PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hows that Arenas for Sherman trade?

Titty Meat
10-20-2014, 02:08 PM
SNR

http://i.imgur.com/4r2sqHP.png

ThaVirus
10-20-2014, 02:12 PM
I still contend that was a dumbass trade at the time given how thin we were at CB, the fact that we drafted a FB that very offseason, and how little we actually really use the FB anyway.

It "worked out" pretty well considering Sherman is one of the best at his position and Arenas isn't even in the league as far as I'm aware; but who knows what would have happened if we had kept Arenas. Would he have helped us win that playoff game? I don't recall Sherman having any impact in that game whatsoever while Lord knows we could have used a competent CB..

Sorter
10-20-2014, 02:13 PM
I believe Sherman caught a TD in the playoff game.

ThaVirus
10-20-2014, 02:16 PM
I believe Sherman caught a TD in the playoff game.

Fuck, he did. The Alex Smith hat trick.

I stand corrected.

WhawhaWhat
10-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Arenas isn't even in the league as far as I'm aware.

But Peter King said he was gonna be really good.

alpha_omega
10-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Arenas is still in the league. Atlanta.

Skyy God
10-20-2014, 02:19 PM

Scott Pioli welfare recipient.

Frosty
10-20-2014, 02:20 PM

Yep - part of Atlanta's craptastic defense along with the #3 overall pick in the 2009 draft.

In58men
10-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Scott Pioli welfare recipient.

Dee Ford and Eric Fisher are headed that way too.

Nico Johnson is already there

Skyy God
10-20-2014, 02:37 PM

Johnson signed with the Bengals.

58-4ever
10-20-2014, 02:40 PM
As Shaq would say "How does my ass taste?"

Hootie
10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
It's to the point in Atlanta where they have to start thinking about giving Dimitrioff the boot. It's embarrassing over there at this point

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2014, 02:47 PM
I still contend that was a dumbass trade at the time given how thin we were at CB, the fact that we drafted a FB that very offseason, and how little we actually really use the FB anyway.

It "worked out" pretty well considering Sherman is one of the best at his position and Arenas isn't even in the league as far as I'm aware; but who knows what would have happened if we had kept Arenas. Would he have helped us win that playoff game? I don't recall Sherman having any impact in that game whatsoever while Lord knows we could have used a competent CB..

LOL The fucking egos in this place.

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 02:47 PM
But Peter King said he was gonna be really good.

:hmmm:

ROFL

Along with t-jax and Pioli??

No wonder Atlanta is so terrible now.

TimBone
10-20-2014, 02:48 PM

Fisher has been playing very well. You are just an all around miserable failure.

In58men
10-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Fisher has been playing very well. You are just an all around miserable failure.

I wouldn't say very well. He's had a "couple" good games. Notice how Charles doesn't wanna run in his side?

Frosty
10-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Along with t-jax and Pioli??

No wonder Atlanta is so terrible now.

Along with Jon Asamoah and Patrick DiMarco. Lots of ex-Chiefs.

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Just because you stuck your dick in a crocodile's mouth and got out of the situation unscathed while also finding $500 on the ground doesn't mean it was a good idea in the first place.

Hindsight does not equal wisdom. The sooner this forum figures that shit out now, the better.

Titty Meat
10-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Just because you stuck your dick in a crocodile's mouth and got out of the situation unscathed while also finding $500 on the ground doesn't mean it was a good idea in the first place.

Hindsight does not equal wisdom. The sooner this forum figures that shit out now, the better.

Never thought I'd say this but we might actually have a competent GM.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Or maybe he was like, "oh fuck, this guy sucks, let's get something for him while he's still thought of as something!"

RunKC
10-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Anthony Sherman not only scored a TD, but the following kickoff he made a big tackle.

#keepfuckingdoubtingAnthonySherman

Titty Meat
10-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Anthony Sherman is a good football player. You win games with guys like that.

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Never thought I'd say this but we might actually have a competent GM.

The Sherman trade ended up being the right decision, but it was still irresponsible.

58-4ever
10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
The Sherman trade ended up being the right decision, but it was still irresponsible.

Every time you post anything, it's irresponsible.

nychief
10-20-2014, 03:08 PM

Always wear a condom.

ThaVirus
10-20-2014, 03:09 PM
LOL The fucking egos in this place.

It's not an ego thing at all.

It's easy to sit back and say we made a great decision because our guy is playing well but who knows what would have happened had we held onto Arenas? For all we know, he could have been the guy we needed to get that playoff win in Indy.

He may be playing on a shit Falcons team now but last year he played a significant number of snaps on one of the best defenses in the league in Arizona.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2014, 03:11 PM
in 40 years, CP will still be bringing up old shit.

90 year old CP member "remember that stupid shit you said back in '15?"

