PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith is a damn good QB

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

TLO
11-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Just look at some of the numbers around the league today. We're lucky to have him as our QB.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 01:59 PM
You're treading into DeBerg territory lately.

Mr. Flopnuts
LOL That vaunted Jets passing _efense...

chiefzilla1501
Miss Lippy... drinks soda

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 02:00 PM
He looks good today. I accept this performance.

TLO
He's doing a great job. He doesn't get hurt, he doens't turn the ball over, he wins games.

I'm sold.

Mr. Flopnuts
That said, Alex has been playing well today, and lately for that matter. I haven't forgiven him for shitting down his leg against the 9ers, but whatever. There is literally nobody that would've been a better option for the Chiefs than he was.

Now, why we fucking took Dee Ford instead of Bridgewater is a completely different story...

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:02 PM

Do you disagree?

LOL That vaunted Jets passing _efense...

He's playing well today, but he's also about to lead this team to a 5-3 record even after we've been hit hard by injuries. It's not just about today.

TimBone
11-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Miss Lippy... drinks soda
No. Billy likes to drink soda. Ms. Lippy's car is green.

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2014, 02:05 PM
No. Billy likes to drink soda. Ms. Lippy's car is green.

I guess that this thread isn't as cut and dry as I thought, then

lewdog
11-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Do you disagree?

He's still a stop-gap. He'll play good enough that we won't be shitty and still not make enough big plays to win us playoff games.

How exciting!

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:06 PM
He's still a stop-gap. He'll play good enough that we won't be shitty and still not make enough big plays to win us playoff games.

How exciting!

He did enough to win the playoff game against the Colts. The defense failed us.

12Toastie
11-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Do you disagree?

He's playing well today, but he's also about to lead this team to a 5-3 record even after we've been hit hard by injuries. It's not just about today.

they're literally 2 plays away, 1 in two different games, from being 7-1

Tacoman
11-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Bring on Geno!! The Chiefs DB's are wide open!

lewdog
11-02-2014, 02:11 PM
He did enough to win the playoff game against the Colts. The defense failed us.

That's great. It was still a loss.

KEEP THE DROUGHT ALIVE!!!

Tacoman
11-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Oh snap! Lets bring in the guy from the practice squad instead of letting Geno play

OH LAAAAWD!

Tacoman
11-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Oh man, wrong thread. Well... Alex is the man, that is all.

RunKC
That said, Alex has been playing well today, and lately for that matter. I haven't forgiven him for shitting down his leg against the 9ers, but whatever. There is literally nobody that would've been a better option for the Chiefs than he was.

Now, why we ****ing took Dee Ford instead of Bridgewater is a completely different story...

I think they took Alex because they think they can have a great shot at/make the playoffs every year with this guy while they look for their guy. They think they can go deep with him in January.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a QB high in the next 2 drafts so we can sit him and have him ready to take over.

TLO

Noted.

Oh snap! Lets bring in the guy from the practice squad instead of letting Geno play

OH LAAAAWD!

Geno is hurt.

Tacoman
11-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Noted.

Geno is hurt.

Oh wow, didn't realize that. :D

Pablo
11-02-2014, 02:15 PM
A thread a day keeps the doctor away!

lewdog
11-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Can you see an Alex Smith lead Chiefs team getting to an AFC Championship game or God forbid the Super Bowl?

Anyone????

Shekelsteinberg
11-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Alex Smith is a badass.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 02:17 PM
I can see that Alex Smith is light fucking years ahead of Geno Smith...

Geno supporters are jumping off that ship like rats on a burning aids ship.

Tacoman
11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Can you see an Alex Smith lead Chiefs team getting to an AFC Championship game or God forbid the Super Bowl?

Anyone????

Yeah, why not? Seriously? You realize he's beaten pretty much every top tier QB in the league right?

Not sure if he has beaten Manning, but I think he has beaten every other "Elite" QB in the league.

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2014, 02:18 PM

Anyone????

The way he's playing?

If he starts closing games more consistently, yes. That's a big "if" but at least it's an actual "if."

Tacoman
11-02-2014, 02:21 PM
He's beaten Brady handily, Rogers has gone down to him several times, he beat Brees in the playoffs, we have gone toe to toe with Denver the last 2 times we played them. What evidence do you have that he CAN'T take his team to the big game.

"But he can't throw the ballz really far down teh field!"

Facepalm*

DeezNutz
11-02-2014, 02:21 PM

Anyone????

Yep.

Particularly if the KC defense can bring consistent pressure.

DeezNutz
11-02-2014, 02:22 PM
He's beaten Brady handily, Rogers has gone down to him several times, he beat Brees in the playoffs, we have gone toe to toe with Denver the last 2 times we played them. What evidence do you have that he CAN'T take his team to the big game.

"But he can't throw the ballz really far down teh field!"

Facepalm*

I'd say the fact that he hasn't would be decent evidence.

Tacoman
11-02-2014, 02:24 PM
I'd say the fact that he hasn't would be decent evidence.

Ok, so by that line of logic the Colts should just can Luck right now right?

There is a whole list of QB's jobs that should tossed because they haven't won it yet then. Phyllis Rivers has had a hell of a lot better talent to work with over the years, does that make him incapable of winning it in the future?

DeezNutz
11-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Luck has been in the league the same amount of time.

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:27 PM
How's Phillip Rivers doing today?

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:28 PM
BUT HE THROWS IT DEEP!/CP

milkman
11-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Brand new fresh debate.

DeezNutz
I'd trade Alex Smith for Rivers in a fucking second.

OldSchool
Go look at Rivers' stats against the Miami defense.

138 yards, 3 INTs.

Smith did pretty good against them, a hell of a lot better than Rivers has at any rate.

DeezNutz
11-02-2014, 02:32 PM

138 yards, 3 INTs.

Smith did pretty good against them, a hell of a lot better than Rivers has at any rate.

This proves what?

lewdog
11-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Alex Smith has lead the Chiefs to a whopping two fourth quarter comebacks in his time in KC. Andrew Luck had 8 fourth quarter comebacks between 2012-2013.

A winning team will be down late in a game and the offensive, lead by a QB who can get you points, is how you will have to win. That's the factor Alex Smith lacks. I feel comfortable when we have a lead that he will keep it because he doesn't turn it over. Too bad good teams will also have to win when they get behind.

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:35 PM

138 yards, 3 INTs.

Rivers was just benched. LMAO

Chromatic
11-02-2014, 02:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/L6TMdAB.gif

Tacoman
11-02-2014, 02:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/L6TMdAB.gif

That's pretty funny I must admit :D

Jimmya
11-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Smith & the offense can't put the Jets away.... Hmmmmm

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Smith & the offense can't put the Jets away.... Hmmmmm

O'rly? Seems like this game is over.

Just another win for Alex Smith.

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:42 PM
another W.

Mav
11-02-2014, 02:43 PM

Now, why we ****ing took Dee Ford instead of Kelvin Benjamin is a completely different story...

FYP

Mav
11-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Alex Smith has lead the Chiefs to a whopping two fourth quarter comebacks in his time in KC. Andrew Luck had 8 fourth quarter comebacks between 2012-2013.

A winning team will be down late in a game and the offensive, lead by a QB who can get you points, is how you will have to win. That's the factor Alex Smith lacks. I feel comfortable when we have a lead that he will keep it because he doesn't turn it over. Too bad good teams will also have to win when they get behind.

Alex Smith led teams spend a LOT of time ahead.

Besides that. This team isn't BUILT to come from behind. That's just truth. Its not built at any section of the offense. this team is a short control passing offense, built on the run game. The offensive line isn't good at maintaining pass pro, the recievers are meh, Anthony fasano might be the slowest tight end in the league.

so lets hope the Chiefs aren't trailing.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Alex Smith led teams spend a LOT of time ahead.

Besides that. This team isn't BUILT to come from behind. That's just truth. Its not built at any section of the offense. this team is a short control passing offense, built on the run game. The offensive line isn't good at maintaining pass pro, the recievers are meh, Anthony fasano might be the slowest tight end in the league.

so lets hope the Chiefs aren't trailing.

