PDA

View Full Version : Football Marshawn Lynch....yea.

WakkaWakka
11-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Lynch's interview after beating the Cardinals today.

http://nfl.cpl.delvenetworks.com/player/carousel/bleacher.html?channelId=de89a8aeb3e422bac4eb48567f10ebd0&mediaId=f0c345961da648c98366a3b1d27e2051

Jimmya
11-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Dude has some loose screws.....

Buck
11-23-2014, 09:15 PM
The reporters are the cringey ones here, not Lynch.

Jim Lahey
11-23-2014, 09:17 PM
I always find it comical when athletes and coaches give stupid simple answers like this.

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 09:23 PM
The reporters are the cringey ones here, not Lynch.

Why? They are being paid to do a job. Lynch is purposely acting like a moron because he was fined for acting like a baby after a game.

I wish I would have been one of the reporters. My questions would have been:

Marshawn, did you find it easier to come out of the closet after Michael Sam made his announcement?........yeah.

Marshawn, do you find it awkward to shower with your teammates because of your micropenis?............yeah.

WakkaWakka
11-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Why? They are being paid to do a job. Lynch is purposely acting like a moron because he was fined for acting like a baby after a game.

Marshawn, did you find it easier to come out of the closet after Michael Sam made his announcement?........yeah.

Marshawn, do you find it awkward to shower with your teammates because if your micropenis?............yeah.

LMAO

-King-
11-23-2014, 09:32 PM

Marshawn, do you find it awkward to shower with your teammates because of your micropenis?............yeah.

Marshawn is getting paid to do a job also. Play football.

Kman34
11-23-2014, 09:36 PM

Dude...He would have squashed you like a bug for asking them that...LMAO

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 09:36 PM

Part of that job includes talking to the media after games. It's in the CBA. If he's too stupid to realize that media exposure is one of the reasons the NFL can pay such high salaries, he's a fucking dumbass.

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Dude...He would have squashed you like a bug for asking them that...LMAO

Sweet, medical bills paid for and huge settlement.

Just Passin' By
11-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Part of that job includes talking to the media after games. It's in the CBA. If he's too stupid to realize that media exposure is one of the reasons the NFL can pay such high salaries, he's a ****ing dumbass.

They are forced to talk to the media, and then they are fined if the team, or league, doesn't like what they say. These guys should all just answer questions by reading off instruction manuals and recipes, until that issue is fixed.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2014, 09:38 PM
He's a douche

mdstu
11-23-2014, 09:39 PM

He is getting paid to do more than play football, hence the fine last week.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-23-2014, 09:40 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4qLPdI7bZnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chromatic
11-23-2014, 09:40 PM

That, and in a time where more and more reporters are looking to misconstrue anything players say to create controversy in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and make money, I don't blame Marshawn for telling these idiots to pound sand.

Good on him.

lewdog
11-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Well I sure am glad he's good at football. I'd hate to see the welfare check he'd get for all the groceries he needs to be a ripped machine.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Gets paid millions so he can at least make an effort

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 09:47 PM
That, and in a time where more and more reporters are looking to misconstrue anything players say to create controversy in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and make money, I don't blame Marshawn for telling these idiots to pound sand.

Good on him.

Yeah, those questions were definitely an attempt to create controversy. :rolleyes:

Was the game plan centered around trying to pound Arizona's defense with the run?.........I refuse to answer such a loaded question. I'm afraid you might misconstrue what I'm saying.

Pushead2
11-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Meh, I don't really mind it. He doesn't want to talk. someone else would love to.

mdstu
11-23-2014, 09:52 PM

Good on him.

As a paying customer, I want great plays, big hits, and interesting sound bytes. If millions of dollars isn't enough to encourage this guy to do the job, maybe he should find another one.

I do plenty of things at work that I find idiotic and sometimes mind numbing, but I push through it, because it feeds the family.

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 09:53 PM
As a paying customer, I want great plays, big hits, and interesting sound bytes. If millions of dollars isn't enough to encourage this guy to do the job, maybe he should find another one.

