PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hunt and Alex Smith

penbrook
12-01-2014, 12:10 AM
Per Adam Teicher

Clark Hunt and Alex Smith had private talk in locker room. It ended with Hunt saying "Keep your head up."

Bugeater
12-01-2014, 12:11 AM
"It's ok Alex, we're all still making our millions"

Wallcrawler
12-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Sounds like it wasn't private if people know what was said.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Lamar won a SB with a journeyman, retread quarterback.

This anecdote proves that guys like Cassel, Green, Grbac are called for by the ownership and this will never change.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2014, 12:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RXXwLWW.jpg

TimBone
12-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Maybe he released him.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2014, 12:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RXXwLWW.jpg

Probably should put that dress on Hunt or Reid.

jd1020
12-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Maybe he released him.

He wanted to know if Alex cashed that signing bonus yet.

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2014, 12:17 AM
I think hunt was going to give Alex Smith a candy wrapper he found in the hallway. But he knew Smith would never throw it away

RealSNR
12-01-2014, 12:21 AM

Maybe he was apologizing for Jason Avant not being Anquan Boldin like that dude Wallcrawler on the internet promised

Daru
12-01-2014, 12:25 AM
NO SYMPATHY for that garbage arm connected into SMITH!

Only time accepted for Clark or anyone telling Alex KEEP YA HEAD UP is if singing 2pac!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBhm7GcEk6E

NO SYMPATHY MEDIOCRE GARBAGE ARM STRIKER!

I hate the arm of your weak strikes! Disgusting. Sorry heated but tired and not accepting to mediocrity!

Hammock Parties
12-01-2014, 12:26 AM

Fuck man...the arm is actually connected into his body?

Like inside it?

FUCK...

TimBone
12-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Maybe he was apologizing for Jason Avant not being Anquan Boldin like that dude Wallcrawler on the internet promised
ROFL

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 12:31 AM

WRs don't need separation

Pasta Little Brioni
12-01-2014, 12:34 AM
This team should be ashamed of themselves. Made a ton of donkey turds look decent tonight.

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Per Adam Teicher

Clark Hunt and Alex Smith had private talk in locker room. It ended with Hunt saying "Keep your head up."

It should have been

"Keep your head up. We'll buy you some wide receivers, and an offensive lineman or two, next year."

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 12:39 AM
It should have been

"Keep your head up. We'll buy you some wide receivers, and an offensive lineman or two, next year."

That won't be enough.

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 12:44 AM
That won't be enough.

Smith is a limited QB, but he's better than the detractors give him credit for. Shitty OL play plus shitty WR play is impossible to overcome on any sort of consistent basis.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Smith is a limited QB, but he's better than the detractors give him credit for. Shitty OL play plus shitty WR play is impossible to overcome on any sort of consistent basis.

If your goal is to consistently win 9 games and get a playoff berth twice every three years then sure. Four new starters at OL and WR.

Alex Smith might get you to the playoffs with that but hes not winning once he gets there.

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2014, 12:53 AM
It should have been

That excuse doesn't fly.

Has to learn to throw the ball away.
Too many tipped passes.
Terrible throw out a critical third down following a defensive turnover

Smith is hardly the man to blame for today. Lots of other culprits. But he did not play well at all today and he needed to

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 12:54 AM
If your goal is to consistently win 9 games and get a playoff berth twice every three years then sure. Four new starters at OL and WR.

Alex Smith might get you to the playoffs with that but hes not winning once he gets there.

Alex Smith was 2 lousy ST plays from getting a team to the Super Bowl, so your argument has already been proven wrong.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Alex Smith was 2 lousy ST plays from getting a team to the Super Bowl, so your argument has already been proven wrong.

... And then he got benched, and the 49ers went to the SB.

Also you gloss over how bad Smith was on converting 3rd downs... Which is what we've seen in three consecutive weeks now..

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 01:00 AM

That doesn't validate your argument.

Mav
12-01-2014, 01:08 AM
It should have been

That is what was said I'd believe. Alex Smith was under pressure every play.

I'm as disgusted as I've ever been with Alex for that 4th down but he rarely has any time

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 01:08 AM

Why was San Francisco in a position where two special teams screw ups ended their season to begin with

oaklandhater
12-01-2014, 01:10 AM

Also you gloss over how bad Smith was on converting 3rd downs... Which is what we've seen in three consecutive weeks now..

Almost no niner fan's were panning for smith to stay there is a reason for that they were glad to see that dumpster fire go.

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Why was San Francisco in a position where two special teams screw ups ended their season to begin with

This is your response? LMAO

TimBone
12-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Because when you're in the playoffs playing the other big boy teams, games are likely gonna be close. Those mistakes would have killed a lot of playoff teams.

dls6501
12-01-2014, 01:12 AM

Alex was also horrible in that game, apart from two nice throws to Vernon Davis early in the game. His inability to move the chains, find open receivers, or convert third downs was a large reason the game was close to begin with. Yes, our pal Kyle Williams pissed the game away, but better QB play would have made those mistakes insignificant......

Is what was meant when this was posted:

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2014, 01:13 AM

I'm as disgusted as I've ever been with Alex for that 4th down but he rarely has any time

I think what bothers me most is...
Even if he has more time, there are games like this where you see why he struggles on the final drive in many games. On the last series of the game, what do you have to lose? Take a fucking shot at a receiver. On 4th down, there is ZERO excuse not to at least throw a jump ball.

