PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs did the Jets try to win today? Or try to keep it from being embarrassing?

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Busting out the Tim Tebow read option offense.

I knew from the second the game was underway we were going to win, and win big...

but that game plan the Jets had on offense said the same thing that I thought going in

they weren't trying to win today, they were trying to not get embarrassed

they busted out the Tim Tebow Denver offense...

I said during the game that if I was a Jets fan and had to watch that shit I'd just kill myself, or stop watching

how fucking boring was that? I wanted to see the Chiefs defense RAPE, and while we played really well...it's hard to do anything against that dumbass read-option, score a max of 10-13 points, 1950s NFL offense

lcarus
11-02-2014, 07:29 PM
They tried to not get embarrassed, and if they by some miracle were in a position to win the game, that would just be icing on their boring "please don't rape me" cake.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2014, 07:29 PM
They were down to Matt Simms at one point. Chiefs were just toying with them.

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:31 PM
at least with Matt Simms they attempted to throw the ball

honestly, what's the point of playing Mike Vick on a 1-7 team when all you're doing is running the read option?

Shouldn't they just fire everyone and play Matt Simms the rest of the year and shoot for the #1 pick?

I mean, I was totally excited to watch the Chiefs defense today and then the Jets just busted out a Tim Tebow read option bullshit of an offense today that, against a team with an offense as efficient as ours, had ZERO shot of winning...

the only thing it did was shorten the game and kept the raping to a minimum

I mean, jesus

lcarus
11-02-2014, 07:31 PM
That said, Vick gives them a better chance of winning than Geno.

lcarus
11-02-2014, 07:33 PM

honestly, what's the point of playing Mike Vick on a 1-7 team when all you're doing is running the read option?

Shouldn't they just fire everyone and play Matt Simms the rest of the year and shoot for the #1 pick?

I mean, I was totally excited to watch the Chiefs defense today and then the Jets just busted out a Tim Tebow read option bullshit of an offense today that, against a team with an offense as efficient as ours, had ZERO shot of winning...

I mean, jesus

I figured with Vick they'd come out firing the ball all over the yard, taking risks left and right. It was really a pussy gameplan, you're right.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 07:34 PM

oooOOOoooOooo

The Genobaters will be here to tell you how lucky the Chiefs were today...

If Geno was playing we would of been F'd....

lcarus
11-02-2014, 07:35 PM
oooOOOoooOooo

The Genobaters will be here to tell you how lucky the Chiefs were today...

If Geno was playing we would of been F'd....

Yeah I think the Geno guys are out of that business at this point.

Hootie
I was pretty upset watching them not even try on offense...

I guess they knew that, had they let Vick drop back and throw the ball, we would have sacked him about 15 times and had 1 or 2 defensive scores, minimum

Gonzo

Maybe... The way they're playing now I don't see them winning another game.
It reminded me of Tyler Palko Ffs.

lcarus
11-02-2014, 07:36 PM
The only way this type of gameplan is acceptable is if you're playing against a team that makes a lot of mistakes. Which is the opposite of the Chiefs...

-King-
11-02-2014, 07:37 PM
They were trying to win. At this point, there's no incentive for Ryan or the GM to be giving out orders to lose out to get the #1 pick because they'll be fired at the end of the season. Might as well get a few wins and improve your record so you can get another job at the end of the season.

The bad part is that they sucked so much in the 2nd half that it killed all our rhythm.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 07:38 PM
The Jets are doing what is right. Tanking for Mariota.

We will regret not taking Geno. He could have led us RIGHT to Mariota.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 07:39 PM

JFC here we go... More stupid...

lcarus
11-02-2014, 07:40 PM

I see you like the Cleveland Browns approach to managing a football team.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/571/269/ScreenShot2013-10-23at1.12.30PM_original_crop_north.png?w=759&h=506&q=75

Those guys all suck, but don't worry. If the next one sucks he'll lead us right to a top 5 pick again.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Those guys all suck, but don't worry. If the next one sucks he'll lead us right to a top 5 pick again.

And the Browns have had more playoff success than this franchise in the last 10 years, and currently have the same record.

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:41 PM
It's almost to the point where...Alex Smith is moving up into the 2nd tier of QBs.

Would we be any better than 5-3 with Big Ben or Eli? Rivers?

