PDA

View Full Version : Football So yeah, 11 of 16 AFC teams have at least 5 wins after week 9

cmh6476
11-02-2014, 04:23 PM
on the flip side of that there's probably only going to be 7 on the NFC side. We may very well have to win 6 of our last 8 just to make the playoffs.

cmh6476
11-02-2014, 04:23 PM
the raiders are not one of those teams

Shaid
11-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Wait for this shit until the middle of the week. We just won, the Chargers lost, and Denver is losing. Don't mess with our mojo!

cmh6476
11-02-2014, 06:23 PM
oops, only 6 of 16 nfc teams

KCrockaholic
11-02-2014, 06:30 PM
There could be 3 teams from the AFC North into the playoffs if we aren't careful.

TLO
11-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Just keep winning games.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 06:32 PM
There could be 3 teams from the AFC North into the playoffs if we aren't careful.

Could be three from the AFC East just as easily..

Hoover
11-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Could be three from the AFC East just as easily..
Could be three from the AFC West just as easily...

notorious
11-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Is there an echo in here?

jonzie04
11-02-2014, 06:55 PM
i swear theres an echo in here. :D

Direckshun
11-02-2014, 06:59 PM
The AFCN still have a bunch of games against each other, and they'll all knock each other out. Chiefs just gotta get to the 10-win plateau to beat out the 2nd place team there.

We've got the tiebreaker on the Dolphins, and have a game against the Bills for the same rights. If we lose to the Bills, there's some cause for concern.

The AFCS is pathetic after the Colts.

The biggest thing we can do at this point is beat the teams we're supposed to beat, beat the Bills, and beat the Steelers. Beating the Chargers for the season ender will be gigantic, too.

That's a very tall order, but doing it all but guarantees a playoff berth.

MotherfuckerJones
11-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Keep adding Ws and see where we're at going into December.

MotherfuckerJones
11-02-2014, 07:02 PM
The AFCN still have a bunch of games against each other, and they'll all knock each other out. Chiefs just gotta get to the 10-win plateau to beat out the 2nd place team there.

We've got the tiebreaker on the Dolphins, and have a game against the Bills for the same rights. If we lose to the Bills, there's some cause for concern.

The biggest thing we can do at this point is beat the teams we're supposed to beat, beat the Bills, and beat the Steelers. Beating the Chargers for the season ender will be gigantic, too.

This Buffalo game is huge.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 07:07 PM
We need all the AFC wins we can get.

That means taking care of our division with maybe one to drop, we'll call that one the Broncos game.

I'd love to beat Seattle and Arizona to prove we can hang with the big boys but as far as just getting into the post season is concerned, those are our two most lose-able games.

Direckshun
11-02-2014, 07:08 PM
We need all the AFC wins we can get.

That means taking care of our division with maybe one to drop, we'll call that one the Broncos game.

I'd love to beat Seattle and Arizona to prove we can hang with the big boys but as far as just getting into the post season is concerned, those are our two most lose-able games.

Agreed.

TribalElder
11-02-2014, 07:11 PM

naw, pittsburgh gonna shit the bed

RealSNR
11-02-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm ultra pissed about that San Francisco loss now.

We should be 6-2 right now, and if we won against Buffalo next week, we'd be set up very nicely for the playoffs, allowing us some wiggle room incase we get bested by a couple teams that we should beat.

Instead, it means we've REALLY got to win that Buffalo game, because I don't think we're going to sweep the rest of our division games. We'll have a home loss either to Denver or San Diego and possibly both.

And the Seahawks and the Cardinals are going to be dick-suckingly hard, too. We'll be fortunate to just win one of those.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 07:21 PM
If the season ended today, we would play the Colts in the WC.

http://i.imgur.com/L7hUjV0.jpg

Note: winner of tonight's game bounces us from the playoffs.

KCrockaholic
11-02-2014, 07:24 PM
naw, pittsburgh gonna shit the bed

I'd say there's more of a chance that Baltimore shits the bed than Pittsburgh.

I don't see the Browns making it in, but Josh Gordon's return will come just in time to help them.

