PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today’s Game – Guest Edition

scho63
10-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

I was nervous all week and took a notepad while watching the game today to jot down everything I could. This is like trying to follow the Beatles after they arrived in America and played Shea Stadium. It will never be as good…..

1. CHIEFS PLAYED A VERY COMPLETE GAME-EVERYONE CONTRIBUTES
What a great way to win a football game by having everyone step up and help the team win. Rams have NEVER beaten us since they moved to St Louis and today we continued that streak. We scored 34 straight points, quickly fixed what was wrong at the start and once again beat a team that was weaker. We were supposed to beat them and we did. It is never easy when your opponent is feeling confident after the big win they had beating Seattle but we torpedoed their hopes shortly after the start of the second quarter and never looked back.

Most everyone had a good-to-great game with a big edge in time of possession, even on turnovers, killed them in sacks, a few too many penalties, and overall stepped on their necks when we had them down. That’s how a good team becomes great. Even little Cairo Santos started booming kickoffs into the stands by the end of the game. LMAO

2. SLOW START-THE CHIEFS WAY
Why is it that after watching the Chiefs for 44 years they never seem to get going until another team scores? Once again we came out and played like a bunch of 40 year old guys playing flag football on the weekend. We gave up too much space on coverage, stumbled around on defense with huge holes, made numerous mistakes on offense, had stupid penalties, let the other team score and then finally said, “HEY WE ARE SUPPOSEDLY PLAYING PRO FOOTBALL AT OUR HOME STADIUM, LET’S KICK ASS!” Then things finally began to shift to our favor.

We really sucked in the first quarter and Rams dominated. Special teams opened the game with allowing a big 41 yd return to the 35 yard line to start for the Rams and they scored in 3 minutes. Felt like a repeat of the Titans game and made me initially very nervous.

Abdullah played like shit almost the entire game and was burnt like toast against Britt for a big gain in the 1st QTR. He was at least 7-8 YARDS behind. Looked like he was running in quicksand.

3. MOMENTUM SHIFT – MISS A FIELD GOAL AFTER A VERY NICE DRIVE AND SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES IN THE 2ND QTR
How demoralizing is it for a team to take a quick lead, dominate their opponent on the road, play good defense and offense, and then just when you are going to kick a field goal after a good drive to pad your lead, your kicker shits the bed and the momentum swings 180 degrees. Well it is easy to see what happens because the Chiefs took major advantage of the shift and woke up out of their coma to kick the Rams ass up and down the field for the rest of the game.

Kelce is so damn good and should be targeted no less than 7-8 times a game. Guy is a faster Jason Whitten and he may become one of the greatest TE’s ever to play. That is bold statement but I’m going on record! Write it down!!! You heard it here!!!

Rams were getting injured all over the place-they had guys getting hurt all day and in the second quarter, suffered a few tough ones and I know how it feels as we suffered a lot early in the season. This also helped us.

4. JAMAAL CHARLES = PRIEST HOLMES = MARCUS ALLEN
We are very lucky to have three of the greatest Red Zone touchdown scoring machines in NFL history playing at some time for the Chiefs.

When Joe Montana gave the ball to Marcus Allen, he didn’t score some of the time, he didn’t score most of the time, he scored ALL of the time. Priest Holmes did the same and now we have Jamaal Charles who smells the end zone and finds a way to get to the end zone. Andy Reid blew the Denver game by not giving JC any carries at the end of the game and probably lost the 49’ers game by NOT feeding the ball to Jamaal to wind down the clock when we had a lead.
Why oh why Fat Andy? You have an incredibly talented workhorse at your disposal, use him more please!!!

5. OUR DEFENSIVE REPLACEMENTS PLAYING GREAT-WHERE IS ERIC BERRY AND WHO CARES THAT HE IS NOT PLAYING?
If someone told me at the beginning of the year that Derrick Johnson, Mike Devito, Erik Berry, Jeff Allen, Joe Mays, Joe McKnight, Sanders Commings (again) and Mike Catapano, would not be playing then add in Dwayne Bowe's and Donald Stephenson’s suspensions while looking at our schedule, I would say we would be lucky to win 4 or 5 games. Yet somehow Dorsey brought in a bunch of no-names that are performing GREAT! I have been a big Dorsey critic so I must finally say I AM WRONG. Dorsey is awesome and our defense is playing fantastic! :thumb:

7 SACKS, 7 SACKS, 7 SACKS. Say that three times fast!

We got good pressure and contained most of the game after the rough first quarter

No Ram player caught more than 2 passes-that is pretty damn special. :LOL:

We continue to DOMINATE other teams on their third down and today we allowed a paltry 3-11 conversion for the Rams. If we can do this all year, we will win most games. This is a greatly underappreciated statistic. Way to go Chiefs “D”!

6. OUR OFFENSE VS THEIR DEFENSE
At the start of the game, the Rams were FLYING all over the field making great tackles and pursuing all over the place. They are an underrated defense who sadly have NO pass rush, ranked at the bottom with little to no sacks. We looked like shit and had no rhythm for the entire first quarter but made great adjustments as well as waking up to turn the tide after their missed FG. Once we gained control, we never looked back.

Our offense had a great mix but once in a while we threw in a real stinker that lost yards. We seem to have a lot of negative plays today with some crappy play calling once again. Need to clean this up.

