PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Strength of schedule - playoff hunt

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2014, 04:16 AM
The chiefs' final stretch will be brutal. Good news is, our competition (most of which, in my opinion, have had it easy) are going to have a bit of a knife fight.

Here's how many games these teams have left against over. 500 teams:
Browns - 4
Bills - 5
Bengals - 4
Steelers - 4 + bye
Dolphins - 4
Ravens - 4 + bye
Chargers - 5

I think Browns cruise in based on their schedule. Then again... They're the Browns. That leaves two in the afc North. Dolphins also have a relatively easy road. Then again, they're also a game behind.

Bengals and steelers play each other twice, which means there's two losses between the two of them. Bengals schedule isn't too bad but they're in an interesting situation where they are one game plus a tie behind. Otherwise, their remaining schedules aren't too difficult. Bills and chargers are in for a knife fight the remaining 5 games.

I still believe the afc North is not battle tested. They have a bunch of over. 500 teams but they've looked lousy outside of divisional games. If the Chiefs finish about 4-3 the rest of the way, I could see the final wild card field being Chiefs and Dolphins with Cleveland winning the north.

Direckshun
11-11-2014, 05:15 AM
10-6 gets us in this year.

We've got the tiebreaker with the Dolphins and Bills. And there aren't going to be three teams in the AFC North going 10-6 or better.

9-7 probably gets us in. 10-6 is a slam dunk.

11-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Fuck the wild card. The division is still in our grasp.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2014, 05:45 AM
**** the wild card. The division is still in our grasp.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting with 7 games left and one out, that this thread was tapping out on the divisional race.

Coochie liquor
11-11-2014, 06:17 AM
The league won't let the Chiefs overthrow the Dungkeys for the division. They really want to give Peyton a good shot at a SB and WC birth isn't the way. Look for lots of non called holds and pick plays.

11-11-2014, 06:23 AM
The league won't let the Chiefs overthrow the Dungkeys for the division. They really want to give Peyton a good shot at a SB and WC birth isn't the way. Look for lots of non called holds and pick plays.

We just agreed to take a home game to London. The league will benefit us now. :thumb:

WhawhaWhat
11-11-2014, 07:19 AM

Chiefs vs Colts in the Wildcard round again is too good of a story for the NFL to pass up.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Browns a slam dunk ROFL ROFL

Wallcrawler
11-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Dolphins are going to be a different team without Branden Albert. Say what you want about the dude, but he was solid in pass protection. His knee got 31 flavors of wrecked last Sunday.

Tannehill is a very different QB under pressure, let alone pressure from his blind side.

Eleazar
11-11-2014, 07:36 AM
It seems like a rare thing that 9 wins gets you in, and I don't expect this year will be any different.

beach tribe
11-11-2014, 07:47 AM
It seems like a rare thing that 9 wins gets you in, and I don't expect this year will be any different.

Not rare at all.

MotherfuckerJones
11-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Bills and Dolphins play Thursday. So one of them will have a 5th loss and is all but done because we have the tie breaker with both. That loss against KC made Buffalo number 10 in the AFC. That was a brutal loss for them. Winner Thursday stays alive.

Chargers have a tough road ahead after losing 3 straight. They should win their next two and stay alive.

Pittsburgh has a somewhat easier schedule. Theyre Jekyll and Hyde so we'll see how they finish. I expect them to get to 10 wins.

The Browns have a softer schedule. HOU, BUF, ATL, CIN, IND, CAR and BAL. Their defense is legit and they get Josh Gordon back. We'll see if he can stay on the field but getting him and Cameron back will make them dangers (can't believe I'm saying it, Mav).

Ravens, lastly, have to go to NO, MIA, HOU. They have SD, JAX and CLE at home. AFC North will beat up on each other during the last 6 weeks.

I expect the 2nd place AFC north team to be the wild card along with KC.

Three7s
11-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Bills and Dolphins play Thursday. So one of them will have a 5th loss and is all but done because we have the tie breaker with both. That loss against KC made Buffalo number 10 in the AFC. That was a brutal loss for them. Winner Thursday stays alive.

Chargers have a tough road ahead after losing 3 straight. They should win their next two and stay alive.

Pittsburgh has a somewhat easier schedule. Theyre Jekyll and Hyde so we'll see how they finish. I expect them to get to 10 wins.

The Browns have a softer schedule. HOU, BUF, ATL, CIN, IND, CAR and BAL. Their defense is legit and they get Josh Gordon back. We'll see if he can stay on the field but getting him and Cameron back will make them dangers (can't believe I'm saying it, Mav).

