PDA

View Full Version : Poop Post in here if you thought the Chiefs had a good off season

Titty Meat
12-10-2014, 06:05 PM
A lot of people defended that pile of shit off season calling guys like Vance Walker "a good signing". Here's your chance now that the season is over and the team has been exposed to eat your crow. I'm looking at you Marcellus.

http://i43.tinypic.com/v7wkuh.jpg

cosmo20002
12-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Post in here if you thought the Chiefs had a good off season

Well, they didn't lose any games.

BossChief
12-10-2014, 06:23 PM
I liked our draft, but thought the way we approached free agency was flawed.

They should have done whatever it takes to get Sanders signed, signing Walker was crap. Waiting to release Flowers pissed me off. Not bringing in linemen that can block after letting 3 walk that were our best linemen was severely flawed when you are trying to win with a QB like Alex Smith.

Simply Red
12-10-2014, 06:24 PM
I still like Reid versus about every other coach we've had since Dick Crymeil. That's about all I have got on this matter.

threebag
12-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Ironic you calling people to eat crow. I LOL'd

lcarus
12-10-2014, 06:48 PM
I was very happy that we replaced McNugget with DAT. I totally thought DAT would be used so much more on offense and in particular, the passing game. It'll take some time I guess.

Titty Meat
12-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Ironic you calling people to eat crow. I LOL'd

Go on point out what I was wrong about

Simply Red
12-10-2014, 06:56 PM
why is it so important to be right or wrong? - I'm almost always wrong about NFL topics - I like it - I wear it as a badge of ignorance - But I will school they ass on about 8 to 11 topics.

ChiefsLV
12-10-2014, 07:11 PM
"You didn't agree with me that the Chiefs suck". Waaaaaaaaa. Welcome to Chiefsplanet where constant pessemism is a requirement to be part of the "in" group. Entropy is easy to predict. Only one team truly succeeds any given year.

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2014, 07:55 PM
I don't give a shit.

I'll stand behind it.

The Chiefs had a good offseason. The Chiefs' 2013 offseason was shit, but they did well this offseason. Saved a bunch of cap money, stockpiled a bunch of draft picks, and didn't overspend on offensive linemen.

This team IS better. They got injured. They have a QB who is holding them back and a coach who isn't helping.

kcchiefsus
12-11-2014, 03:27 AM
I don't give a shit.

I'll stand behind it.

The Chiefs had a good offseason. The Chiefs' 2013 offseason was shit, but they did well this offseason. Saved a bunch of cap money, stockpiled a bunch of draft picks, and didn't overspend on offensive linemen.

This team IS better. They got injured. They have a QB who is holding them back and a coach who isn't helping.

And is that QB problem going to change anytime soon? Nope.

This offseason sucked donkey dick.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 03:38 AM
And is that QB problem going to change anytime soon? Nope.

This offseason sucked donkey dick.

That's not why people are bitching. People are bitching because we didn't get Jairus Byrd or Desean Jackson. For not spending on Geoff Schwartz or Asamoah.

The Chiefs spent very little money, stockpiled picks, and the team improved as a whole. That's a good offseason even if it's not sexy. The problems at QB and head coach should have no bearing on whether we had a good offseason or not.

And by the way, I've always liked Murray's potential with good coaching. So to get him that late in the draft, for me, is also a win.

Jimmya
12-11-2014, 06:09 AM
It was OK.... Still not keen on Andy calling the plays.

Why Not?
12-11-2014, 06:12 AM
The big WR addition was Dexton Wessler. What is there not to like?

TEX
12-11-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't give a shit.

I'll stand behind it.

ROFL OMG Dude, WHAT'S IT LIKE to be so CLUELESS??? Absolutely Hopeless...You probably STILL think the world is FLAT...

ILChief
12-11-2014, 11:55 AM
If they had kept schwartz and signed a good WR I would say yes

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 12:23 PM
If they had kept schwartz and signed a good WR I would say yes
I hate not drafting a WR. Other than that, does anyone really thinking a big investment in WR's and oline is suddenly going to make Smith a stud qb?

This team is better than last year's. If we were healthy, we'd be a lot better. Meanwhile, we stockpiled 4 picks and cleaned up our cap so we can resign Houston, Poe, and berry and still have room for others. I would much rather we do that than spend on a fucking guard.

