Hootie
10-26-2014, 07:11 AM
I'm still so fucking mad

4 - 1

Kelvin Herrera
Wade Davis
Greg Holland

are you fucking kidding me?

Bochy is going to be smart enough to smart Petit in game 7 and then we're really going to be fucked, too.

J Diddy
10-26-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm of the opinion that Yost didn't try very hard to win this game despite having a decent lead.

For that he gets an AIDS turkey burger.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 07:14 AM
I'll never get over the fact he refuses to use Wade Davis correctly.

I sure hope we win the World Series.

We're the better team.

But we're going to have to win 2 elimination games in a row...because the odds of us winning tonight against Bumgarner are not great.

J Diddy
10-26-2014, 07:15 AM
I'll never get over the fact he refuses to use Wade Davis correctly.

I sure hope we win the World Series.

We're the better team.

But we're going to have to win 2 elimination games in a row...because the odds of us winning tonight against Bumgarner are not great.

Agreed. Last night was a very, very winnable game.

Bumgarner is a beast.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 07:20 AM
and not only was I fucking pissed last night

but some white trash 3 tooth mother fucker was trolling me at the bowling alley as I had an absolute all-time meltdown during the 6th inning last night

I hated it.

I really fucking hated it.

TambaBerry
10-26-2014, 07:24 AM
Yep, I'm still pissed the fuck off. We should have scored 7 against that shit pitcher last night. I felt like we got a 3 run lead and our team was like well we got this now.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 07:25 AM
No, we scored runs against the right guy.

I knew when they brought in Petit we were done scoring.

I knew it.

But 4-1 should have been more than enough.

...and Ned could've stopped the bleeding at 4-4

but he chose not to

because we can't pitch our "setup" guy in the 6th inning. Because he's a "setup" guy.

ooooook

GloryDayz
10-26-2014, 07:37 AM
Yes he does... He better pitch like he's pitching for a payday!

And if they're not giving the black he better not keep trying. If so, and if his arm is too far gone that he can't blow it by them, then he needs to be asked out of the game.

We can't afford for his pride and confidence to fuck us out of a win!

Eleazar
10-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Would you quit jinxing the team already

Hootie
10-26-2014, 07:44 AM
fuck you

I can talk about the Royals however I want whenever I want

I participated in the GDT the entire season. Arguably the most active Royals poster. So you can kindly go fuck yourself.

GloryDayz
10-26-2014, 07:50 AM
fuck you

I participated in the GDT the entire season. Arguably the most active Royals poster. So you can kindly go fuck yourself.

ATTABOY!!! That's the spirit!!!

ARROW2
10-26-2014, 07:53 AM
last night........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"If it ain't about the money.......don't be blowin me up......."

milkman
10-26-2014, 07:53 AM
**** you

I participated in the GDT the entire season. Arguably the most active Royals poster. So you can kindly go **** yourself.

MARSHA
MARSHA
MARSHA

Hootie
10-26-2014, 07:55 AM
k milkman

I saw exactly 0 GDT posts from you in Royals threads in the regular season this year

so good for you, you big Royals fan you

milkman
10-26-2014, 07:58 AM
k milkman

I saw exactly 0 GDT posts from you in Royals threads in the regular season this year

I posted rarely because I am not watching the games, except on the rare occasions when they are televised nationally or playing one of the local teams.

But I did follow the game threads to follow the games, and my previous post has nothing to do with the games, and everything to do with your teanage girl angst posting style.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:00 AM
sounds good, man

glad to see the Royals in the WS to reward such diehards like yourself

Al Bundy
10-26-2014, 08:01 AM
I'd be very surprised if Shields actually shows up today. This has giving up 3 runs in the first inning written all over it.

milkman
10-26-2014, 08:03 AM
k milkman

I only have questions here and there to contribute to game threads, so I'm sorry that I don't come in crying like a little bitch just to prove my fandom.

Good on you, Jan.

Gravedigger
10-26-2014, 08:06 AM
I'd start Ventura tonight, Big Game Shields doesn't exist anymore.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2014, 08:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/122CCbp.jpg

milkman
10-26-2014, 08:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/122CCbp.jpg

Ouch.

LMAO

Lex Luthor
10-26-2014, 08:17 AM
and not only was I ****ing pissed last night

but some white trash 3 tooth mother ****er was trolling me at the bowling alley as I had an absolute all-time meltdown during the 6th inning last night

I hated it.

I really ****ing hated it.

Wait a ****ing minute. It was game 4 of the World Series, we haven't been in the World Series in 29 years, AND YOU WERE IN A BOWLING ALLEY?

I bowl in 3 leagues, average 220, and I've bowled multiple 300s and 800s. I think it's safe to say I'm a pretty dedicated bowler. I told my teammates that on nights the Royals play in the World Series, they have to bowl without me because I have to watch the game. At home is fine. In a sports bar is fine. Down at Power and Light is fine. But watching it in a bowling alley isn't fine. There are way too many distractions in a bowling alley, including the fact that you have to stop watching the game in order to throw your bowling ball down the lane 50 to 60 times.