In many comebacks this year, I see that guard being dropped. You see moments of excellent play when the team is behind and needs critical scores. But you see too many like today's final drive and so many other drives, where he goes back into his shell. I really don't know why that is.

Mav
12-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Alex was also horrible in that game, apart from two nice throws to Vernon Davis early in the game. His inability to move the chains, find open receivers, or convert third downs was a large reason the game was close to begin with. Yes, our pal Kyle Williams pissed the game away, but better QB play would have made those mistakes insignificant.
Aaron Rodgers Matt Ryan Tom Brady all looked like crap against the Giants in the playoffs.

Mav
12-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Even if he has more time, there are games like this where you see why he struggles on the final drive in many games. On the last series of the game, what do you have to lose? Take a fucking shot at a receiver. On 4th down, there is ZERO excuse not to at least throw a jump ball.

In many comebacks this year, I see that guard being dropped. You see moments of excellent play when the team is behind and needs critical scores. But you see too many like today's final drive and so many other drives, where he goes back into his shell. I really don't know why that is.
Completely agree

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Alex was also horrible in that game, apart from two nice throws to Vernon Davis early in the game. His inability to move the chains, find open receivers, or convert third downs was a large reason the game was close to begin with. Yes, our pal Kyle Williams pissed the game away, but better QB play would have made those mistakes insignificant......

Is what was meant when this was posted:

I know what he meant. He was trying to take the focus off of the fact that his argument has already been proven wrong, and trying to shift the argument.

And the "better QB play would have made those mistakes insignificant" argument is incredibly stupid, in light of how that postseason played out.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 01:23 AM
Smith's defense gave him the ball back in overtime. Field goal wins the game. What happens?

Three and out, San Francisco never possesses the ball again.

Scape goat Kyle Williams all you want, but you can't go three and fucking out in a sudden death situation.

dls6501
12-01-2014, 01:24 AM
^True, but it wasn't even just that. He couldnt move the ball at all for an overwhelming majority of the game.

Mav
12-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Smith's defense gave him the ball back in overtime. Field goal wins the game. What happens?

Scape goat Kyle Williams all you want, but you can't go three and fucking out in a sudden death situation.
Do we really have to rehash this? Alex Smith didn't play great. No qb dis in the playoffs vs the Giants

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 01:26 AM
That excuse doesn't fly.

Has to learn to throw the ball away.
Too many tipped passes.
Terrible throw out a critical third down following a defensive turnover

Smith is hardly the man to blame for today. Lots of other culprits. But he did not play well at all today and he needed to

I'm not sure if it has more to do with Smith or Reid but our passes are telegraphed all to shit.

It's going to be a slant, hitch or some kind of bullshit check down to a back in the flats. That's what it always fucking is. It's maddening.

And if it's not one of those, Alex doesn't feel comfortable making the throw so he tucks it and stares down the pass rush until he's on his back.. Or runs to the sidelines for a 2 yard loss, which is exactly like a fucking sack.

He's just a fucking pussy, honestly.

Mav
12-01-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm not sure if it has more to do with Smith or Reid but our passes are telegraphed all to shit.

It's going to be a slant, hitch or some kind of bullshit check down to a back in the flats. That's what it always fucking is. It's maddening.

And if it's not one of those, Alex doesn't feel comfortable making the throw so he tucks it and stares down the pass rush until he's on his back.. Or runs to the sidelines for a 2 yard loss, which is exactly like a fucking sack.

Can't disagree at all

Pepe Silvia
12-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Aaron Rodgers Matt Ryan Tom Brady all looked like crap against the Giants in the playoffs.

Rodgers did for sure, the Giants pass rush had him running for his life the whole night. Horrible game. :(

Mav
12-01-2014, 01:44 AM
Rodgers did for sure, the Giants pass rush had him running for his life the whole night. Horrible game. :(
The falcons scored no points. 2 in a safety.

I think people forget how good that giants defense was.

Pepe Silvia
12-01-2014, 01:47 AM
The falcons scored no points. 2 in a safety.

I think people forget how good that giants defense was.

They were beastly. Even more impressive than the Ravens '12 run.

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2014, 01:51 AM

That's the reason that hate to listen to Alex's voice, because he sounds like a pillowbiter when he's being interviewed

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 01:53 AM
I don't have any problem with Alex as a man.

He doesn't make the plays necessary for us to win football games and that's the only problem I have with him. Before someone points out his win percentage, I'm saying truly WIN us games. Not fucking up and letting Jamaal Charles turn water into wine is not what I look for from my franchise QB.

splatbass
12-01-2014, 01:53 AM

Only time accepted for Clark or anyone telling Alex KEEP YA HEAD UP is if singing 2pac!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBhm7GcEk6E

NO SYMPATHY MEDIOCRE GARBAGE ARM STRIKER!

I hate the arm of your weak strikes! Disgusting. Sorry heated but tired and not accepting to mediocrity!

What is your native language?

Rausch
12-01-2014, 01:55 AM
He was given an impossible task this season and he's taken $3it and might end up with a .500 record.

That's much, MUCH better than I thought was possible.

Imagine if we had a GM that built a team around his QB, gave him weapons, protected him, and a HC/OC who knew had to use them all...

