PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Big Ben

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Ben could have shut down and everyone blamed the defense for letting the Colts back in it and lost the game, but instead he said **** no and put the team on his shoulders. This is the difference between what we got and what we want at QB. And 35% of this forum said they would take Alex over Ben LMAO

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roethlisberger-throws-6-tds-steelers-000722679--nfl.html;_ylt=AwrSbDjadk5Uz1oAzIlXNyoA

Hootie
10-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Give it a rest. It's just annoying at this point

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 10:53 AM
ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
10-27-2014, 10:54 AM
Oh for fuck's sake

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 10:54 AM
http://c3.soap.com/images/products/p/aci/aci-005_1z.jpg

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Give it a rest. It's just annoying at this point

Dude. You are the most annoying poster on CP by far. Some of your takes are interesting, but the methed out rapid style of repetitive shit is annoying.

beach tribe
10-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Dude. You are the most annoying poster on CP by far.

At least his range of topics out numbers his eyes.

Gravedigger
So Big Ben hasn't been the same since the Superbowl against the Cardinals, he has one amazing game and you say he's the Quarterback you want and every QB should aspire to be? I think you're giving him the Matt Flynn treatment just a bit. I'd rather have Alex than Big Ben.

Donger
Ben could have shut down and everyone blamed the defense for letting the Colts back in it and lost the game, but instead he said **** no and put the team on his shoulders. This is the difference between what we got and what we want at QB. And 35% of this forum said they would take Alex over Ben LMAO

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roethlisberger-throws-6-tds-steelers-000722679--nfl.html;_ylt=AwrSbDjadk5Uz1oAzIlXNyoA

What does this even mean?

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 10:59 AM
So Big Ben hasn't been the same since the Superbowl against the Cardinals, he has one amazing game and you say he's the Quarterback you want and every QB should aspire to be? I think you're giving him the Matt Flynn treatment just a bit. I'd rather have Alex than Big Ben.

Actually is was more to point to a QB doing more than "enough to win". I get sick of that shit. You do what it takes to win, not what it should have took to win. It's a mentality.

RunKC
10-27-2014, 10:59 AM
This team is 4-3, went 3-2 against winning teams including 4 of the first 6 on the road, and BigCat is dragging his bleeding pussy across the board.

Do us all a favor and either be happy after a win (blowout no less) or drink antifreeze.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 11:00 AM
What does this even mean?

What do you think it means?

BigMeatballDave
Have an Ebola sandwich.

Cat rides the short bus.

lcarus
Yeah god damn Alex for not having one of the best statistical games ever. Fuck him for not throwing over 500 yards and 6 TDs when we really needed him to.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 11:01 AM
This team is 4-3, went 3-2 against winning teams including 4 of the first 6 on the road, and BigCat is dragging his bleeding pussy across the board.

Do us all a favor and either be happy after a win (blowout no less) or drink antifreeze.

Love the win... I guess the Royals have me hoping for a little more than a few regular season wins. My bad fellas. BBQ, beer, and 8-8. Let's do this shit.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Actually is was more to point to a QB doing more than "enough to win". I get sick of that shit. You do what it takes to win, not what it should have took to win. It's a mentality.

Actually its more of revisionist history and personal agenda than it is a mentality...

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Yeah god damn Alex for not having one of the best statistical games ever. **** him for not throwing over 500 yards and 6 TDs when we really needed him to.

It wouldn't have taken that. Don't be dense.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Actually its more of revisionist history and personal agenda than it is a mentality...

It's excuses... it gets old. The coach, the defense, the kicker, the coordinator, dropped pass, injured player etxx... the QB has the best chance to take a game over and win it for the team. Ben just showed that you can still win while everyone else not having a great day.

Donger
10-27-2014, 11:07 AM
What do you think it means?

It seems like you are either just shit stirring or you are complaining that the Chiefs win on Sunday wasn't good enough.

lcarus
10-27-2014, 11:10 AM
It wouldn't have taken that. Don't be dense.

I find it dense to blame that game on Alex Smith in any way. And I know that he's a "game manager". We all know what he is. But he was great in that game.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 11:11 AM
It seems like you are either just shit stirring or you are complaining that the Chiefs win on Sunday wasn't good enough.

Just making a point that many didn't/don't seem to get. I thought a real life example might open a few eyes to the argument, but that's likely wishful thinking.

It seemed too perfect for people to not understand. Same Colts team gets down big, same Colts team comes storming back, one QB keeps on putting points on the board, one QB doesn't. Team with good QB wins, team with meh QB goes home in the playoffs while laying all blame at everyone else's feet. Do they deserve some blame? Sure! Can a great QB overcome situations ike that? Apparently they can. Should we still be looking for such QB instead of latching on to mediocre QB? IMO, we shouldn't settle.

How's that?

lcarus
10-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Just making a point that many didn't/don't seem to get. I thought a real life example might open a few eyes to the argument, but that's likely wishful thinking.