Turn in your fan card. You're not a true fan. You're a bowler who glances up at the TV every now and then to see what the score is.

For shame, dude. For shame.

MotherfuckerJones
10-26-2014, 08:17 AM
MARSHA
MARSHA
MARSHA

LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Wait a ****ing minute. It was game 4 of the World Series, we haven't been in the World Series in 29 years, AND YOU WERE IN A BOWLING ALLEY?

I bowl in 3 leagues, average 220, and I've bowled multiple 300s and 800s. I think it's safe to say I'm a pretty dedicated bowler. I told my teammates that on nights the Royals play in the World Series, they have to bowl without me because I have to watch the game. At home is fine. In a sports bar is fine. Down at Power and Light is fine. But watching it in a bowling alley isn't fine. There are way too many distractions in a bowling alley, including the fact that you have to stop watching the game in order to throw your bowling ball down the lane 50 to 60 times.

Turn in your fan card. You're not a true fan. You're a bowler who glances up at the TV every now and then to see what the score is.

For shame, dude. For shame.

Agreed. I'm not even a Royals fan and I was glued to that game last night.

Hootie, for shame. Your bad bowling alley karma fucked the Royals.

Lex Luthor
10-26-2014, 08:20 AM
I'd start Ventura tonight, Big Game Shields doesn't exist anymore.

Nope, not on short rest. If Shields shits the bed tonight, at least we come back to KC for games 6 and 7 with starters with full rest, and they're the guys who started the games we won.

MotherfuckerJones
10-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Lol it's all your fault hootie

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:22 AM
yeah, ok

I watched 120+ regular season Royals games this year

let me know if you can match that ... and then maybe you can talk to me about being a Royals fan

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:25 AM
not to mention the fact bowling was done by 7:30

and not to mention the fact the bowling alley our league is in has about a trillion TVs that were all on the WS even while I was bowling during those first 2 innings

Hammock Parties
10-26-2014, 08:27 AM
not to mention the fact bowling was done by 7:30

and not to mention the fact the bowling alley our league is in has about a trillion TVs that were all on the WS even while I was bowling during those first 2 innings

Acceptable IMO.

You are forgiven.

10-26-2014, 08:27 AM
Oh look a fan dick measuring contest with only one contestant.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2014, 08:29 AM
So Hootie was done bowling by 7:30, but some white trash 3-toothed motherfucker was trolling him as he was having a meltdown while bowling in the 6th inning of a game that started at 7:15.

Makes sense.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:30 AM
So Hootie was done bowling by 7:30, but some white trash 3-toothed motherfucker was trolling him as he was having a meltdown while bowling in the 6th inning of a game that started at 7:15.

Makes sense.

he was trolling me, you dumbfuck, while I was sitting at the bar in the bowling alley watching the game

and, of course

you guessed it

he was a Cardinals fan

any fucking thing else?

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:31 AM
and, since you so astutely follow my posts, you'd have read that I was so mad that I got up and wasted $300 in the gambling machines

PRETTY FUCKING HARD TO DO THAT IF YOU'RE BOWLING, EH?

God you're such a dumb genius.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2014, 08:31 AM
he was trolling me, you dumbfuck, while I was sitting at the bar in the bowling alley watching the game

and, of course

you guessed it

he was a Cardinals fan

any fucking thing else?

You watched a World Series game of a team you live an die for at a bowling alley while you're calling out other fans and gambling?

ROFL

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Oh look a fan dick measuring contest with only one contestant.

not impressed with the bandwagoners who decide they need to talk shit to someone who actually followed the team during the 162 game regular season

MotherfuckerJones
10-26-2014, 08:32 AM
For some reason I'm picturing hootie crying like the baby in Who Framed Roger Rabbit after he lost his stogie.

Simply Red
10-26-2014, 08:34 AM
How is the food at the bowling alley?

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:35 AM
You watched a World Series game of a team you live an die for at a bowling alley while you're calling out other fans and gambling?

ROFL

first off, fuck head

this bowling alley is owned by my best friends family

my best friend bartends on Saturday night

I bowl in a league at 5:30 on Saturdays

the bar is AN EXCELLENT PLACE to watch sports

I live in Illinois.

Exactly ZERO people cheer for the Royals other than me.

WHERE THE FUCK ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO WATCH THE GAME?

BUFFALO WILD WINGS?

JFC

is this a real conversation right now?

I watched game 3 in my living room and invited friends over

is that more acceptable?

...what?

milkman
10-26-2014, 08:35 AM
not impressed with the bandwagoners who decide they need to talk shit to someone who actually followed the team during the 162 game regular season

If I was talking shit about your opinion, then that reaction might be warranted.

I was talking shit about the manner in which you express those opinions, which is an entirely different thing.

But then I shouldn't expect a grown man with a tean age girl's mentality to be able to discern the difference.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:36 AM
How is the food at the bowling alley?

