PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who has been to Green Bay (Lambeau Field)

In58men
11-19-2014, 11:48 AM
The wife and I are planning to visit the Frozen Tundra next year for the KC/GB game. Besides wearing a jacket what are some recommendations. Hotels? Bars? etc etc

Mav
11-19-2014, 11:53 AM
I live here bro.

Mav
11-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Ill pm you in a little bit

In58men
11-19-2014, 11:54 AM
I live here bro.

Well share some shit. Should I stay in Appleton?

JakeLV
11-19-2014, 11:56 AM
The wife and I are planning to visit the Frozen Tundra next year for the KC/GB game. Besides wearing a jacket what are some recommendations. Hotels? Bears? etc etc

Beware of bears.

Ceej
11-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Ive been and plan on moving up there next year before our wedding.

My fiancee is from there. Definitely do a stadium tour of Lambeau.

I like Kroll's and the Distillery as far as places near the stadium to eat.

NewChief
11-19-2014, 12:00 PM
One of the top sporting experiences of my life. We were there for this:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TA99lGmVzFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the cool things we did on the way up there was eat at a "supper club" which is like a cultural thing up there. Here is an article about them:
http://www.wisconsintrails.com/food/Wisconsins-supper-club-culture-149711565.html

Halfcan
11-19-2014, 12:12 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TA99lGmVzFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the cool things we did on the way up there was eat at a "supper club" which is like a cultural thing up there. Here is an article about them:
http://www.wisconsintrails.com/food/Wisconsins-supper-club-culture-149711565.html

My friends and I were at that game!! Best ever!

WakkaWakka
11-19-2014, 12:12 PM
Definitely gonna try to get up there one day. My wife is a Packers fan and I kinda adopted them as my second team, or NFC team. We were gonna go next year for a game, but we found out just two weeks ago we're expecting another child, so that pretty much shoots that trip down. Maybe in a few years we'll make it there.

CapsLockKey
11-19-2014, 12:22 PM
They haven't released the schedule yet, how do you know the game is in GB next year?

Ceej
11-19-2014, 12:26 PM
http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-15/2015-kansas-city-chiefs-football-schedule.php

TEX
11-19-2014, 12:27 PM
The wife and I are planning to visit the Frozen Tundra next year for the KC/GB game. Besides wearing a jacket what are some recommendations. Hotels? Bars? etc etc

I was there in '03 for Kennison's game winning catch in overtime. WHAT a game!They had just finished all the remodeling - Cool place, NOT as loud as ARROWHEAD but every bit as much of a college atmosphere with fantastic tailgatineg and fans.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Yup I was there in 03, prolly one of the best games ive been too. Pretty awesome fans, after we made a crazy comeback, I had at least 10 packers come and shook my hand to say good game.

Unsmooth-Moment
11-19-2014, 12:30 PM
They haven't released the schedule yet, how do you know the game is in GB next year?

All but 2 games of every season are already determined. 6 divisional games every year, 1 non conference division (4 games), 1 conference division (4 games), and then 2 games with other conference divisions based on finish in standings. So you can tell 14 games of the schedule for the rest of time unless they modify divisions or schedule.

srvy
11-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Dont freeze your cornhole!

LoneWolf
11-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Yup I was there in 03, prolly one of the best games ive been too. Pretty awesome fans, after we made a crazy comeback, I had at least 10 packers come and shake me fan to say good game.

Is that Irish slang for grab your junk?

Willie Lanier
11-19-2014, 01:02 PM
It's a cathedral... Have fun

CapsLockKey
11-19-2014, 01:19 PM
All but 2 games of every season are already determined. 6 divisional games every year, 1 non conference division (4 games), 1 conference division (4 games), and then 2 games with other conference divisions based on finish in standings. So you can tell 14 games of the schedule for the rest of time unless they modify divisions or schedule.
Yeah, I understand that part, but the home/away locations aren't pre-determined. Who is to say the GB game won't be played in KC? I know we played them here the last time we faced the NFC North but looking back historically that doesn't mean it won't happen again. The NFL doesn't automatically alternate home and away each cycle.

I have a Bears fan friend whose brother has GB season tickets, and I've been waiting for KC in GB and CHI in KC so he could take me to GB and I bring him to KC but we haven't played in GB the last two cycles with the NFC North and haven't played CHI at home since 2003. Hoping this is the year.

CapsLockKey
11-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Ah, found answers on the Packers site.

Looks like the teams are to play everyone at least once home and away in an 8 year period. So the last time we played GB in KC was the front end of the 2010 - 2017 cycle and the time before that was the backend of the 2002-2009 cycle.

DanT
11-19-2014, 01:44 PM
I have been to Green Bay but not to Lambeau. Expect the fans to be great...classy and fun.

