PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Media starting to take "A Hard Look" at Andy Reid

Chief Roundup
12-09-2014, 07:59 PM
http://profootballspot.com/_/nfl/afc-west/kansas-city-chiefs/a-hard-look-at-andy-reid-kansas-city-chiefs%E2%80%99-truths-part-1-r5430

The latest loss for the Kansas City Chiefs may be the hardest to reconcile. When a team struggles like they did in Arizona the entire organization needs to be ready to find the issues and correct them. Nothing is more corrosive to a team’s confidence than not knowing why its losing. It is the responsibility of both the players and staff.
Today, Andy Reid is in looking glass. I’ll discuss the players later this week in a special 2-part Chiefs’ Truths.

Evaluate Team including Andy Reid
John Dorsey was brought to Kansas City after Andy Reid was hired as Head Coach, supposedly on the recommendation of Reid. Now, he will be in the possibly difficult position of evaluating Reid’s performance leading the team.

There are 2 very disturbing trends.

The 2013 Kansas City Chiefs started 9-0 there first season on Reid’s leadership. Then came the bye week. After the bye, the Chiefs lost 6 of their next 8 games, bouncing from the playoffs in the first round (again). They were swept by Denver and San Diego and lost twice in three weeks to Indianapolis. For a squad that was young and somewhat cobbled together after the final roster cuts, it was a solid first season.

It’s a very big red flag to see the last 3 contests all come out as losses. It hints at 2014 repeating the pattern of 2014’s last 8 games where the Chiefs had two runs of back-to-back-to-back losses. The team was playing for a share of the AFC West lead 3 weeks ago and now will have to claw their way to be in position for the last Wildcard slot. To the eyes outside of the building at Arrowhead Drive, this is looking like a systemic issue with Reid and his staff fading as the season closes. Positions and even careers cannot withstand that kind of trend for long.

Stop saying “Its Fixable” and Fix It
The second trend seen in Kansas City has been a lack of answers. Reid has been unable to correct any of the issues with his offense. Alex Smith has been sacked and average of 3 times per game in 2014. Even worse, he’s had to deal with 11 sacks in the last 2 contests alone. Yet, there have been no personnel changes and no apparent scheme changes along the offensive line. One notable change was made to the wide receivers by getting some fresh blood, some old and some new, into the lineup. That was generally successful. (more on the players later this week in part 2)

Sutton did get a much better performance from his defensive line in Arizona. While Joe Mays bolstered the run defense while he was on the field, Josh Mauga and James-Michael Johnson continue to have assignment breakdowns that allow huge chunks of yardage. Overall his defense still was gashed by the run and unable to get off the field when it counted most. The secondary still has Ron Parker playing out of position at cornerback. Chris Owens has not been as advertised in the slot and Sutton, Emmitt Thomas and Al Harris have not been able to rebuild Marcus Copper’s confidence. At this point in the season, they defense could really benefit from a re-built Cooper.

Yes, that is how many running plays Andy Reid called against the Cardinals. The imbalance in Reid’s offense has been a concern all season, regardless of how many men the defense puts in the box. However, it has hit critical mass in the last two contests. Against the Cardinals, he called only 21.8%

That is the lowest called run percentage of the season outside the opener versus the Titans.

Posted Image

In fact, the called running play percentage has dropped in every contest since the last win versus Seattle. in Arizona, Charles was injured and had to leave the game. It was reasonable to not give him a full load the rest of the day.
That is why the Chiefs have Knile Davis. He is a more than capable stand-in for Charles and he’s proven it. He can catch and his more powerful running style can wear down a defense that is crowding the line with 8 men. Yet, Knile Davis got just 1 carry against Arizona.

After the Cardinals kicked a field goal to end their first drive of the second half, the Chiefs got the ball back leading 14-9. Charles gained 1 yard on first down. Then Reid proceeded to call 7 passing plays in a row. The last two plays resulted in the Fasano interference call and the Alex Smith interception. The play by Okafor to disengage and intercept a badly thrown pass was the turning point. Running the ball on any of the preceding 6 plays may have changed the outcome of the game. That fact rests squarely on Andy Reid.

Chief Roundup
12-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Does someone on here write for these people or are they over here reading the Planet?

Seriously though this is pretty much spot on with what most of the posters have been saying about Andy.

In58men
But I'm a moron to spew this every week.

JD10367
Today's TMQ (Gregg Easterbrook):

Sweet Play Of The Week: Kansas City leading 14-9 late in the third quarter, the Chiefs had third-and-long on the Arizona 29. A draw play followed by a field goal would give the visitors a commanding position, putting the Cardinals in danger of losing their third straight.

In love with the pass, Andy Reid radios in a pass. For the game -- adjusting for sacks and scrambles -- Reid would radio in 47 passes and 14 rushes; the pass calls would average 6 yards gained, the rushes 7.4 yards gained. Alex Smith, with a defender in his face, makes a mental mistake, heave-hoeing the ball off his back foot directly into the hands of linebacker Alex Okafor, whose interception and run-back position the hosts for the go-ahead touchdown. Sweet for the home team!

Had Reid simply radioed in a rush, the likely outcome would have been a 17-9 Kansas City lead. Instead, the Chiefs became the contender that has lost three straight and the one the Go-Go's will sing "Fading Fast" to this week. Reid note: Specifically, he's in love with the super-short pass. Kansas City had the ball on its 36 trailing 17-14 with 22 seconds remaining, and on its final four downs threw super-short each time.

Chief Roundup
12-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Evaluate Team including Andy Reid
John Dorsey was brought to Kansas City after Andy Reid was hired as Head Coach, supposedly on the recommendation of Reid. Now, he will be in the possibly difficult position of evaluating Reid’s performance leading the team.

I have to admit this did make me kind of chuckle while thinking he will just turn his review into Clark and let him make the decision. :facepalm:

Chief Roundup
12-09-2014, 08:11 PM

I think you are underestimating how often you "spew" your hatred.

In58men
12-09-2014, 08:12 PM
I think you are underestimating how often you "spew" your hatred.

Because it's guys like you that say "I believe in Reid"

Discuss Thrower
12-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Anyone wanna give out odds Clark makes the call to strip Andy of playcalling duties?

In58men
12-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Anyone wanna give out odds Clark makes the call to strip Andy of playcalling duties?

Hunt doesn't even know Chiefs record

Chief Roundup

Easy now. I didn't want Andy Reid. I thought that we could have done a lot worse. I think i understand why Andy was brought in as well.
I do try to look for positives and try to build on those. Continually ripping the scab off a sore makes it get infected and fester, so I just try not to go there, after all none of this is in my control.

Reerun_KC
Its all alex smiths fault nothing else matters. Reidcuses for everyone / cp

Halfcan
12-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Andy has been terrible.

You have the best stable of RB's in the NFL and you don't run the ball. :doh!:

ModSocks
12-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Teams are loading 8-9 Guys in the box and stuffing the run. I can't blame Reid for seeing that defensive alignment and then asking his guys to make plays in the passing game.

It's what they SHOULD be doing.

