PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kelce needs more touches

O.city
11-12-2014, 02:56 PM
People complaining he's not getting on the field. When he is, he's doing this. Pressure probably just a sec to quick as it looked like Smith was looking that way.

But, he's destroying DB's , Safeties and LB's. Get him the football.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LameSplendidBrahmanbull.gif

O.city
11-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Would have liked to see Kelce split the safeties there with a big post play too.

scho63
11-12-2014, 03:01 PM
This topic has been addressed 1,000 times and we ALL agree that Kelce is being underutilized. It's discussed in nearly every thread about our offense, the last game, how to improve, Alex Smith, our weapons, how to increase scoring, what we should do to raise the bar, etc etc etc etc......

ILChief
11-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Well Fasano didn't practice today

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 03:06 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140913185154/desencyclopedie/images/0/06/Captain_obvious.jpeg

Sorter
11-12-2014, 03:09 PM

Bowe sucks and never gets open. /OldSchool.

Sandy Vagina
11-12-2014, 03:11 PM
With this OL, there are not too many times where there are more than 2 reads before the QB is either dodging to find a run lane or getting sacked. Kelce is usually just getting open as Smith releases to his first read or is looking for some other 2nd read.

I wish that more often than not, Kelce would become the 2nd read progression in every pass play.

Direckshun
11-12-2014, 03:21 PM
What play is this? Isn't this the play he ends up rushing for 10 and a 1st?

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 03:23 PM
What play is this? Isn't this the play he ends up rushing for 10 and a 1st?

Yup.

O.city
11-12-2014, 03:27 PM
I think the shit passing game is more on the ol than wrs at this point.

jLoy88
11-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Yeah its unfortunate our quarterback can't even get to his second step of a dropback before a defender is piling into his face. I originally thought that Smith was having an "off" game at Buffalo until I watched Claynus's video... my god, every single pass that went awry he was getting absolutely crushed prior to getting the pass off. Kelce needs to be in on 80% of offensive snaps, the guy is too large, too skilled and too versatile to not be getting open for Smith. Anyone who remembers Alex from SF knows he has an affinity for Tight Ends in coverage (Vernon Davis). Get Kelce on the field more, teach him how to be a better rush blocker, and this team is a top5.

ThaVirus
11-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Bowe sucks and never gets open. /OldSchool.

LMAO

Love that shot. Not one but two wide ass open WRs on one play.

"The receivers just never get open!!!"/ CP

Sorter
11-12-2014, 03:33 PM
I think the shit passing game is more on the ol McFlynn and Fulton than wrs at this point.

Fixed.

RunKC
11-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I think the shit passing game is more on the ol than wrs at this point.

Bingo.

I watched the game again last night and the OL held up for the most part save McGlynn. He single handedly missed his block on multiple occasions and failed to pick up blitzes in time.

RunKC
11-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Fixed.

See, I thought Fulton held his own at times. He did struggle a bit on his assignment.

Maybe that's bc McGlynn was just that freaking terrible. My God. I still have no idea why LDT hasn't been given a shot yet.

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2014, 03:46 PM
McGlynn and Fulton are dumpster fires.

They make Fisher look All-Pro.

O.city
11-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Smith doesn't have the best pocket awareness either, but I can see why

Sorter
11-12-2014, 03:53 PM
See, I thought Fulton held his own at times. He did struggle a bit on his assignment.

Maybe that's bc McGlynn was just that freaking terrible. My God. I still have no idea why LDT hasn't been given a shot yet.

To be fair to both Fulton and McFlynn, Williams and Dareus + the wide 9/A gap concepts Schwartz does isnt exactly a stroll down the road.

That being said, McFlynn is still infuriating. At least Fulton's a rookie.

ViperVisor
11-12-2014, 03:54 PM
If Smith can throw without looking to him he is open.
The safety is watching the QB and is in position to get to maybe not get to the pass, at least get a hit on Bowe as the ball is caught, over the top of the DB who did trail coverage on Bowe which is a smart adjustment because lots of comeback catches this year.

Kelce is the obvious primary. Dareus got some heat on Smith a fraction too soon.

5+ Nile with a more than a chip block and couldn't block 4 rushers for 3 seconds.

Sorter
11-12-2014, 03:58 PM
If Smith can throw without looking to him he is open.
The safety is watching the QB and is in position to get to maybe not get to the pass, at least get a hit on Bowe as the ball is caught, over the top of the DB who did trail coverage on Bowe which is a smart adjustment because lots of comeback catches this year.

Kelce is the obvious primary. Dareus got some heat on Smith a fraction too soon.
Gilmore gets beat like a redheaded orphan bastard in Siberia off the line by Bowe.

Fact.

Mav
11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Kelce has to be on a snap count

Titty Meat
11-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I heard he hasn't grasped the whole playbook

kcxiv
11-12-2014, 04:06 PM
I was screaming the entire game on this site and on twitter where the fuck is Kelce at. Everytime i looked up he was on the sidelines with his helmet on cheering.

