Zing!!

Hootie
10-20-2014, 10:14 AM
The Bowe hate is hilarious. Good grief

Sandy Vagina
10-20-2014, 10:18 AM

I think it's really just the price tag that comes with Bowe.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 10:20 AM
He reeled in the majority of his targets sans one terrible drop and he never complains about not getting the ball. I don't see why people hate the guy. But hey, chiefs planet!

ModSocks
10-20-2014, 10:22 AM
I nicknamed Brandon Oliver Thunder Biscuit a few weeks ago.

Feel free to make it go viral

Text it in to San Diego's sports radio and i guarantee it'll catch on.

Big Poppa Payne
10-20-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't hate Bowe by any means but for the money he's getting paid he should put forth a much better effort.

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 10:27 AM
He reeled in the majority of his targets sans one terrible drop and he never complains about not getting the ball. I don't see why people hate the guy. But hey, chiefs planet!

I'll give you one reason.

If Jordy Nelson was out there.....no one would complain when he dropped a pass.

Pablo
10-20-2014, 11:08 AM
LMAO

There are still morons out there complaining about the jersey-pointing. Wow. That's really what sticks in your craw, eh?

"Well ya dont see me pointin to mah nametag when I stack that last bag of Ol' Roy up on the pallet real nice like!! Do yer job w/o the show!!!"

Pablo
10-20-2014, 11:10 AM
I think it's really just the price tag that comes with Bowe.This would be a justifiable reason for the hate; but it's not about that.

It about the jersey-pointing and "show-boating" that these fans just won't stand for.

"My stomach turned and I ralphed up my frozen burrito when I saw Kelce do that Ric Flair endzone dance. Just fucking catch the ball and hand it to the official!!"

penbrook
10-20-2014, 11:30 AM
This would be a justifiable reason for the hate; but it's not about that.

It about the jersey-pointing and "show-boating" that these fans just won't stand for.

"My stomach turned and I ralphed up my frozen burrito when I saw Kelce do that Ric Flair endzone dance. Just ****ing catch the ball and hand it to the official!!"

There having fun. You know that's what the Royals are doing. Yost is allowing them to have fun and say whatever and look where it's gotten them.

Wallcrawler
10-20-2014, 11:38 AM

If you think 5 catches for 84 yards is worth what we are paying this guy, you have some deeper issues to worry about than people hating on Bowe.

He got that huge contract, and has done jack shit since he got it.

As it stands, he's almost guaranteed one huge fucking bonehead drop per game.

He's been so bad that 4 catches for 40 is considered "Bowe showed up today".

THAT is what is hilarious. The fact that this paltry, inconsistent, production is what we are getting for the shit-ton of cash we dumped on him.

If Bowe was all that, he should be getting 7-10 catches in the short to intermediate passing game, and he should be the number one threat we have in the redzone with his size.

Only problem is he doesn't outwork, outmuscle, or outplay anyone on a regular basis. Then he makes a 5 yard catch on a slant and gets up pounding his chest like he's done some amazing fucking feat.

Huge waste of cap space, this guy.

-King-
10-20-2014, 11:44 AM

Exactly. So what the fuck are these posters talking about? Bowe didn't showboat yesterday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
10-20-2014, 11:44 AM
If you think 5 catches for 84 yards is worth what we are paying this guy, you have some deeper issues to worry about than people hating on Bowe.

As it stands, he's almost guaranteed one huge ****ing bonehead drop per game.

THAT is what is hilarious. The fact that this paltry, inconsistent, production is what we are getting for the shit-ton of cash we dumped on him.

If Bowe was all that, he should be getting 7-10 catches in the short to intermediate passing game, and he should be the number one threat we have in the redzone with his size.

Only problem is he doesn't outwork, outmuscle, or outplay anyone on a regular basis. Then he makes a 5 yard catch on a slant and gets up pounding his chest like he's done some amazing ****ing feat.

As I've said in other posts, this cant be laid 100% at Bowes feet... Reid and Smith must both share some blame.

That doesnt absolve Bowe of his share, there ARE games where he does disappear or seem to lack concentration... but with this "chest thumping" charge, get real, almost ALL receivers are like that, its just part of their makeup.

O.city
10-20-2014, 11:49 AM

As it stands, he's almost guaranteed one huge ****ing bonehead drop per game.

Only problem is he doesn't outwork, outmuscle, or outplay anyone on a regular basis. Then he makes a 5 yard catch on a slant and gets up pounding his chest like he's done some amazing ****ing feat.

5 catches for 84 yards equals out to almost 1400 yards per year and 80 catches so yeah, that's actually what they're paying him for

Hootie
10-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Text it in to San Diego's sports radio and i guarantee it'll catch on.
What's the # ?

Hootie
10-20-2014, 11:52 AM
5 catches for 84 yards equals out to almost 1400 yards per year and 80 catches so yeah, that's actually what they're paying him for
Yeah, lol.

Wallcrawler
10-20-2014, 11:54 AM

Ahhhh. Because Bowe does that every game....

Oh wait...