ILChief
12-11-2014, 12:37 PM
I hate not drafting a WR. Other than that, does anyone really thinking a big investment in WR's and oline is suddenly going to make Smith a stud qb?

This team is better than last year's. If we were healthy, we'd be a lot better. Meanwhile, we stockpiled 4 picks and cleaned up our cap so we can resign Houston, Poe, and berry and still have room for others. I would much rather we do that than spend on a fucking guard.

No, not a stud. But at least serviceable. As it is he has no time and when he does he has no faith in any receivers

The Franchise
12-11-2014, 12:40 PM
No, not a stud. But at least serviceable. As it is he has no time and when he does he has no faith in any receivers

That's because HE'S A FUCKING WORTHLESS QB.

Eleazar
12-11-2014, 12:43 PM
I don't remember a single person thinking the Chiefs had a good offseason last year.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't remember a single person thinking the Chiefs had a good offseason last year.
This team is better than last year. Even if it's not good enough, the point was to improve and they did. Add in a healthy dj and berry, and avery healthy all year and this team is probably significantly better.

Improving while not spending any money and getting 4 comp picks in the process, to me, is a good offseason. We went from being an overrated team barely beating backup qbs to a team that has looked competitive in almost every game against a brutal schedule. Our coaching and qb play are much more the reason for why we are underachieving.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 12:56 PM
I am starting to believe that Alex Smith will always play to his competition. The only way he becomes aggressive is if the Defense starts to suck.

If Alex is the qb, the best play is to surround him with a studly defense. The defense is dramatically better than last year. So if one year of bad talent at oline and wr helps us improve our defense, it's worth it.

B_Ambuehl
12-11-2014, 01:19 PM
It rarely, almost never, pays to go cheap on Oline and it definitely doesn't pay to go cheap when your football team plays this style of offensive football. With Dorsey in S.F. the 49ers built a successful offense almost entirely on the strength of their offensive line. One would think he'd know better. So, no, definitely not a good offseason.

The Franchise
12-11-2014, 01:26 PM
It rarely, almost never, pays to go cheap on Oline and it definitely doesn't pay to go cheap when your football team plays this style of offensive football. With Dorsey in S.F. the 49ers built a successful offense almost entirely on the strength of their offensive line. One would think he'd know better. So, no, definitely not a good offseason.

Since when was Dorsey in San Francisco?

Brock
12-11-2014, 01:26 PM
This team is better than last year. Even if it's not good enough, the point was to improve and they did. Add in a healthy dj and berry, and avery healthy all year and this team is probably significantly better.

Improving while not spending any money and getting 4 comp picks in the process, to me, is a good offseason. We went from being an overrated team barely beating backup qbs to a team that has looked competitive in almost every game against a brutal schedule. Our coaching and qb play are much more the reason for why we are underachieving.

In what way is this team better than last season? They're exactly the same as last season, maybe a little worse in fact. There has been NO improvement for sure. Last year this was a team that did a couple of things pretty well, at present they are still at most that.

The Franchise
12-11-2014, 01:28 PM
QB = Same
RB = Marginally improved because of DAT
WR = Same
TE = Better because of Kelce
Offensive line = A shit ton worse.
Defensive line = Better
LBs = Worse
CBs = Hard to say. Flowers was obviously better but he was in the wrong scheme here.
S = Better

jonzie04
12-11-2014, 01:46 PM
No, but some people get carried away with this fire everyone stuff. Its not like they had a lot of money. I do wish they would have been able to resign schwartz or asamoah. And get the sanders deal done, or atleast have another target other than sanders. Steve smith? Kenny britt? But walker and mays were both good pickups. And they did draft 3 starters. 4 next year when ford starts.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2014, 01:47 PM
I don't give a shit.

I'll stand behind it.

:shake:

the coach and QB didn't change so you're just blowing smoke

The last thing you want to do with this QB and this coach is get worse along the offensive line.

the only thing that got better THIS offseason is the the salary cap

rebuilding

RunKC
12-11-2014, 01:48 PM
I will say this: Dorsey made the right move not giving Jackson, DMC, Albert, Schwartz and Asamoah contracts.