Your real life example is one of the best statistical games a QB has ever had. Yeah, nearly every QB won't ever measure up to that kind of standard.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 11:17 AM

You're fucking stupid if you really believe that.

We get it, we really do.

What most of us hate is the fucking arrogance and audacity that you turd herders seem to think you need to spell it out.

Fuck you.

I've been watching the NFL since the late 70s.

Why Not?
10-27-2014, 11:17 AM
The same Ben that player on of the worst QB games of the season against the vaunted Browns defense a few weeks ago?

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Your real life example is one of the best statistical games a QB has ever had. Yeah, nearly every QB won't ever measure up to that kind of standard.

Right, but it didn't take one of the best games ever to win. That was just gravy. You're being obtuse.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 11:19 AM
The same Ben that player on of the worst QB games of the season against the vaunted Browns defense a few weeks ago?

Yeah, and the same Brady that looked like ass against us. Every QB has a shit week at times, but they have a decent track record of winning some big games here and there.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Right, but it didn't take one of the best games ever to win. That was just gravy. You're being obtuse.

Your being a tetrahedron.

Rasputin
10-27-2014, 11:21 AM
So the Chiefs need a rapist at quarterback? Is that what you are suggesting BCD?

lcarus
10-27-2014, 11:22 AM

It's the example you chose to use though lol. Our playoff loss didn't take one of the best games ever to win either. What Alex did should have been more than enough. I get what you want in a QB. I want it too. Shit we all do. But those dudes don't grow on trees.

bishop_74
10-27-2014, 11:27 AM
If there were 20 Payton Mannings available in the league I could understand your point... "Juts grab one of those guys". That is unfortunately not the case. 3-5 QB play at that level consistently... MAYBE. Its just the way it is. It would be great if we could grab one, but if it were that easy every franchise would have one.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 11:30 AM
If there were 20 Payton Mannings available in the league I could understand your point... "Juts grab one of those guys". That is unfortunately not the case. 3-5 QB play at that level consistently... MAYBE. Its just the way it is. It would be great if we could grab one, but if it were that easy every franchise would have one.

All the Chiefs had to do was draft Geno and the stars would of aligned /BDC, Clayanus and the Trolls

O.city
10-27-2014, 11:31 AM
4 Qb's threw for 400 yards yesterday, 3 of them lost.

lcarus
10-27-2014, 11:32 AM

They should have "put the game on their shoulders and done more like Big Ben did yesterday".

tk13
10-27-2014, 11:38 AM
The funny thing is there are a ton of things you can criticize about Smith's play, and people still choose the playoff game.

tk13
10-27-2014, 11:41 AM

Over the last 8-10 years or so since the game has opened up... guys who throw for 400 actually have a losing record. It's not the indicator of success people think it is.

Donger
10-27-2014, 11:42 AM

It seemed too perfect for people to not understand. Same Colts team gets down big, same Colts team comes storming back, one QB keeps on putting points on the board, one QB doesn't. Team with good QB wins, team with meh QB goes home in the playoffs while laying all blame at everyone else's feet. Do they deserve some blame? Sure! Can a great QB overcome situations ike that? Apparently they can. Should we still be looking for such QB instead of latching on to mediocre QB? IMO, we shouldn't settle.

How's that?

That both teams won? Yes, that's a great point.

TimBone
10-27-2014, 11:49 AM
If Big Ben were to come to KC, I'd probably follow Alex Smith to his next team.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 12:06 PM
If Big Ben were to come to KC, I'd probably follow Alex Smith to his next team.

:LOL:

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Over the last 8-10 years or so since the game has opened up... guys who throw for 400 actually have a losing record. It's not the indicator of success people think it is.

Clay needs to read this.

He will weep.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Grbac threw for 500 in a game, and lost.

Hootie
10-27-2014, 01:03 PM
throwing for 400 in a game generally means you're team is playing from behind

in Roeth's case yesterday...Indy had one of their perennial "I guess we aren't going to show up" games that they have showcased with Luck the first few years of his career.

Pretty baffling, yesterday's game.

Bwana
10-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Geno Smith

Pasta Little Brioni
10-27-2014, 01:10 PM
After reading the responses...Want to get a way?

Shekelsteinberg
10-27-2014, 01:13 PM

You are obsessed. :LOL:

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 01:15 PM
After reading the responses...Want to get a way?

LMAO No. I knew it was a long shot to get the point through.

Shekelsteinberg
10-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Does anyone else get the impression that BigCat doesn't like Alex Smith?

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 01:27 PM

You sure? Lots of people passing on a Franchise Guy in this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278460&highlight=roethlisberger

FringeNC
10-27-2014, 02:05 PM
So the take-away from Big Ben's Big Day is that Alex Smith sucks. Okay.

I don't really remember, but I'm guessing the thread starter was a big Geno Smith supporter. The irony...