I do plenty of things at work that I find idiotic and sometimes mind numbing, but I push through it, because it feeds the family.

Yeah.

-King-
11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Part of that job includes talking to the media after games. It's in the CBA. If he's too stupid to realize that media exposure is one of the reasons the NFL can pay such high salaries, he's a fucking dumbass.

Cool. He's talking to them now. They might not be the answers they want to hear, but nothing says that he has to give them those answers.

mdstu
11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Maybe?

KCrockaholic
11-23-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't really get his hatred for Seattle is my issue.

What happened to the Clinton Portis days in Washington. That was a character.

-King-
11-23-2014, 09:58 PM

What does him making millions of dollars have to do with anything? Because he makes a lot of money you're entitled to interesting sound bites? LMAO

A couple weeks ago the media started the rumor that Seahawks aren't happy with Russell Wilson's level of blackness. And you blame players for not wanting to the media? Right.

Pepe Silvia
11-23-2014, 09:58 PM
I don't really get his hatred for Seattle is my issue.

What happened to the Clinton Portis days in Washington. That was a character.

Used to dress up in all that crazy shit didn't he? lol

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Cool. He's talking to them now. They might not be the answers they want to hear, but nothing says that he has to give them those answers.

At your job are you ever required to do something you don't necessarily agree with? Do you do these things half-assed because your an immature dickhead or do you do them to the best of your ability because it's part of the job and you have pride in your work?

MMXcalibur
11-23-2014, 10:01 PM

Interesting sound bytes?

If you like reading 18470198571095781 sports cliches, then have at it. I haven't been interested in a post-game presser or quotes from any player for 10+ years now. I understand why he NEEDS to talk from the NFL's perspective, but I also understand why he wouldn't want to talk (social anxiety, doesn't trust the media...etc.).

In the end, you get the video in the OP.

Chiefs=Champions
11-23-2014, 10:02 PM
No juice

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 10:03 PM
What does him making millions of dollars have to do with anything? Because he makes a lot of money you're entitled to interesting sound bites? LMAO

A couple weeks ago the media started the rumor that Seahawks aren't happy with Russell Wilson's level of blackness. And you blame players for not wanting to the media? Right.

Who are these players you speak of? Seems there's only one asshole that has a problem talking to the media.

KCrockaholic
11-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Used to dress up in all that crazy shit didn't he? lol

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fBbOn_8K--/17woj795mfcarjpg.jpg

At least he was weird in a funny way

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:06 PM
At your job are you ever required to do something you don't necessarily agree with? Do you do these things half-assed because your an immature dickhead or do you do them to the best of your ability because it's part of the job and you have pride in your work?

There are some things that are a terrible irrelevant part of how well I do my job that I half ass. Sure. Everybody does. Lynch plays his ass off in football games. He's one of the best players at his position. He plays as hard as any player in the league. I'd say he has a lot of pride in his work. If he doesn't want to talk to a group of people that are just itching to take his words out of context and create a controversy, I really don't give five fucks and you really shouldn't either.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2014, 10:08 PM
I don't give a crap what he has to say. Why does anyone really?

He's all bout dat action Boss. That's all I care about.

Wallcrawler
11-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Who are these players you speak of? Seems there's only one asshole that has a problem talking to the media.

Meh, Cam Newton pulled some stupid shit in the presser before the Lions contest, and couldn't even articulate correctly.

He just kept saying his focus was on "Being protected by Donkey Kong Suh" with every question they asked.

Pepe Silvia
11-23-2014, 10:10 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--fBbOn_8K--/17woj795mfcarjpg.jpg

At least he was weird in a funny way

LMAOLMAOLMAO

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:10 PM

A lot of players do. Some do it just to avoid the fine. Foster avoided talking to the media and giving them canned answers. Lynch avoided talking to them. He got fined. If he was willing to take that fine, then I don't have a problem with it.

Ask any sports journalist, star players will avoid being in the locker room as much as possible during the times the media is allowed there.