Albert is the only one who is above average and he is broken piece of glass

RunKC
12-11-2014, 01:50 PM
I liked our draft, but thought the way we approached free agency was flawed.

They should have done whatever it takes to get Sanders signed, signing Walker was crap. Waiting to release Flowers pissed me off. Not bringing in linemen that can block after letting 3 walk that were our best linemen was severely flawed when you are trying to win with a QB like Alex Smith.

Sanders was going to Denver regardless. They have Manning and that's why he went there.

I don't think Dorsey could do anything to change that.

Flowers was cut so late bc we got more money to the cap. And we used some of it to give to Charles. No problem with that. Flowers isn't very good anymore.

ILChief
12-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I will say this: Dorsey made the right move not giving Jackson, DMC, Albert, Schwartz and Asamoah contracts.

I would have kept schwartz over albert

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 01:51 PM
:shake:

the coach and QB didn't change so you're just blowing smoke

The last thing you want to do with this QB and this coach is get worse along the offensive line.

the only thing that got better THIS offseason is the the salary cap

rebuilding
You are absolutely nuts if you don't think we got a shitload better on defense. This is a very good defense even absent two pro bowlers.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 01:56 PM
In what way is this team better than last season? They're exactly the same as last season, maybe a little worse in fact. There has been NO improvement for sure. Last year this was a team that did a couple of things pretty well, at present they are still at most that.
This board bitched last year about how we beat up a terrible schedule and a bunch of backup qbs. Even in those games, we looked sloppy.

This year, we are playing excellent defense and running the ball well. The passing game took a step back but other than oline, their weapons on offense are better than last year's. Again, injuries at receiver don't help.

If Alex Smith closed his fucking games and Andy Reid didn't constantly forget jamaal charles, this team would be in the playoffs against one of the hardest schedules in football. The team is better. We are over. 500 against a brutal schedule down several pro bowlers and we lost, what, 4 of 6 games on the final drive?

RealSNR
12-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Keep in mind that Jeff Allen was supposed to be our starting LG.

I know he's not great, but he sure as fuck wouldn't be Mike McGlynn.

People would still be flipping shit about the offensive line, but just that one addition would cut the number of times Alex had fewer than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball by half. And that would make this OL adequate for a QB to get the job done.

People would still bitch and say he has no time to throw, but they're retards.

DenverChief
12-11-2014, 01:59 PM
LBs = Worse

Uhhh

RunKC
12-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Too early to tell with the draft, but I like the Gaines and DAT picks.

All the quality WR's were gone when DAT was drafted. Hell Albert Wilson looks better than all the WR's after the DAT pick.

It's the 1st round pick that will tell us about Dorsey. I like their thinking bc pass rusher is a top 3 need on a team, but looking at 2 QB's and 2 WR's looking real good after his pick will potentially cause uproar if Ford doesn't look good next season.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 02:02 PM

People would still be flipping shit about the offensive line, but just that one addition would cut the number of times Alex had fewer than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball by half. And that would make this OL adequate for a QB to get the job done.

People here act like an oline is going to fix Alex Smith. It will undoubtedly make Smith better.

Unfortunately, the only thing I think will fix Alex Smith is our defense collapsing. It seems to be the only way Smith grows a pair. So whether our defense is bad or good, Smith will keep every game close, and then he has no ability to close the game on the final drive. Smith is the problem a lot moreso than the oline.

RunKC
12-11-2014, 02:03 PM

I know he's not great, but he sure as **** wouldn't be Mike McGlynn.

Don't forget Stephenson. He was supposed to be solid, but turned into Merroidman post bust.

The Franchise
12-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Uhhh

Look at our ILBs. Our LB corp is worse than last year.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2014, 02:05 PM

That's not the question.

if we decide to let those guys leave then get quality replacements.

This team has less talent.

Abdullah and Parker were on the team last year so even the talent improvement at safety is questionable. I guess are backups at safety are better now.

