PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 5 Things Keep The Chiefs a Pretender not A Contender

Shox
12-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Ok in the wake of the total melt down and anything and everything associated with the Chiefs is wrong let's take a realistic analysis. In today's NFL there is NO team without holes. The business side along with the lack of practice time make it impossible to have truly dominate teams like the past. Those days are gone and the NFL does not care to fix it.

So what is holding back the Chiefs from really being a contender? Here are five things in order of biggest problem to lesser problem.

1. Andy Reid. Watching Andy this season I really believe he is the biggest problem. In some ways he is a GREAT coach. He does have a great offensive mind. But he has major flaws in the following areas:

HE IS STUBBORN and/or ARROGANT. His absolute refusal to stretch the field (I believe it is more him than Smith) is just amazing. He does not care what the other team is doing, he thinks he can just out scheme and out execute them. More often than not, he does for good stretches of the game. If he would just take some shots early to keep them honest, but he won't. In a sixty minute game you can't play a professional D and be successful and only use the 5 yards on either side of the line of scrimmage.

HORRENDOUS CLOCK MANAGER. There is a long history of issues with Andy's amazing lack of competence in this area. All teams from time to time pull off some really terrible two minutes drives....the ball bounces wrong, doesn't get out of bounds, don't stop the clock at the right time etc etc. It happens, but Andy is consistent. Almost every time you are scratching your head at best, or just plan rolling on the floor laughing at how inept it was.

NOT AN EMOTIONAL LEADER. As bad as he is in the two previous areas I really think this might be the biggest problem with Andy. I like a coach who is calm and under control. But football is an emotional game. A football team always reflects the leader's personality. In two season under Andy I have never seen the Chiefs play emotional, fired-up, enthusiastic football. Didn't see it in Philly either. My goodness you just had one of the leaders of your team get diagnosed with a terrible disease and the best we could do was wear the emotion on a t-shirt. It sure didn't translate to the field. Oh you can see them try sometimes. They run around and jump up and down, slap each other in the head. But, you don't see guys flying to the ball on D or running over defenders. The Chiefs play far to much for the business of football and not enough love of football.

2. Problem #2 is Mike McGlynn. The Oline has other issues, but McGlynn is by far the biggest one. I really do not understand why they refuse to give someone else a chance. It can't be any worse. I certainly have not done any statistical analysis but in watch every game McGlynn has to be responsible for at least 50% of the Oline breakdowns this year. It is not just one area, he gets beat every way imaginable. Bull rush-check, whiffs-check, doesn't block the inside gap-check. I think Andy likes the guy because he is pretty good at pulling and making open field blocks, but the other stuff is far to big a negative.

Fix McGlynn and this line would be very serviceable. Not great, but serviceable.

3. Ignoring the WR group. How in the the world they did not add a WR during the off-season is just plan unimaginable. And this draft was loaded at WR. I get they tried to get Sanders, but it does not matter. You can't try you had to get a professional WR. I guess Andy would argue I wasn't planning on using them so why waste the picks. You could let the entire group go tomorrow, and Bowe would be the only guy who would even get another job.

4. Refusal to use Travis Kelce. Almost every single time they throw him the ball it is a 10, 15, 20 yard completion. Why don't you get him 10 targets game in and game out. Does Brady feed Gronk? Does Brees feed Graham? YES and YES. Why, because they are impossible to defend. Kelce is that kind of TE! Use him.

5. Defensive Back End. This Chiefs have had a train wreck in the back end for years now. I don't understand why it has gone on this long. They can't catch, they can't cover, they have no apparent awareness of scheme. I respect the fact playing pass defense is one of the hardest things to do in pro football, but this is ridiculous. I think we have sub-par personnel and then the non-aggressive scheme we deploy does not allow them to be successful. Smith is about the only guy back there who should be retained. Maybe Gaines as he is a rookie.

I realize many would say Alex Smith should be on this list. I agree he is a problem when it comes to wining a Superbowl Championship. It will never happen with Alex. But, Alex can be a very successful QB and you can be a contender and win playoff games with Alex if you fix these other problems. Just not a Superbowl.

