PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs why Chiefs WRs have 0 TDs

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Because when Dwayne Bowe is the clear-cut #1 (and it's not even close), you have a terrible WR corps.

Please feel free to post any .gifs of 2014 Chiefs WRs dropping passes that hit them squarely in the hands/chest and/or stepping out of bounds with a clear path to the end zone in front of them.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 10:18 AM
It's all staged, remember? Make up your mind

ModSocks
10-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Considering Smith only throws the ball about 5 yards on average, you'd think he'd be able to throw it and catch it too.

Sorter
BECAUSE IT'S RIGGED AND DWAYNE BOWE IS ILLUMINATI! !! FUCK YOU EWAN MACGREGOR!!!!!

Lonewolf Ed
This is alarming, but it surely can't continue for much longer, right? That was a nice catch and run Sherman had, though. I like him.

jd1020
10-20-2014, 10:22 AM
BECAUSE IT'S RIGGED AND DWAYNE BOWE IS ILLUMINATI! !! **** YOU EWAN MACGREGOR!!!!!

Finally you brought Boxxy back. Bout fuckin time.

cosmo20002
10-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Because when Dwayne Bowe is the clear-cut #1 (and it's not even close), you have a terrible WR corps.

Please feel free to post any .gifs of 2014 Chiefs WRs dropping passes that hit them squarely in the hands/chest and/or stepping out of bounds with a clear path to the end zone in front of them.

I was positive the answer was going to be "Becuase it's rigged."

Sorter
10-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Finally you brought Boxxy back. Bout fuckin time.

:)

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Are our WRs in the top half of the league? No. But there are QBs out there that do more with less. This is on Smith AND the WR group.

And you want someone to blame for the WR group sucking? Look no further than Dorsey. Deepest WR draft in history....and we didn't draft one. Why you ask? Because we have Kelce. You know....that TE that gets targeted 3-4 times a game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Oh dear god...

rabblerouser
This is alarming, but it surely can't continue for much longer, right? That was a nice catch and run Sherman had, though. I like him.

Sherman is the man, and no, it can't continue for much longer at all. Say what you will about Al Smith, but there were 2 TDs left on the field, one of which bounced off an open WR's palms. Couple that with Dwayne Bowes' mental lapses and one-dimensional playing style, and it would be a mess, even if this team messes round and goes 9-7/10-6 with a playoff berth...

Can't go ANYWERE with these WRs.

Just need a win against Buffalo...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Sherman is the man, and no, it can't continue for much longer at all. Say what you will about Al Smith, but there were 2 TDs left on the field, one of which bounced off an open WR's palms. Couple that with Dwayne Bowes' mental lapses and one-dimensional playing style, and it would be a mess, even if this team messes round and goes 9-7/10-6 with a playoff berth...

I'll report what BR tells us.

Sandy Vagina
10-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Kind of beating that dead horse with what everyone knows.. but just fyi..

PFF has Smith tied for 2nd most in dropped passes.. 18 of them.

Who has more drops? Luck with 20.. though he threw 302 times vs Smith's 187.

:eek:

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Are our WRs in the top half of the league? No. But there are QBs out there that do more with less. This is on Smith AND the WR group.

And you want someone to blame for the WR group sucking? Look no further than Dorsey. Deepest WR draft in history....and we didn't draft one. Why you ask? Because we have Kelce. You know....that TE that gets targeted 3-4 times a game.

Hemingway. Average. LOL

It's a joke that Kelce isn't out there on every down.

Did I spell Kelce correct?

Iowanian
10-20-2014, 10:29 AM
If they would catch the balls that hit them in the hands and not step out of bounds when they are wide open it would go a long way towards alleviating this issue.

Lonewolf Ed
I definitely agree that WR is a HUGE problem and the Chiefs need massive upgrades there. Bowe just takes a play off here and there and it is nothing new, as we have seen this for years. Drops are not exclusive to the Chiefs, but the ones they do suffer sure come at the worst times.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Hemingway. Average. LOL

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Z5lNEXOpRQ4/VAdi9qJbp5I/AAAAAAAAJC8/Gi-PSugjag8/s1600/tumblr_ln002zINgv1ql141xo1_400.gif

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 10:30 AM
Hemingway. Average. LOL

Yep....good job.

And I still think that Hemingway is average. He shouldn't be working out of the slot. Dude needs to be the 4th or 5th WR.

O.city
10-20-2014, 10:32 AM
I dont think people really grasp what average is here

raybec 4
It's obviously because we don't have a scrappy little white guy for everyone to hug nuts on.

Bearcat
Considering Smith only throws the ball about 5 yards on average, you'd think he'd be able to throw it and catch it too.

If only he had 6 seconds to throw the ball and his WRs could run wide, wide open through secondaries on every play, like what every other QB sees...

Pablo
10-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Dorsey's vision for the future at work.

Garbage WR's + A lawlrific OL + Alex Smith checkdown machine = happy fun time football!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Dorsey's vision for the future at work.

Garbage WR's + A lawlrific OL + Alex Smith checkdown machine = happy fun time football!!

All he does is win.

Trust the process.

It's hard to win games in this league.

http://www.hscripts.com/freeimages/logos/icon-media/recycle-bin/recycle-bin-icon-128.gif

Red Dawg
10-20-2014, 10:37 AM
They stink and that's why no scores. Hell, Jenkins stepped out of bounds and wasn't even touched. He would have scored.

Pablo
10-20-2014, 10:39 AM
All he does is win.

Trust the process.

It's hard to win games in this league.

http://www.hscripts.com/freeimages/logos/icon-media/recycle-bin/recycle-bin-icon-128.gifIt was as ugly win; but I'll take it.

I guess if we're getting inventive and Sherman is our new secret weapon then everything will work itself out. Andy seemed to realize it was alright to run the ball and stepping on your own dick isn't always the best way to win a close game, so that was nice.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 10:41 AM
It was as ugly win; but I'll take it.