QB - same players
RB - same players
WR - same players
Oline - much worse
TE - Same players, although Kelce is healthy now so the production has improved

Dline - few different players but the Jaye Howard is the only improvement. Hali(DE/OLB)Bailey and Poe were here last year
LB - few different players but same results due to injuries
DBs - switch from Flowers to Gaines, long term might be good but now it's cheaper not improved. Starting last year's backups at Safety. Improvement in depth at safety except we are using it at CB(parker)

Punter - same player
Kicker - improvement from Succup to Santos

Eleazar
12-11-2014, 02:05 PM

The offensive line has been deteriorating for a couple of years now. Other than spending a draft pick on Fisher, they haven't done a thing about it but bring in scrubs and washouts.

ILChief
12-11-2014, 02:06 PM
You are absolutely nuts if you don't think we got a shitload better on defense. This is a very good defense even absent two pro bowlers.

We have not allowed 30 points or a 300 yard passed this season. In this day and age that is an accomplishment

BossChief
12-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Sanders was going to Denver regardless. They have Manning and that's why he went there.

I don't think Dorsey could do anything to change that.

Flowers was cut so late bc we got more money to the cap. And we used some of it to give to Charles. No problem with that. Flowers isn't very good anymore.

They could have designated him a June 1 cut way back in February...they didn't need to wait.

TEX
12-11-2014, 02:10 PM
People here act like an oline is going to fix Alex Smith. It will undoubtedly make Smith better.

Unfortunately, the only thing I think will fix Alex Smith is our defense collapsing. It seems to be the only way Smith grows a pair. So whether our defense is bad or good, Smith will keep every game close, and then he has no ability to close the game on the final drive. Smith is the problem a lot moreso than the oline.

:facepalm:

Mr. Laz
12-11-2014, 02:10 PM
We have not allowed 30 points or a 300 yard passed this season. In this day and age that is an accomplishment

That's from scheme, not talent.

Sutton dumped his aggressive Bear style defense so we stopped giving up 40 yard passes 2 or 3 times a game.

Brock
12-11-2014, 02:21 PM
This board bitched last year about how we beat up a terrible schedule and a bunch of backup qbs. Even in those games, we looked sloppy.

This year, we are playing excellent defense and running the ball well. The passing game took a step back but other than oline, their weapons on offense are better than last year's. Again, injuries at receiver don't help.

If Alex Smith closed his ****ing games and Andy Reid didn't constantly forget jamaal charles, this team would be in the playoffs against one of the hardest schedules in football. The team is better. We are over. 500 against a brutal schedule down several pro bowlers and we lost, what, 4 of 6 games on the final drive?

What fans bitched about isn't the issue. The issues this team has this year are exactly the same as last year, regardless of schedule. The defense the first half of last season was historically great and fell off a cliff. This year appears to be following a similar trajectory, downward as the season has progressed. Last year's OL was the same or better than this year. They did nothing to improve the receiving corps this offseason. They still have no depth on DL. The linebackers are mostly a bunch of jags. Their nifty new offensive weapon isn't doing much yet. Their first round pick in 2014 may yet make his first play in these last few weeks of 2014. About the only major improvement has been at TE with a player from last year's draft.

So no, I do not agree that the team has made any significant strides this season, nor that this offseason was good work.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 02:23 PM
That's not the question.

Abdullah and Parker were on the team last year so even the talent improvement at safety is questionable. I guess are backups at safety are better now.

QB - same players
RB - same players
WR - same players
Oline - much worse

Dline - few different players but the Jaye Howard is the only improvement. Hali(DE/OLB)Bailey and Poe were here last year
DBs - switch from Flowers to Gaines, long term might be good but now it's cheaper not improved. Starting last year's backups at Safety. Improvement in depth at safety except we are using it at CB(parker)

Punter - same player
Factor in the decision to not resign demps, Lewis, Jordan, and Jackson. Each was upgraded by their replacement. Dline improved substantially even missing devito and catapano. Howard and vickerson have been excellent. Dorsey made a ballsy move to get rid of an excellent corner in flowers. He added in Owens, Fleming, and Gaines. We saved 10m and didn't lose a step. Mauga and jmj and Coleman are not great, but they are upgrades over demps and Jordan. He also didn't blow a gazillion dollars on Byrd, as we all wanted. There's something to be said for smart restraint.