The lack of balance however, and not calling running plays when they SHOULD be called, is certainly concerning and has been Reid's MO.

suzzer99
12-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Kansas City Chiefs at 01:09
1-10-KC 24
(1:09) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 25-J.Charles pushed ob at KC 26 for 2 yards (57-A.Okafor).
2-8-KC 26
(1:04) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short left to 81-J.Avant to KC 30 for 4 yards (25-J.Powers) [57-A.Okafor].
3-4-KC 30
(:42) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short middle to 81-J.Avant to KC 36 for 6 yards (25-J.Powers).
1-10-KC 36
(:22) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short right to 25-J.Charles.
2-10-KC 36
(:19) (Shotgun) PENALTY on KC-72-E.Fisher, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at KC 36 - No Play.
2-15-KC 31
(:19) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short left to 12-A.Wilson.
3-15-KC 31
(:16) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short right to 12-A.Wilson.
4-15-KC 31
(:11) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short middle to 81-J.Avant (93-C.Campbell).

Inexcusable.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Poor preparation and planning leads to that last minute

ModSocks
12-09-2014, 08:21 PM
1-10-KC 24
(1:09) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short right to 25-J.Charles pushed ob at KC 26 for 2 yards (57-A.Okafor).
2-8-KC 26
(1:04) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short left to 81-J.Avant to KC 30 for 4 yards (25-J.Powers) [57-A.Okafor].
3-4-KC 30
(:42) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass short middle to 81-J.Avant to KC 36 for 6 yards (25-J.Powers).
1-10-KC 36
(:22) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short right to 25-J.Charles.
2-10-KC 36
(:19) (Shotgun) PENALTY on KC-72-E.Fisher, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at KC 36 - No Play.
2-15-KC 31
3-15-KC 31
4-15-KC 31
(:11) (Shotgun) 11-A.Smith pass incomplete short middle to 81-J.Avant (93-C.Campbell).

Inexcusable.

Like i said in another thread, it's highly unlikely that the plays were drawn up to be checkdowns. It's much more likely that they were checkdowns because Alex Smith.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Like i said in another thread, it's highly unlikely that the plays were drawn up to be checkdowns. It's much more likely that they were checkdowns because Alex Smith.
Andy's hand pick qb.

Chief Roundup
12-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Teams are loading 8-9 Guys in the box and stuffing the run. I can't blame Reid for seeing that defensive alignment and then asking his guys to make plays in the passing game.

The lack of balance however, and not calling running plays when they SHOULD be called, is certainly concerning and has been Reid's MO.

They can load up the box and shut down the running and passing game, because they know we don't throw a pass that goes beyond the box.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Andy has been terrible.

You have the best stable of RB's in the NFL and you don't run the ball. :doh!:
Especially inside the 10. We have missed several TDs because Reid wants to throw the ball.

Psyko Tek
12-09-2014, 08:25 PM

Sweet Play Of The Week: Kansas City leading 14-9 late in the third quarter, the Chiefs had third-and-long on the Arizona 29. A draw play followed by a field goal would give the visitors a commanding position, putting the Cardinals in danger of losing their third straight.

In love with the pass, Andy Reid radios in a pass. For the game -- adjusting for sacks and scrambles -- Reid would radio in 47 passes and 14 rushes; the pass calls would average 6 yards gained, the rushes 7.4 yards gained. Alex Smith, with a defender in his face, makes a mental mistake, heave-hoeing the ball off his back foot directly into the hands of linebacker Alex Okafor, whose interception and run-back position the hosts for the go-ahead touchdown. Sweet for the home team!

Had Reid simply radioed in a rush, the likely outcome would have been a 17-9 Kansas City lead. Instead, the Chiefs became the contender that has lost three straight and the one the Go-Go's will sing "Fading Fast" to this week. Reid note: Specifically, he's in love with the super-short pass. Kansas City had the ball on its 36 trailing 17-14 with 22 seconds remaining, and on its final four downs threw super-short each time.

this is our offensive genious, I miss crazy todd

say buh-by to Koolaid man

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2014, 08:30 PM

Yup. Agreed. This is not a Reid excuse. I think Reid's a liability. I also think he's made a competitive team out of a team we all thought lacked some serious talent. He's not the guy I blame most for this so-called collapse. Let's not forget that the past 2 games were back-to-back games against 10-win teams.

I still stand by my comment that this team is keeping games close on a really tough schedule. But ultimately it should be Alex Smith's job to shut the door when you have a shot on the final drive. He's failed in 2 of the last 3 weeks.

TimBone
12-09-2014, 08:34 PM
But you see, this guy formed coherent thoughts, complete sentences, and even makes an attempt to use proper grammar and punctuation. It makes it much easier to read and agree with.

BullJunkandIron
12-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Would love to sit in the film sessions after the game the next day.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 08:36 PM
As long as alex smith is here. Reid will get a free pass from everyone. But once Smith is gone and we are still having the same issues only then will reid be questioned.

Cp 101, the Qb is always the problem.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Yup. Agreed. This is not a Reid excuse. I think Reid's a liability. I also think he's made a competitive team out of a team we all thought lacked some serious talent. He's not the guy I blame most for this so-called collapse. Let's not forget that the past 2 games were back-to-back games against 10-win teams.

I still stand by my comment that this team is keeping games close on a really tough schedule. But ultimately it should be Alex Smith's job to shut the door when you have a shot on the final drive. He's failed in 2 of the last 3 weeks.
Smith is an extension of Reid on the field. Smith is executing Reid's game plan. Check downs and all.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-09-2014, 08:40 PM

Shutup and post pics of ur wife.

notorious
12-09-2014, 08:40 PM
They needed to take a hard look to figure out the obvious?

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Smith is an extension of Reid on the field. Smith is executing Reid's game plan. Check downs and all.

I don't agree.

It's Reid's fault Smith is here. But do I think Smith was an extension of Harbaugh? No. Reid has been an aggressive downfield play caller. I am pretty sure the check downs have a lot more to do with Alex being Alex.

Chief Roundup
12-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Let's not forget that the past 2 games were back-to-back games against 10-win teams.

Yeah but one of those teams were missing their starting QB, Stanton sucks, starting RB that had a great deal to do with those numbers.
We just lost 3 in a row. How about that Raiders game? I know "Any Given Sunday" and "divisional rivals are tough no matter their record".
We haven't been playing well as a team and it is noticeable.

ping2000
12-09-2014, 08:43 PM

Clark does not understand this kind of football. The ball isn't even round! And they use their hands!

ILChief
12-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Sean Payton is benching and cutting players to send a message. We will learn and get better

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 08:45 PM
I don't agree.

It's Reid's fault Smith is here. But do I think Smith was an extension of Harbaugh? No. Reid has been an aggressive downfield play caller. I am pretty sure the check downs have a lot more to do with Alex being Alex.
More reidcuses. If he didn't want Smith checking down and running a short to intermediate passing game. The reid would make changes to the play calling and game plan.

And let's not discuss running the ball. Amazing how reid gets excused and this is turned into a bash smith thread. Typical.

Bugeater
12-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Dorsey's waste of two 1st round draft picks isn't exactly helping the situation. Maybe someone should take a hard look at him too.

notorious
12-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Alex Smith would have been a good QB in the 80's and 90's when turnover ratio decided nearly every game.

Throwing picks today is not nearly as devastating.

