PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Was the season-destroying abomination last night an indicator of good KC coaching?

Rain Man
11-21-2014, 09:14 AM
I know that sounds stupid, but hear me out, good fellows of Chiefsplanet.

We've talked all season about the magic that has been performed with backups (Mauga, JMJ), guys off the street (Parker, Abdullah, Hammond, etc.), and mid to late round pickups (Knile, Fulton, Kelce, DAT, Gaines, etc.)

Maybe the magic has been good game planning and good practices. The Chiefs had a short week this week, so more than any other week, they were relying on talent and strong execution to take the game. Talent and execution didn't work at all. Not at all.

Does that mean that the 7-3 part before this is an outcome of being very well prepared for games where they've had a week or more to prepare? Remember too how strong Andy's record is after bye weeks.

Poll to follow, but I need some time to prepare it or otherwise it'll lose to some terrible 0-10 poll.

Coochie liquor
11-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Classic tarp game . I think we bounce back against Dungkeys.

Big Poppa Payne
11-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Bad coaching, terrible calls (especially the phantom Ron Parker PI on the final drive) and a lack of motivation from the players is why we lost this game. However I don't think the season is anywhere near over, all we have to do is win 3 more games and we're in the dance. The Chiefs have good young talent but someone needs to relieve Andy Reid of his play calling duties or we won't win 3 more games.

Chief_For_Life58
11-21-2014, 09:47 AM
if we play good football, we'll win games

ptlyon
11-21-2014, 09:52 AM
if we play good football, we'll win games

Thanks Herm

Lex Luthor
11-21-2014, 10:59 AM
The loss sucked. You could even call it an abomination. But I think "season-destroying" might be a bit of hyperbole.

ViperVisor
11-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Injuries can stick a knife in your season. This is 1 game. It took playoff odds down to 2/3 chance instead of like 3/4.

Avoided that is the best thing about last night's debacle.

Still control the future and 3 of the 5 are Home cookin.

saphojunkie
11-21-2014, 11:13 AM
People need to seriously calm the fuck down and realize that winning a division road game on a short week in the rain and mud is not a fucking gimme.

There are five games left and the Chiefs are still in the driver's seat in regards to making the playoffs. Nothing is fucked here, dude, nothing is fucked.

http://filmski-likovi.yolasite.com/resources/bscap0035.jpg

ModSocks
11-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Exactly my thoughts this morning Rainman.

This team just doesn't have the talent up front and at WR to just come in and play man to man and win.

This team has to scheme to beat other teams. The short week fucked us bad.

At the beginning of the game the commentator mentioned that Reid was recycling his game plan from last week.....the moment he said that i knew we were fucked.

Katipan
11-21-2014, 11:19 AM
It was almost a year to the day since their last win. My kids say the NFL is fixed.

So funny.

I don't talk like that around them.

No clue where they got it from.

ModSocks
11-21-2014, 11:20 AM
It was almost a year to the day since their last win. My kids say the NFL is fixed.

So funny.

Oakland just wanted it more. It was their Superbowl, it really was.

Big Poppa Payne
11-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Oakland just wanted it more. It was their Superbowl, it really was.

I agree. It was like when we beat the undefeated packers a few years back.

MTG#10
11-21-2014, 11:38 AM
That loss sucked but I halfway expected it and I'm not near as pissed as I thought I'd be. This is still a good team that has proven they can beat anyone, people need to put things into perspective.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-21-2014, 12:29 PM
I know both teams were playing in the same conditions but I did notice our defensive backs, Charles and DAT were ALL having issues with footing. I wonder if the Raiders had longer cleats ??

ViperVisor
11-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Hate that this game bothers me and I can't help looking at parts of it.

Hate to point out Jamaal not doing more cause he does a lot. But he missed a chance to make a heads up play.

Smith eyes the giant hole in the defense. *Top 3 guys clear out the defense.
Hoping Jamaal sees it and turns around. *Easy 1st down+ and gets out of bounds to stop the clock.
Jamaal goes middle to where the LB is waiting.
Sacked cause McGlynn is a moron.

http://i.imgur.com/8YKaSku.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bDNx1zQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KAf8Y6N.jpg

Jimmya
11-21-2014, 01:23 PM
I just hate it because it seems that our D has to play almost perfect in order for us to pull out a victory.

