PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: the great Tamba Hali.

Direckshun
11-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Most recently, Dane and BossChief have made impassioned arguments that they believe Hali is open to restructuring so that he remains a Chief this offseason.

I don't know how likely that is, as is the case with most of you, because of his cap number, the incoming payday for Mr. Houston, and the development of Dee Ford, who we spent a 1st on last year.

Nonetheless, there's no question he's an invaluable part of the locker room and on field production, and he's a ****ing passrusher. One of the best this franchise has seen, which is saying something considering this franchise has reliably churned out excellent passrushers over the years.

What percentage do you think it is likely that Hali stays a Chief this offseason?

Poll forthcoming:

TLO
11-03-2014, 10:38 PM
INB4 POLL

Hammock Parties
11-03-2014, 10:41 PM
He'll probably take a pay cut or something, since he appears to be on the decline.

A great Chiefs career, though. It's a crime that he won't win a championship.

TimeForWasp
11-03-2014, 10:42 PM
I think we need to try and get something reasonable in a trade. His replacement has been drafted.

mcaj22
11-03-2014, 10:42 PM
i think he goes and chases a ring. Him and DJ will go to teams like the Packers, Patriots, Denver, etc for the last couple years to play with those QBs.

TimBone
11-03-2014, 10:49 PM
I would love for him to stay. Not likely, though.

thabear04
11-03-2014, 10:58 PM
I want him to retire with the Chiefs.

OldSchool
11-03-2014, 11:00 PM
He's gone if he won't agree to a Suggs-like extension. The team is set up to replace him with Ford and if Ford fails, Martin is right behind him.

scho63
11-04-2014, 06:55 AM
It will be nearly impossible to keep him if when we resign Justin Houston with the limited cap space we have.

Unless we somehow restructure 2-3 big contracts, it seems nearly impossible based on the math.

I hope I'm wrong but he is certainly on the downside of his career at this point.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2014, 07:08 AM
i think he goes and chases a ring. Him and DJ will go to teams like the Packers, Patriots, Denver, etc for the last couple years to play with those QBs.

Denver? No way.

They have their own people to worry about signing.

Wallcrawler
11-04-2014, 08:07 AM
This is Hali's last contract before life after football. In my mind, he has to take the money. There are going to be teams out there that will throw more money at him than he's probably worth to get him to jump ship. If that happens, I wont blame him at all.

I think the only way he restructures to stay here is a playoff win. Some hard evidence that the team is moving forward, REALLY moving forward. I think if we win a playoff game, he would restructure and stay on.

If we don't make the playoffs, or we're another one and done, he takes the payoff and leaves.

The Houston deal is going to force Tamba Hali out in all likelihood.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-04-2014, 08:19 AM

:spock:

spanky 52
11-04-2014, 08:58 AM
0 %. His money goes to Houston.

loochy
11-04-2014, 09:14 AM
I think we need to try and get something reasonable in a trade. His replacement has been drafted.

His replacement has played like 5 downs

and on one of them he ran away from the ball carrier

hometeam
11-04-2014, 09:22 AM
People like to say Hali is declining, and I agree, but only in the smallest ways. He led the league in overall pressures last year and has been wreaking havoc all year. He needs to be back. Dee Ford can suck it.

Saul Good
11-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I said 60%, but I wouldn't bring him back. Better to let him go a year too early than a year too late.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Dline in pass situations: Hali,Ford,Poe,Houston

If Bailey keeps improving: Hali,Ford,Bailey,Houston

it would give Poe some snaps off that way too

Pablo
11-04-2014, 12:21 PM
He's probably gone; and I guess we'll just have to see if Dee Ford can run towards ball carriers instead of away from them.

Sucks, but that's the reality. He's a guy that I think will probably play a few more seasons at a reasonably high level, just not for the money the Chiefs will want to give him.

O.city
11-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Dline in pass situations: Hali,Ford,Poe,Houston

If Bailey keeps improving: Hali,Ford,Bailey,Houston

it would give Poe some snaps off that way too

Switching to a 43 base?

ThaVirus
11-04-2014, 02:29 PM
No way I'd line Ford up inside. That negates his only specialty.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2014, 02:32 PM
No way I'd line Ford up inside. That negates his only specialty.

so far Ford's best move has been the bull rush

besides on passing downs Hali splits out wider making plenty of room for Ford's quick first step

not to mention that Hali and Ford could runs some seriously effective stunts

Rausch
11-04-2014, 02:33 PM
This is Hali's last contract before life after football. In my mind, he has to take the money. There are going to be teams out there that will throw more money at him than he's probably worth to get him to jump ship. If that happens, I wont blame him at all.