It's actually incredible.

Amazing place.

oldorchardinc.com

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:37 AM
I can't believe I was just chastised for watching a "WS game" at a bar in Central Illinois.

God forbid I watched a game on a 60" TV in a bar with full sound while drinking for free. Man, what a terrible fan that makes me.

Lex Luthor
10-26-2014, 08:39 AM
yeah, ok

let me know if you can match that ... and then maybe you can talk to me about being a Royals fan

:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

How many of those were on nights you were bowling and you just happened to glance up at the TV every now and then to check on the score?

If the answer is "none", then I just have to say "Way to step up in the World Series!".

But if we are going to trot our credentials as Royals fans, how about if you tell me who is the only Royals player ever to hit a grand slam, find out that it didn't count because the first base umpire had called timeout right before the pitch, and then turn around and hit a 3-run double?

Well?

By the way, before you turn to Google to find the answer: it's damn hard to find. You can find it with Google if you already know the name of the player, but I was not able to find it just by searching for things like "Royals grand slam time out" and "Royals grand slam doesn't count", ... etc. I know the answer because I was listening to the game on the radio when it happened.

But that's me. I'm a Royals fan. :p

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2014, 08:39 AM
I can't believe I was just chastised for watching a "WS game" at a bar in Central Illinois.

God forbid I watched a game on a 60" TV in a bar with full sound while drinking for free. Man, what a terrible fan that makes me.

Don't forget the $300 dollars you lost despite having clairvoyance. That must have really hurt.

10-26-2014, 08:40 AM
I can't believe you pulled the "how many game threads did you participate in" card and the I'm a better fan than you card.

I get so sick of that shit on this board. Don't care who does it. We are all fans and we all watch in whatever way we choose too. Shit, we are all fans of KC teams. Look what we have all been through over the decades. NONE of us, NOT ONE, has the right to call out any other fan of our teams. NONE.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:41 AM
If I was talking shit about your opinion, then that reaction might be warranted.

I was talking shit about the manner in which you express those opinions, which is an entirely different thing.

But then I shouldn't expect a grown man with a tean age girl's mentality to be able to discern the difference.

have a hard time taking anyone seriously right now

let's see

before the series I said, "well Bochy should probably start Petit over Vogelsong because Petit > Vogelson and it's not close."

Those posts are on this website.

And then, when we go up 2-1, I just assume they are going to be smart and start Bumgarner over Vogelsong.

When they don't, I make a thread lololololol'ing because it was such a TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE decision

and then Vogelsong goes a whole 2 2/3 innings and puts their team in a HUGE hole where Petit has to come in

and

totally rapes us, like I knew he would

and we choke

...so

...not quite sure why I'm taking any shit

you know, because

...I've called this series 100% correctly

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:43 AM
I can't believe you pulled the "how many game threads did you participate in" card and the I'm a better fan than you card.

I get so sick of that shit on this board. Don't care who does it. We are all fans and we all watch in whatever way we choose too. Shit, we are all fans of KC teams. Look what we have all been through over the decades. NONE of us, NOT ONE, has the right to call out any other fan of our teams. NONE.

I'll pull whatever card I want to pull on ChiefsPlanet.com.

I'm 1 of about 10 on this site that followed the Royals the entire year day in and day out.

so I can react or get as emotional or overreact in any way I see fit

milkman
10-26-2014, 08:43 AM
have a hard time taking anyone seriously right now

let's see

before the series I said, "well Bochy should probably start Petit over Vogelsong because Petit > Vogelson and it's not close."

Those posts are on this website.

And then, when we go up 2-1, I just assume they are going to be smart and start Bumgarner over Vogelsong.

When they don't, I make a thread lololololol'ing because it was such a TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE decision

and then Vogelsong goes a whole 2 2/3 innings and puts their team in a HUGE hole where Petit has to come in

and

totally rapes us, like I knew he would

and we choke

...so

...not quite sure why I'm taking any shit

you know, because

...I've called this series 100% correctly

None of that matters.

I actively agreed with some of your opinions, but I laugh at the manner in which you present them, and make fun of it.

You're a teen age girl in a man's body.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Don't forget the $300 dollars you lost despite having clairvoyance. That must have really hurt.

don't feel like looking up that word to figure out what that means

but couldn't watch another second after the Sandoval hit and the only thing that made me feel better was the pure misery of wasting money into the welfare machines

first time in my life I was happy to lose $300

MotherfuckerJones
10-26-2014, 08:46 AM
None of that matters.

I actively agreed with some of your opinions, but I laugh at the manner in which you present them, and make fun of it.

Now all I can think of is that damn Marsha ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Hootie, die hard Royals fan:

maybe for the typical Reed Johnson type player...

but the Cubs have SUPERSTARS...

Derrek Lee, superstar.
Aramis Ramirez, superstar.
Alfonso Soriano, superstar.

These guys will be producing into their late thirties.

