PDA

View Full Version : Royals ***The Official "My Stomach Is In Knots and I Can't Sleep Thread***

Silock
10-29-2014, 01:09 AM
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

LET'S FUCKING DO THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a weird feeling to know that I'm going to be crying at some point tomorrow.

Direckshun
10-29-2014, 01:10 AM
I almost certainly will not be crying, but this has probably been the most unreal experience of my young, sports-obsessed life.

10-29-2014, 01:17 AM
I can't sleep either. Because then I would get fired. LMAO

If we win, I'm not sure how I will react. Excited of course, but I don't know if it will be emotional excitement or not.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-29-2014, 01:18 AM
First championship for a team you follow for you guys? While alive?

Why Not?
10-29-2014, 01:20 AM

Does Hawaii baseball winning the WAC Championship one year count?

Silock
10-29-2014, 01:23 AM

I've seen KU win in 2008. I've also seen them fail a lot.

Direckshun
10-29-2014, 01:24 AM
I can't sleep either. Because then I would get fired. LMAO

LMAO

Somebody YouTube up some lullabies in this bitch.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2014, 01:25 AM
If the Royals win tonight you guys might be surprised by the emotions you experience.

When the Mavericks won in 2011 it was surreal and surprising. I did not react the way I thought I would.

Make sure you are watching with loved ones, though.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-29-2014, 01:25 AM
Does Hawaii baseball winning the WAC Championship one year count?

Whatever makes ya tick man!

Only Championships I've seen in my lifetime for a team I care about are Penguins 3 times. Other than that I haven't sniffed a championship in any other sport since Va. Tech lost the national championship game with Vick.

Very glad I'm a hockey fan lol.

I just know the feeling of going into game 7, after years of disappointment, then winning that son of a bitch.

I sincerely hope you guys get that feeling at least once! Good luck to your Royals!

Direckshun
10-29-2014, 01:26 AM

Celtics fan here.

When they won the whole thing in 2008, it was the first championship for one of "my teams" I've ever seen.

There've been some satisfying BCS Bowl games, however.

10-29-2014, 01:28 AM
LMAO

Somebody YouTube up some lullabies in this bitch.

Bastard!!!!:cuss: LMAO

10-29-2014, 01:29 AM
If the Royals win tonight you guys might be surprised by the emotions you experience.

When the Mavericks won in 2011 it was surreal and surprising. I did not react the way I thought I would.

Make sure you are watching with loved ones, though.

I hate that I have to go to work tomorrow night. I want to hang out with friends and watch the game without having to worry about getting to work.

Being responsible sucks man.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-29-2014, 01:30 AM
I remember game 7 in Detroit, this was 2009 season up by 1. and they play the final countdown in the arena.. I have never been so nervous in my life.

When the Pens won I bought every GD item I could to commemorate the event.

Sucks being a Chiefs fan when I think of the success of my other team :(

J Diddy
10-29-2014, 01:30 AM
The official Rod Stewart had that problem and had to get his stomach pumped response.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-29-2014, 01:34 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rNAh5MsIbwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Personal nostalgia!!

10-29-2014, 01:35 AM
The official Rod Stewart had that problem and had to get his stomach pumped response.

JFC ROFL 80's headlines FTW

keg in kc
10-29-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm working, so I couldn't sleep if I wanted to.

Not nervous at all about the game. They really have nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned. This season is a monumental success whatever happens tomorrow. I mean, sure winning would be awesome in ways I probably can't even imagine, and I really, really, really, really, really hope they do - it would literally be one of the greatest underdog stories of all time - but at the same time I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if they should happen to lose. Not because I don't care; because whatever happens I'm really proud of the fuckers.

Direckshun
10-29-2014, 01:41 AM
That said, when my Celtics won it all in 2008, two things stood out.

The first was Garnett's epic "anything is possible" shitfit that was one part awesome and three parts so-insane-I-almost-called-911.

The second was Pierce getting MVP of the series, standing near-alone on a platform above the parquet with confetti collapsing around him, swamped in media, and just shouted with joy.

Was so happy for him.

Direckshun
10-29-2014, 01:41 AM

Not nervous at all about the game. They really have nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned. This season is a monumental success whatever happens tomorrow. I mean, sure winning would be awesome in ways I probably can't even imagine, and I really, really, really, really, really hope they do - it would literally be one of the greatest underdog stories of all time - but at the same time I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if they should happen to lose. Not because I don't care; because whatever happens I'm really proud of the ****ers.

Exactly how I feel.

J Diddy
10-29-2014, 01:42 AM

Not nervous at all about the game. They really have nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned. This season is a monumental success whatever happens tomorrow. I mean, sure winning would be awesome in ways I probably can't even imagine, and I really, really, really, really, really hope they do - it would literally be one of the greatest underdog stories of all time - but at the same time I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if they should happen to lose. Not because I don't care; because whatever happens I'm really proud of the fuckers.