Dwayne Bowe played better today than prior games with a total of six catches and made some really nice grabs in tight coverage. He still suffers from lack of separation but he overcomes that with his strength.

Travis Kelce does nothing but catch the ball, get great yardage, and impress.

DAT was played much more this game but didn’t have too many opportunities expect one nice 17 yard gain. He is super fast.

Once again-ZERO TOUCHDOWNS FROM OUR WIDE RECEIVERS! That is pathetic.

7. HERO’S VS ZEROS
-HEROS: Jamaal Charles, Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Knile Davis, Josh Mauga, Travis Kelce, Ron Parker and yes, Alex Smith. All these guys played great and Ron Parker is making me forget that guy named EB very quickly!

Justin Houston turned it up a notch and those three sacks were great.

Allen Bailey is a great surprise and playing above expections.

Knile Davis is a bruising bull of a running back yet he someone manages to BLAST by everyone and return a KO 99 yds at high speed. That is special talent my friends.

Ron Parker was amazing today. Had an INT, numerous tackles, great coverage, and playing well beyond expectations. KUDOS!

Alex Smith haters can go pound salt and his finished 24 of 28 for 226 with no turnovers! I’ll take that any day of the week.

-ZEROS: Eric Fisher and Husain Abdullah
Fisher got burnt bad and allowed one sack, had a penalty, and played average for the most part, certainly not like a #1 draft pick.

Abdullah was the weak man in coverage today and he was burnt a few times, didn’t have good stats and looked slow as hell.

8. LUCK FOR US WITH THE ZEBRAS
This was a game that somehow we got a lot of luck from the zebras. In the third quarter the Rams had two penalties against us for spearing and personal foul that were complete bullshit but you know what, I’ll take ‘em. We had a few other penalties that we received that were questionable and not sure why we got so lucky but after what we suffered all these years on bad calls AGAINST us, good for the Chiefs.

We had too many penalties once more and probably all of them deserved from everything I saw. Got to stop the stupid few but thankfully we only had one on special teams as opposed to 5 each week. Slight improvement.

9. ANNOUNCERS- FANTASTIC ANALYZATION AND FAIRNESS
Dick Stockton and Donovan McNabb called a great and very fair game in my opinion. They showed no bias, called in like it was, and when the Rams got a few awful calls in the second quarter they pointed them out.

They also made sure to note that Ron Parker has been playing great in Eric Berry’s absence, Travis Kelce is a rapidly rising star, and Jamaal Charles better get the ball in the Red Zone as often as possible. They think the Chiefs have something special!

10. THE ABSENCE OF GBLOWFISH-SECRET MISSION
I am honored and deeply appreciative to be able to be a guest writer for one of the best threads ever on Chiefs Planet, Ten Things. I met George Blowfish, his wife, Mr Doggity, and another fan from New Jersey last year when I came to Arrowhead for the Giants game after 43 years to see my first game as a Chiefs fan. It was an incredible experience and he showed my around the stadium and took a photo of me next to the Super Bowl trophy, which was the reason I became a Chiefs fan in the first place.

He then sent me 3 BBQ sauces via UPS from Gates, LC and Arthur Bryant’s to try along with a few Cherry Mash candies. How can you not like the guy?

Anyway he is on a secret mission with his gang so I can only show you their cover photo.

http://www.iphones.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Banzai-Blowfish-iPhonesRu-Review.png

KC Star Photos
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article3387861.html

Thanks so much and welcome back next week GBlowfish! :thumb:

GO ROYALS!!!

ping2000
10-26-2014, 04:44 PM
JV. Just kidding. Nice job.

Ming the Merciless
10-26-2014, 04:45 PM
great job coming in off the bench my man

Straight, No Chaser
10-26-2014, 04:46 PM
You're hired (as a sub)

Mav
10-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Good stuff!

Fire Me Boy!
10-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Nice job. But how the fuck was 7 Sacks not No. 7 on your list?

jonzie04
10-26-2014, 04:51 PM
very nice job! i agree about kelce becoming a great. if he was just putting up good stats, i would be hesitant to think he could become an all time great. but the guy does some truly eye popping shit, he probably forced as many missed tackles today on his few catches as jamaal charles did in his 15+ touches. last week i remember him making 3 guys miss on one screen. i have never seen a te as elusive, and as smart of a runner as he is.

scho63
10-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Nice job. But how the **** was 7 Sacks not No. 7 on your list?

That's why I'm just a rookie sub! :banghead:

Gblowfish would have easily done that.

displacedinMN
10-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Very nice

Congrats

mdchiefsfan
10-26-2014, 04:53 PM
Well done, sir.

Fire Me Boy!
10-26-2014, 04:54 PM
That's why I'm just a rookie sub! :banghead:

Gblowfish would have easily done that.

Damn rooks. You gotta strategize, that's the only way you'll unseat Blowfish as the starter!

Seriously man, nice job.

KCUnited
10-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Does anyone even miss George?

mdchiefsfan
Damn rooks. You gotta strategize, that's the only way you'll unseat Blowfish as the starter!

Seriously man, nice job.

LMAO

SAUTO
It's Witten.

TLO
10-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. You did an awesome job!

tk13
10-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Well done. We'll probably save you a spot on the practice squad after this performance.