I mean, Alex isn't top 5 or anything...but he's clearly in the top 12 somewhere.

I am so impressed with Alex Smith.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 07:42 PM
I am so impressed with Alex Smith.

Can you explain his poor 2nd half today?

Reerun_KC
11-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Lcarus with the kick straight to the sack....

Easy 6

ROFL thread WIN/go ahead and shut it down mods.

ROFL

mdchiefsfan
Maybe... The way they're playing now I don't see them winning another game.
It reminded me of Tyler Palko Ffs.

Just reading Palko's name makes me shudder. What the fuck, Haley?

Reerun_KC

I would rather hear your tinfoil hat theory...

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:44 PM
I think we're going to win 11 games.

But I can see us winning anywhere between 10 and 12.

Anything less would be shocking to me.

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:46 PM

Poor?

I realize you don't understand the NFL, at all, so I'll briefly explain the Chiefs on offense in the 2nd half to you.

When you know you're going to win, and you're up 2+ scores, your entire game plan changes. Instead of being aggressive, you become conservative. Every single play called when we were up 14 was a conservative play call.

Alex and the offense didn't need to do anything other than eat clock and make ZERO mistakes or ZERO risks facing the Jets and their read option offense in the 2nd half today.

So, again, you're dumb. And wrong. And look really, really, really bad on this board with your football takes and you should probably take said takes and shove them up your non-football knowing ass.

lcarus
11-02-2014, 07:46 PM
And the Browns have had more playoff success than this franchise in the last 10 years, and currently have the same record.

The Browns haven't been to the playoffs since 2002, and they lost. Their last playoff win was in 1994 or 95. Can't remember. We've shit the bed in the playoffs so many times, but I'd still rather be us than them.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Poor?

I realize you don't understand the NFL, at all, so I'll briefly explain the Chiefs on offense in the 2nd half to you.

I dunno man. Scoring 3 points doesn't cut it to me.

We got lucky the Jets blew that goal line possession. Could have been a one score game at the end.

A 2 TD lead isn't much.

Hootie
11-02-2014, 07:50 PM
game would have been totally different 24-17

I fully expect we would have marched down and scored more points on the ensuing drive. Our offense was unstoppable today. The only thing that stopped it was the Jets not trying to win.

lcarus
11-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Clay, just take off your villain mask and rejoin the republic. There's still time for you. But when we take this fuckin division and go on to win in the playoffs I want you to be a part of it. We need you for videos and gifs and what not. Plus you're gonna look and feel like an incredible tool when it happens. You'll be on the outside looking in through the window, watching your fellow Chiefs fans celebrate. I don't want that for you. I really don't. It's not too late.

Lex Luthor
11-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Clay, just take off your villain mask and rejoin the republic. There's still time for you. But when we take this ****in division and go on to win in the playoffs I want you to be a part of it. We need you for videos and gifs and what not. Plus you're gonna look and feel like an incredible tool when it happens. You'll be on the outside looking in through the window, watching your fellow Chiefs fans celebrate. I don't want that for you. I really don't. It's not too late.

Fuck him. He made his bed. Let him sleep in it.

Demonpenz
11-02-2014, 07:55 PM
The Jets were not good today, but if I were them I would run until chris johnson dies. He looked decent.

lcarus
Fuck him. He made his bed. Let him sleep in it.

I see the good Clay in there, dying to get out. The only thing holding him back at this point is pride.

http://files.enjin.com/70955/other_images/join-the-team.png

Baby Lee
Clay, just take off your villain mask and rejoin the republic. There's still time for you. But when we take this fuckin division and go on to win in the playoffs I want you to be a part of it. We need you for videos and gifs and what not. Plus you're gonna look and feel like an incredible tool when it happens. You'll be on the outside looking in through the window, watching your fellow Chiefs fans celebrate. I don't want that for you. I really don't. It's not too late.

He's already signed away his life rights to be official Chiefs punch bowl turd.

BucEyedPea
11-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Jets aren't competitive at all. Even the Bucs are at least that.

Just Passin' By
11-02-2014, 08:05 PM

And, after all the first round QB selections, the Browns are doing it with a UDFA retread. A Patriots UDFA retread. LMAO

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 08:06 PM

The Bills.

If we beat the Bills, I'll begin to Bill-ieve.

A team that can beat Kyle Orton can beat anyone.