The good news is all but Andy is fixable. I say that because Clark will not pull the plug on Andy this quick. The Chiefs have a truck load of picks in the next draft. We get 3 starters and some depth through the draft. Pick up two quality free agents and the Chiefs could, could contend if somehow we can overcome Andy.

If not, it is still so much better than Pioli and Hali.

FloridaMan88
12-08-2014, 09:52 AM
It is 2014 and the Chiefs have no passing game.

The Franchise
12-08-2014, 09:55 AM
If Andy Reid is too stubborn to stretch the field.....than why do you see WRs running deep routes?

This is on Alex Smith and his refusal to throw to anyone who doesn't have at least 3-5 steps on the DB.

Easy 6
12-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Charles touched the ball twelve times... TWELVE.

Let that sink in...

kcxiv
12-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Charles touched the ball twelve times... TWELVE.

Let that sink in...As much as Charles needs to touch the ball more, he was hurt for a while. Also, there is aother players on this team. They just need to throw them the fucking ball and not check it for 3 yards.

Direckshun
12-08-2014, 09:59 AM
This is going to sound really goofy for a lot of you to hear, but the offense isn't that broken.

The second we lost our third tight end, the offense crumbled. Bring in two more WRs and have 3 healthy tight ends, and you'll be fine.

In my mock this morning, I:

1. re-signed Avant
2. brought in Jermaine Kearse
3. drafted Rashad Greene
4. cut Fasano
5. brought in Lance Kendricks
6. drafted C.J. Uzomah

WR: Bowe, Kearse, Greene, Avant, Thomas
TE: Kelce, Kendricks, Uzomah

That largely fixes the passing game. After that, you need to make serious investments at CB and passrusher (assuming we cut Hali -- which I do), and an investment somewhere at OL.

I think all of this can happen this offseason.

chiefzilla1501
12-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Alex Smith is a hell of a lot more responsible for the refusal to throw downfield than Andy Reid. I get that there are a ton of designed short plays. But too many instances of Smith checking away from a receiver who is either open or could be thrown open.

He started to do some of that last year. This year, he's back to the conservative bullshit. For me, Smith is by far the biggest problem.

KCCHIEFS27
12-08-2014, 10:02 AM
If Andy Reid is too stubborn to stretch the field.....than why do you see WRs running deep routes?

This is on Alex Smith and his refusal to throw to anyone who doesn't have at least 3-5 steps on the DB.

I am just curious..who are the WR's that are running deep and at what part of the game?

penbrook
12-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Guys we still control our own destiny

Reerun_KC
12-08-2014, 10:05 AM
It is 2014 and the Chiefs have no passing game.

This....

WCO is out dated now... The short passing game isn't going to win in the NFL. This is the new Al Davis league. Just air it out baby...

Andy and Alex are not built for the modern day NFL...

Aspengc8
12-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Ok in the wake of the total melt down and anything and everything associated with the Chiefs is wrong let's take a realistic analysis. In today's NFL there is NO team without holes. The business side along with the lack of practice time make it impossible to have truly dominate teams like the past. Those days are gone and the NFL does not care to fix it.

So what is holding back the Chiefs from really being a contender? Here are five things in order of biggest problem to lesser problem.

1. Andy Reid. Watching Andy this season I really believe he is the biggest problem. In some ways he is a GREAT coach. He does have a great offensive mind. But he has major flaws in the following areas:

HE IS STUBBORN and/or ARROGANT. His absolute refusal to stretch the field (I believe it is more him than Smith) is just amazing. He does not care what the other team is doing, he thinks he can just out scheme and out execute them. More often than not, he does for good stretches of the game. If he would just take some shots early to keep them honest, but he won't. In a sixty minute game you can't play a professional D and be successful and only use the 5 yards on either side of the line of scrimmage.

wrong on that. seen A22 film showing 1v1's deep, Alex just wont take a shot.

2. Problem #2 is Mike McGlynn. The Oline has other issues, but McGlynn is by far the biggest one. I really do not understand why they refuse to give someone else a chance. It can't be any worse. I certainly have not done any statistical analysis but in watch every game McGlynn has to be responsible for at least 50% of the Oline breakdowns this year. It is not just one area, he gets beat every way imaginable. Bull rush-check, whiffs-check, doesn't block the inside gap-check. I think Andy likes the guy because he is pretty good at pulling and making open field blocks, but the other stuff is far to big a negative.