Prison Bitch
10-26-2014, 05:04 PM
I miss George's Mizzou comments, the board always needs more of that

This was a good 10 things btw

lewdog
10-26-2014, 05:05 PM
TLDR

Wallcrawler
10-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Reid is going to have to get DAT onto the field more often if he ever expects the plays to him to work. As it is, when he's on the field, the play is designed for him. The Rams knew this, and sniffed these out easily, and were able to severely punish him on the big hit.

He has to be on the field for plays that don't go to him every time. Do some pump fakes on the screen and when they all bite, go downfield. Fake some reverses or something, but as it is every time 13 is on the field, guys are going to be all over him with his speed.

Andy tried his best to lapse back into pass happy fat-fuck today. Fisher got beaten like a drum, and Smith was sacked several times and running for his life. Have to wonder what the outcome would have been against a better team. Shit start on offense that wasted its first two drives with terrible playcalling, and worse execution. That might fly against a team like the Rams, but it isn't going to work trying to win the division.

It seems that Reid is trying his best to fight the smashmouth identity that this football team has made for itself. It could cost us a game or two on the schedule.

Oh, and pay Justin Houston already. 10 sacks in 7 games? Holy shit. Dude's on a serious mission.

SAUTO
10-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Except, expect. Tomato tomaato right?

mdchiefsfan
10-26-2014, 05:07 PM
TLDR

LMAO Asshole

Sandy Vagina
10-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Very well done.. a worthwhile read. Thanks! :clap:

TimBone
10-26-2014, 05:20 PM
It seems that Reid is trying his best to fight the smashmouth identity that this football team has made for itself. It could cost us a game or two on the schedule.

Could?

Has.

Rasputin
10-26-2014, 05:26 PM
**Obligatory nice job Shoe63**

I wanted to mention the play Knile Davis could have walked into the endzone. Looked like Moses parting the red sea on rams defense. They didn't want anything to do with tackling him.

milkman
10-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Although you did a nice job of writing up this 10 things in place of George, I can't agree with much of it.

This was most listless domination of a game that I believe that I have ever seen.

Ron Parker has played well in the role that Sutton has carved out for him, but thinking that defense doesn't miss Berry is just wrong.

lewdog
10-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Although you did a nice job of writing up this 10 things in place of George, I can't agree with much of it.

This was most listless domination of a game that I believe that I have ever seen.

Ron Parker has played well in the role that Sutton has carved out for him, but thinking that defense doesn't miss Berry is just wrong.

ENJOY MILK!!!

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287836

milkman
10-26-2014, 05:32 PM
And Wall Crawler is right.

Andy Reid is a moron that is going to cost this team more games over the season than he already has.

Wallcrawler
10-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Could?

Has.

Past the previous losses it's already cost us, I mean.

The entire first half was just a bunch of Saunders-esque pass happy bullshit that looked like a giant shitload of fuck, aborted 2 drives, and very nearly turned it over on the third.

Then having to burn a timeout with first and goal at the 1 foot line because we cant handle the concept of just snapping the ball, turning the fuck around and giving the football to Jamaal without having a fucking conference about it first.

He just doesn't get, or accept that this team is not built to execute his preferred philosophy.

The mark of a great coach is getting the most out of your players' talents. Not trying to make a group of guys excel at something they just aren't good at.

We're a smashmouth team. Period. We run the football to get yardage, we throw when we need a first down, not a touchdown. We play solid defense a few series per game because the offense kills the rest of the time when they have it.

Andy is still trying to put the square peg in the round hole. Instead of just leaning on our backs and play-actioning the defense to death, he wants to come out, spread these guys out and watch his O-Line led by his R1P1 LT get beaten like a fucking drum and see his conservative QB running for his life on a down that becomes a disaster waiting to happen.

Just line these guys up, and cram the fucking thing down their throats. Sherman is playing amazing as lead blocker. Fuck that cute shit, and pound the rock and play defense.

milkman
10-26-2014, 05:35 PM
ENJOY MILK!!!

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287836

I saw that topic and was headed there next.

Really don't geve a rat's ass about some kid's opinion who probably learned everything he knows about football from Nick Athan.

Sandy Vagina
10-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Just line these guys up, and cram the ****ing thing down their throats. Sherman is playing amazing as lead blocker. **** that cute shit, and pound the rock and play defense.

Do this, but mix in the play-action pass, if the OL shows any week to week promise of pass protection. :)

58-4ever
10-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Good work by George picking a sub.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-26-2014, 05:45 PM
**Obligatory nice job Shoe63**

I wanted to mention the play Knile Davis could have walked into the endzone. Looked like Moses parting the red sea on rams defense. They didn't want anything to do with tackling him.

Can you blame them? Did you see him out there? He almost tore that one guy's arm out of its socket, he hit him so hard. I'm honestly worried that Knile is going to kill a DB at some point in his career. I've seen guys run hard before, but I in no way would want any part of trying to tackle Knile. I'd be diving at his shoelaces and hoping he didn't kick my head off my neck. In fact, I'd just fake a hamstring tear and have nothing to do with it.

Knile is an extremely rare combination of mass and velocity. What a one-two combination we have, my friends.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

I was nervous all week and took a notepad while watching the game today to jot down everything I could. This is like trying to follow the Beatles after they arrived in America and played Shea Stadium. It will never be as good…..

