PDA

View Full Version : Football Looking ahead to Sunday Night

Pages : [1] 2

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 10:34 AM
What can the last game at KC tell us ... if anything? First glance, KC let off the throttle - enjoyed a 1H lead thanks to the KO return and Manning/Decker were insanely in synch, especially after halftime.

Should be a cold one, as the high looks like 37 with a low of 29 - so at kickoff it's likely freezing. We'll see, the high on Saturday is 57 and on Monday it's 46, but it doesn't look like it will be wet, so that's good.

The game @ KC a year ago had much warmer temp on 12/1 with 55 degrees at kickoff, so it will be about 20 degrees colder for SNF. Simply being cold and loud is ok, not ideal - but ok.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201312010kan.htm

Last year, the Chiefs were up 21-14 at the half and down 35-21 with 7 minutes left before they scored, making it a 35-28 victory.

KC scored a TD on a 108 yd KO return (Davis), had more rushing yards as a team, won the TO battle and ended with a slight advantage on TOP. And while intercepting Manning twice - they couldn't stop him, and with the KC offense not being set up to win a passing battle, it hurt KC. Although, Smith had nearly 300 yards and 2 TDs.

Eric Decker went nuts (4 TDs total) as he caught 3 in the 2nd half, with Manning throwing for 5 TDs and over 400 yds. Montee Ball actually had a good day. Decker and Ball our gone, replaced by Sanders and CJ Anderson this year.

Travis Kelce is a big add for KC in this one and we'll see what they can do with Avant. Denver's defense can't stop anyone on 3rd down and TEs kill them.

I don't see a combined point total over 60 points again - more like 20-17 (KC), but we'll see what happens.

Manning is only 2 TDs and 243 yards off his record pace in 2013 through 11 games, but the ground game is different now ... and while the defense should be better, they haven't played like it lately consistently enough.

Denver needs Julius back in the lineup.. interestingly enough, he didn't play last year in KC either. Julius returning to the lineup is key for me if Denver can win. If Julius isn't playing, Denver loses... I just think he means that much in a game like this on the road.

Say what you will about reverse mojo, but I'm not expecting a Denver win here... not after the way they've played over the last month.

Obviously, I'm fine being wrong here. Let's have some fun this week.

:fart:

rochambeau

Direckshun
11-24-2014, 10:38 AM
I struggle to see how the Broncos move the ball on us. I think it's going to be something like 17-13.

The Chiefs will drop 7 or 8 guys into coverage. The Broncos won't hurt us on the ground too bad. The passrush should be on, so I expect Manning to have little time to release and no clear windows.

That said, I expect the Chiefs to play fine on offense. They can run on anyone, and they can nickel and dime themselves to 17-20 points against a really good Broncos defense.

Direckshun
11-24-2014, 10:40 AM
I don't think Julius Thomas is the difference maker you think he is. The Chiefs are the #1 team in the NFL against tight ends. Period.

This is going to sound crazy, but the guy that'll make the difference, more than either Thomas, more than Manning... is C.J. Anderson. If he somehow churns out great runs all game, and the Broncos stick with it... then the Chiefs will be in trouble.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-24-2014, 10:42 AM
I struggle to see how the Broncos move the ball on us. I think it's going to be something like 17-13.

Another fantastic football take

Coochie liquor
11-24-2014, 10:45 AM
I don't think Julius Thomas is the difference maker you think he is. The Chiefs are the #1 team in the NFL against tight ends. Period.

This is going to sound crazy, but the guy that'll make the difference, more than either Thomas, more than Manning... is C.J. Anderson. If he somehow churns out great runs all game, and the Broncos stick with it... then the Chiefs will be in trouble.

Totally agree. If we aren't getting gashed by the run like Miami did yesterday then we can control the clock and hopefully pull off the win.

Direckshun
11-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Another fantastic football take

I find myself lost in the labyrinthine contours of your elaborate argument.

I'm tapping out. This is too much.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 10:49 AM

There's no doubt they need big production from the ground game. In week 2, Broncos TEs caught only 5 balls, but two were TDs. JT is a big target with good hands, he is critical right now.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Denver has to stop the 3rd down conversion more than anything in this game. Box up on the run and stick the best cover guy on Kelce. Force Smith to find a WR.

Coochie liquor
11-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Denver has to stop the 3rd down conversion more than anything in this game. Box up on the run and stick the best cover guy on Kelce. Force Smith to find a WR.

That when Avant gets ya!! No film on him with the Chiefs. Could be the X factor .

Titty Meat
11-24-2014, 10:56 AM

The Chiefs will drop 7 or 8 guys into coverage. The Broncos won't hurt us on the ground too bad. The passrush should be on, so I expect Manning to have little time to release and no clear windows.

That said, I expect the Chiefs to play fine on offense. They can run on anyone, and they can nickel and dime themselves to 17-20 points against a really good Broncos defense.

You struggle to see how the best offense in the league will move the ball on an overrated defense that gives up a lot of yards and can't stop the run? Denver is going to beat Kansas City by 2 scores.

Direckshun
11-24-2014, 10:58 AM
You struggle to see how the best offense in the league will move the ball on an overrated defense that gives up a lot of yards and can't stop the run? Denver is going to beat Kansas City by 2 scores.

I do.

They're the best offense because of the passing game, which we can stop.

The run game is trickier for us to stop, but it's not a forte of the Donks.

RunKC
11-24-2014, 11:01 AM

We're playing the Colts? Huh. Thought we were playing the Broncos

Chiefshrink
11-24-2014, 11:04 AM
If we aren't getting gashed by the run like Miami did yesterday then we can control the clock and hopefully pull off the win.

That's a big IF ! Haven't felt comfortable all year about our RUN D. CJ got a lot of confidence yesterday and the kid has talent and the more he plays the better he gets. I disagree with Direckshun IF Julius T comes back it only makes it that much more difficult to cover DT and Emmanuel or vice versa. The key here is getting a good pass rush from the get go and stuffing the run. Denver like the Chiefs you never know which O-line will show up;)

TimBone
11-24-2014, 11:09 AM
I do.

They look like they found their running game yesterday. I'm a bit nervous now.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Donkeys 27
Chiefs 21

temper11
11-24-2014, 11:15 AM

Smith to Bowe has been pretty good this year.... just hasn't connected for TD's but plenty of 1st downs. Avant on the other side (assuming he will be WR2 this week - which I don't know) will only help that scenario. As usual... the Chiefs win or loss is all on the offensive and defensive line. If they can open up lanes and not let Charles get tackled as he is getting the ball handed to him (as what happened multiple times Thursday nights) - good sign for Chiefs. If they can protect long enough for Smith to get to the end of his 3 to 5 step drop and set his feet and connect on the short to medium range passes that everyone loathes so much - good sign for the Chiefs. If the Defensive line (and blitz packages) can pressure manning - good sign for the Chiefs.

As with most games, he who wins in the trenches, wins the game (Bills game notwithstanding).

Aspengc8
11-24-2014, 11:15 AM
I do.

Not if they drop four picks like last week.

Iconic
11-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I think we win this with solid pass coverage on short to medium routes and sustaining long offensive possessions.

We won't get a ton of pressure on Manning but that won't be a necessity as long as we're limiting his opportunities with the football.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Smith to Bowe has been pretty good this year.... just hasn't connected for TD's but plenty of 1st downs.

Interesting to note that yes, Bowe is on pace to have a better year than 2013 in regards to receptions and yards. It's the lack of TDs that give the impression that he does nothing really, at least to the outside viewer.

68 targets with 44 receptions, 32 first downs - really good. That's only 4 catches a game though, with nearly 3 of those being first downs. Bowe has devolved into the safety valve to move the sticks with this 12.5 ypc.

Smith is 28th in the league with 6.76 yards per attempt passing. Smith is 31st in passing yards per game ... the key is to contain the ground game, don't let the TEs get open and Arrowhead is transformed into Puntsville, MO.

Titty Meat
11-24-2014, 11:33 AM
I do.

No we can't. Our secondary is overrated none of our corners match up against Denvers WR's.

The Chiefs offense can't score 30 points and the defense can't turn Manning over. This game is a loss.

MagicHef
11-24-2014, 11:35 AM

Denver is allowing 36.7% of 3rd downs to be converted. The league average is 41%.

Actually, Denver is just a bit better than KC right now, they're at 36.9%.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Denver is allowing 36.7% of 3rd downs to be converted. The league average is 41%.

Actually, Denver is just a bit better than KC right now, they're at 36.9%.