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:13 PM

What?!? You might miss out on him saying how prepared his team is and how they're taking each week one game at a time and how the team they're facing that particular week is going to play tough! Why would you ever want to miss that?!?

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 10:13 PM
There are some things that are a terrible irrelevant part of how well I do my job that I half ass. Sure. Everybody does. Lynch plays his ass off in football games. He's one of the best players at his position. He plays as hard as any player in the league. I'd say he has a lot of pride in his work. If he doesn't want to talk to a group of people that are just itching to take his words out of context and create a controversy, I really don't give five ****s and you really shouldn't either.

Would you agree that the media coverage of the NFL is one of the main reasons the sport is so popular and why the Seahawks can afford to pay Lynch millions of dollars? If every player acted like this jackass, the NFL's popularity would take a steep decline. That makes the task if talking to the media the exact opposite of irrelevant.

Wallcrawler
11-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Bring back Dollar Bill and Coach Janky Spanky.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2014, 10:15 PM
What?!? You might miss out on him saying how prepared his team is and how they're taking each week one game at a time and how the team they're facing that particular week is going to play tough! Why would you ever want to miss that?!?

Heh. Exactly. These guys are not exactly Rhodes Scholars.

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Would you agree that the media coverage of the NFL is one of the main reasons the sport is so popular and why the Seahawks can afford to pay Lynch millions of dollars? If every player acted like this jackass, the NFL's popularity would take a steep decline. That makes the task if talking to the media the exact opposite of irrelevant.

What percentage of the people tuning in to games are tuning in because they want to hear what ANY player has to say? Are you being serious right now? So you would quit watching Chiefs games if players were no longer forced to talk to the media?

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 10:21 PM
What percentage of the people tuning in to games are tuning in because they want to hear what ANY player has to say? Are you being serious right now? So you would quit watching Chiefs games if players were no longer forced to talk to the media?

I never said I would stop watching, but there are certain people that would if every player acted like Marshawn did today.

mdstu
11-23-2014, 10:21 PM
There are some things that are a terrible irrelevant part of how well I do my job that I half ass. Sure. Everybody does. Lynch plays his ass off in football games. He's one of the best players at his position. He plays as hard as any player in the league. I'd say he has a lot of pride in his work. If he doesn't want to talk to a group of people that are just itching to take his words out of context and create a controversy, I really don't give five fucks and you really shouldn't either.

I also don't give five fucks what ML has to say. I'm just pointing out that he seems like a little bitch for not being to handle all aspects of his job.

God forbid, someone should still have to act like a professional in the midst of "out of context words" and "controversy".

TLO
11-23-2014, 10:23 PM

This x 489.

Interviews with players are a complete waste of time.

Iconic
11-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Personally I just think he's an introvert. Doesn't really like talking... and forcing him to won't get anything meaningful out of him anyways so this is just stupid.

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:24 PM
I never said I would stop watching, but there are certain people that would if every player acted like Marshawn did today.

What people? I'd bet less than 1% of people would stop watching if players weren't forced to speak to the media.

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Personally I just think he's an introvert. Doesn't really like talking... and forcing him to do so won't get anything meaningful out of him anyways so this is just stupid.

Exactly. Like Jamaal Charles. Anyone can see that he's extremely uncomfortable talking to the media and doing any type of public speaking. The fact that he's forced to is fucking dumb.

KCrockaholic
11-23-2014, 10:27 PM
He lost trust in the media years ago when he felt they twisted his words around, so he's never fault comfortable speaking to them after that. That's what I've heard anyways.

Crying Ramtard
11-23-2014, 10:27 PM
I always find it comical when athletes and coaches give stupid simple answers like this.

all their comments are. some just use a couple more verbs or adjectives.

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Exactly. Like Jamaal Robinson. Anyone can see that he's extremely uncomfortable talking to the media and doing any type of public speaking. The fact that he's forced to is ****ing dumb.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzGC5i_xWlI

Yeah, he's extremely uncomfortable talking to the media. LMAO

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:34 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzGC5i_xWlI

Yeah, he's extremely uncomfortable talking to the media. LMAO

Yes. He was willing to get fined $100,000 for not talking to the media. I'd say that shows that he's extremely uncomfortable talking to them.