Imagine the defense if berry and dj were in. It's possible commings, devito, and catapano could have helped too. And wr haven't even had our cbs healthy all year. This is shaping up to be an excellent defense.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 02:25 PM
What fans bitched about isn't the issue. The issues this team has this year are exactly the same as last year, regardless of schedule. The defense the first half of last season was historically great and fell off a cliff. This year appears to be following a similar trajectory, downward as the season has progressed. Last year's OL was the same or better than this year. They did nothing to improve the receiving corps this offseason. They still have no depth on DL. The linebackers are mostly a bunch of jags. Their nifty new offensive weapon isn't doing much yet. Their first round pick in 2014 may yet make his first play in these last few weeks of 2014. About the only major improvement has been at TE with a player from last year's draft.

So no, I do not agree that the team has made any significant strides this season, nor that this offseason was good work.
The defensive trajectory is because our coaches have no idea how to make substitutions and we lost two pro bowlers plus several others to injury. It has little to do with talent.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Factor in the decision to not resign demps, Lewis, Jordan, and Jackson. Each was upgraded by their replacement. Dline improved substantially even missing devito and catapano. Howard and vickerson have been excellent. Dorsey made a ballsy move to get rid of an excellent corner in flowers. He added in Owens, Fleming, and Gaines. We saved 10m and didn't lose a step. Mauga and jmj and Coleman are not great, but they are upgrades over demps and Jordan. He also didn't blow a gazillion dollars on Byrd, as we all wanted. There's something to be said for smart restraint.

Imagine the defense if berry and dj were in. It's possible commings, devito, and catapano could have helped too. And wr haven't even had our cbs healthy all year. This is shaping up to be an excellent defense.

you're ducking, dodging and spinning

you keep bringing up money, which is NOT THE QUESTION

If you think this offseason was better because you wanted to rebuild, then fine. Just stop acting like this team is more talented.

the only significant improvement made this last offseason is the salary cap.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 02:46 PM
you're ducking, dodging and spinning

you keep bringing up money, which is NOT THE QUESTION

If you think this offseason was better because you wanted to rebuild, then fine. Just stop acting like this team is more talented.

the only significant improvement made this last offseason is the salary cap.
The defense is better. Much much better.

The run offense is still good even in spite of the oline.

With a healthy Avery, this offense with kelce and DAT has better weapons.

The big step back we took was oline. And that's considering losing a starting guard and right tackle before the season even started.

Last year we beat a bunch of bad teams staring backup qbs. This year, we are competing and often winning against top teams playing their a game. That's considering losing 2 OL to injury and suspension, two #2 receivers most of the year to injury, 2 defensive lineman to injury, two key pro bowl run defenders in berry and dj, constant injuries to Fleming, Owens, and Gaines.

And that's not even talking about the big reason we are losing, which is Alex Smith and Andy Reid.

This team is better even while destroyed by injuries and schedule. At full strength, this times is miles better than last year.

RunKC
12-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Dorsey was relying on Allen and Stephenson to shore up the OL this year.

Allen only had 3 bad grades in pass pro last year and The last 7 games Stephenson only had one bad grade in pass pro and one in run blocking the last 7 games when he got 60+ snaps.

They were on the upswing and they went to LeCharles Bentley's camp to get better. Then we lose Allen to injury and Stephenson cheated and has been proven a fraud.

Having those players this year would have made our OL look so much better.

I am happy with our secondary this year. They are significantly better than last year. That's one thing I think you could say Dorsey did a good job with last offseason.

RunKC
12-11-2014, 02:57 PM
That's not the question.

QB - same players
RB - same players
WR - same players
Oline - much worse

Punter - same player

You are one dumb sumbitch if you really think that CB wasn't improved with Gaines compared to Flowers last year.

Go watch the Denver games at Arrowhead the last 2 years and focus on Flowers and Gaines if you think I'm lying.

Titty Meat
12-11-2014, 02:58 PM

Welcome back Brock!

DaFace
12-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Weird thread. I don't recall there being much optimism at all about this offseason. It wasn't until we started winning earlier in the season that everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

OnTheWarpath15
12-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Half a point per game is apparently "much, much better."

Giving up 18.5 this year compared to 19 last year.

And we still have games against Pittsburgh and SD left.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Weird thread. I don't recall there being much optimism at all about this offseason. It wasn't until we started winning earlier in the season that everyone jumped on the bandwagon.
And not until we last back to back games against 10 win teams when Cp went back to the over reactionary "we are absolutely terrible" mode.