Ravens, lastly, have to go to NO, MIA, HOU. They have SD, JAX and CLE at home. AFC North will beat up on each other during the last 6 weeks.

I expect the 2nd place AFC north team to be the wild card along with KC.
Yeah, at this point, I think it's gonna be Den/Indy/Cle/NE as your division winners. KC/Pit get the wild card spots.

MotherfuckerJones
11-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah, at this point, I think it's gonna be Den/Indy/Cle/NE as your division winners. KC/Pit get the wild card spots.

Ya, even though Cleveland is Cleveland, their defense is legit. Now they get Gordon and Cameron back soon. Look out. I'm skeptical of their QB but Gordon is a beast.

WhawhaWhat
11-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Ya, even though Cleveland is Cleveland, their defense is legit. Now they get Gordon and Cameron back soon. Look out. I'm skeptical of their QB but Gordon is a beast.

Johnny Football is ready to save the day.

Direckshun
11-11-2014, 08:33 AM

In the last three years (what I'd consider to be the most relevant timeframe), 9-7 gets you in as a Wild Card 2/3s of the time if you're not winning your division.

Mr. Plow
11-11-2014, 08:36 AM
We just agreed to take a home game to London.

Ugh.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Browns a slam dunk ROFL ROFL
The Browns are the Browns. But they have a really easy schedule and the rest of their division is grossly overrated. The Bengals will fizzle. I don't think the Ravens are consistently good enough with the schedule they have left. And who knows about Pittsburgh... Biggest jekyll and Hyde team of the year.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Dolphins are going to be a different team without Branden Albert. Say what you want about the dude, but he was solid in pass protection. His knee got 31 flavors of wrecked last Sunday.

Tannehill is a very different QB under pressure, let alone pressure from his blind side.
I agree, but their remaining schedule is one of the easiest.

RealSNR
11-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I thought it was interesting with 7 games left and one out, that this thread was tapping out on the divisional race.

If we win out, the division is ours, but I find that extremely unlikely to happen.

And who knows when Denver might pick up another loss. And that's IF they pick up another loss besides @KC, that is.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2014, 04:35 PM
If we win out, the division is ours, but I find that extremely unlikely to happen.

And who knows when Denver might pick up another loss. And that's IF they pick up another loss besides @KC, that is.
Sadly, our competition for wild card is the afc North, who I think are benefiting off of a division where everyone sucks equally. Or the afc East, a division kc has already swept.

It's one thing that drives me nuts in years like this where you have so many teams who are flat out terrible. Too many teams benefiting off paper schedules.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2014, 04:49 PM
There are 7 games left, anything can happen.

It's interesting, of the 16 teams in the AFC - KC is currently slotted in as the 5th seed with 6 wins. Positions 6 through 11 (six teams) also have 6 and 5 wins.

It's going to be a race, for sure. The AFC North is all knotted up with three 6 win teams and one 5 win team. The East has two 5 win teams and the West has 6 win KC and 5 win SD.

I think the Dolphins, Bills and Chargers fade out over the next 3-4 games. Leaving the WC slots for the North and someone from the AFCW.

After last week and the way the played, I say scratch off Cincy. They still have the Saints, Denver and two games vs PIT. Cincy just doesn't have it this year.

I think that leaves us with NEP set up to win the EAST, Colts win the SOUTH.

The final 4 slots fall to: (2 Div winners / 2 WCs)

Denver - STL / MIA / KC / BUF / SD / CIN / OAK
KC - SEA / OAK / DEN / AZ / OAK / PIT / SD
CLE - HOU / ATL / BUF / IND / CIN / CAR / BAL
PIT - TN / NOS / CIN / ATL / KC / CIN
BAL - NOS / SD / MIA / JAX / HOU / CLE

Browns have to be the least viable of the 5 remaining. They aren't a great team, but have done well

I think Baltimore has the best path at this point. But, looking at the schedule, I think CLE loses 3-4 of those games.

Meaning - DEN, KC, PIT and BAL join NEP and IND in the playoffs.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2014, 04:57 PM
There are 7 games left, anything can happen.

It's interesting, of the 16 teams in the AFC - KC is currently slotted in as the 5th seed with 6 wins. Positions 6 through 11 (six teams) also have 6 and 5 wins.

It's going to be a race, for sure. The AFC North is all knotted up with three 6 win teams and one 5 win team. The East has two 5 win teams and the West has 6 win KC and 5 win SD.

I think the Dolphins, Bills and Chargers fade out over the next 3-4 games. Leaving the WC slots for the North and someone from the AFCW.

After last week and the way the played, I say scratch off Cincy. They still have the Saints, Denver and two games vs PIT. Cincy just doesn't have it this year.