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 02:24 PM
So the take-away from Big Ben's Big Day is that Alex Smith sucks. Okay.

I don't really remember, but I'm guessing the thread starter was a big Geno Smith supporter. The irony...

Yes! That's EXACTLY what you should take from it :facepalm: He sucks, horrible, pitiful, worst fucking QB in the league bar none!

Wow. This used to be the place where the Chiefs could be discussed objectively and not some butt hurt super homer forum. It looks like Sandy Vag and his 49er brothers accomplished their mission of flipping this place. My bad fellas. Let me try to blend in here.

#AlexSmithTheGreatest #UndefeatedOnOut #SuperbowlBound

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 02:41 PM
LMAO No. I knew it was a long shot to get the point through.
There is a way to get your point across intelligently vs trolling for attention to drive your agenda.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 02:54 PM
There is a way to get your point across intelligently vs trolling for attention to drive your agenda.

Oh, the point was made and most got it. This board has just become to divisive to have any real dialogue. Any threat to one's view on a topic just causes them to dig those heels in a little more. Most replies in this thread for example.

It's cool. In a few years the image of Pioli and high draft picks will be long gone and being mediocre will grow tiring once again and posters will desire something a little more. i'll be waiting on the other side when the time has come for those to cross over that bridge once again. When average is tiresome and elite is what will be desired. I'll be waiting Runkc... oh I'll be waiting.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Oh, the point was made and most got it. This board has just become to divisive to have any real dialogue. Any threat to one's view on a topic just causes them to dig those heels in a little more. Most replies in this thread for example.

It's cool. In a few years the image of Pioli and high draft picks will be long gone and being mediocre will grow tiring once again and posters will desire something a little more. i'll be waiting on the other side when the time has come for those to cross over that bridge once more.
So glad you can be the martyr and stand up for us blind homer fans.

How will we event thank you?

Bowser
10-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Would you have the opinion you do today of Alex if the defense hadn't shit the bed against the Colts in the playoffs?

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Would you have the opinion you do today of Alex if the defense hadn't shit the bed against the Colts in the playoffs?

Not really a fan of the "if" game. I deal in reality.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm confused. Is this because the NFL is considering putting games in England? Also, who manages that clock? I hope it's not Andy Reid.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 05:34 PM
I deal in reality.

LOL No you don't.

If you did you'd know you are powerless to change any of this.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Ben/Alex arguments aside, if that Steelers team played ANY defense, they'd be fucking filthy.

Solid running game, Antonio Brown is a beast, and Ben has found a new toy in Bryant.

If even part of that offense shows up when we play them, Alex will have his work cut out for him.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 05:38 PM
LOL No you don't.

<b>If you did you'd know you are powerless to change any of this.</b>

Well sure, but that's never prevented anyone from discussing anything. I don't presume that I'll be able to persuade Andy Reid that Smith isn't the right guy to lead the team. If we did things your way nobody would be posting here, BigMeatDragonDave.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 05:39 PM
We can't change anything, so Kyle might as well shut the place down and save some cash.

Saccopoo
10-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Yeah, and the same Brady that looked like ass against us. Every QB has a shit week at times, but they have a decent track record of winning some big games here and there.

Were you high as shit when you started this thread through the followups?

Mav
10-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Ben/Alex arguments aside, if that Steelers team played ANY defense, they'd be fucking filthy.

Solid running game, Antonio Brown is a beast, and Ben has found a new toy in Bryant.

If even part of that offense shows up when we play them, Alex will have his work cut out for him.
This is a great post

Rasputin
10-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Alex Smith needs to rape moar.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 05:48 PM

.Have you followed this team at all?

Last night's game looks like an Outlier.

They lost at home to Tampa.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 05:48 PM
This is a great post

Thanks.

Ceej
10-27-2014, 05:50 PM
This Steelers team smells like an 8-8 team.

We will be back here to remind you when Ben shits the bed because it's going to happen.

I'm a huge of BR too.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 05:50 PM
This is a great post

Not really

Bowser
10-27-2014, 05:52 PM

The reality is you don't like Alex because he doesn't put up the flashy fantasy football numbers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-27-2014, 05:56 PM

Franchise QB is the agenda.

And no, the musings of Mayock regarding Alex count not.

Boy, people sure do live this shit week to week, with no regard for the length of the season.

But that's okay, I've plenty of time to wait for tomorrow.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Franchise QB is the agenda.

And no, the musings of Mayock regarding Alex count not.

Boy, people sure do live this shit week to week, with no regard for the length of the season.

But that's okay, I've plenty of time to wait for tomorrow.

It's football. Just watch it.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 06:08 PM
Have you followed this team at all?

Last night's game looks like an Outlier.

They lost at home to Tampa.

And we lost at home to Tennessee.

Your point?

Because the one you're trying to make makes you look ridiculous for lecturing people about how long you've been watching football.

