PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Surely Sutton Is Prepared

Jimmya
11-26-2014, 07:58 AM
Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders was targeted a team-high 13 times and hauled in nine receptions for 125 yards during Week 12 win over the Dolphins.
Sanders was listed as probable going into the game after suffering a concussion Week 11 against St. Louis. Sanders appeared fully healthy notching his seventh game of the season with more than 100 receiving yards. Sanders could’ve had an even bigger day, but was overthrown on various attempts.

Direckshun
11-26-2014, 08:08 AM
I'm guessing he'll have Gaines in his hip pocket all day with a safety over the top.

Direckshun
11-26-2014, 08:11 AM
I still think this game is going to be a loss, but it's going to be on the back of the Broncos run game.

I think you'll see something modest like 4 catches for 45 yards from Sanders.

FML
11-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Rob Parker and rest of that sorry secondary will be abused. They couldn't stop James Jones.

displacedinMN
11-26-2014, 08:22 AM
I hope he is prepared, But please don't call him Shirley.

TribalElder
11-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Sutton should prepare his anus

jspchief
11-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Manning hasn't been as sharp since that NE game. Sutton better pick up on what opposing defenses have been doing.

Direckshun
11-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Rob Parker and rest of that sorry secondary will be abused. They couldn't stop James Jones.

Jones had 5 receptions for 47 yards.

Yeah. He was truly a force of unstoppable nature.

Coochie liquor
11-26-2014, 08:50 AM

Did we pick him up this week?

Randallflagg
11-26-2014, 09:24 AM

Ron Parker's 15 year old brother....... :)

Red Dawg
11-26-2014, 09:41 AM
I'm guessing he'll have Gaines in his hip pocket all day with a safety over the top.

It will be the usual. Gaines is on his own with the Thomas on the field.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Emmanuel is truly their best receiver

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Emmanuel is truly their best receiver

That may be, but Demaryius still leads the league in yards, and Julius still leads the league in TDs.

BigMeatballDave
11-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Manning didn't exactly shred this D in Denver this season, so I'm expecting similar play from it Sunday.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:10 AM
That may be, but Demaryius still leads the league in yards, and Julius still leads the league in TDs.
Ok?

And Emmanuel makes every fucking catch and is far and away the most impressive receiver on that field for Denver. Dude is awesome. Demaryius is just fine but I'm not nearly as impressed with him as I am Emmanuel. So underrated.

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Stop that shit. Demaryius is better. That's just the way it is.

BigMeatballDave
11-26-2014, 10:26 AM

Better after the catch, probably.

Mary fumbles and drops more.

Imon Yourside
11-26-2014, 10:28 AM

I think he meant BOB Barker, and teh showcase showdown returns.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 10:36 AM

Demaryius has 4 more drops over the entire season, and hasn't fumbled at all. If you're single covering Demaryius to focus on Emmanuel, you will likely regret it.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Why do you say that?

I've watched basically every Denver game. I'm more impressed with Emmanuel than anyone on that roster.

DT is just a bigger name.

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 10:39 AM

NFL.com has Demaryius with 0 fumbles and Sanders has 1. I agree that Demaryius' hands aren't as good..

But he's bigger, stronger, faster, has more catches, more yards, and more TDs. He's more explosive, as evidenced by his greater YPC average and number of 20+ and 40+ yard receptions.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Demaryius has 4 more drops over the entire season, and hasn't fumbled at all. If you're single covering Demaryius to focus on Emmanuel, you will likely regret it.
Emmanuel simply makes catches that DT doesn't, or many other receivers. DT is bigger, Emmanuel more talented. Both very legit. I hate when morons assume I'm bashing one guy because i think a different guy is better

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 10:40 AM
Why do you say that?

I've watched basically every Denver game. I'm more impressed with Emmanuel than anyone on that roster.

DT is just a bigger name.

We've already had this argument.

You just counter with "I've watched the Broncos a lot because I drafted Emmanuel high. I'm impressed with him"

Which means next to nothing.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:41 AM
NFL.com has Demaryius with 0 fumbles and Sanders has 1. I agree that Demaryius' hands aren't as good..

But he's bigger, stronger, faster, has more catches, more yards, and more TDs. He's more explosive, as evidenced by his greater YPC average and number of 20+ and 40+ receptions.
I think emmanuel leads the league in 20+ yard receptions.

He also gets targeted more than Emmanuel.

If you really look at advanced statistics, Emmanuel is having a better and more efficient year than DT

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
I think emmanuel leads the league in 20+ yard receptions.

He also gets targeted more than Emmanuel.

If you really look at advanced statistics, Emmanuel is having a better and more efficient year than DT

According to NFL.com, Julio leads the league in that category with 20. Demaryius is second with 18. Emmanuel has 17.

