PDA

View Full Version : Royals Emotional nut-punch

Silock
10-30-2014, 01:05 AM
God. Damn.

I really, really hate this feeling. And it happens all too often. Every damn year.

Fuck.

I know I should be happy that we got this far, but damn, I'm just not. I can't be. I don't have it in me. I'm proud as hell of the Royals, but I'm beyond disappointed. I just don't think we'll be getting back to this position for a long time.

Battered fan syndrome is real. And it. Fucking. Sucks.

10-30-2014, 01:11 AM
It'll be OK. There is always next year.:evil:

Silock
10-30-2014, 01:18 AM
It'll be OK. There is always next year.:evil:

Goddammit I hate you LMAO

10-30-2014, 01:20 AM
Goddammit I hate you LMAO

LMAO

The life of a Chiefs fan. It fucking sucks. :cuss:

Direckshun
10-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Herbie Teope @HerbieTeope · 14h 14 hours ago
#Chiefs G Jeff Allen was in the locker room today bearing gifts for all offensive linemen. Allen gave the OL #Royals baseball caps.

10-30-2014, 01:25 AM
Herbie Teope @HerbieTeope · 14h 14 hours ago
#Chiefs G Jeff Allen was in the locker room today bearing gifts for all offensive linemen. Allen gave the OL #Royals baseball caps.

Really hoping they have the Royals team there for the game Sunday. Probably won't happen though.

KCUnited
10-30-2014, 06:10 AM
Same old Royals.

InChiefsHeaven
10-30-2014, 06:22 AM
Same old Royals.

HTF can you say that? Took it all the way to the 9th of the 7th game of the goddam world series, did all they could against probably the best post season pitcher in forever...not the same old Royals.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2014, 06:24 AM
Same old Royals.

Not sure if serious. ? But no. Not even close to 'same ole Royals'

Wallcrawler
10-30-2014, 06:32 AM
Shouldve sent Gordon. That play is going to stick with the Royals for a long fucking time.

It was their one shot to get back in the game against an otherworldly pitcher. How you can hang your hat on Salvador Perez getting a hit off Bumgarner with 2 out to tie the game when he has no leg strength and apparently abandoned what little plate discipline he had earlier in the series is baffling.

You send Gordon. If he fails, nobody will question why they sent him. Bumgarner is just that good and Sal was a longshot to hit off Bumgarner even if there was nothing wrong with his leg.

Its further reinforced to me anyway because the third base coach tried to hold Infante in game 6, and Infante still scored having to run completely outside of his ass.

Would have been epic. Inside the park HR off Madison Bumgarner to tie the game and go extra innings. It was right there.

Archie F. Swin
10-30-2014, 06:35 AM
and I thought the regular season was long....

10-30-2014, 06:35 AM
At minimum they should have pinch hit there. But yeah, I think they should have just taken the chance on sending Gordon as well. Maybe he could have Pete Rosed him.

Hootie
10-30-2014, 07:04 AM
I think he would've been out by twelve steps...and Pete Rose'ing is illegal now and an automatic out

Pablo
10-30-2014, 07:06 AM
He would have been gunned down.

tooge
10-30-2014, 07:12 AM
I"m disappointed, but not crushed. I just had the best couple of months of sports that I've experienced in a very long time. I watched a city go ape shit for their team. I've not seen so many people walking around wearing Royals gear since the 80's. This was fun. I'm more proud of the Royals and my city, that I am upset

hometeam
10-30-2014, 07:14 AM
I just knew Perez was going to crank a homer right there in epic fashion.

:(

KCCHIEFS27
10-30-2014, 07:14 AM
He would have been gunned down.

Possibly, but you tell gordo as you send him this is god damn game 7..find another gear. And with crawford in shallow left, maybe he's just a little errant and it forces posey towards the third base line and we get some help as he is considered to be blocking the plate? Either way..i cant believe madison bumgarner pitched 21 innings this postseason and didnt give up anything. His arm should fall off next year.

teedubya
10-30-2014, 09:33 AM
On the bright side, I don't have to change my avatar.

petegz28
10-30-2014, 09:36 AM
Same old Royals.

dumb post is dumb

lawrenceRaider
10-30-2014, 09:37 AM
On the bright side, I don't have to change my avatar.

Which sucks out loud. Had the horrible sinking feeling when they brought in Bumburgler. We needed to get in front and stay there.

petegz28
10-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Possibly, but you tell gordo as you send him this is god damn game 7..find another gear. And with crawford in shallow left, maybe he's just a little errant and it forces posey towards the third base line and we get some help as he is considered to be blocking the plate? Either way..i cant believe madison bumgarner pitched 21 innings this postseason and didnt give up anything. His arm should fall off next year.

Dude, a half-ass throw has him shot by 10ft. A decent throw by 15. As much as I wanted Gordon to score there, he would have been out easily.

BIG_DADDY
Are you kidding me, with those arms you will be back. The Royals have an amazing team and I will be paying more attention to them next year. They are a lot of fun to watch.

RunKC
Keep on drafting well and they'll be right back in the playoffs. The future is bright. Finnegan and Ventura look like great players and they will only get better.

James Shields is a pussy. Get him the fuck out.

teedubya
10-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Are you kidding me, with those arms you will be back. The Royals have an amazing team and I will be paying more attention to them next year. They are a lot of fun to watch.