Well are we a short pass offense because Andy knows our QB limits us in throwing down field?

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Well are we a short pass offense because Andy knows our QB limits us in throwing down field?

West Coast offense.

TLO
11-02-2014, 02:50 PM
2nd place in the AFC West - good shape for a Wild Card halfway through the season.

Mav
11-02-2014, 02:50 PM

You know. That probably is a part of it yes. There are probably a lot of parts to that answer Lew. you know me, straight shooter, I try not to sugar coat the shit.

The Chiefs aren't good at pass pro, Alex Smith is not especially good at all at the deep ball, the Chiefs offensive weapons lead a lot to be desired, the defense is being protected to a degree by the Chiefs offense protecting the ball.

There are a lot of factors. But I would say that yes, some of that has to do with Alex Smith.

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2014, 02:57 PM

We are a short pass offense because it's working exceptionally well.

Smith will need to be nails on third down. And he'll have to start consistently closing out games. He improved remarkably on third downs but let's just hope he does that consistently in big games. The closing out games has yet to be seen... way too many games the past 2 seasons lost on the final drive. So it's the right strategy. We know Smith can do it. We just don't know if he has the consistency to do it as many times as he needs to.

RobBlake
11-02-2014, 03:01 PM

Have you actually watched the games or are you just throwing shit around hoping it sticks based on generalizations?

Alex has repeatedly converted third downs, completed intermediate passes, short passes... what player on this roster is a viable threat "down the field" avery is not playing.. next? you think bowe is?

why force balls deep when JC can turn a honest 4yd gain into 10+? why not get the ball into key offensive talent. best targets are Kelce, JC, and Bowe. none of them scream deep ball.

TLO
11-02-2014, 03:02 PM
You know. That probably is a part of it yes. There are probably a lot of parts to that answer Lew. you know me, straight shooter, I try not to sugar coat the shit.

The Chiefs aren't good at pass pro, Alex Smith is not especially good at all at the deep ball, the Chiefs offensive weapons lead a lot to be desired, the defense is being protected to a degree by the Chiefs offense protecting the ball.

There are a lot of factors. But I would say that yes, some of that has to do with Alex Smith.

Agreed. Smith doesn't throw a great deep ball, and our WR's don't have the speed to get deep anyway.

Therefore we don't throw the ball deep.

I'm not saying Alex Smith is great, or one of the best QBs in the league, but he does what is asked of him, and he does it well.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2014, 03:02 PM
This proves what?

That Rivers is playing like ass.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Have you actually watched the games or are you just throwing shit around hoping it sticks based on generalizations?

Alex has repeatedly converted third downs, completed intermediate passes, short passes... what player on this roster is a viable threat "down the field" avery is not playing.. next? you think bowe is?

So you don't think my stat about fourth quarter comebacks is important? You don't think the Chiefs will be down late in a game and need some big plays from their QB to win a playoff game?

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2014, 03:03 PM

Your point was that Alex Smith can't win playoff games. He played beyond Peyton/Brees/Rodgers/Brady level for that one game, including a final pass that should have been caught to set up a game-winning field goal.

So your point doesn't make any sense.

threebag
11-02-2014, 03:04 PM
"One of the most underrated quarterbacks in the league" -Tony Gonzales on Alex Smith

Mav
11-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Agreed. Smith doesn't throw a great deep ball, and our WR's don't have the speed to get deep anyway.

Therefore we don't throw the ball deep.

I'm not saying Alex Smith is great, or one of the best QBs in the league, but he does what is asked of him, and he does it well.

Hes better than he is given credit for. And the fact that he is running the offense the exact way that Andy wants is reason enough to believe.

shrugs. I just enjoy good football.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Your point was that Alex Smith can't win playoff games. He played beyond Peyton/Brees/Rodgers/Brady level for that one game, including a final pass that should have been caught to set up a game-winning field goal.

So your point doesn't make any sense.

I bet other teams looks at playoff loses instead of moral victories. But I know when it's been 20 years since a playoff win it's hard not to do that.

Alex isn't bad, but he's also not elite enough to win us meaningful games. Simple. Some of that is on his skill set and some is on the offense in general. But if you have to have a QB put a team on his back and win, Alex isn't your guy.

Trent Green or Alex Smith? Who would you take?

Mav
11-02-2014, 03:06 PM
"One of the most underrated quarterbacks in the league" -Tony Gonzales on Alex Smith

One of the most under appreciated for sure. Underrated only really matters to the team he plays for. Im sure andy doesn't under estimate him.

RobBlake
11-02-2014, 03:06 PM
So you don't think my stat about fourth quarter comebacks is important? You don't think the Chiefs will be down late in a game and need some big plays from their QB to win a playoff game?

Alex has had comeback wins for two teams. Come back wins are not a gimmie, even elite qbs are not always successful. Would you rather have a QB that plays smart with the ball for the first 3 qtrs and milk a lead or have a QB be indifferent in a game and have to have multiple come back wins?

tk13
11-02-2014, 03:08 PM
We are a short passing offense because that's what Andy Reid wants. The guy hasn't changed in 15 years of coaching. He wants to use the short passing game like the running game, throw lots of short passes to RBs and TEs, etc... sometimes to the detriment of an actual running attack.

Don't kid yourself. Andy Reid's gameplan is not limited by what Alex Smith can do. Alex Smith is playing because he's a QB who can run the type of offense Reid likes to run.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Alex has had comeback wins for two teams. Come back wins are not a gimmie, even elite qbs are not always successful. Would you rather have a QB that plays smart with the ball for the first 3 qtrs and milk a lead or have a QB be indifferent in a game and have to have multiple come back wins?

Good teams will have to come from behind to win. All elite QBs do that with greater success than QBs like Alex Smith. Are we going to dink and dunk our way down the field when we need a TD with 2:30 left in a game? Do you trust Alex to be successful on a shot down the field? Passes over 10+ yards?

TLO
11-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Hes better than he is given credit for. And the fact that he is running the offense the exact way that Andy wants is reason enough to believe.

shrugs. I just enjoy good football.

I'm with ya, Mav.

Chiefs and Browns both 5-3 at the halfway point.

Baby Lee
Man, what an ignominious last pass for RGIII.

cmh6476

Anyone????did I ever think the 2014 royals would make the world series. I now believe anything is possible.

Mav
11-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm with ya, Mav.

Chiefs and Browns both 5-3 at the halfway point.

The Browns are unfortunately in a lot of trouble. They cant block anyone up the middle. Losing Alex Mack is crippling.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 03:11 PM
did I ever think the 2014 royals would make the world series. I now believe anything is possible.

Baseball is a whole different kind of monster from football. But no, I thought 2015 would be our year!

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2014, 03:12 PM
I bet other teams looks at playoff loses instead of moral victories. But I know when it's been 20 years since a playoff win it's hard not to do that.

Alex isn't bad, but he's also not elite enough to win us meaningful games. Simple. Some of that is on his skill set and some is on the offense in general. But if you have to have a QB put a team on his back and win, Alex isn't your guy.

Trent Green or Alex Smith? Who would you take?

We aren't talking about the team. You made the point about Alex Smith specifically and referred to a game where he went above and beyond what should be expected of a HOF QB, let alone just a good QB.

Again, I don't know if he can do it consistently. I haven't seen him close enough games. But for that one game in Indy, he is beyond reproach. He sure played like a Super Bowl QB for that one game.

JCharles1981

Better to keep a 2 touchdown, or a 3-score lead in the second half, while running as much time off the clock as possible, rather than rush the ball down the field, and risk a fumble or interception. I imagine the Chiefs would have defeated the Colts last post season had they kept the ball longer in the second half.

TLO
Good teams will have to come from behind to win. All elite QBs do that with greater success than QBs like Alex Smith. Are we going to dink and dunk our way down the field when we need a TD with 2:30 left in a game? Do you trust Alex to be successful on a shot down the field? Passes over 10+ yards?