I'll say this - as a fan that watches Denver games, you can't tell me that Denver doesn't give up too many critical 3rd down conversions. Every week, it happens. The stats may support the theory that they're not bad - but when it has really mattered to kill a drive, they have given it up.

So, sure the stats may not support the comment, but I've watched too many drives continue because we fall short when it matters on stopping them at 3rd down.

temper11
11-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Smith is 28th in the league with 6.76 yards per attempt passing. Smith is 31st in passing yards per game ... the key is to contain the ground game, don't let the TEs get open and Arrowhead is transformed into Puntsville, MO.

Smith has always been near the bottom in yards per attempt passing through his last 3+ years of success. This is not a stat that really matters for the Chiefs this weekend.

31st in passing yards per game. I think this stat is not as important as people think. Chiefs are also near the bottom of the league in number of offensive possessions which is going to directly correlate into passing yards. Chiefs have also enjoyed playing most of their games with the lead which directly correlates to pounding the rock to grind the clock in the later portion of the game. If the Broncos do a decent job containing (not destroying but containing) the run game and take away the TE, but do not get heavy and early pressure on Smith, I still like the Chiefs chances. Short but steady passing plays to Charles, Bowe, Sherman and Avant will do just as good as short plays to Fasano and Kelce. It all hinges on the line.

Rain Man
11-24-2014, 11:50 AM
at least they're not playing the raiders this week. Man, that team was tough.

TEX
11-24-2014, 11:52 AM
No we can't. Our secondary is overrated none of our corners match up against Denvers WR's.

The Chiefs offense can't score 30 points and the defense can't turn Manning over. This game is a loss.

Also can't seem to EVER generate a pass rush against them. (Choke holds become legal, especially against Tamba) Do that and the defense has a shot. But yea, I agree withe what you said.

MagicHef
11-24-2014, 11:53 AM
I'll say this - as a fan that watches Denver games, you can't tell me that Denver doesn't give up too many critical 3rd down conversions. Every week, it happens. The stats may support the theory that they're not bad - but when it has really mattered to kill a drive, they have given it up.

So, sure the stats may not support the comment, but I've watched too many drives continue because we fall short when it matters on stopping them at 3rd down.

I'd love for Denver's 3rd down percentage to be better as well, but I'm guessing that fans of every team think that their team gives up too many 3rd downs on defense and doesn't convert enough 3rd downs on offense.

Jimmya
11-24-2014, 11:57 AM
We better have some LONG offensive drives with 7 points scored not 3 or turnover on downs.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 11:58 AM
I'd love for Denver's 3rd down percentage to be better as well, but I'm guessing that fans of every team think that their team gives up too many 3rd downs on defense and doesn't convert enough 3rd downs on offense.

I would just simply like to see more 3 and outs.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 11:59 AM
We better have some LONG offensive drives with 7 points scored not 3 or turnover on downs.

Long drives and owning the TOP nearly worked out in week 2, Denver had the ball for less than 24 minutes - still put up 24 points.

TEX
11-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Yep, very critical to come away with 7 and sustain drives. Honestly, IF the Chiefs ground game is in gear like it was against New England or Seattle, we have a VERY good shot at winning. If not, we don't have much of one.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Yep, very critical to come away with 7 and sustain drives. Honestly, IF the Chiefs ground game is in gear like it was against New England or Seattle, we have a VERY good shot at winning. If not, we don't have much of one.

KC, SEA and the Rams are the only teams to eclipse 100 yards rushing vs Denver. Tre Mason carried it 29 times for 113, Lynch carried it 26 times (Wilson accounted for 40 yds that killed them) and Davis carried it 22 times (Smith accounted for 40 yds, very critical runs).

Denver's line was consistently beat on with gradual successes by those 3 RBs, with the QBs in two games making it count on a few plays - extending drives.

That's where the 3rd down conversion issues come into play. Tighten it up in the middle, keep Alex honest and don't let the TE beat ya. Three big keys for the defense on Sunday @ Arrowhead.

Wallcrawler
11-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Barring another injury, we will have Jamaal available this time around. Had he been available in the first meeting, who knows how much different the game would have been.

Our kicker seems to have grasped the concept of his job, something he struggled with in the first meeting and screwed us out of 3 points after a ten plus minute possession. We need TDs and not FGs, but if it comes down to needing 3, he seems to be able to get that for us now.

This game is going to fall squarely on Andy Reid's shoulders. He MUST keep the offense on the football field. Period. If this defense plays 60 snaps against Manning, we're looking at giving up about 40 points.

Huge errors in judgement in the first meeting by Reid in not keeping the offense out on the field and going for those 4th and short situations in Denver territory, when Manning had already driven 80, and 90 yard drives for touchdowns. When that is happening, there is no field position battle. You keep your offense out there and keep Manning on the bench.

If he comes out with anything remotely resembling that first half against Oakland, then its over before it gets going. Passes behind the line of scrimmage for losses of 10, and 12 yards, and then no attempts to recoup the lost yardage. Passes not travelling more than 3-5 yards through the air, cant happen.

If we're passing, spread that shit out and get Alex into the shotgun. He does much better in that situation. Don't bother with putting him under center on third down and fifteen, because he'll have a defender on him by the time he takes his second step backward.

Ron Parker has a massive bullseye on him this week. He will get tested, early and often. If he's not up to it, this defense isn't getting off the field until points are scored.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm sure there is some 'reverse mojo' going on here by everyone involved, but I think this may also be the first time in a long while that fans of both teams genuinely think the other team is going to win.

That means things are picking up and the teams are playing good football. Home field is supposed to be a great neutralizer, so we'll see how that works out.

MagicHef
11-24-2014, 12:21 PM
I would just simply like to see more 3 and outs.

Sorry to keep doing this, but I have to.

Denver's opponents have been held to 3 or fewer plays without scoring on 39.1% of their drives.

League average is 30.1%.

KC is at 28.7%.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Sorry to keep doing this, but I have to.

Denver's opponents have been held to 3 or fewer plays without scoring on 39.1% of their drives.

League average is 30.1%.

KC is at 28.7%.

Dunno why you want to battle this one... despite what the stats show, we give up too many 3rd down conversions when it matters. We can move on now.

KCUnited
11-24-2014, 12:26 PM
I haven't watch a whole lot of Denver this year. What does potentially losing Talib and/or Webster this week do to their/your secondary?

MagicHef
11-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Dunno why you want to battle this one... despite what the stats show, we give up too many 3rd down conversions when it matters. We can move on now.

Because it's a pet peeve of mine when people look at things without context. Every team gives up too many 3rd down conversions when it matters. Complaining about a team that happens to be one of the best in the league at it makes you look silly.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 12:30 PM
I haven't watch a whole lot of Denver this year. What does potentially losing Talib and/or Webster this week do to their/your secondary?

Nothing good, but ... having a great secondary isn't actually a necessity really this week. The depth should be all right if those 2 are missing.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Because it's a pet peeve of mine when people look at things without context. Every team gives up too many 3rd down conversions when it matters. Complaining about a team that happens to be one of the best in the league at it makes you look silly.

That's where we'll agree to disagree... I don't view them as one of the best at it, not if you're counting critical points in a game.

Iowanian
11-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Enough with the pleasantries, it's Donk Week.

The Chiefs are going to slap Denver so hard sunday night that Curtis Bowen's mother is going to compose a 50 page manifesto decrying the beating, and will seek compensation to ease the pain and embarrassment of the beating.

The Chiefs are going to slap the Broncos so hard Sunday night, that the team will wake up on a hotel floor being drug by the hair by Ray Rice, and be glad it's not Kansas City.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-24-2014, 12:35 PM
What can the last game at KC tell us ... if anything? First glance, KC let off the throttle - enjoyed a 1H lead thanks to the KO return and Manning/Decker were insanely in synch, especially after halftime.

Should be a cold one, as the high looks like 37 with a low of 29 - so at kickoff it's likely freezing. We'll see, the high on Saturday is 57 and on Monday it's 46, but it doesn't look like it will be wet, so that's good.

The game @ KC a year ago had much warmer temp on 12/1 with 55 degrees at kickoff, so it will be about 20 degrees colder for SNF. Simply being cold and loud is ok, not ideal - but ok.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201312010kan.htm

Last year, the Chiefs were up 21-14 at the half and down 35-21 with 7 minutes left before they scored, making it a 35-28 victory.

