11-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Let's throw some moar screens

Ceej
11-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Let's throw some moar screens

Andy showing confidence in Alex.

ThaVirus
11-20-2014, 08:25 PM
We had a heavy set on that play and the guy squirted through with no problem. The entire defense looked bad on that play.

Berry took a horrible angle but how about 94 getting washed out of the gap? Mauga doing who-knows-what?

BullJunkandIron
11-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Ken-dick on the field wearing 29.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Charles Woodson makes Eric Berry look like a punk ass bitch.

What a waste of $11.6 million dollars.

KCrockaholic
11-20-2014, 08:52 PM
That was Mauga's gap, but oh let's cry about Berry.

O.city
11-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Berry is playing safety he has to make that play.

I defended him go a while, but he isn't making plays.

stevieray
11-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Never been the headhunter since the stevie johnson hit.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Berry is playing safety he has to make that play.

I defended him go a while, but he isn't making plays.

:thumb:

ModSocks
11-20-2014, 08:58 PM
He needs to make that play. But that play doesn't rest on Berry alone.

ChiefRocka
Never been the headhunter since the stevie johnson hit.

yup, career ender. running in slowmo after murray....shame

Captain Obvious
He has not played Berry well tonight.

O.city
11-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Maybe he's still hirt, I dunno. Just isn't making plays

CoMoChief
11-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Dudes playing like greg wesley

and that's not agood thing

Titty Meat
11-21-2014, 03:34 PM
I don't know how anyone justifies keeping him around at 11 mil with a cash strapped team.

Pepe Silvia
11-21-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't know how anyone justifies keeping him around at 11 mil with a cash strapped team.

You can't, you guys need to cut ties with him and Hali.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2014, 03:38 PM
He's more overpaid than Bowe and Hali by far.

RunKC
11-21-2014, 03:39 PM

I would rather keep Tamba and let Bowe go and collect the $12 million.

Tamba still has a massive effect on the success of this team. He's worth the money next year.

TEX
11-21-2014, 03:39 PM

Hopefully Hali will take a pay cut, BUT someone will PAY the man so I doubt he's retained. That, plus Dorsey drafted his replacement this year...

ModSocks
11-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Yeah, because Hali did SOO much last night too.

You guys are so over reactionary. One year he's a hero, the next year he doesn't deserve to be on the roster.

Instead you want a bunch or Ron Parkers back there.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2014, 03:49 PM

Tamba still has a massive effect on the success of this team. He's worth the money next year.

Next year is a key season for this team.

We aren't going to find a replacement for Bowe that easy between then and now.

Best to keep him. He is a sure 900 yards.

Tamba is done BTW. He didn't do shit last night. You have an emotional attachment to him.

ModSocks
11-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Next year is a key season for this team.

We aren't going to find a replacement for Bowe that easy between then and now.

Best to keep him. He is a sure 900 yards.

Tamba is done BTW. He didn't do shit last night. You have an emotional attachment to him.

I wouldn't call him "done". But he's certainly declining. He's pretty much been invisible for the past few weeks except for a few plays here and there.

spanky 52
11-21-2014, 05:00 PM
So why wasn't Ford subbing Hali? And Berry is stealing from the Chiefs. A lot of fail on the defensive side of the ball.

scho63
11-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Berry hasn't lost a step since his injury: he has lost FIVE STEPS!!!! ROFL

rtmike
11-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Pretty close to the same time last year.
Is Hali just not making it to the end of the season anymore?
Sort of like C. Wiegman losing so much weight during the year that towards the end he was being pushed around like a rag doll?

The Fade played Sandy Eggo tough so I was expecting a close one, always is. They'll win a couple more before the season finishes.

dannybcaitlyn
11-21-2014, 05:14 PM
What was Poe doing on the quarter back sneaks?

notorious
11-21-2014, 05:18 PM
It's about time some of you are coming around.

notorious
11-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Imagine what the Chiefs could do with Hali, Berry, and Bowes cap waste.......

DaneMcCloud
11-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Imagine what the Chiefs could do with Hali, Berry, and Bowes cap waste.......

If the Chiefs had cut all of those players after June 1, they'd have had $30 million or more in cap space.

But it's unlikely they'd be 7-4.

notorious
11-21-2014, 05:24 PM
If the Chiefs had cut all of those players after June 1, they'd have had $30 million or more in cap space.

But it's unlikely they'd be 7-4.

Agree 100%.

I am looking at next year.

DaneMcCloud
11-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Agree 100%.

I am looking at next year.

I don't think there will be a cap space issue in 2015. I think the biggest issue is "Who do they sign and who do they draft?".

Not a bad problem for a good team to have. :)

RunKC
11-21-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't think there will be a cap space issue in 2015. I think the biggest issue is "Who do they sign and who do they draft?".

I really do think that Berry and Tamba are both expendable. Keeping Dee Ford on the bench another year isn't going to help things. He's got the talent. He just needed a year to get stronger and learn his technique. Really like what we've seen from him in the small window we've seen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2014, 07:19 PM
On the block this off season.

srvy
11-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Maybe Berry just isn't a mudder :D

Mr. Laz
11-21-2014, 09:14 PM

we probably need to let all 3 walk.

but only if Dorsey is going to go out and get some talent

if he just sits on his ass again then we may have to keep them

BlackOp
11-21-2014, 09:21 PM
if he just sits on his ass again then we may have to keep them

:hmmm: Im not sure what he has done to give the impression that he..."sits on his ass". They had Sanders all but signed...that's not on him.

I think KC wanted Beckham..but we went way earlier than projected.

ILChief
11-21-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm over Berry. He's OK but not great. Definitely not worth the $$$. We have to re-sign more important pieces and plug some holes at WR/CB/OL. We can get by at safety.

Easy 6
11-21-2014, 09:39 PM
I really do think that Berry and Tamba are both expendable. Keeping Dee Ford on the bench another year isn't going to help things. He's got the talent. He just needed a year to get stronger and learn his technique. Really like what we've seen from him in the small window we've seen.

Dee Ford is exactly why we should hedge our bets by keeping Hali, Ford hasnt even been on the field since week 5-6... train this guy up for camp next year because he obviously isnt getting it done in practice.

