PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's talk about the Seahawks.

Pages : [1] 2

Direckshun
11-10-2014, 10:28 AM
We are so close, and yet so very, very far. It's hard to think that the Chiefs still have mountains to climb, seeing as we're the #1 Wild Card team right now, but keep this in mind: We've only won 6 games, and Of the remaining 7 games on the schedule, five of them are murderer's row.
So that means, for the Chiefs to even have a fair chance at a playoff spot (9 wins), they need to win ONE of those immensely difficult games. In order to have an excellent chance at a playoff spot (10 wins), they'll need to win TWO.

Of those five games, few are more daunting than the game we have lined up this week at home against the Seattle Seahawks.

We know they are insanely talented on both offense and defense. But the biggest reason this is going to be a very difficult game: they just beat the Giants by rushing for 350 yards.

yards.

rushing.

That is an actual thing that happened. Now factor in the fact that the Chiefs (a.) like to go into subpackages three-quarters of the game and (b.) are generally a lousy team against the run, and it's clear that this week is an uphill battle.

At least it's at home.

The heart and soul of everything the Seahawks do is Russell Wilson. There are few non-AFCW QBs we know better than Wilson on ChiefsPlanet. We know he's super athletic. He's extremely smart. He's tough and unshakeable. And he's got a fantastic arm that is very accurate. Wilson, however, is also extremely difficult to get to -- his OL is pedestrian, but his movement in the pocket is ballet-like, he always keeps his feet moving and can elude pressure better than every other QB in the league. He is the best in the NFL at eluding pressure. There is nobody better.

We're also familiar, are we not, with Mr. Marshawn Lynch. The Chiefs need to start Vickerson on the DL, and play Mays at ILB, because if we don't, Seahawks' OL and Lynch himself will chew us the **** up. I honestly don't know how we stop the Seahawks run game, but that's why I keep you guys around, right? The Seahawks have really good RBs in backup roles. Robert Turbin is basically a poor man's Marshawn Lynch himself, and Christine Michael is a terrific athlete. The run game is monstrous, and it's everything Seattle does brilliantly.

At WR, they are mercifully less imposing. They've released Percy Harvin, but they've got four good B-listers in Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Paul Richardson, and Ricardo Lockette. None of these guys is "take over the game" great. But all of them are shifty route runners, and Wilson's movement in the pocket always buys them time. Zach Miller is another B-lister talent at TE, another guy who will make you pay on a few downs if you aren't on top of him.

The offensive line is strong on the left side. Russell Okung is an excellent LT when he's healthy, and James Carpenter is a former 1st rounder who's found a good home at guard. Max Unger is a tough center. I'm not crazy about their talent on the right side of the line: JR Sweazy and Justin Britt have been beat like drums a few times this year. Britt himself is a rookie at right tackle. Many Mizzou fans here know him very well, and he gets to line up for 60 snaps across from Justin ****ing Houston.

So that is an imposing offense that provides many riddles for the Chiefs defense.

As for the Chiefs offense, most notably, the Chiefs offensive line, well the hits just keep on coming.

After wrestling with the Rams, Jets, and Bills defensive lines, now they get a Super Bowl winning defensive line that ONCE AGAIN creates an unfair amount of pressure. Welcome to the NFL.

It's not quite what it was with Gus Bradley running the show, but it's pretty ****ing close. Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril with Bruce Irvin at OLB is as lethal a set of edgerushers as the Chiefs will face all year. The first two in particular are capable of putting up multi-sack games, and Irvin is capable of being a terror off the edge. Up the gut, Brandon Mebane has been a revelation over the past several years, and while he's a step down from Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams (thank the lord), he's still a block of granite on running downs. They also start Tony McDaniel, who does a solid job, and they have Kevin Williams backing them up at DT -- yes, the Kevin Williams you're thinking of.

It gets worse, because the second level of the defense is very stout as well. I've already mentioned Irvin, but K.J. Wright and Malcolm Smith came up huge in the Super Bowl (Smith won MVP). Bobby Wagner at MLB is a reliable player as well.

And of course, the Seahawks have the NFL's best secondary. I hope you guys all had fun watching Bowe this week, because he's gone this week. Richard Sherman is a Top Three corner, and specializes on large, physical WRs like Bowe. You can bet that Sherman will read those back-shoulder throws and make Alex Smith pay if he tries that shit on him.

The good news is the rest of the CBs on Seahawks roster can be passed on, SO IT WOULD BE REALLY AWESOME IF DONNIE AVERY MAGICALLY HEALED THIS WEEK. Byron Maxwell, Tharold Simon, Marcus Burley... these are not people the Chiefs need to gameplan around.

Of course, the reason the Seahawks have the best secondary in the league is because they have the best safety duo in the NFL. Kam Chancellor is a 230 lbs punishing strong safety, and while he isn't a world beater in coverage, he can blow up run games. And Earl Thomas is the best safety in the NFL -- he's an elite, 4.3 speed deep single high safety who takes away the deep game. Not that he needs it against Alex Smith.

It is crazy how far this Chiefs team has come. But there is no doubt that it has a long, long way to go. This Seahawks game is going to be as stiff as challenges get.

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Definitely agree about Vickerson, he's a hoss against the run, great pickup he was.

Bowe, yeah, Shermans gonna be on him like *pick a euphemism" Bowe will be wearing him like a cape, unless Reid moves him around a lot he'll be spending his day blocking.

RunKC
11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
They aren't that talented on offense. Their WR's are as poverty as ours. Their TE's have been a massive disappointment and they don't have speed anymore.

All they have left is Wilson and beast mode. Stop beast mode and we win.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 10:39 AM
The heart of the Seahawks is not Wilson, it's Lynch. Always has been. Stop Lynch and you can beat them fairly easily as long as you stay disciplined in coverage and in your rush lanes.

Wilson threw 2 INTs against the Giants and fumbled as well. Lynch put that team on his back. Even the Seahawks fans agree that Lynch is their best offensive player and the heart of that offense.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 10:41 AM
They aren't that talented on offense. Their WR's are as poverty as ours. Their TE's have been a massive disappointment and they don't have speed anymore.

All they have left is Wilson and beast mode. Stop beast mode and we win.

They still have plenty of speed.

Baldwin is one of the best slot guys in the league.

Paul Richardson is a rookie but he has great speed.

Their TE Luke Wilson is a 4.5 guy, he is faster than Kelce.

Their main weakness is their OL. I expect Houston and Hali to have a big day. Same with Poe.

DaKCMan AP
11-10-2014, 10:41 AM
If the front 7 plays like it did against Buffalo (5.0 ypc) we have no chance. Stop the run and we can win.

mcaj22
11-10-2014, 10:42 AM
The heart of the Seahawks is not Wilson, it's Lynch. Always has been. Stop Lynch and you can beat them fairly easily as long as you stay disciplined in coverage and in your rush lanes.

Wilson threw 2 INTs against the Giants and fumbled as well. Lynch put that team on his back. Even the Seahawks fans agree that Lynch is their best offensive player and the heart of that offense.

I cant believe you think this.

Sorter
11-10-2014, 10:42 AM
You should ask Sully to do a nice post on the Seahawks C3.

Frosty
11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Seahawks have a ton of injuries on defense. Mebane got hurt yesterday and Wagner and Chancellor have been out for a while (unsure if they will be back next week).

Carpenter has been out on the line, though they got Okung and Unger back yesterday. Zach Miller has been out all season and they may have lost their 2nd TE, Willson, yesterday. TE could be down to third string Helfet and newly signed Moeaki.

O.city
11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Mebane got hurt this week iirc

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Their team is nowhere near as good on the road as they are at home, and they're not any more dominant than some of the teams that we've already played.

ptlyon
11-10-2014, 10:45 AM
The only thing you need to know about the Seahawks is that they are going to kick our ass

Frosty
11-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Also, the Seahawks have had a hard time getting pressure on the QB this year, at least compared to last year. They also aren't very good against the run, especially on the road. The thing I worry about most is stopping Wilson's runs. He tore the Giants up yesterday.

Direckshun
11-10-2014, 10:48 AM
You should ask Sully to do a nice post on the Seahawks C3.

Great thought.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 10:54 AM
I cant believe you think this.

You don't have to take my word for it. This is coming from their own fans:

I was saying this to my wife yesterday. Lynch was the catalyst for changing this franchise and turning our fortunes around. All he's done since he came here is give 100% every single game, behind shitty O-lines and with shitty playcalling, he's still out there giving his all. He's been a consummate professional in all aspects, and I think he deserves some more money, and we need to keep him here. We may lost a Kearse or a Lockette, maybe even an Okung or a Carpenter, but Lynch to me is still the face of this franchise, he represents the hard-nosed attitude that got us to and won us the SB last year.

In the words of John Malkovich's mesmerising 'Teddy KGB' from 'Rounders':

Pay heem. Pay theat meann his manney.

Without him we lose this game.

This team is almost incredibly spoiled given a possession inside 10 is almost assuredly a touchdown so long as Lynch gets the ball a few times. Watch the rest of the NFL to see that possessions inside the 10 are not always immediately a TD.

I think he has proven that whatever his contract, he is likely outperforming it.

What a game by him.

It's absolutely ludicrous that the media thinks we're cutting Lynch in the offseason. Pay the man, I would extend him another 2 years.

Yep. Keep him. Most important player on the offense by far.

Agreed. Extend him. He is the heart and soul of our offense.

I don't think we can afford not to bring him back at this point. Pay him whatever he wants. Let him skip training camp. I don't care. Our offense is nothing without him.

Amen. This team is nothing without him. I don't care what he does in practice or whatever. He is the MAN when it counts. Extend him now. If there is one player we should hold on to for too long it is him

MVP in team history.

There is no way you can ignore the OL like the Hawks have and expect another runner to keep this team competitive.

There is no other player like him out there. How do you replace this guy?

ModSocks
11-10-2014, 10:56 AM
I was far more worried about this game a few weeks ago.

Hali and Houston are going to have to tame themselves and prepare for the read option, which obviously hampers our pass rush. IIRC, Hali has been pretty good at defending the read option the few times it was run against us in the past.

Lynch is obviously worrisome. Not sure how we're gonna tackle that guy.

Chiefs are gonna have to play keep away again.

And im honestly not all that worried about the Bowe/Sherman matchup.

O.city
11-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Previously bowe was eaten up by good corners. Look at his games this year against good corners.

He's absolutely playing at a high level this year and I don't think they need to let him walk this year.

Big Poppa Payne
11-10-2014, 10:59 AM
The only thing you need to know about the Seahawks is that they are going to kick our ass

I feel like if we score more points than them we will win :p

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 11:00 AM
And im honestly not all that worried about the Bowe/Sherman matchup.

Why not?

Bowe cant outrun him and he cant outphysical him... Sherman seems like the perfect corner for a guy like Bowe IMO.

Mav
11-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Why not?

Bowe cant outrun him and he cant outphysical him... Sherman seems like the perfect corner for a guy like Bowe IMO.

they move bowe around a lot, and Sherman doesn't move.