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
.. And if a receiver gets targeted more than another guy on the same team, that likely means something.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Against Miami, Demaryius came up 13 yards short of having his eighth 100+ yard game in a row. That's really okay though, since he caught 3 TDs.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:46 AM
76 /105 1079 and 7
82 / 124 1192 and 9

Emmanuel is more efficient and he's putting up the same numbers with less drops.

I realize it's hard for CP to think outside the box. And I doubt many people have watched every Denver game as I have due to my gambling obsession and Peyton / Tom always being my tease bets and Emmanuel always being in my Fanduel...

but from what I've watched this year the best player on Denver is Emmanuel Sanders.

Sickening we didn't pay him to be a Chief and sickening Denver got him for so cheap because of "foot" issues.

Coochie liquor
11-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Ok?

And Emmanuel makes every fucking catch and is far and away the most impressive receiver on that field for Denver. Dude is awesome. Demaryius is just fine but I'm not nearly as impressed with him as I am Emmanuel. So underrated.

Makes me madder that he fucked us for Dungver. Destroy him!!

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:47 AM
in fact, Emmanuel Sanders hasn't had 1 drop all year long.

Think about that.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 10:49 AM
in fact, Emmanuel Sanders hasn't had 1 drop all year long.

Think about that.

PFF has him with 2 drops.

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 10:54 AM
76 /105 1079 and 7
82 / 124 1192 and 9

Emmanuel is more efficient and he's putting up the same numbers with less drops.

I realize it's hard for CP to think outside the box. And I doubt many people have watched every Denver game as I have due to my gambling obsession and Peyton / Tom always being my tease bets and Emmanuel always being in my Fanduel...

but from what I've watched this year the best player on Denver is Emmanuel Sanders.

Sickening we didn't pay him to be a Chief and sickening Denver got him for so cheap because of "foot" issues.

You really can be retarded sometimes. We disagree so now we're incapable of thinking outside of the box?

You say Emmanuel is more efficient because he's caught more of the balls intended for him but there is no context provided in those numbers. Demaryius is the greater deep threat while Sanders is the route technician. It's very possible that Demaryius's missed opportunities have come on overthrows on deep passes. Those seem to be the only ones Peyton doesn't hit these days.

And is catch to target ratio the only measure of efficiency? Seems kind of dumb to penalize a receiver for something that isn't 100% in his control.

Demaryius has been more efficient in his yardage to catch ratio. So there's that. If I'm doing the math right, a higher percentage of his catches are TDs as well.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:54 AM
PFF has him with 2 drops.

hmm

well ok, I guess

PFF is stupid, though. So I would like to see what they construe a drop to be

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 10:55 AM
hmm

well ok, I guess

PFF is stupid, though. So I would like to see what they construe a drop to be

Anything that is "catchable" that isn't caught is a drop.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:57 AM
saying Demaryius is a deep threat is just flat out silly

Emmanuel has been targeted deep like 10 times in the last 2 games to DeMaryius' 0

I kid you not.

They run a silly screen pass to Demaryius about 5-10 times a game. He gets a lot of his catches about 12 yards down field on crossing patterns as well.

He does not run many deep routes, at all. At least not this year.

Arguing with someone who clearly doesn't watch the games is pointless.

You just called Demaryius the deep threat when Emmanuel has literally gotten all of the deep balls for like 3 straight games including the Oakland game.

Shit. Manning missed him on three wide open touchdowns on deep routes against Miami. Like, one was embarrassingly bad on Manning's part.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 10:58 AM
https://i.imgur.com/SZBuXcB.mp4

Hootie
11-26-2014, 10:58 AM
but I will note that Demaryius is this mystical, magical better deep threat even though Emmanuel is the deep route receiver on the team

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 11:04 AM
If we define "deep" as 20+ yards, they both have caught every catchable deep pass thrown to them. DT has 248 yards and 2 TDs on 5 catches, and Sanders has 411 yards and 3 TDs on 12 catches.

They're both pretty fucking good.

WhiteWhale
11-26-2014, 11:07 AM
but I will note that Demaryius is this mystical, magical better deep threat even though Emmanuel is the deep route receiver on the team

Is that why He has 1 fewer catch over 20 yards than Thomas?

Hootie
11-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Is that why He has 1 fewer catch over 20 yards than Thomas?

do you think that stat means that DT has 18 catches of 20+ yards with 0 YAC?

Man

hard to argue with people who don't watch games and just look at stat sheets

Hootie
11-26-2014, 11:12 AM
If we define "deep" as 20+ yards, they both have caught every catchable deep pass thrown to them. DT has 248 yards and 2 TDs on 5 catches, and Sanders has 411 yards and 3 TDs on 12 catches.

