PDA

View Full Version : Life ***** The Official I'm full as hell Thanksgiving check in thread *****

TribalElder
11-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Full as hell

Happy Thanksgiving

Bufkin
11-27-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm stuffed. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Remember the reason for the season.

TribalElder
11-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Asparagus turkey noodles stuffing taters gravy cranberry sauce rolls deviled eggs and some other random shit I'm forgetting

What you feasting on

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 02:12 PM
We actually had ours yesterday since its when my kids could be here, but I loaded up a plate of leftovers around 11 this morning... another hour of digestion and I'll be ready for my dessert of beer and vodka.

Why Not?
11-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Still in the anticipatory stage. We eat in 45 min! Can't wait

eDave
11-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Alone here. It's cool. Had some pizza rolls.

Happy Thanksgiving CP.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2014, 02:17 PM
what the hell giant GIF sig?

Bufkin
11-27-2014, 02:19 PM
what the hell giant GIF sig?
Sorry that I love the Chiefs and like repping them asshole.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Sorry that I love the Chiefs and like repping them asshole.

we have rules here.

you are breaking them.

reported.

eDave
11-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Personal Happy Thanksgiving to you Clay.

Bufkin
11-27-2014, 02:22 PM
we have rules here.

you are breaking them.

reported.
It's not even that big.

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Alone here. It's cool. Had some pizza rolls.

Happy Thanksgiving CP.

Alone with pizza rolls?

:huh: prayers sent.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2014, 02:24 PM
It's not even that big.

It's 3MB and it's far too tall.

No one needs to see that.

Bufkin
11-27-2014, 02:25 PM
It's 3MB and it's far too tall.

No one needs to see that.
I hate you so much.

TribalElder
11-27-2014, 02:26 PM
CP family dispute

I was lacking a family dispute today :clap:

Hammock Parties
11-27-2014, 02:26 PM
I hate you so much.

Jul 2014.

Get under the heel of my boot, n00b.

Titty Meat
11-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Im fucking starving we dont eat til 4

Bugeater
11-27-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm on call for my stupid job today so we're doing ours tomorrow.

TimeForWasp
11-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Two big thick steaks from Costco. No veggies, no taters, no pumkin pie. Just spiced up meat.

TimBone
11-27-2014, 03:09 PM
We're headed over to my buddies house at 5pm for Thanksgiving. We go there anytime we don't make the trip home. He and his family are full blood mexican, so it's always a little bit of a twist on Thanksgiving food. For example, Instead of Pumpkin pie it's usually pumpkin flan. His wife can freaking throw down in the kitchen, so I'm really looking forward to it.

mdchiefsfan
11-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Ow. That is all

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 03:32 PM
We're headed over to my buddies house at 5pm for Thanksgiving. We go there anytime we don't make the trip home. He and his family are full blood mexican, so it's always a little bit of a twist on Thanksgiving food. For example, Instead of Pumpkin pie it's usually pumpkin flan. His wife can freaking throw down in the kitchen, so I'm really looking forward to it.

That sounds absolutely awesome, I'd pay good money to go to a home cooked Mexican style Thanksgiving.

Reerun_KC
11-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Two big thick steaks from Costco. No veggies, no taters, no pumkin pie. Just spiced up meat.
Beastmode

seclark
11-27-2014, 03:47 PM
getting ready to eat now.
sec

Lonewolf Ed
11-27-2014, 03:57 PM
My turkey is still in the oven, so dinner is going to be a bit after 6 pm local time. I am hungry for the big dinner now, but I can manage for 2 hours and a few minutes more.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Ate at 1:00.

Leftovers for dinner in about an hour.

Why Not?
11-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Full as hell now

GloryDayz
11-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Ate smart, full, but no pain.

TribalElder
11-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Cheesecake on deck

Dessert: The Rally

seclark
11-27-2014, 06:02 PM
just finished. gonna go lay a cable, then a slice of pecan pie.
sec

cabletech94
11-27-2014, 06:16 PM
had the regular nosh. all wonderful from us and my mother in law.

sister in law brought over a pecan pie that was saturated with JD. it was fantastic!!! and i'm on call. don't even care!!!!!