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2014, 08:52 PM
More reidcuses. If he didn't want Smith checking down and running a short to intermediate passing game. The reid would make changes to the play calling and game plan.

And let's not discuss running the ball. Amazing how reid gets excused and this is turned into a bash smith thread. Typical.

Reid is a terrible game manager, makes head-scratching play calls at the wrong times, forgets to run the ball, and we always have to make up for a few critical mistakes in every game. For that reason, I don't think he's a Super Bowl coach.

I know what Reid is. But that doesn't mean he's to blame for everything. We were in the game on almost every loss but 2 in the 4th. When I look at those 4 losses, those failures at the end are largely due to Alex Smith. That's why I place a lot more blame at the feet of Alex Smith.

No, I don't think getting rid of Alex Smith is the solution. But I think a QB who can actually close games would have us easily in the playoffs. And in the playoffs, I believe Reid would duff a game with some dumb decision in a critical moment.

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Dorsey's waste of two 1st round draft picks isn't exactly helping the situation. Maybe someone should take a hard look at him too.

Even if it doesn't make any sense why the talent is doing what it's doing, the Chiefs have hugely improved the talent on defense. We know Smith is not a WR QB and Kelce, Sherman, Knile Davis, and DAT do enable Smith to dink and dunk.

I have a lot of questions about whether an OL or WR corps would make a big difference at all. If I'm ranking in order, the problems are Smith > Reid > Dorsey and Sutton a distant last.

Chief Roundup
12-09-2014, 09:01 PM

I think someone is implying that John Dorsey actually has wasted his first two picks in his first two drafts. I won't go that far. I still have hope that Ford will turn out like Hali and that Fisher will only improve. Hali didn't look very good his first couple of years.
Just trying to be positive. I know, we should of, could of, all that with those picks. We didn't and we are stuck with these guys for now. I just hope they improve and are not complete wastes.

Mr. Laz
12-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Emmitt Thomas and Al Harris have not been able ...
I don't think Emmit Thomas has really developed anyone in his 4 years here.

inherited Flowers/Carr

Berry is a great athlete but hasn't really developed.

Cooper regressed

Adbullah learned somewhere else

Javier Arenas for 2 years?

I know, i know it's the GM's fault.

I guess he did a good job with the Philly defense but have seen much as a positional coach.

Mr. Laz
12-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Sean Payton is benching and cutting players to send a message. We will learn and get better

Reid is too nice, doesn't do that much at all

seems to me that Reid has always had problems with the Oline

something about his coaching or system?

Chief Roundup
12-09-2014, 09:10 PM
If I'm ranking in order, the problems are Smith > Reid > Dorsey and Sutton a distant last.

Last probably, I still haven't forgotten the playoff collapse by the D, so not distant. I would put him neck and neck with Dorsey.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Mine is Reid - Sutton - Smith - Dorsey.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2014, 09:20 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/QWUTsJzrDR7--gB5to0UQn9WESh2pXDXe7QXm7OuBEHWeVzFRlneOOb4u_2RgjvmjAq0nwHJXtglhfKlQNtBup0=s250

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't think Emmit Thomas has really developed anyone in his 4 years here.

inherited Flowers/Carr

Berry is a great athlete but hasn't really developed.

Cooper regressed

Adbullah learned somewhere else

Javier Arenas for 2 years?

I know, i know it's the GM's fault.

I guess he did a good job with the Philly defense but have seen much as a positional coach.

I disagree. Sean Smith has become a stud. Gaines is playing really well for a rookie. I think we're getting about all we can out of Abdullah and Parker, and guys like Fleming and Owens have been just fine.

Nobody expected that talent to play well but they are. This is, by the way, the first year I've thought that about Thomas.

Dave Lane
12-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Poor preparation and planning leads to that last minute

NO poor QB play does. Andy called plays that were down the field but some one checked out of them. I can't imagine who.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 09:32 PM
NO poor QB play does. Andy called plays that were down the field but some one checked out of them. I can't imagine who.
Yep just like when we get cute inside the 5 yard line with JC in the back field.

Its all smiths fault. Reid is excused.

Pepe Silvia
12-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Take a long hard look at Reids cheeto stained fingers.

Dave Lane
12-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Yep just like when we get cute inside the 5 yard line with JC in the back field.

Its all smiths fault. Reid is excused.

I understand you are a blind homer but here's some news for you. The opposing teams have figured out the Chiefs kryptonite. Sell out to stack the line of scrimmage, blitz Alex, cover the short routes make Alex beat you over the top. On 4-15 for the game they didn't play Alex in a prevent, they blitzed him. Alex spiked the ball we lose, That can not be put on Reid.

Reid is overly attached to Alex and getting the ball to Charles or Davis in space with short passes. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Does he call too many passes especially late in games, of course. Is the failure to execute plays Reids fault? Of course not.

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 10:05 PM
I understand you are a blind homer but here's some news for you. The opposing teams have figured out the Chiefs kryptonite. Sell out to stack the line of scrimmage, blitz Alex, cover the short routes make Alex beat you over the top. On 4-15 for the game they didn't play Alex in a prevent, they blitzed him. Alex spiked the ball we lose, That can not be put on Reid.

Reid is overly attached to Alex and getting the ball to Charles or Davis in space with short passes. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Does he call too many passes especially late in games, of course. Is the failure to execute plays Reids fault? Of course not.
D I stopped reading after the blind Homer comment. Obviously you are hitting the pipe again.

BigRedChief
12-09-2014, 10:24 PM
We should all be bitching about Charles being overused and burning him out, not underuse. Thats a Reid fail that continues this year.

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2014, 10:32 PM
The truth of the matter is, Reid gets more out of this team than most coaches would, but he also manages to get less out of them through stupidity.

It's the enigma that is Andy Reid. Sadly. This team is by and large way overachieving their talent. But it's frustrating to watch them blow games they were surprisingly competitive in because of poor decision making.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Not sure Reid should be the one targeted. Let me finish lol...

Whether you like Reid/Alex Smith (even Dorsey) or not, you have to admit the trade was/is a little odd. Pass happy coach trades for ultimate limited game manager...that's some weird shit. The marriage doesn't make sense. For that, the odd play-calling and misusage of Charles he should be taken a look at obviously. Actually though, the same crap Reid is pulling here he did in Philly as well (horrible game/clock management). So Clark Hunt should be the one taken "A Hard Look" at. He knew what he was getting...or did he?

Reerun_KC
12-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Not sure Reid should be the one targeted. Let me finish lol...

Whether you like Reid/Alex Smith (even Dorsey) or not, you have to admit the trade was/is a little odd. Pass happy coach trades for ultimate limited game manager...that's some weird shit. The marriage doesn't make sense. For that, the odd play-calling and misusage of Charles he should be taken a look at obviously. Actually though, the same crap Reid is pulling here he did in Philly as well. So Clark Hunt should be the one taken "A Hard Look" at. He knew what he was getting...or did he?
Reid = butts in the seats for an uneducated fan base. He was a safe hire that could restore mediocrity quickly. He brings hope and first round exits. Therefore tailgating and bbq fan base is happy.