KC scored a TD on a 108 yd KO return (Davis), had more rushing yards as a team, won the TO battle and ended with a slight advantage on TOP. And while intercepting Manning twice - they couldn't stop him, and with the KC offense not being set up to win a passing battle, it hurt KC. Although, Smith had nearly 300 yards and 2 TDs.

Eric Decker went nuts (4 TDs total) as he caught 3 in the 2nd half, with Manning throwing for 5 TDs and over 400 yds. Montee Ball actually had a good day. Decker and Ball our gone, replaced by Sanders and CJ Anderson this year.

Travis Kelce is a big add for KC in this one and we'll see what they can do with Avant. Denver's defense can't stop anyone on 3rd down and TEs kill them.

I don't see a combined point total over 60 points again - more like 20-17 (KC), but we'll see what happens.

Manning is only 2 TDs and 243 yards off his record pace in 2013 through 11 games, but the ground game is different now ... and while the defense should be better, they haven't played like it lately consistently enough.

Denver needs Julius back in the lineup.. interestingly enough, he didn't play last year in KC either. Julius returning to the lineup is key for me if Denver can win. If Julius isn't playing, Denver loses... I just think he means that much in a game like this on the road.

Say what you will about reverse mojo, but I'm not expecting a Denver win here... not after the way they've played over the last month.

Obviously, I'm fine being wrong here. Let's have some fun this week.

:fart:

rochambeau

Fuck off, dipshit

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 12:42 PM
**** off, dipshit

:p:Poke:4321

MagicHef
11-24-2014, 12:46 PM
That's where we'll agree to disagree... I don't view them as one of the best at it, not if you're counting critical points in a game.

Ok, I guess I don't know how to quantify critical points in a game. Which teams do you think are the best at it?

Bugeater
11-24-2014, 12:49 PM
I've seen this movie before, it will be close most of the game and the Chiefs will probably even have a lead at some point. Then in the 4th quarter Chiefs D will start falling apart, then throw in some bullshit penalties and big plays and the Donks start pulling away and win by double digits.

TEX
11-24-2014, 12:52 PM

BULL SHIT you TOOL. Predicting a KC win so you can save your TWO FACED Mile High Mule Tool ass if it happens. If not, you can twist the knife and talk shit about a Denver win at KC again. You've set it up so you "win" either way. Typical poser - move dude. You've cornered the market... LMAO

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Ok, I guess I don't know how to quantify critical points in a game. Which teams do you think are the best at it?

Unfortunately, I'm not at a point in my life where I can watch a ton of NFL games... not that I'm complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way. So, I can't compare them to the other 31 NFL teams.

All I know is what I see. And, more often than not when the Broncos need a key stop on 3rd down --- they give up the conversion. I think the times it happens over the last month stick out more simply because of how inconsistent they've played.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 12:56 PM
BULL SHIT you TOOL. Predicting a KC win so you can save your TWO FACED Mile High Mule Tool ass if it happens. If not, you can twist the knife and talk shit about a Denver win at KC again. You've set it up so you "win" either way. Typical poser - move dude. You've cornered the market... LMAO

Yeah, because I jump in and twist the knife around here so often.

In recent years, after a Bronco win over KC - there's typically very little that I say. This board is usually in meltdown mode of epic proportions and there's nothing really left to be said.

Again - call it whatever you like, but Denver (IMO) hasn't given me anything to be too secure about this week, losing 3 on the road as they have and looking soft against OAK in the 1H, @ the Rams and then all day yesterday vs Miami.

MagicHef
11-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not at a point in my life where I can watch a ton of NFL games... not that I'm complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way. So, I can't compare them to the other 31 NFL teams.

All I know is what I see. And, more often than not when the Broncos need a key stop on 3rd down --- they give up the conversion. I think the times it happens over the last month stick out more simply because of how inconsistent they've played.

I understand, it seems like they always allow the other team to walk all over them when it matters. I just know that I was angry at Manning yesterday for overthrowing a deep receiver what seemed like about 15 times. After thinking about it, I know he's one of the best ever at what he does, so other teams must have it worse.

How about this: when the score is within 8 points in the 4th quarter or overtime (maybe a good definition of "when it matters"), Denver has allowed:

1 TD
1 FG

and has forced:

4 punts
2 INTs
2 TO by downs

By percentage, every one of those number is better than league average.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 01:17 PM
I was also getting too annoyed with the slightly overthrown passes...

It's easier to get over that stuff, knowing what he can turn around and do on the next play. I don't yet have that confidence in the defense and they haven't played consistently enough at a high level to earn it.

When they are up - then it's lights out. I remember the KC game and the three drives that were way too long, we just cannot have that in KC.

Manning had the ball once in the 3rd Quarter if I recall, and really only twice in the 2H in week 2.

Jimmya
11-24-2014, 01:18 PM
I love seeing Manning on the Sideline....makes me feel generally confident!

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 01:18 PM
I love seeing Manning on the Sideline....makes me feel generally confident!

I hear ya, 23 minutes - 24 points. Almost worked.

cj2wr
11-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Chiefs should wear the red on red uniforms and blow them the F out

Buehler445
11-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I've seen this movie before, it will be close most of the game and the Chiefs will probably even have a lead at some point. Then in the 4th quarter Chiefs D will start falling apart, then throw in some bullshit penalties and big plays and the Donks start pulling away and win by double digits.

If you put a gun to my head, this is where I'm at. You saw the flags start flying when Manning needed the drive against MIA (That hands to the face against Sanders was the worst). We don't have the guns to put them down and Manning team vs KC that is in the game is trouble. Always has been, always will be.

As far as TOP, that's fucking horseshit. Drives me fucking crazy when dumbasses talk like this. It is about the efficiency. You are going to get +/- 2 possessions just like the other team. If you can get the ball and score and your defense can line up and get stops, it doesn't fucking matter if there are 6 possessions in a game or 20. You have to be more efficient with the ball than the opponent.

If you score a kickoff or punt return every time you get the ball, you're going to beat Manning if you can grab a stop or two. Holding onto the ball matters not a fucking thing if you don't score points.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 01:53 PM
You saw the flags start flying when Manning needed the drive against MIA (That hands to the face against Sanders was the worst).

Really .... 6 for 50 (Mia) compared to 9 for 98 (Den)

I'll agree that I thought it was a BS call on the hands to the face, but the flags really started flying?

Buehler445
11-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Really .... 6 for 50 (Mia) compared to 9 for 98 (Den)

I'll agree that I thought it was a BS call on the hands to the face, but the flags really started flying?

That's not helping. IIRC, there were 3 flags on that drive, so half of all flags against MIA came on one drive (it might be 2, don't remember). But yeah. They started flying.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Chiefs had an obvious fumble that they would have ran in for a TD called an incomplete pass the last time they played. A key reason why they lost...yeah if the game is called like that we are fucked.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 01:58 PM
That's not helping. IIRC, there were 3 flags on that drive, so half of all flags against MIA came on one drive (it might be 2, don't remember). But yeah. They started flying.

Oh... so, there has to be a conspiracy. Got it.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Only a complete homer would think they don't get favorable calls. See the last meeting against KC. Pathetic.

Buehler445
11-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Oh... so, there has to be a conspiracy. Got it.

Oh fuck the fuck off. I didn't say a goddamned thing about a conspiracy. Get that shit the fuck out of here.

It's not news that officials have a penchant for sticking their nose in big situations. And it's not just Manning.

Bottom line, if we get officials like the last drive against MIA, we're boned.

Simply Red
11-24-2014, 02:28 PM
I find myself lost in the labyrinthine contours of your elaborate argument.

I'm tapping out. This is too much.

Dude is the biggest idiot on the board. Some psycho that negs me for nothing - weird dude.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Dude is the biggest idiot on the board. Some psycho that negs me for nothing - weird dude.

Is he blueballs?

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 02:43 PM

You... Don't seem so nice.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 02:48 PM
CJ Anderson is a turd. REALLY hard to run the ball when teams don't give a fuck if you run it.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 02:50 PM
CJ Anderson is a turd. REALLY hard to run the ball when teams don't give a **** if you run it.

Well, he's our turd... and he's the best we have, he did well, so we'll keep him.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Well at least some one finally had a decent game. Kind of sad it took your o line being completely embarrased to finally have a decent game rushing. If they stick with it Denver is dangerous. They'd rather play soft though so no worries.

Chiefspants
11-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Peyton Mannings 27
Alec Smifs 20

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Well at least some one finally had a decent game. Kind of sad it took your o line being completely embarrased to finally have a decent game rushing. If they stick with it Denver is dangerous. They'd rather play soft though so no worries.

