PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs V jax?

CallMeSquidwad
10-26-2014, 09:14 AM
NFL.com is reporting this morning that we are among 4 or 5 teams that have expressed interest in a trade for Vincent Jackson; what would you give up for him? I know he's been around a while, but I'd still give up a 2nd or a 3rd for him he is one of the most underrated players in the league we here in KC know that better than anyone else; should we pull the trigger?

ThaVirus
10-26-2014, 09:20 AM
A 5th and nothing more.

WRs aren't super important for us, given our situation, and I think the guy would require a new deal after this season. At 30-something years of age, it would most likely be a one year rental or end up bogging down our cap for an again receiver that isn't worth the commitment.

This guy is big and fast, but you guys bitch about Bowe dropping a pass a game. This guy is just as bad.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2014, 09:23 AM
I'd do a 4th.

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2014, 09:31 AM
A 5th and nothing more.

WRs aren't super important for us, given our situation, and I think the guy would require a new deal after this season. At 30-something years of age, it would most likely be a one year rental or end up bogging down our cap for an again receiver that isn't worth the commitment.

This guy is big and fast, but you guys bitch about Bowe dropping a pass a game. This guy is just as bad.

Agreed.

He's going to be 32 in January. Unless people think this is a guy that gets us to a Super Bowl this year, pass. If the Chiefs are going to compete, they need to worry about getting more out of their draft picks and signing 2nd contract players. Not overpaying players going into their final contract.

Now, if it's true that the Chiefs can get comp'ed back a pick if Jackson walks, then maybe that's an interesting play.

Shaid
10-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Agreed.

He's going to be 32 in January. Unless people think this is a guy that gets us to a Super Bowl this year, pass. If the Chiefs are going to compete, they need to worry about getting more out of their draft picks and signing 2nd contract players. Not overpaying players going into their final contract.

Now, if it's true that the Chiefs can get comp'ed back a pick if Jackson walks, then maybe that's an interesting play.

Getting comped a pick might make it worth it. A 5th wouldn't be upsetting to me.

BossChief
10-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Old receivers don't get traded for anything more than a 7th rounder.

I'd be fine with that...even a 6th. It's a 9 game rental

Mav
10-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Old receivers don't get traded for anything more than a 7th rounder.

I'd be fine with that...even a 6th. It's a 9 game rental
I agree

pugsnotdrugs19
10-26-2014, 09:52 AM
It's more than 9 games, if they keep him for the remainder of his contract. One thing I like is he is known for being a great guy, and good in the locker room. However, there is no way I give up more than a 4th, and you can bet TB would take it. They want that contract off the books and frankly, they want anyone proven off of their team.

Coochie liquor
10-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah I don't think I go less than a 5th. And then hope he can get open before the the o line collapses. Wouldn't be bad to have an ex Charger on the roster for the final SD game either.

CallMeSquidwad
10-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Agreed.

Are you implying we haven't drafted well and do not resign draft picks??.....??? I'm sorry this has to be a troll; there's no way there's someone claiming to be a Chiefs fan who is this inept and ignorant. So what do you consider this predicament we're in right now? We have ALL of our developed draft picks needing 2nd contracts within the next 2 years, EB, Poe, Houston, Hudson, etc.....so I guess my question is what team are you watching? We have only 1 veteran that we traded for being Alex Smith, so what was your rant about? We have been one of the best drafting teams since Dorsey got here.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2014, 09:58 AM
With the amount of comp picks they are going to get next year, a 4th is nothing.

If he only costs a 7th? Disco!

Iconic
10-26-2014, 09:59 AM
He's a very good route runner so I could actually see him being utilized in our offense.

Nothing over a 5th rounder though.

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Are you implying we haven't drafted well and do not resign draft picks??.....??? I'm sorry this has to be a troll; there's no way there's someone claiming to be a Chiefs fan who is this inept and ignorant. So what do you consider this predicament we're in right now? We have ALL of our developed draft picks needing 2nd contracts within the next 2 years, EB, Poe, Houston, Hudson, etc.....so I guess my question is what team are you watching? We have only 1 veteran that we traded for being Alex Smith, so what was your rant about? We have been one of the best drafting teams since Dorsey got here.
Umm... Wow. Is your nickname Steve balboni? Because it seems like all you do is homer and nothing more.

I am not a troll. Almost any person on Cp would laugh at that. If anything have been accused of being too optimistic.

Sandy Vagina
10-26-2014, 10:22 AM
from AP

The Chiefs offense is complex and would take a while to learn, thus I don't see the urgency to trade for a receiver like Jackson, who is really expensive and would cost at least a second round pick in a trade, per reports.

LMAO... **** that!

thabear04
10-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Heard they are saying a 2nd or 3rd for him.

Ming the Merciless
10-26-2014, 10:31 AM
3rd hell yes, since it will be in the 80's probably anyhoo

2nd...i dunno unless we think we can break the 1993 playoff curse

Easy 6
10-26-2014, 10:51 AM
No thanks, we already have one very expensive jump ball ace over 30 years of age.