If you watched as much as you claim, you'd know that it's a long season, and that teams goes through ups and downs.

Hell, everyone wants to crow about how badly we beat NE, but lets face it - we caught them at their lowest point. If we played them next week, we beat them MAYBE 4/10 times.

Pittsburgh has the smell of an 8-8 team, no doubt.

But it's because they don't play a lick of defense.

O.city
10-27-2014, 06:10 PM
As long as the Chiefs can effectively rush the passer, they'll be in games.

Anymore, that's the only way to play defense. The Colts can't rush the passer right now and we're dropping 8 in coverage and Ben torched them.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 06:10 PM
This Steelers team smells like an 8-8 team.

We will be back here to remind you when Ben shits the bed because it's going to happen.

I'm a huge of BR too.

Of course it's going to happen. He's an NFL QB.

They aren't perfect every week.

The Steelers may well be an 8-8 team, but it sure as hell isn't because of the QB - a two-time SB Champion who happens to be the only guy in league history to throw for 500 yards in a game twice.

Ceej
10-27-2014, 06:15 PM

The Steelers may well be an 8-8 team, but it sure as hell isn't because of the QB - a two-time SB Champion who happens to be the only guy in league history to throw for 500 yards in a game twice.

I never claimed he was perfect. Dude played a nearly flawless game Sunday against a pretty salty defense. Kinda fluky to me.

Ben has also shit the bed quite a few times too. I think the key is his O-Line and they've been playing well and staying healthy.

Now, would I take BR over Alex? 10 out of 10 Times - no questions asked. I just like how the OP masks his disdain for Alex by waiting until BR throws for crazy records, against the Colts coincidentally. When AS might have played his best game ever last year on their turf, without our best offensive weapon/s.

And this team would be best in the league if they could play a lick of defense.

TripleThreat
10-27-2014, 06:30 PM
thread is fail, wont even waste my time giving a actual response because the OP sure hasnt

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 06:43 PM
And we lost at home to Tennessee.

Your point?

LMAO Typical response. I was waiting for it. I was not talking about the Chiefs. Never mentioned them.

I quoted your post because you were fellating them.

My point of the 'lecture' was due to several here who push their agenda.

It's not serious discussion. We all know what the Chiefs need to do.

I don't need it shoved down my throat every fucking day.

And every damn thread turns into the same Alex sucks argument.

It's sad that the only real Chiefs discussion is with Bronco fans and who has the best pass rusher.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 06:46 PM

Eh, Grbac once threw for 500 in a game.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 06:53 PM
LMAO Typical response. I was waiting for it. I was not talking about the Chiefs. Never mentioned them.

I quoted your post because you were fellating them.

My point of the 'lecture' was due to several here who push their agenda.

It's not serious discussion. We all know what the Chiefs need to do.

I don't need it shoved down my throat every fucking day.

And every damn thread turns into the same Alex sucks argument.

It's sad that the only real Chiefs discussion is with Bronco fans and who has the best pass rusher.

It had nothing to do with Alex, you stupid fuck.

I made a point to say, "Alex/Ben arguments aside..."

If your pussy wasn't bleeding, and you actually read posts instead of arguing shit that wasn't said, you'd realize that.

The Chiefs were convenient because *gasp* this is a Chiefs board, and everyone seems to think Tennessee is ignorable. Teams have bad weeks. Pointing to the Tampa game as evidence proves how fucking stupid you are.

Have a good night.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 07:01 PM
It had nothing to do with Alex, you stupid fuck.

I made a point to say, "Alex/Ben arguments aside..."

If your pussy wasn't bleeding, and you actually read posts instead of arguing shit that wasn't said, you'd realize that.

The Chiefs were convenient because *gasp* this is a Chiefs board, and everyone seems to think Tennessee is ignorable. Teams have bad weeks. Pointing to the Tampa game as evidence proves how fucking stupid you are.

Have a good night. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the kind words.

Get some sleep, grouch.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 07:02 PM
:rolleyes:

Thank you for the kind words.

Get some sleep, grouch.

Don't be a dumbfuck, and you don't have to worry about it.

Keep posting like Splatbass Jr, and you'll keep getting treated like a dumbfuck.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Don't be a dumbfuck, and you don't have to worry about it.

Keep posting like Splatbass Jr, and you'll keep getting treated like a dumbfuck.

I rest my case.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 07:12 PM
I rest my case.

What case is that, Counselor?

You still haven't made a point, other than showing that you don't actually read people's posts before you respond.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2014, 07:20 PM

You still haven't made a point, other than showing that you don't actually read people's posts before you respond.

I struck a nerve, and I wasn't even trying.

Such hostility.

I don't get this pissy, and I have cancer, FFS.

