View Full Version : Chiefs CP weighs in- thoughts on a trade for RG3

Pages : [1] 2

Dante84
11-26-2014, 02:12 PM
BUMP EDIT - This thread is from last year

Original Post:
Facts:
- He has not played well
- He has not been surrounded by talent - me being dumb.
- He has not had consistent, great coaching or organizational structure
- He has a huge arm
- He is more mobile than most nfl qb's even after his knee injuries

Guys on espn just said he may get dealt for a 4th or 5th. If that's the price, I would love to use one of our bazillion picks on the former heisman winner.

He sits behind Alex for two years, learns Reid's offense and understands the value of making smart football decisions. He would cost very little thanks to the rookie wage scale and his now de-valued second contract. If it doesn't pan out, oh well.

I love the idea.

Updated/New Post:
Okay, so rumor is they are trying to trade him now.

Obviously our #3 played very well. If Chase gets traded to a QB needy team for 2nd or 3rd, what are your thoughts on bringing RG3 in as our backup for a late round pick (6th, 7th)?

Is he salvageable, or did the Redskins ruin him?

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2014, 02:14 PM
I normally would like the idea on a development basis. However, with his injury record, I think he's one injury away from being out of the NFL. Regardless of if he improves.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 02:14 PM
What the hell are you smoking? Pierre Garcon? Desean Jackson? Andre Roberts? That's not talent? His receiving group is as good as any in the league.

RG3 sucks because he sucks, period.

Coaching? You mean the guy who developed Horse face? Colt McCoy seemed to play well under Jay Gruden. Andy Dalton was a fantasy star with Jay Gruden.

Direckshun
11-26-2014, 02:18 PM
I think Reid could turn him into a solid #2.

But RG3 would leave the moment his contract is up. He will abjectly refuse to be a #2.

I say pass.

bigjosh
11-26-2014, 02:19 PM
I think if this kid could get in line mentally, he could be an absolute animal in this offensive scheme.

That being said, he seems like an asshole and locker room cancer. Do not want.

DC.chief
No thanks, dude is done. Vince Young all over again. He can't see the field. He has terrible footwork. He has no idea how to work a pocket. Despite all the injuries he still has no idea how to avoid contact. Homie don't even know how to slide. Not even close to worth all the drama that comes with him.

Besides, Alex smith.

Mr. Laz
If the trade is cheap.

trade a 4th for RGIII, cut Daniel(save 1.4 mill cap)

Smith
RGIII
Murray
Bray

I think Reid prefers smarts though, so i doubt it.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 02:23 PM
RG3 is super smart. I think his pride gets in the way, and that he's always relied on his speed and talent to get by.

Extended time under Alex and Reid may be just what he needs.

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 02:26 PM
RG3 is super smart. I think his pride gets in the way, and that he's always relied on his speed and talent to get by.

smart and football smart are two completely different things

RGIII struggles to read defenses and go through his progressions

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 02:27 PM
He seems nice.

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 02:27 PM
I SAY DO IT!

Bufkin
11-26-2014, 02:28 PM
I would absolutely give up a 2nd rounder for RGIII.

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 02:29 PM
I would absolutely give up a 2nd rounder for RGIII.

This -

he seems nice, you seem nice.

-King-
No.

OldSchool

I can't take your opinion seriously. I mean, you think that this is bad talent:

Pierre Garcon- 1k yard receiver who can physically dominate 1 on 1

Desean Jackson - One of the best weapons in the league and a 1k yard receiver

Andre Roberts - great slot receiver who put up big numbers with Zona when they had 3 different starting QBs in 1 season

Santana Moss - Great #4 at this point in his career

Jordan Reed - good receiving TE

Alfred Morris - arguably top 5 RB in the league the past 2 years

That's not talent?

Rain Man
11-26-2014, 02:30 PM
A 4th or 5th round pick? Seriously? I would do that deal so fast that my phone would catch on fire. I'd fly him to Kansas City in a missile. The reward to risk ratio on that trade would have to be written in exponential notation.

Note: I'm not saying that he's better than Alex or should start. I'm just saying that he's a bargain at that price and should be allowed to compete for the job.

Sorter
11-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Having Ault makes this a bit intriguing.

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 02:31 PM
I can't take your opinion seriously. I mean, you think that this is bad talent:

Pierre Garcon- 1k yard receiver who can physically dominate 1 on 1

Desean Jackson - One of the best weapons in the league and a 1k yard receiver

Andre Roberts - great slot receiver who put up big numbers with Zona when they had 3 different starting QBs in 1 season

Santana Moss - Great #4 at this point in his career

Jordan Reed - good receiving TE

Alfred Morris - arguably top 5 RB in the league the past 2 years

That's not talent?

Ladell betts went to Blue Springs.

DC.chief
11-26-2014, 02:32 PM

He is a gimmick system QB that relied on his speed and his speed is gone. He'll never be as fast as he once was and everyone knows that now. They don't have to spy him and respect the run. So they play pass protect or blitz and he has no idea what to do.

Did you watch the game vs the Bucs? He was absolutely terrible. 109 yards passing against the Bucs. He has regressed and has apparently forgot basic techniques.

Lonewolf Ed
11-26-2014, 02:32 PM
It seems to me that his upside is not the issue, but his downside. I don't think it is worth the risk, honestly. He's pretty fragile and that doesn't cut it in the NFL.

Bufkin
11-26-2014, 02:33 PM
This -

he seems nice, you seem nice.
He is nice. He thanks God and posts bible verses on Twitter. He seems humble. You seem humble.

MTG#10
11-26-2014, 02:34 PM
I'd rather read a Deberg thread than trade a 4th for RGIII

Hoover
11-26-2014, 02:34 PM
This is a move that I have wanted this franchise to do for years, acquire a reclamation project at QB which provides you with a good backup and who knows, could either be your franchise QB or a trade chip.

My only hesitation is this kind of move might not be good for the Chiefs. The last thing I want around here is some name brand backup that fans will root for or worse, call to replace Smith after a bad game. For the past two seasons we have seen how well the Alex Smith brand of offense works. Don't mess with it. I also think this would ruin a guy like Aaron Murray who I think can be our #2 next year and be our QB of the future.

Don't mess with something that's not broken, but I appreciate the idea. I'd also echo that RG3 has had a ton of talent around him. Stud RB to carry the load, check. Talented WRs, check. Solid OL, Check. Shit he had the Rat for a HC and couldn't make it work.

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 02:35 PM
It seems to me that his upside is not the issue, but his downside. I don't think it is worth the risk, honestly. He's pretty fragile and that doesn't cut it in the NFL.

Let him sit for a year
feature him in the preseason against 3rd stringers so he looks great
trade him for a 1st :D

Molitoth
11-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Would do this deal so fast.

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 02:47 PM
He is nice. He thanks God and posts bible verses on Twitter. He seems humble. You seem humble.

That's very kind of you.

He seems nice.

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Would do this deal so fast.

Nice!

Iconic
Yes... Reid turned Vick into a possible MVP candidate. Imagine what he could do with RGIII.

RealSNR
I'm sorry. Are people really saying bringing RG3 aboard for the price of a 4th or 5th isn't worth it?

These are the types of deals the patriots capitalize on all the time and then people sit around with their thumbs up their butts saying, "boy I wish we would have made that trade!"

Roll the fucking dice! Christ, people got excited about Cassel for a 2nd but say no thanks to RG3 for a 4th?

Pitt Gorilla
11-26-2014, 02:50 PM
4th or 5th? Uh, yeah.

ModSocks
11-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Is Kirk Cousins not a thing anymore?

Dante84
11-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Is Kirk Cousins not a thing anymore?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_boRREL01Spg/TTEucULlqkI/AAAAAAAAGVQ/dlgC6Mrs1U4/s640/kirkcameron.jpg

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 02:58 PM
I was really high on RGIII in 2012. Three years later, I wouldn't spend a 7th rounder on him.

He has poor pocket presence, takes way too many sacks because he can't read defenses, doesn't study hard enough to know where his receiver are on the field, is a terrible teammate, throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus and he's a prima donna media whore.

The only guy to start, finish and win a game for Washington is 28 year old journeyman Colt McCoy. That speaks volumes about Griffin.

No way.

Why Not?
11-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Straight up for Chase Daniel or pass

MTG#10
11-26-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry. Are people really saying bringing RG3 aboard for the price of a 4th or 5th isn't worth it?

These are the types of deals the patriots capitalize on all the time and then people sit around with their thumbs up their butts saying, "boy I wish we would have made that trade!"

Roll the ****ing dice! Christ, people got excited about Cassel for a 2nd but say no thanks to RG3 for a 4th?

He sucks. He will never be a pocket passer or anything more than a mediocre backup. Bust.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Yes... Reid turned Vick into a possible MVP candidate. Imagine what he could do with RGIII.

Vick was actually capable of winning games and wasn't a complete pussy like RG3.

RunKC
11-26-2014, 03:04 PM

He doesn't seem very smart when he refuses to slide.

I don't want that egomaniac on my team. He's a cancer. Throwing your teammates under the bus for your own faults is stupid.

And WTF is this no talent argument? Garçon, Jackson, Alfred Morris, Trent Williams. That's not decent talent?

warrior
11-26-2014, 03:05 PM
Pass we already have a better QB

Dante84
11-26-2014, 03:08 PM
I was off-base on the talent "fact."

Bunch of decent to good guys, but no Elite players was where I was getting at, save Desean.

He has had good guys around him.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Wait, this is the quote that everyone is pissed about? That he "threw his teammates under the bus?"

"If you want to look at the good teams in this league and the great quarterbacks, the Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Mannings, those guys don't play well if their guys don't play well. I need every guy in that locker room and I know they are looking at me saying the same thing."

I thought it would be way worse than that. Based on his coach's reaction, and Desean's, maybe it was worse behind closed doors. But if that's all he said, I don't get the media hype around it.

FlaChief58
11-26-2014, 03:15 PM
Million Dollar arm, durability of a bubble. That said, a 5th for a really solid backup who can win you a few games if & when Smith goes down would, could be a good thing

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 03:16 PM
I was off-base on the talent "fact."

Bunch of decent to good guys, but no Elite players was where I was getting at, save Desean.

He has had good guys around him.