And their pitching is rock solid...

AND

unlock the Cardinals...

They are always buyers in the offseason.

You are insane if you prefer the state of your organization over the state of the Cubs organization...

They are STACKED.

Why do the Cubs need a farm system? CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

YOU GOT BLANCO'D!

Back to the farm system...

We are set at LF, RF, 3rd, SS, 2nd, 1st, C and have a damn good pitching staff...

so have fun with your one top prospect and 5 other stiffs that might turn out but probably not...

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:47 AM
None of that matters.

don't care

I'm emotionally invested in this team. 100%

can't stand the fact we let the game yesterday get away

can't stand the fact that I would have outmanaged our manager

that's a really tough pill for me to swallow

GloryDayz
10-26-2014, 08:48 AM
I'd be very surprised if Shields actually shows up today. This has giving up 3 runs in the first inning written all over it.

Well if that happens, it's on Ned... One run and he's done. Hell, 2 hits and he should be done. We don't have time for him to wait until the 2nd inning to find himself and control. I suspect we're going to have enough trouble putting up runs tonight, we don't need to play down by three runs in the first.

After all, we don't swing level bats - ask Joe Buck! and we shure a hell don't bunt when the situation calls for it! So yeah, he'd be on a short leash to say the least.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/31/8a/9f/318a9fbdbf3a4b31e876a5e11dd3a9ba.jpg

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:50 AM
do I really have to go through this again?

I grew up in Lenexa, Kansas.

5 - 12

spent summers in Illinois with my mom

moved to Illinois for good when I was 12

decided in 2009 that I was going to be a better Royals fan when I purchased MLB.TV, mostly because of my obsession with Zack Greinke at the time, and the fact it seemed like they were finally starting to try

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:52 AM
when I lived in Dallas for a year, I certainly cheered for the Rangers, too

I live in Central Illinois. I'm allowed to be a Cubs fan.

I'M SO FUCKING GLAD I'M SMART ENOUGH TO NEVER CHEER FOR THE FUCKING CARDINALS

at least I never took the easy way out

I'm so tired of Cardinals fans.

Pretty fucking easy to cheer for a team that always wins. I find it hilarious that all of my friends are Cardinals fans, and none of them cheer for the Rams.

They are all Packers fans.

Packers and Cardinals.

Packers and Cardinals.

Yeah. Ok.

Central Illinois.

Packers.

Cardinals.

okkkkk

okcchief
10-26-2014, 08:53 AM
I agree that he should have extended Davis last night. You could have put away that game and took total command of the series.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2014, 08:54 AM
You can't be a sports bigamist and call out other fans for their lack of passion.

It's just another example of your endless doublespeak dipshittery.

This guy over here isn't a fan because I watched 120 Royals games this year. Well, while he was toiling with 100 loss teams you were attaching yourself to the nuts of the Cubs.

One sport, one team. It's understood by everyone, and it should definitely be known by those who trump themselves as overly dedicated superfans.

Valiant
10-26-2014, 08:54 AM
don't care

I'm emotionally invested in this team. 100%

can't stand the fact we let the game yesterday get away

can't stand the fact that I would have outmanaged our manager

that's a really tough pill for me to swallow

Almost everything you have questioned has turned out the opposite.

okcchief
10-26-2014, 08:55 AM
A game like last night also pains me to think about how ridiculous this team could have been without the Hochaever injury. We've missed the quality long relief guy.

Hootie
I don't have a single IRL friend that considers me more of a Cubs fan than a Royals fan...and these are people that grew up with me. They know where my allegiances are. Pretty hard to be serious about a perennial 100 loss team as a teenager especially during '98 when you know what was happening.

and as a freshmen in college at ISU in 2003

you're god damned right I was all out cheering for the Cubs

absolutely devastating Alex Gonzalez fucked that up

almost as devastating as not turning to Wade Davis in the 6th inning yesterday

GloryDayz
do I really have to go through this again?

I grew up in Lenexa, Kansas.

5 - 12

spent summers in Illinois with my mom

moved to Illinois for good when I was 12

decided in 2009 that I was going to be a better Royals fan when I purchased MLB.TV, mostly because of my obsession with Zack Greinke at the time, and the fact it seemed like they were finally starting to try

Fuck Zach "I miss my Mommy" Greinke. He's an asshole and I hope he gets beat-up on the mound every night his ass shows up! I don't care how good he is, fuck him! He needs over-sized butt-plugs shoved in all his holes, starting with his vag!

Hootie
10-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Almost everything you have questioned has turned out the opposite.

no it hasn't

please

list examples

I dare you.

I've called this series to a T.

WilliamTheIrish
10-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Deez threads... LMAO

LoneWolf
10-26-2014, 08:59 AM
sounds good, man

glad to see the Royals in the WS to reward such diehards like yourself

So you judge the veracity of someone's fanhood by the number of posts they have in game day threads? That's fucking stupid. I've watched all but a handful of Royals games this year, but I only sporadically post in the GDT. I find those threads annoying with all of the bitching about the umps and bashing every decision made by the manager. I was pissed about the game last night and posted a few things I'm ashamed of this morning.

