PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs extend FB Anthony Sherman's contract

Dante84
11-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman has inked a contract extension (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Sign-FB-Anthony-Sherman-to-Contract-Extension/77505296-4c1c-4615-b43b-35b723e110c6)

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that the team has inked fullback Anthony Sherman to a contract extension. Terms of the contract will not be released by the club.

“It was important for us to keep Anthony here in Kansas City,” Chiefs General Manager John Dorsey said. “He brings a lot to our football team with not only his play, but his work ethic, leadership and character. He doesn’t get a lot of recognition at his position, but he has been a key component to our success as a team.”

Sherman (5-10, 242) has played in 51 games (21 starts) in four NFL seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs (2013-14) and Arizona Cardinals (2011-12). His career numbers include 36 catches for 315 yards (8.8 avg.) with two receiving touchdowns. On the ground, he owns five carries for 14 yards. With the Chiefs, Sherman has played in all 23 games (10 starts) in his two seasons with the club. His Chiefs numbers include 23 catches for 204 yards with two touchdown receptions and four carries for 11 yards.

Sherman serves as the lead blocker for the Chiefs all-time leading rusher in Jamaal Charles. In 2013, Sherman helped pave the way for Charles who racked up 1,287 rushing yards. While in Arizona he led RB Beanie Wells to his first career 1,000-yard season. The North Attleboro, Massachusetts, native originally entered the NFL as a fifth-round pick (136th overall) of the Arizona Cardinals in the 2011 NFL Draft. He played collegiately at Connecticut and prepped at North Attleboro High School.

Perineum Ripper
11-05-2014, 11:20 AM
Fuck yea

The Franchise
11-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Awesome.

Dante84
BUT WHAT ABOUT ARENAS???!!!

MVChiefFan
:thumb: Good deal! Love me some Sherman tank!!!

Easy 6
11-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Smart.

Marcellus
11-05-2014, 11:23 AM
To this sausage ship!

Dante84
11-05-2014, 11:24 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash">#ChiefsKingdom</a> - This move will go over very well in locker room.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/530046769338798080">November 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BlackHelicopters
11-05-2014, 11:27 AM
To the watchtower

temper11
11-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman has inked a contract extension (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Sign-FB-Anthony-Sherman-to-Contract-Extension/77505296-4c1c-4615-b43b-35b723e110c6)

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Wednesday that the team has inked fullback Anthony Sherman to a contract extension. Terms of the contract will not be released by the club.

I didn't even know you could do this? Why don't they do this with everyone?

Pitt Gorilla
11-05-2014, 11:28 AM
BUT WHAT ABOUT ARENAS???!!!The kvetching about that trade on here was ridiculous. We got a good player for a not good player.

DaneMcCloud
Sweet

Big Poppa Payne
Time to order my Sherman jersey

DaneMcCloud

Who was the dipshit that was complaining that the trade was shit and that Sherman sucked?

I can't remember due to all of the dipshittery around these parts.

:D

saphojunkie
11-05-2014, 11:32 AM
The teams often don't release details of the contract. But they have to report it to the league, and that's usually when numbers get out.

Or the agents leak the details, because they want to show how well they did by their clients.

Titty Meat
11-05-2014, 11:36 AM
BUT WHAT ABOUT ARENAS???!!!

Should have never traded him

/ SNR

silver5liter
11-05-2014, 11:36 AM
This is great. I was somewhat concerned that they would think they could get a scrap heap FB to take his place and let him walk. He has been phenomenal though.

gblowfish
11-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Schnitengruben!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RdZR3h8gThU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Freaking beast. Love this.

penbrook
11-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Dave Skretta is reporting it's 3 years for 7 million

tk13
11-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Well there goes Houston's extension. Thanks Dorsey.

silver5liter
11-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Well there goes Houston's extension. Thanks Dorsey.

that 2 mil shermans gonna cost is really going to kill us

Dunerdr
11-05-2014, 11:42 AM
This guy helps hide some faults, always plays hard, and is generally a badass. I like it.

penbrook
11-05-2014, 11:43 AM
that 2 mil shermans gonna cost is really going to kill us

You can save that by cutting Avery. Actually 3 mil by cutting avery

silver5liter
11-05-2014, 11:44 AM
You can save that by cutting Avery. Actually 3 mil by cutting avery

I was being a smart ass

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Should have never traded him

/ SNR
I'm still right about that, by the way.

But at least Dorsey knows that when he falls ass over tea kettle into a good player, he should try to keep him.

Sandy Vagina
11-05-2014, 11:49 AM
LOVE THIS!

The best full back in the game... hope Andy will use him more to open up holes for JC/KD on short yardage situations...

Bowser
11-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Sherman has more receiving touchdowns than our entire group of wide receivers. Of course you extend him.

KC_Lee
11-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Locked up the White Tony Richardson!!! SWEET!!!!

CaliforniaChief
11-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Sherman does so much on offense. Great blocker, pass protection, good outlet, pretty good in space.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2014, 11:57 AM

But at least Dorsey knows that when he falls ass over tea kettle into a good player, he should try to keep him.LOL Actually, you couldn't be more wrong.