Chief Henry
12-01-2014, 01:57 AM
No wide receivers at all, Bowe is a turd laughing all the way to the bank. Avery needs to be cut tomorrow morning. The O line looked like it had never played a snap of NFL Professional football. Smith was running for his life and the Bronco's just ate us up alive in every possible way. Having said that, Alex Smith needs to grow a sack and needs to become the leader of this team. Some one other than the coaches needs to rally this team because coming out two consecutive games flat as a pancake is not acceptable. I have a hunch the team is guilty of reading their press clippings and it got to their head.

Kaepernick
12-01-2014, 02:01 AM
I really didn't think Alex's play was all that bad tonight and was better than the score reflected. He threw some dandy passes when he got any kind of time behind the deficient offensive line.

Alex ended up with a passer rating 10 points higher than Manning, 95.0 for Alex to 85.3 for Manning. Peyton had the offensive line, the RB and all the weapons.

I don't get to see many Chiefs games and as a 49ers fan I can't say I really want to, but watching this game, it seemed Andy's play calling was much worse than Alex's play and Alex's play was really hurt by a lousy offensive line.

I know what you have in Alex and he doesn't push the ball down field or throw to his WRs much or often, but he is a master of the RB/TE short passing dink and dunk and you can easliy win with that if you have a decent defense.

You guys just ran into a buzz saw in Denver pretty much crushing everybody they've faced this year losing only to Seattle (#1 D), Patriots (red hot offense), and the Rams (trap game or just down game for Broncos).

Personnel wise, you still seem 3-4 years from serious AFC super bowl contention.

This loss wasn't on Alex. Not by a long shot. Not from what I could see.

Kaepernick
12-01-2014, 02:09 AM

The 2011 Giants-49ers NFC Championship game was between 2 power house defenses killing each other's offenses, and the first offense to blink and make a mistake was going to lose. Only, the Giants made 3 mistakes and the 49ers made 4 mistakes, so we lost.

If your point is that the 49ers offense was poor or mediocre, then agree, point made. Still, it is rare to impossible to make the super bowl with a top 3 defense and a top 3 offense. Pretty much the salary cap era makes you sacrifice mediocrity in one unit to dominance in the other. Both the Giants and 49ers built for defense, by chance or by intention.

A punt glanced off SF Kyle Williams knee in that game exactly the way it glanced off KC Marcus Cooper's knee in tonight's game, and that is 1 of the 2 special teams turnovers that he was referring to, that cost the 49ers to lose to the Giants. The other 3 mistakes were a kick return fumbled to the Giants, and 2 easy interceptions by Eli Manning that were both dropped. Actually, knocked out of one 49er DBs hands by another aggressive DB.

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 02:11 AM
I really didn't think Alex's play was all that bad tonight and was better than the score reflected. He threw some dandy passes when he got any kind of time behind the deficient offensive line.

Alex ended up with a passer rating 10 points higher than Manning, 95.0 for Alex to 85.3 for Manning. Peyton had the offensive line, the RB and all the weapons.

I don't get to see many Chiefs games and as a 49ers fan I can't say I really want to, but watching this game, it seemed Andy's play calling was much worse than Alex's play and Alex's play was really hurt by a lousy offensive line.

I know what you have in Alex and he doesn't push the ball down field or throw to his WRs much or often, but he is a master of the RB/TE short passing dink and dunk and you can easliy win with that if you have a decent defense.

You guys just ran into a buzz saw in Denver pretty much crushing everybody they've faced this year losing only to Seattle (#1 D), Patriots (red hot offense), and the Rams (trap game or just down game for Broncos).

Personnel wise, you still seem 3-4 years from serious AFC super bowl contention.

I'm honestly wondering how many 250-word posts you can make saying the same fucking shit day in and day out for no fucking reason. He's been our QB for a season and a half now. We know what we're getting with him when we trot him out on the field.

MOVE ON.

Rausch
12-01-2014, 02:15 AM

In the modern NFL it doesn't take 3-4 years to build a SB team...

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 02:20 AM
In the modern NFL it doesn't take 3-4 years to build a SB team...

That's how long it took to build the Seahawks championship team.

KC's 4 year clock hasn't really started yet given how bad Dorsey's drafts have been.

Kaepernick
12-01-2014, 02:20 AM

Scape goat Kyle Williams all you want, but you can't go three and ****ing out in a sudden death situation.

Eli Manning actually played worse in that game than Alex. Alex wasn't effective but he was careful. Eli was foolish

Eli threw 2 foolhardy passes straight into the open arms of 49ers DBs on 2 separate plays, either one of those turnovers seals the win for Alex and the 49ers. Now Eli also threw a beautiful pass to tie the game and put us into overtime, so it was a mixed effort. But at the end of the day it was just Eli being foolhardy but also being lucky and getting away with it.

Lets see if I can find the 2 GIFs of the the 2 easy interceptions from Eli our own guys broke up.

Here is the first. #25 has the ball and #38 aggressively runs into him knocking away what should have been interception #1 from Eli. By the way, he knocked #25 out of the game (our best CB) and the later TD pass from Eli was from the lower quality backup who replaced him.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/891379/hit.gif

Not a gif but below is a photo of the same safety #38 knocking what should have been the 2nd of Eli's foolish ints away from #22, the cornerback who had the angle on the ball. Again, this 2nd int alone seals the win for the 49ers and the Giants are done.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=axolaFV5$FuuPtAfV_0Flc$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvfyrAIg$V3xFe Hu9cPldWQWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Eli is a foolhardy gunslinger who needed not 1 but 2 lucky plays where lack of communication between 49ers DBs caused 2 easy interceptions to be dropped. He should have been picked off twice and lost the game handily in regulation.

