PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs QB's on the Roster

DenverChief
12-08-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm not ready to give up hope for a playoff spot yet...but the last 3 games have been really disheartening. Just to look forward for a moment...how does everyone feel about Bray and Murray next season? I mean at least I know both of them have arms strong enough to throw 10+ yard receiver patterns. I'm just thinking that if AR/JD feel good about one or the other they should at least be a #2 next year.

I suppose another receiver would be good...I can't figure out if our recievers are that bad or is it the QB play? Or a combo of both?

Anyway tell me something good about our young QB's

Discuss Thrower
12-08-2014, 01:26 PM
None of the guys behind Alex are good enough to be starters.

DenverChief
12-08-2014, 01:27 PM
None of the guys behind Alex are good enough to be starters.

How do we know? You gotta get them on the field in real games to know anything

ModSocks
12-08-2014, 01:29 PM
It's a combination of everything, and none of the position groups are doing any of the other groups any favors. It takes a lot of fail from nearly every aspect to have this much fail.

A QB who simply won't risk throwing the ball dowfield, even if that means four straight dump off plays to end the game when you need 40 yards.

WR's who can't win 1v1 battles when coverage is being rolled over onto our only legit WR.

A TE who's too immature to secure the ball. Kelce is talented, but he's a dumbass who needs to grow up and start taking the game more seriously.

And an offensive line that simply can't pass protect when the opposing team knows it's coming.

It's a recipe for disaster.

ModSocks
12-08-2014, 01:30 PM
How do we know? You gotta get them on the field in real games to know anything

Bray has no pocket awareness at all with sporadic accuracy. Every once in awhile he throws a nice deep ball.

Chase is a poor man's Smith.

Murray is a poor man's Chase.

The end.

DenverChief
12-08-2014, 01:31 PM
It's a combination of everything, and none of the position groups are doing any of the other groups any favors. It takes a lot of fail from nearly every aspect to have this much fail.

A QB who simply won't risk throwing the ball dowfield, even if that means four straight dump off plays to end the game when you need 40 yards.

WR's who can't win 1v1 battles when coverage is being rolled over onto our only legit WR

A TE who's too immature to secure the ball. Kelce is talented, but he's a dumbass who needs to grow up and start taking the game more seriously.

And an offensive line that simply can't pass protect when the opposing team knows it's coming.

It's a recipe for disaster.

I don't disagree with any of this

DenverChief
12-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Bray has no pocket awareness at all with sporadic accuracy. Every once in awhile he throws a nice deep ball.

Chase is a poor man's Smith.

Murray is a poor man's Chase.

The end.

LMAO I left Daniel off the list for a reason but I think it is a bit premature to lump Murray in as a bust. No?

ILChief
12-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Murray seems very intelligent and would be a good leader. He has some physical limitations.

Bray has everything you could want physically, but seems to be a meathead.

Can we take murray's brain and put it into Bray's body?

ModSocks
12-08-2014, 01:34 PM
LMAO I left Daniel off the list for a reason but I think it is a bit premature to lump Murray in as a bust. No?

Not calling him a bust. He was drafted way too late in the draft to call him a bust, ever, since nothing is ACTUALLY expected of him.

I compare him to Daniel because they pretty much have the same physical limitations and skill set.

Iconic
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
I know everyone hates Reid right now but he's our best hope of finding and creating a franchise QB.

I hope our regime sticks together long enough for it to happen.

jonzie04
12-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Were talking about a franchise too chicken shit to sub in proven guys to give their guys breathers (vickerson, walker, knile davis). Too chicken shit to play their first round pick. Too chicken shit to bench the worse guard in the nfl. Too chicken shit to play mays immediately with the worst ilb duo in the league. Not a chance any of these qbs see the field unless were up by 40 in the 4th. And even then...

Pablo
12-08-2014, 01:40 PM
They are good at holding clipboards and learning the art of the check-down and designed sack from Alex.

So, they've got that going for them.

None of these guys will ever amount to more than backups; and we're going to flounder through some golden years of Smith until we eventually grab another backup QB.

ping2000
12-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Someone has to lay out Alex first. Surprised it hasn't happened yet with Fish Her and McGroin in front of him.

RealSNR
12-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Alex hasn't been pushed or challenged at all since he got here. That's what he wanted- a nice place to raise his family where he could go into work every day and be coddled.

That has got to change. Daniel needs to go. No more permanent backups. Murray and Bray are also going to have to shit or get off the pot next offseason.

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2014, 07:14 PM
I know everyone hates Reid right now but he's our best hope of finding and creating a franchise QB.

Donovan McNabb was gifted to Reid. None of the other QB's drafted by Philly had any long term success under Reid.

I wouldn't put any faith in him or Dorsey.

stevieray
12-08-2014, 07:16 PM
didn't murray play pretty well in a preseason game?

KCwolf
12-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Donovan McNabb was gifted to Reid. None of the other QB's drafted by Philly had any long term success under Reid.

I wouldn't put any faith in him or Dorsey.

I would find a team to root for

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2014, 07:40 PM
I would find a team to root for

I have one.

It's called "Team Hate", and it will rule the roost for a long, long time I'm thinking.

KCwolf
12-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Excellent Choice

KCwolf
12-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Who would "Team Hate" choose for their Head Coach? QB?

FML
12-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Geno Smith will be out there in the offseason. I think he'd fit well in Andy's system. Jets are QB killers, just look at Sanchez. Another underrated but capable guy id be interested in is Hoyer.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Who would "Team Hate" choose for their Head Coach? QB?

Team Hate is a complex mechanism with incredibly high standards. Some consider Team Hate unrealistic, but Team Hate slices through mediocrity the way Alex Smith has no forward vision.

But Team Hate has learned patience, and sees no quantifiable HC or QB on the horizon at this moment that fills the long-term need.

Team Hate gives honorable mention to Harbaugh, but come on; that shit ain't happening.

KCwolf
12-08-2014, 08:58 PM
No .. Team Hate U R correct .... there will no Harbaugh sightings in the near future