I guess if we're getting inventive and Sherman is our new secret weapon then everything will work itself out. Andy seemed to realize it was alright to run the ball and stepping on your own dick isn't always the best way to win a close game, so that was nice.

The only thing that interests me is seeing how( or how not )Dorsey will elect to build the team, but that's going to take a while.

temper11
10-20-2014, 10:43 AM

wow... I knew it must be pretty bad... didn't realize it was this bad.

Eleazar
10-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Because all his receivers suck except Bowe, who may or may not be paying attention at any particular moment

Eleazar
10-20-2014, 10:51 AM
wow... I knew it must be pretty bad... didn't realize it was this bad.

18 of 187. It's only 2 or 3 a game at this point in the season, but fully 10% of Smith's passes are on target and dropped?

That speaks volumes.

mcaj22
10-20-2014, 10:57 AM
thanks Dorsey for drafting us an absolutely clueless and useless OLBer and not any of those WRs available

Pablo
10-20-2014, 10:58 AM
thanks Dorsey for drafting us an absolutely clueless and useless OLBer and not any of those WRs availableSometimes you just have to have blind trust in a GM's plan. It worked for us in those Pioli years so well.

O.city
10-20-2014, 11:00 AM
Piolis teams never played and beat good tears like we have this year.

I think the wr part is in both the WR's and the qb. Lack of trust because of drops from time to time probably has an effect on him not taking chances downfield

scho63
10-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Dropped passes rankings 2014

TEAM DROPS
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2014/

PLAYER DROPS
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

mcaj22
10-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Piolis teams never played and beat good tears like we have this year.

I think the wr part is in both the WR's and the qb. Lack of trust because of drops from time to time probably has an effect on him not taking chances downfield

fat scott beat an undefeated Packers team with Kyle Orton

dorseys best win so far is who? Rivers? who everyone calls overrated anyway. An old declining Brady?

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2014, 11:08 AM
LMAO Some miserable shitbags in this thread.

Thanks. You make me feel good about having cancer.

O.city
10-20-2014, 11:14 AM
fat scott beat an undefeated Packers team with Kyle Orton

dorseys best win so far is who? Rivers? who everyone calls overrated anyway. An old declining Brady?

Would any of piolis teams been able to play with and or beat any of the physical football teams we've played this year?

Doubtful

mcaj22
10-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Would any of piolis teams been able to play with and or beat any of the physical football teams we've played this year?

Doubtful

you mean like the awful garbage Titans? That stomped the Chiefs.

RunKC
10-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Go after Boykin, draft a WR rd 1 (hi Kevin White). Profit

Sully
10-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Rigged...

warrior
10-20-2014, 11:23 AM
thanks Dorsey for drafting us an absolutely clueless and useless OLBer and not any of those WRs available

Been saying this since the draft :deevee:

-King-
10-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Sometimes you just have to have blind trust in a GM's plan. It worked for us in those Pioli years so well.

And yet so far, it looks like his first draft was anywhere from decent to real good.

But yeah, continue to judge drafts based on 6 games. You look like a genius doing so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallcrawler
10-20-2014, 11:29 AM
When youre averaging 3 drops a game, that's pretty terrible. With the way our offense is, on average that is 1-2 drives per game on offense that is killed with a drop.

That's completely pathetic. There should be no more bitching about Smith not trusting/throwing to his receivers more.

I did see the commentators bitching about Alex not taking the shot downfield to AJ Jenkins. From Alex's point of view, the score is tied and we're right there in FG range, why would I risk chunking it up there to a guy who could not handle the complexities of scoring a touchdown wide open down the sideline without stepping out of bounds?

Tough to trust that guy in that situation with the football game on the line.

O.city
10-20-2014, 11:31 AM
When youre averaging 3 drops a game, that's pretty terrible. With the way our offense is, on average that is 1-2 drives per game on offense that is killed with a drop.

That's completely pathetic. There should be no more bitching about Smith not trusting/throwing to his receivers more.

I did see the commentators bitching about Alex not taking the shot downfield to AJ Jenkins. From Alex's point of view, the score is tied and we're right there in FG range, why would I risk chunking it up there to a guy who could not handle the complexities of scoring a touchdown wide open down the sideline without stepping out of bounds?

Tough to trust that guy in that situation with the football game on the line.

We weren't in FA range iirc, we punted. Single coverage there you take your shot.

RunKC
10-20-2014, 11:31 AM
And yet so far, it looks like his first draft was anywhere from decent to real good.

But yeah, continue to judge drafts based on 6 games. You look like a genius doing so.
Posted via Mobile Device

And hell his 2nd draft doesn't look too bad right now either. DAT is a baller and Gaines looked fantastic out there yesterday.

Simplicity
10-20-2014, 11:37 AM
you mean like the awful garbage Titans? That stomped the Chiefs.

Are you really saying Pioli's team could have been 3-3 with this schedule?

You do realize Cassel was there at that time? and Brokedick Lewis?

Are you fucking stupid?... People like you make Eric Winston proud.

temper11
10-20-2014, 11:40 AM
We weren't in FA range iirc, we punted. Single coverage there you take your shot.

And we were up by 3, not tied. I think he also should have taken that shot, but he decided to look for the higher percentage pass and keep the chains moving. He isn't called a game manager for nothing, higher percentage IS higher percentage, and they were doing well keeping Rivers on the sideline most of the game.

If it's second down there, I think Smith pulls the trigger. But he was looking to take the higher percentage throw and move the chains. Didn't work out on that play, but it did on so many others. TOP was unreal yesterday.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 11:42 AM
It's all staged, though ... the receivers will get fired if they don't start on script!

O.city
10-20-2014, 11:43 AM
And we were up by 3, not tied. I think he also should have taken that shot, but he decided to look for the higher percentage pass and keep the chains moving. He isn't called a game manager for nothing, higher percentage IS higher percentage, and they were doing well keeping Rivers on the sideline most of the game.

If it's second down there, I think Smith pulls the trigger. But he was looking to take the higher percentage throw and move the chains. Didn't work out on that play, but it did on so many others. TOP was unreal yesterday.