They're both pretty fucking good.

so

essentially

Emmanuel is the deep route receiver on the team

got it

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 11:15 AM
so

essentially

Emmanuel is the deep route receiver on the team

got it

Ok? I didn't say he wasn't. Thomas does appear to do more with his deep opportunities, with a higher percentage of TDs and more yards per catch.

Hootie
11-26-2014, 11:17 AM
he does appear?

care to break that one down for me

does that have anything to do with the fact that he probably has like 10 deep targets all year to Emmanuel's 25+ ?

most QB's are lucky to complete more than 20% of passes that travel 20 yards down the field or more

you do realize that, right?

Hootie
11-26-2014, 11:20 AM
when Emmanuel fucked the Chiefs I didn't think it was a big deal

thought he was JAG

I was wrong

dude is a flat out beast

he's a top 5 WR in the NFL

and Denver flat out STOLE him

I realize we have a jilted fan base but I like to look at things without bias.

I'd take Emmanuel over DT no doubt about it.

and in all honesty, if I was Denver, I'd tag and trade DT, save the money, and just give his spot to Lattimer. Think DT has inflated value due to the Peyton Manning effect. I just don't really think he's all that great and I don't think he's mentally all that great.

Emmanuel is just the better football player, through and through.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 11:28 AM
he does appear?

care to break that one down for me

does that have anything to do with the fact that he probably has like 10 deep targets all year to Emmanuel's 25+ ?

most QB's are lucky to complete more than 20% of passes that travel 20 yards down the field or more

you do realize that, right?

Uh, I feel like I did "break that one down", in that very sentence in fact.

I do realize that completion percentages are always low for deep passes, that's why I framed it in terms of catchable balls and not targets. Did you not really read the post?

Easy 6
11-26-2014, 11:30 AM
There is one particular play from the Seahawks game that gives me hope against Denver in particular... it was when Smith and Gaines passed off receivers to each other that were trying to run that pick down around the goal line, the one where was Baldwin was crying for a PI.

That's how you beat that bullshit, rule skirting play.

jallmon
11-26-2014, 11:30 AM
NFL Fantasy has them ranked #5 (DT) and #8 (ES). Our best WR is Bowe at #58. (We don't need to bother talking about drops.) Everyone knows we need WRs, but these numbers are pretty stark indicators.

We played the Donks close the first time, in Denver. Given the recent news about Eric Berry, I would expect the KC defense and the fans to come out Sunday night with a vengeance.

Rausch
11-26-2014, 11:33 AM
NFL Fantasy has them ranked #5 (DT) and #8 (ES). Our best WR is Bowe at #58. (We don't need to bother talking about drops.) Everyone knows we need WRs, but these numbers are pretty stark indicators.

We played the Donks close the first time, in Denver. Given the recent news about Eric Berry, I would expect the KC defense and the fans to come out Sunday night with a vengeance.

It's an absolute must for us not to get behind this game.

A TD is one thing but we can't afford to go 10 or 14 down vs. Denver or another slow start game...

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 11:37 AM
saying Demaryius is a deep threat is just flat out silly

Emmanuel has been targeted deep like 10 times in the last 2 games to DeMaryius' 0

I kid you not.

They run a silly screen pass to Demaryius about 5-10 times a game. He gets a lot of his catches about 12 yards down field on crossing patterns as well.

He does not run many deep routes, at all. At least not this year.

Arguing with someone who clearly doesn't watch the games is pointless.

You just called Demaryius the deep threat when Emmanuel has literally gotten all of the deep balls for like 3 straight games including the Oakland game.

Shit. Manning missed him on three wide open touchdowns on deep routes against Miami. Like, one was embarrassingly bad on Manning's part.

That's actually pretty shocking to see MagicHef's stats on deep passes. It would appear that the Broncos are hitting Sanders on more deep routes than Demaryius, although I'd like to see the targets along with catches, yards and TDs.

Still, you say Sanders is more efficient and that's been proven to be flat out wrong. Aside from catching more passes thrown his way, which could have just as much to do with errant passes as drops and bad routes, Demaryius is more efficient in every way we've diagnosed so far. That includes deep routes that Emmanuel is apparently so amazing at..

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 11:45 AM
That's actually pretty shocking to see MagicHef's stats on deep passes. It would appear that the Broncos are hitting Sanders on more deep routes than Demaryius, although I'd like to see the targets along with catches, yards and TDs.

Still, you say Sanders is more efficient and that's been proven to be flat out wrong. Aside from catching more passes thrown his way, which could have just as much to do with errant passes as drops and bad routes, Demaryius is more efficient in every way we've diagnosed so far. That includes deep routes that Emmanuel is apparently so amazing at..