TimeForWasp
12-09-2014, 10:56 PM

Shut the fuck up.

blsilks
12-09-2014, 10:56 PM
This article seems to rip on the defense a bit. Considering the fact that our defense has kept us in most of the games despite the fact that our offense is neutered has been quite impressive. I think we should back off on the defense that still is missing a starting MLB and FS. This next man up argument is adorable.

BigRedChief
12-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Reid = butts in the seats for an uneducated fan base. He was a safe hire that could restore mediocrity quickly. He brings hope and first round exits. Therefore tailgating and bbq fan base is happy.Reid was the best coach available that off season. He was not the safe pick like Herm was. Your off base on that part.

Baby Lee
12-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Mine is Reid - Sutton - Smith - Dorsey.

Dorsey - Injuries [nagging and season ending] - Illnesses - Reid - Sutton - Smith

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2014, 11:23 PM
I would much rather have Andy Reid on this team coaching a better QB than a better coach coaching Alex Smith.

Which is why I'm surprised that so many people want to put Smith above Reid.

In58men
12-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Shut the **** up.

Shut me up bitch

jspchief
12-09-2014, 11:33 PM
I think at this point, it's the best we can hope for. Either by Andy giving them up, or Dorsey/Clark taking them away.

Reid isn't going any where. Smith isn't going anywhere. The realistic best chance for improvement at this point is a change at O-coord/playcaller.

TimeForWasp
12-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Shut me up bitch

I have nothing against you except constant negative bitching. We are all bummed out about this situation.

okcchief
12-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Reid's play calling, the offensive line, Alex Smith and the officiating were all atrocious Sunday. One of the most frustrating games I've ever watched. If you are going to be this pass happy get the proper personnel. Right now you must adjust.

Psyko Tek
12-10-2014, 12:54 AM
I don't agree.

Reid traded for smith
it's on reid
and I do not know what offense he is calling plays for but it ain't the one he has been coaching for the last 2 years

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2014, 01:21 AM
Reid traded for smith
it's on reid
and I do not know what offense he is calling plays for but it ain't the one he has been coaching for the last 2 years

You are assuming that Smith is checking down because he wants to, versus because it was in the play design.

Imon Yourside
12-10-2014, 02:56 AM
The problem isn't that we're not running the ball, the problem is defenses are stacking the line and keying on Charles. We need some longer pass routes and completions to open things up...Running on every play won't work, Martyball proved that. You need to go downfield....If Smith can't do it, then get someone in there that can..Charles has more runs for losses than just about anyone(i'm guessing) because he IS our offense.

Valiant
12-10-2014, 04:32 AM

Umm what??

We are averaging 5+ in those games on average with people stacking the box..
More runs and play actions should be called. 2 RB backfields should be used spread out.. Not short route playcalling where your QB 1 to 2 reads before passing to a TE..

Stacking the box is how Charles got his huge yards.. Kniles and Charles can both break them and get huge gains.. This team is built for it.. Well was built for it..

Valiant
12-10-2014, 04:37 AM
The problem isn't that we're not running the ball, the problem is defenses are stacking the line and keying on Charles. We need some longer pass routes and completions to open things up...Running on every play won't work, Martyball proved that. You need to go downfield....If Smith can't do it, then get someone in there that can..Charles has more runs for losses than just about anyone(i'm guessing) because he IS our offense.

Our running game is doing great when we run.. Hell they are doing great despite the lack of runs called and stacking the box..

And you are guessing wrong.. Of the top 30 rushers in the NFL, Charles is 2nd in rushing average at 5.2.. They literally refuse to run the ball.. They also refuse play action.. Andy is a moron..

12-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Are running game is doing great when we run.. Hell they are doing great despite the lack of runs called and stacking the box..

And you are guessing wrong.. Of the top 30 rushers in the NFL, Charles is 2nd in rushing average at 5.2.. They literally refuse to run the ball.. They also refuse play action.. Andy is a moron..

Our you sure?

Easy 6
12-10-2014, 05:27 AM
I would much rather have Andy Reid on this team coaching a better QB than a better coach coaching Alex Smith.

I'd have to agree with this.

Reid has been a consistent winner in the past when he has a more dynamic QB, but that doesnt make his failure to use this teams strength any less infuriating.

Rausch
12-10-2014, 06:09 AM
It's pretty clear they (Reid/Dorsey) knew they had a three year window.

Going in to year 3 we are no better off, in any way, than we were before.

Can this $#it and start over...

Aspengc8
12-10-2014, 06:10 AM

why would they do that when the plays being called aren't the problem?

Are running game is doing great when we run.. Hell they are doing great despite the lack of runs called and stacking the box..

KC actually runs quite a bit of play action..

Rausch
12-10-2014, 06:14 AM
KC actually runs quite a bit of play action..

:grr:

Mile High Mania
12-10-2014, 06:19 AM
Is that really 'media' or some guy not all that different from most of you?

ILChief
12-10-2014, 06:23 AM

That's what I was thinking.

Rausch
12-10-2014, 06:23 AM

Does it make it less true?...

Marcellus
12-10-2014, 07:15 AM
This is why I wanted Chip Kelley.

Rausch
12-10-2014, 07:18 AM

In fire, up a tree, with antifeeze you should die...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-10-2014, 08:00 AM

We could probably still get him. Snatchz too. Let's do this!

notorious
12-10-2014, 08:22 AM
I hope that Andy doesn't keep trotting Smith out there come hell or high water just like Pioli with Cassel.

Reerun_KC
12-10-2014, 08:37 AM
I'd have to agree with this.

Reid has been a consistent winner in the past when he has a more dynamic QB, but that doesnt make his failure to use this teams strength any less infuriating.
He's wins 60% of his games. He's a 9-7 / 10-6 coach. Perfect for KC fans.

Imon Yourside
12-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Our running game is doing great when we run.. Hell they are doing great despite the lack of runs called and stacking the box..

I know CHarles has a great YPC, not arguing that so did Barry Sanders. He also lead the league in tackle for losses because defenses keyed on him. How many superbowls did the Lions win with him?

FloridaMan88
12-10-2014, 08:43 AM

Reid reports to Clark Hunt, not John Dorsey.

That was the new organizational structure Clark implemented when he hired both.

Imon Yourside
12-10-2014, 08:44 AM
I hope that Andy doesn't keep trotting Smith out there come hell or high water just like Pioli with Cassel.

I fear it's just as bad, look at his clock management..it's been an issue forever and he refuses to do jack about it.

notorious
12-10-2014, 08:47 AM
I fear it's just as bad, look at his clock management..it's been an issue forever and he refuses to do jack about it.

Sigh.

lawrenceRaider
12-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Fellas, while Reid has his deficiencies as a HC, the real problem in KC is a lack of talent at too many spots. Coaching can cover those issues up for only so long before the NFL sees the scheme and weaknesses, and exploit them.

Imon Yourside
12-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Fellas, while Reid has his deficiencies as a HC, the real problem in KC is a lack of talent at too many spots. Coaching can cover those issues up for only so long before the NFL sees the scheme and weaknesses, and exploit them.

Paul Hackett proved this offense of dink and dunk can only get you so far...Even if we had Montana if our longest pass route was 5 yards the D would have no problem stopping us or crowding the line/keying in on one guy in the backfield.