1. CHIEFS PLAYED A VERY COMPLETE GAME-EVERYONE CONTRIBUTES
What a great way to win a football game by having everyone step up and help the team win. Rams have NEVER beaten us since they moved to St Louis and today we continued that streak. We scored 34 straight points, quickly fixed what was wrong at the start and once again beat a team that was weaker. We were supposed to beat them and we did. It is never easy when your opponent is feeling confident after the big win they had beating Seattle but we torpedoed their hopes shortly after the start of the second quarter and never looked back.

Most everyone had a good-to-great game with a big edge in time of possession, even on turnovers, killed them in sacks, a few too many penalties, and overall stepped on their necks when we had them down. That’s how a good team becomes great. Even little Cairo Santos started booming kickoffs into the stands by the end of the game. LMAO

2. SLOW START-THE CHIEFS WAY
Why is it that after watching the Chiefs for 44 years they never seem to get going until another team scores? Once again we came out and played like a bunch of 40 year old guys playing flag football on the weekend. We gave up too much space on coverage, stumbled around on defense with huge holes, made numerous mistakes on offense, had stupid penalties, let the other team score and then finally said, “HEY WE ARE SUPPOSEDLY PLAYING PRO FOOTBALL AT OUR HOME STADIUM, LET’S KICK ASS!” Then things finally began to shift to our favor.

We really sucked in the first quarter and Rams dominated. Special teams opened the game with allowing a big 41 yd return to the 35 yard line to start for the Rams and they scored in 3 minutes. Felt like a repeat of the Titans game and made me initially very nervous.

Abdullah played like shit almost the entire game and was burnt like toast against Britt for a big gain in the 1st QTR. He was at least 7-8 YARDS behind. Looked like he was running in quicksand.

3. MOMENTUM SHIFT – MISS A FIELD GOAL AFTER A VERY NICE DRIVE AND SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES IN THE 2ND QTR
How demoralizing is it for a team to take a quick lead, dominate their opponent on the road, play good defense and offense, and then just when you are going to kick a field goal after a good drive to pad your lead, your kicker shits the bed and the momentum swings 180 degrees. Well it is easy to see what happens because the Chiefs took major advantage of the shift and woke up out of their coma to kick the Rams ass up and down the field for the rest of the game.

Kelce is so damn good and should be targeted no less than 7-8 times a game. Guy is a faster Jason Whitten and he may become one of the greatest TE’s ever to play. That is bold statement but I’m going on record! Write it down!!! You heard it here!!!

Rams were getting injured all over the place-they had guys getting hurt all day and in the second quarter, suffered a few tough ones and I know how it feels as we suffered a lot early in the season. This also helped us.

4. JAMAAL CHARLES = PRIEST HOLMES = MARCUS ALLEN
We are very lucky to have three of the greatest Red Zone touchdown scoring machines in NFL history playing at some time for the Chiefs.

When Joe Montana gave the ball to Marcus Allen, he didn’t score some of the time, he didn’t score most of the time, he scored ALL of the time. Priest Holmes did the same and now we have Jamaal Charles who smells the end zone and finds a way to get to the end zone. Andy Reid blew the Denver game by not giving JC any carries at the end of the game and probably lost the 49’ers game by NOT feeding the ball to Jamaal to wind down the clock when we had a lead.
Why oh why Fat Andy? You have an incredibly talented workhorse at your disposal, use him more please!!!

5. OUR DEFENSIVE REPLACEMENTS PLAYING GREAT-WHERE IS ERIC BERRY AND WHO CARES THAT HE IS NOT PLAYING?
If someone told me at the beginning of the year that Derrick Johnson, Mike Devito, Erik Berry, Jeff Allen, Joe Mays, Joe McKnight, Sanders Commings (again) and Mike Catapano, would not be playing then add in Dwayne Bowe's and Donald Stephenson’s suspensions while looking at our schedule, I would say we would be lucky to win 4 or 5 games. Yet somehow Dorsey brought in a bunch of no-names that are performing GREAT! I have been a big Dorsey critic so I must finally say I AM WRONG. Dorsey is awesome and our defense is playing fantastic! :thumb:

7 SACKS, 7 SACKS, 7 SACKS. Say that three times fast!

We got good pressure and contained most of the game after the rough first quarter

No Ram player caught more than 2 passes-that is pretty damn special. :LOL:

We continue to DOMINATE other teams on their third down and today we allowed a paltry 3-11 conversion for the Rams. If we can do this all year, we will win most games. This is a greatly underappreciated statistic. Way to go Chiefs “D”!

6. OUR OFFENSE VS THEIR DEFENSE
At the start of the game, the Rams were FLYING all over the field making great tackles and pursuing all over the place. They are an underrated defense who sadly have NO pass rush, ranked at the bottom with little to no sacks. We looked like shit and had no rhythm for the entire first quarter but made great adjustments as well as waking up to turn the tide after their missed FG. Once we gained control, we never looked back.

Our offense had a great mix but once in a while we threw in a real stinker that lost yards. We seem to have a lot of negative plays today with some crappy play calling once again. Need to clean this up.

Dwayne Bowe played better today than prior games with a total of six catches and made some really nice grabs in tight coverage. He still suffers from lack of separation but he overcomes that with his strength.

Travis Kelce does nothing but catch the ball, get great yardage, and impress.

DAT was played much more this game but didn’t have too many opportunities expect one nice 17 yard gain. He is super fast.

Once again-ZERO TOUCHDOWNS FROM OUR WIDE RECEIVERS! That is pathetic.

