PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Charles has a bruised knee!!

penbrook
12-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Reid is optimistic that Charles will play against Arizona on Sunday.

He is listed as questionable for Sunday

TimBone
12-01-2014, 04:01 PM
10 carries is a heck of a load on a back.

BigCatDaddy
12-01-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm optimistic it won't mean jack shit until we either a good QB or about 4 or 5 other potential HOF's besides JC on offense.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Glass

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Arizona's run defense is crazy good anyway. I'd rather see Knile banged up the middle for 1 yard gains repeatedly than Jamaal and risk injury..

We paid Alex a shit ton of money. Let him go win us some games.

Dayze
12-01-2014, 04:09 PM
I wonder how many of our players already have their bags packed to haul ass out of town minutes after the Charger game.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Shut him down for the year.

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Glass

You're a fucking retard.

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 04:11 PM

You're also a fucking retard.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 04:13 PM
You're also a fucking retard.

What good does it do the Chiefs he suffers something like an ACL injury in the next four games when it's likely the season is over with?

Easy 6
12-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Whatever, just go ahead and put him on ice for the rest of the year, we're not winning shit anyway.

Last night WAS the playoffs... and we lost.

LoneWolf
12-01-2014, 04:16 PM
What good does it do the Chiefs he suffers something like an ACL injury in the next four games when it's likely the season is over with?

KC currently controls their own destiny for a playoff birth. Are you trying to catch Ramtard in the dumbest fucking poster on CP race?

TimBone
12-01-2014, 04:17 PM
You have to stop, man. I don't know if you're depressed about the team, or what....but you have some of the worst football posts on this board.

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 04:17 PM

We've got something like a %50 chance of making the playoffs.

I would have liked to see at least one win over the past two weeks as anyone would but there is still a lot of football left to be played.

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 04:18 PM
We're 2 games above .500 with 4 games left to play and you pussies are talking about sending perfectly healthy, All-Pro caliber players to IR LMAO

That's just not how this shit works.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2014, 04:21 PM
You have to stop, man. I don't know if you're depressed about the team, or what....but you have some of the worst football posts on this board.

You've been around here a year and haven't figured this place out yet?

pugsnotdrugs19
12-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Arizona isn't exactly doing any better than us lately. They don't run well.

Let's try to win a damn game. Who knows, the line is changing this week.

Easy 6
12-01-2014, 04:28 PM
We're 2 games above .500 with 4 games left to play and you pussies are talking about sending perfectly healthy, All-Pro caliber players to IR LMAO

Anyone that thinks I'm serious about JC needs a meter check, but last night had playoff caliber implications and intensity (from denver, atleast)... did last nights performance with so much on the line make you feel good about our chances IF we make the playoffs.

KCUnited
12-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Better come out throwin'.

gold_and_red
12-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Better come out throwin'.

No Andy has to prove that he outthought Arians. Since they expect us to come out passing we won't do it.

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Anyone that thinks I'm serious about JC needs a meter check, but last night had playoff caliber implications and intensity (from denver, atleast)... did last nights performance with so much on the line make you feel good about our chances IF we make the playoffs.

No, of course not. I'm also trying to be realistic here.

We've got tons of flaws. We were hit by the injury bug worse than most any team. We've played one of the toughest schedules of most any team. We play in one of the best divisions in the league.

We also have to remember that we were no powerhouse this year in the first place. As far as talent is concerned, we had no business beating Denver or even keeping it close for that matter. They're just a horrible, horrible matchup for us.

Still, we played worse last night than we have all season with some of the most costly turnovers/missed opportunities and still only got beat by two scores.

We wouldn't beat the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs but we definitely could snag a win at Indy or Cinci. We have one of the youngest rosters in the league and a culture that needs changing. This organization is starving for a playoff win. Get one of those and we just might start to see some change around this bitch.

Discuss Thrower

I would have liked to see at least one win over the past two weeks as anyone would but there is still a lot of football left to be played.

You have to think about the long term here.

What's the reward for playing Jamaal Charles here on out... A wild card berth assuming they run the table? Are the Chiefs really a threat to do anything in the playoffs once they get there? Keeping in mind that everyone here knows this team isn't any better than it was last year when it was gifted a 28 point lead that was choked away.

So you're telling me the best case scenario is a first round playoff exit..

What's more than likely is they might win a game or two and miss the playoffs on tiebreakers. Worst case scenario is the Chiefs lose out and go 7-9 and JC gets hurt in one of those meaningless four games and his status next season is in doubt.

With his contract and his age it makes no sense to try and make a "win one for the gipper" charge this season and try and put the team in the best position to try and win next year.