Fix McGlynn and this line would be very serviceable. Not great, but serviceable.

agree on the patchwork OL sucking it up.

3. Ignoring the WR group. How in the the world they did not add a WR during the off-season is just plan unimaginable. And this draft was loaded at WR. I get they tried to get Sanders, but it does not matter. You can't try you had to get a professional WR. I guess Andy would argue I wasn't planning on using them so why waste the picks. You could let the entire group go tomorrow, and Bowe would be the only guy who would even get another job.

agreed

4. Refusal to use Travis Kelce. Almost every single time they throw him the ball it is a 10, 15, 20 yard completion. Why don't you get him 10 targets game in and game out. Does Brady feed Gronk? Does Brees feed Graham? YES and YES. Why, because they are impossible to defend. Kelce is that kind of TE! Use him.

Perfect example why is yesterday. 2 big drops, a huge missed block (DAT got blown up on the jet sweep), and a late game fumble.

5. Defensive Back End. This Chiefs have had a train wreck in the back end for years now. I don't understand why it has gone on this long. They can't catch, they can't cover, they have no apparent awareness of scheme. I respect the fact playing pass defense is one of the hardest things to do in pro football, but this is ridiculous. I think we have sub-par personnel and then the non-aggressive scheme we deploy does not allow them to be successful. Smith is about the only guy back there who should be retained. Maybe Gaines as he is a rookie.

some of this is because of KC's defensive scheme, which relies on generating 4 man pass rush. Tamba/Poe not really doing too much on the pass rush. Mauga and JMJ horrid in coverage. Wat do??

I realize many would say Alex Smith should be on this list. I agree he is a problem when it comes to wining a Superbowl Championship. It will never happen with Alex. But, Alex can be a very successful QB and you can be a contender and win playoff games with Alex if you fix these other problems. Just not a Superbowl.

The good news is all but Andy is fixable. I say that because Clark will not pull the plug on Andy this quick. The Chiefs have a truck load of picks in the next draft. We get 3 starters and some depth through the draft. Pick up two quality free agents and the Chiefs could, could contend if somehow we can overcome Andy.

comments in red. Andy not going anywhere for a while, me think.

Bwana
12-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Good post with a lot of valid points.

Aspengc8
12-08-2014, 10:08 AM
This....

WCO is out dated now... The short passing game isn't going to win in the NFL. This is the new Al Davis league. Just air it out baby...

We use some WCO passing concepts, but then again ALL NFL teams do. Their are vertically passing concepts we use... Alex won't take a shot.

Reerun_KC
12-08-2014, 10:12 AM
We use some WCO passing concepts, but then again ALL NFL teams do. Their are vertically passing concepts we use... Alex won't take a shot.

True, Alex wont take a shot, the OL refuse to hold pass blocks, our WR is just trash from top to bottom... Water is wet, sky is blue...

You factor in all 3 of those and you get the Chiefs offense...

Mile High Mania
12-08-2014, 10:12 AM
KC's 1-2 punch received 11 carries... they caught 5 passes for 23 yards.

During the 3 loss span, the combined rush attempts were 17, 15 and 24.

If you're not a passing team, those rush attempts should be higher. Those rush attempt totals aren't that much different compared to the previous 3 wins, but ... that's the issue, IMO.

If you're a rush oriented team --- run the damn ball. KC has scored 9 points in the 2H of the last two games.

Run the damn ball... that's the mantra, sounds simple, but not sure why they don't do it more consistently. I don't know what the breakdown is on rushes per half during the last 3 games.

Shox
12-08-2014, 10:20 AM
One other thing about the Chiefs, the window is actually closing. Charles will be 28 this month. Still has a couple of years left with elite status, but after that all bets are off.

If you take Charles of this team it is a dumpster fire. This draft coming up could really determine if the Chiefs will be a team on the rise or team who will flounder in the bottom half for another 1/2 a decade. They have a ton of picks and need to land some quality football players not just for next year, but for the the next FIVE years.

Aspengc8
12-08-2014, 10:20 AM
KC's 1-2 punch received 11 carries... they caught 5 passes for 23 yards.

During the 3 loss span, the combined rush attempts were 17, 15 and 24.