91 year old CP member "nope"

90 year old CP member "I don't either but it was stupid. Idiot,Moran!! *cough,cough* ha ha"

91 year old CP member *snore* zzzzZZZ *snore*

nychief
10-20-2014, 03:12 PM
It's not an ego thing at all.

It's easy to sit back and say we made a great decision because our guy is playing well but who knows what would have happened had we held onto Arenas? For all we know, he could have been the guy we needed to get that playoff win in Indy.

He may be playing on a shit Falcons team now but last year he played a significant number of snaps on one of the best defenses in the league in Arizona.

Oh for fuck's sake... are we really going full butterfly effect? Gee...what would have happened if Kennedy had not been shot?

Come on. I think this was a bad corner for a good (obsolete) fullback... one is contributing for the chiefs...the other is on his third team in three years.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Gotta disagree with you, there. I don't even understand this logic, really. I still think you seem nice.

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Gotta disagree with you, there. I don't even understand this logic, really. I still think you seem nice.

It wasn't irresponsible to trade away a position of need for a FB after we already had 2 on the roster....one of those being a rookie we had just drafted?

O.city
10-20-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't think they thought arenas was a serviceable corner. So it doesn't really matter

ThaVirus
10-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Oh for fuck's sake... are we really going full butterfly effect? Gee...what would have happened if Kennedy had not been shot?

Come on. I think this was a bad corner for a good (obsolete) fullback... one is contributing for the chiefs...the other is on his third team in three years.

It just didn't make sense!

We jettisoned a decent player at a premium position in this league where we were extremely thin for a guy that appeared to only be decent as well at a dying position in which we had just spent a draft pick filling that very offseason!

AM I LOSING MY FUCKING MIND HERE I FEEL LIKE IM GOING CRAZY WUT THE FUCK

silver5liter
10-20-2014, 03:18 PM
It wasn't irresponsible to trade away a position of need for a FB after we already had 2 on the roster....one of those being a rookie we had just drafted?

May have been a position of need, but you try not to fill that need with shitty players. Thats what Arenas is.

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Anthony Sherman not only scored a TD, but the following kickoff he made a big tackle.

#keep****ingdoubtingAnthonySherman

No one has been doubting Anthony Sherman.

O.city
10-20-2014, 03:19 PM
They obviously didn't view him as decent, and iirc he asked for a trade.

East decision

Bewbies
10-20-2014, 03:19 PM
It's to the point in Atlanta where they have to start thinking about giving Dimitrioff the boot. It's embarrassing over there at this point

My friends here are all scared shitless that Dimitroff gets the boot and Pioli steps right in. ROFL

jonzie04
10-20-2014, 03:20 PM

:clap:ROFL

I also believe it was a poor decison at the time... that being said though I also thought Dorsey was an idiot for not picking up a safety, and for not drafting a wr this year. But here we are, Abdullah and parker have played great, and our offense is much better than last year(still could have taken a wr though imo) but the point is, maybe Dorsey is just better at us at evaluating talent, maybe it wasnt an irresponsible decison trading for Sherman, because he knew how bad arenas was/how good Sherman was.

Maybe it wasn't a poor decision not signing a safety because he knew how good Abdullah was? I dunno.

nychief
10-20-2014, 03:21 PM
My friends here are all scared shitless that Dimitroff gets the boot and Pioli steps right in. ROFL

I think Dimitroff survives...while Mike Smith goes. Add them to the Harbaugh pursuit, with the Jets and Michigan.

penbrook
10-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Maybe just maybe Dorsey is a hell of a GM. You know what he preaches every year, Depth. And here we are with players Dorsey signed as backups playing like there legitimate starters. Abdullah, Parker, Harris, Howard, Fleming, Cooper. The point is Dorsey knows what he is doing and he is getting it done.

Rausch
10-20-2014, 03:28 PM

I also believe it was a poor decison at the time... that being said though I also thought Dorsey was an idiot for not picking up a safety, and for not drafting a wr this year. But here we are, Abdullah and parker have played great, and our offense is much better than last year(still could have taken a wr though imo) but the point is, maybe Dorsey is just better at us at evaluating talent, maybe it wasnt an irresponsible decison trading for Sherman, because he knew how bad arenas was/how good Sherman was.

Maybe it wasn't a poor decision not signing a safety because he knew how good Abdullah was? I dunno.

And on top of that he knew how good our depth was at WR was and how good our G's would play...

The Franchise
10-20-2014, 03:39 PM

That franchise deserves it.

TEX
10-20-2014, 03:39 PM

Being able to sign Emmanuel Sanders would have REALLY helped. I'm more of the opinion he was damn lucky to be getting the results he's getting now.

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 03:40 PM

Jalil Brown and Vince Agnew.

That's what was awaiting this team at CB until Dorsey went on his annual dumpster dive.