7. HERO’S VS ZEROS
-HEROS: Jamaal Charles, Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Knile Davis, Josh Mauga, Travis Kelce, Ron Parker and yes, Alex Smith. All these guys played great and Ron Parker is making me forget that guy named EB very quickly!

Justin Houston turned it up a notch and those three sacks were great.

Allen Bailey is a great surprise and playing above expections.

Knile Davis is a bruising bull of a running back yet he someone manages to BLAST by everyone and return a KO 99 yds at high speed. That is special talent my friends.

Ron Parker was amazing today. Had an INT, numerous tackles, great coverage, and playing well beyond expectations. KUDOS!

Alex Smith haters can go pound salt and his finished 24 of 28 for 226 with no turnovers! I’ll take that any day of the week.

-ZEROS: Eric Fisher and Husain Abdullah
Fisher got burnt bad and allowed one sack, had a penalty, and played average for the most part, certainly not like a #1 draft pick.

Abdullah was the weak man in coverage today and he was burnt a few times, didn’t have good stats and looked slow as hell.

8. LUCK FOR US WITH THE ZEBRAS
This was a game that somehow we got a lot of luck from the zebras. In the third quarter the Rams had two penalties against us for spearing and personal foul that were complete bullshit but you know what, I’ll take ‘em. We had a few other penalties that we received that were questionable and not sure why we got so lucky but after what we suffered all these years on bad calls AGAINST us, good for the Chiefs.

We had too many penalties once more and probably all of them deserved from everything I saw. Got to stop the stupid few but thankfully we only had one on special teams as opposed to 5 each week. Slight improvement.

9. ANNOUNCERS- FANTASTIC ANALYZATION AND FAIRNESS
Dick Stockton and Donovan McNabb called a great and very fair game in my opinion. They showed no bias, called in like it was, and when the Rams got a few awful calls in the second quarter they pointed them out.

They also made sure to note that Ron Parker has been playing great in Eric Berry’s absence, Travis Kelce is a rapidly rising star, and Jamaal Charles better get the ball in the Red Zone as often as possible. They think the Chiefs have something special!

10. THE ABSENCE OF GBLOWFISH-SECRET MISSION
I am honored and deeply appreciative to be able to be a guest writer for one of the best threads ever on Chiefs Planet, Ten Things. I met George Blowfish, his wife, Mr Doggity, and another fan from New Jersey last year when I came to Arrowhead for the Giants game after 43 years to see my first game as a Chiefs fan. It was an incredible experience and he showed my around the stadium and took a photo of me next to the Super Bowl trophy, which was the reason I became a Chiefs fan in the first place.

He then sent me 3 BBQ sauces via UPS from Gates, LC and Arthur Bryant’s to try along with a few Cherry Mash candies. How can you not like the guy?

Anyway he is on a secret mission with his gang so I can only show you their cover photo.

http://www.iphones.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Banzai-Blowfish-iPhonesRu-Review.png

KC Star Photos
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article3387861.html

Thanks so much and welcome back next week GBlowfish! :thumb:

GO ROYALS!!!

No Santos mention?

xztop123
10-26-2014, 05:50 PM
The way Parker plays the single high is amazing. He takes the slant, crossing route WR with the most separation, inside route and just runs with him until he's out of the QB's read and then takes off and jumps over to another WR or chases the QB.

It's like he's a Madden player usering the safety. Monster.

bevischief
10-26-2014, 06:14 PM
It's just Wong

Rausch
10-26-2014, 06:23 PM
The way Parker plays the single high is amazing. He takes the slant, crossing route WR with the most separation, inside route and just runs with him until he's out of the QB's read and then takes off and jumps over to another WR or chases the QB.

He's 100% different facing the play instead of trailing in coverage.

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Alex Smith went 6-11 on 3rd down conversions. That included several times when penalties or plays for a loss put the Chiefs on a 3rd and 10+ hole.

I still believe this is maybe the biggest difference between this year and last year. Once again, we won the TOP game by over 10 minutes.

CallMeSquidwad
10-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Anyone who thinks Fisher has been a bust first off needs to fuck off and get a grip on reality; Quinn wasn't relevant other than a handful of plays. Another part about that argument that makes no sense is who would you have taken #1 instead of him? He was the best guy for the spot and he has been having a hell of a year.

milkman
10-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Anyone who thinks Fisher has been a bust first off needs to **** off and get a grip on reality; Quinn wasn't relevant other than a handful of plays. Another part about that argument that makes no sense is who would you have taken #1 instead of him? He was the best guy for the spot and he has been having a hell of a year.

We've had this discussion before, but first, Robert Quinn hasn't been a factor in any game this season, until today.

Sheldon Richardson.

So, go fist yourself.

BWillie
10-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Im still amazed how so many of you are negative about this team. I didnt expect them to be any better than 8-8 and didnt expect all these injuries...and look at that. They are in the thick of things. If they can continue to develop the secondary and OL, along w Kelce we could have a very good team on our hands in the end.

This is a team that was punched in the mouth early by Tenn and has came back strong. Took it to the wire @ Denver. Beat the living shit outta NE, beat a very good divisional rival on the rd. A team mind you thatvcould be the 3rd best in the AFC. Then today looked the part vs STL who was fresh off of beating the Super Bowl champions.

otherstar
10-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Great post, thanks!

bsp4444
10-26-2014, 08:28 PM
I can't believe how reluctant Alex smith is to throw the ball. I don't know how play action ever works for them...the same players bighting on the run are still in position to make a play on where Alex will throw it to.