Hootie
11-05-2014, 11:59 AM

But at least Dorsey knows that when he falls ass over tea kettle into a good player, he should try to keep him.
Eat your crow, and move on

KCUnited
11-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Hell yes, one of my favorites. Dude brings it.

-King-
11-05-2014, 12:11 PM

They do do it for everyone. Reporters get the numbers from agents and the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 12:15 PM
LOL Actually, you couldn't be more wrong.

You've proven time and time again on this forum that you're incapable of understanding nuanced arguments.

Chiefs4TheWin
11-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Approve!

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Eat your crow, and move on
Anthony Sherman could outplay Tony Richardson for the next 10 years as the Chiefs FB and I'd still be right.

It was an irresponsible trade AT THE TIME.

BlackOp
11-05-2014, 12:18 PM
He is one of the most underrated moves by Dorsey...nice job!

Fire Me Boy!
11-05-2014, 12:27 PM
To the Sausage King of Kansas City! :cheers:

http://quixotando.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ferris_buellers_day_off_11.jpg

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Anthony Sherman could outplay Tony Richardson for the next 10 years as the Chiefs FB and I'd still be right.

The Chiefs have a solid player and gave up a jag.

End of discussion.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Remember when people were downright pissed that we traded for him LMAO

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 12:31 PM
The Chiefs have a solid player and gave up a jag.

End of discussion.

That's not my argument.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2014, 12:32 PM
You've proven time and time again on this forum that you're incapable of understanding nuanced arguments.

LOL Whatever. At least I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong.

O.city
11-05-2014, 12:32 PM
It's still wrong snr. You thought they were thin at cb. Apparently they didn't or thought they could easily make up for losing arenas

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2014, 12:33 PM
That's not my argument.

Doesn't matter. This is what we're left with.

Fuck the dumb stuff.

Mr. Laz
11-05-2014, 12:33 PM
:thumb:

warrior
11-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Good news

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Yeah I was hot over Arenas. I really liked the guy and thought he had some potential. Regardless of what he's doing anywhere else is not indicative of what he could be doing here. That said, it worked out incredibly well and I'm glad we got the guy extended.

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 12:43 PM
It's still wrong snr. You thought they were thin at cb. Apparently they didn't or thought they could easily make up for losing arenas

They WERE thin at CB. And Dorsey didn't believe that, otherwise he would have gone dumpster diving throughout minicamp and training camp for more CBs.

Training camp ended and he fell into Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker as much-needed depth. And it wasn't until we moved Flowers to nickel halfway through the season that we had a legit defender against the slot.

Arenas is a JAG, but we sure could have used a JAG instead of a brokedick in that playoff game.

Again, I'm granting that Dorsey's trade worked out tremendously. I like Anthony Sherman a lot, and I'm glad he's going to stick around KC for awhile.

Dorsey gambled and the Chiefs won.

Mr. Laz
11-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Yeah I was hot over Arenas. I really liked the guy and thought he had some potential. Regardless of what he's doing anywhere else is not indicative of what he could be doing here. That said, it worked out incredibly well and I'm glad we got the guy extended.
yep ... generally trading a CB for a FB is stupid, especially after we drafted one and signed one.

It worked out though so it's all good.

Mr. Laz
11-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride 3m3 minutes ago
Sherman's extension is 3 years, worth up to $7 million

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2014, 12:55 PM
It worked out though so it's all good.

Exactly. This is why I said fuck the dumb stuff.

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Exactly. This is why I said fuck the dumb stuff.

You said I was wrong.

I'm not.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2014, 01:00 PM
You said I was wrong.

I'm not.

LMAO Okay.

Hootie
11-05-2014, 01:03 PM
If SNR was the GM of the Chiefs we'd have to just nuke the whole fucking thing

jonzie04
11-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Fuck yes. Now bailey and houston before they get too many sacks. Especially bailey.

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 01:07 PM
LMAO Okay.

You: "SNR is wrong. Sherman rules."

Me: "That's not my argument."

You: "Your argument is dumb!"

Hootie
11-05-2014, 01:10 PM
New regimes get rid of players that don't fit all of the time - exactly what Dorsey did - eat your crow, move on =)

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2014, 01:10 PM
You said I was wrong.

I'm not.

Had Dorsey traded Arenas and not adequately replaced him, then you would be "right".

But the reality is that Dorsey thought so little of Arenas that he felt he could replace him on the roster with Sanders Commings or a player off the waiver wire, which is exactly what happened.

Arenas sucked ass. I'm not sure how anyone can even argue otherwise. He was a terrible second round acquisition and was further proof that Scott Pioli's reputation as a "Personnel Guru" and "Executive of the Year" was completely unearned.

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 01:12 PM
If SNR was the GM of the Chiefs we'd have to just nuke the whole fucking thing

I evaluate the Chiefs just as much as you do. Don't act like you're the happy-go-lucky fan while I'm Shawn fucking Zoebel trying to get a job with an NFL franchise.