Hootie
10-20-2014, 11:54 AM
And we've also been quite efficient in the red zone this year...we just utilize our backs more than other teams

I have zero Bowe hate. Put him on the Broncos, and he probably scores 10-15 TD'S.

ChiTown
10-20-2014, 11:55 AM

Yeah, yesterday, other than the dropped ball, was a good day for Bowe. Would like to see some TD production from him, but that's a two way street with the QB

BossChief
10-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Bowes problem is Alex Smith.

Bowe is rarely wide open and a QB needs to trust him a few times a game to make a play while covered. That is the exact opposite of Alex Smiths game.

Wallcrawler
10-20-2014, 11:57 AM
The only thing Dwayne Bowe does consistently for us is not score touchdowns. He's 6 for 6 on the year in games doing that.

He may need a raise, if we want him to keep this up.

O.city
10-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Ahhhh. Because Bowe does that every game....

Oh wait...

How many targets did he have yesterday compared to most games?

O.city
10-20-2014, 11:59 AM
The only thing Dwayne Bowe does consistently for us is not score touchdowns. He's 6 for 6 on the year in games doing that.

He may need a raise, if we want him to keep this up.

How many times has he been targeted in the redzone?

temper11
10-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Right. We can't give the defense too much credit, but that takes away credit from Alice and a possible Alexcuse down the line. You're so ****ing transparent :facepalm:

WTF? Guy just gave props to the D - what are you talking about? Why do people keep trying to bring Smith into a thread talking about the Defense?

I too thought the D played great yesterday. Especially the pass rush. Looked like Rivers was uncomfortable all game. Really solid effort. Honestly, after the Indy game, I wouldn't have been sad to see Sutton go, but he has really done well this year especially given all of the injuries. Even in the losses (Titans game notwithstanding) the defense has played stout football against really good teams. Tip of the cap to Sutton and the D.

temper11
10-20-2014, 12:06 PM
I think there was a little bit of the "Oh Shit. I've actually got the ball and there is the end zone" factor in play... he got excited and lost focus.

this.

Frosty
10-20-2014, 12:07 PM
How many times has he been targeted in the redzone?

According to this (http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/teams/redzone/playerstats/KC/7/season), only twice.

*cue "Bowe can't get open" complaints*

O.city
10-20-2014, 12:08 PM
According to this (http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/teams/redzone/playerstats/KC/7/season), only twice.

Lol

temper11
10-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Alex is serviceable if the defense plays well and they don't throw the ball more than they run. Andy just falls in love with the pass from time to time and that's not a recipe for success with Alex. I think a 50/50 ratio is probably best and running more than passing is fine, but if we throw more than run in a game I'd say it's 20/80 we win that game.

I would say that's not a recipe for success with KC receivers. We just don't have the receivers to lean on them the way Reid want's to. Smith can throw accurately all game long. He's not going to throw deep a ton. Just isn't... but he can pick teams apart all game if he has decent play from his receivers.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 12:11 PM

The other interesting thing is, if I were to guess, I bet we're in the top 3rd of the league in red zone efficiency, if not higher

So we're complaining about receivers not getting touchdowns even though we've been efficient in the red zone all year

Sometimes complaining has merit...these are not one of those times

temper11
10-20-2014, 12:13 PM

I don't care about the pointing to his jersey. I don't care about a couple of drops, the thing I can't stand about Bowe is the lack of effort he shows on some plays. You give everything you've got and drop a pass - no worries. You "phone it in" and drop a pass... Get the fuck out.

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 12:14 PM
I would say that's not a recipe for success with KC receivers. We just don't have the receivers to lean on them the way Reid want's to. Smith can throw accurately all game long. He's not going to throw deep a ton. Just isn't... but he can pick teams apart all game if he has decent play from his receivers.

Accurately? ROFL

Like throwing behind his WRs on slants? He does that shit consistently.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 12:16 PM
I guess I don't know what I'm watching, then...because I'm not particularly some huge Dwayne Bowe fan or anything...but I've never seen anything but a good teammate / good effort football player...he blocks well, etc

He's a solid NFL receiver and, more importantly, a team first guy at a me first position.

The hate flung at the guy because he makes money is ridiculous. He's a solid, forgettable Chief.

temper11
10-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Then he makes a 5 yard catch on a slant and gets up pounding his chest like he's done some amazing ****ing feat.

Didn't you see Jerry McGuire? The chest pounding stuff is how you get them to "show you the money".

RINGLEADER
10-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Was pleasantly surprised after the row of QBs we've faced that we're:

#2 against the pass.

#3 on third-down conversions allowed.

#7 in points allowed per game.

#6 in sacks per game.

#3 in touchdowns allowed.

Only place we're really sucking is in creating turnovers and rush defense (now 18th).

If you back out that abortion of a first game against the Titans it gets even better...

ChiefsChoke010414
10-20-2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah, the defense has looked strangely good without its two most important players. Not sure what to make of that.

Maybe we'd have won the Superbowl last season without Kendrick Lewis and Quentin Demps.