The goal there is to score points and basically end the game. The higher percentage play was taking a deep shot to the one on one wr who the progression was probably to go to.

He pump faked to it and pulled it down so obviously that was the first read there

mcaj22
10-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Are you really saying Pioli's team could have been 3-3 with this schedule?

You do realize Cassel was there at that time? and Brokedick Lewis?

Are you ****ing stupid?... People like you make Eric Winston proud.

Well good thing I said none of that, you idiot.

Bambi
10-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Imagine we could do this?

http://giant.gfycat.com/EllipticalMadIndianhare.gif

aturnis
10-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Bowe sucks b/c he doesn't get targets. Yes he's had a few drops(stats.com says 2), but for the most part, he's not targeted at the same rate as other WR's across the league.

Alex throws the ball to RB's and TE's. It really is that simple.

Also, Bowe should be the #2 WR. He is more than capable of the Anquan Boldin roll.

Marcellus
10-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Its not just the drops, its when they happen. 2 killer drops this week on 3rd down that would have kept the drives going. Had they been on 1st or 2nd down not as big of deal really.

Pablo
10-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Alex throws for 212 yards a game. Do we really expect many 80-100 yard performances out of Bowe with how many targets we force to RB's and TE's?

GloryDayz
10-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I took a medium sized shit last night that was a better WR than our WR corpse! Yeah, and that's no typo!

Bowe is one stoned motherfucker. Hands and head!

Marcellus
10-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Alex throws for 212 yards a game. Do we really expect many 80-100 yard performances out of Bowe with how many targets we force to RB's and TE's?

How many yards do you think Bowe, Avery, and Hemingway left on the field yesterday?

Between Avery stepping out and Bowe and Hemingway dropping passes when they had room to run I would guess at least 100 yards.

It works both ways.

O.city
10-20-2014, 12:05 PM
How many yards do you think Bowe, Avery, and Hemingway left on the field yesterday?

Between Avery stepping out and Bowe and Hemingway dropping passes when they had room to run I would guess at least 100 yards.

It works both ways.

I don't think Avery left any.

And Jenkins stepped out on a wr screen. I'm thinking it was a backwards pass anyway.

Marcellus
10-20-2014, 12:07 PM
I don't think Avery left any.

And Jenkins stepped out on a wr screen. I'm thinking it was a backwards pass anyway.

I meant Jenkins. He had free real estate all the way to the endzone.

O.city
10-20-2014, 12:09 PM

I know just being a jackass. It's all good

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 12:11 PM

It works both ways.

Avery played? When was that?

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 12:11 PM
God damnt O.city.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Avery played? When was that?
Life is better for me when you don't quote that guy

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Life is better for me when you don't quote that guy

Have him on ignore? Or you just don't want to see his post twice?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Sometimes you just have to have blind trust in a GM's plan. It worked for us in those Pioli years so well.

Who was left to take?( see, this works for receivers as well )

The USC product? lol

Hootie
10-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Ignore.

Sorter
Rigged...

Q.

The Franchise
Ignore.

Noted.

ChiefsChoke010414
10-20-2014, 12:24 PM
The sad thing about the receiving corps is that we have a lot of speed there. Avery, Jenkins and Thomas are all very fast. We need to find a way to get these guys into space more.

Then again, we did that yesterday and almost had our first TD from a receiver, and then Jenkins runs out of bounds. That play summarized this receiving corps. But good coaches and good QB's can make stars out of average talents.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 01:00 PM
The sad thing about the receiving corps is that we have a lot of speed there. Avery, Jenkins and Thomas are all very fast. We need to find a way to get these guys into space more.

Then again, we did that yesterday and almost had our first TD from a receiver, and then Jenkins runs out of bounds. That play summarized this receiving corps. But good coaches and good QB's can make stars out of average talents.

There is some truth to that. My biggest gripe with Alex Smith is really his attitude. He doesn't seem to hold his coaches or WRs accountable. He should have gotten pissed at Reid for the piss poor playcalling 2 weeks ago, and should have changed some plays to runs, either in the huddle or at the line. He also should have got up in his WRs shit after leaving all those yards (and points) on the field yesterday.

That's really what makes him so maddening - he COULD make everyone around him play better, by doing one thing...he could demand it. He doesn't demand it, as far as I can see. He's too nice.

temper11
10-20-2014, 01:04 PM
There is some truth to that. My biggest gripe with Alex Smith is really his attitude. He doesn't seem to hold his coaches or WRs accountable. He should have gotten pissed at Reid for the piss poor playcalling 2 weeks ago, and should have changed some plays to runs, either in the huddle or at the line. He also should have got up in his WRs shit after leaving all those yards (and points) on the field yesterday.

That's really what makes him so maddening - he COULD make everyone around him play better, by doing one thing...he could demand it. He doesn't demand it, as far as I can see. He's too nice.

Someone made this point to Trent Green and Green basically said it doesn't work that way. He said unless you are Peyton Manning and essentially call your own plays, then you do what the coach tells you to do. Maybe Reid should give Smith the ability to just call his own plays... maybe it would be better, but at least according to Trent, that just isn't something you decide to do on your own and expect to keep playing in the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 01:09 PM

How is Smith going to hold the fat one "accountable", and can you instagram me a video of such an occurrence when it transpires?

Three7s
10-20-2014, 01:10 PM
Mentioning this play, did you notice that Jenkins did not come back into the game afterward?

Bufkin
10-20-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm glad Sorter is back to his original avatar. Chick is hot as hell.

MahiMike
10-20-2014, 01:13 PM
I've been dissing The "no-show Bowe" for years now. According to GoChiefs, he's da Bomb!

We have 1 (non-backfield) receiving threat on the team. He wears #87.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm glad Sorter is back to his original avatar. Chick is hot as hell.

++++PERVAGE, WOULD THE WHOLE THING

Bufkin
10-20-2014, 01:16 PM
++++PERVAGE, WOULD THE WHOLE THING
I don't know who it is, but I would drink her bath water after a 5k run in Tempe Arizona.