The truth is, we have been far better than anyone here expected. We are better than last year. And we faced a brutal schedule and a ton of injuries, both a million times tougher than last year. And even in our losses, we are losing close games.

We're a long way from where we need to be. But I feel much more comfortable with how we are losing games this year than how we were winning games last year.

OnTheWarpath15
12-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Looks like the Moral Victory Parade is marching by.

Brock
12-11-2014, 03:21 PM
And not until we last back to back games against 10 win teams when Cp went back to the over reactionary "we are absolutely terrible" mode.

The truth is, we have been far better than anyone here expected. We are better than last year. And we faced a brutal schedule and a ton of injuries, both a million times tougher than last year. And even in our losses, we are losing close games.

We're a long way from where we need to be. But I feel much more comfortable with how we are losing games this year than how we were winning games last year.

They aren't terrible. They're an average to better than average team, just like last year.

RealSNR
12-11-2014, 03:24 PM
I understood why Dorsey didn't spend shit this year, but I think it was severely mistimed.

He made this bed in the 2013 offseason when he added all those worthless free agents. That's partly the reason why the Donks have Peyton Manning and a billion dollars in cap room, and we have Alex Smith and can barely afford to re-sign our own players.

Gunning for a playoff spot immediately after 2-14 was an unsustainable solution that I disagreed with then, and given our woes in 2014, it's coming back to bite us in the ass.

Titty Meat
12-11-2014, 03:26 PM
I understood why Dorsey didn't spend shit this year, but I think it was severely mistimed.

He made this bed in the 2013 offseason when he added all those worthless free agents. That's partly the reason why the Donks have Peyton Manning and a billion dollars in cap room, and we have Alex Smith and can barely afford to re-sign our own players.

Gunning for a playoff spot immediately after 2-14 was an unsustainable solution that I disagreed with then, and given our woes in 2014, it's coming back to bite us in the ass.

The trade for Alex Smith was stupid. Their best bet is to not do anything this off season and wait for Manning to retire.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2014, 03:30 PM
You are one dumb sumbitch if you really think that CB wasn't improved with Gaines compared to Flowers last year.

Go watch the Denver games at Arrowhead the last 2 years and focus on Flowers and Gaines if you think I'm lying.
We are playing a soft off-coverage now.

last year we played B&R at the LOS and got burnt deep all the time

now our CB's are 5/10 off

apples and oranges

Gaines is not better than Flowers right now. Flowers was aging and the move was fine. But we are not better.

oh and GFY

Hootie
12-11-2014, 03:48 PM
I figured 8-8 this year would've been promising but no, not after 7-3. Terrible. Less satisfying year than the one where it took us 9+ games to play with a lead

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 04:58 PM
They aren't terrible. They're an average to better than average team, just like last year.
Well, the question being asked is if they are better. With a healthy cast, this team is much better than last year. They went from a team that backed into the playoffs through a lot of good fortune to a team that at full health might actually be better than what I think is a pretty weak group of wild card contenders.

But again, the question is... Even with injuries, what's holding them back? Is it truly OL and receivers? Or is it Reid and Smith? I'd argue the latter and it's not even close.

And that's only asking if we got better. The op asked if the offseason went well. We are a better team and we shed payroll, cleaned our cap, and we will probably get 4 comp picks. So again... I think the offseason went fine. Of course it could've been better. But I still think the biggest problems are qb and head coach, not OL and receiver. So the question is how much better those guys would have actually made us and is that worth hurting our chances to resign Poe, Houston, berry, etc... To do it?

jspchief
12-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Look at our ILBs. Our LB corp is worse than last year.
Well, you can't ignore the loss of DJ. I also believe Mays can be an upgrade over Jordan, who was just as invisible as JMJ and Mauga are.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Something else to consider....
In 2 years, we surrounded Alex Smith with a dramatically improved defense. We have a strong, deep running game including a quality backup and a stud fullback. DAT kind of falls into this area too -- upgrade over McCluster. Smith throws to his TEs, so we brought in 2 TEs in Kelce and Fasano, and let's not forget we saw success with Harris in 3 TE sets until he got injured.