Hootie
11-05-2014, 01:13 PM
I hear ya, buddy !

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 01:19 PM
Great to hear. This is a win for the Chiefs.

I can't tell you how upset I was that the Chiefs traded a starting-caliber CB for a fullback after having just drafted one in the 6th round.

Chalk yet another one up for Dorsey.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2014, 01:23 PM
I can't tell you how upset I was that the Chiefs traded a starting-caliber CB for a fullback after having just drafted one in the 6th round.

LMAO :facepalm:

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2014, 01:40 PM

Wha??? Starting caliber? Where? High school?

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Had Dorsey traded Arenas and not adequately replaced him, then you would be "right".

But the reality is that Dorsey thought so little of Arenas that he felt he could replace him on the roster with Sanders Commings or a player off the waiver wire, which is exactly what happened.

Arenas sucked ass. I'm not sure how anyone can even argue otherwise. He was a terrible second round acquisition and was further proof that Scott Pioli's reputation as a "Personnel Guru" and "Executive of the Year" was completely unearned.

If Arenas sucked ass, then call Dunta Robinson, Jalil Brown, and Vince Agnew Miles Davis!

Arenas was awful when he replaced Stanford Routt on the other side of the field. And as the nickel corner, he was just okay. He was depth. He was JAG. I wouldn't say he sucked ass given the awful CB play we've seen out of this team regardless of the GM or head coach at the time. Yes, he was absolutely an awful Pioli pick and it sucks that he was the 3rd best CB on the team just after the draft, but he still had a useful purpose that could have been served at the weakest position of depth on the team.

But Dorsey didn't go looking for upgrades once he ditched Arenas. It's pretty obvious that given his lack of roster movement from June-August, he made the trade not only because he found Arenas to be expendable but also because he had faith in Dunta Robinson and Jalil Brown. At the very least, he wanted to see if those guys could round out the CB depth by themselves. He didn't go dumpster diving like he did for Ryan Harris or McGlynn or Josh Mauga during 2014's training camp.

This trade wasn't as cool and calculated by Dorsey that everybody wants to make it out to be. I'm cool if he wants to ditch players like Arenas that he has no use for. But unless he was planning on making this a "holdover" year, where the roster development really takes off going into 2014 with a healthier amount of cap room, he still opened up a decent-sized hole in the roster. And given our woes at CB depth whenever Flowers was out, we didn't exactly find a replacement for JAGier Arenas until the next offseason.

Jimmya
11-05-2014, 01:47 PM
I really like Sherman...seems like one of those tough guys like Kelce.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2014, 01:52 PM
If Arenas sucked ass, then call Dunta Robinson, Jalil Brown, and Vince Agnew Miles Davis!

Yep, they all sucked, too.

But Dorsey didn't go looking for upgrades once he ditched Arenas. It's pretty obvious that given his lack of roster movement from June-August, he made the trade not only because he found Arenas to be expendable but also because he had faith in Dunta Robinson and Jalil Brown. At the very least, he wanted to see if those guys could round out the CB depth by themselves. He didn't go dumpster diving like he did for Ryan Harris or McGlynn or Josh Mauga during 2014's training camp.

This trade wasn't as cool and calculated by Dorsey that everybody wants to make it out to be. I'm cool if he wants to ditch players like Arenas that he has no use for. But unless he was planning on making this a "holdover" year, where the roster development really takes off going into 2014 with a healthier amount of cap room, he still opened up a decent-sized hole in the roster. And given our woes at CB depth whenever Flowers was out, we didn't exactly find a replacement for JAGier Arenas until the next offseason.

Dorsey was certainly confident enough in his ability to be able to find a player to replace Arenas. It's fairly clear that Dorsey and his staff also watched every single 2013 preseason game and evaluated each and every cornerback because Cooper was snagged immediately, with Parker shortly thereafter.

Dorsey is a scout at heart and I have a hard time believing that he got "lucky", especially considering all of the other guys he claimed off the waiver wire that contributed to the 2013 season.

His trade of Rishaw Johnson for Kelcie McCray also worked in his favor, as Johnson was cut and McCray remains as a contributor.

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Dorsey is a scout at heart and I have a hard time believing that he got "lucky", especially considering all of the other guys he claimed off the waiver wire that contributed to the 2013 season.

His trade of Rishaw Johnson for Kelcie McCray also worked in his favor, as Johnson was cut and McCray remains as a contributor.

Is there any other GM in the league that has as much success with garbage from other teams as Dorsey does? And it's not just him taking leftovers and putting them on the field because we're desperate. Pioli did that too, except his players all sucked ass. Most of the time Dorsey's guys are adequate and do what we need of them. The only one I can say that's not true of is Mike McGlynn, and that's only because he's underperforming as a starter. It'd be a different situation if he were depth.

He's practically got a better track record in his waiver wire/afterthought pickups than he does with his free agent signings. That's just a very bizarre track record that I don't see out of other GMs.

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Wha??? Starting caliber? Where? High school?