-King-
10-20-2014, 01:17 PM

He's just playing his role in this rigged league right?

MahiMike
10-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Dropped passes rankings 2014

TEAM DROPS
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2014/

PLAYER DROPS
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

I never trust these stats. This is one reason:

"This statistic counts the number of times an intended receiver touches the ball but fails to catch it. If the ball is thrown but the receiver never gets his hands on it, it is not recorded as a drop. "

I've seen Bowe not even get his hands on a ball in his vicinity. Those don't count?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 01:19 PM
I don't know who it is, but I would drink her bath water after a 5k run in Tempe Arizona.

ROFL Her name is "Boxxy". I'll let you enjoy the adventure.

He's just playing his role in this rigged league right?

Academy Award-worthy to the last check-down.

O.city
10-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Mentioning this play, did you notice that Jenkins did not come back into the game afterward?

Not true.

The missed deep ball that Smith didn't throw to the open wr on the next to last drive was jenkins

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 01:20 PM
I never trust these stats. This is one reason:

"This statistic counts the number of times an intended receiver touches the ball but fails to catch it. If the ball is thrown but the receiver never gets his hands on it, it is not recorded as a drop. "

I've seen Bowe not even get his hands on a ball in his vicinity. Those don't count?

Yet, I bet you'd have no problem trusting stats that paint a polar-opposite picture, amirite?

-King-
10-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Not true.

The missed deep ball that Smith didn't throw to the open wr on the next to last drive was jenkins

He wasn't anywhere near open.

MahiMike
10-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Yet, I bet you'd have no problem trusting stats that paint a polar-opposite picture, amirite?

meh, not really. These things are pretty subjective. We can both look at a play and one of us think the ball was catchable and the other think the opposite.

Three7s
10-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Not true.

Oh, yep you're right. I sure would've liked to see him benched.

Bearcat
10-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Anywhere near open or anywhere near Smith open?

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 01:36 PM

He had a step on his guy. Most QBs fucking throw that ball. Shit....Smith thought about it....shit himself and then threw a checkdown.

O.city
10-20-2014, 01:38 PM

The defender is behind and trailing. That's open

-King-
10-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Anywhere near open or anywhere near Smith open?

Anywhere near open for anyone.

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Anywhere near open for anyone.

Fucking bullshit.

Easy 6
10-20-2014, 01:40 PM

That is absolutely insane, it'll be interesting to read through this thread and see how many of the Motley Hate Crue bother to mention it.

O.city
10-20-2014, 01:41 PM
If he throws it out in front of him towards the pylon, worse case scenario is an interception deep in SD territory.

We punted on the next play.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 01:42 PM
That is absolutely insane, it'll be interesting to read through this thread and see how many of the Motley Hate Crue bother to mention it.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/23/97/45/23974531158a96eb0f53247ccefcf366.jpg

Easy 6
10-20-2014, 01:47 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/23/97/45/23974531158a96eb0f53247ccefcf366.jpg

They were SO badass during that era.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 01:52 PM
They were SO badass during that era.

The best.

Marcellus
10-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Tell Hootie I said I was sorry for lumping him in with Clay. Nothing personal, just too much beer last night.

I don't think I have historically given Hootie any shit.

Marcellus
10-20-2014, 02:30 PM

No I guess I didn't. Good.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Because Anthony Sherman has mad YAC skills.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 02:32 PM

SHOUT!!!!

\m/

Red Dawg
10-20-2014, 02:37 PM
The defender is behind and trailing. That's open

Yes but it's Jenkins. Not exactly a stud.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Because Anthony Sherman has mad YAC skills.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
SHOUT!!!!

\m/

If you didn't own that record, I don't want to know you. :D

Saccopoo
10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
The best.

Let's not go full boat stupid, ok?:

http://www.manchester.com/music/images/smcover.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 02:46 PM

Different genre. But yeah, plenty o' love here.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 02:48 PM
If you didn't own that record, I don't want to know you. :D

Amen.

ClevelandBronco
10-20-2014, 03:00 PM

Has the NFL decided whether they're going to give y'all that win or do they have to wait until they know how the bets are lining up?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Has the NFL decided whether they're going to give y'all that win or do they have to wait until they know how the bets are lining up?

Can't put the cart before the horse.

chiefs1111
10-20-2014, 04:29 PM

Was Ford even on the field yesterday?????

GloryDayz
10-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Rep!

Reerun_KC
10-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Great thread for the bleeding tampons.

Ragged Robin
10-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Was Ford even on the field yesterday?????

couldn't you tell? ROFL

Ragged Robin
10-20-2014, 07:06 PM
He had a step on his guy. Most QBs ****ing throw that ball. Shit....Smith thought about it....shit himself and then threw a checkdown.

When I saw it, it looked like Cover 4 and Jenkins was initially running a deep in route and when it wasn't there he took it to the post instead and Smith went off that initial look. With more chemistry they might have been on the same page. Smith doesn't trust any of his receivers to win a jump ball (Week 1 anyone?).

I've noticed that most of Bowe's catches come when he's facing the LOS on a hitch or slant--basically anything that requires him tracking the ball and catching with his hands/high-pointing it he has difficulty with.. which is sad because his isn't Pop Warner.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 07:18 PM
When I saw it, it looked like Cover 4 and Jenkins was initially running a deep in route and when it wasn't there he took it to the post instead and Smith went off that initial look. With more chemistry they might have been on the same page. Smith doesn't trust any of his receivers to win a jump ball (Week 1 anyone?).

I've noticed that most of Bowe's catches come when he's facing the LOS on a hitch or slant--basically anything that requires him tracking the ball and catching with his hands/high-pointing it he has difficulty with.. which is sad because his isn't Pop Warner.

He's very one-dimensional.

DTLB58
10-20-2014, 07:42 PM

Exactly. It's not like when Vermeil was here and everyone was running a go route and you would catch on the run with a full head of steam toward the goal line.
That's what Kelce was catching in the Preseason when Murray was throwing the ball to him.