For all his incompletions, by being more careful with the ball Alex outplayed Eli but Eli was just more lucky on that day.

That is a fact.

Don't even get me started how a too-quick referee whistle deprived the 49ers from an Ahmad Bradshaw fumble that also would have sealed the 49ers win. The ball is out with Bradshaw's knees not down but the idiot refs had already blew the whistle and = not reviewable.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2012/09000d5d8263fe75_video_cp.jpg

Alex should have gone on to the super bowl, not Eli. But an Eli vs. Brady rematch was a VERY popular outcome so...

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 02:21 AM
Wait why are you white knighting Alex Smith..

jspchief
12-01-2014, 02:28 AM
Wait why are you white knighting Alex Smith..
Because he's a troll.

Kaepernick
12-01-2014, 02:29 AM
He was given an impossible task this season and he's taken $3it and might end up with a .500 record.

That's much, MUCH better than I thought was possible.

Imagine if we had a GM that built a team around his QB, gave him weapons, protected him, and a HC/OC who knew had to use them all...

The entire forum was talking 4-12 or 6 wins AT BEST after you started 1-2.

jonzie04
12-01-2014, 02:30 AM

KC's 4 year clock hasn't really started yet given how bad Dorsey's drafts have been.

seattle started with no one. we have A LOT of really good players. it will not take anywhere near 4 years if dorsey isnt a dumb ass

Kaepernick
12-01-2014, 02:31 AM
Because he's a troll.

This is the joy of being a fair and honest person. The biased people on both sides will always attack you because you aren't in one camp or the other. I'm used to it.

Rausch
12-01-2014, 02:32 AM

It's a 40 YEAR clock sir...

Kaepernick
12-01-2014, 02:34 AM
I'm honestly wondering how many 250-word posts you can make saying the same ****ing shit day in and day out for no ****ing reason. He's been our QB for a season and a half now. We know what we're getting with him when we trot him out on the field.

MOVE ON.

Ignore is there for a reason. Use it.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 02:35 AM
seattle started with no one. we have A LOT of really good players. it will not take anywhere near 4 years if dorsey isnt a dumb ass

You're overrating the talent on the roster by a wide margin here.

There are some unproven guys who look like they could be good starters (Davis, Kelce, Gaines etc) and a lot of league average guys, and then two really good players in JC and Houston.

Problem with the former is that he's a running back who's about to hit a cliff production wise and the other is a guy who will demand a lot of money in free agency.

Rausch
12-01-2014, 02:38 AM

There are some unproven guys who look like they could be good starters (Davis, Kelce, Gaines etc) and a lot of league average guys, and then two really good players in JC and Houston.

Problem with the former is that he's a running back who's about to hit a cliff production wise and the other is a guy who will demand a lot of money in free agency.

Every major weakness could be fixed this offseason.

We need one legit WR and one dependable possession WR.

We need two G's.

We need to improve the talent at ILB.

The rest we can win a playoff game with...

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 02:39 AM
Every major weakness could be fixed this offseason.

We need one legit WR and one dependable possession WR.

We need two G's.

We need to improve the talent at ILB.

The rest we can win a playoff game with...

Not unless you know of a creative way around the salary cap.

smith11
12-01-2014, 02:40 AM

It's going to be a slant, hitch or some kind of bullshit check down to a back in the flats. That's what it always ****ing is. It's maddening.

And if it's not one of those, Alex doesn't feel comfortable making the throw so he tucks it and stares down the pass rush until he's on his back.. Or runs to the sidelines for a 2 yard loss, which is exactly like a ****ing sack.

He's just a ****ing pussy, honestly.

i bet if YOU took the hit he took from miller tonite you wouldn't get up and throw a td pass a couple plays later--youd be running home crying to momma

Rausch
12-01-2014, 02:45 AM
Not unless you know of a creative way around the salary cap.

We could get a possession WR and a quality G for what Bowe is making alone.
Draft a WR.
Draft a G.
Draft an ILB. Sign one...

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 02:49 AM

Seattle had a tremendous 2 year stretch in the draft, and then got lucky enough to find the perfect QB for their system in the 3rd draft. That's the exception, not the rule, even for teams drafting at the top.

jonzie04
12-01-2014, 02:54 AM

no i'm not, this team is more talented at the top than most teams in the nfl. didnt we have the second highest amount of pro bowlers last year?

but the point i was getting at is that we have one of the best pass rushers in the nfl in houston. the most explosive rb in ther nfl in charles, we have a lot of other good players like poe, bailey, sean smith, berry(maybe), hudson, etc. and a competent qb

seattle had brandon mebane, red bryant..... and thats it.

it should not take us as long to build a complete roster as it did them.

jonzie04
12-01-2014, 03:01 AM
Seattle had a tremendous 2 year stretch in the draft, and then got lucky enough to find the perfect QB for their system in the 3rd draft. That's the exception, not the rule, even for teams drafting at the top.

I agree. if we had only dontari poe, and no one else, i would look at their model, and i would say, it is going to take us AT LEAST 4 years to build a roster.. I wouldn't even expect us too. but were not even in a remotely similar situation as they were in....we are not that far away. we have quite a few really good players. our problem is the guys around them completely SUCK.

realistically we only need a few offensive lineman, a few good WRS, and an ILB to have a very good team. I really dont see the difficulty in obtaining quality players in those positions when we have 11 draft picks, and can potentially save nearly 30 million dollars by cutting 2 players who arent really contributing much in hali and bowe.