If I'm not mistaken, Smith lead a drive for a game winning FG by Santos only a couple weeks ago.

Not exactly the scenario you described, but I do believe he has the ability to do it.

RobBlake

i trust ALex to be able to complete 20 and under consistently if andy opens that part of the play book. Alex is a different qb in the playoffs, you gotta admit that. I think Alex's play will always give a teams chance to win

Deberg_1990
11-02-2014, 03:14 PM

Anyone????

Sure. With right team around him.

Flacco and Wilson are average to above average guys like Smith. Not exceptional by any means.

Iconic
11-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Oh my god why is this same debate always regurgitated over and over and over and ****ing over again.

Alex is mediocre, everyone knows it, now shut the **** up and move on you bleeding vaginas.

Mr. Flopnuts
I think they took Alex because they think they can have a great shot at/make the playoffs every year with this guy while they look for their guy. They think they can go deep with him in January.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a QB high in the next 2 drafts so we can sit him and have him ready to take over.

I think if we were going to do that, we would've when we literally had one right there for the taking. A guy that slid Aaron Rodgers like. I was SHOCKED we didn't take him, and knew then that we just weren't going to draft a QB in the first round. I think John and Andy plan on rolling with Alex for 7-8 years. JMO

Easy 6
Smitty is just a model of effeciency, not much you'd call pretty but the guy just keeps chugging along without a hitch... he's the diesel engine of NFL quarterbacks.

Not real fast or flashy... just stone cold effecient, hit nine - NINE - different receivers today enroute to 2 touchdowns, O picks and a win.

Dont like his style?

Blow me.

Pitt Gorilla

Anyone????Can you imagine this Royals team making the World Series?!?

lewdog
If I'm not mistaken, Smith lead a drive for a game winning FG by Santos only a couple weeks ago.

Not exactly the scenario you described, but I do believe he has the ability to do it.

Yes, that made for his 2nd fourth quarter comeback since he's been with the Chiefs.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 03:18 PM
As I said, I trust Alex with a lead more than anyone. But once this team gets behind he'll struggle to move the ball. We are playing better this year than expected thanks to the defense. They are playing way above what any of us thought they would. But if you can't smell this overachieving team and think it doesn't smell like the one and done Chiefs of last year, you're probably in for a shock.

RobBlake
11-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Yes, that made for his 2nd fourth quarter comeback since he's been with the Chiefs.

KC have a winning record and a good chance at winning the division.. worry about it until it comes up.. you'll be less stressful

honestly KC roster is a draft and FA away from turning the corner imo

O.city
11-02-2014, 03:19 PM
As I said, I trust Alex with a lead more than anyone. But once this team gets behind he'll struggle to move the ball. We are playing better this year than expected thanks to the defense. They are playing way above what any of us thought they would. But if you can't smell this overachieving team and think it doesn't smell like the one and done Chiefs of last year, you're probably in for a shock.

The advanced metrics have them as probably better than theyre record.

So I'd imagine the over achieving talk should probably die.

RobBlake
11-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Not trying to make excuses for him, because there have been opportunities in losses for him to do more.. but the offensive weapons are not good by any means and the team is very much overachieving and riding the back of key players.

WR depth needs a major makeover.. TE position seems to be good.. fb position is good.. one two punch of Charles and Kniles seems to be solid. Oline needs more experience

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 03:24 PM
I'd trade Alex Smith for Rivers in a ****ing second.

You know that irrational hate thread? Rivers is way up top on my list. Fuck him.

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 03:27 PM

You are starting to smell like old vagina.

JCharles1981
11-02-2014, 03:28 PM
"I'd trade Alex Smith for Rivers in a ****ing second."

So, you're content with a QB whose only means of making the playoffs last year was because of a late, 4th quarter missed field goal by former Chiefs placekicker Ryan Succop? He's almost as inconsistent as Trent Green was following his third season with the Chiefs.

cmh6476
11-02-2014, 03:29 PM
"I'd trade Alex Smith for Rivers in a ****ing second."

So, you're content with a QB whose only means of making the playoffs last year was because of a late, 4th quarter missed field goal by former Chiefs placekicker Ryan Succop? He's almost as inconsistent as Trent Green was following his third season with the Chiefs.

you quote about as good as penbook embeds tweets

JCharles1981
11-02-2014, 03:33 PM
you quote about as good as penbook embeds tweets

Do I look like I care, as long as my point has been made?

BeeHo
11-02-2014, 03:34 PM
8-13 on 3rd down conversions.

yes please.

Sandy Vagina
11-02-2014, 03:36 PM

yes please.

no 40+ yard passes... **** the moral victories.. it's not like we won or nuthin'..

:doh!:

DeezNutz
11-02-2014, 03:53 PM
You know that irrational hate thread? Rivers is way up top on my list. **** him.

We'd all love the fuck out of him if he played for our team; he's just that type of player, so I understand your thoughts.

But Smith has been playing solid football, IMO. Good, not great. Good enough, with a solid defense, to make a run at things.

rabblerouser
11-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Now, why we ****ing took Dee Ford instead of ANYONE ELSE is a completely different story...

fyp

RobBlake
11-02-2014, 03:56 PM
no 40+ yard passes... **** the moral victories.. it's not like we won or nuthin'..

:doh!:

if you havin deep ball problems i feel bad for ya son, i got 99 problems but a loss ain't one

TLO
11-02-2014, 04:02 PM

yes please.

Indeed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Good to see the team covering for him. He must be a swell guy.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 04:12 PM

You doing okay after you loss today? If only Geno, you guys would of showed the Chiefs today...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 04:15 PM
You doing okay after you loss today? If only Geno, you guys would of showed the Chiefs today...

I'm fine, sir. Spent my afternoon working on the company's online store. Much more productive.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2014, 04:15 PM
We'd all love the fuck out of him if he played for our team; he's just that type of player, so I understand your thoughts.

But Smith has been playing solid football, IMO. Good, not great. Good enough, with a solid defense, to make a run at things.

Yeah, but I want the 5-0 Rivers, not this 0-4 version.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm fine, sir. Spent my afternoon working on the company's online store. Much more productive.

so what I hear you saying is you were home naked in your Geno Jersey whacking it to his 3 int game last week, but telling us that you were working?

gotcha....

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 04:19 PM
so what I hear you saying is you were home naked in your Geno Jersey whacking it to his 3 int game last week, but telling us that you were working?

gotcha....

LMAO

No.

TLO
11-02-2014, 04:20 PM

I love excuses.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 04:21 PM
LMAO

No.

Just fucking with you....

TLO
11-02-2014, 04:21 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

TimeForWasp
11-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Nice

bshmerlie
11-02-2014, 04:26 PM

Anyone????

Yes....I do. We probably could have gotten to the AFC Championship game if our defense didn't choke last year.

Discuss Thrower
11-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Yes....I do. We probably could have gotten to the AFC Championship game if our defense didn't choke last year.
Kansas City wasn't going to beat anyone trotting Cyrus Gray at HB and AJ Jenkins at the #2 receiver spot.

TLO
11-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Kansas City wasn't going to beat anyone trotting Cyrus Gray at HB and AJ Jenkins at the #2 receiver spot.

True.

Not to mention we were playing with 10 guys on defense. Kendrick Lewis doesn't count.

TLO
11-02-2014, 04:31 PM
I do think this team could win a playoff game this season. That's if we don't have any more injuries to key players.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Clark loves fans that keep drinking the Kool-aid!

TLO
11-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Clark loves fans that keep drinking the Kool-aid!

Alex Smith is a winning QB, I know we've been through a great deal of shit at the QB position, but Smith shouldn't be lumped into that "shit" category.

If drinking the Kool-aid means I support having a QB that helps this team win games, then pour me a big ol glass!

TLO
11-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen
Tyler Palko
Brodie Croye
Matt Cassel
Alex Smith

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Alex Smith is a winning QB, I know we've been through a great deal of shit at the QB position, but Smith shouldn't be lumped into that "shit" category.