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 10:38 PM
Yes. He was willing to get fined $100,000 for not talking to the media. I'd say that shows that he's extremely uncomfortable talking to them.

Or he's a dumb fucking baby who was throwing a tantrum after a Seattle loss. Both are equally plausible.

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Or he's a dumb fucking baby who was throwing a tantrum after a Seattle loss. Both are equally plausible.

Seattle won. :spock:

kcxiv
11-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Im ok with them doing that. Maybe the questions from the media werent that bad here, but they do fish for comments to twist that shit around. I'd do the same thing. I have no problems with it.

Jewish Rabbi
I thought it was hilarious.

LoneWolf
Seattle won. :spock:

He was fined for not talking to reporters after the KC game. You know, the game Seattle lost and Lynch was stonewalled on a 4th and 1.

kcxiv
11-23-2014, 10:48 PM

Yep, he plays his ass off and runs hard. I know its in the "Cba", but like i said, as a fan, im ok with it.

kcxiv
He was fined for not talking to reporters after the KC game. You know, the game Seattle lost and Lynch was stonewalled on a 4th and 1.

then we go and lose to 0-10 team :(

-King-

He's been not talking to the media for over a year now.

LoneWolf
11-23-2014, 10:55 PM
He's been not talking to the media for over a year now.

He was warned before the KC game that he would be fined if he refused to meet reporters after the game. He's a complete tool.

-King-
11-23-2014, 10:57 PM
He was warned before the KC game that he would be fined if he refused to meet reporters after the game. He's a complete tool.

And he made his choice. Why does that upset you? Why should it upset anyone? He doesn't want to talk to the media. He willingly suffered the consequences. Why should anyone be angry at that?

kysirsoze
11-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Hilarious that they give him a yes/no question, and that is the one that he chooses to plug his charity on. I figured when they made him talk it would go something like this. I wonder why he hates talking to the media so much. Funny thing is it gets him more attention.

kysirsoze
11-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Marshawn's hype song... (i.e. the only info gleaned in that interview)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7OHV53Jvyzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan
11-23-2014, 11:06 PM
One of the few times something of value is said is when somebody says something out of frustration. That happened with Jay Gruden the other day. Then the owner told him to not speak like that and he came out the next day and took most of it back.

I've never cared or made an effort to listen to player interviews after the game. The NFL can have some interesting stuff with all the egos, but it's still not worth the time. The NHL probably has the most pointless interviews, since most of the guys just read off the humble, team-first script.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2014, 11:49 PM
King is Marshawn Lynch....whoa

BWillie
11-24-2014, 04:59 AM

It's punk move IMO. You are paid millions to play a game. Answer the god damned ez questions

Simply Red
11-24-2014, 05:08 AM
Gets paid millions so he can at least make an effort

ABSOLUTELY - He may get paid to play ball - but to share with the media is part of the process - most professionals get this. I can understand Marshawn not understanding this process though, he doesn't seem real smart.

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Marshawn Lynch is impossible to understand but beloved by Seahawks teammates

As out-there as some of Lynch’s behavior can seem, as defiant and individualistic as he can sometimes appear, teammates say Lynch is nothing if not real. “I think his rough edges are what makes him a good player,” says defensive lineman Michael Bennett.

By Jayson Jenks (http://search.nwsource.com/search?searchtype=cq&sort=date&from=ST&byline=Jayson%20Jenks)
Seattle Times staff reporter

RENTON – Here’s a Marshawn Lynch story: He’s playing the Giants earlier this month, and he’s having the best game of his season.
After he scores his third touchdown, he jogs off the field and hands the ball to Robert Turbin, his backup.

“I don’t know why,” Turbin said. “But he told me, ‘I want you to have this ball. It’s for us. It’s for the running backs, the group, a representation of how we go about our business on a daily basis.’ For whatever reason, that one particular touchdown meant a lot to him, and he wanted me to have it.”