Ragged Robin
10-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Exactly. It's not like when Vermeil was here and everyone was running a go route and you would catch on the run with a full head of steam toward the goal line.
That's what Kelce was catching in the Preseason when Murray was throwing the ball to him.

He had those two big plays in the preseason on a bang-8/post route which absolutely destroys zone coverage down the seam. Not sure why they haven't been able to hit on this yet, maybe defenses are playing a lot of man against him or Andy isn't dialing it up enough (the game-losing INT @ SF was on a TE post... to slow ass Fasano for some reason). They've hit on one (maybe two) corner routes with Kelce earlier in the year but it seems like most of his catches are designed routes to get him open in space via receiver screens or drags. Maybe he's not that skilled at route running or making contested catches at this point or they don't trust him enough or just simply think he's best used in a way that maximizes his YAC skills as opposed to a downfield threat.

I've also noticed that that cute quick receiver screen to him when the Patriots played off coverage that was so successful was setup against the Chargers except they used it as misdirection and handed it off to Charles on a draw several times in this game. I love this sort of week-to-week scheming like this by Andy.

EDIT: ALSO have you guys noticed that most of Alex's TDs this year have come off of plays BEHIND the actual goal line and then receiver running it in? I don't think they really trust Alex or the recievers that much down there ROFL I know historically with the Eagles Andy likes to screen in the redzone but we didn't really do it all that much last year and this year it's like every TD has come off of it

Valiant
10-20-2014, 11:02 PM

And WRs catching the ball beyond a certain point is not our strategy or strength.

We are a managed offense: running attack, short passes and blocking. WR are more of a decoy to spread defenders out. Sure they catch the ball every now and then. Maybe down the stretch Reid will get wiley and tell Smith to try and chuck 15 yards for a deep catch, or 20 on a play action. You just wait.

rabblerouser
10-21-2014, 07:04 AM
And WRs catching the ball...is not our strategy or strength.

Fyp.

Sometimes less really is more.

Dunerdr
10-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Saw this on fb

Colin Kaepernick's had 7.1% of his passes dropped this season, 4th most in NFL. Alex Smith's had the most at 9.6%
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/10/20/7018905/chiefs-wrs-do-drop-a-lot-of-alex-smiths-passes

rabblerouser
10-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Saw this on fb

Colin Kaepernick's had 7.1% of his passes dropped this season, 4th most in NFL. Alex Smith's had the most at 9.6%
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/10/20/7018905/chiefs-wrs-do-drop-a-lot-of-alex-smiths-passes

Makes sense.

When 10% of your passes get dropped...

What average percentage of an NFL qb's passes go for TDs in 2014??

Ming the Merciless
10-21-2014, 11:23 AM
one more reason (if not mentioned yet)

chiefs are 24th out of 32 (bottom 30%) in pass protection, according to one of the advanced stats sites...

Gotta improve on that as well...I'm willing to give ALex Smith a pass if we can't do better on getting him some WR's that can hang onto the ball and some pass protection.

Jimmya
10-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Like many have said, Emmanuel Sanders would have really made the chiefs offense explosive!

vailpass
10-21-2014, 11:32 AM
one more reason (if not mentioned yet)

chiefs are 24th out of 32 (bottom 30%) in pass protection, according to one of the advanced stats sites...

Gotta improve on that as well...I'm willing to give ALex Smith a pass if we can't do better on getting him some WR's that can hang onto the ball and some pass protection.

Just ask Romo...

rabblerouser
10-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Just ask Romo...

Touché.

Direckshun
10-21-2014, 12:54 PM

Amen.

O.city
10-21-2014, 01:10 PM
I still contend that the WR's are getting open.

Take this single play for instance. Jenkins is NFL open deep down the field. Bowe is open albeit the middle lber is following the qbs eyes
http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/jM55A_k4wJnxUEetDWgsxfSWsg0=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2371132/Chiefs_Pic.0.png

Direckshun
10-21-2014, 01:13 PM
What did Alex end up doing on that play?

I see, like, three open receivers.

Rausch
10-21-2014, 01:14 PM
What did Alex end up doing on that play?

I see, like, three open receivers.

Yup, depending on when he throws it...

Direckshun
10-21-2014, 01:16 PM
He can hit the white guy (Fasano?) at the bottom of the screen for a first down.

He has a quick dart to Bowe for ~15 yards.

He has the deep bomb to Jenkins, as mentioned.

Hell, an elite throw can probably make it to Kelce in the top right, although you'd have three defenders closing in.

Pablo
10-21-2014, 01:16 PM
He can hit the white guy (Fasano?) at the bottom of the screen for a first down.

Hell, an elite throw can probably make it to Kelce in the top right, although you'd have three defenders closing in.Some options for sure. I'm curious to see how this play ended up.

jLoy88
10-21-2014, 01:22 PM
That play was a third down and if I recall correctly he tried to hit Fasano but it went out of bounds correct? I remember watching that play and at that particular point in the game I said to my friend, "He threw it away because of the Niners interception last week." Felt like he didn't want to make the crucial mistake that point in the game and give the ball up.

O.city
10-21-2014, 01:27 PM

Hell, an elite throw can probably make it to Kelce in the top right, although you'd have three defenders closing in.

Pump faked dowe the field, came back late to Fasano and threw it away

MahiMike
10-21-2014, 01:33 PM

Take this single play for instance. Jenkins is NFL open deep down the field. Bowe is open albeit the middle lber is following the qbs eyes
http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/jM55A_k4wJnxUEetDWgsxfSWsg0=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2371132/Chiefs_Pic.0.png

Every time I see this I disagree. The play was to Kelce. Especially since Alex was rolling left at the time. The WR is absolutely not open here.

BTW, we won the game because Alex doesn't take those chances. He knows what kind of receivers he has better than we do.

ThaVirus
10-21-2014, 01:33 PM

Pump faked dowe the field, came back late to Fasano and threw it away

Makes me want to puke.