Additionally, he made the trade after pissing away a 6th rounder on a FB and signing an UDFA FB.... not a month later... or after OTAs when he can decide "Hmm... these guys suck balls."

HE DID IT LESS THAN ONE WEEK AFTER MAKING THOSE TWO FB MOVES.

Dorsey gambled. He won. Good for him, and good for the Chiefs.

Doesn't mean hindsight is king.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 03:42 PM
No, not at all. Clearly they didn't see Arenas in their plans and clearly they knew something about Sherman.

Great move. Maybe some of you armchair GM's should understand this the next time?

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Always wear a condom.

You consistently make a strong case for the government to legalize 120th term abortion.

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 03:43 PM
No, not at all. Clearly they didn't see Arenas in their plans and clearly they knew something about Sherman.

Great move. Maybe some of you armchair GM's should understand this the next time?

Sure. Make the trade.

THEN WHY THE FUCK DRAFT BRADEN WILSON

Rausch
10-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Sure. Make the trade.

THEN WHY THE **** DRAFT BRADEN WILSON

Dorsey sucks at the draft...

Hootie
10-20-2014, 03:46 PM
A 6th round pick has about the same value as ... shit, I don't know. Nothing? The obsession with this site and draft picks is so amusing. Finding a starter in the 6th, a productive one, is like flipping a coin 5 times in a row and calling it correctly each time

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Dorsey sucks at the draft...

:facepalm:

Hootie
10-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Sure. Make the trade.

THEN WHY THE FUCK DRAFT BRADEN WILSON
Competition? It's a 6th round pick...I realize this website expects these picks to pan out and be future pro bowl players but, you know, I'm realistic so ...

Rausch
10-20-2014, 03:48 PM
A 6th round pick has about the same value as ... shit, I don't know. Nothing? The obsession with this site and draft picks is so amusing. Finding a starter in the 6th, a productive one, is like flipping a coin 5 times in a row and calling it correctly each time

Our 1st round picks aren't even productive players...

jonzie04
10-20-2014, 03:48 PM
And on top of that he knew how good our depth was at WR was and how good our G's would play...

He isn't perfect, what can I say? :shrug:

And tex, he has been lucky, no gm is a fortune teller or anything. All the good ones get lucky more often than not, But Despite a little luck and a few suspect decisions, I think its clear Dorsey is pretty good at evaluating talent. But yeah sanders would have been really nice for sure.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Our 1st round picks aren't even productive players...
They're 50/50...for every team

Another thing this website is terrible at understanding

ThaVirus
Vince fucking Agnew...

RealSNR
Competition? It's a 6th round pick...I realize this website expects these picks to pan out and be future pro bowl players but, you know, I'm realistic so ...

No, but I expect 6th round picks to be given more than one week to prove they can contribute before getting aborted.

Hootie
10-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Alex Smith, for two 2nds, was an absolute RAPE. And I'm saying that knowing Smith is slightly better than league...It's quite clear the dude plays a brand of football that equates to wins no matter the vendettas or blind eyes the haters on this site cast upon him. He is boring, though.

Rasputin
10-20-2014, 03:52 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i-_hLYHhSOE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
10-20-2014, 03:53 PM
:facepalm:

Here's where you argue that spending first round picks on b/u's is a good idea?

Or where drafting a guy who doesn't hardly contribute at all is a better move than drafting any of the players available at any of our biggest areas of need (WR/CB/OL?)

Sandy Vagina
10-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Loved the trade then... love it now. I get that it's not a high priority, but I would like to see KC give Sherman an extension soon.

... and use him more as a battering ram for JC/Knile on 3rd and short. (or even play-action)

Hootie
10-20-2014, 03:54 PM
No, but I expect 6th round picks to be given more than one week to prove they can contribute before getting aborted.
Why? If the coaching staff thinks, "no, this was a mistake!" Then move on.

I still remember the absolute meltdown this site had when we traded back into the 7th round to take that slap dick TE and Hamas had a mental breakdown...

It was hilarious. Any time you complain about meaningless picks to the point of what I can only assume to be tears, you gotta do it!!!

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Here's where you argue that spending first round picks on b/u's is a good idea?

Or where drafting a guy who doesn't hardly contribute at all is a better move than drafting any of the players available at any of our biggest areas of need (WR/CB/OL?)

I'd like to give the guy more than 2 drafts...

beach tribe
10-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Love that dude.
MFer is a Troll.

"Gotta pay the troll get into this boys soul"

Rausch
10-20-2014, 04:01 PM
I'd like to give the guy more than 2 drafts...

I'd prefer to keep some talent on this team...

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2014, 04:01 PM

This flies in the face of what was hated about Pioli. That stooge had too big of an ego to move on from players that weren't good enough. Wanted to be the smartest guy in the room.

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 04:02 PM

I still remember the absolute meltdown this site had when we traded back into the 7th round to take that slap dick TE and Hamas had a mental breakdown...