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 11:02 AM

Thats definitely our best bet.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Why not?

Agreed, Sherman is going to be on Bowe all day long. I have a feeling that this is the game where Kelce and DAT really break out.

The only concern with Kelce is that Seattle has some of the best coverage LBs in the league and if Chancellor is playing, can Kelce take the hits or can Smith help him avoid taking them?

Mebane may be out of this one, he injured his hammy last week, so I fully expect Reid to run it down their throats as they will be missing their best run stuffer up front.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 11:04 AM

You haven't seen the Seahawks enough this year then. Sherman has been following the true #1 receivers for much of the year. Go catch the Dallas game, he was matched up against Bryant pretty much all game no matter where Bryant lined up.

I fully expect Sherman to follow Bowe around or be matched up against Kelce on some occasions as they are our only real threats in the passing game.

Fritz88
11-10-2014, 11:06 AM
We suck against the run.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
11-10-2014, 11:09 AM

Ahhhhhhhh. I forgot that!

And he struggles with speedsters.

Hell, just put Hemingway out there. Sherman can help us by eliminating him from Smith's reads. LMAO

mikey23545
11-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Also, the Seahawks have had a hard time getting pressure on the QB this year, at least compared to last year. They also aren't very good against the run, especially on the road. The thing I worry about most is stopping Wilson's runs. He tore the Giants up yesterday.

Seahawks are 30th in the NFL in sacks.

Marcellus
11-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Seahawks are at the bottom of the league in QB pressures and sacks. They aren't getting to the QB which bodes well for our keep away game.

Smith may have his best game of the season next week.

BlackOp
11-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Seahawks are at the bottom of the league in QB pressures and sacks. They aren't getting to the QB which bodes well for our keep away game.

KC just faced the best defensive front I've seen in a long time....on the road. Arrowhead will be loud this game...Lynch will be the man to stop. If Smith has another second to drop back..KC will dink them.

jonzie04
11-10-2014, 11:17 AM
They have been "exposed " this year. The legion of boom isnt so scary without the beastly pass rush they had last year. Im feeling good about this match up much like the pats game I think this team is going to bring its absolute best at home and so will the crowd.

It is going to be a bitch stopping lynch though. Fugg it id play 8 in the box until russel proves he can beat us through the air, which he certainly cannot do, so long as we get interior pressure.

jonzie04
11-10-2014, 11:19 AM

They get pretty good pressure from the outside in the few games i watched. But they arent getting any interior pressure at all.

ModSocks
11-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Why not?

Because the Chiefs will get Bowe open in the underneath stuff. 5-10 Yard slants are difficult to defend for anyone, and Sherman has been beaten plenty this year.

If Bowe were primarily a vertical receiver i'd worry more.

But the way the Chiefs use Bowe, im not particularly worried about it.

Bowe also has the tendency to show up against the leagues betters corners.

ModSocks
11-10-2014, 11:23 AM
KC just faced the best defensive front I've seen in a long time....on the road.

This.

Bills have the best all-around defensive front in football. Look at the numbers from ALL of their guys across the board. Every single one of them can bring the heat, it's ridiculous. And they were amped the fuck up on top of that.

We've played some of the best defensive fronts in the NFL already. Only one missing off our checklist is Detroit.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 11:27 AM
This.

Bills have the best all-around defensive front in football. Look at the numbers from ALL of their guys across the board. Every single one of them can bring the heat, it's ridiculous. And they were amped the **** up on top of that.

We've played some of the best defensive fronts in the NFL already. Only one missing off our checklist is Detroit.

I'm just damn glad that the Cardinals won't have Dockett or Washington blitzing up the middle. That would be hell with our guards.

Skyy God
11-10-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm actually less worried about this game than I was about Buffalo, as it's at home and we match up better.

Coochie liquor
11-10-2014, 11:42 AM
They get pretty good pressure from the outside in the few games i watched. But they arent getting any interior pressure at all.

They haven't played against our poor pass protecting O line yet.
I do think it's a winnable game IF we can contain beast mode!

Direckshun
11-10-2014, 11:43 AM
I'm actually less worried about this game than I was about Buffalo, as it's at home and we match up better.

HOW do we matchup better against a team that just ran for 350 yards against a BETTER run defense?

We're underdogs.

I like the fight in this team, but we're underdogs.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2014, 11:48 AM
stop the run
stop the scrambling of Wilson

probably need to go heavier on Dline

i would hope that our Oline couldn't do any worse against seattle compared to Buffalo

notorious
11-10-2014, 11:53 AM
We suck against the run.
Posted via Mobile Device

/thread

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2014, 11:58 AM
There are two keys to win:
1. Stop the run. Going to be a real test for our defense.

2. Contain Wilson. We can't let him beat us with his legs.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 12:00 PM
We're going to have to stay in base a lot more than we have this entire year.

Mays in at LB in place of JMJ. Get Bailey, Poe, and Vickerson/Howard on the field at the same time, let Houston and Hali handle contain.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2014, 12:02 PM
There are two keys to win:
1. Stop the run. Going to be a real test for our defense.

2. Contain Wilson. We can't let him beat us with his legs.

Q

:)

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Q

:)

:banghead:

Ya I stated the obvious.

I look forward to this weeks challenge. Kelce and Bowe need to have big games and let charles be Charles.

FringeNC
11-10-2014, 12:07 PM
You know what's nice? Stealing the game yesterday means that a loss to Seattle doesn't crush our playoff hopes.

Two good teams but we're at home, and Vegas has us as a 1 point favorite. Seems about right.

The Franchise
11-10-2014, 12:08 PM
They suck at stopping opposing TEs.

KCCHIEFS27
11-10-2014, 12:09 PM
You haven't seen the Seahawks enough this year then. Sherman has been following the true #1 receivers for much of the year. Go catch the Dallas game, he was matched up against Bryant pretty much all game no matter where Bryant lined up.

I fully expect Sherman to follow Bowe around or be matched up against Kelce on some occasions as they are our only real threats in the passing game.

They only had Sherman covering Bryant because maxwell went down with an ankle injury in the first quarter of that cowboys game and they didn't want to leave a second year guy, Burley, out there against bryant. Otherwise, sherman stays on the left side and maxwell stays on the right. That's how they do things.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2014, 12:09 PM
we need to strap on our big boy pants and come ready to tackle.

Sutton needs to game plan for the run.

Berry probably needs to be in the box

ModSocks
11-10-2014, 12:14 PM
They suck at stopping opposing TEs.

Well then....Clearly Kam and Thomas aren't worth their contracts.

Mile High Mania
11-10-2014, 12:18 PM
So, is the world's loudest fan base championship on the line this week?

O.city
11-10-2014, 12:18 PM
It would be awesome to really announce to the league "fuck you we are here to stay" and just rip their dicks off a s shit down their throat.

Something like 31-14.

Fuck yeah

NinerDoug
11-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Please, beat those fucks.

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 12:20 PM

Lynch only had 40 yards in the Super Bowl and Wilson still led that offense to almost 30 offensive points.

Just please stop talking.

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Lynch is great but Robert Turbin and Christine Michael are also good.

They have the best stable of RBs in the league, IMO.

BlackOp
11-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I fully expect KC to come out ready to play...Superbowl champs after a tough road win. I think the Seahawks will get their attention...Seattle isn't great on the road...and are coming into the loudest stadium in the world. There will be a lot of energy in that place this Sunday..

Mile High Mania
11-10-2014, 12:28 PM
I think the tale of the tape on this one comes down to Lynch and Charles.

Am I viewing the stats correctly KC hasn't allowed a rushing TD this year?

SEA is #4 rushing DEF with 79.8 ypg and 4 TDs allowed with a 3.2 avg on 225 attempts.

KC is #18 rushing DEF with 115 ypg and 0 TDs allowed with a 4.7 avg on 220 attempts.

SEA is +3 on the turnovers and KC is -1.

Offense...

SEA is #1 rushing offense with 171 ypg, 14 TDs and a 5.5 avg on 279 attempts.

KC is #6 rushing offense with 136 ypg, 13 TDs and a 4.6 avg on 267 attempts.

Could be an ugly, low scoring game. Which offense can establish the ground game first and get some success in the air?

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Lynch only had 40 yards in the Super Bowl and Wilson still led that offense to almost 30 offensive points.

Don't have to take my word for it, look at post 15. All of those quotes are from their own fans.

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Don't have to take my word for it, look at post 15. All of those quotes are from their own fans.

Their fan base is probably just as retarded as ours.. And you.

I'll never forget the shit you pulled on Justin Houston this offseason.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Their fan base is probably just as retarded as ours.. And you.

I'll never forget the shit you pulled on Justin Houston this offseason.

So that's your beef? LMAO

You should go ask the Seahawks fans how well Wilson performs when their running game isn't being used. They have a thread calling for 60% run plays.

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 12:46 PM
So that's your beef? LMAO

You should go ask the Seahawks fans how well Wilson performs when their running game isn't being used. They have a thread calling for 60% run plays.

You say stupid shit and keep on saying stupid shit after you're called out on your stupid shit and given a chance to stop saying stupid shit.

How well does any QB play when their running game doesn't produce? Funny that Alex gets a pass from you for having a shit offensive line and no weapons when their offensive line is a little better than ours but their weapons aren't as good.

Their stats are comparable, positions are comparable, and wins are comparable. One is a 9 year vet looking for his second playoff win and the other a 3rd year Super Bowl champ.

ptlyon
11-10-2014, 12:48 PM
You say stupid shit and keep on saying stupid shit after you're called out on your stupid shit and given a chance to stop saying stupid shit.

No shit?

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 12:50 PM
No shit?

Shit is stupid.

ptlyon
11-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Stupid Shit is stupid.

FYP
Edit : not saying that Old School is a stupid shit

Iconic
11-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Kam, Mebane, Wagner, and M.Smith are all possibly out... if they stay injured we are definitely winning.

jonzie04
11-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Beast is definately the heart and soul of that offense and even that entire team. Most seacock fans will tell you that the entire team rallies around him and he elevates the play of even the defense. Wilson can fuck you up with his legs, but there whole thing has been pounding the ball with beast.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Wilson couldn't get the passing game to work when they had Percy Harvin in there. How well is Harvin playing now that he is with the Jets? He never even came close to breaking 100 receiving yards with Wilson as his QB. What does that say about Wilson since many of you are so apt to blame the lack of WR production on the QB?

As for the Superbowl win, you do realize that the Seahawks had the best defense of the decade in that SB run right?

Wilson's stats in the playoffs for that SB run since you're so quick to crap on Lynch:

Vs NO: 9-18, 103 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs He was the main reason for that win right?

Vs SF: 16-25, 215 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs

Vs Donkeys: 18-25, 206 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

Lynch's numbers?

Vs NO: 28 carries, 140 yards, 2 TDs Without Lynch, they lose this game, plain and simple.

Vs SF (incredibly tough defense to run on): 22 carries, 109 yards, 1 TD Very few RBs ever crack the 100 yard mark and go for nearly 5 yards a pop against the 49ers, to do it in a playoff game makes it even more impressive.