I'm over Berry. He's OK but not great. Definitely not worth the $$$. We have to re-sign more important pieces and plug some holes at WR/CB/OL. We can get by at safety.

Berry is an All Pro... how worthwhile trading him would be I dont know, but if most people were honest about it they'd see that he isnt all that, he can be had this year for the right price.

I implicitely trust Dorsey to fill his spot, he has already done an admirable job of it for the first 8-10 games of the season... so why not for the long haul.

Whatcha gonna do, Eric?

Discuss Thrower
11-21-2014, 10:40 PM

Good thing Alex Smith will be 34 years old by the time next April's picks are contributing.

Unless Aaron Murray turns out to be the next Tom Brady or something.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Good thing Alex Smith will be 34 years old by the time next April's picks are contributing.

Unless Aaron Murray turns out to be the next Tom Brady or something.

Baby Lee tell me Alex goin' play 'till he 50! :D

bobhill
11-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Ron Parker is a better Saftey then Cornerback. Why is he still playing corner? He took berrys spot leave him at safety

BlackOp
11-22-2014, 02:05 AM
If I were a gm..I would trade Berry for a 2nd round pick and keep Hali. For $11 million, Berry should be everywhere...each game. I cant remember any significant plays he has made in a while..the defense didn't skip a beat when he was out. Is what it is...

ChiefRocka
11-22-2014, 06:35 AM
My guess is he is playing injured this season. Big bet as to whether he returns to form next season.

TimeForWasp
11-22-2014, 12:31 PM
I didn't mention it in the game, but when he was trying to catch Murrey he looked like he wasn't healthy. I think he is still playing hurt.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Berry is overrated. Big time....have yet to see the college player

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Berry is overrated. Big time....have yet to see the college player

That's because they fucking ruined him in his first couple of years. Should have been a deep safety from the beginning.....but Crennel is a retard.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2014, 12:43 PM
That's because they fucking ruined him in his first couple of years. Should have been a deep safety from the beginning.....but Crennel is a retard.
Figures Dorsey and Berry who I thought were going to be superstars arent even close. Not sure how Berry is pro bowler year in and out. Cant cover but is a decent tackler

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 12:45 PM
If I were a gm..I would trade Berry for a 2nd round pick and keep Hali. For $11 million, Berry should be everywhere...each game. I cant remember any significant plays he has made in a while..the defense didn't skip a beat when he was out. Is what it is...

Happen to watch many Seahawks games? What significant plays would you say you've seen Earl Thomas make this season? I've only seen a couple and he gets paid more than Berry.

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Figures Dorsey and Berry who I thought were going to be superstars arent even close. Not sure how Berry is pro bowler year in and out. Cant cover but is a decent tackler

You're smoking crack if you think he can't cover.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2014, 12:49 PM
:hmmm: Im not sure what he has done to give the impression that he..."sits on his ass". They had Sanders all but signed...that's not on him.

I think KC wanted Beckham..but we went way earlier than projected.

so just incompetent then

wanted Sanders ... fail
wanted Beckham ... fail

JohnnyHammersticks
11-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Most of us--myself included--didn't want to hear it when Mike Mayock said leading up to the draft that Earl Thomas was better than Eric Berry, but he ended up being absolutely right.

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Most of us--myself included--didn't want to hear it when Mike Mayock said leading up to the draft that Earl Thomas was better than Eric Berry, but he ended up being absolutely right.

Different positions.....different defense.

Hootie
11-22-2014, 12:54 PM
I don't hate Eric Berry. He is probably a pretty good player. But he's not even close to what he was billed as coming out of Tennessee. Not even close.

Rausch
11-22-2014, 12:54 PM
You're smoking crack if you think he can't cover.

This...

Mr. Laz
11-22-2014, 12:56 PM

we don't really know that.

Crennel used Berry like a linebacker so that's what he's become.

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Monte Kiffin and Romeo Crennel both ruined Berry.

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Go move Earl Thomas to SS and ask him to do the same shit that Berry does and you'd get the same result....if not worse.

stevieray
11-22-2014, 01:03 PM
I don't hate Eric Berry. He is probably a pretty good player. But he's not even close to what he was billed as coming out of Tennessee. Not even close.

before his injury.. he would take INSANE angles under blockers..his run support was nothing short of outstanding.

not writing him off, but he looked like he could barely run on that pursuit... gotta be playing hurt.

funny...what kept coming back to me during the Faid game was the loss of DJ.

I highly doubt they win if he's playing.

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 01:08 PM
before his injury.. he would take INSANE angles under blockers..his run support was nothing short of outstanding.

not writing him off, but he looked like he could barely run on that pursuit... gotta be playing hurt.

I know it's crazy but I think we have 2-3 more wins with DJ.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 01:08 PM

From my point of view, if Berry is not hurt, he's playing not to get hurt.

He's tentative, has taken bad angles and has either lost several steps or he's thinking too much. In any case, he's either physically damaged or emotionally damaged and isn't the same player we've seen in the past.

The loss of DJ was huge. Mauga's been very respectable, especially considering this is his full season since 2008, but he's not playing at DJ's level.

Hootie
11-22-2014, 01:09 PM

I agree with all of this.

DJ, apparently, single handedly, was an amazing run stopper. Amazing. No way we lose that game with DJ. Or get manhandled in the run game against Buffalo and Seattle.

Losing him really hurt.

stevieray
11-22-2014, 01:11 PM
From my point of view, if Berry is not hurt, he's playing not to get hurt.

He's tentative, has taken bad angles and has either lost several steps or he's thinking too much. In any case, he's either physically damaged or emotionally damaged and isn't the same player we've seen in the past.

The loss of DJ was huge. Mauga's been very respectable, especially considering this is his full season since 2008, but he's not playing at DJ's level.

that's a good way to describe it..., that SJ hit still pisses me off..at that point Berry was a rising star.

stevieray
11-22-2014, 01:12 PM
I know it's crazy but I think we have 2-3 more wins with DJ.

at least two...

stevieray
11-22-2014, 01:14 PM

DJ, apparently, single handedly, was an amazing run stopper. Amazing. No way we lose that game with DJ. Or get manhandled in the run game against Buffalo and Seattle.

Losing him really hurt.

..miss the INTS

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 01:15 PM
..miss the INTS

This. DJ can play the run AND cover. It sucks that he'll probably never be 100% again.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2014, 01:15 PM
..miss the INTS

If we just catch one of those interceptions against the Faiders.

