PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs offensive line envy

temper11
11-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Dallas cowboys. Wow.

See last cowboys drive on Sunday night football.

KCrockaholic
11-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Tyron Smith. A real Left Tackle.

temper11
11-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Clay, can you post those plays up here?

Chief_For_Life58
11-23-2014, 10:55 PM
That was insane. 7 seconds waiting for someone to get open

Discuss Thrower
11-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Alex would have thrown that 3rd down ball away even with 9 seconds of protection because those receivers were too closely covered.

Jim Lahey
11-23-2014, 11:10 PM
They're alright.

RealSNR
11-23-2014, 11:11 PM
The Cowboys have probably the best offensive line in the NFL, for sure.

But to be fair, even the Chiefs offensive line would give Alex a nice clean pocket if they got to face terrible defensive lines like the Giants once in awhile. We saw that when they played a Mebane-less Seahawks team.

That being said, McGlynn and Fisher are still AIDS.

Discuss Thrower
11-23-2014, 11:16 PM

But to be fair, even the Chiefs offensive line would give Alex a nice clean pocket if they got to face terrible defensive lines like the Giants once in awhile. We saw that when they played a Mebane-less Seahawks team.

Still don't understand how Fisher was the best tackle option in the draft.

Fucking Central Michigan. Seriously.

Sfeihc
11-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Still don't understand how Fisher was the best tackle option in the draft.

****ing Central Michigan. Seriously.

Fire up, Chips!:):):)

Mav
11-23-2014, 11:20 PM

JPP is not garbage, but Smith destroyed him.

ThaVirus
11-23-2014, 11:31 PM
Wouldn't have mattered. Does anyone here honestly think Alex sticks in that pocket after the pump fake?

Just Passin' By
11-23-2014, 11:33 PM
JPP is not garbage, but Smith destroyed him.

JPP hasn't been the same player since he hurt his back in 2012.

Mav
11-23-2014, 11:58 PM
JPP hasn't been the same player since he hurt his back in 2012.
Did I say he was? I said he wasn't garbage.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Clay, can you post those plays up here?

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/O1O0DE3HgQ0/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Direckshun
11-24-2014, 12:18 AM
It's because the Cowboys have drained three first rounders at the position.

Something that virtually this entire board is opposed to, is it not?

Direckshun
11-24-2014, 12:21 AM
And this is kind of a weird thought, but stick with me:

Isn't it kind of better to have an above average LT than an elite OT who sucks up all your cap space? Tyron Smith is an incredible talent, but his contract combined with Romo's, along with what Dez and DeMarco are soon getting is going to hamstring this team for a half decade.

Just Passin' By
11-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Did I say he was? I said he wasn't garbage.

And I just was pointing out that he's nowhere near what he once was, in response. He's gotten 5.5 sacks in 2013 and 2014 combined. Take a Xanax.

Mav
11-24-2014, 12:28 AM
And I just was pointing out that he's nowhere near what he once was, in response. He's gotten 5.5 sacks in 2013 and 2014 combined. Take a Xanax.
How about just shut up?

Just Passin' By
11-24-2014, 12:29 AM
How about just shut up?

Nah... There was nothing wrong with my posts, and you're just being an asshole. So feel free to go fuck yourself. :thumb:

Direckshun
11-24-2014, 12:31 AM
Our line will be fine in 2015, assuming we re-sign Hudson.

Allen and Stephenson should both be upgrades at LG and RT, and Hudson, Fisher, and Fulton will all have another year under their belts.

Mav
11-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Nah... There was nothing wrong with my posts, and you're just being an asshole. So feel free to go fuck yourself. :thumb:
I wasn't at all being an asshole. You were just typically being your usual know it all self.

I simply pointed out how tyron Smith physically decimated jpp. How you decided you wanted to jump in and make yourself apart of that is on you.

You need a tissue mr sensitive?

Just Passin' By
11-24-2014, 12:42 AM
I wasn't at all being an asshole. You were just typically being your usual know it all self.

I simply pointed out how tyron Smith physically decimated jpp. How you decided you wanted to jump in and make yourself apart of that is on you.

You need a tissue mr sensitive?

I was pointing out a simple thing in response to your post. JPP is a shadow of his former self. That's a legit football take. You needlessly went all bitchy, which is you being your usual self.

Are we done with this now, or do you still have sand in your vagina?