LMAO

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 07:23 PM

In his defense there was about a dozen people creating strawmen in this thread. He didnt have a monopoly on it but went with the theme.

stevieray
10-27-2014, 07:23 PM
wewonsoIneedtofindsomethingtobitchabout

O.city
10-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Winning is a powerful deodorant.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2014, 07:27 PM
In his defense there was about a dozen people creating strawmen in this thread. He didnt have a monopoly on it but went with the theme.

Then he should quote one of those people, not the one who went out of his way to ignore all the fucking drama about our fucking QB.

Or, he can continue being a dipshit, and creating an argument where one didn't exist.

stevieray
10-27-2014, 07:27 PM

says the guy who deepthroated Geno a year after he was drafted by the Jets.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 07:33 PM

says the guy who deepthroated Geno a year after he was drafted by the Jets.

Says thw dipshit that thinks he is Elvis. LMAO

stevieray
10-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Says thw dipshit that thinks he is Elvis. LMAO

tapout accepted.

BigCatDaddy
10-27-2014, 07:42 PM
tapout accepted.

Well yeah. When we start talking superior football intellect Stevieray is the the first poster that pops in everyones head :facepalm:

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 07:45 PM
BigCatDaddy did you deep throat Geno?

stevieray
10-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Well yeah. When we start talking superior football intellect Stevieray is the the first poster that pops in everyones head :facepalm:

I thought it was Elvis, genoholster...

...deflecting doesn't change the facts.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 07:56 PM
I thought it was Elvis, genoholster...

...deflecting doesn't change the facts.

Genoholster?

ROFL Well played

Baby Lee
10-27-2014, 08:19 PM
ROFL

What you say

Yes! That's EXACTLY what you should take from it :facepalm: He sucks, horrible, pitiful, worst fucking QB in the league bar none!

Wow. This used to be the place where the Chiefs could be discussed objectively and not some butt hurt super homer forum. It looks like Sandy Vag and his 49er brothers accomplished their mission of flipping this place. My bad fellas. Let me try to blend in here.

#AlexSmithTheGreatest #UndefeatedOnOut #SuperbowlBound

What you mean

Well sure, but that's never prevented anyone from discussing anything. I don't presume that I'll be able to persuade Andy Reid that Smith isn't the right guy to lead the team. If we did things your way nobody would be posting here, BigMeatDragonDave.

What is remotely objective about the stance of 'Alex Smith, who isn't going anywhere and is really an impediment to a Chiefs win, is the one thing that MUST change for me to stop weeping my vag all over the board?'

Baby Lee
10-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Winning is a powerful deodorant.

You just don't get it. Winning the SB is the ONLY deodorant. The other 260 some-odd games a year are just a complete waste of time for small minded people satisfied with a belly full of BBQ.

Baby Lee
10-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Genoholster?

ROFL Well played

Might I humbly suggest chocogobbler?

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Might I humbly suggest chocogobbler?

ROFL

Reerun_KC
10-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Baby Lee on fire tonight....

Mav
10-27-2014, 08:37 PM

Not true. Norm van Brocklin. 60 years ago, but it happened.

Hootie
10-27-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm not 100% convinced we'd be a better team with Ben at QB ... and that's not me saying "Alex > Ben."

Ben and Aaron like to hold the ball in the pocket and extend plays and end up taking way too many sacks...I don't think that would work with our line in this offense.

Alex runs this offense all things considered really well...at least he has so far sans 1 game (a game in which I thought the playcalling was atrocious).

Jimmya
10-27-2014, 10:12 PM
Quote of the day from Sirius Radio "the only people that believe Alex Smith is a top tier qb reside in the Kansas City area."

Baby Lee
10-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Quote of the day from Sirius Radio "the only people that pay even a little bit of attention to the Chiefs reside in the Kansas City area."

FYP

Not saying Alex is 'elite' whatever that means today, certain to change tomorrow and again next week. Just that the overwhelming majority of what the rest of the nation knows about Alex is in the fantasy league write-up.

I WOULD wager that, win or lose, the fans of every one of the Chiefs opponents this year skew to the higher end of his assessment nationwide.

temper11
10-28-2014, 01:58 AM

How's that?

Because the absolute only difference between these two games were the QBs. Gotcha. Nothing else was different at all.

So by that measure... Smith is much better than Kaepernick because the Chiefs played the Broncos down to the wire while the 49ers were absolutely embarrassed by 5 head and crew. Smith must also clearly be better than Cutler and Dalton because he blew out the Patriots while those two QB's lost against that very same team. And Smith must be a far better QB than Russel Wilson because the Chiefs pounded the Rams and the Seahawks did not. Except that doesn't work because the Seahawks beat the Broncos... hmm...

Oh right, this is all completely ridiculous.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2014, 02:06 AM
FYP

Not saying Alex is 'elite' whatever that means today, certain to change tomorrow and again next week. Just that the overwhelming majority of what the rest of the nation knows about Alex is in the fantasy league write-up.