Trivers
12-10-2014, 08:50 AM

You are wasting your time bringing LOGIC into CP. Too many Chicken Littles running around.

RunKC
12-10-2014, 08:54 AM
The problem is Alex Smith. Even with Andy's playcalling, Alex has had opportunities to win the game. Look at the Charles 4th down.
And good QB's don't make the type of INT that Alex made on Sunday.

This team is 9-4 even with all it's deficiencies if Alex can simply make plays that are available to him.

Also not sure why people hate Sutton? This defense is the only thing keeping us in games. Top 5 in points allowed and best TD allowed % in the red zone. Without 3 starters no less.

notorious
12-10-2014, 08:55 AM

This.

Imon Yourside
12-10-2014, 08:55 AM
The problem is Alex Smith. Even with Andy's playcalling, Alex has had opportunities to win the game. Look at the Charles 4th down.
And good QB's don't make the type of INT that Alex made on Sunday.

This team is 9-4 even with all it's deficiencies if Alex can simply make plays that are available to him.

Also not sure why people hate Sutton? This defense is the only thing keeping us in games. Top 5 in points allowed and best TD allowed % in the red zone. Without 3 starters no less.

Smiff is the crowned golden boy, Reid will let the sink ship with him....Prove me wrong ANdy, prove me wrong.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2014, 08:56 AM

I'm not much of a fan of Reid, but I do agree with this to an extent.

Improving the OL would go a long way, but ultimately we need a QB.

Imon Yourside
12-10-2014, 08:57 AM

We have FISHER, #1 overrall.

ct
12-10-2014, 08:59 AM

ok wait, so now we are critizing a HC for calling a pass play on 3rd&9, saying instead to play it safe with a draw and attempt a FG, in the 3rd freakin quarter to ensure victory!!

Give me a freakin break w/ that crap. That drive happened to be our best of the day, until a bad call and bonehead throw killed it.

Criticize the super short pass all day, I agree, but this guy's analysis is shit, plain and simple.

Imon Yourside
12-10-2014, 09:00 AM
ok wait, so now we are critizing a HC for calling a pass play on 3rd&9, saying instead to play it safe with a draw and attempt a FG, in the 3rd freakin quarter to ensure victory!!

Give me a freakin break w/ that crap. That drive happened to be our best of the day, until a bad call and bonehead throw killed it.

Criticize the super short pass all day, I agree, but this guy's analysis is shit, plain and simple.

but his name is Easterbrook!

Easy 6
12-10-2014, 09:08 AM
He's wins 60% of his games. He's a 9-7 / 10-6 coach. Perfect for KC fans.

If I gotta choose between Reid and Smith, Reids the easy choice IMO.

He had some excellent years in Philly, but his team was far more talented overall and having Jim Johnson didnt hurt either, dude was like Dick LeBeau 1-B.

lcarus
12-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Do you think Reid is looking out for Jamaal by not running the shit out of him? I mean, it still doesn't mean that we shouldn't run wayyyy more (we still have Knile so we don't have to Herm Jamaal Charles to death). I'm just really curious what goes through Andy's head.

Red Dawg
12-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Andy is doing what he thinks is best with the guys he has. Slamming JC into a brick wall because our OL is crap is not going to help anything. The OL is so bad it has killd our offense and any plan Andy can make. The man did not get to the NFC champ game and the SB because he is stupid. Dorsey is the player personnel guy that should be under fire for the OL and WR mess.

It's a pathedic mess.

lcarus
12-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Andy is doing what he thinks is best with the guys he has. Slamming JC into a brick wall because our OL is crap is not going to help anything. The OL is so bad it has killd our offense and any plan Andy can make. The man did not get to the NFC champ game and the SB because he is stupid. Dorsey is the player personnel guy that should be under fire for the OL and WR mess.

It's a pathedic mess.

You just basically answered my question as I posted it

Easy 6
12-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Do you think Reid is looking out for Jamaal by not running the shit out of him? I mean, it still doesn't mean that we shouldn't run wayyyy more (we still have Knile so we don't have to Herm Jamaal Charles to death). I'm just really curious what goes through Andy's head.

If he was worried about overworking JC then we'd atleast be seeing more Davis and Thomas.

Reerun_KC
12-10-2014, 09:14 AM
If I gotta choose between Reid and Smith, Reids the easy choice IMO.

He had some excellent years in Philly, but his team was far more talented overall and having Jim Johnson didnt hurt either, dude was like Dick LeBeau 1-B.
I chose neither. If one fails they both fail.

Too much invested in both to give them too much leeway.

But as long as smith is here cp will give reid a free pass.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2014, 09:23 AM
I disagree..

of course you do

scho63
12-10-2014, 09:26 AM
1-10-KC 24
2-8-KC 26
3-4-KC 30
1-10-KC 36
2-10-KC 36
2-15-KC 31
3-15-KC 31
4-15-KC 31

Inexcusable.

Inexcusable is too kind. That was the WORST display of a two minute offense I've ever witnessed in 45 years of watching the NFL. :cuss:

Reerun_KC
12-10-2014, 09:29 AM

Its all fixable.....
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

keg in kc
12-10-2014, 09:29 AM
It actually makes sense to pass when everybody is overcommitted to stopping Charles. The problem is that every pass they execute is an extended handoff and they put zero pressure on anybody down the field. Teams basically only have to defend 10 yards beyond the los. And bring regular pressure, because the line can't handle it and the quarterback can't overcome it with anything but his legs.

I'd love to see almost any other qb at this point, just to try to ascertain if the problem is systemic or specific to AS. Although at the same time I don't necessarily believe that Daniel is capable of doing anything different or that Murray is further enough along to try.

In any case I'm not sure the end result would be a whole lot different if they ran the ball more. I'm not convinced the line can consistently open lanes the way defenses are currently stacked, Charles seems to be taking enough punishment already and while I like Davis he still feels like a fumble waiting to happen. I think we basically see what we've been seeing until they start to execute some lengthier intermediate passes. In other words when we take advantage of what defenses are giving us.

Eleazar
12-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Starting at 2nd and 15, to never get a pass beyond the first down marker is sad, given 3 attempts. But the problem we can't see on television is whether people are getting open downfield pursuant to the progressions. If people are running bad routes and/or not getting separation, that's part of the issue. If pressure is coming within a second of the snap as it usually has this year, that's part of the issue.

Reerun_KC
12-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Starting at 2nd and 15, to never get a pass beyond the first down marker is sad, given 3 attempts. But the problem we can't see on television is whether people are getting open downfield pursuant to the progressions. If people are running bad routes and/or not getting separation, that's part of the issue. If pressure is coming within a second of the snap as it usually has this year, that's part of the issue.

It will be an on going blame fest between the Alexcuses and the Blowe Pops until the jank ass OL gets addressed...

Once that happens then one of those sides will be right, until then its just a typical day on CP.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Alex was throwing it deep a lot more last year when the OL was solid and we had an option as a deep threat.

Letting Asamoah, Schwartz AND Albert walk while not doing anything to improve our receivers has crippled this offense to a point that scheming is nearly impossible.

The line can't block and the receivers are total crap.