He's been playing "well" but the more I see the more I can't help but feel he is limiting our offense.

It's the hot thing to say that he never has enough time or that the receivers aren't getting open but we've clearly seen so many gifs and stills of our guys "open" by NFL standards on plays that he takes a sack or scrambles for a half yard.

I like that his conservative style usually keeps us from getting blown out but I want to win some games convincingly. We'll need to him to start being more aggressive in order to do so against the better teams.

Judiciously aggressive. That's what he needs to be.

ThaVirus
10-21-2014, 01:36 PM
That's actually a really clean pocket.

In truth, that ball should have been out about a half second before this still was even taken.

Looks like Bowe was running a corner route and Jenkins is on a deep post. Bowe is wide open by NFL standards and Jenkins has a VERY favorable matchup. He had the inside and I can't see a safety that would be in position to make a play.

O.city
10-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Every time I see this I disagree. The play was to Kelce. Especially since Alex was rolling left at the time. The WR is absolutely not open here.

BTW, we won the game because Alex doesn't take those chances. He knows what kind of receivers he has better than we do.

Rolling left? He's standing in the middle of the pocket

O.city
10-21-2014, 01:38 PM
That's actually a really clean pocket.

In truth, that ball should have been out about a half second before this still wasn't even taken.

Looks like Bowe was running a corner route and Jenkins is on a deep post. Bowe is wide open by NFL standards and Jenkins has a VERY favorable matchup. He had the inside and I can't see a safety that would be in position to make a play.

There's no one over the top and Jenkins has inside leverage. Lead him towards the post or he'll towards the opposite oylin. Defender has to go thru him to intercept it. Even if he does, we punted on the next play anyway.

If you don't trust him to go make a play there, he shouldn't be on the field

Dunerdr
10-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Rolling left? He's standing in the middle of the pocket

I believe he stepped left looking down field towards kelce then had the worst fake ever(I may be spoiled after watching Trent green fakes) then tosses it to far out for Fasano.

O.city
10-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Yeah, he rolled left after he already chickened out and decided not to throw it downfield and check it down

temper11
10-21-2014, 04:35 PM
I believe he stepped left looking down field towards kelce then had the worst fake ever(I may be spoiled after watching Trent green fakes) then tosses it to far out for Fasano.

it wasn't a fake. He hesitated. He was going to throw it then had a moments "it's 3rd down, need to find a higher percentage target" hesitation and didn't pull the trigger. Then he tried to go to Sherman for the first down and it was too late.

He should have pulled the trigger. I'm an admitted Smith apologist and typically give him the benefit of the doubt, but he should have pulled the trigger here to Kelce.

I honestly believe had this been on 2nd down and not 3rd he would have.

O.city
10-21-2014, 04:45 PM
You don't make that throw on 2nd down if your worried about a pick. You either eat or or check it down and live for 3rd down.

You got what you want there with jenkins. The defender is trailing and towards the sideline on a post. Throw it away from the defender towards the post or the back pylon. It's either an incomoletion, the defender interferes with the wr and it's a deep play first down, a catch for a big gain or td, or at worst an incomoletion inside the 20, which is what happened on the next play when we punted.

The throw to kelce is a tough throw so in that situation, to me, you take the shot down the field.

O.city
10-21-2014, 04:47 PM
And he ended up throwing it over Fasano s head, who paired with bowe are both actually open

temper11
10-21-2014, 05:15 PM
You don't make that throw on 2nd down if your worried about a pick. You either eat or or check it down and live for 3rd down.

You got what you want there with jenkins. The defender is trailing and towards the sideline on a post. Throw it away from the defender towards the post or the back pylon. It's either an incomoletion, the defender interferes with the wr and it's a deep play first down, a catch for a big gain or td, or at worst an incomoletion inside the 20, which is what happened on the next play when we punted.

The throw to kelce is a tough throw so in that situation, to me, you take the shot down the field.

I don't think he would have been worried about a pick if it were second down. I don't think he is as afraid of picks as everyone else says that he is. I think he just takes calculated risks. If it were second, I think he probably pulls the trigger and most likely overthrows AJJ (making sure that either AJJ catches it or no one catches it) or hits Kelce depending on which one he would have gone to. Since it was 3rd, I think he hesitated - needing to satisfy the game manager in him that was probably screaming... "don't chuck it deep (even though there are some open receivers), take the higher percentage pass and move the chains."

I think he should have just let it go. Take the shot. Fuck it.

rabblerouser
10-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Yeah he shit the bed on that play. That was an ugly win.

They need a real #1, like an AJ Green. Look how legitimate Dalton looks WITH Green...

And look at what a turd he is without him.

ThaVirus
10-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Alex is ALWAYS worried about a pick.

rabblerouser
10-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Alex is ALWAYS worried about a pick.

If I was throwing to Jenkins and Hemingway, I would be too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-21-2014, 06:51 PM

His "pick aversion" precedes KC.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-21-2014, 06:55 PM
Jesus, if Alex were to throw a fade in to traffic( or anything for that matter )on a regular basis, I might possibly be inclined to shut the fuck up about him for a while.

As it stands, his version of "open" sucks Marvin Schwetty's balls.

ThaVirus
10-21-2014, 07:00 PM

Why? Has a pass thrown to either of the two ever resulted in an INT that was their fault?

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Makes me want to puke.

He's been playing "well" but the more I see the more I can't help but feel he is limiting our offense.

It's the hot thing to say that he never has enough time or that the receivers aren't getting open but we've clearly seen so many gifs and stills of our guys "open" by NFL standards on plays that he takes a sack or scrambles for a half yard.

I like that his conservative style usually keeps us from getting blown out but I want to win some games convincingly. We'll need to him to start being more aggressive in order to do so against the better teams.

Judiciously aggressive. That's what he needs to be.

I mean, we can harp on him all we want. He missed too many shots in the game.

But he was 4-5 on 3rd downs in the second half (not counting the final 3rd down, which was a throwaway situation). As long as he hits on 3rd down, that excuses a few missed shots here and there. That is insanely good 3rd down efficiency.