I assure you that your Royals fandom isn't greater than mine and the fact that you post more in GDTs doesn't prove otherwise. It only shows that you enjoy message boards more and also feel a need to tell everyone how smart you think you are.

10-26-2014, 09:00 AM

I'm 1 of about 10 on this site that followed the Royals the entire year day in and day out.

Still doesn't make you a better fan than anyone else. i commend that you have all this time to devote to the Royals but thats as far as it goes.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 09:00 AM
You can't be a sports bigamist and call out other fans for their lack of passion.

It's just another example of your endless doublespeak dipshittery.

This guy over here isn't a fan because I watched 120 Royals games this year. Well, while he was toiling with 100 loss teams you were attaching yourself to the nuts of the Cubs.

One sport, one team. It's understood by everyone, and it should definitely be known by those who trump themselves as overly dedicated superfans.

no fucking way

you are definitely allowed to cheer for your hometown team, or the local team, or both

you are not allowed to live in Central Illinois and cheer for the New England Patriots...unless you grew up in Boston

I am allowed to cheer for Kansas City and Illinois teams however I see fit.

Born in Champaign, moved to Naperville, lived in Lenexa from 5 - 10 and Overland Park from 10 - 12, moved back to Champaign from 12 - 26, Lived in Dallas from 26 - 27, and now live back in Champaign from 27 - present.

I am 100% allowed to cheer for the Royals and the Cubs. 100%. I went to 10 Rangers games the David Freese year and HATED when they lost that WS to the Cardinals. Hated it. Wore my Josh Hamilton (lol) Texas shirt the entire series.

Lived in Dallas. It was allowed.

My dad grew up in Detroit. Loves the Tigers. Also cheers for the Royals. He's been in Kansas City now for 25 years.

He's not allowed to be a Royals fan because he grew up in Detroit?

...no, you're wrong

Valiant
10-26-2014, 09:02 AM
no it hasn't

please

list examples

I dare you.

I've called this series to a T.

We can go with your thread before this.

Your trade deadline analysis. Most posts in the Royals repositories.

Your passion is fine when they win, but man you get so hateful on the team. And forget a lot of it.

MotherfuckerJones
10-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Hootie, have a snickers. You're a brat when you're hungry.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 09:03 AM
the point is

it's TOUGH to be a baseball fan

162 games.

It's the easiest sport to not watch. It's really hard to watch.

It's why Pete is an amazing fan. Dude watches every fucking game. I love it. He's still a dipshit.

I literally have no life. None. It's embarrassingly awful. The only thing I looked forward to this entire year was getting off work and watching the Royals.

I had a literal obsession with golf this summer...and I kid you not, I'd be on the course...and I'd have the Royals on the radio on my cell phone in my pocket as I was walking the U of I course on at least 10 different occasions.

my friends were so tired of me talking about Alex Gordon's outfield defense it became an ongoing joke as they mocked me for "a fake stat" that I made up in defensive runs saved (they're dumb)

I get to act however I want during this World Series. I earned it. And I don't care what any of you think.

splatbass
10-26-2014, 09:04 AM
yeah, ok

I watched about 1 game this season, because that is all that is on TV out here in the middle of the Pacific, and because of the time difference most of the games would be on while I'm at work anyway. Does that mean I'm less a fan than you? :banghead:

You can't judge how much of a fan someone is just by how many games they watch. I've been a fan since they played in Municipal Stadium.

Lex Luthor
10-26-2014, 09:05 AM
A game like last night also pains me to think about how ridiculous this team could have been without the Hochaever injury. We've missed the quality long relief guy.
Things might have been totally different, and not necessarily in a good way. When the Royals went to spring training they still considered Wade Davis a candidate for the starting rotation. There's no reason to think he'd have done any better as a starter this year than he did last year. Instead of HDH we'd have had HHH (which does have a nice ring to it).

However, if they bring Hochevar back next year as a long reliever and bring back HDH, you can't ask for a better bullpen than that.

Al Bundy
Hootie, have a snickers. You're a brat when you're hungry.

ROFL

Al Bundy
I watched 150+ Royals games this year, 25 in person.

Hootie
We can go with your thread before this.

Your trade deadline analysis. Most posts in the Royals repositories.

Your passion is fine when they win, but man you get so hateful on the team. And forget a lot of it.

before this?

when I mocked them for starting Vogelsong, who promptly gave us a HUGE ADVANTAGE in yesterday's game?

or when I said

"they should really start Petit over Vogelsong since our team really struggles with guys like Petit."

and, to this day, I'd still trade Shields/Holland for Taveras and wouldn't ever think twice about it...even knowing what I know now

milkman
the point is

it's TOUGH to be a baseball fan

162 games.

It's the easiest sport to not watch. It's really hard to watch.