Dude, seriously, RG3 has better weapons to work with than the vast majority of QBs in the league.

The only guys who arguably have it better are playing in Cinci (when Green is healthy), Detroit, Arizona, Tampa, SF, and Denver.

BigRedChief
11-26-2014, 03:16 PM
I think Reid could turn him into a solid #2.

But RG3 would leave the moment his contract is up. He will abjectly refuse to be a #2.

I say pass.For all his natural talent, what has RGIII shown that he would unseat Smith without causing a huge locker room problem? RGIII trade would be beyond stupid. Football is a team game. Locker room chemistry is just as important as talent. Without both, you can't win a championship.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Million Dollar arm, durability of a bubble. That said, a 5th for a really solid backup who can win you a few games if & when Smith goes down would, could be a good thing

He couldn't beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, throwing for only 109 yards. What makes you think that he can win you any games at all?

I don't like Chase Daniel or Aaron Murray but I would rather roll with either of them as a backup than having to rely on RG3 and my fall-back option.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 03:19 PM
What has RGIII shown that he would unseat Smith without causing a huge locker room problem? RGIII trade would be beyond stupid.

I didn't suggest he would unseat Smith in the immediate/near future.

It would be at least two years before he was mentally and physically in the right place for a decision like that, in my opinion.

wazu
11-26-2014, 03:21 PM
In a heartbeat.

FlaChief58
11-26-2014, 03:24 PM
He couldn't beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, throwing for only 109 yards. What makes you think that he can win you any games at all?

I don't like Chase Daniel or Aaron Murray but I would rather roll with either of them as a backup than having to rely on RG3 and my fall-back option.

I think coaching has a lot to do with it. Reid has a way with qb's and can teach him how to be a NFL qb . There is no denying that the guy has talent, but it just needs to be coaxed out of him. If he comes cheap enough, I think it's worth the risk

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 03:24 PM
It would be at least two years before he was mentally and physically in the right place for a decision like that, in my opinion.

So basically, mortgage the present in hopes of a better future? I like the idea even less.

A 4th this year is DAT, a guy that's beginning to make an impact after being injured to start the season. A 5th this year is Murray, a promising QB that fits this system.

After losing out on two second round picks in each of the past two years, the Chiefs really need picks for starters and developmental players who will play special teams.

Giving up a 4th or 5th for a guy that *might* play in two years, after proving that he can't play in the league for nearly three years, is an unwise decision and waste of resources, IMO.

chiefs1111
11-26-2014, 03:28 PM
No thank you

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Consider the facts.

RG3 has been bad enough for a new coach to be able to convince an owner and GM, who were pretty much married to RG3 as their QBOTF, to allow him to bench RG3.

That isn't on the team, that isn't on the coaching staff, that's just RG3 sucking so bad that he made it possible. He sucked so bad that the new coach was able to convince Dan Snyder that Colt McCoy was a better option.

What makes you think that RG3 has the ability to sit on the bench and maximize his potential? He just isn't wired correctly and doesn't have enough of a will to become great. Like someone said before, it's Vince Young all over again.

Titty Meat
11-26-2014, 03:32 PM
You nasty twinz

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 03:32 PM
RG3 has been bad enough for a new coach to be able to convince an owner and GM, who were pretty much married to RG3 as their QBOTF, to allow him to bench RG3.

Playing worse than Colt McCoy doesn't bode well for his NFL career.

He'd be great on ESPN.

BigRedChief
11-26-2014, 03:34 PM
I didn't suggest he would unseat Smith in the immediate/near future.

It would be at least two years before he was mentally and physically in the right place for a decision like that, in my opinion.You really think that RGIII could come to KC and sit on the bench for 2 years and everyone is happy? The media frenzy and ESPN trucks parked outside would not be a distraction?

TripleThreat
11-26-2014, 03:35 PM
I'd be down for this but I don't think our team will be and here's why.

Say we bring RG3 in on incredible value for what he was picked up in, in the first place. What message are we sending to the team if we are bringing in another veteran qb? It's not like we would be drafting a qb and grooming him as our own, we would be making the same mistake most ppl in this thread say we do every 5 years which is take someone else's trash off there hands. I don't mind bringing in RG3 but alot of ppl here agreeing to the same thing are going against what they have preached time and time again, but go figure it's the Alex haters that are saying to bring him in, which means the hate for Alex goes deeper than not drafting our own qb in round 1 or 2.

So second point. If we bring in rg3 that could cause a rift between Alex and the coaches so I just don't see us making the move. If anything you usually want to bring in a rookie to learn, not someone who is trying to start and could cause more of a disturbance than help if he doesn't start (rg3)

wazu
11-26-2014, 03:36 PM
You really think that RGIII could come to KC and sit on the bench for 2 years and everyone is happy? The media frenzy and ESPN trucks parked outside would not be a distraction?

I think he'd come to KC, be our #2, then explode a la Vick the minute he came off the bench. Maybe I'm wrong, but for a 4th/5th round pick I'd be willing to find out.

58-4ever
11-26-2014, 03:36 PM
2 years ago I would not be able to sort through all the jizz in this thread... today I'm like, meh.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 03:37 PM
I think coaching has a lot to do with it. Reid has a way with qb's and can teach him how to be a NFL qb . There is no denying that the guy has talent, but it just needs to be coaxed out of him. If he comes cheap enough, I think it's worth the risk

Coaching? Please, don't go and blame his failures on coaching, lack of talent around him, etc.

RG3 has had great QB-oriented coaches, he has had great systems, and he has had great talent to work with.

You're going to blame Kyle Shanahan? The same guy who has Brian Hoyer looking like a starting caliber QB with the much less talented Cleveland Browns.

Mike Shanahan? The guy who helped develop two HOF QBs in Steve Young and Horse Face?

Or Jay Gruden this year? The guy who had Andy freaken Dalton putting up top Fantasy Football stats?

Coaching is not the problem with RG3, neither was the talent around him. He just isn't cut out to be a starting NFL QB.

FlaChief58
11-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Consider the facts.

That isn't on the team, that isn't on the coaching staff, that's just RG3 sucking so bad that he made it possible. He sucked so bad that the new coach was able to convince Dan Snyder that Colt McCoy was a better option.

What makes you think that RG3 has the ability to sit on the bench and maximize his potential? He just isn't wired correctly and doesn't have enough of a will to become great. Like someone said before, it's Vince Young all over again.

Because it happens all the time in the nfl. Coaches try to fit square pegs in round holes. Reid is not that guy. He adjusts his plan to fit the player and that could be a game changer for RG3 even from the bench

Mav
11-26-2014, 03:46 PM
I really liked him coming out. He's done.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 03:47 PM
You really think that RGIII could come to KC and sit on the bench for 2 years and everyone is happy? The media frenzy and ESPN trucks parked outside would not be a distraction?

No one's talking about Johnny Football this year. He's sitting on the bench.

They'd move on to another trainwreck.

Also, LOL at the idea of the media covering the Chiefs.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Because it happens all the time in the nfl. Coaches try to fit square pegs in round holes. Reid is not that guy. He adjusts his plan to fit the player and that could be a game changer for RG3 even from the bench

Square peg? You're acting like RG3 does something well.

News flash, he doesn't do anything well at all.

Sucks in the pocket.

Can't read defenses.

Can't find 5 wide open players in 1 play.

Can't scramble.

Poor accuracy.

Poor throwing mechanics.

He just plain sucks and it has nothing to do with the "right system".

Just look at this:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--mKuyBhuk--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/wwctrxv9pndtfeov3jfp.jpg

Was RG3 unsuccessful on this play because the system doesn't fit his strengths? Because the coaching staff doesn't know how to maximize his strengths? Or, maybe, it's just because he isn't even passable as a starter.

Maybe they need to get WRs who can get open by 10 yards instead of 6 and an OL that can block for 10 seconds and never allow any DL players to even get close to RG3.

RunKC
11-26-2014, 03:50 PM

Sucks in the pocket.

Can't read defenses.

Can't scramble.

Poor accuracy.

Poor throwing mechanics.

Just look at this:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--mKuyBhuk--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/wwctrxv9pndtfeov3jfp.jpg

Was RG3 unsuccessful on this play because the system doesn't fit his strengths? Because the coaching staff doesn't know how to maximize his strengths? Or, maybe, it's just because he isn't even passable as a starter.

Maybe they need to get WRs who can get open by 10 yards instead of 6 and an OL that can block for 10 seconds and never allow any DL players to even get close to RG3.

Valid point but I think he runs bc HE wants to make the play and HE wants to be the hero.

He's an egomaniac.

Rain Man
11-26-2014, 03:50 PM
I'd be down for this but I don't think our team will be and here's why.

Say we bring RG3 in on incredible value for what he was picked up in, in the first place. What message are we sending to the team if we are bringing in another veteran qb? It's not like we would be drafting a qb and grooming him as our own, we would be making the same mistake most ppl in this thread say we do every 5 years which is take someone else's trash off there hands. I don't mind bringing in RG3 but alot of ppl here agreeing to the same thing are going against what they have preached time and time again, but go figure it's the Alex haters that are saying to bring him in, which means the hate for Alex goes deeper than not drafting our own qb in round 1 or 2.

So second point. If we bring in rg3 that could cause a rift between Alex and the coaches so I just don't see us making the move. If anything you usually want to bring in a rookie to learn, not someone who is trying to start and could cause more of a disturbance than help if he doesn't start (rg3)

I wouldn't want to bring in anybody who's a locker room problem, so I'll state that first.

But beyond that, I really don't subscribe to the "never bring in competition for your quarterback" approach. I think the QB should be treated like any other position. You bring in people to compete for the job and the best one wins. Even if the same guy wins year in and year out, it's the best way to have a good backup behind him.

wazu
11-26-2014, 03:52 PM

Sucks in the pocket.

Can't read defenses.

Can't scramble.

Poor accuracy.

Poor throwing mechanics.

Amazing how a guy that sucks that bad can, while starting 15 games during his rookie year, put up a 102.4 passer rating while rushing for another 800 yards and 7 TDs.

Dante84
Oldschool, not disagreeing, but how do you explain his rookie year?

15 games, 3200 yards, 20tds, 5ints, 102QBR, 30 sacks(yikes!)

Is he not capable of putting those numbers up again, or how did he do it in the first place if he is so awful?