ThaVirus
10-21-2014, 07:38 PM
I mean, we can harp on him all we want. He missed too many shots in the game.

But he was 4-5 on 3rd downs in the second half (not counting the final 3rd down, which was a throwaway situation). As long as he hits on 3rd down, that excuses a few missed shots here and there. That is insanely good 3rd down efficiency.

It's great. He's lead a very efficient offense this year. It's hard to argue.

I'm just wondering how sustainable this success is without using the entire field.

-King-
10-21-2014, 07:44 PM

Jenkins wasn't open at all. At best you can say Bowe was open. But Jenkins? Hell no. YOu can't even see the defender. From that angle, if Jenkins had a step, you would absolutely be able to see seperation.

-King-
10-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Yeah he shit the bed on that play. That was an ugly win.

They need a real #1, like an AJ Green. Look how legitimate Dalton looks WITH Green...

And look at what a turd he is without him.

He's just doing what's in the script.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2014, 07:53 PM
It's great. He's lead a very efficient offense this year. It's hard to argue.

I'm just wondering how sustainable this success is without using the entire field.
Yup. Agree with that.

O.city
10-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Jenkins wasn't open at all. At best you can say Bowe was open. But Jenkins? Hell no. YOu can't even see the defender. From that angle, if Jenkins had a step, you would absolutely be able to see seperation.

He's open to the post. He's got the inside shoulder of the corner and has all the leverage.

That's open.

Rausch
10-21-2014, 08:08 PM
It's also worth noting that with Avery out there's no legit deep threat.

The WCO is about completing passes and expecting the pass catcher to gain YAC. We don't have any playmakers at WR that can do that right now. Other than Kelcee there's a bunch of catching the ball and going down almost immediately which isn't want you want out of a WCO...

rabblerouser
10-21-2014, 10:42 PM
It's also worth noting that with Avery out there's no legit deep threat.

Avery is a 'legit deep threat'??

Ming the Merciless
10-22-2014, 02:02 AM
Because we are the chiefs

Sandy Vagina
10-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Avery is a 'legit deep threat'??

Ball has to be perfect. Avery's a lot like Ted Ginn Jr. They can get behind coverage.. but they suck at tracking the ball, staying balanced on their deep route, high-pointing anything except the stop-turn-jump-ball.. can't win the contested passes over the shoulder if coverage is up the ass.. can't out-muscle physical coverage on the slants either.

rabblerouser
10-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Ball has to be perfect. Avery's a lot like Ted Ginn Jr. They can get behind coverage.. but they suck at tracking the ball, staying balanced on their deep route, high-pointing anything except the stop-turn-jump-ball.. can't win the contested passes over the shoulder if coverage is up the ass.. can't out-muscle physical coverage on the slants either.

He can drop the pass after all that happens, too.

WhiteWhale
10-22-2014, 08:12 AM

If AJ is covered by 1 guy 25-30 yards down the field, it might as well be 3 guys. He sucks.

rabblerouser
10-22-2014, 08:52 AM
If AJ is covered by 1 guy 25-30 yards down the field, it might as well be 3 guys. He sucks.
Amen. If there's a defender on the field, then Jenkins is covered. And Smith knows it.

Sandy Vagina
10-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Amen. If there's a defender on the field, then Jenkins is covered. And Smith knows it.

With a guy like Calvin Johnson in that exact situation? Sure... chuck it up and see what happens.

With a guy like AJJ? not a good idea. I mean, if AJJ had even a step on the CB, maybe take the shot.. but the CB was basically melded into him. AJJ is not going to come down with that ball.

Easy 6
10-22-2014, 09:10 AM
We have Bowe.

Then we have a bunch of threes and fours and guys who should be sitting at home... thats why theres no receiver with a touchdown yet.

Dunerdr
10-22-2014, 10:53 AM
We have Bowe.

Then we have a bunch of threes and fours and guys who should be sitting at home... thats why theres no receiver with a touchdown yet.

So we have 1 2 on a good week a 3 when Avery is healthy well call Jenkins/Hemingway 4s and the rest practice squad candidates.

Aspengc8
10-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Great pic, and I remember that play. Thought for sure Alex was gonna go to that poco. Looks like a 'scissors' concept up top, deep post clearing out a poco underneath it. JC leaking to the flat. 'curl/flat' combo on the bottom of screen. I believe there is a defender running with that deep post (hard to see in pic), but the poco looks open, as well as options with the curl/flat.

Easy 6
10-22-2014, 11:02 AM
So we have 1 2 on a good week a 3 when Avery is healthy well call Jenkins/Hemingway 4s and the rest practice squad candidates.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of receivers are available in the draft and free agency, thats for damn sure.

With 11 picks and some money to burn its easy to expect some major moves.

O.city
10-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Great pic, and I remember that play. Thought for sure Alex was gonna go to that poco. Looks like a 'scissors' concept up top, deep post clearing out a poco underneath it. JC leaking to the flat. 'curl/flat' combo on the bottom of screen. I believe there is a defender running with that deep post (hard to see in pic), but the poco looks open, as well as options with the curl/flat.

Yep, although looking at kelce, it looks like the flat defender does a good job of undercutting it waiting for the pick, so I'd imagine that's why he pulled it doen. Would take a really elite throw to get it over there.

I still contend that the post is open. He's not running free, but he's on top of the wr with leverage. If you lay it out therr towards the post or back pylon, the defender has to either run thru the wr or tackle him to get to the ball. Alot of good outcomes come therr that outweigh the bad

Reerun_KC
10-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Looking forward to seeing what kind of receivers are available in the draft and free agency, thats for damn sure.

With 11 picks and some money to burn its easy to expect some major moves.

This!!!

If I was Smith and Candy, I wouldn't throw a ball ever to any of the shit we have at WR...

F Those guys... I would wear out the TEs and RBs in the passing game....

Easy 6
10-22-2014, 11:29 AM
This!!!

If I was Smith and Candy, I wouldn't throw a ball ever to any of the shit we have at WR...