We dropped like 5?

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 01:16 PM
People seem to forget Berry's best season as a pro was last year.

That 2011 injury really fucked up the trajectory of his career, but he was playing the best ball of his career at this time last year. He's been dealing with that foot injury and now has the high ankle sprain. I wouldn't doubt it if he said he were 75%.

I wish we had the luxury of sitting him until he's 100% but we'll need him while Parker is playing CB.

stevieray
11-22-2014, 01:19 PM

We dropped like 5?

yup

stevieray
11-22-2014, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't doubt it if he said he were 75%.

agreed..his closing speed has always been tremendous.

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 01:22 PM
People seem to forget Berry's best season as a pro was last year.

That 2011 injury really ****ed up the trajectory of his career, but he was playing the best ball of his career at this time last year. He's been dealing with that foot injury and now has the high ankle sprain. I wouldn't doubt it if he said he were 75%.

I wish we had the luxury of sitting him until he's 100% but we'll need him while Parker is playing CB.

Yeah....I think if Cooper was actually playing well....they wouldn't have had to rush Berry back.

stevieray
11-22-2014, 01:22 PM
This. DJ can play the run AND cover. It sucks that he'll probably never be 100% again.

I has a sad.

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Losing DJ really fucked us. At this point you could probably say losing Devito was a blessing in disguise, but DJ would make all the difference this season. I'm 100% confident that we win that game in Oakland with DJ. We probably win @ SF as well.

TEX
11-22-2014, 01:30 PM

We dropped like 5?

Yep. And it doesn't get much easier than Abdullah's - the ball hit him in stride. Could have caught it and just continued out of bounds without even getting touched. Thank you very much - game F-ING OVER! :shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-22-2014, 01:31 PM
I didn't mention it in the game, but when he was trying to catch Murrey he looked like he wasn't healthy. I think he is still playing hurt.

Probably playing him hoping to get a few big plays and drive the stock up for the off season.

"HE'S STILL GOT IT; SECOND ROUNDER, PLEASE"!

Hootie
11-22-2014, 01:38 PM
I never want to think about that Raiders game again. Let's just stop talking about it.

O.city
11-22-2014, 01:47 PM
He's being asked to play single high alot more this year. On has to hope he's getting accustomed and is still dinged up, otherwise he's just meh

Johnny Vegas
11-22-2014, 02:03 PM
he's just 2 games back in from being on the bench over an injury since week 2 and y'all motherfuckers expect this human being to come out blazing opponents like he's some sort of machine?? I bet by in 2 weeks he'll be comfortable again. it took this team 4 weeks to get rolling like they have been and those 4 weeks this place was in full meltdown mode.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 02:07 PM
he's just 2 games back in from being on the bench over an injury since week 2 and y'all motherfuckers expect this human being to come out blazing opponents like he's some sort of machine?? I bet by in 2 weeks he'll be comfortable again. it took this team 4 weeks to get rolling like they have been and those 4 weeks this place was in full meltdown mode.

Yes.

He's earning $11.6 million dollars this season so I expected him to play commensurate to his salary.

It seems like it's "okay" to slam Dwayne Bowe for his contract, even though he's on pace for a good season but mentioning how poorly Berry is playing in relation to his salary is sacrilegious to some.

Johnny Vegas
11-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Yes.

He's earning $11.6 million dollars this season so I expected him to play commensurate to his salary.

It seems like it's "okay" to slam Dwayne Bowe for his contract, even though he's on pace for a good season but mentioning how poorly Berry is playing in relation to his salary is sacrilegious to some.

that's bullshit. thats like if a business gave you a raise for your performance then you get in a car accident and can't work for 10 weeks then they decide to take your raise away because you haven't performed like you did previously. who'd want to work for them and how fucked up does that sound?

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 02:19 PM
that's bullshit. thats like if a business gave you a raise for your performance then you get in a car accident and can't work for 10 weeks then they decide to take your raise away because you haven't performed like you did previously. who'd want to work for them and how fucked up does that sound?

You're missing the point, entirely.

Eric Berry is healthy. If that's true, and the Chiefs are giving him plenty of snaps that prove that he's healthy, he should have transformed this defense the minute he stepped onto the field.

He's being paid $11.6 million dollars to be an impact player. If he was truly injured, he would be on the bench. It doesn't matter if he's "two games back" when he's played in 48 NFL games.

He's not producing at a level commensurate to his salary.

Johnny Vegas
11-22-2014, 02:27 PM

Eric Berry is healthy. If that's true, and the Chiefs are giving him plenty of snaps that prove that he's healthy, he should have transformed this defense the minute he stepped onto the field.

He's being paid $11.6 million dollars to be an impact player. If he was truly injured, he would be on the bench. It doesn't matter if he's "two games back" when he's played in 48 NFL games.

I think you're being way way way and extremely impatient.

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 02:48 PM

Neither is Alex Smith then.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 02:57 PM

Alex Smith isn't being paid to be the best QB in the league.

Eric Berry is being paid to the be best safety in the league.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 02:58 PM
I think you're being way way way and extremely impatient.

Impatient? Why? Because he was injured?

Is he earning less because he was injured?

Hootie
11-22-2014, 02:59 PM
he's definitely our most popular player and the Chiefs know that

he came out of the tunnel last and was announced last when I was there against Seattle and everyone went nuts

wish he play was as good as I thought it was going to be

I thought he was the next big NFL safety like Reed or Polamalu

Good player, but hasn't justified his selection IMHO

KChiefs1
11-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Pro Bowler

BossChief
11-22-2014, 03:11 PM
Eric is the most overrated player this team has ever had IMO.

The Franchise
11-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Eric is the most overrated player this team has ever had IMO.

:rolleyes:

srvy
11-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Go move Earl Thomas to SS and ask him to do the same shit that Berry does and you'd get the same result....if not worse.

Now how can you say that? His College Coach and every coach in the pros he has had see's him playing up on the line of scrimmage. As for Earl Thomas we have not seen him at anything other than Free Safety who is to say him could play Strong and do well. Thats just a guess on your part with no facts to back it up. Berry we have seen at both and he is not earning his payday. If he is hurt he needs to set his ass down and not hurt the team.