Hydrae
10-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Past the previous losses it's already cost us, I mean.

The entire first half was just a bunch of Saunders-esque pass happy bullshit that looked like a giant shitload of ****, aborted 2 drives, and very nearly turned it over on the third.

Then having to burn a timeout with first and goal at the 1 foot line because we cant handle the concept of just snapping the ball, turning the **** around and giving the football to Jamaal without having a ****ing conference about it first.

He just doesn't get, or accept that this team is not built to execute his preferred philosophy.

The mark of a great coach is getting the most out of your players' talents. Not trying to make a group of guys excel at something they just aren't good at.

We're a smashmouth team. Period. We run the football to get yardage, we throw when we need a first down, not a touchdown. We play solid defense a few series per game because the offense kills the rest of the time when they have it.

Andy is still trying to put the square peg in the round hole. Instead of just leaning on our backs and play-actioning the defense to death, he wants to come out, spread these guys out and watch his O-Line led by his R1P1 LT get beaten like a ****ing drum and see his conservative QB running for his life on a down that becomes a disaster waiting to happen.

Just line these guys up, and cram the ****ing thing down their throats. Sherman is playing amazing as lead blocker. **** that cute shit, and pound the rock and play defense.

:clap:

Wallcrawler
10-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Anyone who thinks Fisher has been a bust first off needs to fuck off and get a grip on reality; Quinn wasn't relevant other than a handful of plays. Another part about that argument that makes no sense is who would you have taken #1 instead of him? He was the best guy for the spot and he has been having a hell of a year.

If you think that Eric Fisher has lived up to the spot he was taken, YOU need to fuck off because you've clearly lost your fingertip grip on anything resembling sanity, and have descended into an abyss of irreversible lunacy.

You ever wonder why Alex is so quick to get rid of the football? So quick to take off and run? Why he throws so many checkdowns?

Could it possibly be that the guy protecting (and I use that word very, VERY fucking loosely here) HIS FUCKING BLIND SIDE gets beaten so badly, SO FUCKING REGULARLY, that he has simply come to expect it and has set his mental clock on getting rid of the football accordingly?

Eric Fisher is an inconsistent pile of fuck at the LT position. He's been beaten so badly at times this year you wonder how he even stays on the field. Ive seen him get uprooted in the run game, carried three steps laterally, and firmly planted into the turf by a defender. And this is supposed to be his area of strength, the run blocking game.

He's tried to block defenders with his ass this year, for fuck's sake. So don't come in here and tell people they shouldn't be calling out Fisher for not living up to R1P1, because he fucking hasn't. Not even close. Not even a little bit.

Dude was so shit in this game he's false starting AT HOME because he knows he needs every edge he can get. And then gets beaten on the very next play like he's not even there. Commentators (if you call those two talking bags of smashed assholes fox put in there commentators) bust the balls of Jamaal Charles and Travis Kelce for "not helping out their tackle." Hilarious.

Robert Quinn had ONE sack coming into this game. He was a non-factor, and Fisher made him look like the second coming of Reggie White.

Someone better check under that helmet and make sure Jordan Black isn't out there rocking Fisher's jersey.

Jmart
10-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Great job!

InChiefsHeaven
10-27-2014, 06:19 AM
I read it. It was ok.

Heh. Good job Scho...

Sandy Vagina
10-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Eric Fisher is an inconsistent pile of **** at the LT position. He's been beaten so badly at times this year you wonder how he even stays on the field.

I have been very patient with Fisher's development, but even I was hoping to see Stephenson given a try instead. I will be interested to watch through again this morning and all week... but I have to guess that Fisher's play improved some as the game progressed... maybe not.. but will see.

I am agreeing with you though. Inconsistent indeed. There are times that make you think he may just be getting through the struggles... and then some huge WTF? moments when you want him off the field forever.

HIChief
10-27-2014, 06:40 AM
For those of us in far-flung places, like bobbing up and down on the South China Sea, starved for Chiefs news, the more info the better. Why not write a companion to "10 Things" each week? I enjoyed your perspective as much as I enjoy GBlowfish's. ")

Halfcan
10-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Nice job and a big win!!

BlackHelicopters
10-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Great substitute

gblowfish
10-27-2014, 08:55 AM
My brain hurts.

I'm back at work after three days of binge drinking and meat eating that would make Charlie Sheen say "whoah, slow your roll, dude."

Much thanks to Scho63 for writing the "Ten Things." I think you'll all agree he did an outstanding job. I only saw about half of the game, and the half I did see was through eyelids at half mast through bloodshot peepers. I tivo'ed it, so I'll watch it later in the week after the world series is over.

Doggity report is here:

http://doggitychiefs.blogspot.com/2014/10/week-8-lambs-7-at-chiefs-34.html

TEX
10-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Anyone who thinks Fisher has been a bust first off needs to **** off and get a grip on reality; Quinn wasn't relevant other than a handful of plays. Another part about that argument that makes no sense is who would you have taken #1 instead of him? He was the best guy for the spot and he has been having a hell of a year.

:bong:

Frosty
10-27-2014, 09:19 AM
I don't agree with #9 at all. The announcing was beyond awful. For one thing, McNabb played with Reid for years, so how about some insight into the Chiefs' offense or some stories about Reid? Instead we get things like "If the QB can hook up with the wide receiver, they can move the chains".