Oh how quickly we forget that Stanford Routt was injured for much of 2012 and Arenas showed some promise starting on the outside that year.

thabear04
11-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Its been a long time since we had a great FB. I was mad when they let Tony Richardson go and he played for the Vikings.

thabear04
11-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Yep, they all sucked, too.

Dorsey was certainly confident enough in his ability to be able to find a player to replace Arenas. It's fairly clear that Dorsey and his staff also watched every single 2013 preseason game and evaluated each and every cornerback because Cooper was snagged immediately, with Parker shortly thereafter.

And now Johnson with the Cowboys now.

Bowser
11-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Stanford Routt. Lol

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Oh how quickly we forget that Stanford Routt was injured for much of 2012 and Arenas showed some promise starting on the outside that year.

Stanford Routt was axed, dawg. Not injured.

Bowser
11-05-2014, 02:35 PM

Yep. Landed with the Texans and in the playoffs that year, iirc.

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 02:39 PM

MY POINT STANDS

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Seriously, there was not a single person on this site making the argument that this was a sensible trade at the time.

Javier Arenas showed promise as a corner, and we JUST drafted a FB in the 6th round of the draft.

Trading a guy who has experience playing a very important position, with some promise to be quite good at it, over a player with zero positional importance when we didn't even have a hole at that position, was risking a very bad precedent. When you pull off a trade that potentially poor, you risk ruining the opportunity to trade with other teams.

But Dorsey unquestionably pulled it off. Sherman has been outstanding, and arguably the best FB the league has since he's been a Chief.

Dorsey also won the Baldwin-for-Jenkins trade, and the Johnson-for-McCray trade. Guy has just an outstanding record so far.

The only trade that's questionable at this point is two 2nds for Alex Smith. And I think you can argue we got the better of that deal.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2014, 02:42 PM

LMAO

Arenas was garbage. That secondary was giving up big plays and points like they were Christmas presents.

This is Arenas' fifth year in the NFL and all he's proven is that he sucks in the order of William Bartee.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Is there any other GM in the league that has as much success with garbage from other teams as Dorsey does? And it's not just him taking leftovers and putting them on the field because we're desperate. Pioli did that too, except his players all sucked ass. Most of the time Dorsey's guys are adequate and do what we need of them. The only one I can say that's not true of is Mike McGlynn, and that's only because he's underperforming as a starter. It'd be a different situation if he were depth.

He's practically got a better track record in his waiver wire/afterthought pickups than he does with his free agent signings. That's just a very bizarre track record that I don't see out of other GMs.

Dorsey has been amazing, IMO. What he accomplished last year should have earned him executive of the year.

John Schnieder in Seattle, who worked with Dorsey in Green Bay, has a similar ability. From undrafted college free agents like Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin to fleecing the Bills with a 4th rounder for Marshawn Lynch to late round stars like Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

I really believe that this roster will be amongst the best in the NFL by 2016, if not the best because IMO, Dorsey is just that good.

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 02:53 PM
LMAO

Arenas was garbage. That secondary was giving up big plays and points like they were Christmas presents.

This is Arenas' fifth year in the NFL and all he's proven is that he sucks in the order of William Bartee.

That's super easy to say now, Captain Hindsight.

At the time, he showed promise as a starter and looked good in the nickel.

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Dorsey has been amazing, IMO. What he accomplished last year should have earned him executive of the year.

John Schnieder in Seattle, who worked with Dorsey in Green Bay, has a similar ability. From undrafted college free agents like Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin to fleecing the Bills with a 4th rounder for Marshawn Lynch to late round stars like Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor.

I really believe that this roster will be amongst the best in the NFL by 2016, if not the best because IMO, Dorsey is just that good.

The way this roster is shaping up, so long as the Chiefs find a way to retain Houston, Hudson, and Bailey, and draft very well, finding Alex one more WR to play with, and figure out the Hali/Dee Ford riddle, there's no reason we can't be Super Bowl competitive in 2015.

Gonzo
11-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Awesome news there. He's a leader in the locker room and the best FB we've had around here since Richardson.

Frosty
11-05-2014, 03:05 PM

Hopefully Dorsey doesn't pull a "trade a first for Harvin and give him a huge contract so that you can't afford your best WR, and then cut him the next season" trade.

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Hopefully Dorsey doesn't pull a "trade a first for Harvin and give him a huge contract so that you can't afford your best WR, and then cut him the next season" trade.

As soon as Bowe starts accusing Alex Smith of not being black enough, he's out of here.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Well, at least he didn't go hard after DeSean Jackson, so there is that.

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Well, at least he didn't go hard after DeSean Jackson, so there is that.

Dude, Jackson would wreck in this offense.

Jackson and his agent are such impossible assholes in contracts, though.

Red Dawg
11-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Sherman tank baby.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Dude, Jackson would wreck in this offense.

Jackson and his agent are such impossible assholes in contracts, though.
Jackson would be great in virtually any offense but contract, and especially character, rule him out of most locker rooms.

Mr. Laz
11-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Brandin Cooks :(

O.city
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Apparently he's a wacko, but Harvin would destroy in this offense. Hopefully that's the vision they have for DAT.

