PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kelce Does Something Good...For KC Kids

gblowfish
12-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Sorry if a Q:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/travis-kelce-steps-in-for-eric-berry-in-shopping-trip-for-kids/30023084?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=kmbc%2B9%2Bnews

NDEPENDENCE, Mo. —A group of Kansas City children got a surprise shopping spree with a rising star of the Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday.

A J.C. Penney store in Independence hosted the event as part of Giving Tuesday. About 100 kids got a surprise trip to the store and received $100 each to buy whatever they wanted.

Jasmine Harris, like many of the children, decided to spend the money on family and friends instead of herself. She tried on a pair of shoes for her cousin, who she said wears the same size.

"I now know what I'm going to get my almost half-twin cousin," she said.

Chiefs second-year tight end Travis Kelce helped with the shopping experience. Kelce stepped in for Chiefs star Eric Berry, who is undergoing tests in Atlanta to determine whether he has lymphoma.

"I shot him a text or two when he told the team what was going down," Kelce said.

He said he was grateful for the chance to help his friend and teammate, all while connected with Kansas City children who look up to an NFL star.

"Just to show them I'm just a human being too," Kelce said. "I was once in your shoes and nothing can stop you from getting where I am now."

In all, J.C. Penney gave away $100,000 to Kansas City children for gifts many decided to share with others.

Dayze
12-03-2014, 04:53 PM
there's a gleam....

Big Poppa Payne
12-03-2014, 05:26 PM
That Jasmine Harris is a sweetheart