ILChief
11-22-2014, 03:32 PM

What is smith's pay compared to other QBs?

Johnny Vegas
11-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Impatient? Why? Because he was injured?

Is he earning less because he was injured?

didn't he have a great year after his acl injury that landed him the extension? he'll bounce back from an ankle sprain but to expect this from any player out 9 games and come back 2013 form in 2 games 4 days within eachother...yea I'm saying you're being impatient.

srvy
11-22-2014, 03:36 PM

Losing him really hurt.

We were gashed by the run last your and DJ was around. By teams also salivated and passed all over us. I think we are right where we are even if DJ was here.

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Yes.

I haven't seen much evidence to support the conclusion that he's playing poorly.

Has he made poor plays? For damned sure. As have Alex Smith, Poe, Houston, etc. Hell, Jamaal has made some shit-ass plays this season.

He also isn't appearing impactful on the stat sheet, I admit, but neither is anyone in our secondary. People were praising Parker as an All-Pro after one good Buffalo game. That guy has, what, 1 INT all year? Sean Smith is having a stellar season. How many INTs for him? 0.

Sorter
11-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Now how can you say that? His College Coach and every coach in the pros he has had see's him playing up on the line of scrimmage. As for Earl Thomas we have not seen him at anything other than Free Safety who is to say him could play Strong and do well. Thats just a guess on your part with no facts to back it up. Berry we have seen at both and he is not earning his payday. If he is hurt he needs to set his ass down and not hurt the team.

http://i.imgur.com/jO0N20P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pFJsrhe.jpg

Earl Thomas not playing FS.

Sorter
11-22-2014, 04:15 PM
As for Eric, playing deep 1/3 or 1/2 is a tiny bit different than his role as an ILB in sub-packages he's been playing during his time here.

They've got 2 years to see how Berry adjusts this. While I agree his production isn't meeting his salary, he's still in the process of learning a new spot and playing adequately. I don't know if that production can be replaced via a combination of Parker/Coleman/Commings/Draft Pick/FA but I wouldn't view him as a waste of money this early.

BossChief
11-22-2014, 05:17 PM
As for Eric, playing deep 1/3 or 1/2 is a tiny bit different than his role as an ILB in sub-packages he's been playing during his time here.

They've got 2 years to see how Berry adjusts this. While I agree his production isn't meeting his salary, he's still in the process of learning a new spot and playing adequately. I don't know if that production can be replaced via a combination of Parker/Coleman/Commings/Draft Pick/FA but I wouldn't view him as a waste of money this early.

When we take a look at the group of players in the nfl who are getting 10m+ Eric is one of the weakest examples out there.

It sucks to say that because I was on top of the world when we drafted him...the guy just doesn't offer much impact.

"He's great against the run"

Our run defense didn't exactly fall apart without him.

He's the best safety against tight ends"

We had the leagues best pass defense while he was out.

If a team would give us a conditional 2nd/3rd for him, I'd take it.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't think anyone is melting down.

People are just beginning to be skeptical about Berry being worth 9 million per in FA.

If Berry starts knocking down balls and intercepting passes back there at single high then imagine everyone will be find with paying him all that money.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Yes.

Berry is a sacred cow around here compared to Bowe, who might as well be Taliban.

BossChief
11-22-2014, 05:22 PM
For him to be worth that kind of jack he needs to be

Ed reed
Brian Dawkins
Troy Polamalu
Jarius Byrd

He raises his level of play and shows flashes of being the playmaker from his first two years at Tennessee...pay the man.

If not, let somebody else do so because difference makers like Houston and Poe need that money.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Berry is a sacred cow around here compared to Bowe, who might as well be Taliban.

True. LMAO

KCrockaholic
11-22-2014, 05:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jO0N20P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pFJsrhe.jpg

Earl Thomas not playing FS.

This is a poor example.

Sorter
11-22-2014, 05:26 PM
This is a poor example.

How so?

Mr. Laz
11-22-2014, 05:26 PM
omg ... you drama queen.

Nobody hates Bowe, he is just not an elite WR and thus not worth 11+ million per year. That's it, stop whining.

right now Bowe is the 4th highest paid receiver in the entire league

1 Calvin Johnson $16,207,143
2 Larry Fitzgerald $16,142,857
3 Mike Wallace $12,000,000
4 Dwayne Bowe $11,200,000

I imagine everyone would be happy as hell to keep Bowe around for #2 wr money.

Golden Tate $6,200,000

KCrockaholic
11-22-2014, 05:28 PM
How so?

He's still the free safety on this play despite not playing the deep end. The free safety isn't always the deepest DB.

The SS is Chancellor as he is on the strong side of the formation of the offense.

Sorter
11-22-2014, 05:40 PM
He's still the free safety on this play despite not playing the deep end. The free safety isn't always the deepest DB.

The SS is Chancellor as he is on the strong side of the formation of the offense.

Okay.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 05:54 PM
:rolleyes:

I'm with BossChief. Eric Berry might be the most over-hyped player in Chiefs history.

Look at Deron Cherry's stats. In his first five seasons, in a league that was geared towards the running game, he had 19 INT's.

Berry, on the other hand, has 8 total.

stevieray
11-22-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm with BossChief. Eric Berry might be the most over-hyped player in Chiefs history.

Look at Deron Cherry's stats. In his first five seasons, in a league that was geared towards the running game, he had 19 INT's.

Berry, on the other hand, has 8 total.

whoa.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 05:59 PM
didn't he have a great year after his acl injury that landed him the extension? he'll bounce back from an ankle sprain but to expect this from any player out 9 games and come back 2013 form in 2 games 4 days within eachother...yea I'm saying you're being impatient.

No, Berry did NOT sign an extension.

Berry signed a 6 year, $50 million dollar deal in 2010.

Why would the Chiefs have needed to extend Berry when he was under contract through 2015?

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 06:01 PM
I haven't seen much evidence to support the conclusion that he's playing poorly.

Has he made poor plays? For damned sure. As have Alex Smith, Poe, Houston, etc. Hell, Jamaal has made some shit-ass plays this season.

He also isn't appearing impactful on the stat sheet, I admit, but neither is anyone in our secondary. People were praising Parker as an All-Pro after one good Buffalo game. That guy has, what, 1 INT all year? Sean Smith is having a stellar season. How many INTs for him? 0.