Fuck you. No one cares if you watch. Fuck the Giants.

banyon
10-30-2014, 09:53 AM
It was a tough loss, but in the end, there were 28 other teams in MLB that would have killed to be in the position we were, so you have to be proud of what remains one of the best and most memorable postseasons in Royals history.

Randallflagg
10-30-2014, 10:00 AM
Shouldve sent Gordon. That play is going to stick with the Royals for a long ****ing time.

It was their one shot to get back in the game against an otherworldly pitcher. How you can hang your hat on Salvador Perez getting a hit off Bumgarner with 2 out to tie the game when he has no leg strength and apparently abandoned what little plate discipline he had earlier in the series is baffling.

You send Gordon. If he fails, nobody will question why they sent him. Bumgarner is just that good and Sal was a longshot to hit off Bumgarner even if there was nothing wrong with his leg.

Its further reinforced to me anyway because the third base coach tried to hold Infante in game 6, and Infante still scored having to run completely outside of his ass.

Would have been epic. Inside the park HR off Madison Bumgarner to tie the game and go extra innings. It was right there.

Couldn't agree more. When I saw that last night I was nearly punch my TV....I would rather have taken the shot of beating the throw, hell, the odds were better with him getting the green light than a hit off Gerry Curl.

But hey - It was a GREAT season!

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2014, 10:07 AM
**** you. No one cares if you watch. **** the Giants.

I was just saying how the Royals fans are the classiest in sports but then again there is always a fan or two like you and KCN. Frankly it's embarrassing that you guys are even a Chiefs fans. Why don't you go root for the Donx or Raiders. You will fit in a lot better over there.

temper11
10-30-2014, 10:33 AM
For what it's worth...

News out here had lots of Giants fan interviews that were at the game and I think everyone of them talked about how great the city was, and how classy the people were. Your city and your team represented themselves very well through this run. The after-game festivities in SF on the other hand featured shootings, stabbings, vandalism and bon-fires.

As a Dodgers fan myself, I was really hoping your guys would have taken the whole thing. Well done KC.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2014, 10:46 AM
For what it's worth...

News out here had lots of Giants fan interviews that were at the game and I think everyone of them talked about how great the city was, and how classy the people were. Your city and your team represented themselves very well through this run. The after-game festivities in SF on the other hand featured shootings, stabbings, vandalism and bon-fires.

As a Dodgers fan myself, I was really hoping your guys would have taken the whole thing. Well done KC.

The problem is SF is a bunch of degenerate losers that are not here all year ship themselves in to try and burn the city down when they win a World Series. There was a shitload of them on Bart with their pants hanging off their ass and tattoos on their face with enough alcohol on their breath to spontaneously combust before the game even begins. They are not even from the bay area they come from down where all the prisons are like the two losers at the 49ers game who were from Tulare County. It sucks. Royals fans are really in a class of their own.

lcarus
10-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Whenever I start to feel like that, I just remember that it's grown men who are millionaires playing a kids game. Sometimes the fans get way more distraught about losing than the players and coaches. Not to say it's wrong to be disappointed. I'm bummed too.

Silock
10-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Not gonna lie -- I knew if we lost, I was going to take it pretty hard.

I didn't expect it to be this bad.

FUUUU*******.

Pitt Gorilla
10-30-2014, 04:45 PM
For what it's worth...

As a Dodgers fan myself, I was really hoping your guys would have taken the whole thing. Well done KC.This makes O's fan angry.

temper11
10-30-2014, 05:05 PM
This makes O's fan angry.

why?

keg in kc
10-30-2014, 05:05 PM
I got pretty distraught during the game, as most of the people in the thread could attest to, but it didn't last after the final out. I did make sure not to watch sportscenter or see/hear anything about the game afterward, which no doubt helped.

The worst part about it was how it ended. I think if we'd lost by more it would've been easier to stomach. We were so close and then they teased us at the end. Like a kick to the nuts. I'd have been mad about a 13-2 loss, but it wouldn't have stung nearly as much. Hell, I probably could have laughed it off.

At the end of the day it was a miracle run that nobody in the world could have forseen, and while the Royals became a second-thought and non-story outside of KC the moment they lost, it's something we should always remember here in town. This was david coming within a whisker of taking down goliath.

Silock
10-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Nobody would remember the story if Goliath had beaten him like he was supposed to.

No one outside of KC will remember this until it's brought up on Sportscenter that we were the last team to lose a game 7 at home.

DaFace
10-30-2014, 05:17 PM
There's only one team per year who doesn't end their season on a loss. It's tough, but it's the way sports work. The disappointment will fade somewhat with time.

keg in kc
10-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Nobody would remember the story if Goliath had beaten him like he was supposed to.

No one outside of KC will remember this until it's brought up on Sportscenter that we were the last team to lose a game 7 at home.I just said that...

My point was more along the lines of fuck the rest of the world, we can still remember it, and with some pride.

kcxiv
10-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Its a nut punch for me too i live in Nor Cal and i have to hear this Giants shit all winter long. My fucknig text messages were shitty and i havent even logged into facebook. Going to take a week off from that shit. its sickening i bet. lol Fucking Bandwagon fans. No one said shit until they win, then they are all of a sudden hardcore Giants fans.