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 06:27 PM
just finished. Gonna go lay a cable, then a slice of pecan pie.
sec

LMAO

Simply Red
11-27-2014, 06:28 PM
I feel like shit - I never eat like that - Mom decides to use Butter crisco in the crust for the pumpkin pie - I feel like total shit.

Simply Red
11-27-2014, 06:29 PM
sec

I laid some cable a bit ago - It had corn from yesterday's chick fila cobb salad.

Simply Red
11-27-2014, 06:31 PM

see that's what I needed - not the carb overload I had. Man I'm entirely sick from that.

Bugeater
11-27-2014, 06:36 PM
sec
I prefer to call it "growing a tail" but I guess that works too.

TribalElder
11-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Made it home safely. Blessed today.

Drove past a Walmart and the parking lot was completely full

Those poor souls. I will pray for them.

Simply Red
11-27-2014, 07:09 PM
I hate feeling like this!

redfan
11-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Too stuffed even for pie, gonna eat it later for a "midnight" snack.
Git yer bloat on!!

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 07:43 PM
I hate feeling like this!

Why? now is a time of plenty... and if we're lucky its also a time of familial love and reconnection.

I LOVE that fat as shit feeling after a good gorging, half asleep watching gladiatorial battles on tv... the only thing missing is a vomitorium.

Buzz
11-27-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm full, other than a few jerks driving way too fast, made it home fine. Sipping a few beers now and watching the game. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Lonewolf Ed
11-27-2014, 08:00 PM
That was one extra special Thanksgiving dinner, and not just because my turkey was so tender that it was hard to cut, since it just fell off the bones! It was so special because a few months back, I didn't know for sure that I would still be here. As I ate my turkey, red cabbage, mashed potatoes, and salad, I felt so grateful to be enjoying that feast. If I had died before now, my parents surely wouldn't have enjoyed dinner tonight. I doubt that they would feel any joy at all if they lost me, and at their ages (dad is almost 87 and mom is 92), they probably wouldn't last too long after such a shock.

I'm looking forward to another turkey dinner at Christmas, since I fully expect to be here next month. If these turn out to be my last turkey dinners on Thanksgiving and Christmas, at least I will know they were some of the very best I ever had. I know this since I plan to make the turkey exactly the same way as tonight's!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Some sweet rib farts are swinging now.

TribalElder
11-27-2014, 08:16 PM
That was one extra special Thanksgiving dinner, and not just because my turkey was so tender that it was hard to cut, since it just fell off the bones! It was so special because a few months back, I didn't know for sure that I would still be here. As I ate my turkey, red cabbage, mashed potatoes, and salad, I felt so grateful to be enjoying that feast. If I had died before now, my parents surely wouldn't have enjoyed dinner tonight. I doubt that they would feel any joy at all if they lost me, and at their ages (dad is almost 87 and mom is 92), they probably wouldn't last too long after such a shock.

I'm looking forward to another turkey dinner at Christmas, since I fully expect to be here next month. If these turn out to be my last turkey dinners on Thanksgiving and Christmas, at least I will know they were some of the very best I ever had. I know this since I plan to make the turkey exactly the same way as tonight's!

Fuck yeah Ed! :clap:

Buzz
11-27-2014, 08:24 PM

Keep on keeping on my friend.

Dayze
11-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Smoked turkey. Taters and gravy. Stuffed shells with ricotta and herbs. Homemade sauce. Meatballs. Stuffing. Pumpkin and French silk pie. Makers mark and some glasses of ménage a tois wine.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Smoked turkey. Taters and gravy. Stuffed shells with ricotta and herbs. Homemade sauce. Meatballs. Stuffing. Pumping and French silk pie. Makers mark and some glasses of ménage a tois wine.

That sounds nice.

MahiMike
11-27-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm stuffed. Let me see what's in the fridge.

GloryDayz
11-27-2014, 08:36 PM

I'm looking forward to another turkey dinner at Christmas, since I fully expect to be here next month. If these turn out to be my last turkey dinners on Thanksgiving and Christmas, at least I will know they were some of the very best I ever had. I know this since I plan to make the turkey exactly the same way as tonight's!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 08:47 PM

STOP WITH THIS BULLSHIT... and get back to us in 2040, you'll be here then if you would just quit chainsawing logs for 4 hours a day you big manly man you!!!