Vs Donkeys: 15 carries, 39 yards, 1 TD Seahawks dominated this game on all levels as we all know. They focused everything on stopping Lynch in the run game.

So tell me again how Lynch wasn't the heart of that offense and how Wilson is?

mikey23545
11-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Playing away, Beast is a Sea-sparrow...

He only rushes for 49 yards a game average on the road, receptions average 23 yards a game...

Seahawks only come up with a hair over 1 sack a game on the road...

Hawks 4-1 at home, 2-2 on the road, their only victories coming at Washington and Carolina....

What do they beat you with?

Wilson averages 283 yards per game total offense on the road...

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Wilson couldn't get the passing game to work when they had Percy Harvin in there. How well is Harvin playing now that he is with the Jets? He never even came close to breaking 100 receiving yards with Wilson as his QB. What does that say about Wilson since many of you are so apt to blame the lack of WR production on the QB?

As for the Superbowl win, you do realize that the Seahawks had the best defense of the decade in that SB run right?

Wilson's stats in the playoffs for that SB run since you're so quick to crap on Lynch:

Vs NO: 9-18, 103 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs He was the main reason for that win right?

Vs SF: 16-25, 215 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs

Vs Donkeys: 18-25, 206 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

Lynch's numbers?

Vs NO: 28 carries, 140 yards, 2 TDs Without Lynch, they lose this game, plain and simple.

Vs SF (incredibly tough defense to run on): 22 carries, 109 yards, 1 TD Very few RBs ever crack the 100 yard mark and go for nearly 5 yards a pop against the 49ers, to do it in a playoff game makes it even more impressive.

Vs Donkeys: 15 carries, 39 yards, 1 TD Seahawks dominated this game on all levels as we all know. They focused everything on stopping Lynch in the run game.

So tell me again how Lynch wasn't the heart of that offense and how Wilson is?

What does Harvin have to do with anything? He's always been more of a gadget player than a pure receiver. Wilson made it to the fucking Super Bowl throwing to Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Jermain Kearse and Zach Miller.

I've never been one to argue that passing yards = great QB play so you're barking up the wrong tree there. Wilson made plays at crucial times in that Super Bowl run. That 4th down strike for the TD against the 49ers and converting a ridiculous amount of passing 3rd downs in the Super Bowl to keep Peyton off the field did more to add to that lead than you'd like to admit.

It's laudable when a 9 year vet goes an entire game without throwing an INT around here but we're lambasting a second year guy for doing the same thing during a Super Bowl run? That's more of your stupid shit.

I think Lynch is definitely the engine of that offense but your attempt to minimize the impact of Wilson is laughable, really. Neither Lynch nor Russell Wilson are the number one contributor to their run last year. It's absolutely the defense in every situation. That was definitely the best pass defense of all time and overall one of the best we've seen as well.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Seahawks are just a bad road team for one reason or another. They lost to the freaken Rams and lost to the Chargers by 9 points.

Direckshun
11-10-2014, 01:42 PM
You know what's nice? Stealing the game yesterday means that a loss to Seattle doesn't crush our playoff hopes.

Two good teams but we're at home, and Vegas has us as a 1 point favorite. Seems about right.

This is exactly right.

If we have to lose, losing to a really good NFC team is who you lose to.

That being said, this is a winnable game and we need to bust our ass to win it.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Again, from their own fans regarding Wilson:

I'm not saying we can't win. Not every Super Bowl champion has had a good passing game and RW isn't always mediocre at passing. But W/L isn't necessarily a reflection on total ability. We have the top ranked run D and O, that's pretty freakin' special. You don't necessarily need Peyton Manning to win a SB with a team like that.

But I'm not ready to crown RW as some QB prodigy when he struggles throwing the ball. It's simply a fact that he has had trouble.

You know who else has a winning record in the NFL? Tim Tebow. I'm not saying that Wilson is Tebow, because obviously Wilson is a much better passer.

Winning is all fine and dandy, but when you're struggling against the trash of the NFL something has got to change, and quick. We cannot expect to win against the better teams in the NFL with this kind of production in the passing game. Russell Wilson is obviously struggling right now, unless he rights his ship we're going to be in for a rude awakening when we play the likes of the 49ers, the Cardinals etc.

I know RB's help, but lately Lynch hasn't been utilized like he was last season. I already see a difference with Harvin being gone.

Lynch is a rare breed indeed. And all I'm saying is with Romo being out the D's main focus is to shut down the Cowgirls running game and it worked.

Wilson is my main target at the moment because he has been playing poorly. Someone else pointed out that the O-line has been bad since basically he started yet Wilson has found ways to shine. But lately, that hasn't been the case. I think a lot of pressure is on him and with the D not being as good as last year combined with a ton of injuries is starting to take it's toll.

I see a lot of people pointing the finger at someone else, bad O-line, WR's , OC, and whatever reason anyone can come up with besides blaming Wilson for once. It almost seems Taboo around here to call out Wilson. I'm not doing it just to piss people off, I just call it as I see it. I realize there's a lot of reasons, as I pointed some out, for his poor play, but that's all I'm doing is placing the blame on the team leader.

Wilson completed a season-low 49 percent of his passes yesterday.

That's not all the receivers fault, not the line, not the play calling. He just seems to be lacking confidence and getting frustrated.

Maybe he needs to get his eyes checked?!!

Don't you guys normally blame Bevell?

Russell's lack of accuracy is troubling, as it's a very strong part of his game. So something's going on with him that's messing with his mechanics or something.

It can't all be just poor WR play or O-line issues.

Wow. Post....not the poster...?
RW hasn't looked "right " for most of the 14 season. A post like the above indicates total homerism / un-objective football watching skills and ignorant commenting skillz. RW needs to right his ship. Receivers, especially the tight ends need to catch the dam ball. The OC needs to run the F'ing ball, ALOT. The O line needs to block and do that blocking thing much better on pass plays. And....RW needs to get to the ball accurately, yes ACCURATELY and ON TIME to receivers.

RW is part of the problem this year, why is that taboo to acknowledge? Love the guy and love what he brings to the team, but he isn't perfect and to say so is, well, just ignorant homerism.

A lot more where that came from.

Sorter
11-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Why should anyone care what Seahawk fans think about Russell Wilson?

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Well then....Clearly Kam and Thomas aren't worth their contracts.

Seattle doesn't move their safeties in to linebacking positions like the Chiefs. Their linebackers cover TE's.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2014, 01:54 PM

The 2014 Seattle Seahawks aren't the same team as the 2013 Seattle Seahawks.

I don't know if it's "Super Bowl Hangover" or the schedule, but they haven't played at the same level consistently throughout the season.

Mav
11-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Alex Smith says "Seahawks, daddy is home. Prepare thy anus."

Otter
11-10-2014, 02:10 PM
If the Chiefs win this game I'm going right back into full homer mode even though I'm pretty sure it's going wind up like the nerd who asks the head cheerleader out after shotgunning half a Miller Light behind the pine tree for a confidence boost.

bshmerlie
11-10-2014, 02:11 PM
This is exactly right.

If we have to lose, losing to a really good NFC team is who you lose to.

That being said, this is a winnable game and we need to bust our ass to win it.

I agree. I think this game is going to be a very close game and could go either way....much like the Bills game. They're gonna be focused on stopping JC and we're gonna be focused on stopping Lynch. Neither team has an explosive passing game. So basically who ever wins the Turnover game is gonna win. At least we have homefield advantage.

If we're gonna lose a game this wouldn't be so bad. Yeah...you don't want to lose any games but right now we are fighting for a wild card spot. Yesterday's Bills game and the upcoming Charger's game is more vital as the Wild Card spot may be decided by a tie breaker.

ptlyon
11-10-2014, 02:13 PM
If the Chiefs win this game I'm going right back into full homer mode even though I'm pretty sure it's going wind up like the nerd who asks the head cheerleader out after shotgunning half a Miller Light behind the pine tree for a confidence boost.

But Captain Jack will get you by tonight

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Again, from their own fans regarding Wilson:

A lot more where that came from.

You're exhibiting your dumbassery here as well.

That doesn't read much different than this site about Alex Smith and that guy is clearly pretty fucking good.

philfree
11-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Screw all this talk of a wild card spot I still want to win the division. The next step to do that is beating the defending SB Champ Seahawks in Arrowhead. The loudest outdoor stadium in the world which they foolishly challenged. Arrowhead and the Chiefs are going to erupt all over the Seahawks. It's going to be awesome.

Hope we go with the all red uni this week.

Iconic
11-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Really hope Mays gets some meaningful reps because I can't watch JMJ get mauled by blockers any longer.

Titty Meat
11-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Chiefs won't win this game if the run defense doesn't show up.

DaneMcCloud
11-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Chiefs won't win this game if the run defense doesn't show up.

Seattle's offense is very different on the road than it is at home.

mikey23545
11-10-2014, 03:00 PM
I've just got a feeling this might end up like that 97' Chiefs-49ers interconference game against the 49ers...

ptlyon
11-10-2014, 03:03 PM
I've just got a feeling this might end up like that 97' Chiefs-49ers interconference game against the 49ers...

Was that the game against the 49ers? Cuz I think I remember that.

The Franchise
11-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Like night and day different.

beach tribe
11-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Looking forward to that cover 3 breakdown if you get the chance.

Frosty
11-10-2014, 03:12 PM
They need to play the Seahawks the same way the Chargers did - dominate time of possession and make the Seahawks go the length of the field when they do get the ball (no turnovers). Both of those play to the Chiefs' strengths as does special teams (Seahawks don't have a good returner now that Harvin is gone).

Sorter
11-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Looking forward to that cover 3 breakdown if you get the chance.

I should be able to by the end of the week.

KCUnited
11-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Keys to the game:

1. Stay home

2. Profit

Iowanian
11-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Now Hear This.....The Chiefs are going to be the piss out of Seattle this Sunday in Arrowhead Stadium....the loudest the NFL has to offer.

Seattle doesn't play as well on the road.

WhawhaWhat
11-10-2014, 03:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2GuRKqCAAEqRI_.jpg

Dayze
11-10-2014, 03:51 PM
look at the size of that birds wiener!

Marcellus
11-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Like night and day different.

This made me decide to look up the info.

Interestingly Lynch is not near as effective on the road and hasn't scored a road TD yet.

Wilson is actually much better on the road.

Their only road game this season so far against a winning team was SD and they lost.

beach tribe
11-10-2014, 04:05 PM
I should be able to by the end of the week.

That would be awesome. Thanks for putting in the time.

I think it's great for a lot of the people here to know what they are looking at.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2014, 04:09 PM
It would be awesome to really announce to the league "**** you we are here to stay" and just rip their dicks off a s shit down their throat.

Something like 31-14.

**** yeah

Hell ya! It would be awesome. I love Russell Wilson though. So it would be kind of sad for me

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Because the Chiefs will get Bowe open in the underneath stuff. 5-10 Yard slants are difficult to defend for anyone, and Sherman has been beaten plenty this year.