OldSchool
Valid point but I think he runs bc HE wants to make the play and HE wants to be the hero.

He's an egomaniac.

Listen to Chris Cooley's podcast breaking down RG3 vs the Bucs. He thinks that RG3 has the yips.

FlaChief58
11-26-2014, 03:54 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one NTTAWWT. I just think that there is hope for him and if the price is right, I'd love to see what Reid can do with him.

BlackOp
11-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Crennel wanted to have his babies...I bet he goes to the Texans.

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 03:56 PM
He had a shit load of potential coming into the league. The offense the Skins ran his first season had a ton of screens designed to get the ball out as quickly as possibly without him having to think too much.

Unfortunately, that injury just destroyed him. Now that they're asking him to do more as far as the playbook is concerned, he just can't get it done.

It really was a lot of his own doing, though. Apparently the guy thinks he's invincible. He takes the hardest hits of any player I can remember watching.

FlaChief58
11-26-2014, 03:58 PM

He's an egomaniac.

Good coaching can fix that

Dante84
11-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Again, I think Reid can coach the shit out of him.

For a 4th or 5th, in a year where we have like 15 picks, I do it.

Fuck Chase Daniel.

BigCatDaddy
11-26-2014, 04:02 PM
The injuries are a major concern so I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket. However, Im sure Reid could coach him to at least get the production he gets out of Alex which obviously isn't much.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Amazing how a guy that sucks that bad can, while starting 15 games during his rookie year, put up a 102.4 passer rating while rushing for another 800 yards and 7 TDs.

There are a countless number of players at different positions who "light up" the league their first year or two starting and then fade into obscurity. Does the name Damon Huard ring a bell for you? Derek Anderson? Matt Cassel?

Defenses figured RG3 out, on top of his injury, and he is now nothing in the league. It's that simple. Every coach has this saying and we've heard it from numerous Chiefs players, "you are either getting better or you are getting worse, you never stay the same". It's pretty clear which direction that RG3 has been going.

What separates the good/great QBs from those like RG3 is the ability to adapt and continue to produce even when defenses have "figured you out". That's what ultimately separates a starting quality QB from a career backup.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Based on conversations with the Redskins' old coaching staff, ESPN's Steve Young stated that he knows Robert Griffin III "doesn't put the time in."
"I’ve talked to his previous coaches, people I really trust and admire, that know quarterbacks," Young said. "He doesn’t put the time in." Current Redskins coach Jay Gruden all but confirmed Young's comments by recently stating Griffin has "fundamental flaws" and his footwork is "not even close" to where it needs to be. On Wednesday, Gruden continued to dance around the topic and paint a rose-colored picture. "He could do more probably," Gruden acknowledged, "[but] he studies himself and he comes back with ideas the following day. Whether he's here or not, there's a lot of work you can do. ... I really think he works hard at it. He puts his work in." Dan Snyder will probably have to decide between RG3 and Gruden this offseason.

That's as a starter. What makes you think that RG3 will put in the time as a back-up? If he "prepares like he is the starter" like he has been doing so far in his career, he'll never develop.

That's if he can get over his yips (according to Cooley).

notorious
11-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Get him in a stable environment with a scheme that doesn't force QB runs and he will be fine.

11-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Boy, you just can't stop stupid.

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 04:12 PM
He does seem nice though - admit it.

I even did a thread on him seeming nice.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 04:14 PM
That's as a starter. What makes you think that RG3 will put in the time as a back-up? If he "prepares like he is the starter" like he has been doing so far in his career, he'll never develop.

That's if he can get over his yips (according to Cooley).

He feels entitled and doesn't put in the work.

He is now, for the first time fully losing his job, being knocked down a peg.

He will either end up somewhere and be the starter and fail miserably, or he will go somewhere with a solid structure in place, take his lumps and work his way up the chain.

I think the Redskins would be inclined to trade him to the AFC, and to a team where he will not be a starter. If they pull the trade trigger, they will not want to risk seeing him be immediately successful elsewhere.

The Chiefs are a prime trade partner, in my opinion.

FlaChief58
11-26-2014, 04:15 PM
That's what ultimately separates a starting quality QB from a career backup.

I don't think anyone is saying that he's the QBOTF, but as a cheap #2 who has shown potential and given our HC' s history with qb's, why not?

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 04:16 PM

There is absolutely no chance that Dorsey, Reid and Hunt will want RGME in their locker room.

O.city
11-26-2014, 04:16 PM
It's funny to see OldSchool talk like this, yet what was Alex smith in his first years in San fran?

Reerun_KC
11-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Boy, you just can't stop stupid.

Yes you can, look at what NFL defenses are doing to RGtree

Reerun_KC
It's funny to see OldSchool talk like this, yet what was Alex smith in his first years in San fran?

My guess would be a QB... Didnt he play QB in San Fran?

Dante84
There is absolutely no chance that Dorsey, Reid and Hunt will want RGME in their locker room.

Reid wrangled TO and Desean, and opened himself up to the Mike Vick show.

I dont think he shy's(? shies?) away from the drama, if it makes sense.

Dorsey and Hunt, however, may be a different story.

OldSchool
He feels entitled and doesn't put in the work.

He is now, for the first time fully losing his job, being knocked down a peg.

He will either end up somewhere and be the starter and fail miserably, or he will go somewhere with a solid structure in place, take his lumps and work his way up the chain.

I think the Redskins would be inclined to trade him to the AFC, and to a team where he will not be a starter. If they pull the trade trigger, they will not want to risk seeing him be immediately successful elsewhere.

I don't think so. Snyder will definitely ask Griffin about where he would like to play and take that into consideration. Griffin will pick a place where he has an easier path to the starting job.

Texans
Bills
Browns
Bucs
Titans

All of those teams are better for him in terms of starting potential and they are also better in terms of draft position/value.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't think anyone is saying that he's the QBOTF, but as a cheap #2 who has shown potential and given our HC' s history with qb's, why not?

Because there's virtually no way the guy will take a backup job. He'll want to compete for the #1 spot and that's not an option in KC.

He's already burned through two coaches, that are also considered to be"QB Gurus". The idea of Reid taking extra time in order to coach up a reclamation project is just bad.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Reid wrangled TO and Desean, and opened himself up to the Mike Vick show.

I dont think he shy's(? shies?) away from the drama, if it makes sense.

Dorsey and Hunt, however, may be a different story.

Philly's a different city with a different type of fan.

Notice how all of those guys are gone since Reid left town?

ThaVirus
11-26-2014, 04:20 PM

"He didn't have any surrounding talent"

"He's always been a team-first guy, not a me-first like RGIII"

"Alex was only 21 when he entered the league"

"He had the worst coaches ever"

That should just about cover any of his rebuttals.

ModSocks
11-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Having a hard time with 1 coach is an anomaly. Two? Now we're developing a pattern.

O.city
11-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Anyway, he's mentally broken it seems

ModSocks
11-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Anyway, he's mentally broken it seems

This. But, he could turn it around. You never know.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 04:22 PM

Smith wasn't a Nike and Subway endorser before ever playing his first game. Smith wasn't a media sensation before he ever played a game. Smith's jersey wasn't the #1 selling jersey before he stepped on the field.

Smith wasn't coached up by Mike Shanahan two years in a row, followed by another QB guru in Gruden.

Different circumstances altogether.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 04:23 PM
"He didn't have any surrounding talent"

"He's always been a team-first guy, not a me-first like RGIII"

"Alex was only 21 when he entered the league"

"He had the worst coaches ever"

That should just about cover any of his rebuttals.

Those are also completely true.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 04:24 PM
This. But, he could turn it around. You never know.

No one knows, that's for certain. But where's the empirical evidence that states it's more likely than not?

FlaChief58
11-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Because there's virtually no way the guy will take a backup job.

If not, then so be it, he can go to a bottom feeder like the bucs. If he wants to save his nfl career, KC isn't a bad place to do that

Reerun_KC
11-26-2014, 04:46 PM
If not, then so be it, he can go to a bottom feeder like the bucs. If he wants to save his nfl career, KC isn't a bad place to do that

too many other needs to waste money on a dumpster fire like RGtree

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 04:47 PM

If he's traded, he won't have any choice as to where he goes. If he's a free agent, that's a different story entirely.

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 05:04 PM
If he's traded, he won't have any choice as to where he goes. If he's a free agent, that's a different story entirely.

If he leaves Washington he will almost certainly be traded. They Redskins will want a conditional pick so that the value of the trade is not immediately known to get people off their backs.

ModSocks
11-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Because there's virtually no way the guy will take a backup job.

Not yet at least....

Dante84
11-26-2014, 05:08 PM
He won't be a free agent; they arent going to cut him outright - he has value and they can get something for him.

Just like Sproles and the Saints. He was about to be cut and pick his team, and then they traded him to Philly. He and his wife were pissed. It all worked out, but the team will always try to get something in return if its a possibility.

RG3 will get traded. And I don't think they are going to put heavy consideration into "where he wants to go." The dude is forcing their hand by sucking and whatnot, so they will ship him to the place that is the best for the team.

That team could be the Chiefs:
- because we are in the AFC and they'll avoid the risk of him tearing it up inside their conference.
- because we have a starter and he won't light up the league immediately, creating another PR nightmare for Washington
- because we have a ton of picks and may be more willing to part with one for the risk involved

May not be the Chiefs:
- because they don't think the juice is worth the squeeze
- because another team may value him more and will outbid them

ModSocks
11-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Or

-because they don't want the distraction and don't want Alex looking over his shoulder every week.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 05:13 PM
Or

-because they don't want the distraction and don't want Alex looking over his shoulder every week.

Yep. They're not paying Alex $17 million per to look over his shoulder.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 05:13 PM
He won't be a free agent; they arent going to cut him outright - he has value and they can get something for him.

Just like Sproles and the Saints. He was about to be cut and pick his team, and then they traded him to Philly. He and his wife were pissed. It all worked out, but the team will always try to get something in return if its a possibility.

RG3 will get traded. And I don't think they are going to put heavy consideration into "where he wants to go." The dude is forcing their hand by sucking and whatnot, so they will ship him to the place that is the best for the team.