The bottom line is that he's not playing commeasurate with his $11.6 million dollar salary, just as Bowe isn't playing to his $11.5 million dollar salary.

There's a ton of Bowe hate and a ton of Berry love.

It doesn't make any sense.

Saul Good
11-22-2014, 06:03 PM
What I don't understand is why people are only just now recognizing his shortcomings. I called it last week, and only one person agreed with me. Suddenly, that's all anyone is talking about on sports radio.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 06:04 PM
whoa.

It seems like only us "old timers" remember the 70's, 80's and 90's secondaries and man, were they good!

Lloyd Burress, Gary Barbaro, Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis and Kevin "The Rock" Ross.

Those guys would be the best secondary in the NFL today, bar none.

Discuss Thrower
11-22-2014, 06:04 PM
I don't think anyone is melting down.

People are just beginning to be skeptical about Berry being worth 9 million per in FA.

If Berry starts knocking down balls and intercepting passes back there at single high then imagine everyone will be find with paying him all that money.
And to think I got raked over coals for pointing this out.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 06:05 PM
What I don't understand is why people are only just now recognizing his shortcomings. I called it last week, and only one person agreed with me. Suddenly, that's all anyone is talking about on sports radio.

I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago and was met with a small chorus of boo's.

Oh well. I wish he were playing up to his salary but clearly he's not.

stevieray
11-22-2014, 06:16 PM
It seems like only us "old timers" remember the 70's, 80's and 90's secondaries and man, were they good!

Lloyd Burress, Gary Barbaro, Deron Cherry, Albert Lewis and Kevin "The Rock" Ross.

met Deron a few times..first thought...damn he's big for a DB for those days...in reality he's just thick 5'11''@ 197

TO's were only a matter of time.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2014, 06:17 PM

Loved Albert Lewis

Reerun_KC
11-22-2014, 06:18 PM

Have a vhs tape somewhere with burress cherry lewis and Ross playing Denver.

That secondary was nasty.

KCrockaholic
11-22-2014, 06:25 PM
You can't play corner in today's NFL. Unfortunately that "nasty' secondary wouldn't be the same today.

Still good, yes.

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 06:34 PM
The bottom line is that he's not playing commeasurate with his $11.6 million dollar salary, just as Bowe isn't playing to his $11.5 million dollar salary.

There's a ton of Bowe hate and a ton of Berry love.

It doesn't make any sense.

Given the fact that he's banged up and only played in less than half of our games, I'll definitely agree.

Earl Thomas also isn't living up to his contract this season. Neither was Byrd before injury. Kam Chancellor isn't near what he was last year. What I've seen of Ward has been ass this season.

I'm just offering up a little perspective for people with the noose and pitchforks.

notorious
11-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Berry can make his salary worth it if he makes some big plays against Denver.

I don't expect it, though. He is slow and stiff as fuck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Berry can make his salary worth it if he makes some big plays against Denver.

I don't expect it, though. He is slow and stiff as fuck.

This.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 07:38 PM
You can't play corner in today's NFL.

I mostly disagree.

Sure, the rules make it extremely tough on corners but I think most of the guys playing CB in the NFL are absolutely amazing athletes.

The way some of these guys can provide blanket coverage without mugging WR's is often astonishing to me.

KCrockaholic
11-22-2014, 07:43 PM
I mostly disagree.

Sure, the rules make it extremely tough on corners but I think most of the guys playing CB in the NFL are absolutely amazing athletes.

The way some of these guys can provide blanket coverage without mugging WR's is often astonishing to me.

I agree with that, no doubt. What I mean is they can't play corner like they used to. You think Kevin Ross and Albert Lewis could match up with the athletes of today's corners? They'd be "ok". But wouldn't be the same.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 07:44 PM
I agree with that, no doubt. What I mean is they can't play corner like they used to. You think Kevin Ross and Albert Lewis could match up with the athletes of today's corners? They'd be "ok". But wouldn't be the same.

Albert Lewis? Absolutely. He was long and lean and soooooooooooo smooth. He was amazing on Special Teams, too.

Ross may have a little more trouble but I think his athleticism would have allowed him to a be a very good #3, if not a good #2.

KCrockaholic
11-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Albert Lewis? Absolutely. He was long and lean and soooooooooooo smooth. He was amazing on Special Teams, too.

Ross may have a little more trouble but I think his athleticism would have allowed him to a be a very good #3, if not a good #2.

If they were in their prime, and played today, could they match up with guys like what Arizona has (Patrick Peterson and Antonio)? Just a general question.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Albert Lewis 6-2, 200

was very quick for being that big

dude was a beast

BlackOp
11-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Berry was playing fantastic his rookie season...He looked like the next great Safety. Since his injury...he has been a an above average player. He is in no way a "Superstar"...or game-changer. He is riding on name recognition..

In fairness...that $11.6 million is because of the absurd rookie pay-scale that he was part of. It's why people didn't normally draft that position #5 overall. I wish he had continued to progress into the best in the league..it didn't work out that way.

Berry is a 6 million a year player....if he had been drafted in the 2nd round..I would be OK with him and his adjusted salary.

KCrockaholic
11-22-2014, 09:32 PM
His rookie season was good, but slightly overrated IMO. Last year was his best season.

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 09:38 PM
His rookie season is horribly overrated.

It took him like 8 weeks to get his first INT and, IIRC, it came against a putrid Titans team that was surely starting some scrub at QB.

He looked like shit in man coverage and got legitimately raped by Antonio Gates. To this day, when people say he sucks in man coverage, it's because of his rookie season.

He ended on a decent note by being everywhere in the playoff slaughterhouse against Baltimore.

KCrockaholic
11-22-2014, 09:40 PM
His rookie season is horribly overrated.

It took him like 8 weeks to get his first INT and, IIRC, it came against a putrid Titans team that was surely starting some scrub at QB.

He looked like shit in man coverage and got legitimately raped by Antonio Gates. To this day, when people say he sucks in man coverage, it's because of his rookie season.

He ended on a decent note by being everywhere in the playoff slaughterhouse against Baltimore.

He helped win us the Buffalo Bills game that season. Everyone seems to forget that one.

