PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anthony Fasano

ILChief
10-20-2014, 05:23 AM
Nothing against him, but why on earth is he out there ever play while Kelce is playing about 50% of the snaps?

It's mind-boggling

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 05:24 AM
Nothing against him, but why on earth is he out there ever play while Kelce is playing about 50% of the snaps?

It's mind-boggling

He is fucking terrible. Stone hands and time his 40 Yd dash with a sundial...

jonzie04
10-20-2014, 05:37 AM
Butttt, he's a good blocker. Errrmmm :facepalm: I think if kelce is on any of the other 31 NFL teams, and they witness what hes capable of, he immediately becomes a staple of the offense. Pretty sad when the national media is talking about him being the next gronkowski, and how he's like a te version of Percy harvin, etc and our dumb ass coach has him on the bench in favor of Anthony fuckin faslowno.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 05:57 AM
Butttt, he's a good blocker. Errrmmm :facepalm: I think if kelce is on any of the other 31 NFL teams, and they witness what hes capable of, he immediately becomes a staple of the offense. Pretty sad when the national media is talking about him being the next gronkowski, and how he's like a te version of Percy harvin, etc and our dumb ass coach has him on the bench in favor of Anthony ****in faslowno.

I question a LOT of what Reid does. Even after a victory.

For such a good coach and a great offensive mind, he's really not a very good play caller.

Valiant
10-20-2014, 06:14 AM
I question a LOT of what Reid does. Even after a victory.

For such a good coach and a great offensive mind, he's really not a very good play caller.

Not at all, I think he tries an outthink the other coaches..

Oh, so they know I have two stellar backs that can break, they a TE they cannot cover. I will fool them with a quick screen to my slower TE, they will never see it coming.

You can literally spread defenses out and run at them with the 2 backs we have. Then add the other stuff. Teams could not stop it. It could be similar to when we would toss to Priest, they know it is coming. But almost impossible to stop. This would also increase Alex's importance. Crushing a team with a running attack and blocking WRs/TEs would leave open huge play action passes for huge gains. It also eats the clock.

But nope, we will try and fool them, by going a different route.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 06:24 AM

Oh, so they know I have two stellar backs that can break, they a TE they cannot cover. I will fool them with a quick screen to my slower TE, they will never see it coming.

You can literally spread defenses out and run at them with the 2 backs we have. Then add the other stuff. Teams could not stop it. It could be similar to when we would toss to Priest, they know it is coming. But almost impossible to stop. This would also increase Alex's importance. Crushing a team with a running attack and blocking WRs/TEs would leave open huge play action passes for huge gains. It also eats the clock.

1st rule of football - run right down their throats until they commit to stopping the run. Make them prove that they can stop it...

With our 3 backs (have to add bulldozer/pass catching Sherman in there), no one has proven that they can stop the run.

Molitoth
10-20-2014, 06:24 AM

Hah, so much this. The Chiefs have talent, Andy Reid just doesn't know how to take advantage of it.

Buehler445
10-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Someone mentioned accountability in the 10 things thread and I brought up the very same Anthony Fasano. Pretty frustrating.

Aspengc8
10-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Butttt, he's a good blocker. Errrmmm :facepalm: I think if kelce is on any of the other 31 NFL teams, and they witness what hes capable of, he immediately becomes a staple of the offense. Pretty sad when the national media is talking about him being the next gronkowski, and how he's like a te version of Percy harvin, etc and our dumb ass coach has him on the bench in favor of Anthony ****in faslowno.

Having Kelce on the field in any type of posse personnel (3/1/1) is pretty much showing your hand to the defense because he IS that bad at blocking. I'm not saying Fasano is a better choice, but given our lack of talent at WR, we should we lining up in more two TE sets with both of them on the field, whether its in ACE or some sort of big I with sherman on the field as well. No reason to have any other WR on the field other than bowe.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Having Kelce on the field in any type of posse personnel (3/1/1) is pretty much showing your hand to the defense because he IS that bad at blocking. I'm not saying Fasano is a better choice, but given our lack of talent at WR, we should we lining up in more two TE sets with both of them on the field, whether its in ACE or some sort of big I with sherman on the field as well. No reason to have any other WR on the field other than bowe.

Amen.

You always have Davis and Charles to flex RBs or Kelce out wide.

Exoter175
10-20-2014, 08:35 AM

It's mind-boggling

Contrary to popular belief, Kelce is kind of "new" to the offense, he's had very minimal time to get snaps in so I believe this is more in part because we're gradually getting him into it. If I'm not mistaken his snap count has grown quite a bit these last 3 games vs. the first 3. He'll eventually phase out Fasano completely, but Fasano isn't completely useless either, he's a pretty solid receiver when the game is on the line, and he's a very good blocker and intelligent football player, its hard to take him off the field sometimes.

I do agree, however, because Kelce is our best option in the passing game, but sometimes we have to bring in Kelce to help a tackle out with blocking, like we did yesterday. Have you guys noticed that Harris' improvement comes almost as a direct relation to Fasano helping him on 10 or 15 snaps a game? lol

-King-
10-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Terez said it's because Fasano is a better run and pass blocker on the line. Kelce is more of a hitter than a blocker.
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool
10-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Reid is notorious for bringing receiving targets along slowly in his system.

Because of that, I kind of hope that Fasano gets injured for a couple of games so that we can see what the offense looks like with Kelce as the #1 TE.

Steron
10-20-2014, 08:51 AM
He is fucking terrible. Stone hands and time his 40 Yd dash with a calendar...

FYP

ThaVirus
10-20-2014, 08:54 AM
I don't really mind the judicious use of this stud.

Given his injury history, relative "newness" to the offense, and how early it is in the season, I wouldn't mind it if we didn't see him as the full-time starter until week 10 or so..

Oxford
10-20-2014, 09:13 AM
The upside is that it keeps everybody in the game. Given the injury bug this year, it supports the "next man up approach". Players live to play, easier to motivate someone when playing time is a reward.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2014, 12:01 PM
blocking

Reid wants/needs to run the ball.

Three7s
10-20-2014, 12:30 PM
blocking

Reid wants/needs to run the ball.
Yep, only thing I can think of. Not every good TE in the league has been adept at blocking (Antonio Gates), but it is a huge part of the position.