PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Avery or Wilson?

penbrook
12-08-2014, 10:20 AM
From yesterday's abysmal performance from the chiefs offense there was a positive note and that was Albert Wilson who had 4 catches for 52 yards. I think the Avery era will be coming to a end and a emergence of a star in Wilson is born. One can dream can't he!

penbrook
12-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Wilson played 48 snaps on offense. Second best for a reciever behind Bowe at 54. And Avery only played 1 snap yesterday

Easy 6
12-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Avery is most likely gone, I wont lose any sleep.

BigMeatballDave
12-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Wilson, definitely.

Good bye, Avery.

jd1020
12-08-2014, 10:52 AM
I thought Wilson was going to step into McClusters role after the preseason.

ModSocks
12-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Maybe. Maybe as a slot receiver or something. There's nothing special about him yet.

I thought it was pretty apparent why he rarely saw the field up until that point though. Seemed like every play Smith had to tell him where to line up and when to go in motion. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some plays out there where he ran the wrong routes too.

jonzie04
12-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Ive been wanting more wilson since the preseason. I think he could be pretty good. Hes got some nice speed, pretty good hands, hes built like a rb, and has some pretty nice moves. That cut he made back inside against cromartie, and then lowering his head was a nice play. Hes a great fit for our scheme, and I think he'll develop into a decent slot receiver.

TLO
12-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Wilson also had a key drop yesterday.

Sandy Vagina
12-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Wilson..

Wilson, Hammond, and maybe Avant should be the only WRs staying on the roster in 2015.

I include Hammond, because he would be a dirt-cheap ERFA re-sign and the #5 wideout that can be an acceptable option as a returner. Avant looks decent so far, and may return on another cheap 1 yr deal.

Bring in a vet like Maclin or Torrey Smith... draft a top WR..

1. Maclin / Smith
2. 1st rd rookie.. Parker or White preferred
3. Avant
4. Wilson (or will DAT be the guy?)
5. Hammond Jr.

save a bunch of money from dumping Bowe, Avery, and AJJ.

Draft OL x2, an ILB, and DB with remaining picks.

Molitoth
12-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Whoever runs the best routes under 10 yards. Anything over and Alex Smith won't throw it.

ModSocks
12-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Wilson..

Wilson, Hammond, and maybe Avant should be the only WRs staying on the roster in 2015.

I include Hammond, because he would be a dirt-cheap ERFA re-sign and the #5 wideout that can be an acceptable option as a returner. Avant looks decent so far, and may return on another cheap 1 yr deal.

Bring in a vet like Maclin or Torrey Smith... draft a top WR..

1. Maclin / Smith
2. 1st rd rookie.. Parker or White preferred
3. Avant
4. Wilson (or will DAT be the guy?)
5. Hammond Jr.

save a bunch of money from dumping Bowe, Avery, and AJJ.

Draft OL x2, an ILB, and DB with remaining picks.

Garbage Plan.

Torrey Smith? Really? What are the Chiefs going to do with a WR that primarily runs go routes? Throw the ball downfield to him? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Maclin wouldn't be any more productive than Bowe, except Maclin has a long injury history, will still cost good $$, and you'll have to eat Bowe's dead money. There's nothing wrong with Bowe.

TheUte
12-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Cut all the WR's and sign a bunch of TE's. AS will be happy.

dj56dt58
12-08-2014, 03:54 PM
I don't give a shit about wide receivers until we get a fucking qb. It's like worrying about getting good tires for a car that won't start

Red Dawg
12-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Andy is not trying to not include his WR's. They suck and he knows it. Maclin and Jackson had solid years under him so I am sure Dorsey will fix this mess this off season.

jonzie04
12-11-2014, 01:07 PM
nice article on wilson. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/12/11/7373445/kansas-city-chiefs-albert-wilson-rookie-wr-stats

they rewatched only wilson from the all 22 view and determined he got open on 19 of 38 routes ran. open by the writers definition is creating enough seperation to where an average throw with average velocity would get there. the writer said he got open in this game at a much higher rate than any other chiefs wr he's watched and counted.

my favorite two shots are the last two slants wilson won. he absolutely destroyed the pressing corners. those are HUGE gaines, with enough time, and with smith leading wilson upfield.

Brock
12-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Andy is not trying to not include his WR's. They suck and he knows it. Maclin and Jackson had solid years under him so I am sure Dorsey will fix this mess this off season.

Makes perfect sense. A pass heavy offense that doesn't use wide receivers, not to mention not feeding the ball to your best player at the same time. Yep, I'm sure that's exactly what Andy's thinking.

Mav
12-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Garbage Plan.

Torrey Smith? Really? What are the Chiefs going to do with a WR that primarily runs go routes? Throw the ball downfield to him? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Maclin wouldn't be any more productive than Bowe, except Maclin has a long injury history, will still cost good $$, and you'll have to eat Bowe's dead money. There's nothing wrong with Bowe.
You don't have to eat any of bowe's money due to his suspension.