If drinking the Kool-aid means I support having a QB that helps this team win games, then pour me a big ol glass!

I'm not taking about him being shitty. He's much better than shitty and a bit above average. That still means the KC Chiefs won't be winning any meaningful games IMO in the near future and with Alex as Chiefs QB. Too many rules to help QBs throw the ball down field and win games and we as a team, whether because of our scheme or our QB, simply won't/can't do that. You won't be winning many playoff games without throwing down field.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm not taking about him being shitty. He's much better than shitty and a bit above average. That still means the KC Chiefs won't be winning any meaningful games IMO in the near future and with Alex as Chiefs QB. Too many rules to help QBs throw the ball down field and win games and we as a team, whether because of our scheme or our QB, simply won't/can't do that. You won't be winning many playoff games without throwing down field.

Bob Sutton says Hi!!!!!!

Sandy Vagina
11-02-2014, 04:50 PM

Hasn't been a lot of reason to chuck it down field for the lower % passes.

Win with what works. If there is a time that we need to throw deep and do not?

That's the time for the griping.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Bob Sutton says Hi!!!!!!

Yea Sutton's luck is gonna run out soon with this defense. I mean it has to right?!?!

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Yea Sutton's luck is gonna run out soon with this defense. I mean it has to right?!?!

You can only hope it does....

If it doesn't you will be miserable the rest of the year....

O.city
11-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Why is the defense over achieving? There's a shit load of draft picks and talent on the defense

lewdog
11-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Why is the defense over achieving? There's a shit load of draft picks and talent on the defense

You thought that secondary would play this well? I know they are a product of the front seven but still.

TLO
11-02-2014, 04:54 PM

Fair enough. Time will tell.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 04:55 PM
You can only hope it does....

If it doesn't you will be miserable the rest of the year....

ROFL

I'm sorry for not thinking the Chiefs are going to be doing something magical. We've seen a similar story played out in KC for 20 years now. I sure hope they prove me wrong and I'll watch every game wanting to win. I'm just trying to be realistic and talk about observations. I hope you weren't such a snobby bitch in Mexico.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 04:58 PM
ROFL

I'm sorry for not thinking the Chiefs are going to be doing something magical. We've seen a similar story played out in KC for 20 years now. I sure hope they prove me wrong and I'll watch every game wanting to win. I'm just trying to be realistic and talk about observations. I hope you weren't such a snobby bitch in Mexico.

I call bullshit, you only want them to win if they win according to your agenda...

lewdog
11-02-2014, 05:03 PM
I call bullshit, you only want them to win if they win according to your agenda...

Well then you are retarded. I had no idea you couldn't post your thoughts on a message board? I've spent most of my time this year in Royals threads so sorry for trying to catch up here. I hope our playoff drought comes to an end in anyway possible this year. I just don't think it will.

TLO
11-02-2014, 05:06 PM

I'm pretty sure lewdog doesn't have any kind of agenda. He makes valid points and has valid concerns.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm the one with the agenda.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 05:42 PM
ROFL

I'm sorry for not thinking a man won't beat me any more. My ex beat me for 20 years straight. I sure hope this guy proves me wrong and I'll keep dating him. I'm just trying to be realistic and talk about observations.

FYP. battered wife's syndrome is a terrible thing. I hope you get help.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Mine's hateful asshole syndrome.

Welcome aboard.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Mine's hateful asshole syndrome.

Welcome aboard.

You're a whole different story. LMAO

lewdog
11-02-2014, 05:47 PM

Sorry for questioning how what the KC Chiefs are doing now is somehow going to end our 20 year post season drought. Surely it's allowed to question a team that doesn't throw the ball down field when the game clearly rewards the teams that do???

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Well then you are retarded. I had no idea you couldn't post your thoughts on a message board? I've spent most of my time this year in Royals threads so sorry for trying to catch up here. I hope our playoff drought comes to an end in anyway possible this year. I just don't think it will.

Problem is Lew your post are just opinions with not a damn thing to back them up other than what sounds like gut feeling.

The bolded part is a great example. No data, no theories, just "I think". Thats pretty common from you.

I find that to be weak sauce.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Sorry for questioning how what the KC Chiefs are doing now is somehow going to end our 20 year post season drought. Surely it's allowed to question a team that doesn't throw the ball down field when the game clearly rewards the teams that do???

So we have the best passing defense in the league, we're one of the best teams at converting on third downs, and have the league leader in sacks on our team all against legit competition and you can't get behind them? If you can't draw the comparisons of battered wife's syndrome there; I don't think anything I type will assist you.

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 05:51 PM

Oh shit you just gave a reason. I stand corrected.

Now explain how what you say is true? I have never ever seen a correlation or had one shown to me through data that down field passing equals wins.

And I have asked about 50 times when this gets brought up. Show me the data.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 05:51 PM

Not disputing the bolded part....

lewdog
11-02-2014, 05:52 PM
So we have the best passing defense in the league, we're one of the best teams at converting on third downs, and have the league leader in sacks on our team all against legit competition and you can't get behind them? If you can't draw the comparisons of battered wife's syndrome there; I don't think anything I type will assist you.

Yes I can get behind that. I simply questioned how having a below average passing game, in a league that rewards passing teams, is going to win any game in which they may fall behind?

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh shit you just gave a reason. I stand corrected.

Now explain how what you say is true? I have never ever seen a correlation or had one shown to me through data that down field passing equals wins.

And I have asked about 50 times when this gets brought up. Show me the data.

Al Davis Raiders....

Clay and his cronies want the Chiefs to be Al Davis's Raiders...

Mr. Laz
11-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Alex Smith looks a lot better when his WRs get open.

Apparently the Jet's secondary is stank ass so i wouldn't count on it continuing.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm the one with the agenda.

Well then LOSE IT and COME ON IN FOR THE BIG WIN...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KMEViYvojtY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Yes I can get behind that. I simply questioned how having a below average passing game, in a league that rewards passing teams, is going to win any game in which they may fall behind?

Why do we have to be behind to prove we can win. Thats just a stupid point of reference.

Is it being behind after a certain point or at any point?

Good teams just dont get down late very often and most every team loses games they are down late. The love with the 4th Qtr comeback is just ignorant.

You know whats better than a last minute win? Not needing one.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2014, 05:57 PM
This team has a legit chance to make the playoffs in back to back years since 94-95

And we can't get behind that ?

:facepalm:

Red Dawg
11-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Our passing game is sub par but it's not because of Alex. Our WR's are straight up sorry as all hell. None of them are a threat to do anything when they get the ball and none of them get free hardly ever.

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 05:58 PM

Hey pal, this isn't 1995 or 1997 or 2003 or 2006 or 2010 or 2013, where beating a bunch of shitty teams and beating the occasional good team in the regular season doesn't mean anything. IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 05:59 PM
lewdog getting worked, gotta say... its deserved, sometimes glomming onto the negative gravy train gets derailed, badly.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 05:59 PM

I think 3rd down conversions is much more important than passing for huge numbers. When you play against elite QBs and don't actually possess one on your team, how do you win? By keeping the chains moving, converting 3rd downs, and eating clock. This one factor is why we are keeping elite QBs from throwing over 300 yards against us and we are efficient. When we get in the red zone we almost always get a TD. This fact is why we haven't had a a rushing TD scored against us yet, because we pile the points on and they are forced to throw with the limited time they have the ball. Use the eye test and you will see there is something different about this team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 06:00 PM
This team has a legit chance to make the playoffs in back to back years since 94-95

Feels like Bono/Grbac to me.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Hey pal, this isn't 1995 or 1997 or 2003 or 2006 or 2010 or 2013, where beating a bunch of shitty teams and beating the occasional good team in the regular season doesn't mean anything. IT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME.

Bearcat, cant believe Dole hasnt trapped you in a mirror and cast you into the empty darkness of space yet.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Why do we have to be behind to prove we can win. Thats just a stupid point of reference.

Good teams just dont get down late very often and most every team loses games they are down late. The love with the 4th Qtr comeback is just ignorant.