It is what it is... maybe Charles won't break down at the start of a big game, you need him.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-24-2014, 02:55 PM
I've been predicting a win in this game for weeks now. I believe you when you say is not reverse mojo. Denver looks very beatable right now, and I'm confident that with the extra prep time and a sing in their belles over the shit way they played in prime time to a winless team, they're going to come out with something to prove.

KC 31
Denver 20

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 02:56 PM
....yet it still took an awful call by the refs to protect a lead without Charles in Pile High. I do agree they win the first meeting with him. 134 yards without him...nice

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 02:57 PM
I've been predicting a win in this game for weeks now. I believe you when you say is not reverse mojo. Denver looks very beatable right now, and I'm confident that with the extra prep time and a sing in their belles over the shit way they played in prime time to a winless team, they're going to come out with something to prove.

KC 31
Denver 20

I don't know that I see 31... but, it will be close.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Completely different team outta that Pile High air this year

Mile High Mania
....yet it still took an awful call by the refs to protect a lead without Charles in Pile High. I do agree they win the first meeting with him. 134 yards without him...nice

Crazy how it always comes down to an awful call when KC loses, seems like that has been the case 4 times this year. One day, you guys will witness a clean loss, I just hope it's Sunday.

MagicHef
Only a complete homer would think they don't get favorable calls. See the last meeting against KC. Pathetic.

The last meeting, where Denver had a pick-6 erased due to an unrelated penalty? OK.

Denver is the most penalized team in the league. In terms of net penalties, Denver is #31, having 33 more penalties called against them than against their opponents. KC is #2, receiving 20 more beneficial penalties than their opponents.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Completely different team outta that Pile High air this year

Well, losing @ SEA and @ NEP isn't totally shocking - the Rams, yes.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 02:59 PM
The last meeting, where Denver had a pick-6 erased due to an unrelated penalty? OK.

Denver is the most penalized team in the league. In terms of net penalties, Denver is #31, having 33 more penalties called against them than against their opponents. KC is #2, receiving 20 more beneficial penalties than their opponents.

Sir, they will hear none of that...

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Thar was a legit call. The fumble called an incomplete pass that would a resulted in 6....nope

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Crazy how it always comes down to an awful call when KC loses, seems like that has been the case 4 times this year. One day, you guys will witness a clean loss, I just hope it's Sunday.

Well shady calls in SF and Pile High aren't exactly surprising. Hear about the calls all the time from zona and lamb fans about frisco.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Well shady calls in SF and Pile High aren't exactly surprising. Hear about the calls all the time from zona and lamb fans about frisco.

Bad calls happen in every game against every team...

TEX
11-24-2014, 03:08 PM

Plus its EASY NOT to see the calls factor in when you're a mule tool of the team that gets away with breaking the rules as much as the Donx do.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Bad calls happen in every game against every team...

ROFL just embrace being a troll or a big ass homer.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Plus its EASY NOT to see the calls factor in when you're a mule tool of the team that gets away with breaking the rules as much as the Donx do.

Well when talking to people like hef that think they run legal screens one tends to not be surprised by the dumbassery

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Some of you just carry the victim mentality to a new level. I get that sometimes calls happen that make you wonder if there's special treatment, and sometimes there is... not just with Denver or Manning. But, it's nowhere near the level of absurdity that some of you project.

It's as if you think Denver should be 4-7 at this point had it not been for the calls going their way. It's really funny sometimes.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Probably 6 and 5 to be honest. Wow that San Diego game was the biggest abortion of a screw job I have seen in awhile.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Probably 6 and 5 to be honest

:LOL:

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:16 PM
:) :) :) :) :)

MagicHef
11-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Some of you just carry the victim mentality to a new level. I get that sometimes calls happen that make you wonder if there's special treatment, and sometimes there is... not just with Denver or Manning. But, it's nowhere near the level of absurdity that some of you project.

It's as if you think Denver should be 4-7 at this point had it not been for the calls going their way. It's really funny sometimes.

If the refs aren't penalizing Denver on every play, they aren't doing their job.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:19 PM
It's not the quantity of calls but WHEN they happen. Are you really that blind?

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:20 PM

I suppose so... you'll need to be specific with a few references in 2-3 games this year, otherwise it's just belly-aching.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Probably 6 and 5 to be honest. Wow that San Diego game was the biggest abortion of a screw job I have seen in awhile.

Since the Ed Hoculi debacle pre-Manning.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:23 PM

Since you mentioned Denver is really likely a 6-5 team thanks to calls, find those 2 games and cite specific examples. Otherwise... nlm

Rausch
11-24-2014, 03:26 PM

I loathe that man like no other ref...

MagicHef
11-24-2014, 03:27 PM

I suppose so... you'll need to be specific with a few references in 2-3 games this year, otherwise it's just belly-aching.

I'd say a good example would be when Miami absolutely needed a TD, they suddenly got 35 penalty yards to help them drive down the field.

Another would be when Manning threw a TD to Tamme, they called OPI, erasing the TD and setting the Broncos back 10 yards.

Those would be 2 examples off the top of my head where the timing of the penalty mattered more than the yardage.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:30 PM
I'd say a good example would be when Miami absolutely needed a TD, they suddenly got 35 penalty yards to help them drive down the field.

Another would be when Manning threw a TD to Tamme, they called OPI, erasing the TD and setting the Broncos back 10 yards.

Those would be 2 examples off the top of my head where the timing of the penalty mattered more than the yardage.

You're playing this wrong... the refs love Denver, that's why we win games.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Any call against Denver is legit.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Well duh they run illegal picks on every play. Gotta call a couple. Those calls Miami got were pretty damn obvious.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 03:32 PM
They're also extremely rare.

Chiefspants
11-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Peyton "Papa John" Manning would be a 3-7-1 QB if he didn't have the officials, Goddell and Crisco in his pocket.

36,000 pounds of crisco goes missing in October and now just watch the Broncos go on another slippery 1997 run this February.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26718838/

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Broncos are one of the most penalized teams in the NFL and Von Miller gets held on almost every single play and it's never called. The refs will flag Denver for holding on a player like Quinn but they won't flag the rams for holding Miller or Ware. This happens all the time.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Dunno how accurate the site is, but it looks good.

Through 11 games, only 2 (IND and SEA) times did the Broncos have fewer penalties than their opponent. You can do all sorts of break downs on this site.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/denver-broncos?year=2014

Chiefspants
11-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Dunno how accurate the site is, but it looks good.

Through 11 games, only 2 (IND and SEA) times did the Broncos have fewer penalties than their opponent. You can do all sorts of break downs on this site.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/denver-broncos?year=2014

Cognitive Dissonance tells me to disagree with this.

Peyton's 12th man will be the referee, 13th will be the Crisco, 14th will be the violated cap size.

Chiefs can't win against 14 men on the field. Cheating Donks.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:44 PM

Peyton's 12th man will be the referee, 13th will be the Crisco, 14th will be the violated cap size.

:facepalm:%(/

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Another favorable schedule for KC too. The NFL always seems to make Denver go to KC in the second half of the schedule and it's happening again this year.

Easy 6
11-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Broncos 277 - Chiefs 9

Bundle up your jerseys and memorabilia and soak them in charcoal fluid now, it'll make burning them that much easier sunday night.

Chiefspants
11-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Another favorable schedule for KC too. The NFL always seems to make Denver go to KC in the second half of the schedule and it's happening again this year.

Denver had their first 10 games at home this year.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Denver had their first 10 games at home this year. That's a fact.

That's unpossible. And, with an older team that had a bye week in week 4... I'd much rather avoid having the early home games.

They also started right out of the gate with IND, KC, SEA, AZ, SF ... they didn't get it easy.

Iconic
11-24-2014, 03:53 PM

:tinfoil:

Chiefspants
11-24-2014, 03:55 PM
That's unpossible. And, with an older team that had a bye week in week 4... I'd much rather avoid having the early home games.

They also started right out of the gate with IND, KC, SEA, AZ, SF ... they didn't get it easy.

You only beat AZ because you knocked out his starting QB out of the gate and held on against a weak Chiefs team because you dirty Donks knocked out Charles.

Turn those games into losses and take away all those gift flags and 11 straight home games and you are all 3-7-1 coming into this game.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 04:05 PM
You only beat AZ because you knocked out his starting QB out of the gate and held on against a weak Chiefs team because you dirty Donks knocked out Charles.

Turn those games into losses and take away all those gift flags and 11 straight home games and you are all 3-7-1 coming into this game.