If Bowe were primarily a vertical receiver i'd worry more.

But the way the Chiefs use Bowe, im not particularly worried about it.

Bowe also has the tendency to show up against the leagues betters corners.

This is all quite true, good points, though you might get some argument from people about that last line... but he definitely did look good against Revis, caught several right in his face.

Yet I still kinda hope we just put Avery on Shermans side and let him threaten the guy with his superior speed, then move Bowe around between the slot and the two.

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Vegas has us as a 1 point favorite. Seems about right.

I'm blown away by that quite frankly, an actual favorite over the premier powerhouse... thats says a lot, Lefty Rosenthal has this shit down to a science.

PRINT 'EM.

jspchief
11-10-2014, 04:48 PM
If the front 7 plays like it did against Buffalo (5.0 ypc) we have no chance. Stop the run and we can win.
That's how the front seven plays against every team. KC has to be near the bottom of the league in avg ypc allowed. Inexplicably, teams don't seem to run against them very often. If anyone ever figures this out, they are going to be exposed. Overly aggressive line play against the pass plus poor gap discipline from LBs. Run at the middle of this D.

jspchief
11-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Well, in the context of the discussion, they probably know more about their team than Chiefs fans.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Brandon Mebane - DL - Seahawks
Coach Pete Carroll stated Monday that NT Brandon Mebane has a "legit" hamstring injury and will miss "some time."
It's a plus to Jamaal Charles' matchup. The Seahawks will also be without ILB Bobby Wagner (toe). Charles is averaging 5.12 YPC with two touchdowns over his last three meetings with top-eight run defenses. He defines "matchup proof," in the first place, and now gets an easier Week 11 draw against Seattle.
Source: Liz Mathews on Twitter Nov 10 - 5:30 PM

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2014, 05:29 PM

:spock:

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 05:39 PM
:spock:

We gained a Clay, lost a lyon... gotta have someone left to talk shit.

Chiefs4TheWin
11-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Any time we face a scrambling enabled QB, it always gives me concern. Our weakness is the run and Lynch is a wrecking ball.

It will be a close game, but I have no idea who will win or which teams will show up.

I wouldn't bet on this game whatsoever lol.

my prediction, I don't know.

Direckshun
11-10-2014, 06:04 PM
This made me decide to look up the info.

Interestingly Lynch is not near as effective on the road and hasn't scored a road TD yet.

Wilson is actually much better on the road.

Their only road game this season so far against a winning team was SD and they lost.

Wow.

Sorter
11-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Well, in the context of the discussion, they probably know more about their team than Chiefs fans.

Maybe.

For all we know, their forum is entirely populated by Blackbobs.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Maybe.

For all we know, their forum is entirely populated by Blackbobs.

Oh lord, you went there. :LOL:

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Any time we face a scrambling enabled QB, it always gives me concern. Our weakness is the run and Lynch is a wrecking ball.

It will be a close game, but I have no idea who will win or which teams will show up.

I wouldn't bet on this game whatsoever lol.

my prediction, I don't know.

Thing is IMO, sooo much of our run game woes between the 20's is due to us running nickel and dime most of the time... limiting the big pass plays that burned us sooo bad last year, not having our corners and safeties with their backs to so many plays in press man.

Now we seem to be playing our corners and safeties off more (except for Smith) enabling them to keep their eyes on the ball more.

That comes with a price though, playing guys back gives more room to runners, but where Sutton makes it all good is in the redzone, he lets them run it around to an extent, but once the field tightens up our talent takes over and thats where you get a defense without a rushing touchdown from.

Let Lynch bust off 10-20 yard runs between the twenties, meanwhile were keeping Wilson contained and locking down his cast of #2-3 receivers and keeping those 20+ pass plays to a bare minimum... Sutton has really figured out the magic formula IMO.

Let them run and eat cake, but we still hold the castle down.

BlackOp
11-10-2014, 06:24 PM
T

Where did you find his stats? I was going to look into how he runs on the road...

They have a huge emotional advantage at home...now they get to experience it from the other side.

*edit found them..his biggest 2014 road game was 72 yards @ Washington.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/defiant68/trashtalkintime_zpsab12a789.jpg

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Where did you find his stats? I was going to look into how he runs on the road...

They have a huge emotional advantage at home...now they get to experience it from the other side.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/defiant68/trashtalkintime_zpsab12a789.jpg

He had less than 20 carries in all of the road games. The only one in which he was actually getting stuffed was against the Rams when Donald was just destroying their guards up front.

Outside of that one game, Lynch was taking it for over 4 YPC in two games and 6 YPC vs SD.

okcchief
11-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Chiefs win 34-18

Hammock Parties
11-10-2014, 07:00 PM
If this run D was as bad as people think we'd have allowed a rushing TD by now.

What scares me is Russell's scrambling, not Lynch.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Going to be tough game, but strangely feel better about this one than the Bills game.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2014, 07:02 PM
If this run D was as bad as people think we'd have allowed a rushing TD by now.

What scares me is Russell's scrambling, not Lynch.

Step in to the light my child ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
11-10-2014, 07:03 PM
It's funny. This run D is dogshit at times, but when they need a stop they usually come up big.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Step in to the light my child ROFL

http://i.imgur.com/6dUZUaJ.gif

BlackOp
11-10-2014, 07:12 PM
He had less than 20 carries in all of the road games. The only one in which he was actually getting stuffed was against the Rams when Donald was just destroying their guards up front.

Outside of that one game, Lynch was taking it for over 4 YPC in two games and 6 YPC vs SD.

He has zero rushing TD's on the road...that's interesting too.

It's fair to say that he's not quite the same beast away from Seattle...at least to this point.

ModSocks
11-10-2014, 07:17 PM

WTF is wrong with his eyes?

TimeForWasp
11-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Another fucking thread from you

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2014, 10:15 PM
He's had 2 good games rushing. We should be ok. Just need to sack up for this one.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 10:26 PM
He's had 2 good games rushing. We should be ok. Just need to sack up for this one.

The Seahawks are the #1 rushing offense in the league. The only thing that has really held their rushing offense back is their OC when he forgets about Lynch like he did against SD and decides to try and air it out.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2014, 10:27 PM
The Seahawks are the #1 rushing offense in the league.

Because of Wilson's scrambles.

The key to winning this game is keeping him in the pocket.

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 10:29 PM
OldSchool is right for once. They've been averaging a ridiculous amount per carry all year long.

Plus, you don't just have "two good games" and end up with 12 TDs.

If we can get up by two scores at any point in this game, I'll feel much better about things.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2014, 10:30 PM
We really need to start fast this game. Get the crowd going early after we pounce on them.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Because of Wilson's scrambles.

The key to winning this game is keeping him in the pocket.

It's really not just Wilson.

Lynch is averaging 4.5 YPC with 9 TDs.

Turbin is at 4.6 YPC.

Michael is at 7.4 YPC.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2014, 10:39 PM
It's really not just Wilson.

Lynch is averaging 4.5 YPC with 9 TDs.

Turbin is at 4.6 YPC.

Michael is at 7.4 YPC.

Russell Wilson averages 55 yards a game.

You take him away and their average dips to 115 YPG.

That ain't winning shit if our pass defense comes to play.

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Seahawks have some receivers and tight ends that you of course dont want running wild, and they'll get some yards on us... but as long as the defense is focused on Lynch and Wilson, they arent doing shiiit.

This automatic loss we all had chalked up in August is now a DAMN winnable game... my how the times change.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Russell Wilson averages 55 yards a game.

You take him away and their average dips to 115 YPG.

That ain't winning shit if our pass defense comes to play.

Not worried about the pass defense really. This secondary has faced some monstrous WR cores already, I refuse to believe that they will get beat by this Seattle squad.

Baldwin is about their only consistently performing vet. Kearse has been in a bit of a slump. Richardson is a really fast rookie but we just handled Watkins fairly easily. Norwood hasn't played much. This group is nothing compared to the Bills, 49ers, SD, Donkeys, or even Miami.

Pass protection is a big weakness for them. Houston will have the luxury of facing Justin Britt who looks like the rookie Eric Fisher in pass pro so far. Their interior line play hasn't been so hot either, so Bailey and Poe should be able to collapse the pocket. Hali might be the only one to have a tough day because Okung is back.

The only thing that the team really has to worry about is keeping Wilson in the pocket and not losing contain or opening up lanes for him to run through. Have to do at least as good of a job as they did against Kaepernick in that regard; the problem is that Wilson is significantly shiftier.

OldSchool
11-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Seahawks have some receivers and tight ends that you of course dont want running wild, and they'll get some yards on us... but as long as the defense is focused on Lynch and Wilson, they arent doing shiiit.

This automatic loss we all had chalked up in August is now a DAMN winnable game... my how the times change.

I never thought it would be an automatic loss. The Seahawks simply aren't the same team on the road.

RunKC
11-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Worried about our ILB's being slow. If there was ever a game we need DJ in, it's this one.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Seahawks on the road:

L 21-30 Chargers
W 27-17 Redskins
L 26-28 Rams
W 13-9 Panthers

They haven't beaten anyone good on the road.

ThaVirus
11-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Seahawks on the road:

L 21-30 Chargers
W 27-17 Redskins
L 26-28 Rams
W 13-9 Panthers

They haven't beaten anyone good on the road.

.. And played in some very tight games with very bad teams in their wins.

Like I said, if we can get up by two scores early this could get ugly. Like, Patriots rolling into town on Monday night ugly.

Jimmya
11-10-2014, 11:10 PM
If you saw the charger game, you would think our dline can wreak havok just like the chargers did.

Easy 6
11-10-2014, 11:14 PM
I never thought it would be an automatic loss. The Seahawks simply aren't the same team on the road.

Well if you're that hooah then what can I say, but the fact is that even the rosiest colored glasses of us began this season thinking this was probably a loss... yet just like it ALWAYS does, the NFL schedule throws in surprise after surprise.

In Seattle, who knows... but in Arrowhead, we can GET these suckers, no questions about it.

MotherfuckerJones
11-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Those Seahawks fans on that site trashing our win in SD because SD is "ravaged" by injuries. LMAO guess they didn't bother to look at our list.

KChiefs1
11-11-2014, 12:08 AM
Those Seahawks fans on that site trashing our win in SD because SD is "ravaged" by injuries. LMAO guess they didn't bother to look at our list.

We are the ones who punched them in the mouth.

DaneMcCloud
11-11-2014, 12:11 AM
We really need to start fast this game.

That's what the bozo announcers said yesterday

MotherfuckerJones
11-11-2014, 12:14 AM
That's what the bozo announcers said yesterday

I just don't want to see Seattle pounce on us and take the crowd out.

DaneMcCloud
11-11-2014, 12:23 AM

On no, I get it and I agree.

But they made it sound as if the Chiefs fell behind, it was Game Over.

Mav
11-11-2014, 02:49 AM

Yeah. After the st louis and buff game I'll never feel out of it.