:clap:

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Problem is Lew your post are just opinions with not a damn thing to back them up other than what sounds like gut feeling.

The bolded part is a great example. No data, no theories, just "I think". Thats pretty common from you.

I find that to be weak sauce.

I've already stated why I think we are winning and it's the defense playing very well, JC doing his thing and Alex not turning it over.

You have yet to provide statistics on what makes Alex a good QB?

At some point against good teams the 28th ranked passing offense in the league will have to do things down the field. I'm just not sure Alex can do that as he hasn't show he can. Do I need data to support his down field passing or have you been watching enough to know that this is the Chiefs weakness. Which I can't say is all on Alex given our receivers as well. But at some point, your QB has to make a big play for you.

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Bearcat, cant believe Dole hasnt trapped you in a mirror and cast you into the empty darkness of space yet.

Eh, it's nice to see them take care of business (granted, I watched about 5 minutes of it), it's just funny how often history repeats itself around here.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:06 PM

Fair point.

Great, another making the playoff comment.

I guess we already have a playoff win under our belt then too!

YES!!!

SAUTO
11-02-2014, 06:07 PM

Colts?

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Eh, it's nice to see them take care of business (granted, I watched about 5 minutes of it), it's just funny how often history repeats itself around here.

Yea I love getting called out for battered fan syndrome when we've literally seen this repeated almost double digit times in the past 20 years for the Chiefs. I'm simply discussing how our current offensive style of play leaves something to be desired. We've still never had an elite QB in KC in my lifetime. This is simply history.

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 06:10 PM
I've already stated why I think we are winning and it's the defense playing very well, JC doing his thing and Alex not turning it over.

At some point against good teams the 28th ranked passing offense in the league will have to do things down the field. I'm just not sure Alex can do that as he hasn't show he can. Do I need data to support his down field passing or have you been watching enough to know that this is the Chiefs weakness. Which I can't say is all on Alex given our receivers as well. But at some point, your QB has to make a big play for you.

1. Wins.
2.Not turning the ball over is worth more than a ton of garbage yards.
3.Mobility.
4. Did you even watch the Saints game, the last half of last year when the defense struggled or the Colts game last year? He didn't throw down field when needed?

O.city
11-02-2014, 06:11 PM
The "they haven't been playing good teams" mantra doesn't hold up.

Toughest strength of schedule in the afc iirc up to this point

O.city
11-02-2014, 06:11 PM
1. Wins.
3.Mobility.
4. Did you even watch the Saints game, the last half of last year when the defense struggled or the Colts game last year? He didn't throw down field when needed?

Wins is not a qb statistic.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:13 PM
1. Wins.
3.Mobility.

Well against the Colts he did. So if he can do that, maybe they will if they get behind? I suppose we haven't needed to push the issue because we've been in almost every game we have played this year besides the Titans game. But we did need a big play late in the SF game, we had a chance, and Alex blew it. Only one time I know, but I sure hope you're right.

I will say he's played much better than the years of Croyle and Cassel. He is much different from watching that!

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Yea I love getting called out for battered fan syndrome when we've literally seen this repeated almost double digit times in the past 20 years for the Chiefs. I'm simply discussing how our current offensive style of play leaves something to be desired. We've still never had an elite QB in KC in my lifetime. This is simply history.

The battle cry every year is "they can make the playoffs, just get in and anything can happen!" ...yet, the last time they actually did anything in the playoffs, they had Joe freakin' Montana.

Just a strange coincidence, I'm sure.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 06:14 PM

5 minutes, why... seriously why?

Its hard enough to take people seriously around here, but when they only watch a few minutes of the game...

chiefzilla1501

Right now, the Chiefs are #2 in 3rd down efficiency (and we know Reid's obsession with throwing on 3rd down). The past few games, Smith has been WELL above 50% efficiency. Last year, the Chiefs had something like a 35% efficiency. It is easily the biggest difference between this year and last.

That is really difficult to do. And it's critical to our success because it keeps a defense that lacks depth off the field and fresh, it takes opposing QBs out of their rhythm, and wears down the opposing team. Much more importantly... it allows your running game to thrive. Teams with poor third down efficiency are afraid to run because they'd rather have 3 passing shots at a first down instead of having only one passing opp to do it.

lewdog
The "they haven't been playing good teams" mantra doesn't hold up.

Toughest strength of schedule in the afc iirc up to this point

Try 11

http://nfltraderumors.co/2014-nfl-strength-schedule/

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:15 PM
The battle cry every year is "they can make the playoffs, just get in and anything can happen!" ...yet, the last time they actually did anything in the playoffs, they had Joe freakin' Montana.

Just a strange coincidence, I'm sure.

Did you think the royals would have gone as far as they did? Anything CAN happen.

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 06:15 PM

How many teams have elite QB's? We all want an elite QB, but that's not a reason to just shit on the really good QB we have.

Smith can and does win. He has had a very excellent 3.5 ears now. Embrace it and quit whining.

O.city
11-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Try 11

I believe that's after the last 2 powder puffs they've destroyed

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Right now, the Chiefs are #2 in 3rd down efficiency (and we know Reid's obsession with throwing on 3rd down). The past few games, Smith has been WELL above 50% efficiency. Last year, the Chiefs had something like a 35% efficiency. It is easily the biggest difference between this year and last.

That is really difficult to do. And it's critical to our success because it keeps a defense that lacks depth off the field and fresh, it takes opposing QBs out of their rhythm, and wears down the opposing team. Much more importantly... it allows your running game to thrive. Teams with poor third down efficiency are afraid to run because they'd rather have 3 passing shots at a first down instead of having only one passing opp to do it.

See, valuable discussion here.

I did not know that difference which is huge.

Thanks.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Try 11

That is the schedule as a whole. He said up to this point.

O.city
11-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Try 11

That's also if I'm reading it right, from before any games were played this year

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:18 PM
I believe that's after the last 2 powder puffs they've destroyed

That was before today's game.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
That's also if I'm reading it right, from before any games were played this year

Oh seems you're right. Weird because it posts our next three opponents?

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
See, valuable discussion here.

I did not know that difference which is huge.

Thanks.

I think 3rd down conversions is much more important than passing for huge numbers. When you play against elite QBs and don't actually possess one on your team, how do you win? By keeping the chains moving, converting 3rd downs, and eating clock. This one factor is why we are keeping elite QBs from throwing over 300 yards against us and we are efficient. When we get in the red zone we almost always get a TD. This fact is why we haven't had a a rushing TD scored against us yet, because we pile the points on and they are forced to throw with the limited time they have the ball. Use the eye test and you will see there is something different about this team.

Must have missed this

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:20 PM
How many teams have elite QB's? We all want an elite QB, but that's not a reason to just shit on the really good QB we have.

Smith can and does win. He has had a very excellent 3.5 ears now. Embrace it and quit whining.

What you see as whining is simply me stating my views and having a discussion. I am much more of a baseball fan and spent all year JIMP over the Royals. Sorry if that isn't allowed on a message board. I am not here to troll like Clay.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:21 PM
What you see is whining is simply me stating my views and having a discussion. I am much more of a baseball fan and spent all year JIMP over the Royals. Sorry if that isn't allowed on a message board. I am not here to troll like Clay.

Not going to lie; seeing this from you seemed off.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Must have missed this

Yes I did miss that. Thanks.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Not going to lie; seeing this from you seemed off.

Seeing what from me? Chiefs posting? LMAO

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Yes I did miss that. Thanks.

:thumb:

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Seeing what from me? Chiefs posting? LMAO

A more negative stance. It's how you're seeing it, and that's fine. Just not used to seemingly doom and gloom from you.

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 06:25 PM
What you see as whining is simply me stating my views and having a discussion. I am much more of a baseball fan and spent all year JIMP over the Royals. Sorry if that isn't allowed on a message board. I am not here to troll like Clay.

I have never thought of you as a troll Lew. And I am just discussing football with you. :thumb:

bshmerlie
11-02-2014, 06:26 PM

This is EXACTLY my thoughts as well. Take a good look at all the teams in the AFC....all are beatable. We have a pretty good team that could beat any of them in the playoffs. We just have to get there healthy. Stop whining like scorn lovers and root for our team.