And then there was Dick "Count" Stockton: "Smith is 15 of 17 so far. That is only two incompletions" and "Jamaal Charles only had two TDs coming into this game. With his two TDs today, he now has four".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/29/Count_von_Count_kneeling.png/200px-Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

stumppy
10-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Good read, nice job man.

penguinz
10-27-2014, 09:55 AM
My brain hurts.

I'm back at work after three days of binge drinking and meat eating that would make Charlie Sheen say "whoah, slow your roll, dude."

Much thanks to Scho63 for writing the "Ten Things." I think you'll all agree he did an outstanding job. I only saw about half of the game, and the half I did see was through eyelids at half mast through bloodshot peepers. I tivo'ed it, so I'll watch it later in the week after the world series is over.

Doggity report is here:

http://doggitychiefs.blogspot.com/2014/10/week-8-lambs-7-at-chiefs-34.html

That is horrible. Waste if the internet. The pesto recipe is even worse!

Marcellus
10-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Nice work.

After the first drive the defense just smothered the Rams.

gblowfish
10-27-2014, 10:27 AM
That is horrible. Waste if the internet. The pesto recipe is even worse!

Why don't you post your pesto recipe and I'll troll Doggity over it....

Pasta Little Brioni
10-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Huh? How is recovering a fumble at the 6 and attempting a field goal at the 27 a great drive ROFL ALSO Fat Andy didn't have Jamaal at the end of the Denver game. He got hurt early.

srvy
10-27-2014, 10:32 AM

I agree somewhat but with caution due to the QB he faced. In all I am happy to have him for one main reason. He doesn't break in a stiff breeze. Availability is much more important to me than name recognition. Berry possible deadline trade for receiver and draft pick? Very doubtful but the longer his health keeps rearing its ugly head the less I miss him.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Parker has been flat out awesome. A huge reason the defense has been so good this year.

srvy
10-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Oh I forgot nice job on the top 10 Sho63. I also like how you dropped in the cherry mash:). Man as a kid I annihilated those things. I remember when the centers was soft and gooey with real pieces of cherry in them. Props and rep for dropping the Chase Candy Co. of St. Joe, Mo. Cherry Mash rocks.

penguinz
10-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Why don't you post your pesto recipe and I'll troll Doggity over it....

His pesto isn't even pesto. Missing a key ingredient.

gblowfish
10-27-2014, 10:58 AM
His pesto isn't even pesto. Missing a key ingredient.

So, let's see your recipe and I'll tell him that you think he's an idiot and a fraud as a cook....

penguinz
10-27-2014, 11:04 AM
So, let's see your recipe and I'll tell him that you think he's an idiot and a fraud as a cook....

Who the fuck pissed in your metamucil this morning?

Dayze
10-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Nice job in the list. You should've taken more shots down field.

gblowfish
10-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Who the fuck pissed in your metamucil this morning?

Is that what that nasty wang flavor was? Must have been one of my cats...

You didn't answer my question.

If you're going be negative and critical, you should at least offer up a beter alternative. I think that's fair.

Trivers
10-27-2014, 11:30 AM
And Wall Crawler is right.

Andy Reid is a moron that is going to cost this team more games over the season than he already has.

Forgive me, I forgot, what NFL team have you coached that makes you qualified to make such a statement? :)

penguinz
10-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Is that what that nasty wang flavor was? Must have been one of my cats...

You didn't answer my question.

If you're going be negative and critical, you should at least offer up a beter alternative. I think that's fair.

His 'pesto' does not have a key ingredient of a pesto. That is all hat needs to be said.

CallMeSquidwad
10-27-2014, 12:28 PM
If you think that Eric Fisher has lived up to the spot he was taken, YOU need to **** off because you've clearly lost your fingertip grip on anything resembling sanity, and have descended into an abyss of irreversible lunacy.

You ever wonder why Alex is so quick to get rid of the football? So quick to take off and run? Why he throws so many checkdowns?

Could it possibly be that the guy protecting (and I use that word very, VERY ****ing loosely here) HIS ****ING BLIND SIDE gets beaten so badly, SO ****ING REGULARLY, that he has simply come to expect it and has set his mental clock on getting rid of the football accordingly?

Eric Fisher is an inconsistent pile of **** at the LT position. He's been beaten so badly at times this year you wonder how he even stays on the field. Ive seen him get uprooted in the run game, carried three steps laterally, and firmly planted into the turf by a defender. And this is supposed to be his area of strength, the run blocking game.

He's tried to block defenders with his ass this year, for ****'s sake. So don't come in here and tell people they shouldn't be calling out Fisher for not living up to R1P1, because he ****ing hasn't. Not even close. Not even a little bit.

Dude was so shit in this game he's false starting AT HOME because he knows he needs every edge he can get. And then gets beaten on the very next play like he's not even there. Commentators (if you call those two talking bags of smashed assholes fox put in there commentators) bust the balls of Jamaal Charles and Travis Kelce for "not helping out their tackle." Hilarious.

Robert Quinn had ONE sack coming into this game. He was a non-factor, and Fisher made him look like the second coming of Reggie White.

Someone better check under that helmet and make sure Jordan Black isn't out there rocking Fisher's jersey.

