PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Houston we don't have a problem

Eureka
11-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Justin Houston is a stud and should be re-signed for a Watt like contract. He just needs a chance to catch a TD and make an INT. Sack record is within reach.

Dorsey didn't did spend $$ this year and has some ammo for next year.

Thoughts?

BlackHelicopters
11-02-2014, 03:42 PM
What?

Iconic
11-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Houston we didn't did have a problem

-King-
11-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Houston we don't have a problem

OMG! That is so clever!

It's a play on the popular NASA quote from Apollo 13! Except this time it's referencing Justin Houston! How clever!

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 03:48 PM
2 sacks today in spite of being doubled atleast 2/3 of the time... PAY THE MAN.

But Justin, dont rape us... you need a good team around you to reach the top of the mountain.

thabear04
11-02-2014, 03:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B1dsD8QCAAATr4A.mp4

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Truck; this thread got it.

TimBone
11-02-2014, 04:10 PM
My gut tells me they WILL have a problem paying him.

cmh6476
11-02-2014, 04:12 PM
I never knew Forrest Gump was a Chiefs fan!

OldSchool
11-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Actually there is a problem, how are they going to sign him without killing the cap?

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 04:15 PM

OMG! That is so clever!

It's a play on the popular NASA quote from Apollo 13! Except this time it's referencing Justin Houston! How clever!

LMAO

Rain Man
11-02-2014, 04:27 PM

OMG! That is so clever!

Are you going to be sarcastic about my nickname suggestion of "Mission Control", too?

cmh6476
11-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Archimedes

16th-century illustration of Archimedes in the bath, with Hiero's crown at bottom right
The exclamation 'Eureka!' is famously attributed to the ancient Greek scholar Archimedes. He reportedly proclaimed "Eureka!" when he stepped into a bath and noticed that the water level rose—he suddenly understood that the volume of water displaced must be equal to the volume of the part of his body he had submerged. (This relation is not what is known as Archimedes' principle—that deals with the upthrust experienced by a body immersed in a fluid.[2][3]) He then realized that the volume of irregular objects could be measured with precision, a previously intractable problem. He is said to have been so eager to share his discovery that he leapt out of his bathtub and ran through the streets of Syracuse naked.

Archimedes' insight led to the solution of a problem posed by Hiero of Syracuse, on how to assess the purity of an irregular golden votive crown; he had given his goldsmith the pure gold to be used, and correctly suspected he had been cheated, by the goldsmith removing gold and adding the same weight of silver. Equipment for weighing objects already existed, and now that Archimedes could also measure volume, their ratio would give the object's density, an important indicator of purity.

This story first appeared in written form in Vitruvius's books of architecture, two centuries after it supposedly took place.[4] Some scholars have doubted the accuracy of this tale, saying among other things that the method would have required precise measurements that would have been difficult to make at the time.[5] Galileo Galilei himself weighed in on the controversy, suggesting a design for a hydrostatic balance that could be used to compare the dry weight of an object with the weight of the same object submerged in water.[6] For the problem posed to Archimedes, though, there is a simple method which requires no precision equipment: balance the crown against pure gold in air, and then submerge the scale with crown and gold in water to see if they still balance.[7]

FloridaMan88
11-02-2014, 04:50 PM
But Justin, dont rape us... you need a good team around you to reach the top of the mountain.

I don't see that happening… remember Justin Houston held out as a FOURTH round draft pick rookie.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't see that happening… remember Justin Houston held out as a FOURTH round draft pick rookie.

Tough to argue around that lol, the guy believes in himself like crazy.

I still say PAY HIM, thats JUST the kind of cocky self confidence this team has needed since forever, he could well end up being that angry, demonstrative voice getting up in players faces we need so bad... there are plenty of spots where we can cut the fat to make this happen.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 05:14 PM
I think Houston went in the 3rd round.

BigRedChief
11-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Maybe we should sign the best pass rusher we have has since DT? Thats a novel concept. Thanks for the idea.

BigRedChief
11-02-2014, 05:22 PM
I think Houston went in the 3rd round.Let that be a lesson to all. Smoke weed before the combine, cost yourself millions of $'s.

acasas4
11-02-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm saving a lot of cash with all the free Big Macs he's getting me! That and the escalades!

58-4ever
11-02-2014, 05:24 PM

Ummmm... Third round.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Ummmm... Third round.