If you want to see something to whine about...did anyone see the 49ers play? Now they really suck and chances of them getting in the playoffs is looking bleak.

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:27 PM
A more negative stance. It's how you're seeing it, and that's fine. Just not used to seemingly doom and gloom from you.

I'm not doom and gloom! I just think this has played out before and as Bearcat put it better, repeated history for the Chiefs. That doesn't mean you are a battered fan but there are similar patterns in all of this from the 20 years previous

The Royals changed my life this year and I know someday the Chiefs will do the same. I'm just not sure repeating a similar formula year after year is going to do it. But color me shocked if it happens! Stranger things have happened like Mike Moustakas leading the MLB in postseason home runs!!! LMAO

lewdog
11-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I have never thought of you as a troll Lew. And I am just discussing football with you. :thumb:

You called me whiny! :harumph:

Only my wife can call me that!

Bearcat
Did you think the royals would have gone as far as they did? Anything CAN happen.

That's doesn't mean it's a meaningful goal, especially with some of the teams that make it in the NFL. The best teams in baseball barely win 60% of their games, so just getting in isn't a bad strategy. And it's not like the Royals completely ignored the vital position... it was a big strength for them.

You kind of get what you deserve when you play to just get in while ignoring arguably the most important position in sports... sure, maybe something amazing will happen once every 3 decades, like the Royals.

Marcellus
If you want to see something to whine about...did anyone see the 49ers play. Now they really suck and chances of them getting in the playoffs is looking bleak.

4-4 and just lost at home to a team we rolled.

I still think the 49ers fucked up in 2011.

Ming the Merciless
11-02-2014, 06:29 PM
I think we should have this debate after every game because it will solve this 16 times a season

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 06:29 PM
You called me whiny! :harumph:

Only my wife can call me that!

My wife calls me that too.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm not doom and gloom! I just think this has played out before and as Bearcat put it better, repeated history for the Chiefs. That doesn't mean you are a battered fan but there are similar patterns in all of this from the 20 years previous

The Royals changed my life this year and I know someday the Chiefs will do the same. I'm just not sure repeating a similar formula year after year is going to do it. But color me shocked if it happens! Stranger things have happened like Mike Moustakas leading the MLB in postseason home runs!!! LMAO

I said seemingly, admitting that I may have been mistaken in my perception of your posts. I apologize for that.

I hope they change that too, but I am not seeing the same recipe for failure that we've had the past few years. I am hoping we get some of our guys back and really make a run for it. Could we fail? Yes. But so will 30 other teams. I just want to be entertained on Sundays and see a team with the confidence to compete.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Smith's record with adversity is not inspiring. Get a lead and hold it? Great. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

But what happens when Smith's lead goes up in smoke and you have to battle it out? What happens when Smith is down by double digits and you have to catch up and surpass?

Those are the situations that matter, and I've yet to see anything from KC Alex to make me feel he can go toe to toe when the heat is on.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:32 PM
I think we should have this debate after every game because it will solve this 16 times a season

LMAO

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:35 PM
That's doesn't mean it's a meaningful goal, especially with some of the teams that make it in the NFL. The best teams in baseball barely win 60% of their games, so just getting in isn't a bad strategy. And it's not like the Royals completely ignored the vital position... it was a big strength for them.

You kind of get what you deserve when you play to just get in while ignoring arguably the most important position in sports... sure, maybe something amazing will happen once every 3 decades, like the Royals.

I'm not saying that we should be ignoring the most important position in the NFL, either. I am saying we have what we have and they are exceeding expectations. To shit on their every win, because we didn't sate your desires is a little ridiculous.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Smith's record with adversity is not inspiring. Get a lead and hold it? Great. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

But what happens when Smith's lead goes up in smoke and you have to battle it out? What happens when Smith is down by double digits and you have to catch up and surpass?

Those are the situations that matter, and I've yet to see anything from KC Alex to make me feel he can go toe to toe when the heat is on.

Well you thought Geno was an NFL QB so your concerns and comments are pretty much null and void.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 06:36 PM
5 minutes of todays game, why is that, Bearcat?

Good God, we're on a 5-1 roll and you can only be bothered to watch 5 minutes? I'm not even trying to be a dick, its just hard to imagine a Chiefs fan being that oblivious to the team at this crucial juncture.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:37 PM

Maybe because he rarely puts us in a position to go down by that much. Since Smith has been here how many times have we been down by 2+ TDs?

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 06:37 PM
5 minutes, why... seriously why?

Its hard enough to take people seriously around here, but when they only watch a few minutes of the game...

Do you seriously think anything can be learned by watching the Chiefs play the Jets?

It just doesn't do it for me any more... I watched the Chiefs/Rams last week at a bar in LA, and it was just shitty football for the most part (along with that Panthers/Seahawks game that was 9-6 late in the 4th, the Patriots brutalizing the Bills or whoever, etc).

Not that others shouldn't be into the game or whatever... if you like it, great, it's just the repeated backlash over pretty innocent comments every time they win a few of these games is retarded. It's like some people start with a clean slate every single season.

KCwolf
11-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Lew is a Troll ... and Pawn nails it .... it's what keeps this BB alive.

Your going to have your fans that will forgive and forget whatever Alex does and they will be called HOMERS...

Your going to have your Claythan fans that will hammer every negative stat they can find whatever Alex does....

Chiefs are 5-3 and if you felt that would be the case after week #1 - You are a Liar.

But Yes.... I'm sure there are some of you that know this team better than Andy and the Chiefs organization itself .....

Another reason the BB stays Alive

Nice W KC .... and good "game manager Alex" ..... we are winning

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm not saying that we should be ignoring the most important position in the NFL, either. I am saying we have what we have and they are exceeding expectations. To shit on their every win, because we didn't sate your desires is a little ridiculous.

Eh, no harm intended... I was just amused at the backlash that lewdog was seeing, because I thought his comments were pretty innocent.

If Alex Smith and this regime proves me wrong, that would be awesome.... but, acting like they've already done that is dumb.... just like last year when they were 9-0, or just like a few years ago, or a few years before that, or when the majority of the board ignored the defense in 2003.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Well you thought Geno was an NFL QB so your concerns and comments are pretty much null and void.

1) Motherfuck you.:) I wanted to groom Geno( or for the love of God ANYONE NOT SELECTED IN THE "KICKER ROUNDS", PLEASE )behind Alex.

Hell, we all know "mentor" is his born role in this league. He'll make a great QB coach one day!

Maybe because he rarely puts us in a position to go down by that much. Since Smith has been here how many times have we been down by 2+ TDs?

2) You're going to find yourself in that position in the coming weeks, I assure you. Let's see how that plays out.

acasas4
11-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Just look at some of the numbers around the league today. We're lucky to have him as our QB.

Yes we are!:bravo:

Marcellus
11-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Eh, no harm intended... I was just amused at the backlash that lewdog was seeing, because I thought his comments were pretty innocent.

If Alex Smith and this regime proves me wrong, that would be awesome.... but, acting like they've already done that is dumb.... just like last year when they were 9-0, or just like a few years ago, or a few years before that, or when the majority of the board ignored the defense in 2003.

My guess is they have already destroyed your expectations but your "proven wrong" landmark keeps changing.

You also have to laugh at people who use past failures as a benchmark when there is literally nothing in common.

Saccopoo
11-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Just a little fyi on how the strengths of Alex Smith could relate to a successful Chiefs team:

Statistics show that in the NFL, teams with positive turnover ratios have a significantly higher probability of winning. Over the past five full seasons, clubs with more takeaways than giveaways have a combined 810-220-2 (.786) record.

In the history of the Super Bowl, the NFL’s league championship game, teams with aturnover differential of zero in the Super Bowl have a combined 9-9 record, while teams with a positive turnover differential have a combined record of 30-3.