Oh so THIS

keg in kc
10-29-2014, 01:43 AM
True story, I didn't own any Royals gear until this year. Got a free hat for a Uline shipping order back in the spring.

I think I've worn it every day for the last two months. While my poor chiefs hat gathers dust.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-29-2014, 01:44 AM

The first was Garnett's epic "anything is possible" shitfit that was one part awesome and three parts so-insane-I-almost-called-911.

The second was Pierce getting MVP of the series, standing near-alone on a platform above the parquet with confetti collapsing around him, swamped in media, and just shouted with joy.

Was so happy for him.

Being basically a Pittsburgh person, I never got basketball in my blood. We got more of a hockey vibe here. None the less that was an AMAZING moment! So glad someone who cares got to describe it!

If only I'd of picked the Steelers lol!

Silock
10-29-2014, 02:05 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

10-29-2014, 02:07 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Just imagine how your night would be if the Chiefs were in the superbowl.

Direckshun
10-29-2014, 02:13 AM
ChiefsPlanet would shut down if that happened.

No way this board could handle that insanity.

Silock
10-29-2014, 02:22 AM
Just imagine how your night would be if the Chiefs were in the superbowl.

Because of the way this has all happened, I don't know if it would be worse. Don't get me wrong, I love the Chiefs and all, but the magic of his postseason would be almost impossible to replicate in the NFL. So many storylines. So many games.

A Super Bowl would be awesome, for sure. But I can't imagine it being BETTER than this.

10-29-2014, 02:28 AM
It has definitely reminded me how much better a series of games is rather than win or go home.

kysirsoze
10-29-2014, 05:22 AM

Not nervous at all about the game. They really have nothing to lose as far as I'm concerned. This season is a monumental success whatever happens tomorrow. I mean, sure winning would be awesome in ways I probably can't even imagine, and I really, really, really, really, really hope they do - it would literally be one of the greatest underdog stories of all time - but at the same time I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if they should happen to lose. Not because I don't care; because whatever happens I'm really proud of the ****ers.

Totally agree with the pride. This season has been magic no matter what. That said, it would just be on another level to win. I have no idea how I'll react. The Jayhawks winning in 08 is the only championship I've enjoyed of a favorite team, but college hoops can't compare with baseball as far as importance to me personally. Ugh.... I just want the game to fucking start.

Hootie
10-29-2014, 06:22 AM
Can't wait. Waited my whole life to experience something like this

ARROW2
10-29-2014, 06:30 AM

Was so happy for him.

Yeah but it was sweeter watching Kobe stand on top of the scorer's table and howl at the moon after getting revenge on the green bastards from Boston in 2010. **** THE CELTICS!!!!! STILL FEELS ****ING GOOD!!!!!

But I digress.......Celtics get my blood boiling as a lifelong Laker fan.....

Now, back to the Royals......TIME TO KICK THAT GIANT ASS!!!!!!

Art Vader
10-29-2014, 07:21 AM
I moved up to the region last year around the end of April and have watched pretty much every Royals game that wasn't cockblocked by MLB since (yes, I have no life :).

I've been a fan since I was a kid and followed them the best I could being stuck in Texas. I'd been able to go to a few games throughout the years while visiting family up here, but never got to experience watching an entire season of baseball from start to finish until this year... the year we take it to the final game of the World Series. Perfect Timing.

It feels like a special gift from the Universe.

I couldn't hold back the tears when we won the Wild Card game, and I doubt I'll cry tonight win or lose, but it's definitely been a special season!

Go Royals!!!

Dartgod
10-29-2014, 07:36 AM

Experienced as an adult:

Royals in '85
Nebraska National Championships in '94, '95 and '97

As a kid I remember the Chiefs in SB IV and the 'Huskers in '70 and '71, but honestly wasn't that much of a sports fan then.

But if we pull this off tonight, it will by far be the most unexpected, exciting championship I've ever experienced as a fan. If we don't, it was still a wild ride and one I'll never forget (at least until the Alzheimer's kicks in).

So proud of this team and to be a fan.

Dave Lane
10-29-2014, 07:38 AM
This week is going to be unreal for me, if we win tonight I might bust:deevee:

KC native
10-29-2014, 07:42 AM
I have a bomber of Bourbon Barrel Quad that's been cellared for a year. I think I'm going to break it out tonight.

Katipan
10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
You people will cry. People are crying for you through osmosis.

Steron
10-29-2014, 08:00 AM
The ones I remember.

Penn State Football - National Champion 1986
Baltimore Orioles - World Series Champs 1983
Boston Celtics - NBA Champs 1984, 1986, 2008
New York Rangers - Stanley Cup Champs 1994

Why Not?
10-29-2014, 08:44 AM
You people will cry. People are crying for you through osmosis.

Not gonna lie, shed a tear this morning just thinking about how happy the city will be if they pull this off tonight.

Why Not?
10-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Can't wait. Waited my whole life to experience something like this

This

lcarus
10-29-2014, 09:00 AM
We're taking this. I have a good feeling. And I almost never have good feelings about my favorite sports teams.