PDA

View Full Version : Football the ESPN playoff machine

Crying Ramtard
11-28-2014, 09:54 PM
this will be the NFC west scenario or very close to it

edit: sorry, I forgot to add the link so you can do it..here
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine#

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/NFL%20PICKs/ps1_zpsa1a45914.png
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/NFL%20PICKs/pps_zpsa73535a4.png
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/NFL%20PICKs/pss2_zps778c44d3.png

cj2wr
11-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Terrible

Bugeater
11-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Okay!

ThaVirus
11-28-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm going to be pissed off at any of those shit teams that make the playoffs from the NFC South. Hosting the game or not, they're likely going to draw Dallas, Detroit, or Seattle and they're going to get fucking SLAUGHTERED.

RealSNR
11-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Goodell called me 5 minutes ago and told me you'd post this.

Hydrae
11-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Heh, SF is not making the playoffs. Of course I have been saying that since before the season started.

11-29-2014, 01:05 AM
I'm going to be pissed off at any of those shit teams that make the playoffs from the NFC South. Hosting the game or not, they're likely going to draw Dallas, Detroit, or Seattle and they're going to get ****ing SLAUGHTERED.

Ask New Orleans about Seattle.

bowener
11-29-2014, 02:12 AM
After this season and the dumpster fire going on in the NFC South, I fully expect the NFL to change the playoff seeding for the future.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 02:33 AM
After this season and the dumpster fire going on in the NFC South, I fully expect the NFL to change the playoff seeding for the future.

thats their plan in the first place. Cards fail with a winning record and the nfc south( you are incredibly gullible if you think that can really happen to an entire division)

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 02:34 AM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/NFL%20PICKs/afcnfc_zps427a5d53.png (http://s600.photobucket.com/user/ram29jackson/media/NFL%20PICKs/afcnfc_zps427a5d53.png.html)

Rausch
11-29-2014, 02:42 AM
thats their plan in the first place. Cards fail with a winning record and the nfc south( you are incredibly gullible if you think that can really happen to an entire division)

http://replygif.net/i/563.gif

notorious
11-29-2014, 07:49 AM
If Rams gets this right, I guess this will prove some of his theories.

Bugeater
11-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Huh? He's already posted 3 different scenarios for the NFC. He's a fucktard.

cdcox
11-29-2014, 09:29 AM

A loosing team making the playoffs every few years is a statistical certainty. It doesn't prove anything or demonstrate the need to change the current format.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-29-2014, 09:29 AM
have us losing to the Steelers and Cards but going 10-6 and playing the Colts of course

Mr. Arrowhead
11-29-2014, 09:31 AM
also have Dallas missing the playoffs at 11-5 while Saints get in at 7-9

Bugeater
11-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Now THAT will make me LOL.

Dunerdr
11-29-2014, 09:43 AM

That would make my year

LoneWolf
11-29-2014, 11:13 AM

If the Cards make the playoffs, will you put a shotgun in your mouth and end the insanity for all of us?

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 12:15 PM
A loosing team making the playoffs every few years is a statistical certainty. It doesn't prove anything or demonstrate the need to change the current format.

LOL it will have only happened twice in the last how many ever years. It never has been a statistical certainty. amd the idea that 4 teams are doing it at the same time is pure bull.

Bugeater
11-29-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what ramtard's point is with this thread.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 12:19 PM
If the Cards make the playoffs, will you put a shotgun in your mouth and end the insanity for all of us?

no..because me getting that right or wrong doesn't prove or disprove games are staged.

but they have to bring the drama so you are interested in the last 2 weeks and a 3 way tie that either gets a team a 2 seed or entirely out of the playoffs is a fantastic scenario.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 12:26 PM
I put the link up so you guys could mess with it too and show yours. So come on!

RealSNR
11-29-2014, 12:36 PM
LOL it will have only happened twice in the last how many ever years. It never has been a statistical certainty. amd the idea that 4 teams are doing it at the same time is pure bull.

When the NFL moved to 4-team divisions in 2002, this was always going to be a possibility. Nothing has changed.

tk13
11-29-2014, 01:00 PM
This is what I got. Place your bets now.

http://i.imgur.com/DF05TbO.jpg

RealSNR
11-29-2014, 01:07 PM

An NFL playoff scenario with ZERO horse teams?

That's the kind of thing I fantasize about when I masturbate

DaFace
11-29-2014, 01:10 PM
You aren't a very intelligent person.

Hootie
11-29-2014, 01:23 PM
I told everyone after the Chiefs loss Seattle was still going to win that division and I still think it happens.