There is a correlation between teams with a greater time of possession and winning the game, mainly because it's better to have your offense on the field more than your defense. The other reason winning teams typically end with a higher time of possession is because they run the clock out towards the later stages of a football game.

Accounting for all 256 regular season games last season (2013), winner of the possession battle won 66% of all games.

From a theoretical standpoint, perhaps this is the optimal way to build a team for longterm regular season success. A strong defense, a QB who will minimize mistakes, and a capable running attack. If you eliminate turnovers, and keep your offense on the field (by sustaining drives), the opposition cannot score.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Last year there was a little Clay in the back of everyone's mind. It whispered the back up QBs faced continuously and the strength of schedule. This year looked monstrous and it had the look of 2011 written all over it, but here we sit 5-3 after arguably the toughest part of our schedule.

jd1020
11-02-2014, 06:50 PM
My guess is they have already destroyed your expectations but your "proven wrong" landmark keeps changing.

You also have to laugh at people who use past failures as a benchmark when there is literally nothing in common.

Really?

Do you honestly believe there is NOTHING in common with how this team went about getting their QB compared to past regimes?

Are you fucking blind?

Baby Lee
11-02-2014, 06:51 PM

Then, after a season of 45-10 blowouts, they had successive defensive knockdown brawls to endure en route to their SB win, many of which hinged on one or two key plays.

The '99 Rams fan base had the same jitters, albeit from a completely different direction. They feasted on inferior competition all season long, and fell to the few good defenses they faced in the regular season. Big difference being, they had no 'history' hanging over their heads because, rather than a history of playoff failure they had NO PLAYOFF HISTORY to relate to.

Bearcat makes some snark about a blank slate, but what is the use in holding the events in Chiefs history that occurred when some of these Chiefs were in diapers over their heads?

Direckshun
11-02-2014, 06:56 PM
I haven't read this thread, so forgive me if this has been mentioned.

Like him or hate him, Alex Smith is mostly perfect for this Andy Reid offense. Andy Reid has a bunch of formations in all varieties and forces the defense to make decisions about where to put their resources. I know all OCs do this, but Reids carry a lot more variety than we're used to and force tougher decisions (Charles in backfield vs. Bowe out wide vs. TE bunch formation on the other side).

Smith can run all the variables through his computer head, then has the freedom to audible for the matchup he wants.

It's a system that's worked decently for two years. Hopefully it continues.

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 06:58 PM

Nah, I don't care if I'm wrong on the internet, especially about football, so I have no reason to move the goal posts. Win in January.

Yeah, they've only used the same strategy for most of 4 decades with the same results almost every single time... nothing in common there. LMAO

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Do you seriously think anything can be learned by watching the Chiefs play the Jets?

It just doesn't do it for me any more... I watched the Chiefs/Rams last week at a bar in LA, and it was just shitty football for the most part (along with that Panthers/Seahawks game that was 9-6 late in the 4th, the Patriots brutalizing the Bills or whoever, etc).

Not that others shouldn't be into the game or whatever... if you like it, great, it's just the repeated backlash over pretty innocent comments every time they win a few of these games is retarded. It's like some people start with a clean slate every single season.

I'm sorry, but this just doesnt excuse you...

We beat the Fins who smashed the Chargers.

We SMASHED the Pats who just SMASHED the donks.

We beat the Chargers who were, yet again, the Cinderella talk of the town early on with stats out the ass to back them up.

We beat the wobegone Rams, who have talent all over the field but just cant put it all together... nevertheless they smacked the champion Seahawks around.

At what point do all of these WINS against very tough teams matter to you? You guys can call me and the rest of us "true fans" all you want these days quite frankly, at thismpoint its become a Badge of Honor compared to this sniveling bullshit, atleast "true fans" want to win and can see the winning formula at work.

Sandy Vagina
11-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Nah, I don't care if I'm wrong on the internet, especially about football, so I have no reason to move the goal posts. Win in January.

Yeah, they've only used the same strategy for most of 4 decades with the same results almost every single time... nothing in common there.

Is it fair to ask if you are simply afraid to believe in anything Chiefs again? Been hurt too many times.. and just don't want to be hurt anymore.. so the way to achieve this is to detach from it?

Baby Lee
11-02-2014, 07:04 PM

Yeah, they've only used the same strategy for most of 4 decades with the same results almost every single time... nothing in common there. LMAO

Who is this they that has been doing what same thing for 4 decades?

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Last year there was a little Clay in the back of everyone's mind. It whispered the back up QBs faced continuously and the strength of schedule. This year looked monstrous and it had the look of 2011 written all over it, but here we sit 5-3 after arguably the toughest part of our schedule.

People though SoS was going to be tough in the first part of last year, too. Predicting SoS is pointless. Clay was right last year, as they didn't do well against playoff teams. And this year they've beaten one team that would currently make the playoffs. It's not their fault, obviously, it's just what the NFL is... a bunch of mediocrity with maybe a few big tests every season.

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm sorry, but this just doesnt excuse you...

We beat the Fins who smashed the Chargers.

We SMASHED the Pats who just SMASHED the donks.

We beat the Chargers who were, yet again, the Cinderella talk of the town early on with stats out the ass to back them up.

We beat the wobegone Rams, who have talent all over the field but just cant put it all together... nevertheless they smacked the champion Seahawks around.

At what point do all of these WINS against very tough teams matter to you? You guys can call me and the rest of us "true fans" all you want these days quite frankly, at thismpoint its become a Badge of Honor compared to this sniveling bullshit, atleast "true fans" want to win and can see the winning formula at work.

January. That's when it'll matter.

They've beaten one team that would make the playoffs right now... the whole 'this team beat this team' is dumb.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 07:07 PM
People though SoS was going to be tough in the first part of last year, too. Predicting SoS is pointless. Clay was right last year, as they didn't do well against playoff teams. And this year they've beaten one team that would currently make the playoffs. It's not their fault, obviously, it's just what the NFL is... a bunch of mediocrity with maybe a few big tests every season.

We've beaten plenty of teams contending and went to the wire in all of our losses except for Tenn. that is the difference between this year and last.

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Is it fair to ask if you are simply afraid to believe in anything Chiefs again? Been hurt too many times.. and just don't want to be hurt anymore.. so the way to achieve this is to detach from it?

Nah, if that were true, I wouldn't watch sports at all. And being an adult, I have a pretty good grip on my emotions when it comes to sports.... haven't cried in days.

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Who is this they that has been doing what same thing for 4 decades?

The Chiefs.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Nah, if that were true, I wouldn't watch sports at all. And being an adult, I have a pretty good grip on my emotions when it comes to sports.... haven't cried in days.

So 5 minutes is watching sports now? :D

Shekelsteinberg
11-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Lol Kaepernick is a joke and a meme qb.

Alex > Kraep.

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:12 PM
So 5 minutes is watching sports now? :D

Actually, there was a commercial break, so it was more like 2. DIDN'T CRY ONCE.

notorious
11-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Let's not forget that Alex played injured to today.

Baby Lee
11-02-2014, 07:14 PM
The Chiefs.

WHICH Chiefs, specifically, are doing the same thing they were 40 years ago? And what is/was it they are/were doing?

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 07:14 PM

LMAO progress! I'll take it!

Baby Lee
11-02-2014, 07:15 PM

Hey folks!! I've found a sadder soul than Claynus. Behold, bearcat, shadow of the Claynus-ness!!!

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:16 PM
WHICH Chiefs, specifically, are doing the same thing they were 40 years ago? And what is/was it they are/were doing?

The Kansas City Chiefs.

Lex Luthor
11-02-2014, 07:17 PM
The Chiefs.

You intentionally ignored his point. It's ridiculous to blame Dorsey and Reid for the failures of Pioli, Peterson, Jim Schaaf and Jack Steadman. It's beyond ridiculous. It's fucking stupid.

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:18 PM
You intentionally ignored his point. It's ridiculous to blame Dorsey and Reid for the failures of Pioli, Peterson, Jim Schaaf and Jack Steadman. It's beyond ridiculous. It's fucking stupid.