Please. Davis did fine filling in for Charles... as if Charles hasn't gimped out of a big game before.

Chiefspants
11-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Please. Davis did fine filling in for Charles... as if Charles hasn't gimped out of a big game before.

I was 100% trolling. The Eric Berry news has left me pretty devastated. I apologize for messing around.

Iowanian
11-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Peyton Manning is going to wake up thinking he's been doing laundry in the basement with the Sisters of Shawshank at the end of this game.

I wish I could tell you that the broncos fought the good fight, and the Chiefss let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but Arrowhead is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all Saw on National TV. Things went on like that for awhile - Arrowhead games consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Manning would be helped up with fresh bruises. The Chiefs kept at him - sometimes he was able to complete a pass, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Denver - that was their routine. I do believe those 4 quarters were the worst for Manning, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 04:13 PM
I was 100% trolling. The Eric Berry news has left me pretty devastated. I apologize for messing around.

Sucks about Berry.

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2014, 04:15 PM
How the NFL schedules hell for the Broncos:

*at Seattle
*at SF
(If NFL had known AZ is best Broncos would have played in AZ)
*at NE (again and again and again, KC got them at home)
*at KC late in the season (again)
*super early bye

Just a few examples...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Never mind. We're fucked. You win again.

Iowanian
11-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Stop whining, Donk. The Chiefs beat Seattle....Seattle SmASHED Denver....the Chiefs put up a 50-burger on NE....NE smashed the Denver.

Adrian Pederson's worst behaved kid is going to be envious of the beating the Donks are going to get Sunday night.

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Stop whining, Donk. The Chiefs beat Seattle....Seattle SmASHED Denver....the Chiefs put up a 50-burger on NE....NE smashed the Denver.

Adrian Pederson's worst behaved kid is going to be envious of the beating the Donks are going to get Sunday night.

You played both at home Broncos played them on the road.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Looks like Denver will have a new kicker!

Buehler445
11-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Looks like Denver will have a new kicker!

Did they get Elam out of retirement?

Nice to know that we're not the only ones with kicker problems.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Huh? Santos has been solid this year.

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Another NFL favor-Prater drinks a beer and gets a 4 game suspension. Ray Rice punches out fiancé and gets 2 game suspension. Just say'n...

Ted Theodore Logan
11-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Broncos WIN Broncos WIN! Eric Berry was afraid to face the horse again.

Chiefspants
11-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Broncos WIN Broncos WIN! Eric Berry was afraid to face the horse again.

Flop, I know like, this may not be kosher and what not, but could you please ban this prick? Thanks.

Ted Theodore Logan
11-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Flop, I know like, this may not be kosher and what not, but could you please ban this prick? Thanks.

You cant handle that I was right,lol. Deal with it. This is only the beginning...

NJChiefsFan
11-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Another NFL favor-Prater drinks a beer and gets a 4 game suspension. Ray Rice punches out fiancé and gets 2 game suspension. Just say'n...

You had a chance to keep Prater after the suspension and you cut him. The length of the suspension isn't the reason you don't have him right now. It's the NFL's ass-backwards policies, not a vendetta against Denver that created that situation. It's happened to plenty of teams besides Denver, including KC.

They sure as shit aren't running around trying to do the Chiefs any favors. Since 1999 the Chiefs have hosted the later game in the series 8 times vs. the Broncos doing so 8. This will make it 9 to 8. Not exactly a big difference. In the previous 5 years Denver hosted the later game 3 times. What I should check is who has had more primetime home games in the series, because I'm pretty sure Denver has. The only recent ones I remember vs. Denver in KC is this one and the Thanksgiving Day game.

You aren't saying the NFL doesn't like you are you? Manning basically runs the league and they love Elway nearly as much. How much did you get fined for cheating the cap when you won the SB, like $5? They changed the damn rules after you got your ass kicked against Seattle.

NJChiefsFan
11-24-2014, 05:15 PM

It's like the bullies in schools. They think they are funny because they have the balls to say ****ed up stuff. That doesn't make you clever, it makes you a douche bag. Usually life leaves those people behind, but not always.

Buehler445
11-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Huh? Santos has been solid this year.

Didn't he miss like 3 out of the first 4 or something? But yeah. He's been solid since.

Do you not remember the Justin Medlock experiment? Annnnnd every subsequent kicker? Hell Tynes missed a bunch of big kicks too. We have never been automatic.

And that's not even bringing up the kicker that shall remain nameless.

BigRedChief
11-25-2014, 02:39 PM
The Chiefs have won their last four games played at Arrowhead Stadium this season, outscoring opponents 123 to 51.

Mile High Mania
11-25-2014, 02:49 PM
The Chiefs have won their last four games played at Arrowhead Stadium this season, outscoring opponents 123 to 51.

Told ya, we're screwed.

If it weren't for the Titans thumping you at home, you'd be able to go back 5 games.

BigRedChief
11-25-2014, 02:57 PM
Told ya, we're screwed.

If it weren't for the Titans thumping you at home, you'd be able to go back 5 games.No worries, Manning always seems to screw us at Arrowhead.:huh:

Warrior5
11-25-2014, 03:04 PM
No worries, Manning always seems to screw us at Arrowhead.:huh:

Well then it's time to stop that nonsense.

Welcome back to Arrowhead, Manning. Let's play...

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Told ya, we're screwed.

If it weren't for the Titans thumping you at home, you'd be able to go back 5 games.

That's why they call you the Mule Tool

Pepe Silvia
11-25-2014, 06:44 PM
I don't think Denver has ever won a legit game.

Mile High Mania
11-26-2014, 07:14 AM
I don't think Denver has ever won a legit game.

You might be right.

Pasta ... they is plural, and TEX is just one guy. But, carry on.

Direckshun
11-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Chiefs rush Hali, Houston, Bailey and Poe.

Smith mans up on Thomas. Gaines plays Sanders with a bracket over the top.

JMJ can handle Tamme and I'm sure they'll put Abdullah or Parker on Thomas if he plays.

Cooper on Welker in the slot. Owens, if he's healthy.

Force the Donks to beat you with CJ Anderson and their third and fourth option. The Donks can pull that off if the passrush isn't there, but that's easier to live with than Manning passing for 400.

Direckshun
11-26-2014, 07:47 AM
On offense, get Avery involved early, force the Broncos to respect all the receiving weapons we have. Bowe and Kelce can turn on at any time, but Avery is a rhythm receiver.

Force the Broncos to stay home -- run DAT on sweeps alternately with Charles up the front. And for god's sakes, get Knile the ball in the 2nd half to wear the defense down.

Avoid third and long. Smart 1st down plays to keep the defense honest.

And PLEASE throw Hammond out there to return punts if DAT makes a single bad decision.

Mile High Mania
11-26-2014, 07:50 AM
On offense, get Avery involved early, force the Broncos to respect all the receiving weapons we have. Bowe and Kelce can turn on at any time, but Avery is a rhythm receiver.

Force the Broncos to stay home -- run DAT on sweeps alternately with Charles up the front. And for god's sakes, get Knile the ball in the 2nd half to wear the defense down.

And PLEASE throw Hammond out there to return punts if DAT makes a single bad decision.

That will be interesting...

Direckshun
11-26-2014, 08:20 AM
In what way?

Teams havent had to dedicate hardly any resources to limit Hemingway, Jenkins, and Hammond.

Whatever your opinions are on Bowe, Avery, and Avant, that's actually the first time all year we've trotted out an NFL-caliber receiving corps.

TEX
11-26-2014, 10:07 AM

I wouldn't wait for DAT to make a bad decision - It's NOT a a matter of "if" but rather when he will. I'd let Hammond return them from the get go.

You nailed this take - solid on all accounts! :clap:

TEX
11-26-2014, 10:09 AM
That's why they call you the Mule Tool

ROFL

Iowanian
11-26-2014, 10:10 AM
You played both at home Broncos played them on the road.

So what you're saying is that in addition to adding new rules and restrictions on defenses to help Manning, the league has also given the Donks a horde of "layup" home games?

Chop blocking, jersey greasing, salary cap cheating, mule lipped, buck tooth horde of flaming orange bag of braying donkey dung!

TEX
11-26-2014, 10:13 AM
So what you're saying is that in addition to adding new rules and restrictions on defenses to help Manning, the league has also given the Donks a horde of "layup" home games?

Chop blocking, jersey greasing, salary cap cheating, mule lipped, buck tooth horde of flaming orange bag of braying donkey dung!