11-11-2014, 03:27 AM
Now Hear This.....The Chiefs are going to be the piss out of Seattle this Sunday in Arrowhead Stadium....the loudest the NFL has to offer.

The Chiefs are going to BE the piss?

Direckshun
11-11-2014, 03:44 AM
Being the piss is always an effective strategy.

Who wants to mess with piss?

11-11-2014, 03:51 AM
Being the piss is always an effective strategy.

Who wants to mess with piss?

Yeah, but he said Seattle will piss Chiefs. WTF? LMAO Are they going to piss Red and gold? Sounds like quite the condition.

Direckshun
11-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Walter Football has lost every ounce of its credibility as anything other than an NFL Draft resource, but it's still an interesting read as he writes as much on the NFL as anybody.

So take this with a grain of salt, as always.

In this week's power rankings, he has the Chiefs #5 and Seahawks #6.

5. Kansas City Chiefs (6-3) - Previously: #8 - The Chiefs could have easily lost at Buffalo, but they were in a terrible spot, so that was expected. All of the sharps bet the Bills, but Kansas City prevailed, as it continued its impressive winning streak. Since the opener, the Chiefs have only lost to the Broncos and 49ers, and both were close games on the road.

6. Seattle Seahawks (6-3) - Previously: #10 - No idea what to make of the Seahawks. The Giants were able to hang around until a late flurry, but they were able to reestablish Marshawn Lynch with some of their linemen back into the lineup. Russell Wilson needs to stop playing like crap.

I'd like to blame Wilson's struggles on baseball. Remember how he dabbled in baseball this offseason? He said baseball helped him with preparation, but I don't see how. Baseball players are fat and lazy. It's no coincidence Wilson is being fat and lazy.

jjchieffan
11-11-2014, 06:40 AM
I don't recall the stat on it, but QB's playing their first game at Arrowhead almost always lose. I'm hoping Wilson follows that trend

Rausch
11-11-2014, 06:52 AM

What worries me is their defense is really effective when the front 4 can get pressure. That's when their secondary does what it's capable of.

We all know this OL can give up pressure to about anyone...

ChiefRocka
11-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Stay the fuck home!

Danguardace
11-11-2014, 07:38 AM
What's the bet that our WR's score three TD's vs Seattle (I would take 1).

Dont know why but I am feeling this one as its on my Birthday

MotherfuckerJones
11-11-2014, 08:01 AM
I can get some hope from the fact that seattle is 31st in rushing the passer. Now Mebane is out and that'll help us run the ball. The oline needs to bounce back. I give them a pass last week because they aren't good to begin with, so getting whipped by that Bills Dline is understandable.

beach tribe
11-11-2014, 08:06 AM
What's the bet that our WR's score three TD's vs Seattle (I would take 1).

Dont know why but I am feeling this one as its on my Birthday

Happy Birthday
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/giphyvgd_zps5ilvmna2.gif (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/giphyvgd_zps5ilvmna2.gif.html)

RunKC
11-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Me and being out is huge. Could really help us. But I see a lot of trickery and misdirection from Reid.
DAT should be a big part of the gameplan.

Dayze
11-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Happy Birthday
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/bbeal29/giphyvgd_zps5ilvmna2.gif (http://s254.photobucket.com/user/bbeal29/media/giphyvgd_zps5ilvmna2.gif.html)

LMAO

Frosty
11-11-2014, 10:49 AM
What worries me is their defense is really effective when the front 4 can get pressure. That's when their secondary does what it's capable of.

Except that isn't happening this year. They are having a tough time getting to the QB. Mebane being out won't help either.

BlackOp
11-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Mebane is out....he is their best defensive lineman. Both their starting TE's are out too. Their fans say the dink and dunk gives them fits. Smith is the best in the NFL at this...I think Charles has a good day running the ball.

They key is to score early in the game and keep it close....Oh and the crowd noise. Will be interesting to see how Wilson handles the crowd + Hali/Houston. This is his first time playing at Arrowhead...

OldSchool
11-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Problem is, Seahawks have the speed to match our speed guys. A big reason why they are the #1 run defense in the league is because they rarely ever allow anything to break outside due to fantastic run support from their DBs. They swarm as well as any team.

Marcellus
11-11-2014, 11:11 AM
The big question is will Moeaki be active for Seattle?

Direckshun
11-11-2014, 11:13 AM
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2014/11/6/7151769/the-limitations-of-the-seahawks-offensive-personnel-and-how-this

The Limitations of the Seahawk's Offensive Personnel, and How This Contributes to Struggles in the Passing Game
By Jazzaloha
on Nov 6 2014, 11:49a

Danny Kelly had a recent post about Pete Carroll's belief that the team was ready to explode in the second half of the season. I really liked Carroll's comments and the enthusiasm behind them. It's an approach of a good coach/leader (assuming he, his staff and the players understand and are addressing the problems--which I assume they are doing).

On the other hand, I wouldn't take his statements at face value--not with regard to the true state of the team. This isn't to say that Carroll isn't being honest. I just think he's really trying to emphasize the positive, while also preventing the negatives from hurting the team. In this post I want discuss some of those negatives--specifically with regard to the passing game. (Warning: it may be a bit of downer, and it's not for fans who don't want to hear anything negative about the team.)

The Limitation of the Players

To me, when I think of the problems with the passing game, the quality of the players comes to mind first. So I want to start by examining each personnel grouping, with an emphasis on the limitations of each.

Quarterback:

Before I say anything, let me say that Wilson is by far my favorite player in the league. There are maybe only two or three QBs I'd prefer over him. With that said, I do think he has some significant limitations. The biggest limitation to my mind is his inability to climb the pocket, stand tall and throw when its really crowded. Think of the way Phillip Rivers hangs in the pocket, throwing the ball right before the pocket collapses around him. It's my belief that Wilson can't do that. I'm not sure about the reason for this, but my guess is that it has a lot to do with Wilson's short stature,and maybe some limitations with arm strength. Now, maybe I'm wrong about this, but the bottom line is that he almost never does this. When he throws from the pocket, the ball usually comes out really quickly (which is generally a good thing). The point is that he's not going to wait in there, giving more time for a route to develop or go to his 3rd or 4th option in his progression. Additionally, when he doesn't throw the ball quickly from the pocket, this often means he's either scrambling, running or getting sacked.

This creates several significant limitations. For one thing, I feel like the receivers have to get open pretty quickly. They don't have time much time to separate or find a cushion in the defense. Second, when Wilson begins scrambling he sometimes doesn't see open receivers, which isn't always his fault. Looking at some of the all-22 footage, it seems like his vision is obscured (and sometimes I believe his height is a factor in this). Additionally, when he starts moving to one side of the field, the receivers on the other side no longer become an option--even if they're open (especially on the deeper routes).

Offensive Line

Basically, the line doesn't create a pocket that the QB can consistently rely upon. As a viewer watching the game, I feel like a defensive linemen could quickly break through on any pass play. I just don't know when it's going to happen. I think it's incredibly difficult on a QB when he can't trust the bottom of the pocket will be stable and secure. The QB can step up in the pocket or move to evade edge rushers coming around the corner, but there's little he can do when a pass-rusher shoots up in front of his face.

To be fair, I thought the pass protection was pretty solid when the OL was healthy. Additionally, I wonder if the OL and coaches approach pass protection differently because of Wilson's strengths and limitations. Maybe they're not trying to create a classic pocket. Then again, maybe they're just not capable. I don't know the answer to this, but the bottom line is that the OL in recent weeks hasn't been all that dependable. This also includes the penalties they commit, which has such a devastating impact on their drives (at least that's what it seems like to me).

Receivers/Tight Ends

I'm lumping the two together, mainly because I see one main limitation--namely, there's no great pass catcher that is almost unstoppable to guard in a one-on-one situation--a player that the defense has to game plan for and thereby creating vulnerabilities that will help the other receivers/TEs to get open and do damage. Because of this, my sense is that the receivers often aren't getting open, creating great difficulties for Wilson.

The Problems Created by the Totality of These Limitations

Each of these limitations, by themselves, may not be a big issue. But collectively, I believe they're leading to the type of inconsistency and struggles with extending drives, never mind scoring points, that we've seen. I'm somewhat confident that the offense can work through all of this--when they play against weaker defenses--but I'm worried they won't be able to do this against the better defenses.

My hypothesis is that one of the key offensive philosophies on the team has been to exploit the opponent's defender in coverage, based on the idea that the Seahawk's weakest pass catcher will be superior--creating an exploitable match-up. That's what seemed to happen with receivers like Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse in previous years. It might also explain the reason they threw so much to Brian Walters (to the consternation of some) in a few games as well. And Baldwin and Kearse may not be as productive because they're facing the opponent's better cover guys. (Not sure if this is true or not). In any event, if Seattle does use this tactic, I think it's a good one--as long as your weakest receivers are consistently superior to the opponent's weakest defenders. My concern is that that might not be the case against some of the better defenses they'll have to face.

Possible Solutions

So what can the offense do, when they face tougher defenses? Could improvements in the position groups allow them to get over the hump? Wilson can improve on his accuracy, maybe his reads, but I don't think these improvements will have a major impact. Similarly, while I think a healthier and better OL will help the offense, I don't think the impact will significantly address the problem, either--not unless the pass protection got significantly better--creating a lot more space, particularly in front of Wilson, wider throwing lanes and just lasting longer. I just don't see that happening, particularly against the opponents with a great front seven. (I'm really worried about the Niner front seven when they get all their players back.) But I'd be ecstatic if I'm wrong about this.

With regard to the receivers/TEs, if they could improve their ability to separate, I think this could really solve the problem. Somehow I don' t think this will happen with the older players. I do hold out some hope that the rookies--Norwood and Preach--can make some huge strides. Beyond that, I don't think we see any dramatic changes in their ability to separate.

There's a chance that the coaches can do something schematically to help the receivers get open, but based on last year--when the team seemed to face similar struggles--the coaching staff didn't seem able to address this problem schematically. This isn't a criticism. There are limits to to schematic solutions. The great Tom Brady struggled without Gronk and Hernandez--and the Patriots might be one of the best at schematically enhancing their players and offense. Yet, I think they struggled to overcome not having Gronk and Hernandez.

Now, maybe the problem is execution--that is, better execution (and better OL and QB play)--would solve the problem, making them at least more consistent at sustaining drives (i.e., greatly reducing three and outs). That's a possibility as well, but I'd guess this isn't very likely.

That leads back to Norwood and/or Preach really developing--at least into a threat that's comparable to Golden Tate or Sidney Rice. Or maybe the team will find someone who can be this receiving threat I have in mind--maybe Moeaki? (Heck, I have to admit that if Sidney Rice returned I'd be excited, assuming he was good as he was in the past.) The point is, I think the team needs at least one player to be a bigger receiving threat--somebody that can open things up for other players. Without such a threat, I see the struggles continuing, especially against the better defenses.

(If this continues, then the hopes shift to the defense--that is, they must be as good as they were last year, if not better. Same with the special teams.)