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 03:11 AM
I agree. if we had only dontari poe, and no one else, i would look at their model, and i would say, it is going to take us AT LEAST 4 years to build a roster.. I wouldn't even expect us too. but were not even in a remotely similar situation as they were in....we are not that far away. we have quite a few really good players. our problem is the guys around them completely SUCK.

realistically we only need a few offensive lineman, a few good WRS, and an ILB to have a very good team. I really dont see the difficulty in obtaining quality players in those positions when we have 11 draft picks, and can potentially save nearly 30 million dollars by cutting 2 players who arent really contributing much in hali and bowe.

If it was as easy as you seem to think it is, every team would do it.

jonzie04
12-01-2014, 03:24 AM
If it was as easy as you seem to think it is, every team would do it.

i don't think it's easy... which is why i said, ". if we had only dontari poe, and no one else, i would look at their model, and i would say, it is going to take us AT LEAST 4 years to build a roster.. I wouldn't even expect us too."

but the fact is we have a team with some really good players, that are being weighed down by a few really bad players. we are not that far away.

the 85 bears would have gotten run on with mauga and jmj at ilb. it doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me to be able to find a competent ilb in the offseason with 11 draft picks, and money to spend by getting rid of underachievers.

on offense our o line is holding us back obviously. we have seen, that even without big plays from our WR's our offense is fully capable of being explosive with jamaal, kelce, knile, dat, and bowe when the o line plays well. that is obviously more of a project than the defense, but it doesnt take 4 ****ing years to assemble a competent o line, and add a decent WR.

kcxiv
12-01-2014, 05:02 AM

Well, the main conversation the pat him on the ass as he's walking out of a private room was the keep your head up part.

Eleazar
12-01-2014, 06:31 AM
Per Adam Teicher

Maybe Chunt was apologizing to him for almost getting him killed behind a horrifyingly bad offensive line...

Sandy Vagina
12-01-2014, 07:51 AM

:eek: ... can't believe I am typing this, but this is really a good post on the topic at hand.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Blech.

That is all.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Even if he has more time, there are games like this where you see why he struggles on the final drive in many games. On the last series of the game, what do you have to lose? Take a ****ing shot at a receiver. On 4th down, there is ZERO excuse not to at least throw a jump ball.

That is what is so puzzling about his thinking. It's 4th down and 19 at the end of the game and he runs out of bounds for a loss! WTF! Does he want to protect his touchdown to interception stats? Throw the damn ball downfield! At least try to make a play. You can't complete a pass by running out of bounds.

Wallcrawler
12-01-2014, 08:37 AM

Heh. Looks like someone's pussy is a little sore.

You have to get on the field in order to make plays, you ****ing dipshit. See exhibit A: Travis Kelce if your little brain has trouble with this concept.

When Avant finally got in the game, I saw him IMMEDIATELY make two catches and then get unequivocally ****ed out of his third catch by a mugging from a Broncos DB that went uncalled.

First game with the team, and already producing more than our 50 million dollar number one receiver in the biggest game of the season.

Bowe 2 catches for 19 yards.

Avant 2 catches for 30 yards.

Talk more shit, I could really use the laughs. Maybe you could tell that story again about how catching the football isn't really all that important for a wide receiver in the nfl.

Sandy Vagina
12-01-2014, 08:38 AM
That is what is so puzzling about his thinking. It's 4th down and 19 at the end of the game and he runs out of bounds for a loss! WTF! Does he want to protect his touchdown to interception stats? Throw the damn ball downfield! At least try to make a play. You can't complete a pass by running out of bounds.

what would be the point? He was tired of taking hits... why chuck it when it won't at all matter what the result of that play is?

why even give a shit about that one play? game was over..

chiefzilla1501
12-01-2014, 08:42 AM

I think we've seen Smith at his most brilliant when he has nothing to lose. He did that all game against indy in the playoffs. Whenever he's down two scores, he turns into an excellent qb. He pieced together a few excellent drives late yesterday. But in the two Denver games prior? Smith led an unbelievable comeback late in the game.

It's almost as if as soon as we get to one score, he gets conservative again. If Smith can learn to turn that late game "nothing to lose" switch on full time especially in closing drives, he could be much better. Problem is, this late in his career, it doesn't look likely.

KC native
12-01-2014, 08:44 AM
The fact that Alex still can't identify the blitz and who is going to be open because of said blitz is fucking infuriating.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-01-2014, 08:45 AM
what would be the point? He was tired of taking hits... why chuck it when it won't at all matter what the result of that play is?

why even give a shit about that one play? game was over..

Maybe he could show some leadership. At least show your team that you have some fight in you. Running out of bounds and giving up is unacceptable. It's like taking a called third strike right down the middle to end the game, go down swinging or get out of town.

Jakemall
12-01-2014, 08:45 AM

It was already 4 th and it doesn't matter anymore, anyway.

Coochie liquor
12-01-2014, 08:53 AM
I think we've seen Smith at his most brilliant when he has nothing to lose. He did that all game against indy in the playoffs. Whenever he's down two scores, he turns into an excellent qb. He pieced together a few excellent drives late yesterday. But in the two Denver games prior? Smith led an unbelievable comeback late in the game.

It's almost as if as soon as we get to one score, he gets conservative again. If Smith can learn to turn that late game "nothing to lose" switch on full time especially in closing drives, he could be much better. Problem is, this late in his career, it doesn't look likely.