If they play him more and actually make him a big part of the offense, then maybe a WR would have a freaking TD by now. He provides HUGE HUGE mismatches, but they continue to go with Fasano. I dont get it. HIs blocking outside of the AS TD hasnt been good either.

kcxiv
11-12-2014, 04:06 PM
I heard he hasn't grasped the whole playbook

in 2 years? yeah i dont believe that. He must have pissed in someones cereal.

ViperVisor
11-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Game plan had to be use Fasano as like a 6th OL guy to help with blocking.

Turns out KC needed more than that help.

Captain Obvious
11-12-2014, 04:18 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140913185154/desencyclopedie/images/0/06/Captain_obvious.jpeg

Good. I'm on break anyways.

O.city
11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Gilmore gets beat like a redheaded orphan bastard in Siberia off the line by Bowe.

Fact.

Is it cover two with man underneath?

Sorter
11-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Is it cover two with man underneath?

Yes.

the Talking Can
11-12-2014, 04:42 PM
smith needs to let that go at the end of his drop...he is looking at the (bottom) WR, the WR is open, throw it and it is a 20 yard play...put some zip on it and beat the safety

was that just not his first read or is that him playing it too safe?

*edit

actually, he is looking to the middle of the field i think...smith reacts first to the pressure of Fisher's man, and runs into Fulton's man...both got beat

O.city
11-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Yes.

Cover 2 beater down the seam would have been cool

RunKC
11-12-2014, 04:46 PM
OP is another play ruined completely by McGlynn.

Chiefs4TheWin
11-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Problem is we need all the dang help we can get fricken blocking.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
smith needs to let that go at the end of his drop...he is looking at the (bottom) WR, the WR is open, throw it and it is a 20 yard play...put some zip on it and beat the safety

was that just not his first read or is that him playing it too safe?

*edit

actually, he is looking to the middle of the field i think...smith reacts first to the pressure of Fisher's man, and runs into Fulton's man...both got beat

If Fulton hold's his block just half a second longer, that ball is gone and in Kelce's hands. Smith comes off of his first read to the right (Jenkins?) and is just getting to Kelce but notices Dareus destroying Fulton and has to react and avoid the big hit.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 05:06 PM
OP is another play ruined completely by McGlynn.

McGlynn did OK, that's Fulton getting destroyed once Harris lets Dareus go to pick up the outside rusher.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Jesus, 5 OL blocking with both TEs chipping and they still give up the pressure in under 3 seconds.

And people wonder why we can't pass the ball deep.

RunKC
11-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Jesus, 5 OL blocking with both TEs chipping and they still give up the pressure in under 3 seconds.

1st rd OL coming soon just wait

Mav
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM
No one should have a Damn thing to say about it either.

Aspengc8
11-12-2014, 05:26 PM

There aren't two TE's chipping. Chiefs are in posse personnel, or may even be ace if thats fasano & kelce on the bottom. Thats davis covering the RT and leaking/arrow after.

lcarus
11-12-2014, 05:30 PM
People complaining he's not getting on the field. When he is, he's doing this. Pressure probably just a sec to quick as it looked like Smith was looking that way.

Damn. Another second or two of time and Alex had all kinds of options open there.

Mr. Laz
11-12-2014, 05:32 PM
There are several young players with talent that aren't getting as much PT as we think they should. Must be a reason. I suspect that is the mental part of the game that they lack and it's costing them.

jLoy88
11-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Smith doesn't have the best pocket awareness either, but I can see why

"pocket awareness" would imply that a pocket was at one point formed. It is absolutely disgusting watching a guy like Manning or Brees sit back and sip fucking tea from behind the line of scrimmage whilst Alex Smith is playing a game of 5 on 1 Pursuit from the second the ball is snapped. Occasionally our line can hold a team back for one or two plays; but the vast majority of teams this year have absolutely laid waste to the OL

O.city
11-12-2014, 05:37 PM
There's a pocket there. He could have slid up and to his left to create enough time to get the throw off

jLoy88
11-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah, its a crap pocket at best but its there for a fleeting half second.
O.city: Do you happen to have film or a gif of the final pass to Kelce (I think it was 3rd and long) late in the fourth quarter. Iam curious to see if it is the same play as this, looks almost identical but in that play Alex got it off after scrambling IIRC.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Look at how fast the interior collapsed. Jesus Christ. I don't think I want to see the Bills in the playoffs, not with this OL.

Sandy Vagina
11-12-2014, 05:40 PM
To the OP: Do you happen to have film or a gif of the final pass to Kelce (I think it was 3rd and long) late in the fourth quarter. Iam curious to see if it is the same play as this, looks almost identical but in that play Alex got it off after scrambling IIRC.

Pretty sure from memory that it's not... I thought Kelce's last catch.. lined up to Smith's right.. ran more of a jerk route (or an out) vs a deep in from the other side.

