PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kiper: It's time for Chiefs to address WR in draft

oaklandhater
12-12-2014, 08:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/9577/kiper-its-time-for-chiefs-to-address-wr-in-draft

Kiper: It's time for Chiefs to address WR in draft
December, 12, 2014
DEC 12
7:45
AM ET
By Adam Teicher | ESPN.com
5811COMMENTS30EMAILPRINT
COMMENTS30
EMAIL
PRINT
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. answered some media questions on Thursday about next year’s draft, and it’s no surprise what he believes the Kansas City Chiefs should do.

Kiper said he thinks the Chiefs should draft wide receivers, plural.

“I think they have to," Kiper said. “I would say it’s mandatory. I wouldn’t say just one. I would draft three of them throughout the seven rounds."

That’s the proper strategy for the Chiefs. Throw numbers at an unquestioned weakness.

The Chiefs don’t have a touchdown or much else of value from their wide receivers this season and there’s no reason to believe that would change unless they basically turn the position over for next season.

Dwayne Bowe is 30 and expensive and the Chiefs might decide to dump him during the offseason, anyway. Even if they keep him, he’s already played his best seasons. The Chiefs have another couple of receivers near or at the end of their careers: Jason Avant and Donnie Avery.

Otherwise, the Chiefs have Junior Hemingway, who has spent this season either injured or dropping passes, and A.J. Jenkins, who did little with extended playing time before he injured a shoulder to end his season.

They also have De’Anthony Thomas, who at 174 pounds is clearly a part-time player, as well as undrafted rookie Albert Wilson and Frankie Hammond Jr. Wilson looks like he could have some promise.

Other than Wilson and Thomas, whose bigger value could be as a kick returner, the Chiefs should start over from scratch. That might mean drafting two or even three receivers as well as signing a free agent or two.

Some of the top receivers who could be available in the draft are Alabama's Amari Cooper, former Missouri player Dorial Green-Beckham, Louisville’s DeVante Parker and West Virginia’s Kevin White. Among the interesting receiver prospects who will be available in later rounds is Tyler Lockett of Kansas State.

Whatever the Chiefs do, they can’t put off fixing the wide receiver positions any longer.

“It’s another year where if you want a wide receiver, you can get them," Kiper said. “If I was the Chiefs, I’d draft a minimum of two and as many as three."

kcxiv
12-12-2014, 08:28 PM
can we draft 3 qb's in the first 3 rounds? lol

oaklandhater
12-12-2014, 08:33 PM
I like how he wants the chiefs to go heavy wr in the draft after last year's draft was the best wr class ever.

Coochie liquor
12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Too late. Not sure what great wr will be avail when we pick, SO...... OL instead. (Which I'd actually be ok with if he's not the second coming of Airdick Fisher!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Sweet God I hate Kiper.

kcchiefsus
12-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Sweet God I hate Kiper.

Do tell why...

el borracho
12-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Kiper thinks the Chiefs should invest 3 picks in one draft in wide receivers for Alex Smith? No, no, no, no, NO!

As long as the Chiefs have Alex, and it appears they are chained to him for another two seasons, they need to keep building that defense. Want to throw a couple of mid-round picks at the Oline?- sure. Want to throw a second or third round pick at a WR?- ok. But the majority of resources have to go to the defense if Andy wants to stay above .500 in Kansas City in the next two years. Besides, it will be great to have a top 5 defense to pair with our new QB in 2017.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Do tell why...

Because everything he wants the Chiefs to do, they should absolutely do the opposite, but the Chiefs seem to always do what he prognosticates.

It's damned infuriating.

58kcfan89
12-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Kiper thinks the Chiefs should invest 3 picks in one draft in wide receivers for Alex Smith? No, no, no, no, NO!

As long as the Chiefs have Alex, and it appears they are chained to him for another two seasons, they need to keep building that defense. Want to throw a couple of mid-round picks at the Oline?- sure. Want to throw a second or third round pick at a WR?- ok. But the majority of resources have to go to the defense if Andy wants to stay above .500 in Kansas City in the next two years. Besides, it will be great to have a top 5 defense to pair with our new QB in 2017.

Other than TO for one season I don't think Reid ever had an elite WR in Philly and his offenses were fine for the most part. I think he sees TEs and RBs as the real key to the offense while WRs are a luxury to him.

oaklandhater
12-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Other than TO for one season I don't think Reid ever had an elite WR in Philly and his offenses were fine for the most part. I think he sees TEs and RBs as the real key to the offense while WRs are a luxury to him.