I think that leaves us with NEP set up to win the EAST, Colts win the SOUTH.

The final 4 slots fall to: (2 Div winners / 2 WCs)

Denver - STL / MIA / KC / BUF / SD / CIN / OAK
KC - SEA / OAK / DEN / AZ / OAK / PIT / SD
CLE - HOU / ATL / BUF / IND / CIN / CAR / BAL
PIT - TN / NOS / CIN / ATL / KC / CIN
BAL - NOS / SD / MIA / JAX / HOU / CLE

Browns have to be the least viable of the 5 remaining. They aren't a great team, but have done well

I think Baltimore has the best path at this point. But, looking at the schedule, I think CLE loses 3-4 of those games.

Meaning - DEN, KC, PIT and BAL join NEP and IND in the playoffs.
I don't agree. I think Baltimore is the least viable. The afc North has all above 500 records because they have essentially beat up a bunch of lightweights, and they beat each other up in a division with no clear heavyweight. I think each of those teams will be exposed once they start playing real games outside their division.

Baltimore has the toughest schedule so I think they'll be most exposed . I underestimated how lousy Pittsburghs schedule is, so agree, they're the favorite to win the afc North even though I think the Browns may be better.

Kc schedule is on pay with the rest of the 5 you showed there. The difference is, Denver and kc are the only that are battle tested to handle it. Plus kc has at least one game up on each of those teams. You forgot Miami, by the way. Even though they don't have Albert, their remaining schedule is a cakewalk. Buffalo and San Diego, I agree, will fade because of their schedule.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2014, 05:01 PM
How many times have we beaten Peyton Manning?

Ever?

i mean EVER?

once during his entire career

That's why people are thinking wildcard.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't agree. I think Baltimore is the least viable. The afc North has all above 500 records because they have essentially beat up a bunch of lightweights, and they beat each other up in a division with no clear heavyweight. I think each of those teams will be exposed once they start playing real games outside their division.

Baltimore has the toughest schedule so I think they'll be most exposed . I underestimated how lousy Pittsburghs schedule is, so agree, they're the favorite to win the afc North even though I think the Browns may be better.

Kc schedule is on pay with the rest of the 5 you showed there. The difference is, Denver and kc are the only that are battle tested to handle it. Plus kc has at least one game up on each of those teams. You forgot Miami, by the way. Even though they don't have Albert, their remaining schedule is a cakewalk. Buffalo and San Diego, I agree, will fade because of their schedule.

I didn't forget Miami, said they'd fade out with the Bills and Chargers over the next 3-4 weeks.

BAL - @NOS / SD / @MIA / JAX / @HOU / CLE

Not sure what I'm missing... that doesn't look daunting.

chiefzilla1501
11-11-2014, 05:13 PM
I didn't forget Miami, said they'd fade out with the Bills and Chargers over the next 3-4 weeks.

BAL - @NOS / SD / @MIA / JAX / @HOU / CLE

Not sure what I'm missing... that doesn't look daunting.
The Ravens won two games in week 2 and 3 against Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Two teams who have dramatically improved throughout the season. Who have they beaten since that gives you any confidence they can beat any of those teams, except Jacksonville?

The reason I call it a daunting schedule is that, as I said before, I think the afc North will be exposed once they start playing games out of division.

I listed Miami because they have 3 gimme games - 2 vs the jets, 1 vs the vikings, plus I think they can easily beat Baltimore. That gets them to 9 wins, which may be more than enough.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2014, 05:36 PM
The Ravens won two games in week 2 and 3 against Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Two teams who have dramatically improved throughout the season. Who have they beaten since that gives you any confidence they can beat any of those teams, except Jacksonville?

The reason I call it a daunting schedule is that, as I said before, I think the afc North will be exposed once they start playing games out of division.

I listed Miami because they have 3 gimme games - 2 vs the jets, 1 vs the vikings, plus I think they can easily beat Baltimore. That gets them to 9 wins, which may be more than enough.

I guess I don't view Miami as being consistently good enough to have 'gimme games', even against the Jets.

Red Dawg
11-11-2014, 05:47 PM
The way I see it we need 10 to get in. We should beat Oakland twice bring us up to 8. I think SD can be beat again giving us 9. That means if we beat Seattle it would mean alot. Beating Denver and Cards is a longer shot.

Pitt is a crap shoot.

11-11-2014, 05:52 PM
stop conceding the division. JFC

the next 3 weeks will tell us what we need to know.

Mile High Mania
11-11-2014, 05:53 PM

I think they want you to just crown 'em.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2014, 06:00 PM

This. The team already proved they can go toe to toe with anyone including Denver in Pile High

11-11-2014, 06:01 PM
I think they want you to just crown 'em.

sure seems that way.