Trivers
11-19-2014, 02:02 PM
I live 45 minutes southeast of Green Bay.

Appleton is an hour away. Too far unless your airplane tickets take you there. Book for GRB.

Several season ticket holders here in the office. I will get a list of restaurants and watering holes to checkout.

You are packed in like sardines on hard metal benches.

Arrowhead is much louder.

Most of the suites are behind glass as the natives don't want to get cold. On the benches, everyone is wearing 3-4 layers of warmth so a crowded bench gets even more crowded.

Still a fun experience.

The Chiefs have played the last 3(?) years in preseason. A big fun party as no one cares about winning.

I am tired of hearing "Go Pack Go". It's like all they know to chant.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Is that Irish slang for grab your junk?
ha been a long day

Mav
11-19-2014, 04:12 PM
I live 45 minutes southeast of Green Bay.

Appleton is an hour away. Too far unless your airplane tickets take you there. Book for GRB.

Several season ticket holders here in the office. I will get a list of restaurants and watering holes to checkout.

You are packed in like sardines on hard metal benches.

Arrowhead is much louder.

Most of the suites are behind glass as the natives don't want to get cold. On the benches, everyone is wearing 3-4 layers of warmth so a crowded bench gets even more crowded.

Still a fun experience.

The Chiefs have played the last 3(?) years in preseason. A big fun party as no one cares about winning.

I am tired of hearing "Go Pack Go". It's like all they know to chant.
Appleton is 35 minutes from gb boss. I live basically in Appleton. I live in Neenah.
And I'm sick of hearing "I don't wanna work."

RINGLEADER
11-19-2014, 07:16 PM
I went there when the Seahawks were still in the AFC West and we're playing Favre. Was the only way I could see cheering for the Pack (my NFC team being the Bears and all) and wouldn't you know it - Favre throws a bunch if interceptions and Green Bay has one of it's few losses at Lambaugh.

My takeaways:

1. The Red Lobster near the stadium had the worst steak I ever ate;

2. It was super cold;

3. When we arrived at our "seats" on the steel benches they had been absorbed by the fans to the left and right -- had to quite literally squeeze in and sort of nudge the others on our row away.

Pepe Silvia
11-19-2014, 07:25 PM

That game was crushing, Favres pick 6 pretty much won the game for you even though it wasn't the deciding score. :(

CoMoChief
11-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Im oneida Indian and visit family every couple yrs up there. I went the packers hof exhibit...man talk about history...that exhibit is 2nd to none

jspchief
11-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Was at the OT game with the Eddie Kennison game wnniner. Good times.

In58men
11-19-2014, 07:54 PM
I can honestly say my wife is really considering us going. She even said she wouldn't mind if it was on our anniversary. She also stated that it's not a yes or no :-/ fucking women and mind games.

NewChief
11-19-2014, 08:24 PM
That game was crushing, Favres pick 6 pretty much won the game for you even though it wasn't the deciding score. :(

The beauty of that game (other than Trent throwing for the winning td) was that we came back from down. My wife is a pessimist and always thinks the game is over if we get down. I'm an enternal optimist and think we can come back. It was one of the few times I was vindicated.

Mav
11-20-2014, 09:24 AM
I can honestly say my wife is really considering us going. She even said she wouldn't mind if it was on our anniversary. She also stated that it's not a yes or no :-/ fucking women and mind games.
If you do come up we should get together for dinner.

In58men
11-20-2014, 09:27 AM
If you do come up we should get together for dinner.

Are you a weird guy with swastikas on your face?

Mav
11-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Are you a weird guy with swastikas on your face?
Nah. Just some al Qaeda tats on my back

In58men
11-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Nah. Just some al Qaeda tats on my back

My kinda guy. I'll keep in touch for sure.

Ceej
11-20-2014, 10:02 AM
I should be living up there by summer.

But, dinner sounds kinda ghey.

Now beers on the other hand....

Chief Henry
11-20-2014, 10:24 AM

I too was at this game. About 14 rows right behind the Packers Bench with some very good friends of mine who have been season ticket holders in GB for decades. Yes their tickets have been handed down from one generation to the next. What I remember the best about the game is how quiet the stadium was while walking out of Lambeau Field...The Chiefs rallied from a big deficit and shocked the hell out of me. The next day the KC Star Sports section had the big headline "The Joy of Six" which is a spin off the book "The Joy of Sex". I have that page framed in my mancave with my ticket stub and game day program. We didn't go to any bars. We walked around the outside of the stadium and just absorbed the atmosphere. Much like what I like doing at Arrowhead.

Mav
11-20-2014, 11:34 AM
I should be living up there by summer.

But, dinner sounds kinda ghey.

Now beers on the other hand....
I was assuming his wife would be along, my wife would be along. I can do drinks too!

Jimmya
11-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Never been there, but would love to see a game there.