Jeremy maclin say's sup.

cdcox
12-12-2014, 08:59 PM
We should be drafting for players that can help Alex Smith's replacement be successful. And we should have a 2 year plan to have that guy on the roster and starting the year after.

kcchiefsus
12-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Because everything he wants the Chiefs to do, they should absolutely do the opposite, but the Chiefs seem to always do what he prognosticates.

It's damned infuriating.

Well I don't agree with taking 3 but I wouldn't have a problem with taking 2. I believe the Broncos took Demayrius Thomas and Eric Decker back to back and in the draft and that worked out great. Either way we have a complete lack of any talent at the position and we need to address it.

cdcox
12-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Jeremy maclin say's sup.

Too old to help Alex Smith's replacement win a SB or start a dynasty.

kcchiefsus
12-12-2014, 09:00 PM
Jeremy maclin say's sup.

Desean Jackson says sup also.

kcchiefsus
12-12-2014, 09:01 PM

His point was that Reid has had elite talents in Philadelphia with Maclin and Jackson at WR.

oaklandhater
12-12-2014, 09:03 PM

Yea not asking for him to come here next year just saying he is Elite.

Kaepernick
12-12-2014, 09:04 PM
can we draft 3 qb's in the first 3 rounds? lol

No. How about a left tackle?

oaklandhater
12-12-2014, 09:04 PM
His point was that Reid has had elite talents in Philadelphia with Maclin and Jackson at WR.

Which beg's the question what the hell was Reid thinking in the draft last year he know's what a good Wideout looks like he had to have some clue our's is a dumpster fire and last year was deep at WR.

oaklandhater
12-12-2014, 09:06 PM

Being a 49er fan you have to see what a dumper fire Smith was for you and has been for us right....

Baby Lee
12-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Tyler Lockett in the 2nd amirite? Maybe if our record bears out, . . . saaay with the #47 pick overall?

kcxiv
12-12-2014, 09:15 PM

In the 2nd round sure. Still need 3 new QB's though.

Ragged Robin
12-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Otherwise, the Chiefs have Junior Hemingway, who has spent this season either injured or dropping passes

I lol'd

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2014, 09:50 PM
We should be drafting for players that can help Alex Smith's replacement be successful. And we should have a 2 year plan to have that guy on the roster and starting the year after.

I like this.

CoMoChief
12-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Ive said this before....sign Maclin...draft 3 WRs..one of them with pick#1...keep Bowe for a season. Who knows maybe DGB declares and then drops to like rd 3 or 4 due to the NFL stance on domestic violence.

Dwayne Bowe
DeVante Parker
Jeremy Maclin
Dorial Green Beckham
Tyler Lockett
Albert Wilson

There....WRs are fixed.

CoMoChief
12-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Tyler Lockett in the 2nd amirite? Maybe if our record bears out, . . . saaay with the #47 pick overall?

Hell be there in the 4th rd

notorious
12-12-2014, 10:04 PM

Easily.

RobBlake
12-12-2014, 10:11 PM

or you could be smart and actually draft WR that fit the offense and strengths of the QB

RobBlake
12-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Ive said this before....sign Maclin...draft 3 WRs..one of them with pick#1...keep Bowe for a season. Who knows maybe DGB declares and then drops to like rd 3 or 4 due to the NFL stance on domestic violence.

Dwayne Bowe
DeVante Parker
Jeremy Maclin
Dorial Green Beckham
Tyler Lockett
Albert Wilson

There....WRs are fixed.

idk, doubt they could get that many high potential WR in the draft.. however..

D. Bowe
Parker
Maclin
Avant
Wilson

would be solid on paper potentially

alpha_omega
12-12-2014, 10:17 PM
I would say it's past time to address this, but yes...thanks Mel.

In58men
12-12-2014, 10:21 PM
I can see it

1st. OL

2nd. FB

3rd. DB

4th. K

5th. WR

cdcox
12-12-2014, 10:22 PM
or you could be smart and actually draft WR that fit the offense and strengths of the QB

The strength of this offense and QB are to avoid interceptions by never throwing to WRs. Not exactly a proven pattern for winning an NFL championship in the last 60 years.

Again, Bowe was an excellent WR under Matt Cassel.