Dayze
I know that you know, that I know - that you know I'm going to pass. so I'm going to run. OR, maybe you don't know what i think you know.... / Reid

RealSNR
12-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Glass

Because he has a bruised knee :spock:

I mean, that stinks for him, but he's Jamaal fucking Charles and it's a freakin bruised knee. Andy may as well have said that Charles woke up with a bad hair day, and that he's "optimistic" he'll play on Sunday

penbrook
12-01-2014, 04:34 PM

Were currently the #6 seed

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 04:36 PM

Chiefs win next week they are just a little over 50% to make the playoffs. Lose and it's 70% certain they're out. (http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/chiefswhatif.html)

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Because he has a bruised knee :spock:

I mean, that stinks for him, but he's Jamaal fucking Charles and it's a freakin bruised knee. Andy may as well have said that Charles woke up with a bad hair day, and that he's "optimistic" he'll play on Sunday

There it is.

Show me a starting RB in this league that is 100% healthy at this point in the season.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
I'm just kidding.

eDave

You must be new here.

ThaVirus
12-01-2014, 04:42 PM

What's the reward for playing Jamaal Charles here on out... A wild card berth assuming they run the table? Are the Chiefs really a threat to do anything in the playoffs once they get there? Keeping in mind that everyone here knows this team isn't any better than it was last year when it was gifted a 28 point lead that was choked away.

What's more than likely is they might win a game or two and miss the playoffs on tiebreakers. Worst case scenario is the Chiefs lose out and go 7-9 and JC gets hurt in one of those meaningless four games and his status next season is in doubt.

With his contract and his age it makes no sense to try and make a "win one for the gipper" charge this season and try and put the team in the best position to try and win next year.

Well to start, best case scenario would obviously be a Super Bowl trophy.. And this isn't some true fan "if we just get in them anything can happen!" bullshit.

I recognize the fact that we aren't likely to do much of anything beyond the divisional round, I admitted as much in the post you quoted. I also recognize the fact that the intangible reward for making the playoffs and squeaking out even one win is far more valuable than picking 19 in the draft as opposed to 25.

Simply Red
12-01-2014, 04:53 PM
There it is.

Show me a starting RB in this league that is 100% healthy at this point in the season.

Ray Rice

Simply Red
12-01-2014, 04:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uIxuWYM.gif

eDave
12-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Ray Rice

:D

MahiMike
12-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Whatever, just go ahead and put him on ice for the rest of the year, we're not winning shit anyway.

Last night WAS the playoffs... and we lost.

yup.

Easy 6
12-01-2014, 05:30 PM
We wouldn't beat the #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs but we definitely could snag a win at Indy or Cinci. We have one of the youngest rosters in the league and a culture that needs changing. This organization is starving for a playoff win. Get one of those and we just might start to see some change around this bitch.

If we can win a playoff game this year then you bet I'd feel much better about things, thats all I've been asking for since the offseason.

But this game, this took the piss out of me like crazy, cant beat that mfer ONE time? at home with so much on the line? ugghh. They didnt just lose, they looked pathetic doing it, I've NEVER turned the channel on a Chiefs game so early in my life.

Mr. Laz
12-01-2014, 05:32 PM
We need to sit charles for the rest of the year so he can get healthy.

Kman34
12-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Football players play.... Dumbasses type....

farmerchief
12-01-2014, 06:10 PM
We need to sit charles for the rest of the year so he can get healthy.
I thought we had been limiting his touches, just for that reason?:banghead:

ping2000
12-01-2014, 07:24 PM
If he can't play, the team should dedicate the Arizona game to him. Oh wait . . .

notorious
12-01-2014, 07:25 PM
If he can't play, the team should dedicate the Arizona game to him. Oh wait . . .

Maybe one of our Offensive Linemen will off themselves to motivate the team.

It worked pretty well before.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2014, 11:24 AM
give him 35-40 carries...

jd1020
12-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I guess if he doesnt start then Davis will have a chance to match his total yards over the last 9 games (102).

Baby Lee
12-02-2014, 11:32 AM

You're a FUCKING RETARD!

There isn't a good thing that happens around this team that you won't attribute to dumb luck, nor a bad thing that happens that you won't overinflate into some immutable fatal flaw.

Knee jerk pessimism isn't a strategy, or in any way a sign of intelligence.

I'd compare you to Eeyore, but even he's drawn too cute for your brand of mopey stupidity.

Dartgod
12-02-2014, 11:36 AM

Oh shit, you were serious! ROFL

Your and idiot.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Discuss is dumb as fuck

Dave Lane
12-02-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm optimistic it won't mean jack shit until we either a good QB or about 4 or 5 other potential HOF's besides JC on offense.

If we can clone 5 Willie Roafs and 4 Megatrons Alex will shine. Just you wait and see!