It is a candid Lynch snapshot: genuine, under the radar and a bit strange. Doug Baldwin heard the story, too. He talked to Lynch about it, and he has a different take.

“That moment epitomizes who Marshawn Lynch is,” Baldwin said. “In the grand scheme of things, you guys might not understand it. I had a conversation with him, so I know exactly why he did that. Turbin and Christine Michael will understand it when Marshawn is gone, but he does things for a reason. Yes, it is truly heartfelt. But that situation right there epitomizes Marshawn Lynch.”

TO UNDERSTAND Marshawn Lynch is to first understand that you probably won’t understand Marshawn Lynch.

“I don’t understand him, either,” Turbin said. “He’s not supposed to be understood. That’s what people have to understand about him and a lot of guys in this locker room. The reason why we’re here is because we’re different, and the reason that makes him so good is because he’s so different, with his own way of thinking and his own mindset. He’s not about how it’s supposed to be, quote-unquote.”

Lynch has become a media caricature the last couple of years, partly of his own doing. His reluctance to talk at the Super Bowl turned into a circus and became a dominant story that week. His standoff with the NFL over his unwillingness to speak after games resulted in him getting fined $100,000 this past week.

His refusal to cooperate with the media has had the effect of painting Lynch in a light almost entirely unfamiliar to his teammates.

“I like to say he’s out of the ‘Matrix’ because everybody is in (there) with Twitter and Instagram and all that stuff,” defensive lineman Michael Bennett said. “He’s just so out of it, on his own wing, and it seems like he’s just different. Or maybe everybody else is just wrong. You know what I mean? If more people cared less what other people thought of them, how much better would the world be?”

In the locker room, Lynch is one of the Seahawks’ most respected players. He is a rare offensive player who is just as comfortable with the defensive line as he is with the receivers. He is held in such high esteem in large part because of his play on Sundays. But he is also valued as a mentor, a loyal teammate and a confidant more than willing to dispense no-BS feedback.
“From Little League to high school to college to the pros, he’s the best teammate I’ve ever been around,” Baldwin said.

“Shawn is one of the coolest teammates I’ve ever had,” defensive end Cliff Avril said.

“I think if a lot more people were like him, the NFL would be a better place,” Bennett said.

THERE ARE two words that come back when teammates talk about Lynch. The first is loyalty, and it goes a ways in understanding why he doesn’t talk to the media and why he harbors some animosity toward the Seahawks organization.

“He’s loyal to a fault,” Baldwin said. “But it does come with a price. If you do double-cross him, or if you disrespect his space in any way, it’s going to be really hard to regain his trust and loyalty back — if you even can.”
The other word is genuine. As out-there as some of Lynch’s behavior can seem, as defiant and individualistic as he can sometimes appear, teammates say Lynch is nothing if not real.

It would be easy for Lynch to repair his image with the media, to throw a bone after games and talk for a few minutes. Lynch isn’t averse to attention — just recently he appeared in an episode of the TV show, “The League” — but he doesn’t care much about his image, other than the obvious incentive of avoiding hefty fines from the league.

“That’s the cool thing about him, too,” Avril said. “He knows who he is. A lot of us, a lot of football players and athletes, don’t know who they are so they play the fence. But he knows who he is. He believes in certain things, and nothing can budge that.”

It is easy to find players willing to say nice things about teammates in an NFL locker room — it is the nature of team sports. But the level to which teammates endorse Lynch rings different.

Said Baldwin: “Every year he takes care of the offensive line. And you hear about running backs taking care of the offensive line, but he goes well above and beyond. He does ridiculous things for the offensive line. I won’t get too much into it because it’s his business. But if a guy needed anything on the team and approached him about it, he would have no hesitation to help them out.”

Said Avril: “This a true and real good story about Marshawn. Shawn is the type of person who if the game is out of hand in the third quarter, he doesn’t care if he has 35 yards or 150 yards and is about to break a record, he’ll pull himself out of the game to let some of the younger guys get reps. Most guys go after their stats, but he doesn’t care about stats. And that’s unique for an offensive player.”