That team could be the Chiefs:
- because we are in the AFC and they'll avoid the risk of him tearing it up inside their conference.
- because we have a starter and he won't light up the league immediately, creating another PR nightmare for Washington
- because we have a ton of picks and may be more willing to part with one for the risk involved

May not be the Chiefs:
- because they don't think the juice is worth the squeeze
- because another team may value him more and will outbid them

If they trade him for a conditional pick, why wouldn't they want to send him somewhere where he has a shot at starting?

Again, there are teams who actually need a starting QB who will be able to offer better draft picks than we will be able to. If they trade him for a conditional draft pick based on production/playing time, there is no way that RG3 is coming to KC.

jonzie04
11-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Id love to have him at the right price. Only thing is though hed have to sign a non franchise qb 15+m contravt. And youd have to keep a solid number 2 qb in the stable.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Id love to have him at the right price. Only thing is though hed have to sign a non franchise qb 15+m contravt. And youd have to keep a solid number 2 qb in the stable.

If you trade for him, you get his current contract, which is a rookie deal.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Or

Well yeah, it would have to be clearly stated that RG3 is a backup and a backup only, otherwise it is dumb.

Alex shouldn't be looking over his shoulder at RG3 for at least 2 years, because Alex should be playing well.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 05:24 PM
If they trade him for a conditional pick, why wouldn't they want to send him somewhere where he has a shot at starting?

Again, there are teams who actually need a starting QB who will be able to offer better draft picks than we will be able to. If they trade him for a conditional draft pick based on production/playing time, there is no way that RG3 is coming to KC.

Good point.

If they are looking to receive a conditional pick, then I don't think we're in play at all.

Gravedigger
11-26-2014, 05:24 PM
Bad idea, you have RG3 behind Alex Smith, when Smith struggles people will be calling for RG3 thus putting pressure on organization and the team. You don't need that drama, Chase Daniel can stay where he is.

RG3 has not panned out, Shannahan couldn't do anything with him, Gruden can't do anything with him, I'm not willing to be the third team that tries to do something with him.

tk13
11-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Only problem with RGIII is the thing that set him apart was his ability to run the ball. He was one of the best weapons at running the ball from the QB position we've probably ever seen. Defenses had to be ready for it. If he's not able to do that, he's not as effective at QB. I don't have his stats in front of me, but it's probably not a coincidence his best year was the same season he ran wild.

ModSocks
11-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Well yeah, it would have to be clearly stated that RG3 is a backup and a backup only, otherwise it is dumb.

Doesn't matter what they say. The moment the Chiefs stop winning, all of the attention will be turned to Smith and our pedestrian passing attack. Smith will get the brunt of the criticism and fans and the media will be calling for RGIII in no time, thus creating a split in the locker room.

It's the same exact story that happens every year to some shmuck of a team.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Another thing, the Redskins traded 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for RG3. They aren't going to settle for a 5th or later pick for RG3, which is what he is actually worth according to his level of play.

I don't think that the Redskins will trade him for anything less than a conditional 2nd-3rd round pick.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Something else to consider.

No one is going to pay a premium pick - conditional or otherwise - because they will be getting him in a contract year, and they stand a chance to lose him to free agency.

Someone will get him for a 4th or 5th, and might lose him after just 16 games.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Something else to consider.

No one is going to pay a premium pick - conditional or otherwise - because they will be getting him in a contract year, and they stand a chance to lose him to free agency.

Someone will get him for a 4th or 5th, and might lose him after just 16 games.

Unless someone thinks that they can turn RG3 into their franchise QB, he'll be on the Redskins until his contract runs out.

Mr. Laz
11-26-2014, 05:53 PM
Yep. They're not paying Alex $17 million per to look over his shoulder.

The wouldn't be trading for RGIII to be a starter either.

They would be trading for him on the cheap and hope to rehab and sell him for more.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-26-2014, 05:57 PM
The wouldn't be trading for RGIII to be a starter either.

They would be trading for him on the cheap and hope to rehab and sell him for more.

while I like your idea, I know the narrative wouldn't be this in the media. We're talking a huge distraction if they traded for him.

Reid could come out and scream 'ALEX IS OUR GUY. ROBERT IS THE BACKUP' and that crap is still not gonna stop the media from stirring the pot.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-26-2014, 05:58 PM
The issue with Griffin is everyone is saying he has to play like a pocket passer. Has to stop running.

Stupid. It's the threat of him running that made him so good at one time. Injury risk or not, he isn't worth a damn without this aspect of his game. Anyone trying to make him a pocket passer is wasting their time.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 06:00 PM
The issue with Griffin is everyone is saying he has to play like a pocket passer. Has to stop running.

Stupid. It's the threat of him running that made him so good at one time. Injury risk or not, he isn't worth a damn without this aspect of his game. Anyone trying to make him a pocket passer is wasting their time.

He is incapable of running effectively right now and can't function as a pocket passer. He isn't worth shit at this point, period.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Another thing, the Redskins traded 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for RG3. They aren't going to settle for a 5th or later pick for RG3, which is what he is actually worth according to his level of play.

I don't think that the Redskins will trade him for anything less than a conditional 2nd-3rd round pick.

Not according to LaCanfora:

Griffin will be tossed aside for good this offseason, with the Redskins lucky to get a late-round pick for an asset for which they traded so many picks to acquire -- the 6th and 38th overall picks in 2012, plus two future first-round picks, to name a few (it's worth noting that the Harvard author brought up the inherit danger in the Falcons' move for Jones, too,

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24842128/end-of-rg3-era-just-another-of-redskins-self-inflicted-woes

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 06:10 PM

Are you kidding? "Running" has led to two ACL tears.

If he can't become a pocket passer, his career is over, which is essentially what the Redskins are saying.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Are you kidding? "Running" has led to two ACL tears.

If he can't become a pocket passer, his career is over, which is essentially what the Redskins are saying.

You reinforced what I said basically.

RG3 sucks without running. If he doesn't continue to try it, he's done.

58-4ever
11-26-2014, 06:18 PM
You reinforced what I said basically.

RG3 sucks without running. If he doesn't continue to try it, he's done.

So I actually disagree. He has ran too much for such a thin frame. He's not as big as Cam Newton and is more of a pocket passer.

rtmike
11-26-2014, 06:26 PM
I'd rather read a Deberg thread backwards 3 times than trade a 4th for RGIII

fyp

rtmike
11-26-2014, 06:38 PM
I would think that he needs to get on a team that's built around a mobile QB like Seattle or SF otherwise he'll keep regressing.

The Rat's kid basically dumb ed down & built the offense for RGIII. He's apparently not getting coddled with this staff otherwise Gruden would have tried to keep the same offense...I would think?

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 06:39 PM
I would think that he needs to get on a team that's built around a mobile QB like Seattle or SF otherwise he'll keep regressing.

The Rat's kid basically dumb ed down & built the offense for RGIII. He's apparently not getting coddled with this staff otherwise Gruden would have tried to keep the same offense.

Go listen to Cooley's breakdown. Gruden and his staff had to completely change the game plan because RG3 was incapable of running their original offensive gameplan.

WhiteWhale
11-26-2014, 06:41 PM
What the hell are you smoking? Pierre Garcon? Desean Jackson? Andre Roberts? That's not talent? His receiving group is as good as any in the league.

Coaching? You mean the guy who developed Horse face? Colt McCoy seemed to play well under Jay Gruden. Andy Dalton was a fantasy star with Jay Gruden.
... are you saying that Shanahan developed Elway?

Elway was like 35 when shanahan was hired.

Eleazar
11-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they are going to trade draft picks for a bust QB after they just extended Alex Smith

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 06:44 PM

Nope.

Shanahan was the OC in Denver from 1984 to the end of 1987, was re-hired as OC from 1990-1991, took off for San Fran from 1992-1994 and was hired as HC in 1995.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 06:47 PM

Who coached Elway to 2 Super Bowl victories?

Shanahan also took Jake Plummer and turned him into a good starting QB.

Jay Cutler saw his best seasons under Shanahan.

Dante84
11-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they are going to trade draft picks for a bust QB after they just extended Alex Smith

Its the NFL, man. Weird things happen.

"Yeah, I'm sure they're gonna draft a QB like Cousins in the 4th after trading all their picks to move up and take RG3 #2 overall."

- you if you were a Redskins fan

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Its the NFL, man. Weird things happen.

"Yeah, I'm sure they're gonna draft a QB like Cousins in the 4th after trading all their picks to move up and take RG3 #2 overall."

- you if you were a Redskins fan

Washington is a tire fire, which began the minute Snyder bought the team in 1999. Terrible personnel decisions, firing coaches every year, etc. and so on.

Bwana
11-26-2014, 06:56 PM
:spock:

Not only no, but fuck no.

Simply Red
11-26-2014, 07:19 PM

srsly?

lcarus
11-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Washington is a tire fire, which began the minute Snyder bought the team in 1999. Terrible personnel decisions, firing coaches every year, etc. and so on.

That's the fuckin truth

58kcfan89
11-26-2014, 07:37 PM
I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize if this was posted, but this is pretty damning to me.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/11/21/the-test-the-areas-robert-griffin-iii-most-needs-to-fix-heading-into-the-49ers-game/

There's a play (see shot below) where RG3 literally has 5 open receivers, decides to pull it down and eventually throws an incomplete pass. We'd be crucifying Smith if he did the same (and rightfully so).

I know this is just from 1 game, but this is becoming a trend with the guy. Factor in the press conferences and off-field drama and I'll pass on Griffin.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/files/2014/11/corner-flat-1c.png&w=1484

BigCatDaddy
11-26-2014, 07:46 PM
I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize if this was posted, but this is pretty damning to me.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/11/21/the-test-the-areas-robert-griffin-iii-most-needs-to-fix-heading-into-the-49ers-game/

There's a play (see shot below) where RG3 literally has 5 open receivers, decides to pull it down and eventually throws an incomplete pass. We'd be crucifying Smith if he did the same (and rightfully so).

I know this is just from 1 game, but this is becoming a trend with the guy. Factor in the press conferences and off-field drama and I'll pass on Griffin.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/files/2014/11/corner-flat-1c.png&w=1484

Who was the moron that said they could tell if a guy was open based on still shots alone? LMAO

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 07:50 PM

Maybe it's like a restaurant that has too many options. RG3 just didn't know which one to pick.

the Talking Can
11-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Barnwell spitballing on RG3:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/rg3-robert-griffin-10-possible-destinations/

More likely, I would expect to see something like a 2016 fourth-round pick that could rise to a second-rounder if Griffin hits certain benchmarks for his new team in 2015. If Washington wants a 2015 pick for Griffin, it’s hard to see anyone offering more than a third-round pick...