Rausch
10-26-2014, 10:54 AM
from AP

LMAO... **** that!

Might as well.

I doubt Dorsey picks anyone any better come May...

ClevelandBronco
10-26-2014, 10:55 AM
A 5th and nothing more.

Wide receivers may not be important given your situation, but your situation is 3-3 despite having a dynamite RB and a great young TE. Maybe the the situation needs a little tweaking.

RINGLEADER
10-26-2014, 10:59 AM
We all know Dorsey is trying to decide if he's worth two seconds or just a second and a third.

Sandy Vagina
10-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Might as well.

I doubt Dorsey picks anyone any better come May...

I wouldn't freak out about it.. but for me, a 4th should get it done... age and contract push the value down.

Fritz88
10-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Do these trades ever work?

No.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
10-26-2014, 11:12 AM
you'd get a lot of awesome mismatch opportunities

the safety would have to choose to roll over to VJax side most of the game leaving Bowe wide open 1 on 1. Or Kelce wide open.

we currently dont have that, safety just camps bowes side all game and the rest of our crap WRs do nothing besides Kelce.

Dunerdr
10-26-2014, 11:40 AM
I'll see your vjax stupidity and raise you. I argued for an hr with a retard who thought chase Daniel is worth a 2-3.

rtmike
10-26-2014, 12:08 PM
One WR on the downside of his career is enough.

No thanks!

If he were to restructure his contract & they could get him for a conditional pick then I'd be OK with it. But didn't he sit out most of a season cause he wanted more money? Doubt he would take less $$ now?

thabear04
10-28-2014, 09:14 AM
So the trade deadline today will see if Chiefs make any moves today for Vjax.

Trade whispers: VJax, Tuck, Doug Martin on move?

Vincent Jackson isn't the only Tampa Bay player netting calls from interested teams as Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET trade deadline nears.

Along with queries about the wide receiver, Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht is also being asked about running back Doug Martin and safety Mark Barron, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport was told by sources informed of the discussions.

Rapoport reported Sunday that the Eagles, Patriots, Chiefs and Seahawks are among the teams interested in acquiring Jackson, the 31-year-old pass-catcher coming off three straight 1,000-yard seasons.

Martin, the team's first-round pick in 2012, has piled up just 166 yards at 2.9 yards per carry this season. Teams still enamored with his 1,400-yard rookie campaign, though, might be able to grab him in a swap if the Bucs think highly enough of Charles Sims, the rookie who is expected to "play a ton" when he comes off IR-recall. Tampa also has Bobby Rainey and Mike James in the stable.

Barron has struggled at safety this season and generally underwhelmed after being taken seventh overall in the 2012 NFL Draft. With just three interceptions over two-plus seasons, the backstop -- ranked No. 66 at his position by Pro Football Focus -- hasn't lived up to his pedigree.

The 1-6 Bucs are not interested in a fire sale, but they will "consider" every call and offer that floats their way, Rapoport was told.

Other names of note from Rapoport as the deadline draws near:

1. After the Titans dealt linebacker Akeem Ayers to New England, teams are examining whether wide receiver Nate Washington might also be available.

2. Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham is far from a necessity in Cincy with Tyler Eifert coming off an injury. Rapoport noted weeks ago that Gresham "could be had."

3. Oakland signed Justin Tuck to a two-year, $11 million contract in the offseason, but the Raiders pass-rusher might not finish that deal on the West Coast if the right offer is made.

4. Rapoport noted Sunday that teams are "making calls" about versatile Rams defensive lineman Kendall Langford, who has seen his role diminish this season behind stalwart rookie tackle Aaron Donald.

5. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll insists that running back Marshawn Lynch will not be traded away before 4 p.m. ET.

sedated
10-28-2014, 11:11 AM
A trade for VJax would surprise me given the history of this front office.

Marcellus
10-28-2014, 11:18 AM
A trade for VJax would surprise me given the history of this front office.

What exactly is the history of this front office?

Red Dawg
10-28-2014, 11:20 AM
He will be Patriot if they lose to Denver this week.

jonzie04
10-28-2014, 11:23 AM
He will be Patriot if they lose to Denver this week.

The trade deadline is today. I could see it though.

lcarus
10-28-2014, 11:27 AM
What exactly is the history of this front office?

They dont make many moves at the deadline is what I think he meant.

Marcellus
10-28-2014, 11:32 AM
They dont make many moves at the deadline is what I think he meant.

One season equals a history?

You could better argue that very few teams trade for anyone in the NFL. Its rare.

lcarus
10-28-2014, 11:45 AM
One season equals a history?

You could better argue that very few teams trade for anyone in the NFL. Its rare.

Well that's true. The Chiefs almost never trade during the season.

ChiefsChoke010414
10-28-2014, 11:47 AM
No thanks.

I'm still trying to get over the Brett Perriman signing.

TEX
10-28-2014, 01:05 PM
No thanks.