Said Bennett: “Just last home game, he brought two kids in here, a sick kid from his charity. He walked him through the locker room and showed him around and introduced him to us and just changed the kid’s life. He didn’t call the media and say, ‘Look at me, I’m doing this every week.’ He does a lot of charity work that nobody sees.”

Avril said Lynch would give the keys to his Lamborghini to a teammate for a couple of days if he needed to borrow a car. Baldwin laughed and agreed.
“And I would say to him, ‘Dog, your Lamborghini?!’ ” Baldwin said. “And he would be like, ‘Bro, it’s just a car.’ You know? His mentality about things, he’s such a down-to-earth person. He knows the true value of things.”

LYNCH’S SEASON has largely been defined, from the beginning, by off-field issues.

He held out for more money during training camp. A report surfaced after the midseason trade of Percy Harvin that Lynch was so upset he almost didn’t get on the team bus. Shortly before the Carolina game, another round of reports flared up: One said that Lynch would likely not return to the Seahawks next season, and another said Lynch’s relationship with coach Pete Carroll had deteriorated to the point that they were no longer talking.

“I think that is being a little bit overblown,” Baldwin said. “That’s from the knowledge that I have.”

More recently, Lynch stayed out on the field in freezing temperatures at halftime in Kansas City. Mike Silver of the NFL Network talked with Lynch on the phone after the game and raised the idea that Lynch’s decision to stay on the field might have been his way of showing displeasure with the organization.

“I’m going to tell you exactly why he stayed out there in the cold,” Baldwin said. “His body is so beat up that he wanted to save his energy so he could go for the rest of the game. He was hurting. He didn’t want to get up and walk into the locker room because it would take him more energy than he wanted to expend. He wanted to save that for the field.

“That’s legitimately what that was. That stupidity that’s out there about him staying out there because he’s mad at somebody? He don’t care about that (stuff).”

Said offensive-line coach Tom Cable: “There wasn’t a response needed because I knew he was treating (injuries). To say or think otherwise is ridiculous.”

THE IRONY is that Lynch is under the most scrutiny of his career in what is one of his best seasons, if not the best.

Lynch is so in-tune with the Seahawks’ offense that he knows exactly where to go and how to get there. Where other running backs gamble looking for the home run, Lynch is patient enough to cruise behind the line of scrimmage until the hole opens.

Those sound like simple gifts, especially when compared to the determination with which Lynch runs, but they are just as vital to his success.

Yet Lynch is still defined by his power. He’s had his helmet ripped off this year and kept running. He’s had a braid ripped from his head and kept running. He’s had four or five defenders draped on him and kept running.
“A lot of people talk about how the receivers block in the run game, but in all honesty that starts with Marshawn and the way he runs the ball,” Baldwin said. “With the passion he runs with and giving his all out there, you can’t help but want to go out there and block as hard as you can for him because of the way he runs.”

The question hanging over this season is whether Lynch will be back with the Seahawks next year, an almost unavoidable cloud. Lynch will be 29 next season, and he will have more than 2,000 career carries. As well as he has played, it is entirely possible that the Seahawks will cut ties with him. For what it’s worth, Carroll addressed the topic this week, saying, “We want him around here for as long as he can play.”

On the field, Lynch has been at or near his best — a fringe MVP candidate to some around the league. Perhaps the best way to understand him is by not trying to understand him at all and instead embracing all the quirks, all the crushing runs, all the good times and rough edges that come with one of the Seahawks’ most unique players.

“I think his rough edges are what makes him a good player,” Bennett said. “That tenacity, that I-don’t-care attitude, it makes him run the way he runs. You can’t question his effort. He’s giving the most you can give as a player.”