Also the o line he played behind during the Indy playoff game was drastically better than the abortion we have out there now.

KCUnited
12-01-2014, 08:53 AM
May as well took a knee on that 4th down to protect Smith.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2014, 08:54 AM
The fact that Alex still can't identify the blitz and who is going to be open because of said blitz is fucking infuriating.

But he's one of the smartest QB's in the league. /CP

Sandy Vagina
12-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Maybe he could show some leadership. At least show your team that you have some fight in you. Running out of bounds and giving up is unacceptable. It's like taking a called third strike right down the middle to end the game, go down swinging or get out of town.

Meh... the team didn't deserve a last effort.. and they know it.

Jakemall
12-01-2014, 08:57 AM

How do you identify the pressure when your oline is a sieve?

splatbass
12-01-2014, 08:58 AM
"It's ok Alex, we're all still making our millions"

I don't really see what is bad about trying to get your QB to stay positive after a loss like that. That is pretty much normal, I would expect any owner or HC to do that to any QB.

Dave Lane
12-01-2014, 09:05 AM

Neither does your idiotic couple plays away from SB crap

Eleazar
12-01-2014, 09:10 AM
I don't really see what is bad about trying to get your QB to stay positive after a loss like that. That is pretty much normal, I would expect any owner or HC to do that to any QB.

Hunt committed to Smith, and Smith committed to Hunt.

Due to the state of this offensive line, which the front office (and ownership, since he is ultimately responsible for the product on the field) has let seriously deteriorate since last season, Alex Smith is not being put in a position to succeed. I wouldn't blame Smith being frustrated since there are free rushers on every play. What is he supposed to do?

The offensive line and the secondary are a disaster and it's the result of Dorsey and Reid's making over the roster and failing with those position groups.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2014, 09:11 AM

Now you know why you cant win with Sutton... Its Alex Smith /CP

Dave Lane
12-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Meh... the team didn't deserve a last effort.. and they know it.

Great excuse. Every leader should put that above their locker.

Dave Lane
12-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Now you know why you cant win with Sutton... Its Alex Smith /CP

Line the 2 of them up shoot both in the head. Save time and money.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Line the 2 of them up shoot both in the head. Save time and money.

It starts at the top....

Again this team lacks leadership....

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Well that first pass of the game should tell you all you need to know about Alex Smith. Everything was perfect yet still couldn't hit his receiver.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Actually, no one here really says that, except for the few SF... Whatever they are. It comes from national sports media. Smith IS very intelligent, just not where it matters most. He certainly doesn't have Peyton smarts.

BossChief
12-01-2014, 09:39 AM
They were blitzing all night and we kept calling long developing plays.

GET THE FUCKING BALL OUT.

They need to do a better job of calling plays to mask the problems of the ol...but maybe that ship has already sailed.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2014, 09:42 AM

GET THE FUCKING BALL OUT.

They need to do a better job of calling plays to mask the problems of the ol...but maybe that ship has already sailed.

It's telling that our QB doesn't seem to check us out of those plays.

I can't believe that a QB as smart as Alex Smith wouldn't be allowed by his coach to audible, so...

Reerun_KC
12-01-2014, 09:45 AM
It's telling that our QB doesn't seem to check us out of those plays.

I can't believe that a QB as smart as Alex Smith wouldn't be allowed by his coach to audible, so...
Putting trust in Reid is quite laughable...

Alex isn't the answer at QB, anyone with IQ of a box turtle knows that. But to constantly excuse Reid when you can blame Alex is only masking the issue and looking for an escape goat.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Putting trust in Reid is quite laughable...

Alex isn't the answer at QB, anyone with IQ of a box turtle knows that. But to constantly excuse Reid when you can blame Alex is only masking the issue and looking for an escape goat.

How am I excusing Reid there?

He either doesn't trust Alex to audible - which is laughable considering all the "smartest QB in the league" talk - or Smith really isn't capable of reading the blitz and making the proper adjustments.

Both are a reflection on Reid, as HE hand-picked Alex.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2014, 09:53 AM
How am I excusing Reid there?

He either doesn't trust Alex to audible - which is laughable considering all the "smartest QB in the league" talk - or Smith really isn't capable of reading the blitz and making the proper adjustments.

Both are a reflection on Reid, as HE hand-picked Alex.

Forgive me as I wasn't solely directing that at you OTWP58, I was making more of a generalized statement of CP when it comes to QB's and excape goats..

But if the QB fails that is hand picked by the coach, then both need to go when in the end. Reid shouldn't stay here longer than AS.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Forgive me as I wasn't solely directing that at you OTWP58, I was making more of a generalized statement of CP when it comes to QB's and excape goats..

But if the QB fails that is hand picked by the coach, then both need to go when in the end. Reid shouldn't stay here longer than AS.

Fair enough.

BossChief
12-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Part of the blame has to fall on Dorsey for letting quality linemen walk and replacing them with TERRIBLE players.

And going into the deepest WR draft in history and not drafting one.

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 10:42 AM

Agreed.

Jakemall
12-01-2014, 10:44 AM

GET THE ****ING BALL OUT.

This was running through my head all game.

Pablo
12-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Part of the blame has to fall on Dorsey for letting quality linemen walk and replacing them with TERRIBLE players.

And going into the deepest WR draft in history and not drafting one.Well, yeah.

