PDA

View Full Version : Football Whos the better QB: Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre?

Deberg_1990
12-08-2014, 08:56 PM
If you had to win 1 game. Who do you take?

As I said higher in the column, if the Packers beat the woebegone playoff contenders tonight, Aaron Rodgers will have an identical record after 100 starts (68-32) as Brett Favre. What’s notable in the comparison between the two quarterbacks is the edge Rodgers has statistically. These numbers include only games each quarterback started, not the mop-up stuff each did before beginning their starting careers:

Player Starts W-L Comp. Att. Pct. Yards TD-Int TD-Int diff. Rating
Rodgers 99 67-32 2,176 3,276 .660 27,193 219-54 +165 107.1
Favre 100 68-32 2,094 3,400 .616 24,079 194-104 +90 89.2

However, in Most Valuable Player awards won by the time of their 100th starts:

Favre: 3
Rodgers: 1

Now, Rodgers may get his second this year, but my point about all of this is a simple one. Even though Rodgers is playing in a different day, with more emphasis on the passing game and (this year) more points of emphasis to make it easier to put up monster numbers in the passing game, Favre was a great player early, and Rodgers has been a great player early, one generation apart. There’s good reason if you’re a Favre fan to say Favre was better, and a good reason today to say Rodgers is better. If you love the Packers, simply count yourself lucky to have had two starting quarterbacks in the past 22 years, and both are likely to go down as all-timers if Rodgers stays healthy.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/08/jj-watt-houston-texans-mvp-nfl-week-14/6/

Chiefs=Champions
12-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Rodgers. Easily.

Pepe Silvia
12-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Rodgers all day everyday. I don't want game ending interceptions.

WakkaWakka
12-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Rodgers, no question.

Jerm
12-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Rodgers for me too...has everything Favre has plus a lot more mobility and more control over his throws.

BigMeatballDave
Is this a serious question?

Rodgers. And it's not close.

Pablo
Packers fans luck into back to back HOF QB's.

Fuck them.

Jerm
12-08-2014, 09:02 PM

Fuck them.

Indy too....

Pablo
12-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Indy too....Yep.

They're the Colts of the NFC. Fuck them.

Pepe Silvia
12-08-2014, 09:03 PM

**** them.

Fuck you Howard.

Buehler445
12-08-2014, 09:03 PM

Rodgers. And it's not close.

This. By a lot. Even if he plays as long as Favre did, I bet he doesn't own the INT record.

ThaVirus
12-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Id take Rodgers over any QB in the history of ever. The only one that I'd even contemplate is Peyton.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Tyler Bray

ThaVirus
12-08-2014, 09:07 PM
I never liked Favre, for the record.

I think he's the worst of the best QBs of all time. The Emmitt Smith of QBs.

Pepe Silvia
12-08-2014, 09:08 PM
I never liked Favre, for the record.

I think he's the worst of the best QBs of all time. The Emmitt Smith of QBs.

His ego cost us many games, always had to be the hero.

Hootie
12-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Rodgers. But it's close. Fuck the Packers for that bullshit.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2014, 09:11 PM

**** them.

Chiefs could have had either QB

Molitoth
12-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Rodgers. Farve was fun to watch, but Rodgers is just downright amazing.

Molitoth
12-08-2014, 09:13 PM

But Todd blackledge!

Deberg_1990
12-08-2014, 09:15 PM
But Todd blackledge!

No.

But Percy Snow and Derrick Johnson

Molitoth
12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
No.

But Percy Snow and Derrick Johnson

The failure of Todd blackledge has ruined the chances of the Chiefs drafting a first round top tier qb for life.

It's because of that failure this franchise walks around with puckered ass cheeks.

Simply Red
12-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Not sure - but I'm happy with Alex. GO CHIEFS!

notorious
12-08-2014, 09:30 PM
2 Different QB's, 2 different eras.

Brett would probably rape in today's NFL, but I think Rodgers is still better.

Eleazar
12-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Rodgers easily

el borracho
12-08-2014, 09:35 PM
The failure of Todd blackledge has ruined the chances of the Chiefs drafting a first round top tier qb for life.

It's because of that failure this franchise walks around with puckered ass cheeks.

One of Carl's greatest sins.

Mav
12-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Id take Rodgers over any QB in the history of ever. The only one that I'd even contemplate is Peyton.
Mine would be joe.

But Rodgers is second.

Marcellus
12-08-2014, 09:49 PM
2 Different QB's, 2 different eras.

Brett would probably rape in today's NFL, but I think Rodgers is still better.

Imagine Montana or Young with today's rules.

notorious
12-08-2014, 09:50 PM

Rice.

With nobody bumping and holding him he would probably average 1800 yard seasons.

Marcellus
12-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Rice.

With nobody bumping and holding him he would probably average 1800 yard seasons.