RealSNR
11-11-2014, 06:16 PM
We're fucking beating Denver when they come to Arrowhead.

It's going to happen. There's no way Arrowhead lets us down for that. Not with the way we're playing right now.

Mav
11-13-2014, 08:36 AM

You are skeptical of a qb who has been without his all pro center, receiver, and pro bowl tight end?

Hoyer is the LEAST of the Browns problems. Without him they are 2-7 at best.

Mav
11-13-2014, 08:40 AM
The Browns are the Browns. But they have a really easy schedule and the rest of their division is grossly overrated. The Bengals will fizzle. I don't think the Ravens are consistently good enough with the schedule they have left. And who knows about Pittsburgh... Biggest jekyll and Hyde team of the year.

This is the worst take on the Browns I have ever seen.

If anything, this browns team is ANYTHING but the Browns.

This team is a lot like KC, especially on offense. But, they just don't quit coming at you.

There are two teams you damn sure wouldn't want to face in the playoffs in the AFC to me.

That's the Chiefs and Browns. Because you will look up and be like, wow, the Chiefs/ Browns, THATS FAVORABLE, then the 4th quarter comes along and you are fighting for your life going WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED.

Bob Dole
11-13-2014, 08:43 AM
We're ****ing beating Denver when they come to Arrowhead.

It's going to happen. There's no way Arrowhead lets us down for that. Not with the way we're playing right now.

We should. We were an Andy Reid brain cramp away from stealing one in their house.

Mav
11-13-2014, 08:45 AM
We should. We were an Andy Reid brain cramp away from stealing one in their house.

and an andy reid period cramp away from winning at San Francisco.

Its not very often you can specifically point to one instance, and go, this cost us the game when it comes to coaching. But it is crystal clear that when andy gets too cute, the Chiefs lose.

chiefzilla1501
11-13-2014, 08:47 AM
This is the worst take on the Browns I have ever seen.

If anything, this browns team is ANYTHING but the Browns.

This team is a lot like KC, especially on offense. But, they just don't quit coming at you.

There are two teams you damn sure wouldn't want to face in the playoffs in the AFC to me.

That's the Chiefs and Browns. Because you will look up and be like, wow, the Chiefs/ Browns, THATS FAVORABLE, then the 4th quarter comes along and you are fighting for your life going WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED.
Because... Chiefs
Because... Browns
Because... Indians
Because... Cavs

This wasn't a dig on Cleveland. I think they're the toughest team in the north. Hey, I really like the Chiefs too but even if they're better, am prepared for a disappointing loss. Because... Chiefs.

The Browns are the only team in football with a more disappointing history than the Chiefs.

Mav
11-13-2014, 08:51 AM
Because... Chiefs
Because... Browns
Because... Indians
Because... Cavs

This wasn't a dig on Cleveland. I think they're the toughest team in the north. Hey, I really like the Chiefs too but even if they're better, am prepared for a disappointing loss. Because... Chiefs.

The Browns are the only team in football with a more disappointing history than the Chiefs.

But that's the problem isn't it Chiefzilla?

These aren't my grandpa's browns, no more than these are your daddys Chiefs, (if he were a chiefs fan that is). There have been several years that we have said, SAME OL BROWNS, the mistake by the lake, hell all off season I was crushing them, and there were a lot of us wondering if they were going to get shipped to Los Angeles because of the shitty way the owner had been running them.

These teams are NOT what they have been, and yeah, thanks for reminding me of how shitty my history has been. Sighs..........

LOL. My point is, its a brand new day, and now when I read Because Chiefs, or the same ol browns, I just roll my eyes and go "yup, absolutely. Dumbass."

splatbass
11-13-2014, 08:54 AM

You and RamsJacksonCrazyguy should get a room.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2014, 08:55 AM
How many times have we beaten Peyton Manning?

Ever?

i mean EVER?

once during his entire career

That's why people are thinking wildcard.

Chiefs have never had the D to do it. They do now.

chiefzilla1501
11-13-2014, 10:16 AM
But that's the problem isn't it Chiefzilla?

These aren't my grandpa's browns, no more than these are your daddys Chiefs, (if he were a chiefs fan that is). There have been several years that we have said, SAME OL BROWNS, the mistake by the lake, hell all off season I was crushing them, and there were a lot of us wondering if they were going to get shipped to Los Angeles because of the shitty way the owner had been running them.

These teams are NOT what they have been, and yeah, thanks for reminding me of how shitty my history has been. Sighs..........