Garcia Bronco
12-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Last year..this year...it doesn't matter...the Chiefs got donkey punched

The Franchise
12-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Alex was throwing it deep a lot more last year when the OL was solid and we had an option as a deep threat.

Letting Asamoah, Schwartz AND Albert walk while not doing anything to improve our receivers has crippled this offense to a point that scheming is nearly impossible.

The line can't block and the receivers are total crap.

So then Dexter McCluster was the lynchpin of this offense?

BossChief
12-10-2014, 10:32 AM
So then Dexter McCluster was the lynchpin of this offense?

When Avery (not McCluster, Avant gives us what he did) is healthy, he changes the whole offense.

When he got hurt in the playoff game, the offense went to sleep.

When he got hurt this year, the offense has struggled.

Dorsey needs to come out of this upcoming draft with 2 receivers, 2 OL, 2 MLBs and he needs to keep Houston, Parker and Hudson in KC.

Anything less is a fail in my book.

WhiteWhale
12-10-2014, 10:33 AM
The problem with bloggers like this is that they tend to have very poor english skills and don't bother proof reading their work.

Stuff like this is more meaningful when it doesn't read like a junior high essay.

Blogging with english skills like that is the same as walking around in a bikini when you weight 600 pounds.

The Franchise
12-10-2014, 10:34 AM
When Avery (not McCluster) is healthy, he changes the whole offense.

Dorsey needs to come out of this upcoming draft with 2 receivers, 2 OL, 2 MLBs and he needs to keep Houston, Parker and Hudson in KC.

So then explain this offense in the first 5 games this season. Avery was healthy for those.

Let me guess....his offensive line sucks.

Or just maybe.....Alex Smith is a worthless piece of shit.

Discuss Thrower
12-10-2014, 10:37 AM
When Avery (not McCluster, Avant gives us what he did) is healthy, he changes the whole offense.

Problem is that sort of draft won't pay dividends until 2-3 years down the line.

If they do at all.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 10:44 AM
So then explain this offense in the first 5 games this season. Avery was healthy for those.

Let me guess....his offensive line sucks.

Or just maybe.....Alex Smith is a worthless piece of shit.

This is quite possibly the worst OL in the NFL.

3/5 starters don't even deserve to be backups.

That is in no way an excuse for Alex. Just an objective observation.

I think this OL/WR grouping is the worst in the league.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Problem is that sort of draft won't pay dividends until 2-3 years down the line.

If they do at all.

I meant to say draft and free agency

petegz28
12-10-2014, 10:52 AM

A better OL\WR group and play calling most likely fix the QB problem. The one position, QB, that has some talent is literally being surrounded by broken shit.

Titty Meat
12-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Even when Alex has time he still misses guys down the field. The Tennessee game, Last drive against the 49ers, and the drive where Kelce fumbled all come to mind.

ILChief
12-10-2014, 10:54 AM

Harris should be a backup

Fulton should be a bottom of the roster or practice squad player

McGlynn should be in the kitchen at Captain D's

The Franchise
12-10-2014, 10:54 AM
A better OL\WR group and play calling most likely fix the QB problem. The one position, QB, that has some talent is literally being surrounded by broken shit.

Yeah....Alex Smith is the All Pro that's surrounded by shit talent.

:rolleyes:

petegz28
12-10-2014, 10:57 AM

Outside of JC, Smith and Kelce...who on this offense is worth a fuck? Bowe? Avery? Fasano? Hudson, Fisher, McWhiff?? Please just chime in when I hit on a name...

petegz28
12-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Even when Alex has time he still misses guys down the field. The Tennessee game, Last drive against the 49ers, and the drive where Kelce fumbled all come to mind.

There is something to that but when you thrown down field once a game you really increase the odds you will miss.

The Franchise
12-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Outside of JC, Smith and Kelce...who on this offense is worth a ****? Bowe? Avery? Fasano? Hudson, Fisher, McWhiff?? Please just chime in when I hit on a name...

He seemed just fine with those weapons during the playoff game.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2014, 11:02 AM

best players for their position on offense

Charles
Sherman
Bowe
Alex Smith
Hudson

How fucking sad is that

One elite player on offense, hopefully Kelce grows a brain and gives us a second one before we kill Charles.

petegz28
12-10-2014, 11:02 AM
He seemed just fine with those weapons during the playoff game.

He had 3 completely different people on the line and the play calling was mucho better that game.

But I am glad you have pretty much established the fact that given time to throw down field, he can and will and is productive at doing so.

However, would have been better had the "All-Pro" Bowe done what All-Pro WR's do and got his foo down in bounds, we probably win that game.

petegz28
12-10-2014, 11:03 AM
best players for their position on offense

Charles
Sherman
Bowe
Alex Smith
Hudson

How ****ing sad is that

One elite player on offense, hopefully Kelce grows a brain and gives us a second one before we kill Charles.

Charles=elite
Sherman=sufficient
Bowe=turble
Alex Smith=sufficient and then some
Hudson=weak

The Franchise
12-10-2014, 11:06 AM
I'm not denying that the offensive line is worse than last year. But it hasn't been a complete bed of shit the entire season. Alex Smith has been sacked 38 times this season. Stafford has been sacked 39 times. Russell Wilson? 33.

You make it seem like Alex Smith is blowing the league out of the water with the number of sacks he takes. Alex Smith also has a hand in making the offensive line look worse than it is.

notorious
The more light the media shines on the problem, the more pressure will be applied to correct the problems.

If they don't fix the problems, fuck them.

The Franchise
Charles=elite
Sherman=sufficient
Bowe=turble
Alex Smith=sufficient and then some
Hudson=weak

petegz28 = retarded.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Smith is not great, he needs to feel secure and have time to throw the ball.

Andy Heck should be looking over his shoulder. He's done a pretty shitty job with the Oline. Even with this talent it should be better. The Oline should know what they're supposed to do at least.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm not denying that the offensive line is worse than last year. But it hasn't been a complete bed of shit the entire season. Alex Smith has been sacked 38 times this season. Stafford has been sacked 39 times. Russell Wilson? 33.

You make it seem like Alex Smith is blowing the league out of the water with the number of sacks he takes. Alex Smith also has a hand in making the offensive line look worse than it is.

The offensive line has been as bad as I can remember.

It's as bad (the last handful of games) as the Kyle Turley and Jordan Black OLs

Mr. Laz
12-10-2014, 11:12 AM

Stafford has attempt 100 more passes than Smith

The Chiefs are 3rd to last in number of pass attempts in the NFL
Seattle is last, 16 less than the Chiefs.

Seattles Oline is much better, Wilson is holding the ball forever.

Sorter
petegz28 = retarded.

Bowe sucks and never gets open.

http://i.imgur.com/1D8TtQu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mslxsaq.jpg

BossChief
That Denver game has Alex seeing ghosts imo

The Franchise
12-10-2014, 11:13 AM

He was doing it before Denver. Fuck....we saw shades of it last season when he had a better offensive line.

OnTheWarpath15
12-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Bowe sucks and never gets open.

http://i.imgur.com/1D8TtQu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mslxsaq.jpg

Bowe is covered by Patrick Peterson on the 9 yard line there.

