PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Strange deal with StubHub / Arrowhead.

DRU
10-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Long story short, I had a ticket posted on StubHub for the game last week. Sunday morning, it had not sold, so I logged in (fighting with the website because it kept telling me it couldn't complete the task and I needed to try later) and eventually was able to deactivate the ticket, to which I received the proper notification confirming as much.

I get to the game and somebody ends up coming down saying we're in his seat. He had his receipt from StubHub and everything showing he had purchased it.

What's interesting to me is that neither of us were denied at the gate with the same bar code on our ticket. StubHub just gives him the same PDF that I get from my actual season ticket holder system, so it had my name on it, and it was the same bar code. Again, though, we both got scanned into the stadium without any issue. Hmmmmm....???

We went up to the Fans First booth and as soon as I showed them my ID which matched the name on the tickets they told me to go back to my seats. They said they hate StubHub and this sort of thing happens all the time. They said they were just going to relocate the other guy. I'm not sure where they wound up putting him, but the ticket he bought was in section 119, so it's a pretty good seat and he wasn't happy when I left.

Anyway, I just thought that was very interested that the same bar code worked twice to get into the stadium. Seems like that would open the door for all sorts of fraud.

InChiefsHeaven
10-28-2014, 04:52 PM
I'd be pissed as hell if I were that guy for sure. And you didn't get paid either! So the guy bought your ticket, stub hub keeps the money, and you and the other guy have to deal with it.

That sucks. Thanks for the heads up. I go to ticket exchange, so far no problems.

TribalElder
10-28-2014, 04:56 PM
It's most likely a problem with the hand held scanners checking in scanned tickets in batches and not real time. Different gates at the same ish time they don't catch it ?

Print a copy for a friend and see if they can piggy back in :shrug:

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Exactly why I carry a .45 Kimber !

DRU
10-28-2014, 04:59 PM
I'd be pissed as hell if I were that guy for sure. And you didn't get paid either! So the guy bought your ticket, stub hub keeps the money, and you and the other guy have to deal with it.

That sucks. Thanks for the heads up. I go to ticket exchange, so far no problems.

Actually, I forgot to mention, they said that as long as he doesn't call to complain then I do still get paid. Up to this point, I have still not received any notification that he complained, so Arrowhead must have done something to keep him happy.

So yeah, I basically got my ticket paid for. I did miss a large portion of the 1st QTR, though, dealing with it.

TribalElder
10-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Actually, I forgot to mention, they said that as long as he doesn't call to complain then I do still get paid. Up to this point, I have still not received any notification that he complained, so Arrowhead must have done something to keep him happy.

So yeah, I basically got my ticket paid for. I did miss a large portion of the 1st QTR, though, dealing with it.

Sounds like the new hustle for free season tickets

TinyEvel
10-28-2014, 08:51 PM
That's why I only get my Arrowhead tickets through Chiefs Planet. Thanks CrazyCoffey! :thumb:

nstygma
10-28-2014, 08:57 PM
I ordered tickets from them for the MNF game, and the app didn't verify the purchase, just completed it without asking if I was sure. I called in immediately and tried to undo that, but they could not. However, they did credit me the entire amount of purchase, which I used later on more tickets.

I suppose they make so much unearned money they can do that without hesitation.

Chiefshrink
10-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Sounds like the new hustle for free season tickets

BINGO;)

DRU
11-03-2014, 10:19 AM
I talked to my season ticket manager and he says the barcodes definitely should not have been able to be used more than once. Just said he'll pass on my feedback.

cookster50
11-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Way to ruin it for everyone else.

DRU
11-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Way to ruin it for everyone else.

Yeah, because everybody wants to spend the 1st qtr of their games at the Fans First booth.

wazu
11-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Pretty cool to see that the Chiefs handled this well.