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 09:43 PM
He helped win us the Buffalo Bills game that season. Everyone seems to forget that one.

He's helped us win a lot of games. He's been one of our best defenders since he got here.

KCrockaholic
11-22-2014, 09:44 PM
He's helped us win a lot of games. He's been one of our best defenders since he got here.

Yep

BlackOp
11-22-2014, 10:39 PM
When a player goes out...and the team not only doesn't miss a beat..but actually improves...and said player is the highest paid player/team is cash strapped? That is the debate...Berry still has trade value.

Maybe you guys think he is more valuable than I do...

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Our offense has had some of its best games while Jamaal has been out.

Is he not worthy of his contract either?

BossChief
11-22-2014, 10:46 PM
3 forced fumbles and 8 picks for a 5 year vet.

Let's be objective here.

The guy hasn't lived up to expectations.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2014, 10:47 PM

Silly

BlackOp
11-22-2014, 10:48 PM

That's a red herring...JC and Berry arent related to this discussion. JC is a Superstar...Berry is not.

BossChief
11-22-2014, 10:49 PM

Don't be silly.

Jamaal Charles impacts every single game he plays in.

Berry is a solid defender...he isn't a top tier safety...and apart from a play or 2, very rarely impacts the win loss column.

Sorry, he just isn't the playmaking game changer we thought he would be thus far.

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 11:45 PM
3 forced fumbles and 8 picks for a 5 year vet.

Let's be objective here.

The guy hasn't lived up to expectations.

We've been over this too many times.

I've compared him to Earl Thomas, which is pretty dumb considering the stark contrast in the way the two are used. ET averaged something like 1.2 INT more PER SEASON than EB. Meanwhile, Berry is far more productive making plays behind the LOS in sacks and TFLs, plus he has 3 TDs in his career. That's making a hell of an impact.

I remember comparing stats for Kam Chancellor and TJ Ward as well, which makes way more sense given position and scheme and Berry has a better stat sheet than either.

Your argument of him not impacting W/L record is so paper thin it's incredible. You could literally make the same argument for DJ or Flowers. This is a team sport and each guy contributes.

ThaVirus
11-22-2014, 11:47 PM
He has been a top tier safety as well.

He's been voted as such by fans (who are idiots, I know), his peers, and coaches in the league.

He's been awarded All-Pro status.

Any "top safety" rankings prior to this season would have included EB in the top 5 at the very least.

That's elite, brother.

BlackOp
11-22-2014, 11:51 PM

I've compared him to Earl Thomas, which is pretty dumb considering the stark contrast in the way the two are used. ET averaged something like 1.2 INT more PER SEASON than EB. Meanwhile, Berry is far more productive making plays behind the LOS in sacks and TFLs, plus he has 3 TDs in his career. That's making a hell of an impact.

I remember comparing stats for Kam Chancellor and TJ Ward as well, which makes way more sense given position and scheme and Berry has a better stat sheet than either.

Your argument of him not impacting W/L record is so paper thin it's incredible. You could literally make the same argument for DJ or Flowers. This is a team sport and each guy contributes.

Berry makes TWICE what DJ makes...dudes not worth it. Not in Sutton's scheme anyway. Cut ties..get a draft pick...better utilize the $$. For $11 million..KC could get a better player...or two.

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2014, 12:02 AM

Five sacks in five years is hardly game changing. As I pointed out earlier, he has 11 less INT's than Deron Cherry's first five years in the league.

The mere fact that the pass defense was rated #1 in the league without him means that his $8.3 million dollar salary can be better utilized on a different position.

He's not irreplaceable.

ThaVirus
11-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Berry makes TWICE what DJ makes...dudes not worth it. Not in Sutton's scheme anyway. Cut ties..get a draft pick...better utilize the $$. For $11 million..KC could get a better player...or two.

I won't disagree with the fact that he needs to be making less but 1) there's universal agreement that DJ took a very team friendly contract and he's worth much more and 2) there's no reason to ignore logic when talking about the guy. It's like you guys literally expect an INT every game for him to live up to the expectation.

For example, go take a look at George's latest Ten Things. "What did Justin Houston do? 1 sack and 4 tackles. Not good enough" LMAO Uh, what more could you ask for?

Discuss Thrower
11-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Five sacks in five years is hardly game changing. As I pointed out earlier, he has 11 less INT's than Deron Cherry's first five years in the league.

The mere fact that the pass defense was rated #1 in the league without him means that his $8.3 million dollar salary can be better utilized on a different position.

He's not irreplaceable.

Going into this year his overall numbers in the secondary were comparable to Barry Church..

ThaVirus
11-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Going into this year his overall numbers in the secondary were comparable to Barry Church..

That's cool. Except Barry Church blows cocks and Berry doesn't..

A defender can make a hell of an impact without filling up the stat sheet. It's pretty simple for a QB to simply throw the ball away from a guy if he's doing his job.

BlackOp
11-23-2014, 12:39 AM
I dont have an issue with Berry per se...I think his production vs. his salary hurts the team. That's my only "iron in the fire" with this debate..

Chiefs Pantalones
11-23-2014, 10:39 AM
The problem is we were expecting a superstar. I don't know why it's hard for people to admit that he has been far from that. The season isn't over yet though and he can help us obviously. This may sound crazy but when I watch him play I don't see passion anymore.

KCrockaholic
11-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Well I think whatever contract he ends up getting will be pretty favorable towards the team. I think he'll actually make less on his next contract than what he's making now. He was part of the last rookie class in getting those HUGE overpriced contracts before the new CBA.

Somewhere around 7Mil per year would be fair for Berry IMO.

Rausch
11-23-2014, 11:45 AM
I dont have an issue with Berry per se...I think his production vs. his salary hurts the team. That's my only "iron in the fire" with this debate..

When he's healthy he's clearly a top 5 S.

I only agree due to him being injured. His injuries are starting to pile up...

Easy 6
11-23-2014, 12:32 PM
If he is asked to restructure and doesnt... I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

He has underperformed in relation to his salary, and as Dane said... being #1 against the pass without him says quite a lot. Come to think of it, his return didnt do much vs the run game, either.

I'd like to keep him if possible, but he's not a huge priority as crazy as that might sound.

notorious
11-23-2014, 12:43 PM
If his pay is cut in half he can stay.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Been talking about paying a box safety this much for awhile now and people just get pissed. I just think we need to rethink how we spend our money.