Brock
12-12-2014, 10:24 PM

They need to excel at 5 yard routes?

Sandy Vagina
12-12-2014, 10:36 PM

.. but then Bowe got PAID. :doh!:

cdcox
12-12-2014, 10:56 PM

Is that Alex's problem? He got PAID?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2014, 10:57 PM
I can see it

1st. OL

2nd. FB

3rd. DB

4th. K

5th. WR

Mmmmm...shitloaf!

Is that Alex's problem? He got PAID?

LMAO

In58men
12-12-2014, 11:05 PM
I wonder why Bowe was able to make the pro bowl with Cassel, but can't with Smith.

Baby Lee
12-12-2014, 11:05 PM

C'mon guys, give me a little credit

http://chiefscards.com/images/cards/watermarks/43/4341/250/434197_1_250x250.jpg

hometeam
12-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Mel Kiper is king draft douche. The best course of action is to do the opposite of what he wants to do.

Baby Lee
12-12-2014, 11:07 PM

I;m starting to think the handling of Bowe was the one thing the Golf Pro got right.

Not that I'm down on Bowe, just that he responds well to a strategically placed anal adjacent loafer.

BigCatDaddy
12-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Yes, Mel. WR is the 1 position that has been neglected by this franchise to draft highly :facepalm:

Simply Red
12-13-2014, 12:02 AM

Welcome back Brock. :)

RobBlake
12-13-2014, 12:28 AM
The strength of this offense and QB are to avoid interceptions by never throwing to WRs. Not exactly a proven pattern for winning an NFL championship in the last 60 years.

Alex could force it to Bowe all game.. how is that a winning formula? Its what Matt did. Alex could do more, but he clicks more with TE and he tends to spread the ball around..

RobBlake
12-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Welcome back Brock. :)

i love your avatar lol

RealSNR
12-13-2014, 12:32 AM

I wish somebody would pay you so you'd stop fucking posting

TribalElder
12-13-2014, 12:38 AM
Ask mike mayock

That guy is pretty on point when it comes to draft picks

He drops his mock draft like this

http://i.imgur.com/vPUHncC.gif

ThaVirus
12-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Speaking of getting paid, where's Allen Bailey been since he got that new contract? I know he didn't play last week.

In58men
12-13-2014, 01:05 AM
Alex could force it to Bowe all game.. how is that a winning formula? Its what Matt did. Alex could do more, but he clicks more with TE and he tends to spread the ball around..

Who does he spread the ball around to? Kelce, Fasano and Charles that's it.

cosmo20002
12-13-2014, 01:54 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/9577/kiper-its-time-for-chiefs-to-address-wr-in-draft

Kiper: It's time for Chiefs to address WR in draft
December, 12, 2014
DEC 12

This could have been written anytime in the last 10 years. 20 years?
Bowe had a couple of decent years I guess but our best receiver in the last 25 years was a TE.
And when was the last time we had (gasp) TWO even decent-level receivers at the same time? Bowe and ___? Eddie Kinnison? Did they ever play together? I can't remember a decent duo.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2014, 01:57 AM
Dwayne Bowe is 30 and expensive and the Chiefs might decide to dump him during the offseason, anyway. Even if they keep him, he’s already played his best seasons.

Haha.

If we dump Bowe and he goes to a team that throws the ball more than league average, I would bet any amount of money that he has his best season ahead of him.

oaklandhater
12-13-2014, 01:57 AM
This could have been written anytime in the last 10 years. 20 years?
Bowe had a couple of decent years I guess but our best receiver in the last 25 years was a TE.
And when was the last time we had (gasp) TWO even decent-level receivers at the same time? Bowe and ___? Eddie Kinnison? Did they ever play together? I can't remember a decent duo.

The excuse with Green was Tony was our number 1 wide out but look at the Saint's they have Grahm and Cooks the more offensive Weapon's the better in the nfl.

Chiefs are still stuck in trying to win a SB likes its the 70's with a good defense and a running back.

oaklandhater
12-13-2014, 01:59 AM
Haha.

If we dump Bowe and he goes to a team that throws the ball more than league average, I would bet any amount of money that he has his best season ahead of him.

If we dump bowe What team do you think would pick him up Seattle Brown's Giant's ?

Hammock Parties
12-13-2014, 02:06 AM
If we dump bowe What team do you think would pick him up Seattle Brown's Giant's ?

