PDA

View Full Version : Football Alabama v Auburn, Paul Finebaum SEC

Chiefnj2
12-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Saturday night I'm flipping channels and see Alabama v Auburn on ESPN/SEC. But, it's not the regular broadcast, it's the Paul Finebaum broadcast. He's some bald middle aged guy who doesn't say much, but he had 4 former players with him(McElroy, booger McFarland and I don't remember who else). These guys would break down the game every play.

It was a very unusual way to watch a game, but also the most educational viewing. Between just about every single play they would replay and diagram why it did,or didn't work, what the team was trying to do, looks, coverages, etc. Very informative.

Anyone ever see this and know whether it is done every week, or just an Iron Bowl special? Pretty amazing how quickly they can break everything down.

Dayze
12-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Damn. I didn't see that. I would love to have seen something like that.

TribalElder
12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Saturday night I'm flipping channels and see Alabama v Auburn on ESPN/SEC. But, it's not the regular broadcast, it's the Paul Finebaum broadcast. He's some bald middle aged guy who doesn't say much, but he had 4 former players with him(McElroy, booger McFarland and I don't remember who else). These guys would break down the game every play.

It was a very unusual way to watch a game, but also the most educational viewing. Between just about every single play they would replay and diagram why it did,or didn't work, what the team was trying to do, looks, coverages, etc. Very informative.

Anyone ever see this and know whether it is done every week, or just an Iron Bowl special? Pretty amazing how quickly they can break everything down.

I caught Booger breaking down plays on SEC network one night and my friend and I were in awe of that dude ROFL

he is up there with these crooked ass fingers that were probably broke playing football and pointing out every assignment and all kinds of shit. Calling people out who messed up on each play

Mind = Blown

LMAO booger mcfarland

KCTitus
12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Something similar was done in last seasons National Championship. It was very interesting to watch.

kstater
12-01-2014, 08:07 PM
But PAAAWWWWWLLLLL

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 08:20 PM
And the MLB playoffs doing the sabermetric commentary

bdj23
12-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Paul Finebaum is a walking, talking penis.

tk13
12-01-2014, 08:29 PM
I only saw the part during halftime where they took calls. You missed this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_HvOgVTlH_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bdj23
12-01-2014, 08:33 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_HvOgVTlH_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Secsecsec

LoneWolf
12-01-2014, 08:55 PM

Her IQ has a higher ranking than Auburn.

Pepe Silvia
12-01-2014, 09:01 PM

ugh can't stand that tammy bitch. :cuss:

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Haha bama and auburn fans are hilarious

Reaper16
12-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Finebaum is a treasure. He's the biggest master troll in the entire American south. The people that call into his show represent the true idiot's pulse of the SEC. Because he's Birmingham based, any time either Alabama or Auburn loses a game is the funniest time to listen.

TribalElder
12-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I hope Mizzou wins so we get a shitload of these calls lol

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Finebaum hates Mizzou

Reaper16
12-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Finebaum hates Mizzou

Everyone thinks Finebaum hates their team (well, except for Alabama fans. Most of 'em anyway). Same with Verne & Gary on CBS.

sd4chiefs
12-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Classic Bama Phyllis call

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6n6jxMKUluE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predarat
12-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Hope they do this for the essss ayeeee seeaayyyy Championship and bowl games.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Finebaum is a treasure. He's the biggest master troll in the entire American south. The people that call into his show represent the true idiot's pulse of the SEC. Because he's Birmingham based, any time either Alabama or Auburn loses a game is the funniest time to listen.

One thing that torques me about Finebaum is how he changes his opinion based upon the individual he's talking to. Whenever he does an interview w/ the local Mizzou-based station he's effusive with his praise of the program and, lately, Pinkel, but on his national show, he offers little other than contempt for them.

Given his roots and past I understand the Alabama lean, but his is often Pravda-esque.

Reaper16
12-02-2014, 12:04 PM
One thing that torques me about Finebaum is how he changes his opinion based upon the individual he's talking to. Whenever he does an interview w/ the local Mizzou-based station he's effusive with his praise of the program and, lately, Pinkel, but on his national show, he offers little other than contempt for them.

Given his roots and past I understand the Alabama lean, but his is often Pravda-esque.

Yeah, his show is a troll-fest. He's more fair in his radio interviews and such because the shows aren't bringing him on to troll, they want to hear his analysis. It's strange: his troll show's success gave him a broader analyst's platform. So he wears both hats now.

Discuss Thrower
12-02-2014, 12:54 PM
I wanna call in and ask if he actually enjoyed working with Kate Mulgrew and Robert Beltran

Skyy God
12-02-2014, 02:11 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N5-eirdAXMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
12-02-2014, 02:32 PM
that clip is a microcosm of why I don't watch ESPN, short of a college game or maybe MNF.

Eleazar
12-02-2014, 02:47 PM
They did something like this during the MLB playoffs. Basically, a broadcast for sports nuts, statisticians, tacticians... not for the general public.

Saved me from listening to Joe Buck, so I loved it.