They'll beat Philly next week.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 01:53 PM
You aren't a very intelligent person.

the fact that 4 teams are doing it at the same time in the same division is pure bull

ThaVirus
11-29-2014, 01:56 PM
What's bull about it? That division has been a toss up for a long time now. I want to say no team has won the division in back to back years since 2002 or something ridiculous like that.

It was only a matter of time until they all collapsed simultaneously.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 01:56 PM
When the NFL moved to 4-team divisions in 2002, this was always going to be a possibility. Nothing has changed.

being possibility does not excuse the obsessive absurdity of the nfc south.

that said, of course when they separated the divisions it was premeditated to have an excuse to create this scenario to add more playoff teams.

Bugeater
11-29-2014, 02:29 PM
being possibility does not excuse the obsessive absurdity of the nfc south.

that said, of course when they separated the divisions it was premeditated to have an excuse to create this scenario to add more playoff teams.
You're not making a damn bit of sense. The realignment didn't add any more playoff teams.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 02:38 PM
You're not making a damn bit of sense. The realignment didn't add any more playoff teams.

pay attention. I said the NFL premeditated adding a division and having losing teams make the playoffs and teams with good winning records not make playoffs so they could then add another playoff team which they will do soon.

IE they already knew they were going to years ago and created a scenario that will give them an excuse to make it look like to you that they are solving a recent problem.

Bugeater
11-29-2014, 02:50 PM
pay attention. I said the NFL premeditated adding a division and having losing teams make the playoffs and teams with good winning records not make playoffs so they could then add another playoff team which they will do soon.

IE they already knew they were going to years ago and created a scenario that will give them an excuse to make it look like to you that they are solving a recent problem.
Oh good grief, if the NFL wanted to add more playoff teams they'd do it. They don't need excuses, they do whatever they want. You are seriously fucked in the head.

ILChief
11-29-2014, 02:53 PM
I hate the idea of seven playoff teams per conference. I would rather go to eight and get rid of byes

mikey23545
11-29-2014, 02:55 PM
An NFL playoff scenario with ZERO horse teams?

That's the kind of thing I fantasize about when I masturbate

As does Eric Berry.

Too soon?

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Oh good grief, if the NFL wanted to add more playoff teams they'd do it. They don't need excuses, they do whatever they want. You are seriously ****ed in the head.

they are intelligent lawyers/multibillionaires. They can create a scenario and make you buy the reason why. Of course they can just do it but they have to make people believe their opinions matter. But opinions are easily swayed and influenced.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 02:58 PM
someone actually try the machine and link it..theres link tools in the lower left on the machine page

Chiefs Pantalones
11-29-2014, 03:03 PM
The Cardinals' season is about to go down in flames in the playoffs. Sucks for them they had a good regular season.

Easy 6
11-29-2014, 03:07 PM

LMAO a more fitting gif for ramtard does not exist.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 03:15 PM
what old movie is that from ?

cdcox
11-29-2014, 03:42 PM
the fact that 4 teams are doing it at the same time in the same division is pure bull

Let's say each team has a 50% to win each of their games. So each team is average. The chance of any one team winning 7 or fewer games IS given by the cumulative binomial distribution and equals 0.42. The odds of all 4 teams winning 7 or fewer games is 0.42^4 or a little more than 2%. Multiply that by 8 divisions and it comes to about 20% per year or once every 5 years. If you want to go to 6 or fewer games, the same math tells you it should happen every 50 years, so even that even that outcome would no raise the slightest doubt that it was just the random outcome of the current playoff format.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Let's say each team has a 50% to win each of their games. So each team is average. The chance of any one team winning 7 or fewer games IS given by the cumulative binomial distribution and equals 0.42. The odds of all 4 teams winning 7 or fewer games is 0.42^4 or a little more than 2%. Multiply that by 8 divisions and it comes to about 20% per year or once every 5 years. If you want to go to 6 or fewer games, the same math tells you it should happen every 50 years, so even that even that outcome would no raise the slightest doubt that it was just the random outcome of the current playoff format.

LOL you are just admitting you eat what ever is fed to you without thinking for yourself. No, it happening in the same division all at one time is too damn fantastic and has to be orchestrated to take place.

making it 'statistically' possible does not remotely make anything 'actually' possible.