I WOULD wager that, win or lose, the fans of every one of the Chiefs opponents this year skew to the higher end of his assessment nationwide.

The Chiefs absolutely destroyed the Patriots on MNF and all anyone could talk about was Tom Brady and Belichick.

All of the NFL scribes praised Rivers and his "amazing play" and many thought they were the best team in the NFL. The Chiefs beat them on the road and all those same people could say was that San Diego had a bad day.

It never ends.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2014, 02:08 AM

Why are people so dense around here?

One game?

Get a clue:

http://i.imgur.com/Z7LrHqS.jpg

Big Ben is an absolute beast this season. He is having his best season ever.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2014, 07:36 AM
It's football. Just watch it.

Yeah, wake me when the Chiefs do something in life. I've been riding on the big red Rosa Parks bus for 25 years, and no longer wish to partake in "the struggle".

lcarus
10-28-2014, 08:16 AM
I mean if BigCat's argument is that Big Ben is better than Alex, you won't get an argument from me at all. I just really don't get the Alex bashing when it comes to the playoff game. We could have won that game by handing off every play with a 24 point lead possibly.

Bowser
10-28-2014, 11:48 AM
The Chiefs absolutely destroyed the Patriots on MNF and all anyone could talk about was Tom Brady and Belichick.

All of the NFL scribes praised Rivers and his "amazing play" and many thought they were the best team in the NFL. The Chiefs beat them on the road and all those same people could say was that San Diego had a bad day.

It never ends.

I noticed on the NFL Facebook feed after the Pats game that the NFL chose for their MUST SEE! moment of the game the part where Belichick forced Reid to take a timeout because of a possible fake punt/run the offense back on the field on fourth down. All the plays the Chiefs made in that game, and THAT was their "Must See" moment of the game. Dead serious.

Oh, and here's my official welcome back greeting to you. This place is worse than heroin, isn't it?

ModSocks
10-28-2014, 12:47 PM

It never ends.

Listening to San Diego Sports radio, you'd think that the Chiefs we're the freaking Jaguars. Every morning i hear about how the Chiefs were the one team the Chargers were suppose to beat and that's the ONE loss that SD is going to regret etc.

They talk like KC was suppose to be an easy W.

I wanna call in and talk shit, but i know they'd never take my call. I'd never make it past the pre-call screening.

It's as if they don't realize that 3/4 of the Chiefs wins were complete blowouts, and they were within one score against the Donks and 9ers. Drives me fucking nuts the amount of disrespect they get. They're finally playing like a team that deserves respect, still not getting it.

TEX
10-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Listening to San Diego Sports radio, you'd think that the Chiefs we're the freaking Jaguars. Every morning i hear about how the Chiefs were the one team the Chargers were suppose to beat and that's the ONE loss that SD is going to regret etc.

They talk like KC was suppose to be an easy W.

I wanna call in and talk shit, but i know they'd never take my call. I'd never make it past the pre-call screening.

It's as if they don't realize that 3/4 of the Chiefs wins were complete blowouts, and they were within one score against the Donks and 9ers. Drives me ****ing nuts the amount of disrespect they get. They're finally playing like a team that deserves respect, still not getting it.

I hear ya. Gotta WIN in the playoffs for that.

BigCatDaddy
11-02-2014, 11:17 PM
1 hit wonder.

TimBone
11-02-2014, 11:42 PM
1 hit wonder.
Very similar to Tebow, that one.

Jimmya
11-03-2014, 06:20 AM
Steve Young "Right now Big Ben is easily the best Qb in the NFL!"

Molitoth
11-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Steve Young "Right now Big Ben is easily the best Qb in the NFL!"

and that is with Todd Haley.

Hootie
11-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Give me a break. He's not the best QB in the NFL because he had two great weeks. My God

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Give me a break. He's not the best QB in the NFL because he had two great weeks. My God

522 Yards!

Fantasy Rules!

BigCatDaddy
11-03-2014, 09:57 AM
522 Yards!

Fantasy Rules!

Scoring points is over rated /CP

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Scoring points is over rated /CP

Idiot.

BigCatDaddy
11-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Its too bad Alex only played fantasy football in the playoffs instead of winning which is what matters. right?

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Its too bad Alex only played fantasy football in the playoffs instead of winning which is what matters. right?

Yards are an overrated stat.

If you can't see that, you are just plain stupid.

Chiefs and Steelers have the same record, basically, with AS not throwing over 300 yards.

Peyton lost a SB to a QB who passed for less than 4000 yards to his 5400.

Please continue spouting your dumbassery. You make me feel like a savant.

And no, retards, I don't think AS is better than the rapist or any of these QBs.

Wallcrawler
11-03-2014, 10:44 AM
There is a strong smell of some Andy Reidish dipshittery in this thread.

Ill explain.