Bengals are a playoff team. If they fail to make it then they really F'ed up somewhere.

I like Pittsburgh's talent over Baltimore.

In the AFC East I'm not a believer in the Bills. The Pats are in. The Dolphins are a confusing team, but should be in the mix down to the last week.

I think SD is out this year. I said 3 weeks ago it was the beginning of the decline for SD. I think they'll be happy to be 8-8 at the end.

KCrockaholic
11-02-2014, 07:25 PM

Top 5 are all in. And 6th is a fight between Pittsburgh and Baltimore. That's my call. (And yes, my homer take as well)

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Bills/Chiefs and Chargers/Chiefs will be huge huge games for us.

Man, exciting to be playing meaningful games! Thank you, Alex!

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 07:28 PM

Why would it bounce us if we're the 5th seed over the Bills?

Wouldn't it put us at 6 and the winner at 5?

KCrockaholic
11-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm ultra pissed about that San Francisco loss now.

We should be 6-2 right now, and if we won against Buffalo next week, we'd be set up very nicely for the playoffs, allowing us some wiggle room incase we get bested by a couple teams that we should beat.

Instead, it means we've REALLY got to win that Buffalo game, because I don't think we're going to sweep the rest of our division games. We'll have a home loss either to Denver or San Diego and possibly both.

And the Seahawks and the Cardinals are going to be dick-suckingly hard, too. We'll be fortunate to just win one of those.

But we face "pocket sloth" next week. Houston and Hali should eat up.

I think we beat Seattle fairly easily tbh.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Why would it bounce us if we're the 5th seed over the Bills?

Wouldn't it put us at 6 and the winner at 5?

Because the Bills will beat us next week. They hold the tiebreaker.

Chiefs4TheWin
11-02-2014, 07:32 PM

If we lose to the Bills, it might as well be over unless we play lights out and upset some rough games.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Because the Bills will beat us next week. They hold the tiebreaker.

So if the playoffs started today we'd be bounced from the playoffs because the Bills will beat us next week?

:spock:

RealSNR
11-02-2014, 07:33 PM
But we face "pocket sloth" next week. Houston and Hali should eat up.

I think we beat Seattle fairly easily tbh.

Seattle's playing like dookie right now, but that's the dangerous part about them. You never know if they're going to turn it back on. Or when they'll do it.

Chiefs4TheWin
11-02-2014, 07:34 PM
beat Bills beat Raiders twice. then find me 2 games for 10 and 6

Direckshun
11-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Let's call it what it is. The Bills game is a must-win.

KCrockaholic
11-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Seattle's playing like dookie right now, but that's the dangerous part about them. You never know if they're going to turn it back on. Or when they'll do it.

I trust KC to whoop them at home. Seattle is a terrible road team, and frankly just not playing well at all right now, even at home.

bsroyals54
11-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Lol, Jokeland is 0-8

KCrockaholic
11-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Lol, Jokeland is 0-8

I wonder which crappy team LA would want the most?

I'd want the Rams if I had my choice of the obvious selections.

RINGLEADER
11-02-2014, 07:44 PM
We control our destiny for the division. At the mid-point that's OK by me.

ThaVirus
11-02-2014, 07:46 PM
We control our destiny for the division. At the mid-point that's OK by me.

You mean by winning out with 8 games left to play?

We are not in a favorable position.

jonzie04
11-02-2014, 07:49 PM
we dont have to win out lol. all the experts are saying the nfc teams are the ones who are actually fucked. theyre saying it might be a rare year and could take 11 wins in that division.

Mav
11-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Alex Smith is the type of qb they struggle with. He doesn't turn it over.

Mav
11-02-2014, 07:52 PM
You mean by winning out with 8 games left to play?

We are not in a favorable position.
How are the chiefs not? They have their two toughest division games at home. They get to play the raiders twice. Truthfully, if they beat the bills, which will be tough, it's realistic that the chiefs could contend for the division.

Hoover
11-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Oakland is going to have the top pick in the draft with a couple of good QBs to choose from. Too bad they have an awful GM who will screw up being in that position.