Simply Red
11-29-2014, 04:29 PM
LOL you are just admitting you eat what ever is fed to you without thinking for yourself. No, it happening in the same division all at one time is too damn fantastic and has to be orchestrated to take place.

making it 'statistically' possible does not remotely make anything 'actually' possible.

http://i.imgur.com/UGYZRRj.jpg

Kidd Lex
11-29-2014, 04:37 PM

Ummm... Actually it does

DaFace
11-29-2014, 04:37 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
11-29-2014, 05:11 PM

This is the first time I've ever seen a person claim that another person who uses math to make his argument is "not thinking for himself."

In fact, it's such an abnormal occurrence of freakish dumbassery, that Goodell and his lawyers must have constructed it.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Ummm... Actually it does

no, it doesn't. Think before you type.

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 05:56 PM
This is the first time I've ever seen a person claim that another person who uses math to make his argument is "not thinking for himself."

In fact, it's such an abnormal occurrence of freakish dumbassery, that Goodell and his lawyers must have constructed it.

again, pay very close attention....

you can put odds on anything under the sun. That in no way,shape or form proves it could remotely happen or will. It just means theres a chance it could.

also,.. it doesn't mean someone didn't manipulate it to happen.

there are odds that the earth randomly came about through evolution.Some want to believe those are definitive odds that cant be disputed. Doesn't remotely mean it even happened that way.

you are welcome and excused. Have a wonderful holiday !!

Easy 6
11-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Ramtard, if I'd had a kid as flat out stupid as you, I'd sell my soul to the Devil for a mulligan on it.

DaFace
11-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Ramtard, if I'd had a kid as flat out stupid as you, I'd sell my soul to the Devil for a mulligan on it.
He's a case study for not allowing just anyone to vote.

Bugeater
11-29-2014, 06:26 PM
He's a case study for not allowing just anyone to vote.

Or reproduce

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 06:26 PM

IE you are jealous of my intellectually superior response

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 06:28 PM
why don't you idiots post your playoff scenario like Ive given you the chance to in the first place ?! lets go so called knowledgeable football fans

Bugeater
11-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Because I'm not the one pretending like i know what's going to happen

cdcox
11-29-2014, 07:01 PM
why don't you idiots post your playoff scenario like Ive given you the chance to in the first place ?! lets go so called knowledgeable football fans

Looks like I have a live one here. I've been posting mine week in and week out since 2006:

http://files.nfl-forecast.com/

Before that I posted them here on CP, and before that on the Star Board. I believe that has me covered back to 1998 or so. Where the hell were you then? Huh? Huh?

DaFace
11-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Looks like I have a live one here. I've been posting mine week in and week out since 2006:

Before that I posted them here on CP, and before that on the Star Board. I believe that has me covered back to 1998 or so. Where the hell were you then? Huh? Huh?

You left out the whole "published on the New York Times website" part.

(But you're a lemming who never thinks for himself.)

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Because I'm not the one pretending like i know what's going to happen

the link was posted for you to do it. Stop making excuses and do it

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 08:21 PM

that doesn't tell me who you think will win. Just shows me you put up a chart of percentages based on past/current record.

now go to this and actually make a decision

cdcox
11-29-2014, 08:33 PM
that doesn't tell me who you think will win. Just shows me you put up a chart of percentages based on past/current record.

now go to this and actually make a decision

There are 2^77 different ways the season can end. That is a hundred billion trillion different ways that the season could end. If each person on earth made 2000 predictions, the odds are still more than a billion to one that anyone would correctly predict the outcomes of all the games. It would be a waste of my time to attempt to pick out a specific ending. Instead, I calculate which ones are most likely, and give the odds of an team finishing in a given place.

Easy 6
11-29-2014, 08:41 PM
There are 2^77 different ways the season can end. That is a hundred billion trillion different ways that the season could end. If each person on earth made 2000 predictions, the odds are still more than a billion to one that anyone would correctly predict the outcomes of all the games. It would be a waste of my time to attempt to pick out a specific ending. Instead, I calculate which ones are most likely, and give the odds of an team finishing in a given place.

Yeah, well cold hard math is no substitute for my superior intellect, back to the drawing board for you!

Valiant
11-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Wow.

all i can say is wow. I am going to post a link for tin foil hats, i think i can make some money off of one person.

Bugeater
11-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Okay ramtard, I clicked the link and did the playoff machine, and I have to say I'm shocked, this absolutely unequivocally confirms that the NFL is indeed rigged. Thank you so much for making me see the light.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2d9wz01.jpg

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 09:26 PM

no, there isn't. Theres only what could happen if it was played out realistically or if you understand objective someone is trying to reach.

if it played out realistically, teams with aging QBs and back up QBs starting wouldn't even be in the running and yet those are the favorite teams.

waste of your time ? = you are afraid to

the odds are a billion to one ? and yet the bookie society often get to within 1 to 7 points of an outcome and you still don't question it?

you believe the chanted mantra "anything can happen".. so you think you know football and yet have no clue who's stronger and then stick to that choice.

stop making excuses and use the machine and make some real picks.:thumb:

Crying Ramtard
11-29-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm having second thoughts about Dallas and see the Rams and Chicago possibly in the last spot...

beach tribe
11-30-2014, 03:19 AM

It is inconceivable how someone so fucking stupid could have lived as long as you.