It was hilarious. Any time you complain about meaningless picks to the point of what I can only assume to be tears, you gotta do it!!!

If Dorsey did his fucking homework on Sherman like you are claiming he did, then he must have known about him BEFORE the draft.

The fact that the drafted Braden Wilson also means the Chiefs were looking for a new FB in spite of the Shane Bannan pick last year.

So... what was preventing Dorsey from making the trade before the draft? Or even more conveniently... why not just NOT draft a fucking FB?

Could it be that this trade you are a huge fan of WASN'T as calmly calculated as you're claiming it to be?

RunKC
10-20-2014, 04:05 PM
I'd prefer to keep some talent on this team...

What talent has he gotten rid of? Tjack, DMC, Asamoah, Schwartz etc haven't done shit this year

ThaVirus
10-20-2014, 04:09 PM
We could really use Schwartz (just because he got hurt there doesn't mean he would have here). He got paid, though..

Hootie
10-20-2014, 04:12 PM
If Dorsey did his fucking homework on Sherman like you are claiming he did, then he must have known about him BEFORE the draft.

The fact that the drafted Braden Wilson also means the Chiefs were looking for a new FB in spite of the Shane Bannan pick last year.

So... what was preventing Dorsey from making the trade before the draft? Or even more conveniently... why not just NOT draft a fucking FB?

Could it be that this trade you are a huge fan of WASN'T as calmly calculated as you're claiming it to be?
I was indifferent to the trade. Totally indifferent. I don't do revisionist history. I'm also the same guy that didn't think it was Armageddon when we didn't trade a 5th for Santonio Holmes. There are always mitigating factors behind trades that fans aren't aware of...

I let the GM do his job, watch the results, and then if he fucking sucks, the players fucking suck, and 9/10 moves fucking suck...I start to think, "gee! This guy fucking sucks!"

I stay away from wasting 5000 posts on Geno Smith and getting worked up about 5th round draft flops.

I leave those posts for judging the product on the field. Can't believe, after week 1, we look like a playoff caliber team in a year I figured we were toast. Kudos to the front office and the head coach.

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 04:13 PM
I let the GM do his job, watch the results, and then if he fucking sucks, the players fucking suck, and 9/10 moves fucking suck...I start to think, "gee! This guy fucking sucks!"

LMAO

Since when? You've got as many loudmouthed opinions as I do.

Also, you didn't answer my question.

Rausch
10-20-2014, 04:14 PM
What talent has he gotten rid of? Tjack, DMC, Asamoah, Schwartz etc haven't done shit this year

None of the starters he's added to this team have done $3it either.

The players he's lost or cut were all better than who he put in there other than Abdullah and Kelce.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Being able to sign Emmanuel Sanders would have REALLY helped. I'm more of the opinion he was damn lucky to be getting the results he's getting now.

El way's under the table cash to Emanuel = no chance

Saccopoo
10-20-2014, 05:09 PM

I'm curious...

Since you hate everything about the Chiefs, what would you do different?

You bitch about nearly everyone on the roster, the coaching staff, the front office, etc.

I'd love to see your solution. How the team would be better if you got to call all the shots.

Seriously.

O.city
10-20-2014, 05:21 PM
I don't think they're lucky to be where they are. They chose this route. They decided to go with youth and build and coach up the talent they thought they could.

O.city
10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
None of the starters he's added to this team have done $3it either.

The players he's lost or cut were all better than who he put in there other than Abdullah and Kelce.

Or davis. Or Harris at RT. Or either of the middle linebackers currently playing. Or Thomas. Or parker. Or Sean smith.

Jesus

SAUTO
10-20-2014, 05:34 PM
They obviously didn't view him as decent, and iirc he asked for a trade.

East decision

What were the other directional decisions?

SAUTO
10-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh and WTF IS a directional decision?

O.city
10-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Easy. Sorry I'm on my phone

ILChief
10-20-2014, 06:15 PM

Headed which way? Atlanta?

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Easy. Sorry I'm on my phone

Omar Easy?

rabblerouser
10-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Headed which way? Atlanta?

Cincy. The other overrated home for former Chiefs.

-King-
10-20-2014, 06:31 PM

Why do you assume that teams have players available 365 days of the year? Maybe Sherman wasn't available before the draft. Maybe the Cardinals didn't draft the corner they wanted to during the draft and making that trade was the only way to get a corner.

RealSNR
10-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Why do you assume that teams have players available 365 days of the year? Maybe Sherman wasn't available before the draft. Maybe the Cardinals didn't draft the corner they wanted to during the draft and making that trade was the only way to get a corner.
They drafted Tyrann Mathieu.

Seems to me like they got the corner they wanted.

-King-
10-20-2014, 07:26 PM
They drafted Tyrann Mathieu.

Seems to me like they got the corner they wanted.

Tyrann is a safety.