Frosty
10-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Accurately? ROFL

I don't want to sound like an Alex hater, but I didn't think he was very accurate yesterday. The receivers had to frequently twist around awkwardly to catch the passes. On the pass to Wilson, even though he was wide open, he had to go to a knee to get the ball, which cost him yards (still had a nice spin move to pick up a first down, iirc).

Not every pass, of course, but quite a few of them.

Frosty
10-20-2014, 12:21 PM
The hate flung at the guy because he makes money is ridiculous. He's a solid, forgettable Chief.

Except it started well before the new contract. The contact is just another thing to bitch about.

temper11
10-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Accurately? ROFL

yes accurately. I don't know what games you guys watch, or if Smith is the only QB that you watch, but he really is one of the most accurate passers in the NFL in short to medium range passes. Go ahead and laugh all you want about him not throwing the deep pass enough, fine. But he owns short to medium range - couple that with his ability to read defenses, some quality receivers, and you have a pretty solid offense. If you guys could put down your hate for just a few minutes you might see what you actually have, instead of lamenting what you don't have (Manning, Rodgers, Luck, etc.). He isn't sexy, but he can be very effective.

But we can debate that in one of the Smith threads... Let's keep this one on the Defense.

ChiefsChoke010414
10-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Was pleasantly surprised after the row of QBs we've faced that we're:

#2 against the pass.

#3 on third-down conversions allowed.

#7 in points allowed per game.

#6 in sacks per game.

#3 in touchdowns allowed.

Only place we're really sucking is in creating turnovers and rush defense (now 18th).

If you back out that abortion of a first game against the Titans it gets even better...

The rush defense was good last year, but that's where we miss Johnson and Berry the most. I expect the rush defense to struggle as we play better rushing teams. You can't replace DJ there.

RINGLEADER
10-20-2014, 12:27 PM
The rush defense was good last year, but that's where we miss Johnson and Berry the most. I expect the rush defense to struggle as we play better rushing teams. You can't replace DJ there.

Personally I've thought Mauga has been playing pretty damn good. May not be DJ, but the drop-off is far less than I thought it would be.

Getting Joe Mays and Eric Berry should help but to be honest we've been playing pretty damn good without them.

BigCatDaddy
10-20-2014, 12:43 PM

LMAO Nice one.

BigCatDaddy
10-20-2014, 12:46 PM
WTF? Guy just gave props to the D - what are you talking about? Why do people keep trying to bring Smith into a thread talking about the Defense?

I too thought the D played great yesterday. Especially the pass rush. Looked like Rivers was uncomfortable all game. Really solid effort. Honestly, after the Indy game, I wouldn't have been sad to see Sutton go, but he has really done well this year especially given all of the injuries. Even in the losses (Titans game notwithstanding) the defense has played stout football against really good teams. Tip of the cap to Sutton and the D.

The dipshit said they were 16th-18th in the league and credit the offense ie Alex Smith controlling TOP to their success. In every posts he just lays the ground work for an Alexcuse that may be needed. It's pretty damn obvious to see. It's like him and Sandy are attached at the vag.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-20-2014, 12:46 PM
This defense is nasty

jLoy88
10-20-2014, 01:22 PM

This man knows his shit.
I was a Niner's faithful prior to the Smith backstabbing and I have seen it affect so much of their game since he left. My analysis of the 2011 49ers was this. They won't run up 45 points on you; they'll kick their field goals, move the ball, chew clock, and build up a lead and before you know it your team is down by 10 and there is 6 minutes left on the clock and they've only touched the ball twice since half time. Alex had a crazy unique ability to get the maximum chunks of clock per possession there and I love seeing it translate into this team. The biggest change the Niner's have to deal with is their offense now is a 3 and out or a big play score, the Defense is winded constantly as a result. No one, and I mean no one, ever gives credit to Alex Smith for his contributions to the Defense. Glad you did.

Baby Lee
10-20-2014, 01:32 PM
This man knows his shit.
I was a Niner's faithful prior to the Smith backstabbing and I have seen it affect so much of their game since he left. My analysis of the 2011 49ers was this. They won't run up 45 points on you; they'll kick their field goals, move the ball, chew clock, and build up a lead and before you know it your team is down by 10 and there is 6 minutes left on the clock and they've only touched the ball twice since half time. Alex had a crazy unique ability to get the maximum chunks of clock per possession there and I love seeing it translate into this team. The biggest change the Niner's have to deal with is their offense now is a 3 and out or a big play score, the Defense is winded constantly as a result. No one, and I mean no one, ever gives credit to Alex Smith for his contributions to the Defense. Glad you did.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/758/Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

Saccopoo
10-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Personally I've thought Mauga has been playing pretty damn good. May not be DJ, but the drop-off is far less than I thought it would be.

Getting Joe Mays and Eric Berry should help but to be honest we've been playing pretty damn good without them.

There is a reason why our pass coverage has become better.

Eric Berry is awful in man coverage.

Cooper, hero of CP, is just a guy. At best.

Amazing how our pass coverage is better without than with, no?

jLoy88
10-20-2014, 01:47 PM
LMFAO! Holy shit that face tho.