88 made a simple mistake but ease up, for even a THIRD rounder to hold out is still the epitomy of Big Balls.

Like, Bon Scott big balls.

mdchiefsfan
11-02-2014, 05:34 PM
88 made a simple mistake but ease up, for even a THIRD rounder to hold out is still the epitomy of Big Balls.

Like, Bon Scott big balls.

He was easily slotted as one of the premiere 1st round OLBs. He popped hot for weed at the combine (which is pathetically dumb) and fell into our laps.

Being a third round pick was a blessing for us, not him. Can't complain about his desire to hold out.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2014, 05:55 PM
If Houston wants JJ Watt money then we do have a problem, regardless of whether we sign him or not.

Eureka
11-02-2014, 07:10 PM
If Houston wants JJ Watt money then we do have a problem, regardless of whether we sign him or not.

You guys are warped. I wish Al Davis was around to sign him away.

bricks
11-02-2014, 07:17 PM

I say he has to beast it all year and then I wouldn't have a problem giving him that type of dough.

Last year he got off to a great start and then wasn't exactly productive in the 2nd half of the year. I hope the same thing doesn't happen this year. My gut tells me it won't but you never know? Id like to see him rip it up and tear the league with like 25 sacks.

Consistency is the main thing for me.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2014, 07:18 PM
You guys are warped. I wish Al Davis was around to sign him away.
Let's see if you can understand.

1. Houston wants J.J. Watt money and we don't pay him and lose a good player.

2. Houston wants J.J. Watt money and we do pay him and our salary cap/payroll takes a huge hit and we have less money for other players.

It's pretty much a lose/lose

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 07:20 PM
I say he has to beast it all year and then I wouldn't have a problem giving him that type of dough.

Last year he got off to a great start and then wasn't exactly productive in the 2nd half of the year. I hope the same thing doesn't happen this year. My gut tells me it won't but you never know? Id like to see him rip it up and tear the league with like 25 sacks.

Consistency is the main thing for me.

Uhhhhh, he was hurt week 11-17.

bricks
11-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Uhhhhh, he was hurt week 11-17.

:doh!: oh yeah that's right.

I forgot about that. My bad.

Still consistency is key though. I'd like to see him keep this up all year.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 07:31 PM
:doh!: oh yeah that's right.

I forgot about that. My bad.

Still consistency is key though. I'd like to see him keep this up all year.

Didn't mean to be a douche then. I'm sorry. Houston was just a target of our local idiots all offseason on how he just wasn't good enough and undeserving of a new contract so I jumped into fight mode..

Anyway, he had 11 sacks through 11 games last season before he got hurt them came back and had another sack in the playoff game. This season, he's already got 12 sacks through 8 games.

He's literally gotten better in every single season. In my opinion, he's already proven that he's a top 3-4 OLB and deserving of a huge contract. I'm guessing somewhere slightly north of what Matthews and Quinn got but not quite what Watt got.

Wallcrawler
11-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Let's see if you can understand.

1. Houston wants J.J. Watt money and we don't pay him and lose a good player.

2. Houston wants J.J. Watt money and we do pay him and our salary cap/payroll takes a huge hit and we have less money for other players.

It's pretty much a lose/lose

Pretty much.

He's definitely a cornerstone you would want to build a defense around. Only problem, with what he's asking for, there's no money left to build a defense. or keep the major parts you have right now in Poe, Bailey, Berry, etc.. You get Justin Houston, and a bunch of bargain basement guys.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Houston is able to do what he does in LARGE PART because of the presence of Tamba Hali. Tamba doesn't have the sack numbers, but he's definitely bringing the pressure and Houston has a good number of those sacks because of the pressure Tamba brings from the other side.

Its a pretty safe bet that Tamba wont be around next year unless he really just doesn't care about his last big payoff before life after football begins.

If I were Dorsey, I would franchise tag Houston this offseason if he wont see reason and come to an agreement on a fair deal that compensates him for his play and still leaves the team in position to push forward.

This will show us what will happen to his play level without Hali on the other side. If he rips it up again, and if he still wont see reason, tag his ass again.

We've got Houston for 2 more seasons through the tag. If he balks and sits out, he only hurts himself. He wont be playing for someone else, this is the most important thing.

After two seasons, we will have a much clearer picture on where this team is headed, particularly at the QB position. At that point, we will know if we need to drop megamillions on one guy, or if we can ship Houston somewhere else in exchange for picks, or another piece of the puzzle.