TribalElder
11-02-2014, 08:08 PM

I mean, jesus

I said this in the chat but I think Matt Simms is the best QB they have on the roster honestly.

lcarus
11-02-2014, 08:08 PM
The Bills.

If we beat the Bills, I'll begin to Bill-ieve.

I'll hold you to that. And even if we lose, I'm not done trying.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 08:10 PM
I'll hold you to that. And even if we lose, I'm not done trying.

Thank you Icarus. I want to believe again. It is cold and dark here in the basement sometimes.

lcarus
11-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Thank you Icarus. I want to believe again. It is cold and dark here in the basement sometimes.

Shit it's cold and dark up here too but the fucking sun is gonna come out soon so you should come on up.

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2014, 08:13 PM
http://usatq.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/usatsi_7557627_221200_lowres.jpg

Baby Lee
11-02-2014, 08:18 PM

Oh Bullshit!!

You've devoted yourself to loudly proclaiming 'this is MY basement!! I claim this glorious basement for drafturbator nation!! Soon all will bow the knee and humbly seek refuge with me in this magnificent emporium of basementary!!'

Hammock Parties
11-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Oh Bullshit!!

You've devoted yourself to loudly proclaiming 'this is MY basement!! I claim this glorious basement for drafturbator nation!! Soon all will bow the knee and humbly seek refuge with me in this magnificent emporium of basementary!!'

Should the Bills defeat us, I will keep a seat down here warm for you.

-King-
11-02-2014, 08:43 PM
How people still entertain Clay. That's CPs biggest mystery.

Direckshun
11-02-2014, 08:46 PM
I honestly think the Chiefs were backing off on defense when they picked up on the Jets offense tanking. Notice all that ridiculous cushion we gave their WRs in the 4th quarter?

Simply Red
11-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Pretty boring game I agree - thought Fasano looked good, surprisingly.

TimBone
11-02-2014, 08:51 PM
How people still entertain Clay. That's CPs biggest mystery.
Meh....he's at least entertaining.

O.city
11-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Did feel weird. 9 nice we got up 140, I never felt like there was a chance they'd come back. Just a weird feeling.

Seemed like both teams felt that way too. Just run out the clock kind of thing

Simply Red
11-02-2014, 08:52 PM
I honestly think the Chiefs were backing off on defense when they picked up on the Jets offense tanking. Notice all that ridiculous cushion we gave their WRs in the 4th quarter?

not just the 4th

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 09:21 PM

Haha, its all a big joke to this guy, this post is proof.

Sorter
11-02-2014, 09:22 PM
I missed the game. How'd our interior OL hold up?

lcarus
11-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Haha, its all a big joke to this guy, this post is proof.

It makes me literally laugh out loud to think there are still people getting mad about it at this point.

Easy 6
11-02-2014, 09:28 PM

I thought they were splendid in pass pro today, Smith had the cleanest, longest lasting pockets he's had all year today, tons of time. On the run, they still werent as great as some say, regardless of run game rank they dont get much push. Some of that may be the scheme not calling for mashers, but I still dont like it.

It makes me literally laugh out loud to think there are still people getting mad about it at this point.

The problem is that he's not always very clear in the distinction.

Sorter
11-02-2014, 09:29 PM
I thought they were splendid in pass pro today, Smith had the cleanest, longest lasting pockets he's had all year today, tons of time. Against the run, they still werent as great as some say, regardless of run game rank they dont get much push. Some of that may be the scheme not calling for mashers, but I still dont like it.

Excellent.

Direckshun
11-02-2014, 09:29 PM

In pass protection, fine.

In the run game, they struggled to get push early (Charles still somehow found yardage), but they got more and more as the game went on.

At one point in the third quarter they were reliably getting three yards of push every down.

I didn't hear Sheldon Richardson's name called once. Think he might have taken this game off. But Wilkerson had only one TFL, I believe.

MotherfuckerJones
11-02-2014, 09:37 PM
The gameplan was get the ball out early, but the oline did well today in the passing game. Run game seemed to struggle as JC somehow found yardage. But overall I was pleased with the oline. Kudos to them.

lcarus
11-02-2014, 09:52 PM
We're one LG away from having a really good o-line. Dorsey is quietly putting together a really solid roster from top to bottom and is improving our cap situation at the same time.