Be nice if the Eagles let Maclin go.

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM

EMMANUEL SANDERS

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Apparently he's a wacko, but Harvin would destroy in this offense. Hopefully that's the vision they have for DAT.

Be nice if the Eagles let Maclin go.

I would have adored the Chiefs take a chance on Harvin, but that probably would have meant sacrificing all their rollover cap to this upcoming offseason, when the Chiefs need every penny for Houston, Hudson, and Bailey.

O.city
EMMANUEL SANDERS

Sad

Willie Lanier
I like the nickname someone posted.. Sausage ftw

Hootie
11-05-2014, 03:35 PM
God. The Emmanuel Sanders botched signing will haunt my dreams

Hootie
11-05-2014, 03:36 PM
(and I realize he has inflated numbers due to being in Denver but after taking significant interest in him as he is on every single one of my fantasy teams I truly think he is the most talented receiver on Denver and one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL. He has everything. Incredible hands, speed and route running abilities...and he's a gamer.)

What a steal for Denver.

Marcellus
11-05-2014, 04:11 PM

No it wasn't. We haven't missed Arenas one iota since he left. You are making shit up.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-05-2014, 04:29 PM

No it was not

Pasta Little Brioni
11-05-2014, 04:30 PM
God. The Emmanuel Sanders botched signing will haunt my dreams

Chiefs weren't getting him. We got played so he could get more under the table cash in Denver. Chiefs were pawns.

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 05:45 PM
No it wasn't. We haven't missed Arenas one iota since he left. You are making shit up.

Are you an idiot?

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 05:46 PM
No it was not

Yes it was

ModSocks
11-05-2014, 05:47 PM
(and I realize he has inflated numbers due to being in Denver but after taking significant interest in him as he is on every single one of my fantasy teams I truly think he is the most talented receiver on Denver and one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL. He has everything. Incredible hands, speed and route running abilities...and he's a gamer.)

What a steal for Denver.

I agree.

And they got him for cheap too.

ModSocks
11-05-2014, 05:49 PM

#1 on my wishlist followed by Clinton-Dix.

But they weren't there when it was the Chiefs turn.

What can ya do....

ThaVirus
11-05-2014, 05:53 PM

What a steal for Denver.

I loved Emmanuel Sanders when he was the #3 in Pittsburgh but this is absurd. Demaryius Thomas is more talented.

Direckshun
11-05-2014, 05:55 PM

What can ya do....

Cooks, Clinton-Dix, AND Manziel went 1-2-3 right before the Chiefs selection.

How fucking unlucky can you get.

-King-
11-05-2014, 05:56 PM

What a steal for Denver.

Stop. You're drunk. He's not even a top 10 WR. He has more yards this year already than he's ever had in his career. He's a very good #2 receiver, but this year is 90% Peyton Manning.

Coochie liquor
11-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Lock em up like a dread

Hootie
Stop. You're drunk. He's not even a top 10 WR. He has more yards this year already than he's ever had in his career. He's a very good #2 receiver, but this year is 90% Peyton Manning.
Do you watch the games? Demaryius is the bigger name, Emmanuel is a better receiver. He does EVERYTHING better than DT. Everything. Better hands, better routes.

ModSocks
I loved Emmanuel Sanders when he was the #3 in Pittsburgh but this is absurd. Demaryius Thomas is more talented.

Have you guys watched him this season?

The dude is FAST, runs crisp routes and catches everything thrown his way.

Deberg_1990
Luv me sum Sausage!

-King-
11-05-2014, 06:03 PM

Yeah. And Decker had a 1,300 yard receiving season last year. I guess he's a top 10 WR too.

Are you people insane? So if Sanders is legitimately a 1,400 yard receiver, why is it before hooking up with Manning he had 740 yards last year?

Deberg_1990
11-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Manning 'made' guys like Piere Garcon and Austin Collie too

ThaVirus
11-05-2014, 06:04 PM

I've watched. I watched in Pitt as well.

Demaryius Thomas is more talented. People knew D Thomas was a fucking beast when Tim Tebow was throwing to him. Sanders just looked pretty good with Ben Roethlisberger throwing to him.

It's the Peyton Manning effect for Sanders this year. I can't believe Hootie of all people would argue otherwise.

-King-
11-05-2014, 06:05 PM

Garcon outside of Manning has had 1000 yard seasons. Sanders outside of Manning had 500-700 yard seasons. Do you see a difference?

Hootie
11-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Watch a game, then get back to me

Hootie
11-05-2014, 06:08 PM
And, lmfao, how many great seasons did DT have before Peyton Manning you fucking hypocrites

ThaVirus
11-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Oh, God. It's Hootie's infamous eye test.

The one that said Russell Wilson was the best QB in the league.

Hootie
11-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Oh, God. It's Hootie's infamous eye test.

The one that said Russell Wilson was the best QB in the league.
I said that before he won a Super Bowl

ThaVirus
He had Tim Tebow throwing to him, dude. That guy completed less than 50% of his passes.

.. And people still knew he'd be a fucking beast.