Mr. Laz
11-21-2014, 01:28 PM
probably shows the limitations of Andy Reid

very good coach who just can't seem be great

bevischief
11-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Bad coaching, terrible calls (especially the phantom Ron Parker PI on the final drive) and a lack of motivation from the players is why we lost this game. However I don't think the season is anywhere near over, all we have to do is win 3 more games and we're in the dance. The Chiefs have good young talent but someone needs to relieve Andy Reid of his play calling duties or we won't win 3 more games.

We were warned about Andy and play calling when he was hired.

Aspengc8
11-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Hate that this game bothers me and I can't help looking at parts of it.

Hate to point out Jamaal not doing more cause he does a lot. But he missed a chance to make a heads up play.

Smith eyes the giant hole in the defense. *Top 3 guys clear out the defense.
Hoping Jamaal sees it and turns around. *Easy 1st down+ and gets out of bounds to stop the clock.
Jamaal goes middle to where the LB is waiting.
Sacked cause McGlynn is a moron.

http://i.imgur.com/8YKaSku.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bDNx1zQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KAf8Y6N.jpg

I think Jamaal is running the route he is supposed to. (will confirm when I re-watch tonight)

Chiefs in 3x1 'Trey open'. Faiders showing what looks like cover 2 or cover 4. Most likely cover 4 in this situation with the inside DB's buzzing. Play looks like its going to be 4 verticals, fades on the outside, kelse deep cross, slot seam.
Charles leaks under towards the crosser to create a hi/low read down the middle.

Discuss Thrower
11-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Overachieving team going through the second year of a rebuild. Nothing more, nothing less.

NWTF
11-23-2014, 11:06 AM
This is still one of the top coached team in the league. Given the normal amount of time to scheme and game plan the Chiefs win by 10.

Overall talent vs talent this team is middle of the pack at best.
WIth a typical run of the mill coaching staff this team is barely .500 at seasons end.

With no deep attack and weak pass protection Andy has done an excellent job with the smoke and mirrors short game and blocking scheme. Any big plays that show up in the stats were well schemed/blocked short plays/runs. Andy is also good at out orchestrating opposing coaches to play to the style game the Chiefs need to play to come out with wins.

The defense is playing well despite not being that overall talented. The secondary is sub par but the pass rush erases that.

This team is easily one of the 12 best due to being one of the best coached and will make the playoffs. Highly likely a WC, and good probability a road one and done. They just dont have enough horses to go deep yet.

Carnivore
11-23-2014, 03:24 PM

So funny.

If u look at the wide open lane that kniles Davis has on 3rd and 1 then turns left? Then the throw outta bounds when Bowe is wide open in the end zone.
Then the icing on the cake was the no excessive celebration at the end...the game was rigged from the beginning... Prove me wrong???

Discuss Thrower
11-23-2014, 03:26 PM
This is still one of the top coached team in the league. Given the normal amount of time to scheme and game plan the Chiefs win by 10.

Overall talent vs talent this team is middle of the pack at best.
WIth a typical run of the mill coaching staff this team is barely .500 at seasons end.

With no deep attack and weak pass protection Andy has done an excellent job with the smoke and mirrors short game and blocking scheme. Any big plays that show up in the stats were well schemed/blocked short plays/runs. Andy is also good at out orchestrating opposing coaches to play to the style game the Chiefs need to play to come out with wins.

The defense is playing well despite not being that overall talented. The secondary is sub par but the pass rush erases that.

This team is easily one of the 12 best due to being one of the best coached and will make the playoffs. Highly likely a WC, and good probability a road one and done. They just dont have enough horses to go deep yet.
... If the team can't win in a win or go home situation then they probably aren't very well coached then, are they..

milkman
11-23-2014, 03:36 PM
... If the team can't win in a win or go home situation then they probably aren't very well coached then, are they..

That's just stupid.

rockachalk
11-23-2014, 05:03 PM
haha Is this thread real life? We hold the number 1 WD spot as of right now. As I type this, Denver is down to the fins at half IN THEIR HOUSE! We play Denver next week at HOME. We have a chance to win the division. The season is far from over. It sucks we lost to the raiders, but that was more because Mauga missed his assignment and let the raiders rip a 90 yard run in one play.

I felt less discouraged about that game after the half. It was a completely day and night difference from the first half. We're going to be okay.

milkman
11-23-2014, 05:45 PM
haha Is this thread real life? We hold the number 1 WD spot as of right now. As I type this, Denver is down to the fins at half IN THEIR HOUSE! We play Denver next week at HOME. We have a chance to win the division. The season is far from over. It sucks we lost to the raiders, but that was more because Mauga missed his assignment and let the raiders rip a 90 yard run in one play.