Eric Berry $11,619,700
Dwayne Bowe $11,485,294
Tamba Hali $11,464,706

Can't we do better than this for 33 million dollars per?

Berry out - abdullah and parker in
Bowe out - 2 solid WR vets in (would be Avery 2.8m out too)
Hali out - Ndamukong Suh in

Yes ... stepping away from Berry/Bowe/Hali could mean that it would be financially possible to have Houston and Suh along our Dline. How about Houston at rushbacker(Hali's spot) and Suh right beside him ala Thomas/Neil Smith?

Houston/Suh/Poe/Bailey

long shot but it's just a point about how to spend the money

pugsnotdrugs19
11-23-2014, 01:04 PM
I would rather keep Parker to play safety and release Berry at this point.

But that could change, I guess.

Holy hell the loss still hurts.

O.city
11-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Trade him to Cleveland for gordon

Snapplez
11-23-2014, 06:00 PM
When he's healthy he's clearly a top 5 S.

I only agree due to him being injured. His injuries are starting to pile up...

He's been injured twice in five years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Eric Berry is the bizarro Dwayne Bowe. Both are similarly talented but every failing of the former is overlooked while the failings of the latter are scrutinized to an excruciatingly pedantic degree.

Titty Meat
11-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Eric Berry is the bizarro Dwayne Bowe. Both are similarly talented but every failing of the former is overlooked while the failings of the latter are scrutinized to an excruciatingly pedantic degree.

Neither is worth their contract. The team has already proven it can win without Berry.

Dragonocho
11-23-2014, 07:05 PM
The fact that we are paying $11 million to a player who people argue could be cut and improve the team is enough for me. And Bowe.

ILChief
11-23-2014, 07:48 PM
He did a nice Kendrick Lewis impression Thursday night

scho63
11-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Been talking about paying a box safety this much for awhile now and people just get pissed. I just think we need to rethink how we spend our money.

Eric Berry $11,619,700 - OVERPAID AND NEVER THE SAME SINCE HIS INJURY
Dwayne Bowe $11,485,294 - OUR #1 RECEIVER WITH ZERO TD GRABS AND BASICALLY A GLORIFIED TIGHT END AS OPPOSED TO A #1 WR
Tamba Hali $11,464,706 - PLAYS HARD BUT ON THE DOWNSIDE OF HIS CAREER.

Can't we do better than this for 33 million dollars per?

:thumb:

You certainly would think so! :banghead:

BossChief
11-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Fasano gets 4.3
Daniel gets 4.5
Mays gets 4+
Avery gets about 4 (which I think he's well worth it when healthy)
DJ is slated for over 5

Lots of big decisions coming up

spanky 52
11-24-2014, 06:57 AM
It seems like our secondary has sucked since Berry came back. Parker and Abdullah were playing pretty well at safety were they not?

srvy
11-24-2014, 07:46 AM
CP and their sacred cows. I said before the season began Berry won't see another contract with the Chiefs. It was like I mocked god around here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-24-2014, 07:50 AM
CP and their sacred cows. I said before the season began Berry won't see another contract with the Chiefs. It was like I mocked god around here.

LMAO

ILChief
11-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Fasano gets 4.3
Daniel gets 4.5
Mays gets 4+
Avery gets about 4 (which I think he's well worth it when healthy)
DJ is slated for over 5

Lots of big decisions coming up

The first three are no brainer cuts

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 10:23 AM
It seems like our secondary has sucked since Berry came back. Parker and Abdullah were playing pretty well at safety were they not?

Has more to do with injuries, I'd say.

We'd be much better off with Parker at S than CB but with Owens and Fleming out and Cooper incapable of covering Aunt May we have to make the switch.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Well, now we find out what's what.

TimeForWasp
11-24-2014, 07:25 PM
I didn't mention it in the game, but when he was trying to catch Murrey he looked like he wasn't healthy. I think he is still playing hurt."

I thought something wrong. Damn, wish now I was wrong about that.

OldSchool
11-24-2014, 08:31 PM
"

I thought something wrong. Damn, wish now I was wrong about that.

Berry looked slow on that play, but the truth is that Murray is just fast. He ran under 4.4 at his pro-day.

TimeForWasp
11-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Berry looked slow on that play, but the truth is that Murray is just fast. He ran under 4.4 at his pro-day.

I was looking at his face and him slowing down at the end. He seemed sick to me.

TimeForWasp
11-24-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm not trying to say I called it or anything like that. I just noticed it.

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 10:11 PM
People say he looked slow but that RB is actually fast as shit.

It was Berry's angle that fucked him over, not his lack of closing speed.

MahiMike
11-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Anybody feel guilty now?

OldSchool
11-25-2014, 01:30 AM
I was looking at his face and him slowing down at the end. He seemed sick to me.

He looked sick because he knew that he just fucked up on the play and slowed down because he knew that he wasn't going to catch the RB.

11-25-2014, 01:56 AM
oops

Baby Lee
11-25-2014, 02:14 AM
rigged /ramtard

Actually, I wish ramtard was here right now so I could punch the stupid out of him.

Tribal Warfare
11-25-2014, 02:20 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RdoyKU08BGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz
11-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Anybody feel guilty now?
not even a little bit

I have not seen a single person attack Berry personally.

It has all been Salary level vrs Performance.

Nobody wanted Berry to get sick or hurt.

The evaluation process still stands.

srvy
11-25-2014, 07:33 AM
not even a little bit

This

the Talking Can
11-25-2014, 07:57 AM
not even a little bit

yeah, the all-pro, multi-year probowler wasn't living up to his contract

he had yet to be named all-galaxy

ottawa_chiefs_fan
11-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Now is when we should be flying a banner - for Eric.

ThaVirus
11-25-2014, 11:04 AM

Hey! He's not a game changer, OK!?!

He returned damn near half of his INTs for TDs but nope! Not an impact player at all!

Wallcrawler
11-25-2014, 11:29 AM
not even a little bit

This, and it hasn't gone on just about Berry either. When you commit an enormous portion of your team's salary to one player, the heat is on. That player MUST produce at the level the pay demands, because he's being paid enough for 2-3 regular players.