<table><tbody><tr><td colspan="4" align="left">Lynch of late</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" align="left">He has been the offense’s best weapon in Seattle’s past three games:</td></tr><tr><th align="left">Game</th><th align="left">Rush yds</th><th align="left">Rec yds</th><th align="left">TD</th></tr><tr><td align="left">vs. Oakland</td><td align="left">67</td><td align="left">76</td><td align="left">2</td></tr><tr><td align="left">vs. N.Y. Giants</td><td align="left">140</td><td align="left">23</td><td align="left">4</td></tr><tr><td align="left">at Kansas City</td><td align="left">124</td><td align="left">1</td><td align="left">0</td></tr></tbody></table> Jayson Jenks: 206-464-8277 or jjenks@seattletimes.com

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2025080360_seahawkslynch23xml.html

Deberg_1990
11-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Even Salvy Perez attempts to talk to the media and he's pretty much indecipherable

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2014, 08:16 AM
IMO, what RGIII did last week was significantly more douchey.

mikey23545
11-24-2014, 09:40 AM
I guess he answered these reporter's questions the same way he answered his Wonderlic test questions.

-King-
11-24-2014, 10:06 AM
It's punk move IMO. You are paid millions to play a game. Answer the god damned ez questions

Him making millions is irrelevant.

I do find it funny how people love to use that argument. "he's making millions, therefor he should have no problem doing ______". As if the two are somehow related. He makes millions to play football extremely well and he does that.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikey23545
11-24-2014, 10:12 AM

I do find it funny how people love to use that argument. "he's making millions, therefor he should have no problem doing ______". As if the two are somehow related. He makes millions to play football extremely well and he does that.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would guess you're as big a douche as he is.

ghak99
11-24-2014, 10:16 AM
I don't blame him. The media is so ****ed up I wouldn't give them shit to talk about. Let the slimy bastards find someone else to smear. I'd just play the game and move on. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

As a fan, I don't really want to hear the players speak. It's often painful to listen to, many of them dislike the cameras, and it's mostly canned answers anyways. The first time I heard Jamaal speak I laughed my ass off and then felt sorry for him as it was obviously not something he felt comfortable doing.

-King-
11-24-2014, 10:16 AM
I would guess you're as big a douche as he is.

How is he a douche? Did you read the story DaKCman posted? So not giving bullshit clichéd answers to the media makes you a douche? What does him being a great teammate make him? What does him helping taking care and brighten the lives of sick children make him?

If doing those things makes him douche, then I wish there were more douches in the league.

How dare he take a sick kid around the locker room to meet teammates! He should have been doing an interview at that time!!
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
11-24-2014, 10:59 AM
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6192322

Deberg_1990
11-24-2014, 11:15 AM
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6192322

Awesome story. Rather hear about this than some worthless interview anyway.

WhiteWhale
11-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Given how the media cherry picks quotes, misrepresents players they have agendas against, as well as how fans tend to believe the media's quote mining bullshit narratives and then crucify players for them, I can see why he doesn't want to speak with the media.

Of course, if I was had been involved in a hit and run, I'd have gone to jail so obviously Mr. Lynch and I are living in different worlds.

Shox
11-24-2014, 11:30 AM

NO WAY!!!!

The NFL is not popular because of the media. That is like saying if the media gave Volleyball the same attention it does the NFL is would have the same popularity as the NFL. The reason NFL is such a big business is the FANS love the game. That is why the media pays HUGE $ to cover and put it on their network. Then they can charge huge fees to advertisers and make a profit. Now I can agree the huge coverage of the NFL does help it popularity to some extent.

I would also agree to some extent if all the players acted like Lynch the sport would not be as popular. But Lynch is the exception not the rule.

rico
11-24-2014, 12:20 PM
You know that song, "Yeah," with Usher and Lil Jon? I think it would be funny if someone made a remix of that song by dubbing in Lynch's "yeah's" into it. Dun-dun, dun-dun....dun-dun, dun-dun...yeah.

Nickel D
11-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Fast forward to the year 2027 --

Marshawn Lynch: "Why didn't you vote me into the Hall of Fame?"

Every media representative he asks: "Yea..."

Bob Dole
11-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Bob Dole thought it was funny.

kysirsoze
11-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Fast forward to the year 2027 --

Marshawn Lynch: "Why didn't you vote me into the Hall of Fame?"