...3. Philadelphia Eagles: Oh boy. This is the nuclear option for everyone involved, and yet for everybody involved, it makes a lot of sense. Chip Kelly hasn’t had a mobile quarterback capable of scaring opposing teams with the zone-read since Michael Vick hit the bench last season, and even with his limitations after knee surgery, Griffin would qualify. The offense that Kelly runs in Philadelphia shares some similarities to what Griffin ran in college, given their shared usage of the read-option and emphasis on both spreading the field and using tempo as an offensive asset. And Kelly, who recruited Griffin out of high school, has no qualms about acquiring a damaged quarterback if he thinks he can mold him into a worthwhile starter. Is Griffin really a worse case than Mark Sanchez?

The fly in the ointment is Washington, which might hesitate to deal its former franchise quarterback inside the division out of a fear he’ll come back to beat D.C. twice a year. That being said, if Washington is already so sure that Griffin’s not worth holding on to, why would it be concerned about dealing Griffin to a rival? If anything, if it’s that sure he’s going to fail wherever he goes, why wouldn’t it be aggressive about dealing him to Philadelphia in the hopes he’ll blow up their locker room? This would be the most fun destination for Griffin.

2. Buffalo Bills: The Bills are probably the team most desperate to acquire a veteran quarterback in free agency. While Buffalo fans will probably note that the team is now 6-5 and has a 4-3 record with Kyle Orton at the helm, the Bills still have to play the Broncos, Packers, and Patriots over the final five weeks. It would be a shocker if they finished even 8-8.

Orton is under contract for 2015, but the Bills would still be wise to at least consider going after competition. Having dealt their first-round pick to acquire Sammy Watkins, Buffalo would likely be more desperate to find a quarterback and send a mid-round pick Washington’s way in the hopes of procuring RG3. With Buffalo tucked away safely in the AFC, the Bills might also be one of the few landing spots Washington prefers.

1. St. Louis Rams: And yet, the best fit might very well be the team that traded away the chance to acquire Griffin in the first place. The Rams have recouped a bounty for their decision to trade away the second overall pick three years ago, but the one thing they failed to come away with as part of that deal is a viable starting quarterback. Sam Bradford’s injuries should force him out of town this offseason, and while the Rams appeared to have stumbled onto a starter with Austin Davis, the franchise soured on him quickly enough to run back to veteran retread Shaun Hill two weeks ago.

The Rams also are good enough and have an easy enough schedule over the next five weeks (with games against Oakland, Washington, and the Giants) to likely finish somewhere in the lower half of the top 10, a spot that could preclude them from getting one of the draft’s top-rated passers. Given that they’ve had so many draft picks over the past three seasons by virtue of the Griffin trade and the subsequent deals the Rams made with those picks, they are perhaps best positioned to send a mid-round selection to Washington for Griffin, even after dealing a fourth- and sixth-rounder to the Buccaneers in October for Mark Barron.

At some point, it’s worth it for the Rams to go after a high-risk option. Bradford was one of the lowest-reward options in football when he was in the lineup. The Rams have built a deep roster with talent up and down the lineup, but they’ve never taken a risk on a player like Griffin, who might dramatically improve their fortunes. I wouldn’t make the move if they intend to hold on to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, but if the Rams found a more imaginative replacement and moved on from Bradford, Griffin would be a logical fit.

In all, I strongly doubt that Griffin will remain on the Washington roster in 2015. There’s just not enough to be gained by having him around, especially with all the public posturing from Gruden suggesting that he wants to move on and go after the quarterback of his choosing. If Washington fires Gruden and hires somebody like Briles or Harbaugh, it would make sense for Griffin to stay. Otherwise, a trade makes the most sense, and these are the 10 teams that most obviously fit a Griffin deal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-26-2014, 08:11 PM

Incorrect.

BigCatDaddy
11-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Incorrect.

I guess hes not quite THAT Old School.

58kcfan89
11-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Who was the moron that said they could tell if a guy was open based on still shots alone? LMAO

You can't be serious. Even if you're going to make an argument that the deep routes are covered (to which I would say a quality NFL QB should hit them), 2 of his 3 short options don't have a defender within 5 yards and the other (over the middle) has much more room than that.

I know a still shot only shows a little bit, but this more than proves the point. And the point is that RG3 is more than capable of Cassel-esque awfulness.

BigCatDaddy
11-26-2014, 08:36 PM
You can't be serious. Even if you're going to make an argument that the deep routes are covered (to which I would say a quality NFL QB should hit them), 2 of his 3 short options don't have a defender within 5 yards and the other (over the middle) has much more room than that.

I know a still shot only shows a little bit, but this more than proves the point. And the point is that RG3 is more than capable of Cassel-esque awfulness.

Typo. They said they could not tell.

58kcfan89
11-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Typo. They said they could not tell.

Ah. My bad. :)

BigCatDaddy
11-26-2014, 08:42 PM
Ah. My bad. :)

No. You are right. It came when Clay had the shots of Alex missing open guys.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Incorrect.

How so? He was his OC from 84-87. Was part of the offensive staff again from 90-91. Then became his HC in 95, the years when Horse Face had his most success.

BigCatDaddy
11-26-2014, 08:57 PM
How so? He was his OC from 84-87. Was part of the offensive staff again from 90-91. Then became his HC in 95, the years when Horse Face had his most success.

LMAO. You had no clue of that until Dane mentioned it or you would have said that in your first shitty rebutal.

thabear04
11-26-2014, 09:06 PM
I'll give him a 2nd and a 3rd but if he active for 5 games it turns into a 2nd round (jk) I'll pass on him.

OldSchool
11-26-2014, 09:19 PM
LMAO. You had no clue of that until Dane mentioned it or you would have said that in your first shitty rebutal.

Or I just didn't feel the need to correct the first dumbass and only felt compelled to reply again because a second dumbass showed up?

redfan
11-26-2014, 09:20 PM
No, no, no fuck NO!!! Loved him at Baylor, but he's bad news.

BigCatDaddy
11-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Or I just didn't feel the need to correct the first dumbass and only felt compelled to reply again because a second dumbass showed up?

Your first reply only referenced the Super bowls. Your 2nd one basically was a copy and paste of Danes post. Nice try.

Reerun_KC
11-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Can we give aids and make him ggo away forever?

Wallcrawler
11-26-2014, 09:44 PM
You would think they would exhaust all possibilities to work it out with this kid. I mean, with what they gave up to get him, it seems absolutely insane to deal him for such pittance.

Three first round picks, and a second round pick. You spend that much on a guy, you had better make damn sure he's not going to become the guy you thought he would be when you made that trade or you will really become a laughing stock.

Someone trades a 4th for this dude and he explodes into a superstar, your organization will have a hard time ever living that shit down.

J Diddy
11-27-2014, 07:29 AM
I am thankful that we did not draft him. Now why in the hell would I trade for him?

Reerun_KC
11-27-2014, 07:32 AM
I am thankful that we did not draft him. Now why in the hell would I trade for him?
Because CP?

Marcellus
11-27-2014, 08:07 AM
I cant belive I am saying this 3 years later but hell no.

Man he was fun to watch as a rookie but he is a disaster waiting to happen.

Coach killer extraordinaire.

Rausch
11-27-2014, 08:16 AM
He's a smart guy. I think he could turn it around and be a fine pocket passer.

I don't think he can stay healthy though...

the Talking Can
11-27-2014, 08:22 AM
i agree that he wouldn't come here, but sitting on the bench and getting his mind and body right while getting coached by reid is probably one of the best things he could do for his career...

i also bet reid could polish him up and flip him for a profit in two years

Rausch
11-27-2014, 08:24 AM
i agree that he wouldn't come here, but sitting on the bench and getting his mind and body right while getting coached by reid is probably one of the best things he could do for his career...

i also bet reid could polish him up and flip him for a profit in two years

I'd love to see him play Bray enough in the preseason to flip him for even a 6th. Bray clearly isn't in the long term plans...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-27-2014, 09:03 AM
I'd love to see him play Bray enough in the preseason to flip him for even a 6th. Bray clearly isn't in the long term plans...

But hopefully another underachiever in the Chase Daniel mold like Murray is! w00t!

GloucesterChief
11-27-2014, 09:12 AM
You would think they would exhaust all possibilities to work it out with this kid. I mean, with what they gave up to get him, it seems absolutely insane to deal him for such pittance.

Three first round picks, and a second round pick. You spend that much on a guy, you had better make damn sure he's not going to become the guy you thought he would be when you made that trade or you will really become a laughing stock.

Someone trades a 4th for this dude and he explodes into a superstar, your organization will have a hard time ever living that shit down.

At some point you have stop throwing good money after bad. I don't think RGIII is going to explode into a superstar. He is too fragile.

Wallcrawler
11-27-2014, 11:48 AM
I don't think RG3 is fragile. The knee injury, that's happened to tons of guys. Brady, Palmer are the notables at QB. Then the ankle, just came down on it way wrong and popped it out.

Dude was awesome his rookie year until the knee injury. Then the scheme changed because the Shanahans wanted to "protect" him. And in forcing that playstyle upon him, he sucked something awful.

Jay Gruden comes in, and he isn't doing much better under him. Cousins was a big flop as well in his system. Now his best hope is a former washout QB in Colt McCoy?

If it's system that RG3 is having problems with, Gruden should keep the guy playing. You're 3-8. Your season is over. Get the guy the game reps in the system. He missed the better part of the season with that ankle dislocation, and you don't learn new systems overnight. Now you're giving the job to Colt McCoy, Griffin isn't going to get better from the bench, all so you can "toughen him up?"

It seems like Gruden has given up on Griffin, when he's only played a few games in the new system. Just seems dumb to me. The kid displayed amazing talent as a rookie. Then they stopped doing what they were doing, trying to shield him from harm, and his production has been ass.

Gruden hasn't really given the kid a shot. How you start a brand new offense, miss about half the season with an injury, and then get benched because you don't come out lighting the world on fire immediately is baffling.