If you're not a passing team, those rush attempts should be higher. Those rush attempt totals aren't that much different compared to the previous 3 wins, but ... that's the issue, IMO.

If you're a rush oriented team --- run the damn ball. KC has scored 9 points in the 2H of the last two games.

Run the damn ball... that's the mantra, sounds simple, but not sure why they don't do it more consistently. I don't know what the breakdown is on rushes per half during the last 3 games.

This is my biggest gripe with the play calling. We traded for one of the best run blocking fullbacks in the league, and he is on the sideline for 90% of the plays.

Reerun_KC
12-08-2014, 10:25 AM
1) The Hunts family lack of desire to be anything more than average
2) Shit HC's for the last 3 decades ( only been watching since 1988 ) Always dealing with a mid to bottom level coach that is always 3-5 steps behind modern day NFL coaches.
3) Never willing to draft and develop a QB
4) Wash, rinse, repeat steps 1-3
5) Drink more beer in the parking lot.

Mav
12-08-2014, 10:29 AM
This is my biggest gripe with the play calling. We traded for one of the best run blocking fullbacks in the league, and he is on the sideline for 90% of the plays.

This is a good point. Made more moronic that once we lost Harris, we did away with that three te formation that was working so well. So why not get Sherman more involved now? The guy is the best blocking fullback in football.

Nah.

Shitty o line, one of the best running backs in football, SHERMAN, PLAY SPECIAL TEAMS.

Easy 6
12-08-2014, 10:30 AM
As much as Charles needs to touch the ball more, he was hurt for a while. Also, there is aother players on this team. They just need to throw them the ****ing ball and not check it for 3 yards.

Thats certainly true, we have other guys, very talented other guys... and they were underused too.

Davis touched the ball 4 times.

Thomas touched it 3.

Nineteen total touches for running backs when you include Charles... thats not even enough touches for the starting back, let alone three.

Easy 6
12-08-2014, 10:33 AM
This....

I dont agree that the WCO is outdated, its all about how its being used here... Reid used to go bombs away ALL of the time in Philly.

jLoy88
12-08-2014, 10:34 AM
When Alex has less than 1.2 god damn seconds from the snap to release the ball it is hard for receivers to get open much less for him to find them. Our O-Line is a big steaming pile of waste, every starter on that front line is a 3rd stringer/practice squad member for a real team. So damn frustrating watching the other team in the leagues form a nice pocket on a 3 man rush for their QB to read the field. While our guys can't stop a 3 man rush from coming uncontested up the middle. Alex is conservative to a fault, but man he is probably 9th or 10th on the list of shortcomings this team needs to fix

Garcia Bronco
12-08-2014, 10:36 AM
55 years and the Chiefs still haven't developed a QB on their own. I've always viewed this as the number 1 reason the Chiefs struggle from year-to-year

chiefzilla1501
12-08-2014, 10:38 AM
I dont agree that the WCO is outdated, its all about how its being used here... Reid used to go bombs away ALL of the time in Philly.
I also agree. Reid has incorporated a lot of spread concepts into his scheme. This is an excellent scheme. But the logic to the playcalling needs to improve and players have to execute.

Easy 6
12-08-2014, 10:43 AM
I also agree. Reid has incorporated a lot of spread concepts into his scheme. This is an excellent scheme. But the logic to the playcalling needs to improve and players have to execute.

WR screens make me want to push old people down stairs.

chiefzilla1501
12-08-2014, 10:43 AM
When Alex has less than 1.2 god damn seconds from the snap to release the ball it is hard for receivers to get open much less for him to find them. Our O-Line is a big steaming pile of waste, every starter on that front line is a 3rd stringer/practice squad member for a real team. So damn frustrating watching the other team in the leagues form a nice pocket on a 3 man rush for their QB to read the field. While our guys can't stop a 3 man rush from coming uncontested up the middle. Alex is conservative to a fault, but man he is probably 9th or 10th on the list of shortcomings this team needs to fix
When your qb refuses to throw open his receivers, he's not going to get rid of the ball quickly. Nor will it matter what receivers you have.

The Franchise
12-08-2014, 10:45 AM
When your qb refuses to throw open his receivers, he's not going to get rid of the ball quickly. Nor will it matter what receivers you have.