-King-
Watch a game, then get back to me

I have. DT is and has been the better receiver. But hey, it's just a coincidence that Sanders went from 700 yards to being on pace for 1400 yards. Just a coincidence. He just didn't want to get 1400 yards these past years before playing with Peyton.

Chiefs=Champions
11-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Have you even watched a game!? Because your argument is different to my own. The only reason you could possibly come to such a conclusion, is because you haven't watched a game! Have you even watched him play?!?

-King-
11-05-2014, 06:10 PM
And, lmfao, how many great seasons did DT have before Peyton Manning you fucking hypocrites

Hmmmm... Tim Tebow throwing to you vs. Ben Roethlisberger throwing to you.

Same thing. Valid point. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
11-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Sanders would have been lucky to get 700 yards if he had played for the Chiefs.

ThaVirus
11-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Who was I arguing with about Reggie Wayne being a HOFer?

Eric Decker just put up two seasons with Peyton that were comparable to any two that you could choose from Reggie Wayne's 46 year career.

That guy is not a fucking Hall of Famer. He had the luxury of playing with Peyton Manning and then Curtis Painter for his entire career.

ThaVirus
11-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Who was I arguing with about Reggie Wayne being a HOFer?

Eric Decker just put up two seasons with Peyton that were comparable to any two that you could choose from Reggie Wayne's 46 year career.

That guy is not a fucking Hall of Famer. He had the luxury of playing with Peyton Manning and then Curtis Painter for his entire career.

The point of this post is to highlight the Peyton Manning effect.

Bowe would be a 1,400 yard 12 TD guy with Peyton Manning. Possibly a 1,600 yard 16 TD guy in his prime.

-King-
11-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Sanders would have been lucky to get 700 yards if he had played for the Chiefs.

Nah. He's a top 5 WR. He would have had 1200 yards and 10 TDs.

I was one of the people most excited in bringing him in too. But calling him a top anything WR is nuts. He's a good #2 and it would have been great to have him. But with any other QB in the league, he has 300-400 yards right now.

Deberg_1990
11-05-2014, 06:16 PM

I was one of the people most excited in bringing him in too. But calling him a top anything WR is nuts. He's a good #2 and it would have been great to have him. But with any other QB in the league, he has 300-400 yards right now.

Agreed. Manning just attempts a ton of throws.

I think last week he had 50 attempts.

penchief
11-05-2014, 06:39 PM
It seems to me that anyone arguing that this was a terrible trade "at the time" and that Dorsey got lucky with Sherman would be suggesting that Dorsey and Reid didn't know what they had in Arenas or what they were getting in Sherman.

Based on Dorsey's track record so far, I don't buy that argument. I think Dorsey and Reid knew exactly what they had in Arenas and exactly what they thought Sherman could bring to the team. Good trade at the time that has proven the naysayers wrong, IMHO.

OldSchool
11-05-2014, 06:47 PM
It seems to me that anyone arguing that this was a terrible trade "at the time" and that Dorsey got lucky with Sherman would be suggesting that Dorsey and Reid didn't know what they had in Arenas or what they were getting in Sherman.

Based on Dorsey's track record so far, I don't buy that argument. I think Dorsey and Reid knew exactly what they had in Arenas and exactly what they thought Sherman could bring to the team. Good trade at the time that has proven the naysayers wrong, IMHO.

People were more annoyed by the fact that they traded for one and spent a draft pick on one. Could have used that wasted draft pick on another position.

OldSchool
11-05-2014, 06:50 PM

He didn't make Pierre Garcon at all. Garcon actually got better without Manning. Best season as a Colt was when Manning went down for the season. Best season in his career was as a Redskin.

penchief
11-05-2014, 06:50 PM
People were more annoyed by the fact that they traded for one and spent a draft pick on one. Could have used that wasted draft pick on another position.

Valid point but maybe Sherman wasn't available in a trade at the time they drafted Braden Whathisname. Maybe it was a spur of the moment thing that they didn't feel they could pass up.

RealSNR
11-05-2014, 07:01 PM

Of course they knew who Sherman was. That's not the issue.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2014, 07:07 PM

Wasted draft pick?

LMAO

It was #204 overall and taken just a few spots before Catapano.

The wasted draft pick was pick #50 overall in 2010.

penchief
11-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Of course they knew who Sherman was. That's not the issue.

It's an issue if you are going to say Dorsey "fell ass over tea kettle into a good player." If Dorsey and Reid knew who they were getting then how can it be said that they got lucky in the trade?

Sounds more like they made a trade for a damn good player who fit their vision while trading away a player they didn't see much of a role for. It was obviously a good trade at the time because that was when it happened.

Just because a lot of somewhat knowledgeable fans "at the time" disapproved doesn't mean it was a bad trade "at the time." It just means those fans were wrong "at the time."

Mr. Laz
11-05-2014, 08:32 PM

What can ya do....

Trade up like the Saints did .....

Shaid
11-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Love the guy.

vailpass
11-05-2014, 08:55 PM
What's a full back?