Tons of teams would be lining up to get him.

OldSchool
12-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Need to draft a couple of linemen to compete for the G and RT positions as well. Ridiculous how many free rushers there were last week.

The lack of a deep passing game isn't just because of a lack of talent at the WR position. The OL isn't even close to being competent in pass protection which is why Reid doesn't call for very many 5-7 step drops.

BigCatDaddy
12-13-2014, 02:18 AM

Chargers.

DaneMcCloud
12-13-2014, 02:25 AM
Speaking of getting paid, where's Allen Bailey been since he got that new contract? I know he didn't play last week.

He suffered a concussion and will be out again this week.

The head is nothing to mess with, IMO.

oaklandhater
12-13-2014, 03:58 AM
Chargers.

Why would the Bolts want him when they have Keenan Allen Eddie Royal and Malcom Floyd ?

BigCatDaddy
12-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Why would the Bolts want him when they have Keenan Allen Eddie Royal and Malcom Floyd ?

Not serious right?

Sassy Squatch
12-13-2014, 07:51 AM
What's the point of us paying Bowe more than 10m if he isn't doing much here? Let him have success somewhere else, because he isn't getting it here.

ODESSABRONC
12-13-2014, 08:05 AM
Wide receivers many times take two or three season to develop if they're going to at all. I don't think it would be good idea even if the Chiefs have more seven picks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2014, 08:17 AM
What's the point of us paying Bowe more than 10m if he isn't doing much here? Let him have success somewhere else, because he isn't getting it here.

That should be the mantra for all elite Chiefs talent.

"Let 'em leave, THIS place ain't doin' shit".

Yep.

Dunerdr
12-13-2014, 09:14 AM
So we keep ignoring the qb hem mirage since Lenny? Or we just accept never being in the mix?

stevieray
12-13-2014, 11:45 AM
That should be the mantra for all elite Chiefs talent.

"Let 'em leave, THIS place ain't doin' shit".

Yep.

I'm pretty confident players have bagged it to get out.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2014, 11:46 AM

I think Bowe could be very effective for another five or six years given his playing style.

I'd prefer he stick around for the QB we draft in 2016.

Because it's finally going to happen.

Dunerdr
12-13-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't see bowe going down hill at all he's still the average ability guy he's always been.

Molitoth
12-13-2014, 12:23 PM

Dwayne Bowe
DeVante Parker
Jeremy Maclin
Dorial Green Beckham
Tyler Lockett
Albert Wilson

There....WRs are fixed.

Alex Smith voids the talent on this entire list.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Alex Smith voids the talent on this entire list.

Null and void.

Bewbies
12-13-2014, 01:03 PM
A ring of honor with 1 QB and 2 place kickers. LMAO

RunKC
12-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I think Bowe could be very effective for another five or six years given his playing style.

I'd prefer he stick around for the QB we draft in 2016.

Because it's finally going to happen.

What makes you think this?

Hammock Parties
12-13-2014, 01:11 PM
What makes you think this?

After Alex fails the FO will have no choice. They will not go with another retread.

Mav
12-13-2014, 01:15 PM
After Alex fails the FO will have no choice. They will not go with another retread.
I like the fact that they have picked up a young qb both drafts.

RunKC
12-13-2014, 01:28 PM
I like the fact that they have picked up a young qb both drafts.

Me too. I like Murray. Would like to see more of him next year. Don't think there any QB's worth a shit in this draft except maybe Marriota, but he's going #1 overall.

It's early tho so maybe one will pop up in the spring.

Mav
12-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Me too. I like Murray. Would like to see more of him next year. Don't think there any QB's worth a shit in this draft except maybe Marriota, but he's going #1 overall.
Agreed. Tampa, or jets have to take him.

Fairplay
12-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Dorsey/Reid will have us scratching our heads about the picks and numerous threads will emerge questionning the picks and another simply titled 'Ive had enough of this franchise.'

And what is really sad is the number one pick will have extremely limited playing time on the field next season.

ping2000
12-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure Dorsey will sign the best WR from the Canadian Football League.

TEX
12-13-2014, 03:46 PM
LAST year was the deepest WR draft ever and the Chiefs didn't draft SHIT. LMAO

Because Chiefs!