Andy: I want to win the game, but I don't want to do it handing the ball off to Jamaal and Knile. I want to win by throwing the football every down!! Its just not good enough to win by simply turning and handing the ball off! Im an offensive guru dammit! I have a reputation to uphold. I wont look super smart if I just give the ball to my best player. I have to win through pass pass pass!!

CP: I want the Chiefs to win, but I don't want them to do it with Alex Smith going 24/28, moving the football efficiently and not throwing any touchdowns!! I want a QB that throws 400 yards a game and 4 TD!! I don't like these wins where he only misses 4-10 of his passes, doesn't get picked off, and doesn't throw a TD to a WR. Waaaah! Waaaaaah! When will we ever get a franchise QB, and not some guy who just runs deadly efficient, clock killing drives and doesn't turn the ball over? Why cant we just get some gunslinger that will turn the ball over as much as he throws tds!?

Hilarious.

Please, continue.

BigCatDaddy
11-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Chiefs and Steelers have the same record, basically, with AS not throwing over 300 yards.

And no, retards, I don't think AS is better than the rapist or any of these QBs.

Oh... so moving the football is what is over rated.

Easy 6
11-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Bit more worried about this game than I was two weeks ago, looks like they've found a way to make Haleys offense work.

Molitoth
11-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Bit more worried about this game than I was two weeks ago, looks like they've found a way to make Haleys offense work.

I still blame Haley's failure in KC on Pioli forcing Cassel down his throat.

O.city
11-03-2014, 11:54 AM
The steelers sure know how to find wrs

ThaVirus
11-03-2014, 12:12 PM

The Steelers have one more win than us.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 12:14 PM
The Steelers have one more win than us.

LOL No shit?

That is why I said BASICALLY. They haven't had their bye.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 12:15 PM
The steelers sure know how to find wrs

No argument there.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 12:16 PM

Sure didn't help his cause.

O.city
11-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Teams that are losing pass more. Teams that are able to successfully pass more generally put up more points faster.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Oh... so moving the football is what is over rated.

Of course not.

You just think it all must be through the air.

ThaVirus
11-03-2014, 12:20 PM
LOL No shit?

That is why I said BASICALLY. They haven't had their bye.

That one win is a pretty big difference. Especially with our game next week looking like it could easily be a loss.

Easy 6
11-03-2014, 12:24 PM

Pioli poisoned the entire organization, no doubt... from terrible personnel decisions to morale and soul crushing pettiness, you name it.

Chiefs Scratch
11-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I guess his jaw didn't bother him that bad.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Everything is rigged and overrated.

BigCatDaddy
11-03-2014, 12:41 PM
I would love to see the QB's that CP would put in the HOF. TD's, yards, completions would all be ignored.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 12:55 PM
That one win is a pretty big difference. Especially with our game next week looking like it could easily be a loss.

Ugh. You obviously missed the point of that post.

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 12:56 PM
I would love to see the QB's that CP would put in the HOF. TD's, yards, completions would all be ignored.

:facepalm:

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Everything is rigged and overrated.

Denver? Yes!

BigCatDaddy
11-03-2014, 01:02 PM
:facepalm:

Come on man. The HOF voters still need to start looking at how a defense performed with that QB on the team, how few of INT's did he throw, nd how many 1st downs a guy ran for. Screw all that other fantasy stuff.

Hootie
11-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Roeth has been unbelievable the last two weeks. He's still not in the first tier of NFL QBs ... firmly in the elite 2nd

Jimmya
11-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Most teams would take Big Ben right now if they could.

Hootie
11-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Most teams would take Big Ben right now if they could.
Gee, ya think?

Rausch
11-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Roeth has been unbelievable the last two weeks. He's still not in the first tier of NFL QBs ... firmly in the elite 2nd

I think he's in the 1st. He's top 5 now.

And he's got a ton of talent around him...

BigMeatballDave
11-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I think he's in the 1st. He's top 5 now.

And he's got a ton of talent around him...

Your Steeler homer notwithstanding...

:)

Ceej
11-09-2014, 03:16 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

mikey23545
11-09-2014, 03:23 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-09-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.discountsoccerjerseys.com/products/teeter_smiley.gif

Mav
11-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Like I said. Pittsburgh is fraudulent.

Ceej
11-09-2014, 03:26 PM
BIG BEEEENE RULESZ!!!!!

BigCatDaddy
11-09-2014, 09:20 PM
What am I missing here? Ben 340 yards passing Alex about half that at 177 yards and we are mocking Ben? Please identify yourself as either troll or moran.

SAUTO
11-09-2014, 09:22 PM
What am I missing here? Ben 340 yards passing Alex about half that at 177 yards and we are mocking Ben? Please identify yourself as either troll or moran.

And 30 of 43.

2ints.

And a garbage time 80 yard td.

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2014, 10:33 PM

This is stupid.

Since when are yards more important than points?

RunKC
11-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Alex just beat an elite defense with a bottom 5 OL and WR corps..