Yes. DONT forget about about all the "legal" picks, errrr - I mean rubs...

Dayze
11-26-2014, 10:20 AM
if i'm a defender and I see a 'rub' route coming, i blast the WR setting the pick. 1st down be damned. maybe after getting lit the fuck up a few times, they will be less eager to give 100%on the pick...er, rub. You're gonna get called for illegal contact and DPI all night anyway, might as well make it worthwhile.

like what the Pats did to Marshall Faulk in the super bowl. even when he didn't get the ball, they would light him up on nearly every play.

Iowanian
11-26-2014, 10:25 AM
If the rub routes are coming out, I'd rather just see the defense KO the WR, take the flag early and break Welker cervix bearing and I'm not going to lie, I'd like to see Sanders' eggs scrambled for what he did.

Stop that shit early with acts of violence by the defense. Hit them so hard the first time they try a pick that they wake up think they're a convenience store in Ferguson.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 10:26 AM
if i'm a defender and I see a 'rub' route coming, i blast the WR setting the pick. 1st down be damned. maybe after getting lit the **** up a few times, they will be less eager to give 100%on the pick...er, rub. You're gonna get called for illegal contact and DPI all night anyway, might as well make it worthwhile.

like what the Pats did to Marshall Faulk in the super bowl. even when he didn't get the ball, they would light him up on nearly every play.

I'm not really sure what the bold means. Usually the one setting the pick has stopped and is facing Manning with his hands up, as if to receive a pass. How can you not give 100% to standing still? Also, they're professional football players in helmets and pads. They're not going to stop running a play where they are apparently getting free first downs just because one of the players got hit.

Iowanian
11-26-2014, 10:27 AM
I see MagifHUFF has been taking advantage of Colorado's recreational drug laws.

Let's not pretend the league doesn't allow Denver's WR to run picks and rubs to open routes.

TEX
11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
if i'm a defender and I see a 'rub' route coming, i blast the WR setting the pick. 1st down be damned. maybe after getting lit the **** up a few times, they will be less eager to give 100%on the pick...er, rub. You're gonna get called for illegal contact and DPI all night anyway, might as well make it worthwhile.

Kinda like 43-8

Dayze
11-26-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm not really sure what the bold means. Usually the one setting the pick has stopped and is facing Manning with his hands up, as if to receive a pass. How can you not give 100% to standing still? Also, they're professional football players in helmets and pads. They're not going to stop running a play where they are apparently getting free first downs just because one of the players got hit.

sorry, I should've clarified.
meaning, if a WR knows that his primary role is to get int the way, he might be a little less likely to truly try to get in the way. hard to explain; I've seen some of their WRs run their 'route', look for a defender to rub/pick, then right at the last second as the defender is approaching, they stop and literally looking like a basketball player boxing out. Trying their best to make it look like they were ever really part of the play (from a receiving standpoint) at all.
I would 'hope' that after a few times of getting blasted they would be a little 'less' eager.

like i've seen defenders running, see the pick, then sort of let up a bit, try to get around them. I would like to see, on occasion, the defender continue to run at full speed and just blast the dude in the ribs.

Warrior5
11-26-2014, 11:02 AM

Perfectly stated.

Iowanian
11-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Denver fans consider dried donkey turds "nature's granola bar".

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 11:08 AM
sorry, I should've clarified.
meaning, if a WR knows that his primary role is to get int the way, he might be a little less likely to truly try to get in the way. hard to explain; I've seen some of their WRs run their 'route', look for a defender to rub/pick, then right at the last second as the defender is approaching, they stop and literally looking like a basketball player boxing out. Trying their best to make it look like they were ever really part of the play (from a receiving standpoint) at all.
I would 'hope' that after a few times of getting blasted they would be a little 'less' eager.

like i've seen defenders running, see the pick, then sort of let up a bit, try to get around them. I would like to see, on occasion, the defender continue to run at full speed and just blast the dude in the ribs.

You see this because that's the defender's job. If he runs around the pick, he still has a chance to make the play. If he blows up a different player than the one he has responsibility for, he takes himself out of the play and gets yelled at in team meetings.

Buehler445
11-26-2014, 11:28 AM
If you are talking about getting physical regardless of flags the thing to do is hit manning. Dude does not play well when he hears footsteps.

Dayze
11-26-2014, 11:30 AM
yes, i agree. but that's usually not what happens. they're taken out of the play anyway.

by the time the pick is set, the defender is done unless Manning is somehow getting pressure and messes up the throw.

my point is (and I've done a bad job at explaining it), Denver is giong to run the pick plays regardless. they're going to get DPI and illegal contact penalties called against us anyway. ;so, I would selectively blow up WRs/pick man in certain. situations during the game.

Dayze
11-26-2014, 11:30 AM
If you are talking about getting physical regardless of flags the thing to do is hit manning. Dude does not play well when he hears footsteps.

this too.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-26-2014, 11:35 AM
It's gonna be us by four with 1:09 left to play and the Broncos start at their own 10 yard line. They proceed to drive 90 yards for the winning score...80 of the yards are holding/illegal contact/pass interference yards. /Manning era in Denver

IamBATMAN
11-26-2014, 11:50 AM
I have been reading articles this morning, and the threads on the forum about the game this Sunday. One thing I am positive of right now is that the chiefs kingdom is going to see an extrodinary game full of emotion. We will see the heart of this team and the city poured into this game until the last second ticks off the clock. As lame as it sounds, and what Denver may not want to admit, this is the best team they have faced since Peyton became a Bronco. This team has a lot to play for right now, and will be handful for the Broncos. Emotion will be high - the love this city has for their team and Eric Berry will be on display for the world to see. I have a hard to trying to talk myself out of a win here. Maybe last weekend I would of believed a loss, but today, today my gut my heart and every inch of my being says this is a win now. I lurk in the shadows and read the debates, and trully can see each persons point of view. Im very cautious about buying into this team 100% due to the pain they have dished out over the past two decades. But today....I AM IN 100%. Confident that this team is going to give each other, the coaches, and the city something to be proud of and bring home a victory against a good Broncos team.

PRINT 'EM.

Pablo
11-26-2014, 11:52 AM
It's gonna be us by four with 1:09 left to play and the Broncos start at their own 10 yard line. They proceed to drive 90 yards for the winning score...80 of the yards are holding/illegal contact/pass interference yards. /Manning era in DenverWell, let's hope it isn't Denver up four and us with the ball in that scenario. Because we know that wouldn't end in a win either.

Pablo
11-26-2014, 11:54 AM
If you are talking about getting physical regardless of flags the thing to do is hit manning. Dude does not play well when he hears footsteps.Yep. He gets the ball out insanely fast, but we have the speed up front to get to him a couple of times. Manning has never been one to stand tall and deliver the ball in the face of pressure.

He's a crumpling Cassel-level pussy in that regard. Get in his face early and just fluster him. That's our only real shot.

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 11:58 AM
I have been reading articles this morning, and the threads on the forum about the game this Sunday. One thing I am positive of right now is that the chiefs kingdom is going to see an extrodinary game full of emotion. We will see the heart of this team and the city poured into this game until the last second ticks off the clock. As lame as it sounds, and what Denver may not want to admit, this is the best team they have faced since Peyton became a Bronco. This team has a lot to play for right now, and will be handful for the Broncos. Emotion will be high - the love this city has for their team and Eric Berry will be on display for the world to see. I have a hard to trying to talk myself out of a win here. Maybe last weekend I would of believed a loss, but today, today my gut my heart and every inch of my being says this is a win now. I lurk in the shadows and read the debates, and trully can see each persons point of view. Im very cautious about buying into this team 100% due to the pain they have dished out over the past two decades. But today....I AM IN 100%. Confident that this team is going to give each other, the coaches, and the city something to be proud of and bring home a victory against a good Broncos team.

PRINT 'EM.

http://i.imgur.com/Z5SXSMy.gif

TEX
11-26-2014, 12:35 PM

That's why I'd hit the guy whenever possible. If it's close, BRING IT! Because ANYTHING close is gonna get called regardless. So, hit the Prima Donna Mother ****ER - It's well worth the penalty.

BigMeatballDave
11-26-2014, 12:39 PM
I cannot even imagine the joy it would bring to beat them NE style.

Bearcat
11-26-2014, 12:39 PM
How the NFL schedules hell for the Broncos:

*at Seattle
*at SF
(If NFL had known AZ is best Broncos would have played in AZ)
*at NE (again and again and again, KC got them at home)
*at KC late in the season (again)
*super early bye

Just a few examples...