Ever heard of Murphy's law?

beach tribe
11-30-2014, 03:25 AM
no, there isn't. Theres only what could happen if it was played out realistically or if you understand objective someone is trying to reach.

if it played out realistically, teams with aging QBs and back up QBs starting wouldn't even be in the running and yet those are the favorite teams.

the odds are a billion to one ? and yet the bookie society often get to within 1 to 7 points of an outcome and you still don't question it?

you believe the chanted mantra "anything can happen".. so you think you know football and yet have no clue who's stronger and then stick to that choice.

Never played a down of football or any sport in your life and have no idea what team chemistry, being in the zone, a slump, jelling, or any other thing that defines team competition, and what makes it so amazing is.

You should really stop watching football, because you have no fucking clue what makes it great.

Valiant
11-30-2014, 03:26 AM

Holy shit are you stupid.

Shit, if everything you say is true, and you know it. Why are you not making millions off of sports betting in the NFL instead of being on CP babbling?

TimBone
11-30-2014, 03:40 AM
you can put odds on anything under the sun. That in no way,shape or form proves it could remotely happen or will. It just means theres a chance it could.

That group of sentences completely scrambled my brain.

Crying Ramtard
11-30-2014, 03:43 AM
Never played a down of football or any sport in your life and have no idea what team chemistry, being in the zone, a slump, jelling, or any other thing that defines team competition, and what makes it so amazing is.

You should really stop watching football, because you have no ****ing clue what makes it great.

you are basically an idiot. None of these things are proven psychological facts of any kind. Just sports clichés you rely on to explain something you cant define. Of course I have played plenty of organized sports in my life which is also why I am intellectually able to analyze it. I am quite the opposite of stupid.

You should really stop watching football, because you have no ****ing clue what makes it great

this is altogether just a dumb remark. I have watched it for 30 years and now know why I doubted certain aspects. I am not dumb enough to believe 4 rookie qb's can go to the playoffs in their first year at the same time.

Crying Ramtard
11-30-2014, 03:45 AM
Holy shit are you stupid.

Shit, if everything you say is true, and you know it. Why are you not making millions off of sports betting in the NFL instead of being on CP babbling?

I can know outcomes without knowing the point spread or which games are won and lost to get there.

beach tribe
11-30-2014, 03:57 AM
you are basically an idiot. None of these things are proven psychological facts of any kind. Just sports clichés you rely on to explain something you cant define. Of course I have played plenty of organized sports in my life which is also why I am intellectually able to analyze it. I am quite the opposite of stupid.

this is altogether just a dumb remark. I have watched it for 30 years and now know why I doubted certain aspects. I am not dumb enough to believe 4 rookie qb's can go to the playoffs in their first year at the same time.

The fact that you think the level of orchestration you talk about could actually be happening without someone finding out is stupidity so epic, that there has not been a single poster pass through here with a more ridiculous belief.

This is nothing more than an unshakeable dellusion that you have created for yourself as a coping mechanism to deal with how badly horrible losses have bwoken your wittle heart.

There are way too many reasons not to do this, and too many holes in the theory that it does.

You have taken the fact that the NFL has darlings who get the calls, and turned it into Tyler Durden making soap in the locker rooms.

You are a pussy, a nut, and an idiot.

Congratulations.

JD10367
11-30-2014, 07:36 AM

Neither the Broncos nor Patriots in the playoffs? Put down the crack pipe, son.

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Just saw on the NFL Network crawl that the NFL competition committee looking into re-seeding.

notorious
11-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Neither the Broncos nor Patriots in the playoffs? Put down the crack pipe, son.

Put on your sarcasm hat, son. ;)

JD10367
11-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Put on your sarcasm hat, son. ;)

So him thinking the Chiefs will finish 11-5 with the #1 seed is sarcasm? ;)

DaFace
11-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Just saw on the NFL Network crawl that the NFL competition committee looking into re-seeding.

They've talked about that for a few years now. I don't think that's in reaction to the current situation.

Crying Ramtard
11-30-2014, 01:39 PM
They've talked about that for a few years now. I don't think that's in reaction to the current situation.