Glad I'm not doing that then.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 07:18 PM

Yeah, but you can't blame us for getting all shifty-eyed when it starts smelling the same.

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:20 PM
It's time for this topic to die.

Alex Smith bashers, just STFU

we totally won that trade with the 49ers and it wasn't even close

Alex Smith is an amazingly efficient QB.

It's tough to win in the NFL. The sample size is officially big enough to the point where this is clearly no longer a fluke.

He wins games.

He's a top 12 NFL QB.

TimeForWasp
11-02-2014, 07:20 PM
The chiefs could beat any team left on our schedule. Will they? probably not, but I think they could.

notorious
11-02-2014, 07:21 PM
The chiefs could beat any team left on our schedule. Will they? probably not, but I think they could.

And 2 years ago a win was nearly impossible.

Our team has come a long way.

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I fully expect to be 8-3 when we get Denver @ Arrowhead week 13.

Lex Luthor
11-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Glad I'm not doing that then.

It's exactly what you were doing, dumbass. Don't back down now. Own it.

MotherfuckerJones
11-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I hope to be 8-3.

What would the NFL world do with itself if Alex led us to a Super Bowl? Lol

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 07:26 PM
...the whole 'this team beat this team' is dumb.

Until it works in your favor, then its the ****ing GOSPEL.

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:27 PM
one week at a time, no doubt

but we're going to be favored against Seattle at home

and I'm going to be there so I'm sure we'll lose (0 for my last 8)

but fuck. This team is playing so well and so efficient...our offense could've scored 35+ today if the Jets actually tried to play real NFL offense

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Until it works in your favor, then its the ****ing GOSPEL.

Touché. :hmmm:

Lex Luthor
11-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Yeah, but you can't blame us for getting all shifty-eyed when it starts smelling the same.
Dorsey and Reid inherited a 2-14 team. They've gone 13-4 and 5-3 since then, but you're acting like a little bitch because you decided from the very beginning that you don't like the guy they picked as QB. Now you pollute every thread with your constant whining.

Just shut the **** up. I realize that's impossible for you, as you have a gazillion posts on this board, but the rest of us can dream.

MotherfuckerJones
11-02-2014, 07:29 PM
one week at a time, no doubt

but we're going to be favored against Seattle at home

and I'm going to be there so I'm sure we'll lose (0 for my last 8)

but ****. This team is playing so well and so efficient...our offense could've scored 35+ today if the Jets actually tried to play real NFL offense

This buffalo game will be tough. Hell it was last year with Jeff Tuel.

We're a much, much better team.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Dorsey and Reid inherited a 2-14 team. They've gone 13-4 and 5-3 since then, but you're acting like a little bitch because you decided from the very beginning that you don't like the guy they picked as QB. Now you pollute every thread with your constant whining.

Just shut the **** up. I realize that's impossible for you, as you have a gazillion posts on this board, but the rest of us can dream.

Excellent post!

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:33 PM
This buffalo game will be tough. Hell it was last year with Jeff Tuel.

We're a much, much better team.

all the games are tough, but I still think we win this one by 7+

This offense is on a whole different level this year. Alex is just playing so efficiently, you can tell having a whole year and a whole offseason under his belt has made him a guru with this system

It's fun to watch

We have legit weapons with Kelce, Bowe, Charles, Davis and DAT, too.

I can't believe the turnaround after the Titans game. I will eat my crow for throwing the towel in after week 1, no doubt

MotherfuckerJones
11-02-2014, 07:35 PM
all the games are tough, but I still think we win this one by 7+

This offense is on a whole different level this year. Alex is just playing so efficiently, you can tell having a whole year and a whole offseason under his belt has made him a guru with this system

It's fun to watch

We have legit weapons with Kelce, Bowe, Charles, Davis and DAT, too.

I can't believe the turnaround after the Titans game. I will eat my crow for throwing the towel in after week 1, no doubt

Ya that week 1 game wrecked me after the whole offseason, after that Colts debacle. This team is pretty good. They don't have any healthy running backs. No spiller or jackson. Their defense is tough though.

Sandy Vagina
11-02-2014, 07:37 PM

Head Shot... :)

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 07:39 PM
I hope to be 8-3.

Who gives a shit? I'd jizz and that's all that matters.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Head Shot... :)

those tards cant even dispute it and will avoid that post at all costs...

Sandy Vagina
11-02-2014, 07:42 PM

eh, fine by me... I like to see the butt-hurt after each Chiefs victory. :D

Bearcat
11-02-2014, 07:44 PM

I can't decide if this is a brilliant post or not.

bshmerlie
11-02-2014, 07:58 PM
How about a deal?

1. All the Alex haters stay over in the "Alex sucks thread" and

2. All the Alex supporters can show their appreciation here on this thread.

Honestly it justs gets real old reading posts from people who don't really support this team. It doesnt really seem like a Chiefs fan message board....more of opposing team fans hating on the Chiefs in disguise. Is there another Chiefs forum out there that might be more supportive? All this negativity wears thin. All we're doing is defending the team...on our own board...go figure.

threebag
11-02-2014, 08:00 PM
I Support Alex Smith 2014

I knew when he was drafted he had the tools to succeed. The 9ers merry-go-round never gave him a foundation. I am glad he is a CHIEF.

Ming the Merciless
11-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Someone break down his performance for me...wasn't able to watch it

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2014, 08:18 PM

Average. Nothing special, nothing horrible.

Baby Lee
11-02-2014, 08:20 PM

Game was in win column at approximately kickoff.

Shekelsteinberg
11-02-2014, 08:24 PM

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.

Ming the Merciless
11-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks fellas

Had company...who was a cowboys fan. Turned on red zone so both of us would see some of the games...they hardly showed any of either game......

Sandy Vagina
11-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks fellas

Had company...who was a cowboys fan. Turned on red zone so both of us would see some of the games...they hardly showed any of either game......

Wow.. you neglected Chiefs football because some Cowboys fan showed up at your door? You must love his sweet ass something fierce, Pierre.

Chief Roundup
11-02-2014, 08:35 PM

Anyone????

Uh yeah I sure can. He has been to the NFCC game twice with the 49ers. I think they would have gotten there with Alex as the starter the 2cd time as well.

Mav
11-02-2014, 08:36 PM
I hope to be 8-3.

Clay would commit suicide.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-02-2014, 08:41 PM
It's time for this topic to die.

Alex Smith bashers, just STFU

we totally won that trade with the 49ers and it wasn't even close

Alex Smith is an amazingly efficient QB.

It's tough to win in the NFL. The sample size is officially big enough to the point where this is clearly no longer a fluke.

He wins games.

He's a top 12 NFL QB.

Fantasy football and Madden do that to em.

BlackOp
11-02-2014, 08:48 PM
When you can sustain drives and not turn the ball over..you will be in every game. With KC's pass rushers and run game..Smith is the perfect QB. This is a pretty balanced team in all 3 aspects....you keep Manning, Rivers and Brady on the bench..which KC had done in the three match-ups. This isn't a fluke..it's an emerging identity.

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2014, 09:29 PM

Haha. Good luck trying to get an answer without someone driving an agenda.

But I'll try my best....
-Terrific first half performance. Efficient, sustained really long drives. The 3 TDs they scored seemed almost too easy. That's nice to see when you're piecing away 10 yards at a time (versus a few lucky deep strikes... which you might call a fluke). Even the drive where we punted we looked solid.
-3rd quarter.... what can you say? 8 minute drive driving all the way up to the 1 yard line. Should have put that ball into the end zone, but hard to put much blame there
-4th quarter, we looked absolutely terrible, Smith included. We were in a comfortable lead at that point but I think most of us were waiting for the Chiefs to put the game away, but I think we have to settle for the idea that we're probably not going to do that much

It was a very efficient game for Alex Smith. For the first 3 quarters, we moved the ball at will. Some of that was set up by really good field position because DAT was terrific in the return game today. Another one of those games where the Chiefs dominated on offense but it's hard to explain why, since they dominate in a really boring way