But Avant is WIDE FUCKING OPEN on the 15.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2014, 11:14 AM
He's going full Huard.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 11:15 AM
My problem with Smith is that he is terrible in crunch time.

notorious
12-10-2014, 11:21 AM

Considering he nearly died......

ThaVirus
12-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Outside of JC, Smith and Kelce...who on this offense is worth a fuck? Bowe? Avery? Fasano? Hudson, Fisher, McWhiff?? Please just chime in when I hit on a name...

JC, Kelce, DAT, Bowe- if you're talking about playmakers.

Sherman, Avant, Knile- if you're talking about guys that are pretty good that can get the job done.

That's actually pretty damned decent.

petegz28
12-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Sherman, Avant, Knile- if you're talking about guys that are pretty good that can get the job done.

Bowe is too iffy for what he is "supposed" to be
Knile is only good if Reid calls his #...so again, not on Alex but I agree, Knile is good

Avant I think is suffering from lack of practice time but will be a good addition
Sherman I stated was sufficient and I have no problems with him at all

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2014, 11:30 AM
The difference between Smith this year and last year isn't weapons. His weapons this year are better than last year. The oline is worse but that's not as big of a problem as people want to claim.

The problem is Alex Smith only plays aggressive when his back is to the wall. He was aggressive against indy last year because he didn't trust his defense. That's dumb for a QB to need that pressure to attack. It worked fine early in the year. Smith thinks he can win games by playing conservative. He can, except he's a shitty closer and he has to acknowledge that sooner or later.

RunKC
12-10-2014, 11:31 AM
All the retards on this board that are chastising Bob Sutton can go **** themselves.

tied for 4th in points allowed
#1 in TD % allowed in the redzone at 36%.

Of course the run D is gashed. That's what happens when you lose DeVito (top 5 3-4 DE run defender last year per PFF), DJ and Berry.

It's criminal what this offense is doing to the defense.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 11:34 AM

Can people please stop calling DAT a playmaker until he actually...you know...makes some plays.

This offense has Charles and Kelce as playmakers and Bowe needs to be a #2 at this point.

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2014, 11:34 AM
The defense is fine.

Andy's play calling, clock management and game planning are either brilliant or awful.

The Chiefs fate relies too much in one man's hands, which is something Clark said he wanted to avoid.

OnTheWarpath15
12-10-2014, 11:36 AM
All the retards on this board that are chastising Bob Sutton can go **** themselves.

tied for 4th in points allowed
#1 in TD % allowed in the redzone at 36%.

Of course the run D is gashed. That's what happens when you lose DeVito (top 5 3-4 DE run defender last year per PFF), DJ and Berry.

It's criminal what this offense is doing to the defense.

The defense gave up 4.5 YPC last year WITH all those players.

I agree with everything else you said, but to blame the run defense on the loss of DJ and DeVito is disingenuous.

OnTheWarpath15
12-10-2014, 11:38 AM
The defense is fine.

Andy's play calling, clock management and game planning are either brilliant or awful.

The Chiefs fate relies too much in one man's hands, which is something Clark said he wanted to avoid.

Absolutely correct.

Except that "one man" isn't Andy Reid.

It's Jamaal Charles.

Dude is 40% of our offense and we STILL complain about not using him enough.

keg in kc
12-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Absolutely correct.

It's Jamaal Charles.

Dude is 40% of our offense and we STILL complain about not using him enough....in a game where he was on the sidelines with a lower leg injury for more than a quarter.

RunKC
12-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Absolutely correct.

It's Jamaal Charles.

Dude is 40% of our offense and we STILL complain about not using him enough.

It's not Jamaal either. It's Alex. With how much passing we do, the ball is literally in his hand every play.

He's missing open players downfield.

TEX
12-10-2014, 11:44 AM
The difference between Smith this year and last year isn't weapons. His weapons this year are better than last year. The oline is worse but that's not as big of a problem as people want to claim.

The problem is Alex Smith only plays aggressive when his back is to the wall. He was aggressive against indy last year because he didn't trust his defense. That's dumb for a QB to need that pressure to attack. It worked fine early in the year. Smith thinks he can win games by playing conservative. He can, except he's a shitty closer and he has to acknowledge that sooner or later.

The biggest difference is your JAG OL. Smith has regressed because he's scrambling for his life. Also miss Dex but hey have Kelce so that's a wash. Fix the OL and KC is much better even with Smith and his limited weapons. It's the one area that will yield the most improvement if fixed.

TheUte
12-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Alex has been horrid, right from the start of season. He has all those sacks but, every other ball is batted down. I think just scared shitless by that O-line.

It seems like JC has to break 10 tackles just to get a yard.

it Andy is going to fix anything he has to fix the line. I can't believe they thought they were going to have any success this year with what the have.

I almost wish they would bring in incognito to get some fire in this team.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 11:50 AM
They should have signed incognito months ago

stumppy
12-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Can people please stop calling DAT a playmaker until he actually...you know...makes some plays.

This offense has Charles and Kelce as playmakers and Bowe needs to be a #2 at this point.

I agree. He's been nothing more than a slight distraction for opposing def's.

Sorter
12-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Bowe is covered by Patrick Peterson on the 9 yard line there.

But Avant is WIDE FUCKING OPEN on the 15.

It's Bowe.

http://i.imgur.com/VCzebZZ.jpg

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2014, 12:36 PM
The biggest difference is your JAG OL. Smith has regressed because he's scrambling for his life. Also miss Dex but hey have Kelce so that's a wash. Fix the OL and KC is much better even with Smith and his limited weapons. It's the one area that will yield the most improvement if fixed.
No, it isn't.

So your solution is to fix the OL and suddenly this team is fixed? That is nuts. Alex is going to be Alex. He will see some improvement but I don't see an OL suddenly turning him into an aggressive qb. The only thing that will turn him aggressive is if the Defense collapses. And that's a weird idea to root for your defense to suck in order to convince your qb to take chances.

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2014, 12:38 PM
My problem with Smith is that he is terrible in crunch time.
Yup, which is even worse because he plays to his competition which means he will have more closer games than most.

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2014, 12:42 PM
And by the way, before you call me out for being dead wrong....

You can feel free to look, but I said very early in the season that Alex Smith is probably not the qb to take us to the Super Bowl. Not this year, or any year. And I said repeatedly for 6 months it's because he can't convert third downs and he can't close games. So while you want to point to me being epically wrong, most people at least in this thread probably agree with me. While you keep harping about this OL, I know that the real problem is not the OL.

scho63
12-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Don't know if anyone posted this stat.

Including Sunday, the Chiefs are 0-4 when Jamaal Charles is active but has 10 or fewer rushes (6-2 with more than 10 rushes). It can't be that easy, can it?

ThaVirus
12-10-2014, 12:58 PM

He averages 7 yards per touch.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 03:35 PM
He averages 7 yards per touch.

So, he's not as effective as McCluster?

notorious
12-10-2014, 03:39 PM
The Indy playoff game fucked us over.

It gave the organization a false look at how good Smith and the offense is.

ThaVirus
12-10-2014, 03:49 PM
So, he's not as effective as McCluster?

Depends on how you look at it.