BigCatDaddy
12-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Still dont get banging the table for WRs. We could have Megatron one side and a prime Randy Moss on the other and still not have 1 TD to a WR with Short Game Smithers behind center.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Still dont get banging the table for WRs. We could have Megatron one side and a prime Randy Moss on the other and still not have 1 TD to a WR with Short Game Smithers behind center.

But I guarandamntee you the Chiefs will do exactly this. They'll draft the "best WR available", and we'll just sit here and puke and the idiocy of it all.

BigCatDaddy
12-13-2014, 04:21 PM
But I guarandamntee you the Chiefs will do exactly this. They'll draft the "best WR available", and we'll just sit here and puke and the idiocy of it all.

I doubt it. I'm expecting them to draft Poe's replacement for when he hits free agency in 2 years. Let him sit and learn on the job until Poe is gone. Seem to be the running theme with their drafts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2014, 04:37 PM
I doubt it. I'm expecting them to draft Poe's replacement for when he hits free agency in 2 years. Let him sit and learn on the job until Poe is gone. Seem to be the running theme with their drafts.

Well, that too.

notorious
12-13-2014, 04:49 PM

Damn, I think you are right.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-13-2014, 05:11 PM
As I've stated a million times . Draft DEFENSE. You need that youth speed that's not run down. Get your offensive players in FA.

If a team will follow that philosophy they will always be strong.

That being said , one should always be flexible with that 1st round pick and going with BPA is not bad.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-13-2014, 05:14 PM
If there was film to show I fucking guarantee you there have been 100 or more plays where a WR is open down field but AS can't look past 10 yards.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2014, 05:21 PM
As I've stated a million times . Draft DEFENSE. You need that youth speed that's not run down. Get your offensive players in FA.

If a team will follow that philosophy they will always be strong.

That being said , one should always be flexible with that 1st round pick and going with BPA is not bad.

This is solid.

Build a killer D, but take the O-weapons when they present themselves.

And always, ALWAYS take the QB prospect if you have to sell the draft to do it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-13-2014, 05:55 PM
This is solid.

Build a killer D, but take the O-weapons when they present themselves.

And always, ALWAYS take the QB prospect if you have to sell the draft to do it.

Also this allows you to spend your real money on one side of the ball.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Also this allows you to spend your real money on one side of the ball.

This is in line with the Milkman Doctrine:

A top 10 defense and a franchise QB are going to win you some things in life.

kc79
12-13-2014, 07:53 PM

Justin Hardy

jLoy88
12-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Our issues aren't just receivers... They need to find a FA experienced offensive lineman, or three. McShitt and Erica are absolutely garbage and need to go now. Get a 7th year free agent, or 4, coming off a contract and immediately they are a better team.

ViperVisor
12-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Our issues aren't just receivers... They need to find a FA experienced offensive lineman, or three. McShitt and Erica are absolutely garbage and need to go now. Get a 7th year free agent, or 4, coming off a contract and immediately they are a better team.

Or 4

OL ranks at Guard and Tackle

McGlynn 80/80
Fulton 71/80
Fisher 68/78
Harris 49/78

BigRedChief
12-13-2014, 08:46 PM
I like how he wants the chiefs to go heavy wr in the draft after last year's draft was the best wr class ever.This will be a good class for WR's too.

BigRedChief
12-13-2014, 08:51 PM
This is in line with the Milkman Doctrine:

A top 10 defense and a franchise QB are going to win you some things in life.top 10 defense and a franchise QB is a winning formula in the NFL? Go figure. Who'd thunk it?

RealSNR
12-13-2014, 08:56 PM

I believe Barry Richardson is entering his 7th year as an NFL pro.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2014, 09:58 PM
top 10 defense and a franchise QB is a winning formula in the NFL? Go figure. Who'd thunk it?

Yeah, I know; it's too hard.

Let's never try!

RealSNR
12-13-2014, 11:51 PM
"Let's not draft a QB. We need offensive playmakers. Grbac just threw for 4000 yards."

"Let's not draft a QB. Have you fucking seen how wretched our defense is? We have Trent Green."

"Let's not draft a QB. We're starting over, and we should know what we have in Croyle before we make any hasty decisions with valuable things like high 1st round picks."

"Let's not draft a QB. Cassel showed improvement, and there are so many holes. We can't waste 1st round picks."

"Let's not draft a QB. Did you not watch the playoff game? Alex Smith is NOT the one who lost that game for us."