A Word on Russell Wilson

I want to end by saying how all of this relates to Russell Wilson. I hear comments that suggest Wilson is primarily to blame when the offense struggles. This is understandable to some degree, as a QB's struggles does cause the entire offense to bog down. Wilson definitely has struggled at times, and I mentioned some of his limitations that also contributed to the problems on offense. However, my feeling is that the trouble stems from the sum total of the limitations I mentioned above. Pegging Wilson's performance as the primary reason for those problems is inaccurate in my opinion. This would be like blaming Tom Brady for the Patriot's early season offensive struggles. (There was even talk of trading him!) Now some observers did mention the lack of talent that surrounded Brady (including on the OL). The thing is, Brady rarely had a lot of great receiving weapons. What he did often have was at least one great receiving weapon, though. And I'd guess you could say this about most QBs, including the great ones. They generally need one great receiving threat to be really effective. Wilson doesn't have that type of receiving threat.

BlackOp
11-11-2014, 11:31 AM
I think letting Golden Tate walk really hurt the Seahawks...that dude had a knack for clutch catches when Wilson was scrambling. He's been great in Detroit...I wish KC had gone after him..

From what I've read..KC @ Arrowhead is a bad match-up for this team. Gates gashed them...and they have trouble with TEs. They also have trouble with dink-n-dunk style of offenses.

EyePod
11-11-2014, 11:49 AM
I want to see how the Seachickens' offense plays with a really loud crowd. We're going to give up yards to Lynch, it's a given. Bend don't break. Cover the receivers. Don't give up RZ TDs. A special teams return would be good. Oh, and DAT, make some better decisions back there during returns. Our offense had no chance all day in Buffalo with it's starting inside the 10 almost every damn time.

BlackOp
11-11-2014, 11:52 AM
I want to see how the Seachickens' offense plays with a really loud crowd. We're going to give up yards to Lynch, it's a given. Bend don't break. Cover the receivers. Don't give up RZ TDs. A special teams return would be good. Oh, and DAT, make some better decisions back there during returns. Our offense had no chance all day in Buffalo with it's starting inside the 10 almost every damn time.
Lynch will get some yards...but they will get a few false starts with the noise and Houston/Hali on the edges. Those kill drives..

It's well known that they arent a great road team...and Wilson has never played in a stadium louder than his own. Its going to be a great game..

ModSocks
11-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Probably making a little too much out of Arrowhead. It's not like other venues don't get plenty loud. Im sure he's played in plenty of loud games.

O.city
11-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Mebane to season ending IR with Hamstring. Dunno if posted.

OldSchool
11-11-2014, 01:09 PM

Yup, makes this game a bit easier.

ModSocks
11-11-2014, 01:10 PM
I was much more worried about Buffalo than Seattle, but maybe we're not giving Seattle enough credit here. As a fan base, we're kinda overlooking them. At least more than we did Buff.

BlackOp
11-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Probably making a little too much out of Arrowhead. It's not like other venues don't get plenty loud. Im sure he's played in plenty of loud games.

I dont think I am...Seahawks are an average team on the road..and Arrowhead is a tough place to play. Early time slot too...10 am Seattle time and long travel..

I'm not overlooking them at all....this will be a great game. I just like how KC matches up against them...Buffalo..not so much. Bills strength played into KC's weakness..O-line...they could wreak havoc with just four defenders.

Bowe vs. Sherman will be interesting...two big dudes.

Jimmya
11-11-2014, 01:27 PM
I would love to see if they will run zone coverage versus our offense. I would think they will to help have more eyes on our running game.

Sandy Vagina
11-11-2014, 03:19 PM
KC better be careful, if playing a lot of man vs Russell. Dude will rack up rush yards by himself, if no one is spying him, and a sure tackler.

Mebane being out is definitely a huge plus for the run game. Alex didn't mind taking shots against Revis.. will be interesting to see how much he targets vs Sherman.

Chiefs Scratch
11-11-2014, 03:25 PM
No to shocked to see us booked as a favorite

ThaVirus
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Wonder who'll score the obligatory first drive TD on us..?

Frosty
11-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Wonder who'll score the obligatory first drive TD on us..?

Wilson will scramble around and then launch a deep ball to Baldwin.

thabear04
11-11-2014, 03:47 PM

I dunno if it was posted either but this is what i found.

Seattle's defense took another big blow this week.

Brandon Mebane*tore his hamstring and is done for the season, NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Tuesday, per a*Seahawks*source. The defensive tackle is still waiting to hear back from doctors, but the shortest timetable he's received is six to nine weeks. Surgery with a longer recovery period is possible, Breer added.

ModSocks
11-11-2014, 03:51 PM
The Mebane thing just doesn't get me anymore excited.

An injury like that happens and you'd think that Jamaal is going to expose that newly created hole etc.

It rarely ever works out that way.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Mebane is out....he is their best defensive lineman. Both their starting TE's are out too. Their fans say the dink and dunk gives them fits. Smith is the best in the NFL at this...I think Charles has a good day running the ball.

They key is to score early in the game and keep it close....Oh and the crowd noise. Will be interesting to see how Wilson handles the crowd + Hali/Houston. This is his first time playing at Arrowhead...

THE key to this game is keeping Beastmode under 20 carries. Preferably under 15. They haven't lost a game this year when he gets 20 carries.

That said though, I can't state enough how much of a dumpster fire they are on the road. They're downright soft away from the CLink.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 01:10 AM

Wowwwwwwwwww.

Legit game changer. Nobody on their D clogs lanes like him.

Losing Red Bryant in the offseason is now looking like a mistake.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Chiefs-Seahawks should have been flexed.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 01:23 AM
Interesting to see Seahawks.com talk about (http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Up-next-Kansas-City-Chiefs/f7a9e5d5-087f-4126-9c56-e9079af97ddf) Ron Parker:

Unsung Hero

Ron Parker. Yes, that Ron Parker. He was with the Seahawks in 2011 and 2012, when he played in four games. But Parker was claimed off waivers by the Chiefs last season. In Sunday’s oh-so-close victory over the Bills in Buffalo, Parker was a difference-maker. And no play made a bigger difference than his fully extended lunge to tomahawk the ball from the grasp of Bryce Brown as he was heading for the end zone in the third quarter, and with the Bills leading 10-3. As the Bills’ back reached the 5-yard line, there was nothing between him and the goal line by those 5 yards. Until Parker’s play sent the ball out of the end zone for a touchback. And Parker was just getting warmed up. On the Bills’ next-to-last possession, they had a first-and-10 at the Chiefs’ 15-yard line with less than three minutes to play. But Parker was there to defend three of Kyle Orton’s passes to Sammy Watkins – including the fourth-down throw. Parker finished with a team-high eight tackles, to go with his three passes defensed and the crucial forced fumble. “He’s a gamer, he’s a gamer, he’s a straight gamer,” safety Eric Berry told the Star after the game. “Regardless of what position, what situation you put him in … he’s thrived. He’s been a nickel, he’s been a corner, he’s been a safety and he’s made plays at all different positions.” Sunday, the Chiefs used Parker to shadow Watkins, the rookie who came into the game with 38 receptions, a 15.5-yard average and five TD catches. Against Parker, Watkins had four catches – on 10 targets – for 27 yards. “I thought he had a real good game,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said of Parker. “He is relentless. He's the one out at practices diving to bat balls down and that's just how he goes and it's great to see him rewarded with a game like this. That's a beautiful thing.”

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 01:26 AM
Same article.

Burning Question

Can Marshawn Lynch become the first player to score a rushing touchdown against the Chiefs this season? That’s right, in their first nine games, the Chiefs have not allowed a rushing touchdown – despite facing the Dolphins’ Lamar Miller (six), Jets’ Chris Ivory (five), Rams’ Benny Cunningham (four), 49ers’ Frank Gore (three) and Chargers’ Brendan Oliver (three), who have combined for 21 rushing TDs. Ivory (108) and Gore (107) had 100-yard rushing performances against the Chiefs, but did not find the end zone.

Familiar Faces

In addition to Parker, DT Jaye Howard was a fourth-round draft choice by the Seahawks in 2012 and played in two games that season; and DT Kevin Vickerson was with the Seahawks during their training camp in 2010. The Chiefs’ coaching staff includes defensive line coach Tommy Brasher, who coached the same unit with the Seahawks from 1992-98; and offensive line coach Andy Heck, the Seahawks’ first-round draft choice in 1989 who started 70 games at left tackle, left guard and right tackle in five seasons. Chiefs GM John Dorsey was in the Seahawks’ front office in 1999, while director of pro scouting Will Lewis played for the Seahawks in 1980-81 and then worked in their scouting department from 1999-2012. Senior VP of business operations Bill Chapin worked for the Seahawks before joining the Chiefs in 2011.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 01:26 AM
The Mebane thing just doesn't get me anymore excited.

An injury like that happens and you'd think that Jamaal is going to expose that newly created hole etc.

It rarely ever works out that way.

At the very least, it makes Hudson's job a lot easier. Williams isn't the beast that he used to be anymore and they don't really have anyone else in the middle that's even close to being on par with Mebane. This might be Sherman's busiest game of the year.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 01:29 AM
From Seattle Times:

The series: 51st all-time meeting. Chiefs lead the series 32-18, most of the games coming in the days when the teams were both in the AFC West. The two have played just twice since 2002, each Kansas City wins, the last a 42-24 Chiefs win in Seattle in 2010.

I actually remember that Seahawks victory.

Matt Cassel called an audible in the red zone and Jeff Lilja had no idea what it was.

Ended up being a Jamaal Charles TD on the right side, all Charles' work, since Lilja and Barry Richardson had no idea what to do and their defenders got loose.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 01:29 AM
At the very least, it makes Hudson's job a lot easier. Williams isn't the beast that he used to be anymore and they don't really have anyone else in the middle that's even close to being on par with Mebane. This might be Sherman's busiest game of the year.

Are you familiar with the injuries in their LB corps? What's the situation there?

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 01:37 AM

Yep, it is different. Wilson has been terrific on the road and bad at home.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Yep, it is different. Wilson has been terrific on the road and bad at home.

Hey BamBam,

Tell us about the injury situation with the Hawks right now. I'm hearing all kinds of reports, I assume you know enough to summarize.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Hey BamBam,

Tell us about the injury situation with the Hawks right now. I'm hearing all kinds of reports, I assume you know enough to summarize.

We'll have to wait further in the week, a lot of guys including Chancellor and Wagner are questionable. Mebane being gone hurts, but injuries are a part of football, unless you are the Broncos and you make 230132312132 excuses for getting skull fucked 43-8 in the biggest game of their lives.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 01:50 AM

We play fine on the road, we've been one of the if not the best road team in the NFL since December of 2012. We're one of 28 NFL teams (including the Chiefs) with 2 or more road losses so far. I guess 28 NFL teams don't play well on the road and only 4 do.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Are you familiar with the injuries in their LB corps? What's the situation there?