Sanders has been targeted deep 25 times, and Thomas 13 times. Neither one has any deep drops though, so they've both made every catch they've had a chance at.

jspchief
11-26-2014, 11:56 AM
... and I'm reminded of why I hate hootie

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 12:19 PM
i hope Houston stays up at DE a lot.

The best thing we can do against Manning is have a consistent pass rush without blitzing

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 12:20 PM

The best thing we can do against Manning is have a consistent pass rush without blitzing

BigMeatballDave
11-26-2014, 12:25 PM
One more time, Laz :)

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 12:29 PM
One more time, Laz :)

:D

Sorter
11-26-2014, 12:36 PM

Agreed. I'd also like to see a little bit of Houston on 3rd-7+ inside with Ford on the field as well just to see how that goes.

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 12:44 PM

Would be nice, I suppose.

I can't remember the exact statistics, but we were talking about them while comparing Houston to Von Miller in the Bronco thread. According to MagicHef, Houston only rushed the passer on something like 13% of downs or something ridiculous like that.

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 12:52 PM

I can't remember the exact statistics, but we were talking about them while comparing Houston to Von Miller in the Bronco thread. According to MagicHef, Houston only rushed the passer on something like 13% of downs or something ridiculous like that.

seems like Houston has rush the passer more this year than in the past

Houston at DE is definitely more

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 01:04 PM

Prepare your anus.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 02:26 PM

Houston has rushed on 73% of the passing plays he's been in on.

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Houston has rushed on 73% of the passing plays he's been in on.

I meant in our first match up in Denver this year.

MagicHef
11-26-2014, 02:28 PM
I meant in our first match up in Denver this year.

Ah, I see. 34%.

OctoberFart
11-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Didn't Sanders some how screw over the Queefs in the FA period?

Discuss Thrower
11-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Didn't Sanders some how screw over the Chiefs in the FA period?

Allegedly had a verbal agreement to sign and was in KC but bailed as soon as Elway called.

Reerun_KC
11-26-2014, 03:45 PM
LOL at the Thread title..... Classic

Hootie
11-26-2014, 03:49 PM

How is it proven he's more efficient in every way? He's literally not. At all. They're both very similar in terms of production but watching the games Emmanuel always stands out to me. Always.

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 04:00 PM
How is it proven he's more efficient in every way? He's literally not. At all. They're both very similar in terms of production but watching the games Emmanuel always stands out to me. Always.

Demaryius is more efficient in basically any other aspect I can think of off the top of my head. He averages more YPC despite not being the deep threat on the team and has a higher TD to catch ratio.

Basically, if you throw the ball to Demaryius it's more likely to go for a longer distance and result in a TD.

But I'm done with this conversation. They're both really fucking good and I can't debate with your eye test.

BlackOp
11-26-2014, 04:14 PM
The way to beat Manning is disguising your coverages...and not bite on his audibles. No pre-snap reads... Belichick has been ****ing with him for years...

Manning studies patterns...you have to change up.

'

Pepe Silvia
11-26-2014, 05:08 PM
The way to beat Manning is disguising your coverages...and not bite on his audibles. No pre-snap reads... Belichick has been ****ing with him for years...

Manning studies patterns...you have to change up.

'

As much as I hate that smug bastard I fucking love how he gets over on fivehead, its beautiful.

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 05:56 PM
you also try and use Manning's adjustments against him

show formations to get him to check into what you want

ie show him a pass defense and get him to check into a run

running the ball is less dangerous that having Manning pass and it also interrupts the rhythm of their passing attack.

Crennel did it all the time ... probably the best thing he did.

kccrow
11-26-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm not going to argue one way or the other Hootie, but here's some things to consider...

Who, generally, receives the team's number 1 CB in coverage?

How are teams defending Denver's pass attack overall, such as rolling coverage towards Thomas?

Just because Sanders is playing well, or possibly "better" than Thomas, doesn't mean he's the better receiver. If you have stats on these types of things, I'd be curious to know how things stack up.

Based on the few games I've seen Denver play, I lean towards Sanders being the beneficiary of Thomas much in the same way Decker was.

Dunerdr
11-26-2014, 09:46 PM
You fucking dillrods are still arguing sanders vs DT?

TimeForWasp
11-26-2014, 09:47 PM
I still think this game is going to be a loss, but it's going to be on the back of the Broncos run game.

I think you'll see something modest like 4 catches for 45 yards from Sanders.

This game will NOT be a loss.

jspchief
11-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Sanders is black Eric Decker

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Black and Decker Sanders?