Mav
11-24-2014, 12:44 AM
I was pointing out a simple thing in response to your post. JPP is a shadow of his former self. That's a legit football take. You needlessly went all bitchy, which is you being your usual self.

Are we done with this now, or do you still have sand in your vagina?
Just mind your business from now on and we are fine. There's nothing more to say.

You started the insults you Neanderthal.

Iconic
11-24-2014, 12:46 AM
The real scary part is T.Smith is only 23 years old... which is the same age as Eric fucking Fisher.

Mav
11-24-2014, 12:48 AM
The real scary part is T.Smith is only 23 years old... which is the same age as Eric fucking Fisher.
And Tyron Smith never played Left Tackle in college....

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 01:12 AM
And this is kind of a weird thought, but stick with me:

Isn't it kind of better to have an above average LT than an elite OT who sucks up all your cap space? Tyron Smith is an incredible talent, but his contract combined with Romo's, along with what Dez and DeMarco are soon getting is going to hamstring this team for a half decade.

I think so.

Give me an adequate line that gets paid accordingly all day long. I'll spend the big bucks on QB and WR.

temper11
11-24-2014, 01:17 AM
<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/O1O0DE3HgQ0/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks man.

Just Passin' By
11-24-2014, 01:17 AM
Just mind your business from now on and we are fine. There's nothing more to say.

You started the insults you Neanderthal.

Ehh.... If you don't like the responses, use the ignore feature.

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 01:20 AM

That's beautiful. I like watching QBs that don't shit themselves in a perfectly good pocket.

kcxiv
11-24-2014, 01:52 AM

Well we had 2 we let one go

TimBone
11-24-2014, 01:57 AM
They've been doing it all year. Not sure why it took you until the last drive tonight and Collinsworth beating it in your ear for you to take notice.

BigCatDaddy
11-24-2014, 02:11 AM
I had QB envy.

TimBone
11-24-2014, 02:23 AM
I had QB envy.

I'd have to agree. I'm admittedly a fan of what Smith has brought to this team, but with a solid offensive line, there are few QB's I'd take over Romo. I know that's not a popular opinion with the average football fan, but Romo is a great QB.

TimBone
11-24-2014, 02:37 AM
The team is where they're at because of Demarco Murray and their Oline. Romo is not as big a factor as you think. Smith could post up similar success with that team

I'm not concerned with their current success. I've watched Romo for years with poor-mediocre line play, little defense, and little running game. He became a meme for choking in the clutch because of a fumbled snap on a game winning field goal attempt and a couple of untimely INT's, but what everybody loves to forget is that Romo has kept that team in games they didn't belong in for years and years. The dude is solid. After the consensus of top four qb's(Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers) there is nobody I'd rather have than Romo. He extends plays, makes great throws, and pushes the ball downfield. He is probably the most hated QB in the league without valid reason.

Jim Lahey
11-24-2014, 02:57 AM
The reason Romo gets as much hatrid as he does is because of his complete lack of postseason success. Much of that is unwarranted but since he's the QB he gets a lot of the blame. He's definitely a top 6 QB. I'm not a Dallas fan at all but I'd like to see Romo do something good this post season just to get some of the shit off his back.

TimBone
11-24-2014, 03:26 AM
The reason Romo gets as much hatrid as he does is because of his complete lack of postseason success. Much of that is unwarranted but since he's the QB he gets a lot of the blame. He's definitely a top 6 QB. I'm not a Dallas fan at all but I'd like to see Romo do something good this post season just to get some of the shit off his back.

I can agree for the most part. Being from Texas, my facebook feed is full of Cowboy's fans(both friends and family). As soon as the Cowboys lose a game, my feed is full of Romo hate. He's blamed for every loss, regardless of who should actually be blamed. Cowboy's fans wanted him cut after the Dallas-Denver game last year. Why? Because he threw an INT on the last drive. They completely disregarded the fact that he had thrown for 5 TD's, over 500 yards, and 0 INT's up until the last drive. A 51-48 defeat, and fans are blaming the QB. Ridiculous.

Simply Red
11-24-2014, 04:59 AM
They've been doing it all year. Not sure why it took you until the last drive tonight and Collinsworth beating it in your ear for you to take notice.

It would never take Collinsworth beating it in my ear for me to notice.

spanky 52
11-24-2014, 06:52 AM

Allen and Stephenson should both be upgrades at LG and RT, and Hudson, Fisher, and Fulton will all have another year under their belts.