Montana would have an 80% completion %.

notorious
12-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Montana would have an 80% completion %.

And he could have played a LOT longer since he couldn't be hit.

Mav
12-08-2014, 09:54 PM
And he could have played a LOT longer since he couldn't be hit.
Could you imagine the fine for the hit he took in the playoffs?

notorious
12-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Could you imagine the fine for the hit he took in the playoffs?

There wouldn't have been a fine.

They would have executed the Marshall on site.

RunKC
12-08-2014, 09:59 PM

**** them.

Not sure it's luck when over 20 teams pass on the guy

notorious
12-08-2014, 10:01 PM
I don't get pissed at GB.

They picked Rodgers after a ton of teams had a shot. Indy tanked to get Luck.

Discuss Thrower
12-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Rodgers is the better QB.

Favre was just a great football player.

Prison Bitch
12-08-2014, 10:04 PM

alpha_omega
12-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Roger. It's Rodgers.

dj56dt58
12-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Rogers but favre was more fun to watch

Chiefs Pantalones
12-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Aaron Rodgers' career QB rating would rank 2nd in the NFL this season.

End of thread.

DaneMcCloud
12-09-2014, 01:44 AM

Nope.

Imagine Marino, Elway, Archie, Fouts, Moon and Unitas with today's rules.

ThaVirus
12-09-2014, 02:27 AM
Aaron Rodgers' career QB rating would rank 2nd in the NFL this season.

End of thread.

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying but I'm guessing A Rod's QB rating this season is número uno so you're saying he'd be second only to himself, implying that he da bess?

12-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Discount Double Check all day everyday.

ChiTown
12-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Better QB? Rogers - hands down

Better Leader.....................Hmmmmmmmmmmm:hmmm: Toss Up, but I might lean to Favre

rico
12-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Rodgers.

JD10367
12-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Great QB duos (either backups or next guys in line for the team):

Rodgers > Favre
Montana > Young
Manning > Luck (at the moment)
Brady > Bledsoe

keg in kc
12-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Rodgers is like having a moble Favre who doesn't turn the ball over.

Mile High Mania
12-09-2014, 11:41 AM
I think that too many times people get caught up in rankings... just enjoy greatness for what it is, and don't ruin it with crazy.

saphojunkie
12-09-2014, 11:43 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m16edpzxmb1qgkc9q.gif

Hootie
12-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Great QB duos (either backups or next guys in line for the team):

Rodgers > Favre
Montana > Young
Manning > Luck (at the moment)
Brady > Bledsoe

LMFAO

Bledsoe?

Really?

Really?

Really?

Hootie
12-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Patriots fans are the biggest homers ever.

Literally. I said something along the lines of "The Bears had the 2nd best defense in the past 15 years when Peyton beat them in the Super Bowl." To which they replied, "nuh uh! The Pats defense was the best defense in 2002 and 2003 other than the Ravens the Dilfer year!" To which I replied, "ok ... so if they had that great of a defense why does Brady get so much credit for those Super Bowls?" To which they had no reply.

Then last week Amnorix posts that Belichick poll about being the undisputed best coach ever...to which I ask, "hmm...are you sure it's not because of Tom Brady? Or maybe since Belichick is such a great coach and back when they used to actually win Super Bowls they had such a great defense maybe Tom Brady just has a really amazing supporting cast and out of all the greats he's had to do the least?!" To which they, again, have no reply.

God I hate Patriots fans.

Now this guy talks about great QB tandems on NFL franchises and he mentions Drew fucking Bledsoe.

Drew Bledsoe.

My God.

So basically the Patriots have the best everything and when you try and point that out, things like ... "hey, you know the last time the Pats went to the Super Bowl Brady played an absolute horrendous game and they got bailed out by Lee Evans dropping two game winning TD passes???" They never reply.

Yet they'll reference how terrible Peyton was against the Chiefs in the 1st fucking round of the playoffs in the year he won a Super Bowl.

God I can't take it anymore.

I hate the Patriots and their fans so, so, so much.

okcchief
12-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Rodgers

BigChiefFan
12-09-2014, 02:22 PM
That's a no-brainer. Rodgers by a landslide.

Hootie
12-09-2014, 02:24 PM
That's a no-brainer. Rodgers by a landslide.

Ridiculous.

Favre is a first ballot hall of famer all-time great QB.

His 96-98 were legendary at a time before QB's were like that.

Rodgers has played his entire career in a super QB friendly league.

Look, it's close.

But a landslide?

Give me a break.

JD10367
12-09-2014, 02:25 PM
LMFAO

Bledsoe?

Really?

Really?

Really?

Hey, he was a #1 pick, led them to a SB in '96, and was on his way to setting NFL records before getting happy feet in 2000 and then having Mo Lewis knock him into obscurity.