Dorsey is the architect behind all of this. He's the brilliant mind that ignored glaring personnel deficiencies. He's the only that seems to have pissed away numerous high draft picks on abortion-level/decidedly average players. This was his vision I suppose. Congrats.

The life of a Chiefs fans is pretty cool.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry but I have a very hard time giving Alex much blame for last night...

that was the worst OL performance I've seen from KC in ? Hell I don't even know. We already know the WR situation.

If anything I respect Alex even more for making it out of that game alive, and with 2 TD's somehow.

Mav
12-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Its cute how you only show up when shit is bad.

Mav
12-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Well, yeah.

Dorsey is the architect behind all of this. He's the brilliant mind that ignored glaring personnel deficiencies. He's the only that seems to have pissed away numerous high draft picks on abortion-level/decidedly average players. This was his vision I suppose. Congrats.

The life of a Chiefs fans is pretty cool.
I like some moves he made. But his first round picks have been bad. Although i don't fault him for Fisher. I works of taken Joekell myself but the talent was so meh. Honestly the only guy i thought was special was star. But you don't gamble with heart issues.

ModSocks
12-01-2014, 11:12 AM

that was the worst OL performance I've seen from KC in ? Hell I don't even know. We already know the WR situation.

If anything I respect Alex even more for making it out of that game alive, and with 2 TD's somehow.

Im not down on Alex like others are. He made some great throws last night when he had a good, clean pocket. That O-line was fucking awful though.

Alex....he's exactly who i thought he was, maybe a bit better.

Mav
12-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Im not down on Alex like others are. He made some great throws last night when he had a good, clean pocket. That O-line was fucking awful though.

I only recall two really bad passes.

The first one to avery, and the miss to bowe. Other than that i thought he did well.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Im not down on Alex like others are. He made some great throws last night when he had a good, clean pocket. That O-line was ****ing awful though.

I actually felt sorry for him and Jamaal last night. They knew they were getting drilled after every play, and none of the lineman seemed to give a shit. Only Kelce.

Mav
12-01-2014, 11:21 AM
I actually felt sorry for him and Jamaal last night. They knew they were getting drilled after every play, and none of the lineman seemed to give a shit. Only Kelce.
I've never piled on sutton. But they should fire him if Rex Ryan is canned. They need some swagger on defense.

Von Miller is back there hip gyrating after sacks and the chiefs did nothing about it. They need toughness. Too many pansies on defense.

BigBeauford
12-01-2014, 11:23 AM
It's always dangerous when an owner and QB get too close.
http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.dmv.barstoolsports.com/files/2014/01/rg3snyder.jpg

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 11:24 AM
I've never piled on sutton. But they should fire him if Rex Ryan is canned. They need some swagger on defense.

Von Miller is back there hip gyrating after sacks and the chiefs did nothing about it. They need toughness. Too many pansies on defense.
If losing Berry and DJ, being unable to rotate Poe off the line due to no one good being behind him and struggling to find OLBs worth a shit mean the defense is totally worthless, then it's time to move on from the 3-4.

Just Passin' By
12-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Neither does your idiotic couple plays away from SB crap

Actually, that does, since the argument was about whether or not Smith could win in the playoffs, and the fact that he was a couple of snaps away from the Super Bowl means that he had already won in the playoffs.

Dumbass.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2014, 11:28 AM
I would love to get Rex Ryan if and when he is fired. Damn that'd be nice.

All I wanted last night was to see the forehead get hit around a little. Just a little physicality. But nah, our guys won't hit him if they don't get there. That's what beats PM. Hitting him enough that he starts forcing things too soon.

It's like Sutton said "no late hit fouls, boys. Gotta get there in 2 seconds!"

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2014, 11:29 AM

It's cute how bad you are at math.

30 football related posts from Pats game to October 31. Chiefs record?

3-1

11 football related posts in November. Chiefs record?

3-2.

Whoops.

KC native
12-01-2014, 11:39 AM

When you see the team loading up the box to blitz and your QB can't recognize that an audible to a hot route, then the defense is going to continue to fucking do that.

Alex is paid too much to not be able to recognize and react to that.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2014, 11:44 AM
When you see the team loading up the box to blitz and your QB can't recognize that an audible to a hot route, then the defense is going to continue to ****ing do that.

Alex is paid too much to not be able to recognize and react to that.

You think our WRs can get open on a hot route vs. Chris Harris? Even Roby?

Nah man. We got bigger problems.

RealSNR
12-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Heh. Looks like someone's pussy is a little sore.

You have to get on the field in order to make plays, you ****ing dipshit. See exhibit A: Travis Kelce if your little brain has trouble with this concept.

When Avant finally got in the game, I saw him IMMEDIATELY make two catches and then get unequivocally ****ed out of his third catch by a mugging from a Broncos DB that went uncalled.

First game with the team, and already producing more than our 50 million dollar number one receiver in the biggest game of the season.

Bowe 2 catches for 19 yards.

Avant 2 catches for 30 yards.

Talk more shit, I could really use the laughs. Maybe you could tell that story again about how catching the football isn't really all that important for a wide receiver in the nfl.
If you can stop fucking that strawman for two seconds, tell me what was wrong about anything I said when it comes to receivers. And that includes Jerry Rice.

You can't.

I, however, can point to a lot of stupid shit you said. And that includes the messy jizz web you weaved yourself into regarding your boy Avant.

But that's okay. The dumbest retards on the board like threebag agree with you. At least you got that going for you, chump.