O.city
11-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Yards are overvalued.

Gadzooks
11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
I had Ben stashed on my main FF team all season as a backup for Rivers' bye week.
He shit the bed. Fuck that guy.

rabblerouser
11-09-2014, 10:59 PM

This is true.

Imon Yourside
11-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Alex Smiff Sux!

TimBone
11-09-2014, 11:09 PM
This is stupid.

He's grasping, man. Just show mercy and look away.

Hammock Parties
11-09-2014, 11:10 PM

I'm happy with the result of the game but it's not accurate to say he beat them. He managed to not lose the game, however, and that means more than people think. It's not a backhanded compliment.

A lot of QBs would have been shitting turnovers in that game, and few would have had the speed to run it in at the end.

BigCatDaddy
11-10-2014, 07:18 AM
This is stupid.

I don't know, Meat.

I keep getting various opinions on how you value a QB.

Pre 2013 I was told it was all about QB rating.

The first half of the 2013 season I was told it was all about wins.

The 2nd half of the 2013 season I was told it was all about yards and TD's.

Right now I'm hearing it's ability to run with the ball when needed and guys like Brees, Rogers, and Ben are only good for playing fantasy football.

It gets quite confusing.

SAUTO
11-10-2014, 07:24 AM
I had Ben stashed on my main FF team all season as a backup for Rivers' bye week.
He shit the bed. Fuck that guy.

how many points did he score in your league?

Mav
11-10-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm happy with the result of the game but it's not accurate to say he beat them. He managed to not lose the game, however, and that means more than people think. It's not a backhanded compliment.

A lot of QBs would have been shitting turnovers in that game, and few would have had the speed to run it in at the end.
As accurate a statement as you will find.

Mav
11-10-2014, 07:36 AM
I don't know, Meat.

Right now I'm hearing it's ability to run with the ball when needed and guys like Brees, Rogers, and Ben are only good for playing fantasy football.

It gets quite confusing.
It depends what you value. The goal for chiefs fans seem to be a playoff win. You can't get that with out regular season wins.

It depends on your taste.

BigMeatballDave
11-10-2014, 07:52 AM
I don't know, Meat.

It gets quite confusing.

Still has nothing to do with yards.

Roethlisberger put up 340 yesterday, but only scored 13.

As good as Wilson is, he rarely puts up 300+ in a game. Once this season.

BigCatDaddy
11-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Still has nothing to do with yards.

Roethlisberger put up 340 yesterday, but only scored 13.

As good as Wilson is, he rarely puts up 300+ in a game. Once this season.

That's not correct.

http://thesportingtruth.com/?p=1723

mikey23545
11-10-2014, 08:10 AM
I don't know, Meat.

It gets quite confusing.

It's doing whichever one of those things you need to do to win, idiot.

BigMeatballDave
11-10-2014, 10:00 AM
That's not correct.

http://thesportingtruth.com/?p=1723

Whatever. I'm correct a metric ton more than you.

Stats are for losers.

l4z4rd
11-10-2014, 10:17 AM
I don't know, Meat.

It gets quite confusing.

yards are meaningless without points. Big Ben led his team to 2 FGs and a garbage time TD with a minute left.

Ceej
11-10-2014, 11:19 AM
One team beat a potential playoff team on the road.

The other team embarrassed itself on the road against a bottom five team.

Gee, this is hard to figure out.

BigCatDaddy
11-10-2014, 06:35 PM
2 x Superbowl winner that just put together one of the best 2 game stretches or a feller called Smittys? LMAO

ModSocks
11-10-2014, 06:38 PM
2 x Superbowl winner that just put together one of the best 2 game stretches or a feller called Smittys? LMAO

Why does this matter?

Was Ben available for two 2nds?

Hammock Parties
11-10-2014, 06:39 PM
I think the Steelers have a coaching problem. They can't seem to get up for the shitty teams and it haunts them.

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I think the Steelers have a coaching problem. They can't seem to get up for the shitty teams and it haunts them.

Are they still your Super Bowl pick or did you turn tail on them too?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-10-2014, 06:44 PM

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/haleyfyou.gif

Hammock Parties
11-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Are they still your Super Bowl pick or did you turn tail on them too?

No. I still think they'll get up when they need to.

Big Ben is playing too well.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Losses to the bucs and jets...ouch

mdchiefsfan
11-10-2014, 06:56 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/haleyfyou.gif

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2014, 07:10 PM
OMG YARDS!!!!! Didn't KC just put 24 on the Jets?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-10-2014, 07:10 PM
LMAO

I like Thomas Jones thinking, "oh shit".

BigMeatballDave
11-10-2014, 07:14 PM
No. I still think they'll get up when they need to.

Big Ben is playing too well.

I don't think so. Just way too inconsistent.

Losing to Tampa and NY. Plus, struggling to win vs Jacksonville.