Seattle was predetermined and they did not play at SF... FFS, that was the game Manning broke the TD record.

SCHEDULING NIGHTMARE!

Pablo
11-26-2014, 12:41 PM
I cannot even imagine the joy it would bring to beat them NE style.The streets of Kansas City would run white with jizz.

TEX
11-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Seattle was predetermined and they did not play at SF... FFS, that was the game Manning broke the TD record.

SCHEDULING NIGHTMARE!

EVERYONE KNOWS the home field advantage that Denver has (because of the altitude and because they're very good). Being able to start the year playing 5 of their first 7 at home is a HUGE advantage to a good start. Last year they enjoyed nearly the same kind of treatment (Think it was 4 of 6) . Getting off to a quick start is proven to be advantageous for season-long success. It really wasn't till they had to take things on the road did you see the cracks in the armor. I even told the resident MULE TOOL how that would work out.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 04:01 PM
EVERYONE KNOWS the home field advantage that Denver has (because of the altitude and because they're very good). Being able to start the year playing 5 of their first 7 at home is a HUGE advantage to a good start. Last year they enjoyed nearly the same kind of treatment (Think it was 4 of 6) . Getting off to a quick start is proven to be advantageous for season-long success. It really wasn't till they had to take things on the road did you see the cracks in the armor. I even told the resident MULE TOOL how that would work out.

As evidenced by the 2006, 2008 and 2009 Broncos. Those teams started off 7-2, 8-5, and 6-0, and all missed the playoffs. In fact, giving Denver an "easy" early schedule seems more like a cruel joke than an advantage. I put easy in quotes because 7 of the first 8 games were still against serious playoff contenders.

Reerun_KC
11-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Adam Tiecher said today on Denver radio that theres not much of a chance for the Chiefs to win...

BigMeatballDave
11-26-2014, 06:09 PM
As evidenced by the 2006, 2008 and 2009 Broncos. Those teams started off 7-2, 8-5, and 6-0, and all missed the playoffs. In fact, giving Denver an "easy" early schedule seems more like a cruel joke than an advantage. I put easy in quotes because 7 of the first 8 games were still against serious playoff contenders.You didn't have Manning, retard. That's why you didn't make the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
11-26-2014, 06:16 PM
You didn't have Manning, retard. That's why you didn't make the playoffs.

They made the playoffs without Manning.

BigMeatballDave
11-26-2014, 07:48 PM
They made the playoffs without Manning.

WTF are you talking about?

Mile High Mania
11-26-2014, 07:52 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Seemed pretty simple to me.

Coochie liquor
11-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Pressure Manning and hit the receivers hard on every tackle. Like when Flowers was killing Welker last year!

BigMeatballDave
11-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Seemed pretty simple to me.

Yeah, but your comment had absolutely nothing to do with mine and why I posted it.

Mile High Mania
11-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Pressure Manning and hit the receivers hard on every tackle. Like when Flowers was killing Welker last year!

That's the key, get in him early... good luck, I think Welker will play a greater safety valve option. It sounds like JT might not play.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah, but your comment had absolutely nothing to do with mine and why I posted it.

Just like how your comment had absolutely nothing to do with mine and why I posted it! Wow!

Pasta Little Brioni
11-27-2014, 10:04 AM
The altitude is a joke and a bit unfair. Miami had it won and just fell apart because they aren't used to it. We sure know it isn't the crowd noise from those bandwagon fans giving them advantage.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2014, 10:09 AM
We will need Alex to have one of his rare games over 24 points to win.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-27-2014, 10:15 AM

A couple eight minute drives against that soft Denver defense

Imon Yourside
11-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Put a couple of cheap shots on manning and he'll fold up like a cheap tent, What's that former Denver Linebackers name again? hmmmmmmmm. :D

Simply Red
11-27-2014, 11:02 AM
clam bake.

Simply Red
11-27-2014, 11:07 AM
clam bake as the safe word(s) is undefeated - it beat SD IIRC

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Just like how your comment had absolutely nothing to do with mine and why I posted it! Wow!

Yes it did. You didn't have Manning, therefore you sucked.

Titty Meat
11-27-2014, 12:07 PM

3-35 if im not mistaken right?

MagicHef
11-27-2014, 01:30 PM

No, TEX's point was that an easy early schedule led to overall success. The discussion had nothing to do with Manning.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2014, 01:36 PM

Dumb

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 01:36 PM
No, TEX's point was that an easy early schedule led to overall success. The discussion had nothing to do with Manning.

The good starts that ended in no post season because you didn't have Manning.

Which is what will happen when Manning is gone.

I long for the perennial Donkey suck.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2014, 01:40 PM
The good starts that ended in no post season because you didn't have Manning.

Which is what will happen when Manning is gone.

I long for the perennial Donkey suck.

Good luck, they're not horrible too often.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 03:50 PM
Good luck, they're not horrible too often.

This current team has struggled WITH Manning.

Do you think it'll be as good with Osweiler?

Mile High Mania
11-27-2014, 09:45 PM
This current team has struggled WITH Manning.

Do you think it'll be as good with Osweiler?

Brock isn't the heir apparent... he's a cheap clip board holder..........

notorious
11-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Denver is ran the right way.

They will rarely have down seasons.

Reerun_KC
11-27-2014, 09:49 PM

Flying during most of the game this Sunday.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 09:54 PM

Yeah, the franchise that drafted and started Tim Tebow.

Cheated the cap on their SB wins.

Ran the right way.

Okay.

And before some dipshit comes back with some redundant shit about how the Chiefs haven't won anything, save it. We've heard it.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 09:55 PM

Who is?

Oh, I bet you could get Sam Bradford cheap. :)

Bearcat
11-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Jizz would seep from your screen when you opened threads here if the Chiefs "struggled" like the Broncos every year... LMAO

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 09:57 PM

In all fairness and seriousness, I ask you to shove that shit up our own blowhole because its rooted in less than nothing.

Who's side are you on anyway, son?

Bowser
11-27-2014, 09:58 PM

Good lord, man! Don't let Knowmo see you saying that shit!

notorious
11-27-2014, 10:00 PM

Ran the right way.

Okay.

And before some dipshit comes back with some redundant shit about how the Chiefs haven't won anything, save it. We've heard it.

How many losing seasons have they had in the last 20 years?

Reerun_KC
11-27-2014, 10:01 PM

Ran the right way.

Okay.

Would trade their history and success for the chiefs in a heartbeat.

notorious
11-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Jizz would seep from your screen when you opened threads here if the Chiefs "struggled" like the Broncos every year... LMAO

No kidding.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 10:04 PM
How can you guys post with Donkey spunk in your eyes?

notorious
11-27-2014, 10:06 PM
It's not kissing Bronco ass, it's stating fact.

They have a better franchise than the Chiefs. It's obvious.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 10:09 PM

Thank you Capt Obvious.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was watching Bumgarner pitch, with Buck calling the game. LOL

Chiefs4TheWin
11-27-2014, 10:12 PM

I'm envious of what they've been able to accomplish in my lifetime. Hoping we can start to change some culture this Sunday. Would be a pleasent step for the future to beat down Peyton.. for once.

Reerun_KC
11-27-2014, 10:12 PM
How can you guys post with Donkey spunk in your eyes?
Bend over and I'll show you.

Reerun_KC
11-27-2014, 10:13 PM

Sadly it sucks. But its the truth. Over the last 30,years they have been relevant unlike the chiefs.

For that I hate that donkey scum.

Bearcat
11-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Because asking how many losing seasons they've had in the past couple of decades and saying Chiefs fans would wet themselves if the Chiefs were just as good is just slobbering over the Broncos.

BRB, gotta finish.

notorious
11-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Thank you Capt Obvious.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was watching Bumgarner pitch, with Buck calling the game. LOL

Why are you questioning our posts if it's so obvious?

Bearcat
11-27-2014, 10:15 PM
I'll anxiously wait a thread bump if the Chiefs win Sunday night... how awesome are they now?!?!?

notorious
11-27-2014, 10:16 PM
I'll anxiously wait a thread bump if the Chiefs win Sunday night... how awesome are they now?!?!?

I will take people pounding their chests if it means a Chiefs win every single time.

Bearcat
11-27-2014, 10:17 PM
I will take people pounding their chests if it means a Chiefs win every single time.

Of course, since ya know, we don't actually love the Broncos.