Remember my advice... activity is good - human mule work is bad LMAO

kcxiv
11-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Time for pie!!!!

Lonewolf Ed
11-27-2014, 08:55 PM
STOP WITH THIS BULLSHIT... and get back to us in 2040, you'll be here then if you would just quit chainsawing logs for 4 hours a day you big manly man you!!!

Remember my advice... activity is good - human mule work is bad LMAO

I haven't chainsawed anything this month, even though I need to badly!

Munson
11-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Had my usual turkey, honey ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and grave, and rolls. I didn't stuff my face as much as usual. Later tonight, I'll have to help myself to a midnight snack of apple pie.

Easy 6
11-27-2014, 08:59 PM

I GOTTA LOTTA PROBLEMS WITH YOU ED AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA HEAR ABOUT IT!

Buzz
11-27-2014, 09:00 PM

Need too or want too, doing work always makes me feel better, your a fighter, keep on fighting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-27-2014, 09:01 PM

It's time to go home buddy.

BucEyedPea
11-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Hors D'oeuvres
Crabdip and a Relish Tray

Appetizer
Velvety Pumpkin Bisque
Served in a small white pumpkin each
Garnished with Pumpkin Seeds, a few dried Cranberries and Nutmeg

Entrée
Turkey, Gravy, Sage/Thyme Bread Dressing
Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
Mashed Potatoes
Butternut Squash
Green Beans with Mushrooms
Warm Corn Bread and Cranberry Nut Bread

Choice of Desserts
Pumpkin Pie with Freshly Whipped Cream
Warm Pecan Pie Tartlettes
Nutella Cake with Hazlenut Acorn Decorations for Birthday Cake
Häagen-Daz Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Coffee: Starbuck's Café Verona

After all the tasting, I barely felt like eating anything because I was satisfied sooner. I'm sick of food.

Buzz
11-27-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm stuffed. Let me see what's in the fridge.

I'm starting to get hungry, could you make me a turkey sammich?

BucEyedPea
11-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Ah, yes I forgot the drink was Sauvignon Blanc with the meal. No kids this time.

Lonewolf Ed
11-27-2014, 10:33 PM

Caps lock allllllll you want, it changes nothing! I need more firewood! I am not sure where I am going to get it yet, but the need is there. I'm running low out in the barn!

Tacoman
11-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Hell yeah Ed!!!

Buck
11-28-2014, 01:04 AM
Healthy Thanksgiving was a success.

16 oz Top Sirloin Steak w/ Sauteed Mushrooms and Onion
Asparagus (cooked in butter and garlic)
Steamed Cauliflower

I only finished half my plate, but probably 3/4 of the steak.

Glad I didn't pig the fuck out and regret it for 3 days.

crazycoffey
11-28-2014, 01:43 AM
I just ate 2 eggrolls from QT, I'm full as hell

kcxiv
11-28-2014, 01:45 AM
i HAD TURKEY BREAST A LITTLE mashed taters, a huge bowl of Menudo! And a slice of pumpkin pie. I didnt really overdo it this year lol

GloryDayz
11-28-2014, 06:10 AM
I just ate 2 eggrolls from QT, I'm full as hell
ROFL

GloryDayz
11-28-2014, 06:11 AM
i HAD TURKEY BREAST A LITTLE mashed taters, a huge bowl of Menudo! And a slice of pumpkin pie. I didnt really overdo it this year lol
What's menudo?

kcxiv
11-28-2014, 08:07 AM
What's menudo?its something im about to get more of in about 5 min!

Lonewolf Ed
11-28-2014, 08:32 AM
What's menudo?

Cow stomach soup. Smells sort of like boiling a purse when it cooks.

kcxiv
11-28-2014, 08:36 AM

but tastes oooh sooo good lol smells like ass no doubt about it. I dont eat the pigs feet either. i leave that shit in the pot.

HonestChieffan
11-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Jesus you made me spit!

HonestChieffan
11-28-2014, 08:45 AM
I got the wife home from the hospital, picked up $600 of pills at CVS and cooked her up a shrimp pasta, heart healthy dinner. I popped a great Cabernet. She couldn't have any and I have seen that stuff go bad so fast, I went ahead and finished it after she turned in for her first night not having blood drawn or vitals checked in middle of the night.