McCluster appears to have been a more effective punt returner. I'd say that has less to do with the two after they field it but before so. McCluster was much smarter in picking and choosing which punts to field, which, I think, is the reason he was more effective overall.

In his limited time, DAT appears to be much more explosive and the better kick returner, though.

He's averaging over 8 yards per rush with 1 TD in just 23 touches. McCluster scored 2 all year in 2013 when he touched the ball over 60 times.

McCluster's yards per catch are also a bit inflated compared to DAT because he was used as a legit slot type guy in 2013 as opposed to the utility/RB/gadget player DAT has been so far this year. I haven't seen a completion to DAT that was anything other than a drag or screen.

Easy 6
12-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I agree. He's been nothing more than a slight distraction for opposing def's.

Heres the problem with what Boss said and your post... we've all seen what this kid is capable of when given enough chances, he is ELECTRIC. I've said it before and I'll say it again... he's just as exciting as JC to watch IMO.

He accelerates instantly and ABSOLUTELY has the wormiest way of avoiding contact that I've ever seen, he snakes by and through tackles like I've never seen before, including JC... Reid is criminally underusing this guy when you consider our lack of big playmakers.

Its been grating on my ****ing nerves like crazy with this guy.

Titty Meat
12-10-2014, 03:53 PM
The defense is fine.

Huh? They gave up 100 yards to a guy who was on the practice squad Friday.

Beef Supreme
12-10-2014, 03:58 PM
This defense would be fine if we were fielding Vermeil's offense. But we aren't

Easy 6
12-10-2014, 04:06 PM
McGlynn should be in the kitchen at Captain D's

Bahahaaa

Mike! we need two full orders of shrimp down and grab some slaw outta the walk-in!

HemiEd
12-10-2014, 04:12 PM

You waste your two first round picks by totally blowing them, then give away your two seconds, talent might be an issue.

ThaVirus
12-10-2014, 04:13 PM
This defense would be fine if we were fielding Vermeil's offense. But we aren't

So a top 5 defense isn't good enough..

We need top 3!

MTG#10
12-10-2014, 04:19 PM
The truth of the matter is, Reid gets more out of this team than most coaches would, but he also manages to get less out of them through stupidity.

It's the enigma that is Andy Reid. Sadly. This team is by and large way overachieving their talent. But it's frustrating to watch them blow games they were surprisingly competitive in because of poor decision making.

This

Reerun_KC
12-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Who cares?

Holding an opponent, on the road, to 17 points or less should result in a win for the opposing team.

Unless that team, of course, is the Chiefs.
Bob doesn't care.
He is probably still trying to dig that huge dick out of his ass from all the breaking off teams are doing to his defense.

Titty Meat
12-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Who cares?

Holding an opponent, on the road, to 17 points or less should result in a win for the opposing team.

Unless that team, of course, is the Chiefs.

23 points the Cardinals kicker sucks. I get your point but the defense has still been a liability and only 8 turnovers all season.

InChiefsHeaven
12-10-2014, 04:37 PM
23 points the Cardinals kicker sucks. I get your point but the defense has still been a liability and only 8 turnovers all season.

Can't we all just agree that this team is failing as a whole? The suck is happening everywhere, and each unit is feeding off the other...making them all one big fat pile of suck...

maybe special teams are...OK...I guess...

The whole team is losing these games. Even if the D is not giving up points, they are letting teams run all over them, giving the offense less time. This makes our shitty offense feel like they have to throw the ball all the goddam time, and we KNOW how that works out. So...3 and out, and the opposing team has another 5+ minute drive for at least a FG or we get pinned deep on a punt...and the offense sucks because...

...etc etc etc.

ThaVirus
12-10-2014, 04:37 PM
LMAO The defense has been the liability. That's rich.

You could add all the field goals teams have missed against us this season and I'd bet we're still a top 5 scoring defense.

duncan_idaho
12-10-2014, 04:39 PM
About time Andy Reid takes some hits around KC/media.

He went along with the offseason of sitting pat and relying on internal improvement at way too many spots to be competitive.

He hand-picked Alex Smith to run this offense.

He continues to give Jamaal Charles too few touches in the run game.

The things Eagles fans told us we wouldn't like are just as true as the things the HONEST 49ers fans (not the ball washers) told us we wouldn't like about Alex Smith.

Titty Meat
12-10-2014, 04:43 PM
LMAO The defense has been the liability. That's rich.

You could add all the field goals teams have missed against us this season and I'd bet we're still a top 5 scoring defense.

They don't give up a lot of points between opposing teams running for 100+ yards every game and Alex Smith throwing 4 yard passes it eats up alot of the clock. The ball control offense def. masked the defenses problems all year. Also you didn't address the 8 turnovers all year is that because it doesn't support your argument?

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2014, 04:49 PM

The defense in no way, shape or form, has been a "liability".

The Chiefs win if Andy Reid calls a great offensive game and they lose if his play calling is garbage.

The only game the Chiefs truly lost this year, IMO, is the first Denver game. Reid has been directly responsible for every single loss.

RunKC
12-10-2014, 05:00 PM
They don't give up a lot of points between opposing teams running for 100+ yards every game and Alex Smith throwing 4 yard passes it eats up alot of the clock. The ball control offense def. masked the defenses problems all year. Also you didn't address the 8 turnovers all year is that because it doesn't support your argument?

This team held a high powered Denver offense to 2 TD's in 7 redzone appearances....both thanks to Alex throwing the INT and the ST's blunder giving them 6 points.

Chiefs are also 10th in the NFL on 3rd down defense while stopping teams 3.9% more than last year, so they are forcing more punts, which is a turnover.

RunKC
12-10-2014, 05:03 PM

The Chiefs win if Andy Reid calls a great offensive game and they lose if his play calling is garbage.

The only game the Chiefs truly lost this year, IMO, is the first Denver game. Reid has been directly responsible for every single loss.

Disagree here. Despite Andy's bad play calling, Alex was responsible for the Raider and Cardinals loss. There were open players and Alex's horrid INT last Sunday changed the whole game.

TEX
12-10-2014, 05:04 PM
When you consider the SHIT OL, WR's and QB, I can't imagine WHY Reid likes to pass so much?

TEX
12-10-2014, 05:05 PM

I agree about the defense and the game-planning but KC was never really in 2nd Denver game save for a few moments. THAT was a TOTAL ASS POUNDING.

ThaVirus
12-10-2014, 05:10 PM

Your argument is shit. I had hoped I wouldn't need to entertain you any further..

When your defense gives up an average of 18 points per game, you should win far more often than not, not be sitting at 1 game over .500.

If memory serves, our offense scored 20, 16, and 14 points over the past three weeks? That is fucking horrendous and will not get the job done in this league.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-10-2014, 08:15 PM
I ask again:

Has Reid been informed that he now coaches in the AFC?

Rasputin
12-10-2014, 08:15 PM

Then what is the excuse for not being able to take advantage of the 8-9 guys in the box with the passing game down field? Alex Smith can go 6-6 passing for less than 24 yards and maybe a first down in a quarter. That is not moving the sticks it's part of the problem. Not connecting & rarely go down field for making the big plays. We have had great success when ever JC breaks a 30 yard to 50 yard runs but that's also not happening much so we got to find another way to break big plays. Not happening.