I think the only way he restructures to stay here is a playoff win. Some hard evidence that the team is moving forward, REALLY moving forward. I think if we win a playoff game, he would restructure and stay on.

If we don't make the playoffs, or we're another one and done, he takes the payoff and leaves.

The Houston deal is going to force Tamba Hali out in all likelihood.

It'll be Kneel Smith all over again...

O.city
11-04-2014, 02:33 PM
His short arams and slight frame would get eaten up inside by guards and centers

ThaVirus
11-04-2014, 02:36 PM
so far Ford's best move has been the bull rush

besides on passing downs Hali splits out wider making plenty of room for Ford's quick first step

not to mention that Hali and Ford could runs some seriously effective stunts

But his bull rush only works because he threatens with the speed rush.

Hali could legitimately bull rush a guard into the QBs lap.

jd1020
11-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Unless the Chiefs decide they like wasting 1st round picks on backups and that only tagging Houston is the best route to take then I put Hali being on the Chiefs in 2015 at 0.000000001%.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2014, 02:38 PM
But his bull rush only works because he threatens with the speed rush.

Hali could legitimately bull rush a guard into the QBs lap.

I believe Sutton already used Ford inside on passing downs earlier this year.

Didn't Ford get his first sack during that game?

RunKC
11-04-2014, 02:42 PM
His short arams and slight frame would get eaten up inside by guards and centers

You do know that typically OT's have long arms right?

O.city
11-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Sure.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2014, 03:32 PM
exactly

when it comes to arm length he measures up better to OGs than OT's

this is about passing downs

Where Ford would get hurt is being inside on a run down.

You line up Hali,Ford,Bailey,Houston and you will go with mobility/speed. Running twists and stunts to force the OTs to pass their guy off and still have the quickness to handle the guy coming around. Not many OTs can do that.

Let's see an OT across from Ford and Hali deal with them moving around.

ThaVirus
11-04-2014, 03:35 PM
I believe Sutton already used Ford inside on passing downs earlier this year.

Didn't Ford get his first sack during that game?

It's definitely possible.

I'm just saying that isn't putting our guy in the best position to succeed, IMO. He's yet to show an effective swim move or bull rush to be moved inside. He has shown an insane first step, though, which is better served on the outside over the tackle.

Say, for instance, the other team runs an inside draw. They have a pretty good chance of being able to move Ford wherever they want. Can't say the same for Hali.

Mr. Laz
11-04-2014, 03:36 PM
It's definitely possible.

I'm just saying that isn't putting our guy in the best position to succeed, IMO. He's yet to show an effective swim move or bull rush to be moved inside. He has shown an insane first step, though, which is better served on the outside over the tackle.

Say, for instance, the other team runs an inside draw. They have a pretty good chance of being able to move Ford wherever they want. Can't say the same for Hali.
ok

Ford,Hali,Bailey,Houston

ThaVirus
11-04-2014, 03:44 PM
ok

Ford,Hali,Bailey,Houston

:thumb:

Now you're talking my language.

Gino-Bartali
11-07-2014, 08:41 AM
People like to say Hali is declining, and I agree, but only in the smallest ways. He led the league in overall pressures last year and has been wreaking havoc all year. He needs to be back. Dee Ford can suck it.

I do not see his declining, either. In fact, he is playing really well. Houston's first sack against the Jets was in part thanks to Hali, who attracted an extra defender and negated a running lane to Vick. I really love the way he plays, you can not teach the intensity and the passion. Anyway, when they drafted Ford, the message was clear and Hali needs to go, is part of their plan. We will miss Hali more than we think. If Houston is already taking plays off, i do not want to imagine when he gets his money.

ThaVirus
11-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Houston is taking plays off now? Wow.

Coochie liquor
11-07-2014, 11:16 AM
I do not see his declining, either. In fact, he is playing really well. Houston's first sack against the Jets was in part thanks to Hali, who attracted an extra defender and negated a running lane to Vick. I really love the way he plays, you can not teach the intensity and the passion. Anyway, when they drafted Ford, the message was clear and Hali needs to go, is part of their plan. We will miss Hali more than we think. If Houston is already taking plays off, i do not want to imagine when he gets his money.