Are we sure Stephenson will be back? If he's an upgrade why hasn't he been playing the last couple of games? And now that he's separated his shoulder god help the Chiefs if Harris goes down.

dannybcaitlyn
11-24-2014, 07:03 AM

Because the Chiefs have spent some high round draft picks on o-line also, and our scouting and coaching staff from past and present just haven't done a good job of selecting the right ones. Cowgirls did a outstanding job on hittting on the right players. Kudos to the staff. I'm not against drafting lineman, but for the love of God you gotta get the pick right!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-24-2014, 08:06 AM

Yes it is, and shall remain so. That's retardery.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 08:14 AM
If we had an elite QB they could use the next 4 1st round picks for OL. I wouldn't give a fuck.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 08:16 AM

GTFO Allen sucks.

scho63
11-24-2014, 08:27 AM
I could have completed a pass with that much protection!

That's about 4x's as much as Alex Smith gets from our shitty O-line. He was probable jerking off dreaming about having that much time.

Chief_For_Life58
11-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Smith would of just thrown the ball to a checkdown receiver for 3 yards

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Smith would of just thrown the ball to a checkdown receiver for 3 yards

:rolleyes:

ping2000
11-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Because the Chiefs have spent some high round draft picks on o-line also, and our scouting and coaching staff from past and present just haven't done a good job of selecting the right ones. Cowgirls did a outstanding job on hittting on the right players. Kudos to the staff. I'm not against drafting lineman, but for the love of God you gotta get the pick right!

This. Remember Brian Jozwiak? We are the kings of o-line first round pick busts.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 09:47 AM
It's a crap shoot, it really is.

Brian Waters was undrafted, ffs.

Will Shields was a 3rd round pick.

loochy
11-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Just give Fisher another year (and another year, and another year, and so on into perpetuity) and he will be the super all pro of all time!

temper11
11-24-2014, 10:30 AM

I haven't been watching much Cowboys football.

temper11
11-24-2014, 10:33 AM
I can agree for the most part. Being from Texas, my facebook feed is full of Cowboy's fans(both friends and family). As soon as the Cowboys lose a game, my feed is full of Romo hate. He's blamed for every loss, regardless of who should actually be blamed. Cowboy's fans wanted him cut after the Dallas-Denver game last year. Why? Because he threw an INT on the last drive. They completely disregarded the fact that he had thrown for 5 TD's, over 500 yards, and 0 INT's up until the last drive. A 51-48 defeat, and fans are blaming the QB. Ridiculous.

Ha ha ha... Cowboys fans. This would never happen here.

loochy
11-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Ha ha ha... Cowboys fans. This would never happen here.

*cough*INDY*cough cough*

Mav
11-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Ehh.... If you don't like the responses, use the ignore feature.
No. I'll just continue to tell you to shut up. Watching you go overboard is fun.

The Franchise
11-24-2014, 02:29 PM
The team is where they're at because of Demarco Murray and their Oline. Romo is not as big a factor as you think. Smith could post up similar success with that team

Yeah right.....Smith wouldn't throw half of the balls to Dez that Romo does.

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Yeah, their offense is top 8 at the very least every year Romo is healthy.

They have great weapons but Romo is incredible at moving around in and out of the pocket, setting his guys up with extra time to get open down field, then making those passes on the money.

Romo is a pretty good QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-24-2014, 06:12 PM
If we had an elite QB they could use the next 4 1st round picks for OL. I wouldn't give a fuck.

Picking 1st round lineman is no guarantee of success. Too risky.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Picking 1st round lineman is no guarantee of success. Too risky.

LOL

Mav
11-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Yeah, their offense is top 8 at the very least every year Romo is healthy.

They have great weapons but Romo is incredible at moving around in and out of the pocket, setting his guys up with extra time to get open down field, then making those passes on the money.

Romo is a pretty good QB.
Agreed

B_Ambuehl
11-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Brady wouldn't get anything done with that cowboy offense and Manning only would cuz he'd install his own offense. What lot of people don't realize is Romo has always played under Garrett who is a terrible offensive coordinator. His system is basically equivalent to what Art Shell came back and tried to install with the Raiders...so Romo has to scramble around for 5+ seconds on every snap trying to find an open receiver and he's been doing that quite well for years now.