Wagner has been banged up, he's questionable and just started running again this week with his toe injury.

Chancellor has been out as well, he will probably play against us though as he was close to coming back last week. He had a groin injury.

Malcolm Smith has been out the past 2 weeks with the same groin injury.

My guess is that both he and Chancellor end up playing this week but Wagner will be out.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Since December of 2012:
Seahawks record away from CenturyLink: 10-4 (12-5 including playoffs)

We are definitely a bit better at home, but we play great on the road as well.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 02:03 AM
We play fine on the road, we've been one of the if not the best road team in the NFL since December of 2012. We're one of 28 NFL teams (including the Chiefs) with 2 or more road losses so far. I guess 28 NFL teams don't play well on the road and only 4 do.

Yeah, compare our road games to yours. We won against 3 playoff contenders who had strong defenses (before the injury bug bit the Chargers)on the road and both the Bills and Dolphins are still as good as it gets on defense.

You beat the Redskins and Panthers but lost to the Rams and Chargers.

Somehow that doesn't really stack up with your statement that you're just as good on the road.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 02:12 AM
Yeah, compare our road games to yours. We won against 3 playoff contenders who had strong defenses (before the injury bug bit the Chargers)on the road and both the Bills and Dolphins are still as good as it gets on defense.

You beat the Redskins and Panthers but lost to the Rams and Chargers.

Somehow that doesn't really stack up with your statement that you're just as good on the road.

If we beat you in your house, what will you say then? That we still aren't as good. We dominated the Rams the entire 2nd half of that game, if not for 3 huge special teams plays we win. I just find it hilarious the opposing fanbases literal obsession with saying we suck on the road, it's so funny.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2014, 02:13 AM
The only thing I'd worry about is we probably got beat to hell against Buffalo.

Gonna be rough coming home just to face Seattle, who is equally rough.

Fortunately we aren't gonna be looking ahead to Oakland.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 02:18 AM
If we beat you in your house, what will you say then? That we still aren't as good. We dominated the Rams the entire 2nd half of that game, if not for 3 huge special teams plays we win. I just find it hilarious the opposing fanbases literal obsession with saying we suck on the road, it's so funny.

You literally said it's dumb for Broncos fans to make excuses when they lose.

You just made one for the Seahawks.

Physician, heal thyself.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 02:19 AM
The only thing I'd worry about is we probably got beat to hell against Buffalo.

Gonna be rough coming home just to face Seattle, who is equally rough.

Fortunately we aren't gonna be looking ahead to Oakland.

Half our defensive starters playing 70 snaps against Buffalo.

That is a legit concern.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 02:20 AM

Physician, heal thyself.

It's a little different in a 28-26 game than 43-8.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 02:21 AM
We JUST need the team (defense, in particular) to tough it out against the Seahawks.

We can sleepwalk against the Raiders on Thursday night, and take a half-bye leading up to the Broncos.

This game is huge, and gets us the driver's seat in the Wild Card race if we win it.

Assuming both Raiders games are wins, that's 9 victories, with four more chances for a 10th.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 02:22 AM
It's a little different in a 28-26 game than 43-8.

So it's not the excuses you mind. It's when the excuses, in your opinion, don't properly compensate for a loss.

Otherwise, excuses are perfectly fine.

Is that an accurate summary of your point of view.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 02:23 AM
So it's not the excuses you mind. It's when the excuses, in your opinion, don't properly compensate for a loss.

Your city hasn't won shit in 30 years and your sports team are garbage. Any excuses?

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Your city hasn't won shit in 30 years and your sports team are garbage. Any excuses?

That's not an answer to my question:

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 02:27 AM
That's not an answer to my question:

Fine then we lost to the Rams, no excuses. If we beat you this week in a close game, there will be excuses made just like any other fanbase. My point was that excuses sound hilarious in a 35 point beatdown compared to a 2-point nailbiter.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 02:27 AM
Fine then we lost to the Rams, no excuses.

I'd tell that to the guy moments ago who made an excuse.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 02:32 AM
I'd tell that to the guy moments ago who made an excuse.

You want a cookie or something?

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Sorry I'm speaking to the almighty "I've never made an excuse my entire life" Direckshun

Hammock Parties
11-12-2014, 02:39 AM
Sorry I'm speaking to the almighty "I've never made an excuse my entire life" Direckshun

Shut up n00b. Do you even know who Dave Krieg is? That was the last time we were scared of the Seahawks.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 02:40 AM

I'm just a stickler for intellectual honesty.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 02:53 AM
Shut up n00b. Do you even know who Dave Krieg is? That was the last time we were scared of the Seahawks.

Yeah I know who he is, but he was the QB of the Seahawks before I was born. I mostly know the Kitna-Dilfer-Hasselbeck-Jackson and now Wilson era.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 02:57 AM
Half our defensive starters playing 70 snaps against Buffalo.

That is a legit concern.

At least we won't have to worry about the offensive line being worn out. Half of the time that they were in, they didn't block anyone.LMAO

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 02:59 AM

If you beat us then kudos to you. Your first quality road win of the season.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 03:54 AM
First Harvin-gate, now this.

This Seahawks organization is in turmoil.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/11/11/7199151/seahawks-impersonate-mascot-issue-false

Seahawks force live bird mascot to apologize for being a bird
By Seth Rosenthal @seth_rosenthal
on Nov 11 2014, 6:04p

On Sunday, Taima, the Seahawks' live mascot, flew away and landed on a couple fans in the crowd (http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/11/9/7183147/the-seahawks-live-hawk-mascot-flew-away-landed-on-a-fan). No harm was done to man or birdkind, but the team felt it necessary to apologize:

Seattle Seahawks @Seahawks
Statement from Taima (the Seahawk) regarding the pregame incident of 11.9.14:
3:50 PM - 11 Nov 2014

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2MSQvWIAAEFoZ3.jpg

I KNOW TAIMA DIDN'T WRITE THAT. Or if Taima did write that, it was under duress from upper management.

How dare you, Seattle!? First you have a buzzard from a far-off land (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augur_buzzard) pose as a Seahawk, then you have the nerve to speak for it after a perfectly understandable jaunt into the crowd to be among the people? TAIMA JUST WANTED TO WATCH THE DAMN GAME:

Brian Tom @BrianTom
So the Seahawks flew away from its handler and landed on the lady next to me!! See!!
3:06 PM - 9 Nov 2014

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2B079JIUAAGIoo.jpg

A bird doesn't have to apologize for being a bird. Do you, Taima.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 04:30 AM
My thoughts on the game:

I actually hate this game. I really do.

I think the Chiefs basically broke themselves during the Bills game. 70 snaps for half the starters on defense is unsustainable. We're going to pay a price for that.

The price is losing to a Seahawks team we're better than. We're better than them except in their run game. They are one of the league's best, and we're one of the worst at defending it.

That's normally just a setback, but against the Seahawks, that's EVERYTHING. Unlike almost every other team, they will run the ball 40 times if they feel like it. They feel no obligation to "balance."

So one of two things will happen: Sutton will finally give Vickerson and Mays the snaps we need from them, or he'll stick with his dogma, play a ton in dime with Bailey instead of Vickerson, and we'll lose 33 to 20.

My guess is the latter.

Thoughts?

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 05:20 AM
My thoughts on the game:

Thoughts?

Their OC is a bit like Reid. Some games he gets carried away with the passing game and forgets to give Lynch 20+ carries in the game. I expect this game to be the one where Howard, Vickerson, and Walker get their most playing time. Mays should be heavily involved as well.

This game might end up looking like the 2nd half of the 49ers game on defense though. Getting gashed badly by the run and not being able to do anything to stop it.

It will likely fall on the offense to start fast and force the Seahawks into a pass heavy game.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 05:51 AM
The Seahawks won a Super Bowl. They don't give two shits if you get up early.

They trust the defense to adjust, and they'll run 50 times if that's what it takes to win in 60 minutes.

They're not going to abandon the run game unless we're blowing them out Patriots-on-MNF style.

I like us to stop their pass, I like us to both run and pass on them with a fair amount of success. I like that it's on the home field, and our passrush against mobile QBs has been money all season.

But that run game is built to break this defense down, and the Seahawks will run 80% of the time if they feel like it.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 05:53 AM
I'll say this.

****IF**** Sutton shows the dexterity to play more base defense, and/or feature more Vickerson and Mays, then I reserve the right to change my tune.

But it can't be business as usual against this offense. They're not the kind of offense that's built for what we specialize in stopping.

Mav
11-12-2014, 06:21 AM
My thoughts on the game:

Thoughts?
Alex Smith has an outstanding record against the seahawks. The last game alex Smith played against them he utilized stuff over the middle in the second half and the seahawks couldn't stop him.

That is still their weakness.

The chiefs will win this game.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 06:52 AM
Alex Smith has an outstanding record against the seahawks. The last game alex Smith played against them he utilized stuff over the middle in the second half and the seahawks couldn't stop him.

That is still their weakness.

The chiefs will win this game.

I know you're intimately familiar, thanks.

Were the Seahawks the ground game juggernaut they are now?

Mav
11-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Were the Seahawks the ground game juggernaut they are now?
Yes, but that 49ers defense was ferocious. But again, the offense was able to win t.o.p.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Yes, but that 49ers defense was ferocious. But again, the offense was able to win t.o.p.

I love the Chiefs defense, but it is not that 49ers defense. You couldn't run on that defense. You can gash the Chiefs.

I'm not worried about Smith putting up points -- assuming we can get their offense off the field. I'm worried about the Seahawks running the ball 45 times.

lcarus
11-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Stop "beast mode" and we win. Easier said than done.

I'm ready to see DeAnthony Thomas get more looks in the offense. They always have a play or two drawn up for him in the first quarter and then he disappears for the most part. I know they kinda used him as a decoy later in the Buffalo game for Jamaal (which was a brilliant play) but him and Kelce need more balls in their hands.

11-12-2014, 07:45 AM
I would love to see the Chiefs get through another game without giving up a rushing TD.

Rausch
11-12-2014, 07:46 AM
I would love to see the Chiefs get through another game without giving up a rushing TD.

If we can do that we win...

11-12-2014, 07:47 AM

absofuckinglutely

Sandy Vagina
11-12-2014, 07:48 AM
My thoughts on the game:

Thoughts?
I love the Chiefs defense, but it is not that 49ers defense. You couldn't run on that defense. You can gash the Chiefs.

I'm not worried about Smith putting up points -- assuming we can get their offense off the field. I'm worried about the Seahawks running the ball 45 times.

No reason to get complacent against any opponent.. but I think you may be building up into a higher than necessary level of anxiety over this one.

KC run defense can be much better just getting JMJ off of the field. I have to think Mays will get lots of snaps this Sunday, and be hungry for contact. Also that he, Mauga, Poe, and Berry should be able to make our run D more respectable. Add in a rotation with Vickerson, Walker, and Howard on run downs.. and guys can stay fresh enough.

KC needs to focus most on 3 things..