LOL they already knew they were doing it years ago. Now they are creating a scenario over the last 2/3 years to make you believe its needed.

Crying Ramtard
11-30-2014, 01:45 PM
The fact that you think the level of orchestration you talk about could actually be happening without someone finding out is stupidity so epic, that there has not been a single poster pass through here with a more ridiculous belief.

This is nothing more than an unshakeable dellusion that you have created for yourself as a coping mechanism to deal with how badly horrible losses have bwoken your wittle heart.

There are way too many reasons not to do this, and too many holes in the theory that it does.

You have taken the fact that the NFL has darlings who get the calls, and turned it into Tyler Durden making soap in the locker rooms.

You are a pussy, a nut, and an idiot.

Congratulations.

various fake religions/cults and government's and big business fool thousands/millions/countless people all the time. You know most of tv is fake and edited to influence you. You think a multibillion business run by lawyers cant do the same ?

Crying Ramtard
11-30-2014, 01:48 PM
The fact that you think the level of orchestration you talk about could actually be happening without someone finding out is stupidity so epic

nope, I found out.

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2014, 02:20 PM

I'm for whatever keeps losing teams out of the post season.

Bugeater
11-30-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm for whatever keeps losing teams out of the post season.
If they're calling it "re-seeding" I would assume they mean just changing up the seeding so the shitty teams don't get home games and not taking away the automatic qualifier for the division champion.

DaFace
11-30-2014, 03:36 PM
If they're calling it "re-seeding" I would assume they mean just changing up the seeding so the shitty teams don't get home games and not taking away the automatic qualifier for the division champion.
Correct.

beach tribe
11-30-2014, 03:59 PM
various fake religions/cults and government's and big business fool thousands/millions/countless people all the time. You know most of tv is fake and edited to influence you. You think a multibillion business run by lawyers cant do the same ?

Everything you just said is true. What you are implying is nowhere near the same thing.

The large majority of NFL players are broke 3 years after their careers, which average 4 years, are over.

How do they keep these player quiet about it, when independent news outlets will pay them huge sums of money for this story?

BTW, I'm just doing this for entertainment purposes at this point.
Watching you fit everyone , and every impossibility into your delusion is morbidly entertaining.

Please, explain it to me.

Crying Ramtard
11-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Everything you just said is true. What you are implying is nowhere near the same thing.

The large majority of NFL players are broke 3 years after their careers, which average 4 years, are over.

How do they keep these player quiet about it, when independent news outlets will pay them huge sums of money for this story?BTW, I'm just doing this for entertainment purposes at this point.
Watching you fit everyone , and every impossibility into your delusion is morbidly entertaining.

Please, explain it to me.

they hire the best athletes which are usually as you see in the news, are the dumbest thugs. These guys get paid millions to goof off and show off for a short time. Media is run by government and nfl, they wont say anything because they'll lose money and never find work.

the nfl and media are in bed for billions of dollars they feed and fund each other. Who's going to be the renegade and lose ever finding work again messing with that ?

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2014, 06:31 PM

Better than nothing, I suppose, but it's still shitty.

Hootie
11-30-2014, 06:54 PM
told everyone Seattle was going to win that division

Hootie
11-30-2014, 06:55 PM
they hire the best athletes which are usually as you see in the news, are the dumbest thugs. These guys get paid millions to goof off and show off for a short time. Media is run by government and nfl, they wont say anything because they'll lose money and never find work.

the nfl and media are in bed for billions of dollars they feed and fund each other. Who's going to be the renegade and lose ever finding work again messing with that ?

you are truly dumb

but you're too dumb to realize how dumb you are so this is a pointless post

that is all

carry on, dipshit

DaFace
11-30-2014, 07:15 PM
you are truly dumb

but you're too dumb to realize how dumb you are so this is a pointless post

that is all

carry on, dipshit

I reached the conclusion that he's either a troll or he's destined for a life bagging groceries at Wal-Mart. Neither scenario is worth devoting energy toward in a debate.

Crying Ramtard
11-30-2014, 07:50 PM
I reached the conclusion that he's either a troll or he's destined for a life bagging groceries at Wal-Mart. Neither scenario is worth devoting energy toward in a debate.

the dumbest people in the world make millions ie athletes,actors etc.

There are some very smart people at low paying jobs this day and age. Again, I prove to be intellectually superior while you don't think through your foolish comments.

how about those Cards huh ? they can win one more game and still miss the playoffs,possibly 2 games.

their hopes will come down to the last 2 minutes of the last game of the season nd youll just sit there and think its normal....