It's why Pete is an amazing fan. Dude watches every ****ing game. I love it. He's still a dipshit.

I literally have no life. None. It's embarrassingly awful. The only thing I looked forward to this entire year was getting off work and watching the Royals.

I had a literal obsession with golf this summer...and I kid you not, I'd be on the course...and I'd have the Royals on the radio on my cell phone in my pocket as I was walking the U of I course on at least 10 different occasions.

my friends were so tired of me talking about Alex Gordon's outfield defense it became an ongoing joke as they mocked me for "a fake stat" that I made up in defensive runs saved (they're dumb)

I get to act however I want during this World Series. I earned it. And I don't care what any of you think.

You get to act anyway you want, Jan.

We get to make fun of it, bitch.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2014, 09:06 AM

I remember when people said, 'well never beat Jon Lester in a playoff game'

Hootie
I watched about 1 game this season, because that is all that is on TV out here in the middle of the Pacific, and because of the time difference most of the games would be on while I'm at work anyway. Does that mean I'm less a fan than you? :banghead:

this year?

Yes. It does. 100%

Hootie
I remember when people said, 'well never beat Jon Lester in a playoff game'

as a poker player

I know what it means to have a 30% chance to win

and as someone short on luck

I'll just say this

don't like our chances today

Hootie
10-26-2014, 09:08 AM
I watched 150+ Royals games this year, 25 in person.

liar

and you're a fucking troll

you participated in ZERO postseason GDT's

and only popped in when Shields sucked WS game 1, because you're a troll

a dumb fucking troll

and I literally hope you get Ebola

Hootie
10-26-2014, 09:09 AM
You get to act anyway you want, Jan.

We get to make fun of it, bitch.

Cool.

I'm a Kansas City fan.

I know how these things end.

it's a shame our "setup" guy can only be used in certain situations

dirk digler
10-26-2014, 09:10 AM
no fucking way

you are definitely allowed to cheer for your hometown team, or the local team, or both

you are not allowed to live in Central Illinois and cheer for the New England Patriots...unless you grew up in Boston

I am allowed to cheer for Kansas City and Illinois teams however I see fit.

Born in Champaign, moved to Naperville, lived in Lenexa from 5 - 10 and Overland Park from 10 - 12, moved back to Champaign from 12 - 26, Lived in Dallas from 26 - 27, and now live back in Champaign from 27 - present.

I am 100% allowed to cheer for the Royals and the Cubs. 100%. I went to 10 Rangers games the David Freese year and HATED when they lost that WS to the Cardinals. Hated it. Wore my Josh Hamilton (lol) Texas shirt the entire series.

Lived in Dallas. It was allowed.

My dad grew up in Detroit. Loves the Tigers. Also cheers for the Royals. He's been in Kansas City now for 25 years.

He's not allowed to be a Royals fan because he grew up in Detroit?

...no, you're wrong

So if you moved to Oakland or Denver it is ok to root for the Raiders\Donkeys?

10-26-2014, 09:11 AM
liar

a dumb fucking troll

JFC

You wonder why you get banned.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 09:11 AM
I'm so dumb about baseball, I make posts like this:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11022965&postcount=22

splatbass
10-26-2014, 09:14 AM
this year?

Yes. It does. 100%

Then you're an ignorant asshole.

But at least I miss the games because I live in beautiful Hawaii, instead of whatever shithole you live in that allows you to watch all the games.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 09:16 AM
Then you're an ignorant asshole.

But at least I miss the games because I live in beautiful Hawaii, instead of whatever shithole you live in that allows you to watch all the games.

I hear ya, man.

My life would totally suck without sports.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 09:16 AM
I do apologize, though.

I went too far. I was pretty distraught after last night and I needed to vent. So heartbreaking.

Dave Lane
10-26-2014, 09:18 AM
We are going to lose this one. We have to sweep at home.

Bl00dyBizkitz
10-26-2014, 09:19 AM
I do apologize, though.

I went too far. I was pretty distraught after last night and I needed to vent. So heartbreaking.

The series is 2-2 dude. Regardless of madbum, this series is very winnable.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 09:19 AM

we're definitely a long shot today

but, if nothing else, those 25 guys are resilient as can be

dirk digler
10-26-2014, 09:23 AM

We have a chance in this game hopefully but I do agree with Hootie we should have brought in the cyborg's early and probably not let Vargas come back in the 5th.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-26-2014, 09:24 AM
This game is 60-40 Giants at best. Stop navel gazing. You've lost two games this postseason. Fucking two.

Wallcrawler
10-26-2014, 09:32 AM
This game is 60-40 Giants at best. Stop navel gazing. You've lost two games this postseason. Fucking two.

This.

The series is tied, and two of the next three games are at the K. I get frustration that we didn't go up 3-1, but that's what world championship caliber teams do when their back is to the wall, they step the fuck up. Anyone expecting the Giants to just roll over was a fucking idiot. They caught fire in the batter's box at the right time.