(1) offensive TOP.. which seems to be their goal every week... limit those Hawks O-snaps.
(2) keying in on stuffing the RBs, duh...
(3) discipline! must exercise discipline on the rollouts and PA passes.

Like someone else stated... this feels like a game that KC will either
scrape out a FG win or loss... or a game that KC wins comfortably by 2+ scores.

Rausch
11-12-2014, 07:54 AM
I don't feel as bad this week as I did about the Bills game.

We need all the AFC wins we can get.

No one is going to give up hope if we lose to Seattle. We all know what they are capable of on a good day. No shame in that, should it happen.

And lastly it's an NFC team. You never want to lose but at least it's not hurting us beyond a L come the tie breakers.

After this week we play 5 of 6 vs. the AFC.

4 of those 6 are AFCW games...

Archie F. Swin
11-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Is FOX or CBS carrying the game?

Rausch
11-12-2014, 08:01 AM

Yes...

lcarus
11-12-2014, 08:02 AM

Fox

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 08:08 AM

Yup.

Big if, though.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 08:12 AM
No reason to get complacent against any opponent.. but I think you may be building up into a higher than necessary level of anxiety over this one.

KC run defense can be much better just getting JMJ off of the field. I have to think Mays will get lots of snaps this Sunday, and be hungry for contact. Also that he, Mauga, Poe, and Berry should be able to make our run D more respectable. Add in a rotation with Vickerson, Walker, and Howard on run downs.. and guys can stay fresh enough.

Bailey needs to have his snaps, limited, too. He can make plays but is otherwise a liability against the run.

Rausch
11-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Bailey needs to have his snaps, limited, too. He can make plays but is otherwise a liability against the run.

2 down player.

I love him rushing the passer...

Sandy Vagina
11-12-2014, 08:14 AM

True Story. I believe it was a late 3rd Q drive by the Bills... but my eyes popped open wide as I saw #60 (LG, I think) lift and shove Bailey on his back for a large run gain.

One play is one play... but still.. no doubt that Bailey's run D is not his forte.

RunKC
11-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Stack the fucking front 7.

Poe, Bailey, Houston, Tamba, Walker, Berry, Muaga, and Mays.

Not scared of their receivers at all. Stopping Lynch gives us a 75% chance to win. If not just limit him.
Hope they are telling them to tackle him low bc we aren't bringing that guy down head on.

On offense we need to get Kelce and DAT involved as much as possible.

milkman
11-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Chiefs run the ball, and contain Lynch.

This is the game that idiots recognize Berry's value.

philfree
11-12-2014, 01:56 PM
How do the Chickens fair in cold snowy weather? I know some people don't put much stock in home field advantage but I think it's going to be huge this Sunday.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 02:05 PM
How do the Chickens fair in cold snowy weather? I know some people don't put much stock in home field advantage but I think it's going to be huge this Sunday.

You know it gets cold and snows in Seattle too right?

RealSNR
11-12-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't feel as bad this week as I did about the Bills game.

We need all the AFC wins we can get.

No one is going to give up hope if we lose to Seattle. We all know what they are capable of on a good day. No shame in that, should it happen.

And lastly it's an NFC team. You never want to lose but at least it's not hurting us beyond a L come the tie breakers.

After this week we play 5 of 6 vs. the AFC.

4 of those 6 are AFCW games...

And 2 of those 4 AFCW games are against the Raiders

ChiefRocka
11-12-2014, 02:36 PM
stay the fuck home.

Easy 6
11-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Stack the ****ing front 7.

Poe, Bailey, Houston, Tamba, Walker, Berry, Muaga, and Mays.

Not scared of their receivers at all. Stopping Lynch gives us a 75% chance to win. If not just limit him.
Hope they are telling them to tackle him low bc we aren't bringing that guy down head on.

On offense we need to get Kelce and DAT involved as much as possible.

Swap out Walker for Vickerson and I'm with you.

RealSNR
11-12-2014, 02:47 PM

I don't think the Chiefs have the kind of team who can come back from 28 down in the 3rd quarter.

But 10 points is nothing. Just gotta execute, and considering the opposing defense is usually worn out a bit on run defense in the 4th quarter, that makes things exceptionally easier.

Easy 6
11-12-2014, 02:54 PM

Physician, heal thyself.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
11-12-2014, 03:00 PM
But 10 points is nothing. Just gotta execute, and considering the opposing defense is usually worn out a bit on run defense in the 4th quarter, that makes things exceptionally easier.

Maybe, but this feels like the first time we've come back from 10 down with Alex at QB.

Could be wrong but that's what it feels like. Which explains my raging Chiefs boner.

ModSocks
11-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Fox

ughhhhh

I can't stand Fox. Their telecasts seem like poverty HD and their broadcasting crews are horrible.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 04:34 PM
SEATTLE OFFENSE: I joked about Russell Wilson being fat and lazy after playing baseball in my NFL Power Rankings, but there has seriously been something wrong with him recently. He's still picking up decent yardage on the ground - and I expect him to continue to do so - but he missed several scoring opportunities at Carolina; he didn't even complete half of his passes against the lowly Raiders; and he tossed two bad interceptions against the Giants. The kicker is that Wilson barely got by Oakland and New York despite playing at home, where he was dominant prior to this season.

Part of the problem has been pass protection. The offensive line has done a poor job of shielding Wilson, and that will be an issue against Kansas City's pass rush. The Chiefs are tied for fourth in sacks with 28, so Wilson will continue to be under duress.

Luckily for Wilson, he can just have Marshawn Lynch do most of the work again. Lynch scored a quartet of touchdowns against New York, and he could match that total in this contest, given that the Chiefs have one of the league's worst run defenses. Only the Giants surrender more yards per carry.

KANSAS CITY OFFENSE: The Seahawks suffered a blow when they lost Brandon Mebane for the season. Already missing Bobby Wagner, the Seahawks are now pretty soft on the interior, which could allow Jamaal Charles to match Lynch's production. Buffalo's top-five ground defense couldn't handle Charles last week, so the hobbled Seahawks will have trouble containing him.

Mebane's absence will also affect the pass rush. Seattle amazingly has more sacks than just two teams this year (Falcons, Raiders), and it's hard to imagine it applying even less pressure on opposing quarterbacks. Alex Smith was under heavy siege last week, but he won't be so overwhelmed in this matchup.

The Legion of Boom hasn't been as potent without the defensive line hounding signal-callers, as it just allowed Odell Beckham to go off. Fortunately for Richard Sherman and his crew, they won't have to worry about the Kansas City wideouts doing anything. It's crazy, but Smith has yet to throw a touchdown to any of his receivers.

RECAP: The Chiefs are one of my two huge picks this week. Here's why:

1. This spread is short. Kansas City is a bit better than Seattle - especially when the Seahawks aren't at home - yet this spread isn't indicative of that. My calculated number is Chiefs -4.5, so we're getting good value with the host.

2. Speaking of the Seahawks being on the road, they aren't nearly the same team outside of their home stadium. They've already lost at San Diego and St. Louis, and they barely squeaked by a miserable Carolina team that has since gotten blown out against the Saints and Eagles.

3. The Seahawks may not even be focused for this game. That's because they have the Cardinals and 49ers after this contest. Thus, this matchup doesn't mean much to them because they'll be fine for the playoffs if they beat both of their divisional rivals.

4. The Chiefs, meanwhile, will take this game very seriously. This is their big chance to prove to everyone that they are for real. Knocking off the defending Super Bowl champs would be a huge statement.

5. The public is all over Seattle, while the sharps have bet this from Chiefs +1 to Chiefs -2. Fortunately, pick 'em is still available at Bovada, so I'm going to lock that in right now for five units.

The Psychology. Edge: Chiefs.
The Seahawks have the Cardinals and 49ers after this contest, while this is a big statement game for the Chiefs.

The Vegas. Edge: Chiefs.
No surprise that there's so much action on the Seahawks.
• Percentage of money on Seattle: 75% (6,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Chiefs.
• Seahawks are 22-34 ATS on the road since 2006 if they're not coming off an away loss.
• Andy Reid is 14-19 ATS vs. non-conference opponents as a favorite since 2002.

Week 11 NFL Pick: Chiefs 26, Seahawks 20

Well alright there.

This about matches my prediction, except for the final score.

Chiefs are better everywhere, except that run game. I'm far more skeptical of it than everybody else seems to be. Also I think the team is due for a letdown after half the defense played 70 snaps this past week.

MagicHef
11-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Maybe, but this feels like the first time we've come back from 10 down with Alex at QB.

Could be wrong but that's what it feels like. Which explains my raging Chiefs boner.

You are correct. The Chiefs have fallen behind by 10 or more in 6 games over the past 2 seasons:

vs Colts
vs Titans
All 3 games vs Broncos
vs Bills

This is the first one KC has won.

Easy 6
11-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Well alright there.

This about matches my prediction, except for the final score.

Chiefs are better everywhere, except that run game. I'm far more skeptical of it than everybody else seems to be. Also I think the team is due for a letdown after half the defense played 70 snaps this past week.

I'm particularly fond of numbers 3 and 4 on that list, definite factors.

philfree
11-12-2014, 06:03 PM
You know it gets cold and snows in Seattle too right?

Yeah but it's not like KC though. When I was there it just rained a lot.

Titty Meat
11-12-2014, 06:03 PM

Yeah they've been great against the run since he came back. Def. worth 11 mil.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 06:14 PM

Yeah, Berry helped so much in the run game against the Bills. They only went for 5 YPC against us.:doh!:

Chiefs Pantalones
11-12-2014, 06:15 PM
It's supposed to be in the 20s and slight chance of snow on Sunday.

Sandy Vagina
11-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Berry helped so much in the run game against the Bills. They only went for 5 YPC against us.:doh!:

JMJ says hello, you seem nice. :p

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 06:26 PM
JMJ says hello, you seem nice. :p

Yes, JMJ sucks at run defense, but his claim that Berry would instantly improve the run defense isn't showing up on the stats chart.

ThaVirus
11-12-2014, 06:33 PM
And it may never. We seemed to be keeping Berry deep a lot more often in the Bills game than I can remember. Abdullah seemed to replace his role in the box.

Rams Fan
11-12-2014, 06:35 PM

It's funny how you make excuses for the Seahawks losing yet don't give any credit to the Rams. Go swallow a lollipop made of Matt Hasselbeck's tears, champ.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 06:37 PM
And it may never. We seemed to be keeping Berry deep a lot more often in the Bills game than I can remember. Abdullah seemed to replace his role in the box.

Likely trying to keep the impacts at a minimum while Berry continues to get back to full strength.

BamBamKam
11-12-2014, 06:45 PM
It's funny how you make excuses for the Seahawks losing yet don't give any credit to the Rams. Go swallow a lollipop made of Matt Hasselbeck's tears, champ.

A Rams fan talking? LOL, Come back when you can actually post a winning record.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Yes, JMJ sucks at run defense, but his claim that Berry would instantly improve the run defense isn't showing up on the stats chart.

Chiefs are playing Berry deep right now, predominantly in quarters or the Cover 2.