Hootie
12-09-2014, 02:25 PM
and that's coming from a guy who spent 5 or 6 years laughing at my Packers fans friends who said Favre was "the greatest ever" and gave him pass after pass for making dumb throws in big games.

But to just say "Rodgers is way better!" because he has won a Super Bowl, has had 1 good playoff run, and looks unbelievable this year (doesn't hurt having a line that gives him 5 seconds per drop back to do his thing) is ridiculous.

Favre is an all-time great.

Rodgers certainly looks the part, as well.

But landslide? Stop it.

siberian khatru
12-09-2014, 02:26 PM
But Todd blackledge!

Still can't believe Carl drafted that bum.

Chiefnj2
12-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Patriots fans are the biggest d-bags ever.

Fixed your post.

Go into any KC thread about bad officiating. Your token Pats fan always has to chime in about the Tuck Rule. Shut the fuck up southie. Why are you on a Chiefs football board? Go suck up a Falcons board if you to wank off to Scott Pioli. Tuck Rule - waahhh. Do you see KC fans on Lions boards complaining about Len Dawson getting speared 40 years ago by Ben Davidson when they complain about a late hit on Stafford? Get over yourselves and learn to pronounce the "r" sound.

Hammock Parties
12-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Different eras.

Let's see if Rodgers can throw 35 TD when he's 40.

Hootie
12-09-2014, 02:35 PM
It's just really hard to compare the two.

Rodgers got to sit 3 years behind Favre (if not 4, I forget) learning from one of the best while being able to totally, 100% perfect his mechanics and understand how to prepare for the game. He was not this kind of QB at Cal, not even close.

Rodgers got every advantage ever and took full advantage of them. Props to him. I envy GB for that.

But he also has gotten to play his entire career in a QB friendly game. It's why guys like Luck can come in and excel right away, whereas 10 years ago it was unthinkable to start a 1st round QB his rookie season.

I think Favre is the 4th or 5th best QB I've ever seen. Rodgers is right there as well. Manning and Brady are the best.

the landslide talk is nonsense

lcarus
12-09-2014, 03:20 PM
It's just really hard to compare the two.

Rodgers got to sit 3 years behind Favre (if not 4, I forget) learning from one of the best while being able to totally, 100% perfect his mechanics and understand how to prepare for the game. He was not this kind of QB at Cal, not even close.

Rodgers got every advantage ever and took full advantage of them. Props to him. I envy GB for that.

But he also has gotten to play his entire career in a QB friendly game. It's why guys like Luck can come in and excel right away, whereas 10 years ago it was unthinkable to start a 1st round QB his rookie season.

I think Favre is the 4th or 5th best QB I've ever seen. Rodgers is right there as well. Manning and Brady are the best.

the landslide talk is nonsense

Maybe longer than 10 years ago on that one.

JD10367
12-09-2014, 03:39 PM
My, some of you have your tampons in a wad over innocent comments.

Its a free country. Most of you are good sports, most of you have a wicked sense of humor, most of you don't want this board to be a circle jerk of only Chiefs fans. Sure, there are a few of you cumdumpsters who get irrationally angry at other fans over the slightest comments. News flash: it's not our fault your coach and FO keep fucking up. So go fuck yourself in the ass with a rusty AIDS-covered machete. :D

Predarat
12-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Winning a game, Rodgers, getting arrested for harassing females, Brent Farve. Plus Rodgers has Olivia Munn, there is something to be said for that.

Hootie
12-09-2014, 04:28 PM
pretty sure Favre has been more successful at winning games than Rodgers ...

Rodgers first 5 postseasons : 5-4 (including 1-3 in his last 4 as he's gotten older)
Favre first 5 postseasons: 9-4

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm

How quickly you guys forget.

Look, Aaron looks the part. Everyone knows that.

But he's had one fucking postseason run. One. Every other time he's lost to teams he arguably should have beat.

Not one game he's lost in the past 3 years has been a game in which he wasn't favored if I recall.

Food for thought.

And I'm not bashing the guy. He's fucking awesome. But so was Favre. And at 31 years old, Favre was the creme de la creme of the NFL, just like Rodgers ... and the next closest guy wasn't even close.

Hootie
12-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Let's also point out ...

Aaron Rodgers has NEVER had a playoff come from behind victory or a playoff game winning drive.

Ever.

He's the best frontrunner QB in the NFL. No doubt. He hasn't showed it yet, playing from behind.

Peyton Manning takes all the shit in the world for being a choker ... why don't guys like Aaron?

I don't think either of them are chokers ... I just don't understand why one guy gets a label but the other guy doesn't.

If Rodgers loses as the #1 seed this year in the 2nd round ... then what?

PizzaDoughz
12-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Let's also point out ...