Its dangerous. He's been injured the majority of this season, came back and looked okay, and now this. However you slice it, his contribution on the field has not matched the paychecks he's been getting.

For whatever its worth on the 90 yard TD, they clocked Latavius Murray at over 20 mph on that run. He was hitting Lorenzo Cain gear, in full pads. That's a fast ass SOB right there.

DL/LB/and S all combined mistakes for that play to happen, its not just all on Berry. Mauga stays in his gap, he doesn't get up to that top gear that can outrun Berry.

I hate that this has happened to Berry. He's a great person and a great talent, but the things being said prior to discovering his condition don't just become false because of his horrific diagnosis.

He was not producing at a level that justified what we were committing to him in the salary cap. He basically played LB for us last season, and we seriously overpaid last season for his box safety/LB play.

This year, just a snakebitten year. The heel problems before the season, the ankle injury in week 2, and now he may never play again.

My family is praying for him to be okay, for whatever ****ing good that will do. Perhaps some religious fanatics can explain how any just God would decide for a standup kid like Eric Berry to get "blessed" with Lymphoma when there are so many worthless, thieving, murdering, drug slinging, child molesting, wastes of human flesh in this world that are FAR more deserving of that shit.

#ThatsNotFunnyGod

beach tribe
11-25-2014, 11:30 AM
My wife is an Oncology nurse, and deals with lymphoma daily.

I'm sorry to say that I doubt we will see Berry on the field anytime soon, if ever.

Prayers are with you Eric.

ModSocks
11-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Im at the point where i think imma have to take some days off of CP. Seeing this thread really just depresses the shit out of me.

Titty Meat
11-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Im at the point where i think imma have to take some days off of CP. Seeing this thread really just depresses the shit out of me.

Because we all know he had cancer when this thread was made. It's a football discussion board we discuss football here. nobody said anything about him personally. What's the big deal?

ModSocks
11-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Because we all know he had cancer when this thread was made. It's a football discussion board we discuss football here. nobody said anything about him personally. What's the big deal?

WTF are you even talking about?

beach tribe
11-25-2014, 12:15 PM

Defensive much?

Johnny Vegas
11-25-2014, 03:18 PM

hey when you got identical numbers to the praised Sean Taylor you're not living up to the contract.

BossChief
11-25-2014, 04:29 PM

Berry ran an official 4.47 at the combine (with hand clocked times at sub 4.4)

OldSchool
11-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Berry ran an official 4.47 at the combine (with hand clocked times at sub 4.4)

Yeah, but he has also had an ACL injury.

Murray ran a 4.38 at his pro-day, Berry wasn't going to catch him when he took the poor angle that he did and had to reverse his momentum.

I really just hope that they caught the cancer early enough for him to live a long and healthy life after treatment. It doesn't matter if he ever comes back to the football field or not at this point.

Mr. Laz
11-25-2014, 05:40 PM
WTF are you even talking about?

He's talking about the people trying to make others feel guilty about discussing whether or not Berry was worth 9 million a year, now that he's sick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-25-2014, 06:02 PM
I just realized that Berry was the next man up for defensive leadership if Hali and DJ get the shaft.

If all 3 are gone, then who becomes "the man"?

Don't say Houston or Poe. You can just keep your goddamned fingers off the keyboard before you try an embarrass yourself like that.

OldSchool
11-25-2014, 06:03 PM
I just realized that Berry was the next man up for defensive leadership if Hali and DJ get the shaft.

If all 3 are gone, then who becomes "the man"?

Don't say Houston or Poe. You can just keep your goddamned fingers off the keyboard before you try an embarrass yourself like that.

Well, the team wanted it to be Houston before extending him. So it's going to have to be Houston.

Berry will likely get cut this next off-season if there is no chance of him coming back. There is your room to keep both Hali and Houston on the roster.

Rausch
11-25-2014, 06:03 PM

Some lead by example. By actions.

Some people have to be forced into the role...

Chiefnj2
11-25-2014, 06:09 PM
The salary cap hasn't been a top 10 issue contributing to KC's decades long playoff victory drought, yet an abnormally large number of CP posters are absolutely fixated and paranoid over it.

Mr. Laz
11-25-2014, 06:17 PM
The salary cap hasn't been a top 10 issue contributing to KC's decades long playoff victory drought, yet an abnormally large number of CP posters are absolutely fixated and paranoid over it.
You have no idea whether or not the salary cap has been an issue or not.

None

It's either the salary cap or Hunt not wanting to spend, or both.

otherwise why don't we have every great player that hits FA?

Why would we ever have to release any good players?

Our bench should be filled with starters ala the yankees since we have no spending limit.

Rausch
11-25-2014, 06:19 PM
You have no idea whether or not the salary cap has been an issue or not.

None

It's either the salary cap or Hunt not wanting to spend, or both.

otherwise why don't we have every great player that hits FA?

Why would we ever have to release any good players?

Our bench should be filled with starters ala the yankees since we have no spending limit.

You have to draft well and we draft like $#it.

Teams like Denver and Seattle drafted great and added the finishing touches in free agency.

ILChief
11-25-2014, 06:23 PM
You have to draft well and we draft like $#it.

Teams like Denver and Seattle drafted great and added the finishing touches in free agency.

We have drafted pretty well recently

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Well, the team wanted it to be Houston before extending him. So it's going to have to be Houston.

Berry will likely get cut this next off-season if there is no chance of him coming back. There is your room to keep both Hali and Houston on the roster.

Some lead by example. By actions.

Some people have to be forced into the role...

That'd be great, but I don't see it in his personality thus far.

Rausch
11-25-2014, 06:27 PM
We have drafted pretty well recently

I disagree, but it's early.

And really it's three games. The draft is a game and a challenge all to itself. Trading up, down, and selecting. Knowing when to or not to.

Free agency is another game within the game. It can make or break a team.

The season itself is the main part everyone concentrates on. Even then a GM has trade options, injuries, and moves in-season.

I don't think we've done better than average at all three areas since the early 90's...

Buns
11-25-2014, 06:27 PM
I would hope that if the Chiefs can pay him out, without it hitting the cap, they would. Let him retire a Chief, just as he should have been entering his prime.

Eleazar
07-31-2015, 10:17 AM
This isn't the thread I was looking for.
Posted via Mobile Device