Big Poppa Payne
11-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Remember when people were downright pissed that we traded for him LMAO

He seems nice

Direckshun
11-06-2014, 05:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/8732/wise-move-by-chiefs-to-retain-fullback-sherman

Wise move by Chiefs to retain fullback Anthony Sherman
By Adam Teicher | ESPN.com
November, 5, 2014

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs are unusual in the modern NFL when it comes to their attitude about their fullback. They utilize one more than most teams, and when they get one they like, they try to hang on to him.

That’s why the Chiefs extended the contract of fullback Anthony Sherman Wednesday. Sherman, who was acquired for cornerback Javier Arenas in a trade with the Arizona Cardinals last year, had been in the final year of his deal.

“There aren’t a lot of them out there right now," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said, referring to fullbacks. “In college football, not a lot of teams use fullbacks."

The Chiefs do, more than the average NFL team. They’ll give the ball to Sherman on occasion. He scored a touchdown on an 11-yard pass from quarterback Alex Smith in last month’s three-point win over the Chargers in San Diego. He is also one of the Chiefs’ better special-teams players.

Mostly, he’s a blocker, which he does well enough that Sherman has been the top-rated fullback by Pro Football Focus this season and last.

“We isolate him a lot on blocks and he wins for us consistently," Smith said.

It made sense for the Chiefs to continue to whittle away at their list of potential free agents. They signed Smith, who was in the final year of his contract, to an extension shortly before the start of the regular season.

“I definitely wanted to stay here," Sherman said. “I want to be a part of this team. We’re going to do some good things. I want to stay in Kansas City. It’s definitely good to get out of the way."

Hootie
11-06-2014, 11:17 AM
I have. DT is and has been the better receiver. But hey, it's just a coincidence that Sanders went from 700 yards to being on pace for 1400 yards. Just a coincidence. He just didn't want to get 1400 yards these past years before playing with Peyton.

How?

He drops passes, runs worse routes...and literally plays like a speed receiver as a huge guy.

He's good.

Emmanuel Sanders is great.

He drops NOTHING. He runs AMAZING routes. I bet his target to reception rate is much higher than DT, too.

This is typical "DT is the bigger name so he's got to be the better receiver!" bullshit.

I have nothing attached to this race...if I thought DT was better, I'd say it. However, I don't think that...I've been nothing but amazed by Emmanuel this year. He's insanely good.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 11:17 AM

I, clearly, know way more about football than you.

Hypocrite.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 11:19 AM
54 on 87 DT
57 on 76 Emmanuel

I knew it, too.

Emmanuel is better, more efficient, AND DROPS A HELL OF A LOT LESS PASSES.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 11:20 AM
and, again, wtf do you know?! Demaryius leads the league!

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Jesus.

This was too easy.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 11:21 AM
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

Please note:

NO EMMANUEL SANDERS

Dude is literally a top 5 WR but since he's not a big name and wasn't a 1st round pick people just naturally assume Demaryius Thomas is elite, and a top 5 WR ... when, the stone cold fact is, he's the 2nd best receiver on his team. And honestly, it's not even that close.

DT is good. He's an NFL #1. He's just not Emmanuel Sanders good.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 11:24 AM
I have huge betting / fantasy interests in Denver so I literally watch just about ever game

I overdrafted Emmanuel in every league so I watch him intensely

he's amazing

O.city
11-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Sanders is just built for that offense.

ModSocks
11-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Sanders is just built for that offense.

Sanders is built for any offense.

The NFL and its fans are just infatuated with big, physical freakish specimens.

I prefer receivers like Sanders. Guys that have the quicks to get open within a few seconds.

ModSocks
11-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Also, Thomas' bread and butter is that stupid WR screen that they throw to him ALL the goddamn time.

Easy 6
11-06-2014, 12:07 PM

I prefer receivers like Sanders. Guys that have the quicks to get open within a few seconds.

Agreed, I usually prefer those guys around 6 foot or under that are able to get in and out of their cuts much quicker due to their lower center of gravity... thats what Smith wants anyway, not one of those guys thats "open even when he's covered".

Smith prefers a little bit of separation.

Not that you dont need a big body or two in the receiver corp, but still.

RunKC
11-06-2014, 12:12 PM

What are the 2015 free agent and draft options for these kind of players?

Hootie
11-06-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm super infatuated with guys like Sanders and Jordy Nelson, for somewhat different reasons...

I've seen Sanders make about 5 WOW catches this year from Peyton. That dude NEVER drops anything. It's unbelievable.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2014, 12:44 PM

agreed

give me the guys that create separation with each cut

a good OC can make those guys produce big

O.city
11-06-2014, 12:50 PM
They went big with wrs when defenses were able to be physical. Now, give me the quick.

RealSNR
11-06-2014, 12:51 PM
They went big with wrs when denser were able to be physical. Now, give me the quick.