MMXcalibur
11-27-2014, 10:18 PM
If we can't get up for beating the Broncos with these factors:

- coming off a close loss to an inferior team
- with one of our own players suffering from a life threatening illness
- said player giving a heartfelt message to the team
- on a Sunday Night Football game at home with the crowd roaring
- the division/playoff implications

...then we are never beating the Broncos with Manning at quarterback.
Ever.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Who is?

Oh, I bet you could get Sam Bradford cheap. :)

I'm not too terribly concerned about the heir apparent right now. Since 1984, I think Denver has only had 5 seasons less than .500 - but get ready for the worst, I suppose.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 10:25 PM
LMAO Tried to troll Donkey fans, ended up trolling Chiefs fans without even trying.

That was fun.

Reerun_KC
11-27-2014, 10:41 PM
LMAO Tried to troll Donkey fans, ended up trolling Chiefs fans without even trying.

That was fun.
You ate too many noodles today.

Chiefshrink
11-27-2014, 11:43 PM

Ever.

BINGO !! But I still predict an 8-8 season missing the playoffs sorry to say.

Chiefs4TheWin
11-27-2014, 11:57 PM

Ever.

Yeah. This 100%. Losing this game will put me back into shit mode for the rest of the season. Barring a miracle.

Pepe Silvia
11-28-2014, 01:03 AM

Yep. Their ownership won't allow it. Teams like Pittsburgh and Denver will never be bums, they may have a couple down years but they will always be competitive.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2014, 02:23 AM
How many losing seasons have they had in the last 20 years?

Has more to do with that Pile High air than the quality of team.....truth

TEX
11-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Has more to do with that Pile High air than the quality of team.....truth

Very fair argument.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Very fair argument.

So, altitude makes inferior talent better... that makes sense.

Bob Dole
11-28-2014, 10:49 AM
So, altitude makes inferior talent better... that makes sense.

No. The altitude is an ass kicker for visitors who are not acclimated.

Coochie liquor
11-28-2014, 11:06 AM

Ever.

This is the truth!! I think our boys will be FIRED UP Sunday night. We gotta come out and immediately punch them in the mouth. Let em know we're controlling the tempo. Just like Seattle did to start the SB. Make every hit crushing!!! KILLLLLL THOSE DAMN DUNGKEYSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Mav
11-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Agreed. I really didn't understand the affect of altitude until I had to take a PT test down at fort bliss. My run dropped 2 minutes

Mile High Mania
11-28-2014, 11:23 AM

Yeah, that plays into a bit.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2014, 12:18 PM
So it's the altitude? What about when the Broncos were the worst team in professional football in the 60s & 70s, where was the huge advantage then?

Bearcat
11-28-2014, 12:29 PM
It can be an advantage without being a black and white either the greatest advantage evar that wins every game or zero impact. If the Broncos suck, teams probably get out to early leads, the defense is on the field less, and well, the Broncos suck. When you have Peyton Manning, teams are obviously more likely to get worn down by the 4th quarter of any game, much less a mile above sea level.

Not a difficult concept.

Buehler445
11-28-2014, 12:35 PM

I'm gonna run up the Bullshit flag here.

At mannings age they'd be drafting someone.

Mav
11-28-2014, 04:51 PM
So it's the altitude? What about when the Broncos were the worst team in professional football in the 60s & 70s, where was the huge advantage then?
And we of course said it was the only thing. Not just a factor. Right?

Fucking idiot.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2014, 04:55 PM
And we of course said it was the only thing. Not just a factor. Right?

****ing idiot.

Check out post 215 & 216. Thanks for playing the moron card, you gotta full house.

Mav
11-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Check out post 215 & 216. Thanks for playing the moron card, you gotta full house.
Factor idiot.

Not sole fucking reason you mouth breather.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2014, 05:06 PM
Factor idiot.

Not sole ****ing reason you mouth breather.

At most it's a physochological advantage. It's only real advantage is in the kicking game but that works just as well for the opposing team.

ViperVisor
11-28-2014, 05:08 PM
NFL Net Playbook show had O'hara breaking down individual and group failures of the O-Line in the Raiders game.

Mav
11-28-2014, 05:10 PM
At most it's a physochological advantage. It's only real advantage is in the kicking game but that works just as well for the opposing team.
You serious? Do you live in Denver? Dude. I have run at zero elevation. And I have run at high elevation. There is clearly an advantage to being acclimated to elevation.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2014, 05:15 PM
You serious? Do you live in Denver? Dude. I have run at zero elevation. And I have run at high elevation. There is clearly an advantage to being acclimated to elevation.

I grew up in CO and for a football game, there's simply not a big advantage, especially when you can get oxygen on the sideline.

NJChiefsFan
11-28-2014, 05:22 PM
NFL Net Playbook show had O'hara breaking down individual and group failures of the O-Line in the Raiders game.

In one show? Must be a "to be continued".

Mav
11-28-2014, 05:25 PM
I grew up in CO and for a football game, there's simply not a big advantage, especially when you can get oxygen on the sideline.
If you are from there. If you aren't, it's like constant asthma.

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2014, 05:29 PM
The fact that it can be deadly for someone with sickle cell to play at that altitude is an advantage.

Ryan Clark?

Buehler445
11-28-2014, 05:34 PM

Pass the pipe man. You've had enough. Go live somewhere else for a month and then do wind sprints at 6000 feet. If you grew up in Colorado you obviously weren't athletic.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2014, 05:36 PM
If you are from there. If you aren't, it's like constant asthma.

So the flip side of this is that the Broncos should be in better shape then every other team in the NFL and should be able to out play every other team especially at low altitude because they train at a mile high, right? This is you argument. But we both know this is not the case.

Mav
11-28-2014, 05:39 PM
So the flip side of this is that the Broncos should be in better shape then every other team in the NFL and should be able to out play every other team especially at low altitude because they train at a mile high, right? This is you argument. But we both know this is not the case.
I'm not saying that the Broncos aren't talented.

I'm simply saying that playing at home is an advantage for the Broncos

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Pass the pipe man. You've had enough. Go live somewhere else for a month and then do wind sprints at 6000 feet. If you grew up in Colorado you obviously weren't athletic.

I played football growing up in CO and it's not a cardio intensive sport. If you are talking long distant running than sure. The Nuggets have tried to use the altitude to their advantage for years and they suck. The Avalanche don't claim any advantage either yet both basketball and hockey are much more cardio/endurance sports.

RunKC
11-28-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm not saying that the Broncos aren't talented.

I'm simply saying that playing at home is an advantage for the Broncos

It's absolutely an advantage. Ryan Clark can't even play there.

Buehler445
11-28-2014, 05:54 PM
I played football growing up in CO and it's not a cardio intensive sport. If you are talking long distant running than sure. The Nuggets have tried to use the altitude to their advantage for years and they suck. The Avalanche don't claim any advantage either yet both basketball and hockey are much more cardio/endurance sports.

You're high as a kite dude. High altitude fucks with everything. That's why the Olympic Training facility is up there. I gurantee oxygen affects football more than fucking gymnastics. And those dudes that use hypobaric chambers to sleep in do it like they're preparing for...what is it? High altitude.

Maybe the nuggets just suck. IDK. I hate the fucking nba. I agree that it doesn't work without talent but it's a huge impact on playing in Denver. to say otherwise is fucking absurd.

Bearcat
11-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Wait, so athletes in more cardio-intensive sports might not be impacted as much by high altitude than athletes in less cardio-intensive sports?

Is there a flowchart or something?

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2014, 06:04 PM
It's absolutely an advantage. Ryan Clark can't even play there.

Does't Clark suffer from sickle cell anemia?

Warrior5
11-28-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm having strawberry-rhubarb pie Sunday night.

Passepartout
11-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Arrowhead is a tough place to play! You all got the home fans in front of ya!

TimBone
11-28-2014, 06:30 PM
You know what I hate? That fucking IN-COM-PLETE chant at Mile high. Can't you seat sniffers coume up with anything better?

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2014, 06:42 PM
You know what I hate? That fucking IN-COM-PLETE chant at Mile high. Can't you seat sniffers coume up with anything better?

They cannot. That is how stupid they are.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2014, 09:17 PM

Like Miami who wins that game otherwise.

Rausch
11-28-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm having strawberry-rhubarb pie Sunday night.

Same here.

Not as good as Great-grammy's but almost no one around here makes them anymore...

hometeam
11-28-2014, 09:30 PM
As usual, I'm going to bring home the win. No discussion needed~

TimBone
11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
I don't think I've ever had a rhubarb pie. Ever.