Im hoping that Houston isn't simply a mercenary and wants to win a championship. But, if he is a merc, there's no way we keep him longer than the two tags.

BossChief
11-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Justin Houston is a terrific player that is effective at anything he has been asked to do and is an amazing pass rusher, to boot.

They need to lock him down long term, whatever it takes.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Justin Houston is a terrific player that is effective at anything he has been asked to do and is an amazing pass rusher, to boot.

some people were saying the same about Bowe

BossChief
11-02-2014, 08:58 PM

What does that have to do with Houston?

kysirsoze
11-02-2014, 09:00 PM

I wanted them to re-sign Bowe, but he is not close to the same category as Houston. He's not nearly as good at his position nor is his position nearly as vital. Anyone saying his re-signing was necessary was in full homer mode.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2014, 09:02 PM
What does that have to do with Houston?
There is NO SUCH thing as 'whatever it takes'

every player has a acceptable value $ range

people have found that out regarding Bowe

not that it will do any good

Buckweath
11-02-2014, 09:10 PM
I'll hate it if Houston gets a contract as huge as the one Watt got. Houston's sack numbers look nice now but Watt is a much better player than Houston will ever be. I hope Houston gets the franchise tag. There's plenty of examples of players who got fat contracts and saw their play decline not long after. I trust Dorsey not to give Houston Watt's type of money.

RealSNR
11-02-2014, 09:13 PM
You're not finding Houston's replacement in the draft or free agency.

He's a special player, and you'll see a huge regression as a unit if they have to let Houston walk.

Make cuts in other places. Dumpster dive for more starters. Do what you have to do. Just don't let Houston walk.

RealSNR
11-02-2014, 09:17 PM
As long as you Houston and Poe, you have the foundation of a great defense. From there it's just a matter of mixing and matching various odd pieces and drafted players. Maybe you tack on one or two extra longterm guys like Allen Bailey.

Those two are the most important extensions on the team.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 09:18 PM

No one with a brain was saying that.

What most were saying was that we had no viable, proven WR options outside of Bowe and so we needed to keep him. Couple that with the fact that we basically only had Jamaal Charles at the time and it made Bowe a must-keep.

Remember, that deal was signed long before Knile and Kelce stepped up to the plate. We were looking at Anthony Fasano and Donnie Avery as our only other receiving threats.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 09:18 PM
You're not finding Houston's replacement in the draft or free agency.

He's a special player, and you'll see a huge regression as a unit if they have to let Houston walk.

Make cuts in other places. Dumpster dive for more starters. Do what you have to do. Just don't let Houston walk.

As long as you Houston and Poe, you have the foundation of a great defense. From there it's just a matter of mixing and matching various odd pieces and drafted players. Maybe you tack on one or two extra longterm guys like Allen Bailey.

Those two are the most important extensions on the team.

This and That.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Make that +2 on SNR's posts.

Houston and Poe are indispensable. Everyone else, including Berry, could be replaced. Sometimes it's actually better to have some no-names. Those guys are often hungry.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 10:10 PM

There's got to be at least 10 Cunta Robinsons left on this roster who can be shown the door.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Make that +2 on SNR's posts.

Houston and Poe are indispensable. Everyone else, including Berry, could be replaced. Sometimes it's actually better to have some no-names. Those guys are often hungry.

Seems to me Bowe and Berry are the logical hit.

Gravedigger
11-02-2014, 10:12 PM

Nobody was saying that about Bowe, and whoever compares Houston to Bowe is an idiot. Houston might very well break DTs record this year, you need to lock him down and say goodbye to Tamba, we all knew it was going to happen.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Seems to me Bowe and Berry are the logical hit.

If what people are saying about Bowe's contract guarantees being voided after his arrest then his ass needs to be cut at season's end.

I'd be fine with keeping or moving Berry.

RealSNR
11-02-2014, 10:21 PM
If you can tag Houston without royally pissing him off and making him not want to play here anymore after the tag, that would save us one more year of Hali. I wouldn't mind that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2014, 10:26 PM
If you can tag Houston without royally pissing him off and making him not want to play here anymore after the tag, that would save us one more year of Hali. I wouldn't mind that.

I like this.

But, someone has got to go. That dude would find Dorsey in a dark parking lot and force feed him some 'Bama, if you know what I mean.

alpha_omega
11-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Made me laugh.