What do you do for the nursing staff in a cardiac ward to say thank you? My lord, they were spectacular at St Luke's South.

stumppy
11-28-2014, 09:22 AM
I ate just enought to leave room for desert. This year it was a bottle of Gran Patron Platinum. Never have been a fan of tequila but holy shit. It's a good thing I can't afford to drink that stuff on a regular basis, I'd have to change my name from stumppy to stupor.........drunken.

Dayze
11-28-2014, 09:35 AM
yeah; that's the best tequila I've ever had.
its like $200/bottle though I think lol. it's 'dangerous' good.

stumppy
11-28-2014, 09:48 AM
yeah; that's the best tequila I've ever had.
its like $200/bottle though I think lol. it's 'dangerous' good.

I just looked it up. $195. After I took my first drink I said ' It seems to be missing something.........oh yea, that shitty taste tequila has'. Never developed a taste for any kind of straight alcohol until now.

Dayze
11-28-2014, 09:55 AM
there are lots of good tequilas out there too. that 'tequila' taste you mention is most prevlelant in the shitty bottles in that $20 range. hence why one needs to use salt and lime etc and shoot it or mix it in a margarita.

i typically sip my tequila; maybe with a nice cigar etc. good tequila doesn't need to be shot or mixed with anything. it's perfectly fine being enjoyed sipped/neat. in fact, I'd even venture to say that good tequila offers a really cool experience on its' own/neat - lots of flavors, spiciness, aromatics etc.

I'm a huge tequila freak though. :)

stumppy
11-28-2014, 10:04 AM
My friend, who brought the bottle poured everyone a shot. After we toasted I was thinking...tequila....shot glass....hmmm....shoot it like any tequila. The look on his face was pretty funny when he said..uh.....I was just going to sip mine but...uh...oh well.

Dayze
11-28-2014, 10:10 AM
LMAO

been there before when pouring good tequila. it really is to be expected though (shooting it etc), since most have only been exposed to the gut rot tequila in the past etc. and most have had horrible experiences with it and can't fathom that it can actually be 'good' ettc. hell, i was one of them at one ponit until about 10

years ago when I started trying out TONS of different tequilas at this mexican restaurant we would go to nearly every week. the bar was stocked with shit i'd never seen or heard of. The owner would routinely buy new bottles for us to try (since he knew we were in there so often and usually always had a few); usually giving us a free shot out of it.

Or, if it was too expensive of a shot he would ask "what do you think you would pay for one". I'd give a general price based on other preimum tequila prices and he would say "ok. that'll work". Great place. No longer there unfortunately.

Speaking of Gran patron - the first time I had it was my BIL's 30th birthday. his buddies chipped in a bought him a bottle. Prior to that, i had heard of it, but never seen it at restaurants. one day, I happened to notice a bottle of it behind the bar and asked the bartender how much for a shot, and she said "$50" LMAO. Uh...pass.

kcxiv
11-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Jesus you made me spit!so good

stumppy
11-28-2014, 10:22 AM
LMAO

been there before when pouring good tequila. it really is to be expected though (shooting it etc), since most have only been exposed to the gut rot tequila in the past etc. and most have had horrible experiences with it and can't fathom that it can actually be 'good' ettc. hell, i was one of them at one ponit until about 10

years ago when I started trying out TONS of different tequilas at this mexican restaurant we would go to nearly every week. the bar was stocked with shit i'd never seen or heard of. The owner would routinely buy new bottles for us to try (since he knew we were in there so often and usually always had a few); usually giving us a free shot out of it.

Or, if it was too expensive of a shot he would ask "what do you think you would pay for one". I'd give a general price based on other preimum tequila prices and he would say "ok. that'll work". Great place. No longer there unfortunately.

Speaking of Gran patron - the first time I had it was my BIL's 30th birthday. his buddies chipped in a bought him a bottle. Prior to that, i had heard of it, but never seen it at restaurants. one day, I happened to notice a bottle of it behind the bar and asked the bartender how much for a shot, and she said "$50" LMAO. Uh...pass.
:D
Holly shit. $50 a shot. Hell, If I was rock star rich I don't think I could bring myself to pay that for a shot of anything.

BucEyedPea
11-28-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm a huge tequila freak though. :)

I love it too.