This.

Alex can fuck off with his one read and shit pants offense.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2014, 10:48 AM
If you don't think AS can win you a SB, then he is the #1 problem.

TEX
12-08-2014, 10:49 AM

I agree totally with your take on the OL. I also feel that Smith has regressed because of it. What's gets me is since the Chiefs were going with a QB who needs things around him to be solid in order to be successful, they were dead wrong in going with this OL. Last year, in year 1 of this offense, Smith had "issues" but was decent, and downright good the last 6-7 games (and the playoff game) with basically the same WR's (minus Dex) and an OL that was much better than the current group but was not all that great by any means...I really doubt ANY QB could do well with this OL protecting him week after week. I saw one of the best to ever play the game lose 43-8 last season, and another one lose 41-14 this season, under similar circumstances...

Reerun_KC
12-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Big Candy is the same God Damn coach in KC as he was in Philly.... Same with Herm Fucking Edwards in KC as in NYJ.

People are too quick to buy into a coach when he dons the Red and Gold...

Big Candy is a nothing more than a Pantry buster... He hand picked Alex Smith. Let that sink in for awhile.

The Franchise
12-08-2014, 10:50 AM

Jesus Fucking Christ.....about fucking time someone said it.

Reerun_KC
12-08-2014, 10:51 AM

I don't think Reid can win you a super bowl at HC. So to me he is the #1 problem. Everything else is just CP fodder.

AS or no AS, Reid isn't getting you to a Super bowl in KC.

Reerun_KC
12-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Jesus ****ing Christ.....about ****ing time someone said it.

Yeah restating the obvious for the past 2 years is about fucking time?

The Franchise
12-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Yeah restating the obvious for the past 2 years is about ****ing time?

Coming from him? Yeah....it's about fucking time.

Reerun_KC
12-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Coming from him? Yeah....it's about ****ing time.:hmmm:

chiefzilla1501
12-08-2014, 10:56 AM
This.

Alex can fuck off with his one read and shit pants offense.
I would be okay with it if he converted third downs and closed games. He hasn't.

The Franchise
12-08-2014, 11:01 AM
I would be okay with it if he converted third downs and closed games. He hasn't.

I'll never be ok with it.

Real QBs don't allow the defense to put 8 in the box and dare you to beat them. Real QBs keep a fucking defense honest.

Reerun_KC
12-08-2014, 11:03 AM

Real QBs don't allow the defense to put 8 in the box and dare you to beat them. Real QBs keep a ****ing defense honest.

Real coaches do the same thing. They see the trends and blitz's. They prepare and practice hot reads. They have their QB's and WR's on the same page...

Strange when you don't have a real coach or real QB what happens.

chiefzilla1501
12-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Real QBs don't allow the defense to put 8 in the box and dare you to beat them. Real QBs keep a fucking defense honest.
There's a few things I like about the approach. An efficient attack burns a lot of clock and wears defenses out. It helps your running game immensely. There's a lot to be said for a QB who can win games in the huddle instead of hurry up. These things help your defense out a lot. Smith does keep us in every single game. We almost always have a chance to seal the deal or win on the final drive.

We just can't close. If Smith did what he did today but was an above average closer, this would be a totally different conversation. Between the last 2 years, I think there are about 6 of 7 losses where we lost due to failure to convert on the last drive.

Dunerdr
12-08-2014, 11:43 AM
This is going to sound really goofy for a lot of you to hear, but the offense isn't that broken.

The second we lost our third tight end, the offense crumbled. Bring in two more WRs and have 3 healthy tight ends, and you'll be fine.

In my mock this morning, I:

1. re-signed Avant
2. brought in Jermaine Kearse
3. drafted Rashad Greene
4. cut Fasano
5. brought in Lance Kendricks
6. drafted C.J. Uzomah

WR: Bowe, Kearse, Greene, Avant, Thomas
TE: Kelce, Kendricks, Uzomah

That largely fixes the passing game. After that, you need to make serious investments at CB and passrusher (assuming we cut Hali -- which I do), and an investment somewhere at OL.

I think all of this can happen this offseason.

I don't alway like your post but this would be a massive improvement. I really like the kearse signing.