If you told me that Smith is your QB and your plan was to beef up the defense, running game, and TEs... I'd say that's about right and we've given Smith more than enough to work with. Which begs the question... how much better do we actually think Smith would have gotten if we improved at OL and WR? And would that have been worth our defense staying flat and hurting ability to re-sign Houston, Poe, Berry?

Titty Meat
12-11-2014, 05:18 PM
DAT is nothing more than a dumbass returner/sweep RB. He doesn't really fit this offense.

Brock
12-11-2014, 06:43 PM
Well, the question being asked is if they are better. With a healthy cast, this team is much better than last year. They went from a team that backed into the playoffs through a lot of good fortune to a team that at full health might actually be better than what I think is a pretty weak group of wild card contenders.

But again, the question is... Even with injuries, what's holding them back? Is it truly OL and receivers? Or is it Reid and Smith? I'd argue the latter and it's not even close.

And that's only asking if we got better. The op asked if the offseason went well. We are a better team and we shed payroll, cleaned our cap, and we will probably get 4 comp picks. So again... I think the offseason went fine. Of course it could've been better. But I still think the biggest problems are qb and head coach, not OL and receiver. So the question is how much better those guys would have actually made us and is that worth hurting our chances to resign Poe, Houston, berry, etc... To do it?

They aren't better. It's the same team, zilla. The defense still is inconsistent, good one week, getting their shit pushed in the next. DAT is a huge disappointment, failing to even fill Dex's tiny shoes. We're going in circles here. There was no significant improvement, management failed.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 07:29 PM
They aren't better. It's the same team, zilla. The defense still is inconsistent, good one week, getting their shit pushed in the next. DAT is a huge disappointment, failing to even fill Dex's tiny shoes. We're going in circles here. There was no significant improvement, management failed.

What do you mean getting their shit pushed in every other week? The Chiefs have only given up 20+ points on defense 5 times, 2 of those times against Denver. They didn't start to get their shit pushed in until 3 weeks ago. And that's not considering that last season we played with Berry, DJ, and Devito. Those three guys are injured this season. We've lost 6 games and in 4 of those games, we had a chance to win/tie on the last offensive drive and failed.

This place is hilarious. Everyone predicted that this team last year was beating a bunch of shitty teams with shitty backup QBs, and that we'd be a sub .500 team if we played a real schedule. This year, we've played a brutal schedule and will probably end up the season .500 or above, despite MASSIVE injuries, and we're going to claim this team is not improved.

Brock
12-11-2014, 07:54 PM
What do you mean getting their shit pushed in every other week? The Chiefs have only given up 20+ points on defense 5 times, 2 of those times against Denver. They didn't start to get their shit pushed in until 3 weeks ago. And that's not considering that last season we played with Berry, DJ, and Devito. Those three guys are injured this season. We've lost 6 games and in 4 of those games, we had a chance to win/tie on the last offensive drive and failed.

This place is hilarious. Everyone predicted that this team last year was beating a bunch of shitty teams with shitty backup QBs, and that we'd be a sub .500 team if we played a real schedule. This year, we've played a brutal schedule and will probably end up the season .500 or above, despite MASSIVE injuries, and we're going to claim this team is not improved.

What everybody predicted is irrelevant to this discussion. I understand why you want to continue to deflect from the point of the thread. I wasn't even here to make a prediction.

This defense was absolutely gored by oakland and denver's running attacks. Leveon Bell has them circled on his calendar. Quit making excuses for them. They're getting outmanned on a regular basis at this point, and the pass rush isn't producing like it should either. I know you'll stick to a losing argument until the bitter end, so I'll just let you be now.

jspchief
12-11-2014, 08:17 PM

They are nearly last in the league in rushing ypc.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 08:31 PM
What everybody predicted is irrelevant to this discussion. I understand why you want to continue to deflect from the point of the thread. I wasn't even here to make a prediction.

This defense was absolutely gored by oakland and denver's running attacks. Leveon Bell has them circled on his calendar. Quit making excuses for them. They're getting outmanned on a regular basis at this point, and the pass rush isn't producing like it should either. I know you'll stick to a losing argument until the bitter end, so I'll just let you be now.