RG3 is going to go to a team with a staff that will coordinate an offense around HIS strengths, and he's going to be good. Should things go bad for KC, John Dorsey will be called every name in the book by CP for not making a play for him when we had 11 draft picks and we could've had him.

RG3's troubles are he is the square peg trying to be forced into the round hole offensive scheme. Same type of thing Reid was doing this season early on calling all those ****ing pass plays and ignoring the running game. Reid wanted HIS pass happy philosophy, not the smashmouth philosophy that maximized the talent of his players. When he finally came around, we started kicking ass.

The same will happen to RG3. Its looking like Jerruh is drooling all over the kid, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Dallas go after him as Romo's heir apparent.

Eleazar
11-27-2014, 12:04 PM
He's a one read QB who is injury prone and mistake prone, and apparently has problems with coaches and teammates that stem from a seemingly entitled attitude.

You'd be better off spending a draft pick in the draft on a QB without the baggage.

Jakemall
11-27-2014, 12:33 PM
I would have no problem bringing him in as a back up and project. With that said, he'll command too much money for this to work for the Chiefs. He probably could also start for a few bad teams..and I don't think he'll want to be a back up.

So no.

O.city
11-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Dallas would be a good option. Package romo to some desperate team and get younger.

SAUTO
11-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Dallas would be a good option. Package romo to some desperate team and get younger.

He would sit behind romo for a year in a perfect world.

DaneMcCloud
11-27-2014, 04:40 PM
I honestly believe that a team is looking at a Tim Tebow type distraction with RGIII.

He's torn the same ACL twice. His escapability and running were huge aspects of his game and now, that's all but over. I think that it will be difficult, if not impossible, for him to become a true pocket passer.

If the starter of whichever team he ends up with struggles, the fans and media will be questioning why he's not playing, regardless of whether or not he'd be ready or capable. It'll be a huge distraction and could divide a locker room.

I think it would be an incendiary situation that would most likely become a repeat of his time in Washington.

Mr. Laz
12-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Redskins/NFL
For Jay Gruden, the best place for Robert Griffin III is elsewhere

Despite a decent performance, Colt McCoy could not pull out a victory for the Redskins, as they lost, 49-27, against the Indianapolis Colts. The Washington Post's Gene Wang and Dan Steinberg discuss how the lackluster defense was mostly to blame. (Kyle Barss/The Washington Post)
Jason Reid

By Jason Reid Columnist December 4 at 10:41 AM

Jay Gruden wanted Robert Griffin III to succeed, but he felt he had no choice last week other than to bench the Washington Redskins’ once-apparent franchise savior despite the wide-ranging consequences. And while it’s unclear whether owner Dan Snyder and President and General Manager Bruce Allen are in lockstep with their coach, it’s helpful to examine what convinced Gruden that the franchise must part ways with the 2012 offensive rookie of the year. By making the bold move, Gruden has set the tone about Griffin’s future as the offseason draws near, and the power of Gruden’s assessment will be crucial as he tries to persuade Snyder and Allen to follow him.

Although Gruden had doubts about Griffin before coming to Washington in January, Griffin was his unquestioned starter from the offseason workouts through training camp to Week 1 of this season. After working with Griffin for more than 10 months, however, Gruden is now done with him, according to multiple people within the organization.

Jason Reid is a sports columnist with the Washington Post. He joined the Post’s Redskins team in 2007 after 15 years covering many beats at the Los Angeles Times. View Archive
Google+
RSS
Through three preseason games and five starts in the regular season, Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season.

Also, Gruden’s assessment goes deeper than Griffin’s play. He has major concerns about Griffin’s decision making off the field, which has come to light through conversations with team officials at Redskins Park.

To Gruden, Griffin seemed more concerned about enhancing his brand than about honing his pocket skills. Often, Gruden rolled his eyes after being informed about the life lessons the 24-year-old offered on social media. Gruden became frustrated that Griffin, even after Gruden benched him, failed to acknowledge his role in his failure.

If it were up to Gruden, the Redskins would make a clean break in the offseason, taking whatever they could get for Griffin in a trade. But despite Griffin’s awful performance — he hasn’t won a game in more than a year while being benched in successive seasons — the situation may not be so clear-cut for Snyder and Allen, who had key roles in the decision to trade four high-round draft picks for the opportunity to select Griffin.

It wouldn’t be surprising if Snyder and Allen were tempted to give Griffin another shot at reclaiming the starting job. Or they could take a hard-line approach in trade talks, hoping to recoup a portion of the king’s ransom it took to get Griffin. In either scenario, the Redskins would wind up as losers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-jay-gruden-the-best-place-for-robert-griffin-iii-is-elsewhere/2014/12/03/911e0cde-7a69-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html?wprss=rss_redskins-page-shell&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Eleazar
12-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Ryan Leaf, Inc. was a "brand" once too.

Window Licking Whiner
12-04-2014, 08:53 PM
As a former chiefs fan and a now a packer fan who also has to listen to DC sports radio everyday otw to work. Sure pick him up. He would be par for a course of failure since...well forever.

Iconic
12-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Ryan Leaf, Inc. was a "brand" once too.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/73c4d8abab671eeed730e86b6867b0728c42295b/c=0-0-640-480&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/GreatFalls/2014/12/04/B9315363549Z.1_20141204171151_000_G7G9AMA7R.1-0.jpg

Eleazar
12-04-2014, 09:01 PM
I think a lot of people here recognized that he was overvalued in the draft and wasn't the passer he needed to be, and that his body type is not one that lends itself to his style of play in the NFL, so RG3 was going to be a project. A lot of other people bought into the hype, but many didn't.

I was one of his doubters, but I never thought his failure would ultimately be because of immaturity. The articles about him read like Geno Smith articles - someone who feels they have "arrived", and are more interested in enjoying their celebrity than in working at football.

Never thought RG3 would turn out that way. Maybe it speaks to the kind of PR campaigns and hype that surround these QB draft prospects. They seem to have successfully sold everyone that he was a character guy and he turned out not to be a troublemaker, but not to be much of a professional.

Window Licking Whiner
12-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Rg3 has endorsement deals all over here on east coast. For a guy that has sucked big time. He's waaaay overrated. Ffs qb3 took the starting job from him

Eleazar
12-04-2014, 09:08 PM
It's not like McCoy is any good, either.

Window Licking Whiner
12-04-2014, 09:16 PM
It's not like McCoy is any good, either.

True. But they tried to give rg3 some gimme games against Tampa and Minnesota, instead of winning and getting his job back. He played back to back worst games of his career. The level of butthurt is laughable in va/md/dc

Tickets at Redskins games are going for 6.00

The Franchise
12-05-2014, 02:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Would Chiefs consider an Alex Smith + picks for RG3 type deal? Interesting rumor floating around...</p>&mdash; Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/540968911622008833">December 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dayze
12-05-2014, 02:57 PM
rumor my ass Benji

ILChief
12-05-2014, 03:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Would Chiefs consider an Alex Smith + picks for RG3 type deal? Interesting rumor floating around...</p>&mdash; Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/540968911622008833">December 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

They should be giving us picks

WakkaWakka
12-05-2014, 03:40 PM

This would be ****ing epic LMAO

Hydrae
12-05-2014, 03:51 PM

No, we need RG3 to sit behind Alex for a season so he cannot be part of this trade. Now Daniel on the other hand....:hmmm:

O.city
12-05-2014, 03:55 PM
If Andy Reid is the qb guru we all think he is and they can unload smith's deal, would be a win

The Franchise
12-05-2014, 03:56 PM
If Andy Reid is the qb guru we all think he is and they can unload smith's deal, would be a win

Prepare thyself....

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/3401898489.gif

Easy 6
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM
My opinion on this has yet to be heard.

NO.

NO.

NO.

That is all.

O.city
12-05-2014, 03:58 PM
RGIII opens up the window for this team by a ton. Under a coach like Reid (whom RGIIIs skills would match with) he could really grow in to a franchise qb that's not on his last leg.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Dumb. This "rumor" was likely created by this Denver sports host to get listeners.

O.city
12-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Reids offense is built around mobile accurate vertical passers.

O.city
12-05-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm sure there's tons of these things passed around all the time between GMs and such. 90 percent never comes to fruition though

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 04:01 PM
RGIII opens up the window for this team by a ton. Under a coach like Reid (whom RGIIIs skills would match with) he could really grow in to a franchise qb that's not on his last leg.

RGIII is complete ass. He can't read a defense, can no longer run, is frail, has torn the same ACL twice and has been benched in favor of Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy.

The mere notion that the Chiefs would trade Alex Smith for this bozo is patently absurd. He might as well start a rumor that the Chiefs are trading Alex Smith for Aaron Rodgers.

Dayze
12-05-2014, 04:02 PM
exactly

FlaChief58
12-05-2014, 04:02 PM

I'm all for bringing RG3 in, but this would be ludicrous.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm sure there's tons of these things passed around all the time between GMs and such. 90 percent never comes to fruition though

No, that would be tampering, which comes with a huge fine.

This is a "media creation" of some bozo with 9,700 twitter followers trying to gain a larger audience.

O.city
RGIII is complete ass. He can't read a defense, can no longer run, is frail, has torn the same ACL twice and has been benched in favor of Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy.

The mere notion that the Chiefs would trade Alex Smith for this bozo is patently absurd. He might as well start a rumor that the Chiefs are trading Alex Smith for Aaron Rodgers.

He's done in Washington, that's for sure.

They'd be banking on him regaining form and taking off under the tutelage of Reid though.

Dayze
there's more of a likelihood of Anna Kendrick sitting on my face than there is of this RGIII "rumor" ever coming even 1% close to being true.

jd1020

What does this even mean?

Is he saying the Chiefs are floating the idea of trading for RG3 or is he saying the Chiefs are thinking about moving way the **** up in the draft for a QB?

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 04:04 PM
He's done in Washington, that's for sure.

They'd be banking on him regaining form and taking off under the tutelage of Reid though.

RGIII has no desire to learn the pro game, so what makes you think he'd even accept Reid's tutelage?

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 04:05 PM
there's more of a likelihood of Anna Kendrick sitting on my face than there is of this RGIII "rumor" ever coming even 1% close to being true.

