PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead Pride: 5 Things to Beat the Donks

Jimmya
11-24-2014, 01:30 PM
5 Things Chiefs must do to beat Denver.

1. Run the ball. A lot.

The Kansas City Chiefs are the fifth ranked rushing offense in the NFL. Their formula for beating another high powered offense, the New England Patriots, was to run the ball and run it a lot. This can not be another game where Knile Davis has five or six snaps like he has the past couple of weeks. He needs to be involved regularly. I don't think I have to mention this because it's obvious but the Chiefs also need a healthy, healthy dose of Jamaal Charles, and they need him for the entire game. The Chiefs can't have another game where Charles has 15 first half rushes and four second half rushes. It needs to be a full commitment to the run game. Running the ball well will lead to...

2. Manageable third downs.

Alex Smith talks about getting themselves set up in third and short instead of third and medium or long. Third and short means the Chiefs can run the ball which, as we noted above, is important. It also opens the possibility for a short pass that on third and short could be a broken tackle away from a big play. (Actually, don't pass it on third and one, Andy. The Chiefs convert 75 percent of third and ones when rushing the ball and 50 percent when passing the ball.)

The most important stat here is that the Chiefs are sixth in the NFL at third down percentage (45). This is a great thing, and converting those third downs leads to ...

3. Control the time of possession.

The best defense against Peyton Manning is not even giving him a shot. Keep him off the field. The Chiefs are 11th in the NFL in time of possession, holding the ball for an average of just over 30 minutes per game. Possess the ball as much as possible and keep it out of Manning's hands. This comes from rushing the ball well and converting third downs.

4. Be aggressive on fourth down.

Andy Reid talks about having faith in his defense and special teams when declining to go for it on fourth and short. In this game he should consider having some faith in his offense. The Chiefs will be faced with a fourth and short situation in this game, and the Chiefs should consider being more aggressive than usual in deciding whether to go for it. I can already see the "You can't punt it there going against Peyton Manning" comments that are to come.

5. Don't get screwed on the deep ball.

The best improvement the Chiefs defense has made this year is not the development of Justin Houston or Dontari Poe. It's the pass defense, which is statistically one of the best in the NFL. The reason for this is that the Chiefs stopped giving up big plays, which was their major downfall last year. Make Manning go on 10 and 11-play drives to score. If he does that consistently then the Broncos deserve to win. Don't give this game away with a couple of blown coverages because we all know that Manning will take advantage of them.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Knock Manning out of the game.

The Franchise
11-24-2014, 01:34 PM

If they do that.....I'll go crazy.

loochy
11-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Score more points

Jimmya
11-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Throw it to Kelce!!!!!

ptlyon
11-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Play to win the game

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Play to win the game

In all seriousness, this.

I don't want to see any bullshit settling for a field goal inside the 5 yard line or punting on 4th and 1 from their 43 yard line.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2014, 01:44 PM
In all seriousness, this.

I don't want to see any bullshit settling for a field goal inside the 5 yard line or punting on 4th and 1 from their 43 yard line.

Never walk away from 3... take it all day, every day. Unless you have McAnus as your kicker - then just go for it on 4th.

ThaVirus
11-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Never walk away from 3... take it all day, every day. Unless you have McAnus as your kicker - then just go for it on 4th.

It'll depend on the situation, but I feel comfortable saying I'm generally going to go all out for TDs when inside the 5 yard line against Peyton Manning.

Marcellus
11-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Play good football.

KCUnited
11-24-2014, 02:00 PM
STAY HOME!

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 02:02 PM
6. Frank Driben the refs

Iconic
11-24-2014, 02:08 PM
MOAR QB SNEAKS ON 3RD AND SHORT

So tired of seeing failed roll outs...

Jimmya
11-24-2014, 02:21 PM
I agree....nothing makes me more sick than seeing our offense get STUFFED on 3rd & short!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Passin' By
11-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Get physical with the receivers right from the snap
Be watchful of bunch formations, and of pick plays within 5 yards of the line
Sacrifice running yards for extra pass defense capability
Get the ball to Charles in space
If you're going to blitz, blitz from Manning's blind side, not up the middle

donkhater
11-24-2014, 02:31 PM
6. When you are inside the 10 and bootleg out with the design to have the WR open in the front corner of the endzone, have the QB throw the stinking ball.

The Franchise
11-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Tell Parker to stop going for an INT on every play.

Coochie liquor
11-24-2014, 02:45 PM

Omg we would never hear the end of it about beating them without Manning. I wanna put him on his ass (doubtful) and beat them with him. And if we knock him out you can guarantee the nfl will make sure we lose the rest of our games and miss the playoffs.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 02:50 PM
He came back risking long term health and won't win a Bowl anyway. May as well end his career now.

The Franchise
11-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Charles has got this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rest in peace lil man Sundays game is dedicated to you. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DresDream?src=hash">#DresDream</a> <a href="http://t.co/DexMUlrJ28">http://t.co/DexMUlrJ28</a></p>&mdash; Jamaal Charles (@jcharles25) <a href="https://twitter.com/jcharles25/status/536976970764935168">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notorious
11-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Get middle pressure from the D-Line like everyone that beat Manning.

Mr. Laz
11-24-2014, 02:52 PM
I want to see Houston and Hali at either end coming around the corner a lot.

Hali,Poe,Vickerson,Houston (rotate Howard and Bailey)

2 pass rusher, 2 run stuffers

Coochie liquor
11-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Charles has got this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rest in peace lil man Sundays game is dedicated to you. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DresDream?src=hash">#DresDream</a> <a href="http://t.co/DexMUlrJ28">http://t.co/DexMUlrJ28</a></p>&mdash; Jamaal Charles (@jcharles25) <a href="https://twitter.com/jcharles25/status/536976970764935168">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Would be a great day for a career game!!

Mr. Laz
11-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Omg we would never hear the end of it about beating them without Manning. I wanna put him on his ass (doubtful) and beat them with him. And if we knock him out you can guarantee the nfl will make sure we lose the rest of our games and miss the playoffs.

who cares?

If we are the ones who knock him out then it doesn't matter.

I want to see Houston and Hali perform the ol' Malachi Crunch on 5head. They hit him so hard we can hear the bones snap from the field mic. I hope Espn has to give out a warning about how the clip might be too graphic to watch before each replay.

fuck that bitch

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Laz with the post of the day.....niiiiiice

Easy 6
11-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Gotta go Mark Coleman on these guys but when we DO pass, a couple 30+ downfield attempts off of play action is in order... I get that Smith prefers the safer throw, but its getting to be ridiculous this year.

Time to sack up and hit a few big gainers.

On defense its simple, dont allow the big shots downfield, in spite of mannings noodle arm they love to try for the homeruns and often get them.