CP said last year that the 2013 team was barely beating shitty teams playing shitty backup QBs. According to CP, if we took the 2013 team and played against the 2014 schedule, the Chiefs would get annihilated. The 2014 team is 7-6 with 4 of those losses coming on the final drive. Either CP was DEAD WRONG last season when it ended or this team improved.

The key point to the OP is if we improved. That should mean "how much better is our HEALTHY roster in 2014 over a HEALTHY roster in 2013." So take our 7-6 team and add these guys in.
-Allen > McGlynn
-DJ > Mauga
-Berry > Parker
All three of the above... Not even by a little. A LOT.
-Avery > Jenkins > Hammond
Constant injuries to Owens, Gaines, Fleming. Devito, Catapano, and Demetrius Harris could have provided quality depth (the Chiefs were having a lot of success with 3 TE sets before Harris went down to injury)

We are a better team this year with a bruised up roster. We are probably a much better team when fully healthy. And that's not even talking about how we shed unbelievable amount of payroll and stockpiled comp picks.

milkman
12-11-2014, 09:33 PM
If Kool Aid was an alcoholic beverage, zilla would be the drunkest mother on the planet.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 10:43 PM
If Kool Aid was an alcoholic beverage, zilla would be the drunkest mother on the planet.

Yeah, that ****ing explains it.

That's why I've said that we have a QB who will take us nowhere no matter what talent you surround him with, and a coach who can't take us to the Super Bowl because he makes too many stupid mistakes. Over and over again. Before the season even started.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2014, 11:02 PM
By the way, here are a few facts:
Chiefs had 26th ranked strength of schedule
8 out of 11 wins against QBs who aren't even starters in 2014 [9 if you count Fitzpatrick, who is garbage]
Major injuries: Houston/Hali (few games), Albert (few games), Kelce (season), Fasano (few games)

Chiefs have #2 ranked strength of schedule
5 of 7 wins against a legit starting QB
Major injuries: DJ (season), Allen (season), Berry (most of season), Devito (season), Charles (few games), Gaines/Fleming/Owners (couple games), Avery (most of season), Jenkins (most of season), Harris (most of season)

The easy question to ask is, would you rather have last year's team or this year's team at full health. That's not even a question. This year's team is a lot better. It's not close to good enough, but the question is "did the Chiefs improve?" Damn right they did.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2014, 11:39 PM
By the way, here are a few facts:
Chiefs had 26th ranked strength of schedule
8 out of 11 wins against QBs who aren't even starters in 2014 [9 if you count Fitzpatrick, who is garbage]
Major injuries: Houston/Hali (few games), Albert (few games), Kelce (season), Fasano (few games)

Chiefs have #2 ranked strength of schedule
5 of 7 wins against a legit starting QB
Major injuries: DJ (season), Allen (season), Berry (most of season), Devito (season), Charles (few games), Gaines/Fleming/Owners (couple games), Avery (most of season), Jenkins (most of season), Harris (most of season)

The easy question to ask is, would you rather have last year's team or this year's team at full health. That's not even a question. This year's team is a lot better. It's not close to good enough, but the question is "did the Chiefs improve?" Damn right they did.

No playoffs

don't care

looking forward to shitty passing game excuses next year

Dave Lane
12-11-2014, 11:42 PM

He frequently has a lot of time to throw. The trouble is he's always worried he doesn't, so he checks down, throws it out of bounds, goes fetal, runs or any combination.

RunKC
12-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Zilla is spot on with his analysis. The Chiefs have improved. But it is only year 2.

Dorsey set us up nicely with the comp picks we will receive. I expect this offseason to be based on building the WR's and OL.

Getting a receiver who has the skills that Avery provided last year is imperative. A new RT is needed. We just aren't there yet right now.

Most importantly this team needs valuable depth. Backup ILB (assuming DJ and Mays both stay), #3 CB, any depth possible at WR, #3 TE, backup OL, a legit run stuffer on the DL, another safety. Need to fill the holes to prepare for injury at any time.
I like the direction we are going. Build the team up with the draft. Need to see Ford show well next year tho as well as a big improvement from Fisher.
Gotta hit on the picks as well.

And no I don't think Alex is the starting QB in 3 years. Maybe 2.