And I could take you directly to her house and I'm guessing that likelihood would be even less.

:D

Dayze
12-05-2014, 04:07 PM
And I could take you directly to her house and I'm guessing that likelihood would be even less.

:D

I'd say with a high degree of certainty you'd be correct. lol

but that's probably more to do with her being repulsed by me more than anything lol.

tk13
12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Reids offense is built around mobile accurate vertical passers.

What? Reid has always run an offense that was pass-heavy, short, quick passes in lieu of the running attack, with the goal of getting quick guys in open space. Lots of screens and passes to the running backs.

People continue to act like Andy Reid limits the offense due to Alex Smith. Alex Smith is the QB because he can run the offense Reid likes to run. I think if we had a QB with a stronger arm they would throw downfield a bit more... but Reid loves stretching a defense with screens and RB passes.

FlaChief58
12-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Good point :hmmm:

O.city
12-05-2014, 04:10 PM
What? Reid has always run an offense that was pass-heavy, short, quick passes in lieu of the running attack, with the goal of getting quick guys in open space. Lots of screens and passes to the running backs.

Mcnabb, Vick etc.

There are alot of vertical options in the offense. People gear west coast offense and think it's always a short game

O.city
12-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Be it because of smith, the ol, the wrs, whatever your choice, I can't imagine rid envisions running an offense that's completed as many passes downfield as ours has or has not.

tk13
12-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Mcnabb, Vick etc.

There are alot of vertical options in the offense. People gear west coast offense and think it's always a short game

Yeah, but that was the big debate when they signed Vick... he was always a big armed guy. Would he be able to adjust to Reid's short passing game?

I don't have all the stats in front of me, but Brian Westbrook both had a season 90+ passes with McNabb. 90 receptions... for a running back. That's crazy.

tk13
12-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I thought Duce Staley had 90 receptions once too... but I read it wrong. He had 90+ targets one year. That's still a ton. But his numbers came down once Westbrook came on board. They used to come at you with Staley/Buckhalter/Westbrook.

I think Reid would throw it downfield more, but that's not playing to the QB's strengths. And I'm not sure we have a great WR at stretching the field quite like that.

tk13
12-05-2014, 04:27 PM
As for RGIII. The problem is his biggest weapon was running the football. When he could run with the ball, he became one of the most dangerous weapons there is. Reid seems to make the most of whoever he has, but RGIII's success seems pretty much in line with how much defenses have to worry about him running.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2014, 04:28 PM
IMO, RG3 has an axe to grind with organization all the way to the trainers, and needs a change of scenery to fix his deficiencies of playing in the pocket more. He's a military kid so he knows about regimented structure and he went to an organization that doesn't have it.

Bewbies
12-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Sounds like you know RG3 well. Have yall whispered in each other's ears?

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Sounds like you know RG3 well. Have yall whispered in each other's ears?

Definitely all the way to getting free subs.

Easy 6
12-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Guys that can run like a deer rarely make great QB's in my book because thats what has made them successful from 7th grade through college and maybe even a year or two in the pro's.

Its what made them a star, its what drew the attention of scouts primarily, its what got them to where they are... its so ingrained in them that few can break it IMO, it may even sometimes (subconsciously?) prevent them from working hard enough on their pocket game.

Name all of the highly successful speedy and jukey QB's, and I dont mean guys that could scramble around well like Tarkenton, Elway, McNabb etc... I'm talking about the elite speedsters like Griffin, Vick etc.

Race... dont turn this into a race debate, Young was a 4.6 running back kinda guy that was able to break the mold, so was Cunningham... but do NOT turn this into a race debate, I'll take Warren Moon and even Byron Leftwich over a guy like a Griffin or Manziel or whoever, regardless of race.

Its all about being willing to stand in and deliver.

An elite athlete at QB is like expecting a gazelle to stand there and bluff a charging lion, they're just not going to do it, they're going to run more often than not when the heat is on... its what made them successful ALL of their lives.

O.city
12-05-2014, 04:46 PM
You've gotta win in the nfl from the pocket.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2014, 06:02 PM
The REAL angle is corralling Snatchz away from Chip Kelly.

Get 'er done.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2014, 06:34 PM

Trading a proven veteran QB for a injury prone QB who hasn't even proven he can run a standard NFL Offense? We would be giving picks?

beyond stupid

BigCatDaddy
12-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I'd trade straight up. It's like risking the $500 in your hand for what's behind door number 3.

stumppy
12-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Trading a proven veteran QB for a injury prone QB who hasn't even proven he can run a standard NFL Offense? We would be giving picks?

beyond stupid

BINGO !!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2014, 06:44 PM
For a 4th or a 5th? Absofuckinglutely.

Dante84
12-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Ha! Interesting if that rumor has any hint of legs. Makes me feel good for starting this thread a week ago, so we got off to an early start.

As proposed in that rumor, that trade sucks, unless, of course, the pick portion of it is 2 First rounders and RG3.

Right now, they are slotted to pick 6th overall, which is unfortunately too low to get Mariota or Winston or Cooper, and without them, fuck that.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 07:24 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nfl/500/kc.png?w=250&h=250&transparent=true (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs)Kansas City Chiefs (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs)

Mailbag: Will Chiefs go after RG III?

November, 29, 2014 Nov 29
9:00
AM ET

<cite class="byline"> By Adam Teicher (http://search.espn.go.com/adam-teicher/) | ESPN.com</cite>

[/URL]34 (https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2f%2fes.pn%2f12fiukW&t=Mailbag%3A+Will+Chiefs+go+after+RG+III%3F)
[URL="http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http%3A%2f%2fes.pn%2f12fiukW&text=Mailbag%3A+Will+Chiefs+go+after+RG+III%3F"]5 (http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http%3A%2f%2fes.pn%2f12fiukW&text=Mailbag%3A+Will+Chiefs+go+after+RG+III%3F)
Comments (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/9307/mailbag-will-chiefs-go-after-rg-iii#comments)18 (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/9307/mailbag-will-chiefs-go-after-rg-iii#comments)
Email (http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?id=9307&blogName=kansas-city-chiefs)
Print (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/print?id=9307)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Here is this week's edition of the Kansas City Chiefs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs) mailbag. To ask a question for a future edition, send it to me via Twitter (@adamteicher) and tag it #ChiefsMail.

@adamteicher: No. The Chiefs are committed to Smith in both the draft picks they had to give up to get him and the contract extension they signed him to over the summer. They're in no position and no mood to spend another pick or two and fork over money to Robert Griffin III (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14875/robert-griffin). Smith has met the expectations the Chiefs had when they traded for him. They can always change their mind on this but at this point I don't see it happening.

Dante84
12-05-2014, 07:29 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nfl/500/kc.png?w=250&h=250&transparent=true (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs)Kansas City Chiefs (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs)

AM ET

<cite class="byline"> By Adam Teicher (http://search.espn.go.com/adam-teicher/) | ESPN.com</cite>

[/URL]34 (https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2f%2fes.pn%2f12fiukW&t=Mailbag%3A+Will+Chiefs+go+after+RG+III%3F)
[URL="http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http%3A%2f%2fes.pn%2f12fiukW&text=Mailbag%3A+Will+Chiefs+go+after+RG+III%3F"]5 (http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=http%3A%2f%2fes.pn%2f12fiukW&text=Mailbag%3A+Will+Chiefs+go+after+RG+III%3F)
Comments (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/9307/mailbag-will-chiefs-go-after-rg-iii#comments)18 (http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/9307/mailbag-will-chiefs-go-after-rg-iii#comments)
Email (http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?id=9307&blogName=kansas-city-chiefs)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Here is this week's edition of the Kansas City Chiefs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs) mailbag. To ask a question for a future edition, send it to me via Twitter (@adamteicher) and tag it #ChiefsMail.

@adamteicher: No. The Chiefs are committed to Smith in both the draft picks they had to give up to get him and the contract extension they signed him to over the summer. They're in no position and no mood to spend another pick or two and fork over money to Robert Griffin III (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14875/robert-griffin). Smith has met the expectations the Chiefs had when they traded for him. They can always change their mind on this but at this point I don't see it happening.

Lol @ Teicher knowing anything going on behind closed doors. The dude is a narrator for what happened yesterday.

Also, thats from 11/29, prior to the tweets from today.

Easy 6
12-05-2014, 07:37 PM

AM ET

Its a love/hate with this group now.

If they truly want a Lombardi trophy, they'd better start surrounding Smith with some actual talent, bolster this defense and stop phoning in their game plans.

Its just a weird dichotomy, they've fixed so much in the year and 3/4 they've been here... yet way too much has remained the same or has gotten even worse. This cant go on, Clark has already felt the power of the fans and SOC was probably nothing compared to whats coming if this isnt straightened out soon.

The gblowfish guys holding season tickets for years on end are on their last legs and the new crowd isnt interested in investing in a perennial loser... this cant go on, treading water only to be swamped by a playoff wave in the first round isnt going to make any money and it isnt going to make his Pa proud.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Its a love/hate with this group now.

If they truly want a Lombardi trophy, they'd better start surrounding Smith with some actual talent, bolster this defense and stop phoning in their game plans.

Its just a weird dichotomy, they've fixed so much in the year and 3/4 they've been here... yet way too much has remained the same or has gotten even worse. This cant go on, Clark has already felt the power of the fans and SOC was probably nothing compared to whats coming if this isnt straightened out soon.

The gblowfish guys holding season tickets for years on end are on their last legs and the new crowd isnt interested in investing in a perennial loser... this cant go on, treading water only to be swamped by a playoff wave in the first round isnt going to make any money and it isnt going to make his Pa proud.

Hence my comment that KC could become a baseball town if Clark doesn't get his shit together, and that includes treading water because the Royals aren't.

Easy 6
12-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Hence my comment that KC could become a baseball town if Clark doesn't get his shit together, and that includes treading water because the Royals aren't.

As a family group, Clark heads up a gaggle of billionaires... if future fan disinterest/plunging season ticket sales doesnt wake them up, nothing will.

No good football fan or team wants Jerry Jones 2.0... but at some point Clark needs to realize that his foot fits comfortably in peoples asses, even if he might like them personally.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2014, 07:57 PM
As a family group, Clark heads up a gaggle of billionaires... if future fan disinterest/plunging season ticket sales doesnt wake them up, nothing will.