Aaron Rodgers has NEVER had a playoff come from behind victory or a playoff game winning drive.

Ever.

He's the best frontrunner QB in the NFL. No doubt. He hasn't showed it yet, playing from behind.

Peyton Manning takes all the shit in the world for being a choker ... why don't guys like Aaron?

I don't think either of them are chokers ... I just don't understand why one guy gets a label but the other guy doesn't.

If Rodgers loses as the #1 seed this year in the 2nd round ... then what?
Here comes Hootie, bringing up Peyton Manning out of nowhere. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL.

Halfcan
12-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Favre carried teams- Rodgers has had a stacked team with a solid line. Favre has more heart-loved the way he played the game.

Rodgers will never touch his stats or win total.

Hootie
12-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Here comes Hootie, bringing up Peyton Manning out of nowhere. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL.
Nope. Here I come posting insightful football posts, per usual, and then getting a dipshit response with no meaningful rebuttal.

Sometimes I wonder if there's even a point to talking football on this place anymore

Buehler445
12-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Patriots fans are the biggest homers ever.

Literally. I said something along the lines of "The Bears had the 2nd best defense in the past 15 years when Peyton beat them in the Super Bowl." To which they replied, "nuh uh! The Pats defense was the best defense in 2002 and 2003 other than the Ravens the Dilfer year!" To which I replied, "ok ... so if they had that great of a defense why does Brady get so much credit for those Super Bowls?" To which they had no reply.

Then last week Amnorix posts that Belichick poll about being the undisputed best coach ever...to which I ask, "hmm...are you sure it's not because of Tom Brady? Or maybe since Belichick is such a great coach and back when they used to actually win Super Bowls they had such a great defense maybe Tom Brady just has a really amazing supporting cast and out of all the greats he's had to do the least?!" To which they, again, have no reply.

God I hate Patriots fans.

Now this guy talks about great QB tandems on NFL franchises and he mentions Drew fucking Bledsoe.

Drew Bledsoe.

My God.

So basically the Patriots have the best everything and when you try and point that out, things like ... "hey, you know the last time the Pats went to the Super Bowl Brady played an absolute horrendous game and they got bailed out by Lee Evans dropping two game winning TD passes???" They never reply.

Yet they'll reference how terrible Peyton was against the Chiefs in the 1st fucking round of the playoffs in the year he won a Super Bowl.

God I can't take it anymore.

I hate the Patriots and their fans so, so, so much.

So I knew a Pats fan in college. This was during the Herm years. I was bitching to my buddy about how much I hated Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Fucking Cunt Edwards. Pats fan injects himself into the conversation and notifies me that the Chiefs would be good if they....wait for it....Played like a team.

Play like a motherfucking team.

I busted his balls, asking if he was fucking serious and it has nothing to do with a guy that's in the conversation for the best QB of all time, a good-to-great OL, and Moss and Welker along with a coach that didn't just hop off the short bus, all while the Chiefs were trotting out Hutard, Devard Darling and couldn't block themselves out of a paper bag....

Nope. Play like a team. That's all it takes. Squirmin Herman could have won all kinds of Super Bowls if the Chiefs would have played like a team.

After I busted his balls and he didn't back up an inch, I had to fucking leave. I was absolutely befuddled.

I know three pats fans. This motherfucker. This chick that was in love with him, and a creeper.

Thank God there are dudes like Amnorix to level it out some.

Favre carried teams- Rodgers has had a stacked team with a solid line. Favre has more heart-loved the way he played the game.

Rodgers will never touch his stats or win total.

Rodgers has played behind some absolute ass OLs in his career. They haven't always been awesome.

Kaepernick
12-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Rodgers by far. Favre was a gunslinger and took foolish risks under pressure. Rodgers takes the appropriate risk at the appropriate time without doing so foolilshly.

I take Rodgers over Favre every day.

Pepe Silvia
12-09-2014, 08:34 PM

Thanks

notorious
12-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Favre had to play against a Dallas dynasty and San Fran. If those teams didn't knock him out of the playoffs several times he would have another ring.

What amazing teams have held back Rodgers?

Pepe Silvia
12-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Favre had to play against a Dallas dynasty and San Fran. If those teams didn't knock him out of the playoffs several times he would have another ring.

What amazing teams have held back Rodgers?

Giants and the Niners. The Niners didn't win it all but knocked us out twice recently.

notorious
12-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Giants and the Niners.

Neither of those teams hold a candle to the 90's 49ers and Cowboys. They were LOADED.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Neither of those teams hold a candle to the 90's 49ers and Cowboys. They were LOADED.

Green Bay also had Reggie White on defense too, probably the most dominant defensive player ever.

Pepe Silvia
12-09-2014, 09:20 PM

I'm not comparing them to those teams at all, just answering your question to whose held rodgers back well those teams held him back. lol