I'm still trying to get over the Brett Perriman signing.

ROFL

What about the Victor Bailey trade??? :doh!:

ModSocks
10-28-2014, 01:12 PM
If Dorsey doesn't trade for Vjax, his head should be put on the chopping block.

Discuss Thrower
10-28-2014, 01:17 PM
If Dorsey doesn't trade for Vjax, his head should be put on the chopping block.

What does getting any receiver at this late in the season do for KC beside be a decoy on the field and a cap headache off it?

Reid's offense is complicated and it takes time to understand it.

ModSocks
10-28-2014, 01:20 PM
What does getting any receiver at this late in the season do for KC beside be a decoy on the field and a cap headache off it?

No, fuck that. Vjax or fired.

Eleazar
10-28-2014, 01:21 PM
2nd round pick, if he's signed for multiple years.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Bucs are wanting a 2nd rounder for him. Eh no thanks

TEX
10-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Bucs are wanting a 2nd rounder for him. Eh no thanks

This

FlaChief58
10-28-2014, 01:28 PM
It's more than 9 games, if they keep him for the remainder of his contract. One thing I like is he is known for being a great guy, and good in the locker room. However, there is no way I give up more than a 4th, and you can bet TB would take it. They want that contract off the books and frankly, they want anyone proven off of their team.

No it's not. With 10+ picks and needing to resign Houston, there is no way in hell they would keep him past this year with his contract. Having said that, no more than a 5th

CaliforniaChief
10-28-2014, 01:31 PM
You have to be reasonable. I mean, wasn't it rumored Dorsey offered a 4th for Gonzalez last year and ATL held out for a 2? Yeah, no thanks.

There are ways to upgrade the roster, but at that cost, you go with what you've got and try to coach them up. However, if there's a bargain out there (like when SF got Boldin for a 6th), you go for it.

Easy 6
10-28-2014, 01:51 PM

Feel that tugging on your leg?

chiefs1111
10-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Mark Barron was dealt to the Rams. NFL Live just reported it

ModSocks
10-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Mark Barron was dealt to the Rams. NFL Live just reported it

After the Chiefs took the top off their Defense, they had no choice.

Seriously though, i wonder what they paid for him. He seemed like a skilled, promising young player.

Beef Supreme
10-28-2014, 03:01 PM
V Jax just sounds dirty.

temper11
10-28-2014, 03:20 PM
No thanks, we already have one very expensive jump ball ace over 30 years of age.

I don't know about Jackson much, but if that's what he is (another jump ball guy) I'd say we pass as Smith just doesn't throw up many jump balls. If the receiver is covered to where it's going to be a jump ball, he just moves to the next guy in the progression.

If this guy is a good route runner, with good hands that can gain a bit of separation, and we can afford to do this without losing Houston, etc., then great.

Three7s
10-28-2014, 03:27 PM
I don't know about Jackson much, but if that's what he is (another jump ball guy) I'd say we pass as Smith just doesn't throw up many jump balls. If the receiver is covered to where it's going to be a jump ball, he just moves to the next guy in the progression.

If this guy is a good route runner, with good hands that can gain a bit of separation, and we can afford to do this without losing Houston, etc., then great.
I can tell you that VJax would help us fairly drastically for the short term. Everyone keeps harping on his age. Since when is 31 "old" for a WR? He has a solid 2-3 years left! He's really good deep down the field, but that's not all he's capable of. He's a good all-around receiver.

temper11
10-28-2014, 03:42 PM
I can tell you that VJax would help us fairly drastically for the short term. Everyone keeps harping on his age. Since when is 31 "old" for a WR? He has a solid 2-3 years left! He's really good deep down the field, but that's not all he's capable of. He's a good all-around receiver.

This is where everyone will break their fingertips off trying to be the fist to post that being "really good down the field" is a wasted skill set when your QB is Smith. And they may be right... Smith just doesn't go down field much. However, he's never really had a good down the field receiver to throw the ball too - so if we think Jackson is that, then it would be selfishly satisfying to finally see what happens/changes, if anything, when paired with Smith.

Assuming of coarse that the O line can hold up long enough for down the field plays to develop.

Because it's not my money, I'm for it. Bring him in and give the offense another weapon. However, like I said, I don't want to sacrifice anywhere else to make this move either (Houston, Hali).

I "want my cake and eat it too".

OldSchool
10-28-2014, 03:53 PM
People who don't think that adding V Jax won't help this offense are just being stupid. You don't think that he just might be able to make the safeties play honest instead of cheating up to stop Charles?

vailpass
10-28-2014, 03:56 PM
People who don't think that adding V Jax won't help this offense are just being stupid. You don't think that he just might be able to make the safeties play honest instead of cheating up to stop Charles?

Depends on if the offense scheme was adjusted for him and Smith threw to him...

ModSocks
10-28-2014, 03:57 PM

10Million for a declining WR over 30.

And no, he won't make safeties play honest because the Chiefs don't throw deep.