The Franchise
12-08-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't alway like your post but this would be a massive improvement. I really like the kearse signing.

It's delaying the inevitable.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Why is McGlynn still playing?

penbrook
12-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Why is McGlynn still playing?

Reid said he brings that nastyness to the O line.

He was mannings guard in Indy. Now I know why he had a broken neck and had to get surgery.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Reid said he brings that nastyness to the O line.

He was mannings guard in Indy. Now I know why he had a broken neck and had to get surgery.

Reid is obviously full of shit.

Hydrae
12-08-2014, 12:41 PM
There's a few things I like about the approach. An efficient attack burns a lot of clock and wears defenses out. It helps your running game immensely. There's a lot to be said for a QB who can win games in the huddle instead of hurry up. These things help your defense out a lot. Smith does keep us in every single game. We almost always have a chance to seal the deal or win on the final drive.

We just can't close. If Smith did what he did today but was an above average closer, this would be a totally different conversation. Between the last 2 years, I think there are about 6 of 7 losses where we lost due to failure to convert on the last drive.[

That is what I have really noticed this season. Alex cannot put together a winning drive at the end of the game. We have had several games (not just yesterday) where we could have won or tied the game with a final drive but Alex has shit the bed every time.

I thought getting AS was a good thing and still think the 9ers kept the wrong QB. However, I am off that bandwagon after seeing this lack of ability to close out a game. Makes me really want to see what Murray or Bray might be able to do in that situation (no interest in Daniel, he is only a backup and that is all he should ever be).

rabblerouser
12-08-2014, 01:17 PM

Kelce is a ****ing idiot.

Every single time he makes a play he's SUPPOSED to make, he acts like a ****ing jack off, which is how he got that fumble called yesterday.

If he would just tuck the ball away and secure as he goes down, it's a catch, 1st down Chiefs.

Alas, his inner wigger comes shining through, and he can't wait to flip the ball in the air like he's some stud...

Well, guess what?? Until he stops doing STUPID SHIT LIKE THAT almost EVERY SINGLE TIME HE MAKES A PLAY, he's just as worthless as __________________ (insert any other Chiefs WR/TE here)

And I assume you meant Pioli and Haley, not Hali...

But Todd Haley would have this team at 10 wins already, and contending for the division.

Todd Haley> Andy Reid

Smarter, better offensive mind, better scheming against other defenses. Haley attacks the other teams weaknesses. And he does it more than 10 yards down the field...

ThaVirus
12-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Kelce is a ****ing idiot.

Every single time he makes a play he's SUPPOSED to make, he acts like a ****ing jack off, which is how he got that fumble called yesterday.

If he would just tuck the ball away and secure as he goes down, it's a catch, 1st down Chiefs.

Alas, his inner wigger comes shining through, and he can't wait to flip the ball in the air like he's some stud...

Well, guess what?? Until he stops doing STUPID SHIT LIKE THAT almost EVERY SINGLE TIME HE MAKES A PLAY, he's just as worthless as __________________ (insert any other Chiefs WR/TE here)

And I assume you meant Pioli and Haley, not Hali...

But Todd Haley would have this team at 10 wins already, and contending for the division.

Todd Haley> Andy Reid

Smarter, better offensive mind, better scheming against other defenses. Haley attacks the other teams weaknesses. And he does it more than 10 yards down the field...

ROFL I was waiting on this...

Pablo
12-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Kelce may not be the most brilliant guy; but he's the most talented pass-catcher outside of JC on this team. Easily. He needs to be fed the ball. Maybe he wouldn't get so riled up after every catch if he was targeted on a consistent basis.

He's young. He may be dumb or just be a total bro. But he's going to be a stud.

Pablo
12-08-2014, 01:26 PM
ROFL I was waiting on this...JUST A THUG. MIGHT AS WELL BE POINTIN TO THE BACK OF HIS JERSEY!!!

THANKS BOWE!!!

rabblerouser
12-08-2014, 01:27 PM
ROFL I was waiting on this...

You picked up on it quick.

Kelce is a fucking idiot wigger who isn't as good as he (or everyone else) seems to think he is.

He is a fucking embarrassment.

Pablo
12-08-2014, 01:27 PM
You picked up on it quick.

Kelce is a fucking idiot wigger who isn't as good as he (or everyone else) seems to think he is.