So did I miss something? What did he do in the second half? Alex Had 4 INCOMPLETIONS! Where was Reggie White?....? Yep I seem to be the one losing a grip on reality. Fisher is asked to do a lot in our screen game and passing game in general; go sit back in your rocker dumbass he isn't Wille Roaf yet, but he's also 23 years old.

bshmerlie
10-27-2014, 01:22 PM
If you think that Eric Fisher has lived up to the spot he was taken, YOU need to **** off because you've clearly lost your fingertip grip on anything resembling sanity, and have descended into an abyss of irreversible lunacy.

Could it possibly be that the guy protecting (and I use that word very, VERY ****ing loosely here) HIS ****ING BLIND SIDE gets beaten so badly, SO ****ING REGULARLY, that he has simply come to expect it and has set his mental clock on getting rid of the football accordingly?

Eric Fisher is an inconsistent pile of **** at the LT position. He's been beaten so badly at times this year you wonder how he even stays on the field. Ive seen him get uprooted in the run game, carried three steps laterally, and firmly planted into the turf by a defender. And this is supposed to be his area of strength, the run blocking game.

He's tried to block defenders with his ass this year, for ****'s sake. So don't come in here and tell people they shouldn't be calling out Fisher for not living up to R1P1, because he ****ing hasn't. Not even close. Not even a little bit.

People just need to calm down. Chill a little bit. No need to raise the blood pressure. The Chiefs played a good game and put a little woopin on the Rams as they should have. Did they play perfect ball....NO. But look at the last several games. They've played very solid games on all three aspects of the game.

Is Fisher a great OT...NO! But life goes on guys. Its a 50% chance on any draft pick in the first round. We got Poe but maybe we missed on Fisher that's the way the cookie crumbles. He may just end up being a backup someday. We go to the well again and hope for a better pick.

I do however like how some of our backups have been stepping up and playing some good football. Why don't we spend more time talking about those guy instead of the few guys who whiff? I think we have a solid football team and I feel confident that we will make the playoffs this year. We couldn't say that even two years ago. I think the Alex and Andy duo is working out great. We're not playing in the gutter with the Raiders and Jaguars anymore. Lets continue to build the team and see what happens.
I think some of you guys are just looking for reasons to feel bad about the team. The team is actually playing better than their talent would suggest considering how many backups they are playing. I'm also a 49er fan and sometimes its just painful to watch them because they are so talented and then they just shoot themselves in the foot with stupid mistakes and penalties. At least the Chiefs are playing sound football. They are not the most talented team but they are playing above expectations.

CallMeSquidwad
10-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Is Fisher a great OT...NO!
I'm sorry but reality check is needed people. You say you're a Niner fan, do you remember Anthony Davis when he was 23? My god, I forget how many sacks Tamba had on him that day but he made him look like a high school waterboy, yet 1 year later Davis was an all-pro.....REALITY CHECK.
Eric Fisher is the best overall o-lineman we have right now today, we have left him on an island against some studs and he has come out looking alright thus far. He will only get better and his confidence will only grow as our offense continues to grow; I will be the one to "be bold" and say right here today I have seen enough from Eric Fisher to know he will be a great Kansas City Chief.

CallMeSquidwad
10-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Proof last night by the fact that outside of 2 plays I completely forgot Robert Quinn was playing last night, and did you see his sack on Fish? JFC I don't think Orlando Pace could have blocked him on that one; he was so low and at such a crazy angle that was unbelievable in itself, but the fact that he was so fast at that contorted angle makes me convinced he was unblockable on that particular play; give the guy his dues he just won on that play.

bshmerlie
10-27-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry but reality check is needed people. You say you're a Niner fan, do you remember Anthony Davis when he was 23? My god, I forget how many sacks Tamba had on him that day but he made him look like a high school waterboy, yet 1 year later Davis was an all-pro.....REALITY CHECK.
Eric Fisher is the best overall o-lineman we have right now today, we have left him on an island against some studs and he has come out looking alright thus far. He will only get better and his confidence will only grow as our offense continues to grow; I will be the one to "be bold" and say right here today I have seen enough from Eric Fisher to know he will be a great Kansas City Chief.
REALTIY CHECK!!!

Did you notice that I said he was not a "Great" OT. I didn't say he was bad...he's just not great right now. It doesn't mean that he can't be down the road that's why I said that "maybe" we missed on him.

The REALITY CHECK is that he is NOT great right now. He still has a lot to learn and needs a lot of time on the field to get better. I for one think people are being a little too harsh on him at this point. But by no means would I say he is a top ten OT. I do think our O-Line has improved over last year....or maybe Alex is just getting rid of the ball sooner... but whatever it takes. I will quote you and say that he has been "alright thus far".

Fritz88
10-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Good job.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
10-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Did anyone else notice how many breaks we got on 3rd down from the officials?

The 2 roughing penalties on one drive helped. Why can't we get those bullshit calls when we play Denver?

cabletech94
10-27-2014, 09:40 PM
blowfish who? ;)

way to go, scho!!!

scho63
10-28-2014, 08:04 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments, pos rep sent, and I appreciate the disagreements or constructive criticism.

This week I can now simply go to the local sports bar to drink and eat with no pressure!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-28-2014, 08:09 AM
:clap: Bravo, dude!

gblowfish
10-28-2014, 09:23 AM
blowfish who? ;)

way to go, scho!!!

Ouch.

Next Sunday I may post "Ten Ways to Make Pesto."