Finnegan's stuff was good. He didn't go out and melt down, the Giants were simply locked in on the baseball.

Melt down and freak the fuck out if they lose the series, but don't do that shit with the series tied. God damn.

James will step up tonight and deliver. He will. Bumgarner is a far different pitcher at home, he gives up double his road ERA at home.

HDH is going to be fresh and ready to lock it down for us.

The way the Giants were zoned in last night, they could have gotten hits off of Hererra or Davis. I have a hard time thinking that a hard fastball would have been something they would have had a problem hitting the way they were swinging the bats last night.

It was a bad game. The Giants have delivered a couple of those themselves and we're tied. Put it away and focus on this game.

dirk digler
10-26-2014, 09:36 AM

Fine. So let's go back to talking about fandom. Did you know that as a Chief fan if you move to Denver you now can root for the Donkeys? How awesome is that?

MotherfuckerJones
10-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Joe is a bigger fan than John because Joe watched all of the Royals games, while John works nights and can only watch day games.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2014, 09:41 AM
I get frustration that we didn't go up 3-1, but that's what world championship caliber teams do when their back is to the wall, they step the **** up. Anyone expecting the Giants to just roll over was a ****ing idiot.

This is what alot of fans have a hard time dealing with. Sometimes you can do all the right things and still lose.

Give some credit to the Giants. They stepped up, They are a damn good team.

Mav
10-26-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm so dumb about baseball, I make posts like this:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=11022965&postcount=22
Well they didn't start petit. They won't start petit. Too valuable to the bullpen

TambaBerry
10-26-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure why everyone gives hootie so much shit. He's one of my favorite posters on this board.

okcchief
10-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Just because you don't post about every Royals games every god damn game doesn't mean you are not just as die hard. It might mean you have a career, a wife and 2 kids. Some of us don't have unlimited time to post on message boards. Not knocking anyone's life just pointing out people have different responsibilites. That's just fucking stupid.

lcarus
10-26-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure why everyone gives hootie so much shit. He's one of my favorite posters on this board.

Probably because he gets on people a lot and they hold a grudge about shit like that for whatever reason.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Well they didn't start petit. They won't start petit. Too valuable to the bullpen

Well, that's dumb. Really dumb.

Look.

We were up 4-1. If Vargas gets us to the 6th, or Finnegan, or anybody with the lead...

game over.

Amazing you're wasting your 2nd best pitcher in the Danny Duffy role.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Just because you don't post about every Royals games every god damn game doesn't mean you are not just as die hard. It might mean you have a career, a wife and 2 kids. Some of us don't have unlimited time to post on message boards. Not knocking anyone's life just pointing out people have different responsibilites. That's just fucking stupid.

I agree, man.

I have no life. Admittedly so.

Sadly, sports are really the only reason I get any joy out of life. So, maybe it's offensive when I say "whoa, I'm a better fan than you!" but if you dig a little deeper I'm really saying, "fuck. My life sucks."

Mav
10-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Well, that's dumb. Really dumb.

Look.

We were up 4-1. If Vargas gets us to the 6th, or Finnegan, or anybody with the lead...

game over.

Amazing you're wasting your 2nd best pitcher in the Danny Duffy role.
I won't argue with it....

I was confused why the first time we saw petit in this series was game four....

Hootie
10-26-2014, 10:06 AM
I have a feeling that

if this goes 7

Petit is game 7 starter

Mav
10-26-2014, 10:07 AM
I have a feeling that

if this goes 7

Petit is game 7 starter
I could see that....probably with bum out of the bull pen

GloryDayz
10-26-2014, 10:09 AM
So if you moved to Oakland or Denver it is ok to root for the Raiders\Donkeys?

Reported!

KCUnited
10-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Just 2 years ago, I started a September GDT that went 39 posts. We've all come a long way.

okcchief
10-26-2014, 10:22 AM
I agree, man.

I have no life. Admittedly so.

Sadly, sports are really the only reason I get any joy out of life. So, maybe it's offensive when I say "whoa, I'm a better fan than you!" but if you dig a little deeper I'm really saying, "fuck. My life sucks."
Believe me. If I was single we wouldn't be much different.

I cried when Chambliss homered when I was 5.

I cried when Willie Wilson struck out the final at bat of the WS in 80.

I jumped up and down with my brothers game 6 in 85.

I went to hundreds of games with my dad growing up.

I've worn Royals gear around OKC for years getting funny looks.

I've cussed the organization for not fielding a competitive product for years.

If nothing else this year has made me bond with my kids over the Royals. They are hooked. Something I really thought would never happen.

I agree with you that Ned should have brought in Wade earlier but I also think back to spring and think I would take the Royals tied at 2 games with 2 out of 3 at the K left regardless of the circumstances. I also have a strange feeling we will win tonight. Just try to enjoy the ride dude. Don't get me wrong. I really want to win. I know these chances don't come often. I've had one team win a title my whole life.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 10:32 AM
I hear ya, man. I acted like a fool this morning. Just distraught over yesterday. My apologies.

bdj23
10-26-2014, 10:37 AM
I've watched probably 50 Royals games this year and I'm not even a Royals fan.