He is a fucking embarrassment.You don't even understand what you're watching.

In short, you're an imbecile.

rabblerouser
12-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Kelce may not be the most brilliant guy; but he's the most talented pass-catcher outside of JC on this team. Easily. He needs to be fed the ball. Maybe he wouldn't get so riled up after every catch if he was targeted on a consistent basis.

He's young. He may be dumb or just be a total bro. But he's going to be a stud.

If he :

1. Actually learns to catch with his hands

And

2. Quits acting like a giant bag of douche everytime he makes a play

Then yeah, he could be really good.

rabblerouser
12-08-2014, 01:30 PM
You don't even understand what you're watching.

In short, you're an imbecile.

I understand that if he holds on to the ball, and doesn't flip it into the air like a moron, his team has a much better chance of winning.

And I don't care what you think of me. You call people names on the internet. I win at life.

Pablo
12-08-2014, 01:30 PM
If he :

1. Actually learns to catch with his hands

And

2. Quits acting like a giant bag of douche everytime he makes a play

Then yeah, he could be really good.He's:

1. Playing his first season in the NFL

2. Always going to be that guy. Get used to it. That's just his attitude and as long as he projects as a very good TE, I don't give a shit about it.

Pablo
12-08-2014, 01:31 PM
I understand that if he holds on to the ball, and doesn't flip it into the air like a moron, his team has a much better chance if winning.

And I don't care what you think of me. You call people names on the internet. I win at life.LMAO

Yes. I guarantee that's what people think of when they think of rabblerouser.

Go you!

chiefzilla1501
12-08-2014, 05:37 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a6/a62a93f93010826d4e3a662fe93e68677cc9c4eefa491f0bd4910b6801792f08.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Reid is probably a great one on one coach. Problem is, he sucks massive choad as a game-day coach.

I mean HUGE cocks.

smith11
12-09-2014, 02:11 AM
Reid is probably a great one on one coach. Problem is, he sucks massive choad as a game-day coach.

I mean HUGE cocks.

someone mentioned clock management and I would note in that regard that the chiefs blew a time out early in the second half when smith took a questionable hit and seemed dazed...would have been nice to have that time out on the cards last drive

Rausch
12-09-2014, 02:20 AM
Or you could shorten it to "Dorsey/Reid have done a horrible job at getting talent for the offense they want to run."

Which we all knew before the season started...

CoMoChief
12-09-2014, 03:18 AM
1. Andy Reid/personnel decisions/playcalling
-Not giving Charles the ball
-Not giving Davis the ball
-Not playing Travis Kelce more
-Not playing Donald Stephenson
-head scratching clock management decisions
-tunnel vision head coach/sticking to something that continues to fail

2. Shitty WR's
-Avery, Avant, Jenkins, Wilson, Hemingway, Hammond, take your pick, they all suck. Dwayne Bowe isn't anything special either unfortunately. The fact that Avant looks like the best WR outside of Bowe, when we just picked him off the street should tell you something. It's no secret as to why we haven't scored a WR TD all season. That's pathetic.

3. Horrible Oline
-McGlynn is AWFUL, don't understand why he's still a starter. He's one of if not the worst interior lineman in all of the NFL this season. Fulton and Fisher continue to get their asses handed to them. They're young, but they suck. Donald Stephenson, who was once labeled as the team's best or 2nd best OL, but for some reason isn't playing a whole lot. Fisher may end up being one of the Chiefs worst draft picks of all time, and his draft slot surely amplifies that...so what. When you're drafted at 1-1 as an OT, you better perform like a Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Orlando Pace etc. Instead we have a guy from Central Michigan who played against sub par competition in college and who at times is completely overwhelmed. He's getting somewhat better, but he needs to be a probowler. It's that simple. Probowl or bust w/ Fisher, and that comes w/ the territory w/ being drafted 1-1.

4. Alex Smith's inability to throw downfield
-To be fair, he doesn't have much to throw to, BUT...there are times where he doesn't even look downfield he immediately checks down, even when there are WR open downfield. He doesn't turn the ball over much which is huge, but he's also not going to lead the team to any comebacks when they're 2 scores behind. His record when the opposing team scores more than 24 pts is downright terrible. I think it's something like 3-36? That's fucking terrible.