I love how your typos sometimes make it impossible to understand WTF you're saying LMAO

O.city
11-06-2014, 12:52 PM
I love how your typos sometimes make it impossible to understand WTF you're saying LMAO

I'm on my phone. Auto correct is dumb

ThaVirus
11-06-2014, 01:25 PM
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

Please note:

NO EMMANUEL SANDERS

Dude is literally a top 5 WR but since he's not a big name and wasn't a 1st round pick people just naturally assume Demaryius Thomas is elite, and a top 5 WR ... when, the stone cold fact is, he's the 2nd best receiver on his team. And honestly, it's not even that close.

DT is good. He's an NFL #1. He's just not Emmanuel Sanders good.

Dude, get off that.

That doesn't mean much. Antonio Brown is on that list. He and Emmanuel Sanders are basically the same guy, except Brown is TWICE as good. Brown is so fucking nasty it doesn't make any sense. I'd take him over Sanders 10/10 and so would any GM in the league.

beach tribe
11-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Damn Dorsey looks like the Real Deal.

Loving what he has done in his time here.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Brown is awesome, no doubt. Probably best receiver in the NFL including Calvin Johnson

Hootie
11-06-2014, 02:19 PM
And I don't think drops mean a whole lot ... but DT drops a pass about once every game. And I watch since Emmanuel was my fantasy reach this year. I have yet to see Emmanuel drop a pass. So when comparing the two, it most certainly matters

ThaVirus
11-06-2014, 02:33 PM
And I don't think drops mean a whole lot ... but DT drops a pass about once every game. And I watch since Emmanuel was my fantasy reach this year. I have yet to see Emmanuel drop a pass. So when comparing the two, it most certainly matters

Fair enough.

It also depends on what you mean by "more talented". AJ Jenkins is probably more talented than Donnie Avery but Avery is, and has been, clearly the better receiver thus far.

I'd say Dem Thomas is more talented because he's got a lot of things that Sanders could never have/be taught. You can't teach the kind of speed Demaryius has at his size. He's bigger, stronger and faster than Sanders. Sanders is quicker and has better hands.

ThaVirus
11-06-2014, 02:34 PM
I drafted Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant early. Took a flyer on Emmanuel Sanders and Jeremy Maclin in later rounds.

LMAO Go figure.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 02:56 PM
I traded Maclin for Spiller after two weeks !!!

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Brown is awesome, no doubt. Probably best receiver in the NFL including Calvin Johnson

No. Green is better than Brown.

ThaVirus
11-06-2014, 03:10 PM
No. Green is better than Brown.

Not a fucking chance.

ThaVirus
11-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Julio and Dez are both better than AJ anyway. Possibly Brandon Marshall too.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 03:37 PM
It's all pretty subjective

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Not a fucking chance.

LMAO Okay

-King-
11-06-2014, 04:13 PM
54 on 87 DT
57 on 76 Emmanuel

I knew it, too.

Emmanuel is better, more efficient, AND DROPS A HELL OF A LOT LESS PASSES.

An average season for both Sanders and Thomas:

Thomas: 59 receptions 918 yards 7 touchdowns and 15.6 yards per reception
Sanders: 43 receptions 563 yards 3 touchdowns and 12.9 yards per receptions

Yep, you're totally right. Other than Thomas averaging 400 more yards, 4 more touchdowns etc, Sanders is totally the best WR.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Look at the numbers, Virus. They're pretty close.

Green has Dalton and Brown has Ben.

Of course, Green has missed some time this season.

-King-
11-06-2014, 04:15 PM
And before you use the HE PLAYED WITH MANNING FOR THE PAST TWO SEASONS argument, remember that he also played with Tebow his first two years. Sanders has had a hall of famer throwing to him literally his whole career.

Hootie
11-06-2014, 04:19 PM
And before you use the HE PLAYED WITH MANNING FOR THE PAST TWO SEASONS argument, remember that he also played with Tebow his first two years. Sanders has had a hall of famer throwing to him literally his whole career.
So one cannot develop as a receiver? They are at their ceiling the minute they step into the NFL?

-King-
11-06-2014, 04:24 PM
So one cannot develop as a receiver? They are at their ceiling the minute they step into the NFL?

Sure they can, but when you match your highest season output in only 8 games, it's not you developing as a wide receiver. It's you playing with what hootie calls the best QB ever.

I mean, how come you aren't calling Eric Decker a top 10 WR also? Statistically last year through 8 games he had the same number of TDs and about 100 less yards than Sanders has now. If Sanders is top 5, Decker should be top 10.

-King-
11-06-2014, 04:30 PM
I mean... right now Thomas has 109 more yards than Sanders, 2 more TDs, and averages about 3 more yards per catch. What the fuck is the argument here?

ThaVirus
11-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Look at the numbers, Virus. They're pretty close.

Green has Dalton and Brown has Ben.

Of course, Green has missed some time this season.

Yeah, as Hootie said its all pretty subjective.

Green is obviously really good, as is Brown. I've just never been a fan of Green. I feel like he just runs go routes. It's impressive that he appears to be so one-dimensional and still so lethal, but I'd prefer a guy that could do it all. That's why I'd take a Dez Bryant or Julio Jones over him any day.

Still, I think Antonio Brown is playing better than any receiver in the league right now.