I'm gonna start calling folks out.

SAUTO
10-26-2014, 10:42 AM

There were more than 10. Hell I probably watched or listened to as many games as you. Every day. I don't have to post in a thread to prove it

Wallcrawler
10-26-2014, 10:43 AM
I hear ya, man. I acted like a fool this morning. Just distraught over yesterday. My apologies.

The more worrisome thing would be if nobody was upset at all. It would mean that zero fucks were given.

Anger and frustration with failure at the pinnacle of the sport are understandable. You just need to aim it at the right things/people.

SAUTO
10-26-2014, 10:45 AM
liar

a dumb fucking troll

You are wrong here, his dumb ass was in a shit ton of gdts, one reason I stayed out of a bunch of them

SAUTO
10-26-2014, 10:47 AM

And, again, bumgarner isn't as good at home as on the road

Hootie
10-26-2014, 10:47 AM
You are wrong here, his dumb ass was in a shit ton of gdts, one reason I stayed out of a bunch of them

not in the postseason

SAUTO
10-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Believe me. If I was single we wouldn't be much different.

I cried when Chambliss homered when I was 5.

I cried when Willie Wilson struck out the final at bat of the WS in 80.

I jumped up and down with my brothers game 6 in 85.

I went to hundreds of games with my dad growing up.

I've worn Royals gear around OKC for years getting funny looks.

I've cussed the organization for not fielding a competitive product for years.

If nothing else this year has made me bond with my kids over the Royals. They are hooked. Something I really thought would never happen.

I agree with you that Ned should have brought in Wade earlier but I also think back to spring and think I would take the Royals tied at 2 games with 2 out of 3 at the K left regardless of the circumstances. I also have a strange feeling we will win tonight. Just try to enjoy the ride dude. Don't get me wrong. I really want to win. I know these chances don't come often. I've had one team win a title my whole life.Mine are hooked too.

My two year old knows all kinds of animal noises. In the middle of him showing his grandma all of them I said what do we do for the royals and he threw both hands up and screamed whoooooo.

They are all cards fans and still loved it...

SAUTO
10-26-2014, 10:52 AM
not in the postseason

That could be, I've mostly stayed out of them due to the idiots that haven't been around all year saying stupid shit and I try to enjoy the games with my family

tk13
10-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Probably because he gets on people a lot and they hold a grudge about shit like that for whatever reason.

That, and every time he goes off the deep end he just devolves into a lunatic who makes every single post about how great he is. I don't see how other people derive "enjoyment" out of it.

tk13
10-26-2014, 11:17 AM
As for the thread, this thread is embarrassing. Shields doesn't owe us squat. If I went to the Orioles board and saw this thread I would laugh at them. I hate it when people say other people "owe" them stuff. This team is not only in the playoffs for the first time in 30 years in large part thanks to Shields, it's into the World Series. He could give up 13 runs tonight, and he's still given this city and organization as much success as any player since Brett and Montana retired.

Now, he definitely needs to give us 6 IP, 1 or 2 runs allowed to keep us in the game and give it a shot, but calling him out like this is embarrassing.

DeezNutz
10-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Shields needs a great start tonight to justify the trade.

KC native
10-26-2014, 12:00 PM
I ♡ hootie threads.

Lex Luthor
10-26-2014, 12:08 PM

Um, no. The trade was justified when they made it to the postseason for the first time in 29 years. It became a very good trade when they swept the Angels. When they swept the Orioles, the trade became one of the best trades the Royals ever made.

If they actually WIN THE FUCKING WORLD SERIES, this trade was pure genius and Dayton Moore should be recognized as such.

KChiefs1
10-26-2014, 12:14 PM
His last game as a Royal.

How will he end his Royal career?

KChiefs1
10-26-2014, 12:14 PM

I laughed.

KChiefs1
10-26-2014, 12:15 PM
I've watched probably 50 Royals games this year and I'm not even a Royals fan.

I'm gonna start calling folks out.

I watched probably 150 so there.

lewdog
10-26-2014, 12:49 PM

I know you don't mean this. But I did laugh at this.

Hootie
10-26-2014, 06:20 PM
As for the thread, this thread is embarrassing. Shields doesn't owe us squat. If I went to the Orioles board and saw this thread I would laugh at them. I hate it when people say other people "owe" them stuff. This team is not only in the playoffs for the first time in 30 years in large part thanks to Shields, it's into the World Series. He could give up 13 runs tonight, and he's still given this city and organization as much success as any player since Brett and Montana retired.

Now, he definitely needs to give us 6 IP, 1 or 2 runs allowed to keep us in the game and give it a shot, but calling him out like this is embarrassing.
You mad bro?

KC_Connection
10-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Royals aren't even in the playoffs without Shields. Dumb thread.