Leads league in sacks=is taking plays off??

Mr. Laz
11-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Leads league in sacks=is taking plays off??
I don't know anything about Houston taking plays off but the 2 things are not mutual exclusive.

many sacks are right place,right time

A player could absolutely take plays off when they don't think a sack is imminent.

like i said ... i'm not saying Houston is doing this, just that it's possible

Rausch
11-07-2014, 11:49 AM
I don't know anything about Houston taking plays off but the 2 things are not mutual exclusive.

A player could absolutely take plays off when they don't think a sack is imminent.

You're on crack.

The Rams game he beat that RT on almost EVERY play. Even plays he didn't get a pressure or sack he' beat his guy.

Consistently.

He's a freak...

penbrook
11-07-2014, 11:52 AM

He's never taking plays off. Look at the game vs the Jets he got fucking triple team and what does he do Vick scrambles and Houston fends off a guy and runs and sacks Vick. There's no way Houston takes plays off

Mr. Laz
11-07-2014, 12:02 PM
You're on crack.

The Rams game he beat that RT on almost EVERY play. Even plays he didn't get a pressure or sack he' beat his guy.

Consistently.

He's a freak...
How am i on crack?

I specifically said TWICE IN THE SAME POST that i wasn't talking about Houston that i WASN'T SAYING THAT HOUSTON WAS TAKING PLAYS OFF

That i was just saying that the concept of some player leading the lead is sacks wasn't linked to taking plays off.

Seems more like your reading comprehension is the issue, not any drug use by me.

ThaVirus
11-07-2014, 12:06 PM
How am i on crack?

I specifically said TWICE IN THE SAME POST that i wasn't talking about Houston that i WASN'T SAYING THAT HOUSTON WAS TAKING PLAYS OFF

That i was just saying that the concept of some player leading the lead is sacks wasn't linked to taking plays off.

Seems more like your reading comprehension is the issue, not any drug use by me.

It's just not best to even attempt to defend such a position.

Houston has never had issues with "taking plays off". Why is the idea being brought up now when he's playing the best he's ever played?

Oh, because it's time to pay him. Guys are looking for any excuse to cut him down, going as far as completely fabricating shit in the process.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2014, 12:14 PM
It's just not best to even attempt to defend such a position.

Houston has never had issues with "taking plays off". Why is the idea being brought up now when he's playing the best he's ever played?

Oh, because it's time to pay him. Guys are looking for any excuse to cut him down, going as far as completely fabricating shit in the process.
I have no idea where the idea about Houston came from. I have never heard it or commented on it before.

like i said ............... I merely commented that taking plays off is not mutual exclusive to leading the league is sacks. That's it, that's all.

Now if people cannot comprehend the separation of ideas, then that's their problem. They can continue to bleed and cry all they want.

ThaVirus
11-07-2014, 12:19 PM
I have no idea where the idea about Houston came from. I have never heard it or commented on it before.

like i said ............... I merely commented that taking plays off is not mutual exclusive to leading the league is sacks. That's it, that's all.

Now if people cannot comprehend the separation of ideas, then that's their problem. They can continue to bleed and cry all they want.

I feel you.

Reading comprehension around here is not the best. That's why I'm saying it's probably best you don't even attempt to defend the position in any capacity lest your name be linked to it later.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2014, 12:24 PM
I feel you.

Reading comprehension around here is not the best. That's why I'm saying it's probably best you don't even attempt to defend the position in any capacity lest your name be linked to it later.

I'm stubborn like that :D

Rausch
11-07-2014, 12:28 PM
How am i on crack?

Yes, you did.

TWICE.

You're not saying Houston did that you're just providing examples of how a player might be lazy...while talking about Houston...

Rausch
11-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Don't act like you're not insinuating he's doing that.

You are.

And you're wrong, AGAIN, and talking out your ass.

And you insist on pissing on any semblance of grammar while you do it...

Mr. Laz
11-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Don't act like you're not insinuating he's doing that.

You are.

And you're wrong, AGAIN, and talking out your ass.

And you insist on pissing on any semblance of grammar while you do it...
You just don't care what i actually said

you are going to make it what you want so you can bitch

I know that you understand this because you had to bring up something extra like grammar. You know you're full of shit so you start bitching about something else.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-07-2014, 01:47 PM
You seem to be the only one projecting they have to get rid of him