Every media representative he asks: "Yea..."

In the event his career warranted it, I think media types would love to cover his abortion of a hall induction speech.

Buehler445
11-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Meh, it's semantics sure, but people do it because they have to. It's part of their job. I recognize that it is stupid, but if you take pride in your job, it's what needs to be done.

When I was at Cabela's, it was extraordinarily dumb for me to have to wear slacks to work everyday. Especially when the fuckers I was auditing, making FAR more than I was, were wearing jeans. But I did it because that was what was required of me. I knew that they could do without me, so I needed to do a good job and keep everybody happy.

Lynch is a spoiled fucking baby. Great talent, spoiled fucking rotten. Dude was probably great at football in High School, was great at football in college, got picked by BUF in the first fucking round of the draft, and was pretty much their only offensive weapon, and got moved to Seattle and was an big part of a winning organization.

At no point in his life has he ever felt like it was a privilege playing football, or that there were worse things he could be doing to earn a living.

Fuck him. He's a spoiled bitch.

I guarantee you put any one of us on this board in his shoes and we do the interview because getting that jack to play football is a ton better than what we are doing now. Hell, even Clay would toe the line I bet. The scary thing is he's in a contract year, when every player with any brain at all rattling around in their heads toes the line.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Spot on Beuhler

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 01:38 PM
He'll get paid no matter where he ends up. The Jags just paid a pretty penny for that abortion Toby Gerhart.

Simplicity
11-24-2014, 01:45 PM

This sound byte is interesting enough where a group of Chiefs fans are talking about so FUCK OFF...

Fuck reporters also.

Buehler445
11-24-2014, 01:51 PM
He'll get paid no matter where he ends up. The Jags just paid a pretty penny for that abortion Toby Gerhart.

Yeah, he will, and it will probably be a bad decision by whatever team it is because he'll be 29 at the start of that big contract. But I guarantee this dumbassery isn't making him any money on (most likely) his last shot at a decent contract.

Rausch
11-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Meh, it's semantics sure, but people do it because they have to. It's part of their job. I recognize that it is stupid, but if you take pride in your job, it's what needs to be done.

If this is a problem they need to say the same thing to the Hoodie.

That dude might as well just say "fuck off" after every question because that's what he's doing...

Buehler445
11-24-2014, 01:58 PM
If this is a problem they need to say the same thing to the Hoodie.

That dude might as well just say "fuck off" after every question because that's what he's doing...

Same story. Different dumbfuck. But you have to concede that hoodie has at least a cursory understanding of the English language that is reflected in the responses.

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Yeah, he will, and it will probably be a bad decision by whatever team it is because he'll be 29 at the start of that big contract. But I guarantee this dumbassery isn't making him any money on (most likely) his last shot at a decent contract.

Agreed on all accounts.

mdstu
11-24-2014, 09:34 PM
This sound byte is interesting enough where a group of Chiefs fans are talking about so FUCK OFF...

Fuck reporters also.

Goddamn dude, take your meds.

lewdog
11-24-2014, 09:38 PM
If he could read, he could read the part in his contract where he is required to talk to the media. If he could read, he'd also likely be more articulate. If he was more articulate, he'd likely talk to the media more. If he talked to the media more, he would have more money. If he had more money, he would............

rico
11-24-2014, 10:43 PM
If he could read, he could read the part in his contract where he is required to talk to the media. If he could read, he'd also likely be more articulate. If he was more articulate, he'd likely talk to the media more. If he talked to the media more, he would have more money. If he had more money, he would............

Buy more grills??? If he bought more grills he would....

BWillie
11-25-2014, 01:40 AM
IMO, what RGIII did last week was significantly more douchey.

What his coach did was even worse.

BWillie
11-25-2014, 01:42 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

He makes millions of dollars to provide entertainment. Its why you get fined if you dont talk to the media. You signed up for this. Hes being a punk plain and simple. Pete Carrol just lets the guy walk all over him because he wants the locker room to stay together.

BWillie
11-25-2014, 01:44 AM

White running backs

LOL