Hootie
12-01-2014, 11:45 AM
I don't hate or feel bad for Alex Smith at all.

We pay him a lot of money to deal with our dogshit line.

He'll be ok.

KC native
12-01-2014, 11:55 AM

It's not hard to get open on hot routes. Even our dogshit WR corps can manage that.

Mav
12-01-2014, 12:06 PM
It's cute how bad you are at math.

30 football related posts from Pats game to October 31. Chiefs record?

3-1

11 football related posts in November. Chiefs record?

3-2.

Whoops.
Admittedly, i rarely pay attention to you. Just seems when you so post is the same boring negative crap.

The Franchise
12-01-2014, 12:07 PM

It's cute how you're a fan of more than one team.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2014, 12:10 PM

LMAO

Mav
12-01-2014, 12:19 PM
That's all you got? Super save a Ho to the rescue. I understand, he can't take care of himself so he sends the mutt patrol to fight his battles.

It's good. He needs friends like you.

I am a man and can fight my own battles.

Mav
12-01-2014, 12:20 PM
LMAO
That's really that funny to you?

You are comedy deprived.

Pablo
12-01-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't hate or feel bad for Alex Smith at all.

We pay him a lot of money to deal with our dogshit line.

He'll be ok.Yeah. I can't feel sorry for a guy that won't even chuck it up on 4th and forever at the end of a beat-down.

He knew what he was signing up for. He wanted to be the man.

QB's in this league will ALWAYS get undue praise as well as undue scrutiny. It comes with the territory. Don't like it, don't cash the checks.

RealSNR
12-01-2014, 12:28 PM
That's all you got? Super save a Ho to the rescue. I understand, he can't take care of himself so he sends the mutt patrol to fight his battles.

It's good. He needs friends like you.

I am a man and can fight my own battles.

Mutt patrol? Is that a Cleveland Browns thing?

Mav
12-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Mutt patrol? Is that a Cleveland Browns thing?
Nah. I was watching old looney tunes cartoons. yoy know the big bull dog with the little yipper ass kissing mutt running along side. Yeah. That's how i view pestilence. He just comes out of no where for no reason.

And i like the guy most of the time. This wasn't one of those times.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 12:45 PM
If you can stop fucking that strawman for two seconds, tell me what was wrong about anything I said when it comes to receivers. And that includes Jerry Rice.

You can't.

I, however, can point to a lot of stupid shit you said. And that includes the messy jizz web you weaved yourself into regarding your boy Avant.

But that's okay. The dumbest retards on the board like threebag agree with you. At least you got that going for you, chump.
He ignored every source I found in 5 minutes of searching that said the WCO relies solely on separation from receivers to be effective so what do you expect?

Wallcrawler
12-01-2014, 12:53 PM

http://www.familymeds.com/images/product/large/312547150422.jpg

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 12:54 PM

You're right. Our WRs are literally never open on any play ever.

Sandy Vagina
12-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Admittedly, i rarely pay attention to you. Just seems when you so post is the same boring negative crap.

Seems like some kind of work release program. OTW and is butt buddy htis? would show up here with their Alex-driven miseries for a week.. a few days... and then disappear for a month. Then, back they come, if just for a short while... always with the same Alex is the Antichrist agenda... then gone again.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2014, 03:02 PM
You're right. Our WRs are literally never open on any play ever.

This group of WR's is so bad and so irrelevant in the NFL its amazing...

I don't think I have ever seen a group so pathetic as this group.. Impressive feet by the Chiefs...

petegz28
12-01-2014, 03:10 PM

Drew Brees. Ever heard of him?

Baby Lee
12-01-2014, 03:18 PM

No it's not, because in baseball, so long as you don't give up the 3rd out the game is never over.

MahiMike
12-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Broncos are just better and we all know it.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Broncos are just better and we all know it.

Raiders too eh?

Jakemall
12-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Raiders too eh?

Every team if the OL plays like that and the defense can't learn to tackle.

JC averaged 3.5 yards and Alex was sacked 6 times and pressured how many?

Defense has allowed how many yards rushing?

That's a losing combo.

Rausch
12-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Every team if the OL plays like that and the defense can't learn to tackle.

JC averaged 3.5 yards and Alex was sacked 6 times and pressured how many?

Defense has allowed how many yards rushing?

That's a losing combo.

Hard for the Defense to shut a team down with three consecutive 3 and outs to start the game...and then three turnovers...and then 400 sacks...

Simply Red
12-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Per Adam Teicher

http://i.imgur.com/uIxuWYM.gif

Jakemall
12-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Hard for the Defense to shut a team down with three consecutive 3 and outs to start the game...and then three turnovers...and then 400 sacks...

Actually, it's easier in the 1st qtr than later..not usually gassed in the 1st...but your point isn't wrong. Yesterday was a clusterfuck and I don't think anyone looked good...except the kick returning team.

Simply Red
12-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I really no longer care - not only am I not going to a game - I doubt I'll watch any more that closely.

Chief Roundup
12-01-2014, 07:33 PM
It should have been

We won't be buying him hardly anything. We might be drafting him some help at those positions though.

Mav
12-01-2014, 10:34 PM
He was kicked out of my college.

Jakemall
12-01-2014, 10:36 PM
He was kicked out of my college.

RealSNR
12-02-2014, 12:58 AM

Do you have a link to that gif of that girl in the stands at a game (I think) who yells out something naughty and then covers her mouth like she's really embarrassed?

That one's my favorite. I also need to use it for something else.