5. Defense can't stop the run
-This team misses DJ, Devito and Berry...all crucial in stopping the opposing running game. Poe needs to rest, he gets doubled all game long, there's no one behind him that's worth a shit.

jonzie04
12-09-2014, 03:32 AM
1. Andy Reid/personnel decisions/playcalling
-Not giving Charles the ball
-Not giving Davis the ball
-Not playing Travis Kelce more
-Not playing Donald Stephenson
-head scratching clock management decisions
-tunnel vision head coach/sticking to something that continues to fail

2. Shitty WR's
-Avery, Avant, Jenkins, Wilson, Hemingway, Hammond, take your pick, they all suck. Dwayne Bowe isn't anything special either unfortunately. The fact that Avant looks like the best WR outside of Bowe, when we just picked him off the street should tell you something. It's no secret as to why we haven't scored a WR TD all season. That's pathetic.

3. Horrible Oline
-McGlynn is AWFUL, don't understand why he's still a starter. He's one of if not the worst interior lineman in all of the NFL this season. Fulton and Fisher continue to get their asses handed to them. They're young, but they suck. Donald Stephenson, who was once labeled as the team's best or 2nd best OL, but for some reason isn't playing a whole lot. Fisher may end up being one of the Chiefs worst draft picks of all time, and his draft slot surely amplifies that...so what. When you're drafted at 1-1 as an OT, you better perform like a Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Orlando Pace etc. Instead we have a guy from Central Michigan who played against sub par competition in college and who at times is completely overwhelmed. He's getting somewhat better, but he needs to be a probowler. It's that simple. Probowl or bust w/ Fisher, and that comes w/ the territory w/ being drafted 1-1.

4. Alex Smith's inability to throw downfield
-To be fair, he doesn't have much to throw to, BUT...there are times where he doesn't even look downfield he immediately checks down, even when there are WR open downfield. He doesn't turn the ball over much which is huge, but he's also not going to lead the team to any comebacks when they're 2 scores behind. His record when the opposing team scores more than 24 pts is downright terrible. I think it's something like 3-36? That's ****ing terrible.

5. Defense can't stop the run
-This team misses DJ, Devito and Berry...all crucial in stopping the opposing running game. Poe needs to rest, he gets doubled all game long, there's no one behind him that's worth a shit.

negative, howard, vikerson, and walker are all solid, they could all play nose in spot duty. did you not see walker split that double team sunday? howards like 6 tackles at the LOS the past two weeks? that ones on sutton.

i agree with everything else you said though.

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2014, 06:20 AM
I know a lot of people are pissed at Andy Reid.

I continue to come back to this... The team was in a position to win. They didn't. Chalk it up to bad playcalling or Smith shitting the bed on the final drive . Probably both. But that is the biggest reason we lost. I'm more inclined to go with the latter only because Smith has done this many times before in a Chiefs uniform. I think Reid is capable of putting together a winning drive with a QB who can close.

But then... I agree that both Reid and Smith are a problem.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2014, 07:38 AM
someone mentioned clock management and I would note in that regard that the chiefs blew a time out early in the second half when smith took a questionable hit and seemed dazed...would have been nice to have that time out on the cards last drive

It's become Herm-esque.

Hoover
12-09-2014, 07:41 AM
I think we have a huge MLB issue, I actually like Howard and Bailey at the DE spots.

BigCatDaddy
12-09-2014, 08:10 AM

Big Meat hits one out of the park. After all, that's why you play the games.

Imon Yourside
12-09-2014, 08:35 AM
I don't understand those saying give the ball to charles more, the defense keys only on him and sure he may break one once in a while cuz he's great but we would have more 3 and outs than we do now. Defenses are keying in on just him, so the logical assessment is to actually do the unexpected and throw the ball deeper and actually complete it. If Alex Smith won't do it then get someone in there that will. The CHarles run/dumps offs just are being keyed upon so heavily they will rarely work. I feel like this is Paul Hackett all over again.

cmh6476
12-09-2014, 10:19 AM
nice list, mine would be:

1. Other teams are too good
2. We need a better long-snapper
3. Hotter cheerleaders
4. Cheaper stadium beer
5. Improve our PK