No good football fan or team wants Jerry Jones 2.0... but at some point Clark needs to realize that his foot fits comfortably in peoples asses, even if he might like them personally.

It definitely should, because the sports entertainment monopoly they've had in KC for 25 years is ending.

Dave Lane
12-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I'd trade straight up. It's like risking the $500 in your hand for what's behind door number 3.

Completely. Alex is never taking anyone anywhere. It's trading high floor very low ceiling for very high ceiling and just as low of a floor.

ILChief
12-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Completely. Alex is never taking anyone anywhere. It's trading high floor very low ceiling for very high ceiling and just as low of a floor.

I agree except RG3 has a much lower floor as we have seen the last two years

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Lol @ Teicher knowing anything going on behind closed doors. The dude is a narrator for what happened yesterday.

This is true. That guys makes CP look like the NSA of the NFL.

Marcellus
12-05-2014, 10:13 PM
The Chiefs are about to make the playoffs for 2 years in a row for the first time in 20 years and KC could become a baseball town if Clark doesn't get his shit together? (and who the fuck even knows what that means?)

LMAO

Some of you are way out of touch with reality. CP isn't they typical Chiefs fan.

BigCatDaddy
12-05-2014, 10:15 PM
The Chiefs are about to make the playoffs for 2 years in a row for the first time in 20 years and KC could become a baseball town if Clark doesn't get his shit together? (and who the **** even knows what that means?)

LMAO

Some of you are way out of touch with reality. CP isn't they typical Chiefs fan.

1. They aren't making the playoffs.

2. It's highly debatable if KC is a Chiefs or Royals town. I've never seen anything quite like the craze from the Royals fans this year. A winning baseball team in KC will trump the meh that is the Chiefs. We just haven't seen it for 25 years.

Marcellus
12-05-2014, 10:18 PM

2. It's highly debatable if KC is a Chiefs or Royals town. I've never seen anything quite like the craze from the Royals fans this year. A winning baseball team in KC will trump the meh that is the Chiefs.

Wait and see.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 10:27 PM

To even suggest that the Chiefs would trade Alex Smith for RGME is ludicrous.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 10:30 PM

2. It's highly debatable if KC is a Chiefs or Royals town. I've never seen anything quite like the craze from the Royals fans this year. A winning baseball team in KC will trump the meh that is the Chiefs. We just haven't seen it for 25 years.

LMAO

75,000 people don't show up at every Chiefs game

600,000 fans attend eight Chiefs games. 2 million attend 80 Royals games.

BigCatDaddy
12-05-2014, 10:39 PM
LMAO

75,000 people don't show up at every Chiefs game

600,000 fans attend eight Chiefs games. 2 million attend 80 Royals games.

Obviously only have 1 game a week and it being on a weekend football games will have a higher attendance then baseball. It will be interesting to see the Royals attendance next year though after the remarkable year they had.

I'd probably guess even in 85 more people attended Chief games then Royal games, but that doesn't mean it was a Chiefs town back then. Ideally it wouldn't be one or the other, but they push each other to own the town. Maybe the Royals being good lights a little fire under the Chiefs organization.

It's a slow process, but I can see things start to balance out and my eventually tilt in the Royals direction.

Dante84
12-05-2014, 10:43 PM
You guys, Fuck RG3

Turn on the Pac-12 championship and watch Mariota rape.

This guy... is fucking unbelievable.

We have to trade up for him. He's.... so good.

BigCatDaddy
12-05-2014, 10:44 PM
You guys, **** RG3

This guy... is ****ing unbelievable.

Not sure we have the ammo to move up like that.

Reerun_KC
12-05-2014, 10:48 PM
damaged goods. Do not want. No more broke ass rejects.

Rg3 is a shit pile of suck. fuck that loser.

ThaVirus
12-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Guys that can run like a deer rarely make great QB's in my book because thats what has made them successful from 7th grade through college and maybe even a year or two in the pro's.

Its what made them a star, its what drew the attention of scouts primarily, its what got them to where they are... its so ingrained in them that few can break it IMO, it may even sometimes (subconsciously?) prevent them from working hard enough on their pocket game.

Name all of the highly successful speedy and jukey QB's, and I dont mean guys that could scramble around well like Tarkenton, Elway, McNabb etc... I'm talking about the elite speedsters like Griffin, Vick etc.

Race... dont turn this into a race debate, Young was a 4.6 running back kinda guy that was able to break the mold, so was Cunningham... but do NOT turn this into a race debate, I'll take Warren Moon and even Byron Leftwich over a guy like a Griffin or Manziel or whoever, regardless of race.

Its all about being willing to stand in and deliver.

An elite athlete at QB is like expecting a gazelle to stand there and bluff a charging lion, they're just not going to do it, they're going to run more often than not when the heat is on... its what made them successful ALL of their lives.

You racist piece of shit. I knew it!

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2014, 10:50 PM
The Chiefs are about to make the playoffs for 2 years in a row for the first time in 20 years and KC could become a baseball town if Clark doesn't get his shit together? (and who the fuck even knows what that means?)

LMAO

The Royals made it to the series, if this becomes constant as the Royals are becoming a legit contender then yes the Chiefs would be in deep shit considering that fans would rather put their money in an elite product instead of average one.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Obviously only have 1 game a week and it being on a weekend football games will have a higher attendance then baseball. It will be interesting to see the Royals attendance next year though after the remarkable year they had.

I'd probably guess even in 85 more people attended Chief games then Royal games, but that doesn't mean it was a Chiefs town back then. Ideally it wouldn't be one or the other, but they push each other to own the town. Maybe the Royals being good lights a little fire under the Chiefs organization.

It's a slow process, but I can see things start to balance out and my eventually tilt in the Royals direction.

It's always been a Chiefs town. Always, always, always.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 10:57 PM
You guys, Fuck RG3

Welcome to football

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 10:59 PM
The Royals made it to the series, if this becomes constant as the Royals are becoming a legit contender then yes the Chiefs would be in deep shit considering that fans would rather put their money in an elite product instead of average one.

Nah.

If the Chiefs and Royals were competing against each other, it might be an issue. But the Chiefs are ingrained in KC's psyche and fans will always want to attend games in October, November and December, regardless of the where the Royals finish.

Dante84
12-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Welcome to football

I don't watch much PAC 12... this is only my second Oregon game of the season.

The 4 or so games of his that I've watched this year and last, he's always impressed, but I always chalked it up to the system.

No.

His arm is sick.

He is super accurate.

His feel for the passrush and presence in the pocket is elite for the college level.

I want him no matter what.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2014, 11:22 PM

You've also proposed trading for a guy that hasn't won a football game since 2012.

RunKC
12-06-2014, 12:27 AM
I'm actually more interested in seeing how Aaron Murray is doing than RG3.

The only team I could see desiring RG3 is Philly but the Skins wouldn't trade him in the division.

Dante84
12-06-2014, 12:45 AM
You've also proposed trading for a guy that hasn't won a football game since 2012.

I've proposed flipping a 5th round pick (in a year that we'll have ~11 picks) for a former Heisman-winning, 24 year old quarterback, yes.

DaneMcCloud
12-06-2014, 12:58 AM
I've proposed flipping a 5th round pick (in a year that we'll have ~11 picks) for a former Heisman-winning, 24 year old quarterback, yes.

No, you've proposed trading for a QB that hasn't won an NFL game since 2012.

What he did in college, after three years in the NFL, is irrelevant.

jonzie04
12-06-2014, 05:23 AM
no idea why everyone here hates rg3. his rookie season was better than any year of smiths decade long career. his career passer rating is 8 pts higher than smiths, and hes completing 5% more passes than smith this season. i can understand not wanting a franchise qb made of glass... but if you think he sucks, then smith sucks just as bad if not worse.

Eleazar
12-06-2014, 07:14 AM
no idea why everyone here hates rg3. his rookie season was better than any year of smiths decade long career. his career passer rating is 8 pts higher than smiths, and hes completing 5% more passes than smith this season. i can understand not wanting a franchise qb made of glass... but if you think he sucks, then smith sucks just as bad if not worse.

http://i.giphy.com/iluqL2zXi1PrO.gif

beach tribe
12-06-2014, 07:35 AM

Hmmmm.

notorious
12-06-2014, 07:43 AM
You guys, **** RG3

This guy... is ****ing unbelievable.

Yeah.

The ultimate system QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2014, 07:51 AM
You guys, Fuck RG3

I don't watch much PAC 12... this is only my second Oregon game of the season.

The 4 or so games of his that I've watched this year and last, he's always impressed, but I always chalked it up to the system.

No.

His arm is sick.

He is super accurate.

His feel for the passrush and presence in the pocket is elite for the college level.

Have you forgotten which franchise this is? Did Dorsey suddenly get bold in life? Let it go.

Beef Supreme
12-06-2014, 10:17 AM
If RG3 goes for a 4th or a 5th, that would be a hell of a tough pill to swallow for the Redskins who gave up a boatload of picks to move up and get him.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2014, 10:32 AM
You guys, Fuck RG3

Not sure we have the ammo to move up like that.
LMAO

Every year there somebody we just have to trade up for and each time we don't have the ammo.

Dorsey has spent the last 18 months building up an army of comp picks and cleaning salary cap. We still are in cap hell and don't have the ammo.

because ..... Chiefs

Lex Luthor
12-06-2014, 10:38 AM
LMAO

Every year there somebody we just have to trade up for and each time we don't have the ammo.

Dorsey has spent the last 18 months building up an army of comp picks and cleaning salary cap. We still are in cap hell and don't have the ammo.

because ..... Chiefs

You would have cum in your pants if the Chiefs had traded 3 first round picks for a chance to move up and draft RG III....

And so would half of the posters on this site.

Because ........ Chiefsplanet

By the way, how did that work out for the Redskins again?

At least they tried!!!! /CP

Mr. Laz
12-06-2014, 10:40 AM
You would have cum in your pants if the Chiefs had traded 3 first round picks for a chance to move up and draft RG III....

And so would half of the posters on this site.

Because ........ Chiefsplanet

By the way, how did that work out for the Redskins again?

At least they tried!!!! /CP
umm ... you missed my point completely

The redskins got robbed and i said so last year when the trade happened.