F Those guys... I would wear out the TEs and RBs in the passing game....

Bowe sure has some mystifying drops, always has... but I still believe they need to involve him more.

Feed him super short throws and let him YAC it up and throw in some 10-20 yarders for good measure.

Dunerdr
10-22-2014, 11:34 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000415269/article/six-trades-wed-love-to-see-before-nfl-trade-deadline
I'd like to see one of these

ThaVirus
10-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Yep, although looking at kelce, it looks like the flat defender does a good job of undercutting it waiting for the pick, so I'd imagine that's why he pulled it doen. Would take a really elite throw to get it over there.

I still contend that the post is open. He's not running free, but he's on top of the wr with leverage. If you lay it out therr towards the post or back pylon, the defender has to either run thru the wr or tackle him to get to the ball. Alot of good outcomes come therr that outweigh the bad

It is. With a well-placed ball, there's absolutely no chance the CB makes the INT. He's literally have to go through Jenkins in order to do so. Obviously, that'd result in a 40 yard gain for us by way of DPI.

rabblerouser
11-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Coming into week 9??

rabblerouser
11-08-2014, 07:53 PM
It is. With a well-placed ball, there's absolutely no chance the CB makes the INT. He's literally have to go through Jenkins in order to do so. Obviously, that'd result in a 40 yard gain for us by way of DPI.

Either Jenkins stumbles on his feet and falls down, resulting in an INT...or he gets flagged for OPI.

No way Jenkins catches that ball.

No matter who throws it.

Jenkins is a giant dog dune.

TripleThreat
11-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Anyone remember avery last game? Catches the ball, has free 3 yards TD in front of him but hes expecting hit so he goes to the ground. I literally laughed my arse off.

rabblerouser
11-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Anyone remember avery last game? Catches the ball, has free 3 yards TD in front of him but hes expecting hit so he goes to the ground. I literally laughed my arse off.

Fucking RIDICULOUS.

ROFL

Avery may actually be worse than Jenkins...he's just faster.

ThaVirus
11-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Either Jenkins stumbles on his feet and falls down, resulting in an INT...or he gets flagged for OPI.

No way Jenkins catches that ball.

No matter who throws it.

Jenkins is a giant dog dune.

What? This is just idiotic.

The guy has the DB trailing behind him but HE'D get flagged for OPI LMAO

OK, champ.

Avery hasn't played in a few weeks. You're probably thinking of Jenkins.

TripleThreat
11-08-2014, 08:18 PM
yeah I think I meant Jenkins both look similar

-King-
11-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Fucking RIDICULOUS.

ROFL

Avery may actually be worse than Jenkins...he's just faster.

Well you look like a dumbass right now.

TripleThreat
11-08-2014, 09:05 PM

RobBlake
11-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Jenkins should be in the AFL AT BEST. That dude is so trash.

I don't understand KC FO not making ANY strong moves for any WR this past season. But you better bet they HAVE too this year if they wanna go deep in the playoffs.. Smith needs help on that end.

Bowe needs to be fed often despite drops.

BossChief
11-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Lots of really good receivers hitting free agency next year.

Sully
11-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Literally

rabblerouser
11-08-2014, 09:51 PM
What? This is just idiotic.

The guy has the DB trailing behind him but HE'D get flagged for OPI LMAO

OK, champ.

That's just the kind of officiating the Chiefs seem to get.

Do you understand 'facetiousness', bub??

Red Dawg
11-08-2014, 09:55 PM
They are pitiful. Not one of them can catch a pass and make a break for the td. Jenkins had one and ran out of bounds unassisted. Alex has thrown a few their way but cam up with zero.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Alex loves WR's the way Hank Hill loves charcoal.

Ming the Merciless
11-08-2014, 10:57 PM

Saccopoo
11-08-2014, 11:02 PM

Hey, Direckshun...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-mXMIrs_AeV0/T-CVJUgG1BI/AAAAAAAAFsw/uC8TEJOqLvo/w640-h400-p-k/MY%2Bgive%2Ba%2Bfuck%2Bis%2Bstill%2Bbroken%2Bbut%2Bmy%2Bgo%2Bfuck%2Byourself%2Bis%2Bstill%2Bfully%2B functional.jpg

okcchief
11-08-2014, 11:30 PM
It is pretty frustrating with the number of rookie receivers who are productive this year that we didn't grab one. Some of it is on Smith and some of it is our receivers are garbage.

rabblerouser
11-09-2014, 04:08 AM
It is pretty frustrating with the number of rookie receivers who are productive this year that we didn't grab one. Some of it is on Smith and some of it is our receivers are garbage.

I don't see how 'some of it is on Smith' when Jenkins stepped out of bounds on a FOR SURE TD pass, Hemingway dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass right through his hands, Avery dropped a possible TD, and Bowe has dropped a couple.

There's at least 5 wasted opportunities, and they are ALL on the WR in question.

FloridaMan88
11-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Really? 13 pages to answer this question?

Simple answer… because they suck.

Reerun_KC
11-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Really? 13 pages to answer this question?

Simple answer… because they suck.
Well that and coaching. But lets blame Smith for everything.

Lack of football knowledge from the usual Yardbirds is amazing.

FloridaMan88
11-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Well that and coaching. But lets blame Smith for everything.

Lack of football knowledge from the usual Yardbirds is amazing.

Just imagine Geno Smith with the Chiefs current group of WR's…

It would make his performance with the Jets this season look Joe Montana-esque.

Reerun_KC
11-09-2014, 10:50 AM

ROFL. So true.

Rausch
11-09-2014, 10:58 AM

You have to give it to Alex. He's performed far better than anyone could have expected this year.

He's the opposite of a Tom Brady or Manning that elevates the play of all around him - he's a slightly above average QB that refuses to allow the level of suck around him to drag him down.

The only thing I can say in Geno's defense is that he had no business starting in year one and that blunder is only made worse by giving up on him early in year two...

Reerun_KC
11-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Geno will be out of the league in less than 3 years.