O.city
11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Yeah, its a crap pocket at best but its there for a fleeting half second.
O.city: Do you happen to have film or a gif of the final pass to Kelce (I think it was 3rd and long) late in the fourth quarter. Iam curious to see if it is the same play as this, looks almost identical but in that play Alex got it off after scrambling IIRC.

You just brought up manning etc. Brady is another one with epic pocket ability in terms of awareness. They create half seconds enough to get the ball off.

Aspengc8
11-12-2014, 05:43 PM
There's a pocket there. He could have slid up and to his left to create enough time to get the throw off

lol theres nowhere to step up in that. That play is a designed 5 step and that dig route was wide open if that rush was slowed down for a second. Even had a back & TE chipping and STILL didn't have time. Rush came right up the middle. Reid ran this same play a TON at philly.

O.city
11-12-2014, 05:43 PM
You can tell where allegiances lie in this thread.

Smith his the back of his drop and has a pocket move before it breaks down.

Sandy Vagina
11-12-2014, 05:44 PM
You can tell where allegiances lie in this thread.

Smith his the back of his drop and has a pocket move before it breaks down.

yep... certainly can. :doh!:

O.city
11-12-2014, 05:45 PM
lol theres nowhere to step up in that. That play is a designed 5 step and that dig route was wide open if that rush was slowed down for a second. Even had a back & TE chipping and STILL didn't have time. Rush came right up the middle. Reid ran this same play a TON at philly.

There's enough space to get that throw off with anticipation of kelce coming open.

I'm not holding it against him in any manner, but he could have gotten enough time to throw it. He'd have taken a hit though

Mr. Flopnuts
11-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Andy knows that Seattle is weak against TE. The Hawks are going to struggle containing Kelce this week. Gronk Jr. (not my nickname for him, but I read it this week from a national sports handicapper) is probably gonna go off.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 05:49 PM

You call that a pocket? If he steps up into that then Hudson would back up right into him. Williams had Hudson on skates after McGlynn passed him off to help Fisher. There would be no escape for him and that drive dies.

Sandy Vagina
11-12-2014, 05:53 PM
You call that a pocket? If he steps up into that then Hudson would back up right into him. Williams had Hudson on skates after McGlynn passed him off to help Fisher. There would be no escape for him and that drive dies.

So?

So Alex ends up with broken ribs... or a broken throwing arm.. or a pass that goes up into the air and into a defender's hands...

At least he would have TRIED!!!!!

:doh!:

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 06:01 PM
By the time that Kelce even makes his break, Smith is already trying to get out of the pocket. Why is that? You can clearly see Fulton get his butt whooped by Dareus, completely losing leverage; all he can do is to try and ride Dareus' back and slow him down just enough for Smith to make a move.

Dunerdr
11-12-2014, 06:02 PM
I think we're limiting touches to avoid constant gronk like injuries. He's a freak athlete. Got to deal with that.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 06:07 PM
I think we're limiting touches to avoid constant gronk like injuries. He's a freak athlete. Got to deal with that.

Andy's presser makes it sound like Kelce hasn't been ready for the TE1 role yet. They've slowly been expanding the playbook for him. With Fasano being dinged up right now though, this might be the week when Kelce takes over that role.

mdchiefsfan
11-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Kelce has to be on a snap count

This is what I am thinking. Regardless of progression made, recovery from micro fracture surgery is tricky. They could be playing it safe with him this year.

Saccopoo
11-12-2014, 06:41 PM

Isn't he second in receptions, receiving yards and first in receiving TDs?

Sounds like they are getting him the ball.

The one interesting thing looking at the receiving stats is that while Bowe now has five more receptions than Kelce (after the Buffalo game), he still lags behind Travis by 160 yards in YAC.

To tell you the truth, it looked like Bowe was just catching the ball then falling down. Not much effort in turning up field.

OldSchool
11-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Isn't he second in receptions, receiving yards and first in receiving TDs?

Sounds like they are getting him the ball.

The one interesting thing looking at the receiving stats is that while Bowe now has five more receptions than Kelce (after the Buffalo game), he still lags behind Travis by 160 yards in YAC.

To tell you the truth, it looked like Bowe was just catching the ball then falling down. Not much effort in turning up field.

Tons of comeback routes and outs for Bowe. He's basically being used as a possession receiver now.

O.city
11-12-2014, 07:03 PM

I hope not. We can get one in the mid rounds though

Mr. Laz
11-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Tons of comeback routes and outs for Bowe. He's basically being used as a possession receiver now.
because he IS a possession receiver

also because on those type routes Alex Smith can see what he is doing, instead of having to trust what he's doing

O.city
11-12-2014, 08:58 PM
They aren't running only those routes for Bowe. In this gif he's running a go, in which he abuses Gilmore off the line and holds the safety the cause of it.

He's playing really well this year.