LOL. My point is, its a brand new day, and now when I read Because Chiefs, or the same ol browns, I just roll my eyes and go "yup, absolutely. Dumbass."
I don't think there was a single person on chiefsplanet that just two scores into the Colts comeback rolled their eyes and said... "shit, well, we know where this is going."

The Chiefs lost a playoff game just last year where we had one of the most dominating first halves in playoff history. The Bengals have pumped out some really impressive regular season games only to not just lose, but get smoked at home in the playoffs.

Been a fan of the Chiefs and around Browns fans too long to know that these teams have an amazing ability to disappoint in the most bizarre of ways. So yeah... I think the Browns are a good team, but they're the Browns. I keep thinking and hoping that will change for the Chiefs and feel bad for the browns, but until it does? They'll find some way to fuck it up. Because... Chiefs. Because... Browns.

MagicHef
11-13-2014, 10:31 AM

It's funny how everyone here remembers KC driving down the field to turn the ball over on downs, but no one seems to remember the 2 overturned TOs on that very drive. A strip-sack overturned because Alex's hand happened to be moving forward when the ball popped out, and a pick 6 that was erased due to an unrelated penalty.

You guys had a lot of luck on your side in order to still lose.

jLoy88
11-13-2014, 11:38 AM
I predict Denver at Arrowhead decides the AFC West race. I have a weird feeling the Chiefs are gonna win against SEA, SD, and ARI which will make the Denver-KC game freakin epic.

Jimmya
11-13-2014, 11:43 AM
MagicHef has a valid point...we see what we want & only remember what we want. All bills fans are on their forums talking about how they really beat KC and Charger fans are also talking about how they let the game slip away. I still feel we are fighting for a wildcard and it will be tough to get in.

ChiefsChoke010414
11-13-2014, 11:45 AM
I really don't want to play the Colts again in the playoffs for the umpteenth time. Shit ain't funny anymore.

cj2wr
11-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Chiefs will play Denver 3 times this year. Book it

ThaVirus
11-13-2014, 12:24 PM
MagicHef has a valid point...we see what we want & only remember what we want. All bills fans are on their forums talking about how they really beat KC and Charger fans are also talking about how they let the game slip away. I still feel we are fighting for a wildcard and it will be tough to get in.

Eh, he said we were "lucky" that a turnover was overruled after admitting that Alex's hand was moving forward and it should have never been ruled a turnover on the field in the first place?

The pick 6 return is certainly lucky, as the Broncos were in the fact that we were inside the 5 yard line twice and didn't score either time. Those are two pretty flukey situations.

TEX
11-13-2014, 01:02 PM
I think Browns cruise in based on their schedule. Then again... They're the Browns.

LMAO

Mav
11-13-2014, 01:04 PM
It's funny how everyone here remembers KC driving down the field to turn the ball over on downs, but no one seems to remember the 2 overturned TOs on that very drive. A strip-sack overturned because Alex's hand happened to be moving forward when the ball popped out, and a pick 6 that was erased due to an unrelated penalty.

You guys had a lot of luck on your side in order to still lose.
Soooo, they weren't really turnovers?

So exactly what was your point? His arm WAS going forward, and there WAS a penalty, so really you didn't have a point. The chiefs still didn't score so did it matter? Nope.

I bet playing in kc soon makes you nervous.

MagicHef
11-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Eh, he said we were "lucky" that a turnover was overruled after admitting that Alex's hand was moving forward and it should have never been ruled a turnover on the field in the first place?

The pick 6 return is certainly lucky, as the Broncos were in the fact that we were inside the 5 yard line twice and didn't score either time. Those are two pretty flukey situations.

When it happens twice in one game, it's hard to call it a fluke.

MagicHef
11-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Soooo, they weren't really turnovers?

So exactly what was your point? His arm WAS going forward, and there WAS a penalty, so really you didn't have a point. The chiefs still didn't score so did it matter? Nope.

I bet playing in kc soon makes you nervous.

My point is that people saying the Chiefs "almost won" or "should have won" if something had gone their way are ignoring a lot of things that did go KC's way. If those had gone Denver's way, the game wouldn't have come down to a failed 4th down.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Chiefs will play Denver 3 times this year. Book it

Bring it.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2014, 01:13 PM
My point is that people saying the Chiefs "almost won" or "should have won" if something had gone their way are ignoring a lot of things that did go KC's way. If those had gone Denver's way, the game wouldn't have come down to a failed 4th down.

Things like that happen in every game... it's just part of it.

Mav
11-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Seems like both sides are playing the if game here......

Your point is fair.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Looks like Fisher is starting Shaun Hill at QB this week vs Denver... cool.

MotherfuckerJones
11-13-2014, 01:21 PM
MagicHef the ultimate troll.