PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: 2015's defensive leadership.

Direckshun
11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
What a difference a week makes.

It's likely the Chiefs move on from both Hali and DJ this offseason. Now, of course, Eric Berry's gone.

That is a dramatic void of leadership. How do you think the Chiefs compensate?

Poe has emerged as a bigtime leader on the DL. Houston is the defense's version of Dwayne Bowe -- very positive guy who goes about his job. He doesn't come across as a guy to lead a locker room.

Abdullah is clearly critical in the secondary, but he's only on one more year.

Thoughts?

OldSchool
11-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Mike Catapano.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2014, 12:59 AM
Two words:

Dee Ford

Tribal Warfare
11-27-2014, 02:07 AM
Two words:

Dee Ford

needs hang around Tamba to learn technique and produce on the field before being a vocal presence in the locker room.

Jamie
11-27-2014, 03:08 AM
I think this is exactly why they keep DJ. His contract isn't that bad, I can live with paying him 110% of what Chase Daniel makes.

loochy
11-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Two words:

Dee Ford

I think this is a joke.

I hope this is a joke.

It's probably a joke...right?

Why Not?
11-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Bring back Sabby Piscatelli. Profit.

Titty Meat
11-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Why do we keep talking about next year when the team is in the playoff hunt?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-27-2014, 09:07 AM
What a difference a week makes.

It's likely the Chiefs move on from both Hali and DJ this offseason. Now, of course, Eric Berry's gone.

That is a dramatic void of leadership. How do you think the Chiefs compensate?

Poe has emerged as a bigtime leader on the DL. Houston is the defense's version of Dwayne Bowe -- very positive guy who goes about his job. He doesn't come across as a guy to lead a locker room.

Abdullah is clearly critical in the secondary, but he's only on one more year.

Thoughts?

You may purchase my royalty payment for this topic in multiple pos-reps over the coming days.

Thank you.

tmax63
11-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Houston and Poe

Wallcrawler
11-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Im seeing DJ retained. Its worth it to find out if he can come back from that injury. If he does, he's been a leader on that defense for years. Im also figuring that they find a way to restructure and keep Hali.

If Eric Berry truly cannot play for us next season, that salary cap relief right there is more than enough to keep Hali on board next season.

Hoover
11-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Hard to commit to paying DJ 5MM next season with the injury he had this year. I think of it this way, would you rather keep a health Hali or a recovering DJ? I'd love to have them both, but I don't know if it makes sense to do it.

We are seeing the transition of this defense. From being led by guys like Berry, Flowers, and DJ to a defense led by Poe, Houston, and maybe Bailey.

This happens. The good news is that we have young stud who can lead the defense. People need to accept the fact that our defense is based on Houston and Poe. We MUST pay them, as they are the future. Its hard to move on from great players like Berry, Hali, and DJ but it doesn't make sense to pay them the coin they deserve when they have a short window.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-27-2014, 02:36 PM
1) Houston is the leader of the defense. He rounds up the guys every pre-game.

2) DJ isn't going anywhere, I doubt.

3) No use in trying to discuss this in the midst of playoff hunt, and simply not knowing who may be here. For all we know Tamba will be back for much less $, though he probably wouldn't play more than 50% of the time.

Just enjoy this year for now. This team has potential.

Rain Man
11-27-2014, 02:45 PM
If we look at the heir apparent for different positions, we see ...

Dee Ford stepping in for Hali. It would appear that this is planned.
Will Mauga or JMJ continue to start if DJ leaves, or will they bring someone in?
Abdullah and Parker appear to be the starters if Berry doesn't play.

Mauga has been making the defensive play calls, which seems like a leadership position. Otherwise, I would think that the most established veteran on the team is Sean Smith, right? Poe and Houston are the biggest stars, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're the leaders of the defense.

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 08:01 PM
1) Bring back Tamba Hali if at all possible.
2) If DJ can still stuff a run play like his old self and even approximate the pass coverage, keep him if at all possible.
3) Houston > Bowe and it isnt even close, sorry Dwayne but it is what it is.
4) Bailey is locked up and we should all be glad for it... but Cat will be there again, I dont care what anyone says, thats an exciting prospect.
5) Abdullah is the coolest Muslim of all time, right next to Ali... lets keep him around for a while.

Chiefshrink
11-27-2014, 08:09 PM
I think this is exactly why they keep DJ. His contract isn't that bad, I can live with paying him 110% of what Chase Daniel makes.

DJ will never be the DJ of old not only because he is coming off an achilles injury but he is older.;)

Chiefshrink
11-27-2014, 08:13 PM
3) Houston > Bowe and it isnt even close, sorry Dwayne but it is what it is.
4) Bailey is locked up and we should all be glad for it... but Cat will be there again, I dont care what anyone says, thats an exciting prospect.
5) Abdullah is the coolest Muslim of all time, right next to Ali... lets keep him around for a while.

Agree about No.3. No reason to pay insane $$ to possession WR that still struggles with ADD of the hands in crucial moments;)

Did anybody ever find out what's up with Cat's situation?

Abdullah sees you as an 'infidel' Easy !!;)

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Agree about No.3. No reason to pay insane $$ to possession WR that still struggles with ADD of the hands in crucial moments;)

Did anybody ever find out what's up with Cat's situation?

Abdullah sees you as an 'infidel' Easy !!;)

Catapano bulked up and worked on his technique like a FIEND this offseason, theres no reason to doubt his commitment for this coming year I agree... but Abdullah, I hope you were just joking.

That guy is an American style Muslim if ever there was one, I'm sure you feel the same Shrink... he probably doesnt see me at all other than a face in the crowd or worse.