I felt less discouraged about that game after the half. It was a completely day and night difference from the first half. We're going to be okay.

And none of this has anything to do with the question.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
11-23-2014, 06:13 PM
If u look at the wide open lane that kniles Davis has on 3rd and 1 then turns left? Then the throw outta bounds when Bowe is wide open in the end zone.
Then the icing on the cake was the no excessive celebration at the end...the game was rigged from the beginning... Prove me wrong???

Yes, the NFL obviously rigs games in the Raiders' favor. Nothing gets by this guy.:tinfoil:

Carnivore
11-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Yes, the NFL obviously rigs games in the Raiders' favor. Nothing gets by this guy.:tinfoil:

Then explain the three plays I outlined??? I watched the game, did u?

Jiu Jitsu Jon
11-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Yes, I watched the game. Ok, setting aside the celebration for a minute, are you arguing that the Chiefs threw this game on purpose?

Carnivore
11-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Yes, I watched the game. Ok, setting aside the celebration for a minute, are you arguing that the Chiefs threw this game on purpose?

Yes!! Explain y a straight ahead runner( Davis) has a hole u could drive a Peterbuilt thru, yet he cuts to the left?? This was a 3rd & 1??? Smith rolls to his right, Bowe is wide open in the end zone. He doesn't even throw it on the edge to give Bowe a chance to catch it??? He throws it to the side line. We kicked for a field goal right after. Had we got the TD it woulda been tied at the end of regulation

Carnivore
11-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Any other team in the nfl would have had excessive celebration called on them???

Fairplay
11-23-2014, 06:24 PM
We need a gay day with clay to get our minds off this loss

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Season over

Carnivore
11-23-2014, 06:33 PM
We stop Marshawn Lynch 3rd & 1 on the goal line, then 4th & 1 on the goal line??? Yet we can't stop Reech?? A rookie??

Fairplay
11-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Let's burn our Jerseys in a huge bonfire, everyone meet at arrowhead parking lot gate D tomorrow at 5 PM.

InChiefsHeaven
11-23-2014, 06:45 PM
After watching the Donks barely win at home against the Phins...

This team can beat the Broncos. We got 10 days of down time for preparation. IF we win next week, we are beyond legit.

Having said that, it'll be a goddam monumental win. Lets go Chiefs. DO IT!!

Rain Man
11-23-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm looking at the scores this week, and it was pretty much the worst possible outcome in every single game. The Chiefs lost a game in every relevant team in the entire AFC this week. To quote Charlie Brown, "Good grief."

Psyko Tek
11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
probably shows the limitations of Andy Reid

very good coach who just can't seem be great

I feel, Andy bails and goes pass wacky if charles does break out the first series

look how the seattle game was called, and then how this abomination was called?

I think he gets away from the run and goes cute if Jamaal doesn't sustain the first drive

Chiefs4TheWin
11-23-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm looking at the scores this week, and it was pretty much the worst possible outcome in every single game. The Chiefs lost a game in every relevant team in the entire AFC this week. To quote Charlie Brown, "Good grief."

Yeah this week pretty much sealed some excellent scenarios away. I think at best now it's a visit to the AFC north division winner.

At worst it's missing the playoffs.

Although "Because we are the Chiefs" dictates we'll make the playoffs and get wrecked by Luck to continue the streak.

rockachalk
11-23-2014, 10:44 PM
After watching the Donks barely win at home against the Phins...

This team can beat the Broncos. We got 10 days of down time for preparation. IF we win next week, we are beyond legit.

Having said that, it'll be a goddam monumental win. Lets go Chiefs. DO IT!!

Yep. :thumb: I like the optimism. We took it down to the wire and nearly pulled out a victory on their turf earlier this year. After watching them struggle against the phins (at home) and getting their shit pushed in by the Rams, I'm liking our chances at arrowhead sunday night on primetime. Good night sweet donkeys!

rockachalk
11-23-2014, 10:48 PM
And none of this has anything to do with the question.

It doesn't. I just read the emotional headline and decided to throw in my $.02.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
11-23-2014, 11:01 PM
I started Kelce on my FF team. He was disappoint.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2014, 03:37 AM
I don't like the fact that the Chiefs lost on the road to Raiders but these types of losses happen every week in the NFL.

The Broncos lost to the Rams, NE lost to the Dolphins, Pittsburgh lost to the Jets, Green Bay lost to New Orleans and on and on and on.

All that matters now is how the Chiefs respond against the Broncos next Sunday.

KChiefs1
11-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Better see a Pats type game tonight then.