Otter
12-14-2014, 02:17 AM
"Let's not draft a QB. We need offensive playmakers. Grbac just threw for 4000 yards."

"Let's not draft a QB. Have you fucking seen how wretched our defense is? We have Trent Green."

"Let's not draft a QB. We're starting over, and we should know what we have in Croyle before we make any hasty decisions with valuable things like high 1st round picks."

"Let's not draft a QB. Cassel showed improvement, and there are so many holes. We can't waste 1st round picks."

"Let's not draft a QB. Did you not watch the playoff game? Alex Smith is NOT the one who lost that game for us."

I'll give them credit where credit is due in that they have Bray and Murray on the depth chart but yeah, this franchise has had some colossal fuck ups when it's come to the QB position. Signing another 49ers red headed step child was another kick in the balls.

oaklandhater
03-11-2015, 04:06 PM

Guess we will find out :)

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2015, 05:02 PM

You forgot the all-time classic:

"There's no one worthy this year".

DaneMcCloud
03-11-2015, 05:06 PM
You forgot the all-time classic:

"There's no one worthy this year".

I was on the phone with a good friend yesterday, who brought up the possibility of Houston signing elsewhere, resulting in the Chiefs receiving two first round picks.

Him: Man, if we got two first rounders, what do you think the Chiefs should do?

Me: Are you kidding? Bundle 'em up and get Mariota.

Him: I disagree. I don't think this is right year to do that. I saw him in that game and he wasn't very impressive. The Chiefs have a lot of needs. Maybe next year.

Me: :facepalm:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2015, 05:07 PM
I was on the phone with a good friend yesterday, who brought up the possibility of Houston signing elsewhere, resulting in the Chiefs receiving two first round picks.

Him: Man, if we got two first rounders, what do you think the Chiefs should do?

Me: Are you kidding? Bundle 'em up and get Mariota.

Him: I disagree. I don't think this is right year to do that. I saw him in that game and he wasn't very impressive. The Chiefs have a lot of needs. Maybe next year.

Me: :facepalm:

LMAO

It's just bonded to the DNA at this point.

jspchief
03-11-2015, 05:33 PM
I'll give them credit where credit is due in that they have Bray and Murray on the depth chart but yeah, this franchise has had some colossal fuck ups when it's come to the QB position. Signing another 49ers red headed step child was another kick in the balls.
Drafting Murray then stifling opportunities by burying him behind Chase Daniel on the depth chart is a waste of a draft pick. Give the guy 2nd string snaps and perhaps some garbage time play. That's how you develop a qb.

RobBlake
03-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Drafting Murray then stifling opportunities by burying him behind Chase Daniel on the depth chart is a waste of a draft pick. Give the guy 2nd string snaps and perhaps some garbage time play. That's how you develop a qb.

no point when Daniel is paid the most for a back up role

OnTheWarpath15
03-11-2015, 05:37 PM

This, all day long.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Daniel is what he is. Why do they even waste 2nd team time with him?

Murray and Bray should be getting some snaps.

jspchief
03-11-2015, 05:40 PM
no point when Daniel is paid the most for a back up role
Daniel us the type of backup you want when your starting QB position is in stone. Franchise. Alex Smith is not franchise.

Bowser
03-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Tyler Bray should not be on this roster

ILChief
03-11-2015, 05:50 PM

Probably won't be much longer

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-11-2015, 05:52 PM

He belongs with a vertical club.

And....

that ain't us. :sulk:

Mav
03-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Daniel us the type of backup you want when your starting QB position is in stone. Franchise. Alex Smith is not franchise.
According to whom? You?

Clearly he is franchise to Reid and Dorsey.

Not that I disagree with you. But our opinion matters not.

RealSNR
03-11-2015, 07:42 PM
According to whom? You?

Clearly he is franchise to Reid and Dorsey.

Not that I disagree with you. But our opinion matters not.

Then why follow the Ron Wolf school of thought when it comes to drafting QBs? They're just wasted picks if all you're ever going to use them for is 3rd string.

Red Dawg
03-11-2015, 07:45 PM
We will OL in the first and ILB in the second then a WR in the third.

oaklandhater
03-11-2015, 09:55 PM
We will OL in the first and ILB in the second then a WR in the third.

Because our scrub late roud WR's always payoff.

wazu
03-11-2015, 10:29 PM

Might be okay with that if it extended to QBs.