PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs kinda late to the party here

Hootie
12-14-2014, 06:32 PM
but good fuck, was anyone else still really fucking bored with the game today?

A penalty flag thrown every 2 plays slowing the action to a crawl ...

the Raiders not even playing real NFL offense. Seriously. If you're so afraid of your rookie QB making a mistake, put in somebody else.

and our DB's dropping another 29 interceptions

DAT was pretty cool, and we had a fun little 5 minute stretch in the 3rd quarter ... but other than that, JFC I kept playing Trivia Crack on my phone to pass the time

Hey and, I love Kelce. The guy is a total beast and plays exactly like Gronkowski ... you know ... except for the fact he does something fucking stupid every week that results in a turnover and got flagged yet again for a false start.

Someone needs to knock a little sense in to that kid. Obviously he's the future of our offense and a guy who can be a perennial pro bowl TE ... but good lord. Even on his TD he decided to celebrate a little early and it could've resulted in another disaster.

I guess Tony Gonzalez was a little careless his first few years in the NFL (5 fumbles in his first two real seasons of action) and then from 2000 - 2013 he had 1 combined fumble, total, for the rest of his career.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

at least we're not Jets or Titans fans. Did they really even have to play that game? Couldn't they have just have had their captains throw dice in a dark alley behind a 711 to decide the outcome of that one?

Simply Red
12-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Good win. Welcome Bud!

keg in kc
12-14-2014, 06:34 PM
I told a friend (and i think posted during the game thread) that there was probably a video of drying paint on youtube with more action than the first half.

At least the 3rd quarter was kind of interesting in its weirdness, and it's always better to win.

Not that we shouldn't enjoy it, but it was basically two bad teams playing a bad game. At least until halftime.

Simply Red
12-14-2014, 06:37 PM
I don't buy jerseys - almost never - but I'd buy a Kelce jersey. Ha.

In58men
12-14-2014, 06:41 PM
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

at least we're not Jets or Titans fans. Did they really even have to play that game? Couldn't they have just have had their captains throw dice in a dark alley behind a 711 to decide the outcome of that one?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/14/127778f5e6f7c3b9f9850ac3b405e2a0.jpg

siberian khatru
12-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I agree 100 percent with Hootie.

Kill me now. ;)

Hootie
12-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I told a friend (and i think posted during the game thread) that there was probably a video of drying paint on youtube with more action than the first half.

At least the 3rd quarter was kind of interesting in its weirdness, and it's always better to win.

Not that we shouldn't enjoy it, but it was basically two bad teams playing a bad game. At least until halftime.

I never thought we were going to lose this game ... but the 1st half was hilarious. Instead of being up like 24 - 0, we found a way to keep them in the game at 10 - 3.

and I realize there is a certain degree of difficulty on the DAT deep pass and I realize the defender didn't fall down until after Alex released the ball, but good lord ... why throw that ball out of bounds? Alex likes to make safe passes even safer to the point of ... why even try?

This offseason Reid/Peterson should watch constant Russell Wilson film with Alex and say, "see Alex, this is how you scramble behind the line of scrimmage while keeping your eyes down the field looking for open receivers...."

so tired of him and his happy feet immediately scrambling and never looking down the field ... there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to work on that

TimBone
12-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Hootie...what's your trivia Crack username. Lemme beat that ass.

Buzz
12-14-2014, 06:44 PM
No, I enjoyed the win and didn't think it was boring, thanks for asking.

Hootie
12-14-2014, 06:46 PM
usually you would think, "sweet! This team isn't trying to play offense today! We'll win this one easily!"

But today I wanted to see our defense actually, you know, have to work.

Oakland's game plan of 3 step quick slants or 3 step quick digs was just ... fucking awful. Really? We lost to this team once this year?

And really?

Oakland fans and other fans are excited about the prospects of Derek Carr?

Some dingle dick said that after Brady and Manning retired Carr would be a guy who would be one of the 2 or 3 best QB's in the NFL.

What are these people watching? That dude doesn't look the part, at all. He's not mobile, he doesn't just scream, "LEADER" ... doesn't seem particularly accurate ... has a cannon, ok, but whoopdeefuckingdoo.

Are the Raiders really going to pass on a 1st round QB next year because they have Derek Carr? If so, cool. Enjoy another half decade as bottom dwellers. Or another decade. Or another two. IDGAF

Of course, it'll be 22 years and counting after we don't win a playoff game again this year so ... yay

BossChief
12-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Once Harbaugh goes to Oakland, Carr will be out.

Buzz
12-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Hey look, another drama thread.

TimBone
12-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Once Harbaugh goes to Oakland, Carr will be out.
Harbaugh goes to Oakland. Drafts Mariota. Harbaugh lets Carr play for the next year or two while Mariota develops. Carr gets injured, Mariota steps in and never gives the job back. Harbaugh trades Carr to us for two first rounders.

Wallcrawler
12-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I loved the "I cant believe we passed on Derek Carr" thread.

Dude couldn't hit the side of a barn today. Yeah, the guy took shots downfield, but if you cant hit em, why even bother.

I think that's what we have with Smith. He's a guy who doesn't throw downfield because he knows it isn't going to happen. He goes intermediate to short, or takes off for some kind of possible play to get something positive, rather than just wasting a down outright.

Some of Carr's shots downfield were laughably bad today. His fumbling the snap was the nail in the coffin for the Raiders today.

rockymtnchief
12-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Hootie, were you at the Detroit game? Wearing a blue shirt? Leaning against a black Chevy?

Sannyasi
12-14-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm not one to hate on the refs much, because I figure there's nothing they can really do to make everyone happy. That being said, the flags really ruined the flow of the game today. They weren't one-sided, but it was just annoying to have a flag after every other play. I was surprised to even hear the commentators bring it up.

Simply Red
12-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Did you bowl today?

lcarus
12-14-2014, 07:28 PM
I have to admit, I spaced out several times during the game today.

Hootie
12-14-2014, 07:32 PM
I continue to be somewhat impressed by Dwayne Bowe despite another drop today on a poorly thrown ball by Smith ...

Not because I still think he's a legit #2 possession receiver ... but because, despite his (IMO) immense talent, dude hasn't complained one time since Alex Smith took over. Not once.

Say what you want about Bowe but he's a quality teammate.

Easy 6
12-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Harbaugh goes to Oakland. Drafts Mariota. Let's Carr play for the next year or two while Mariota develops. Carr gets injured, Mariota steps in and never gives the job back. Harbaugh trades Carr to us for two first rounders.

LMAO

****. YOU.

Hootie
12-14-2014, 07:33 PM
and we've been pretty efficient in the red zone this year so it's not like it's a real issue, or anything ...

but I can't remember one time we've targeted him on the Dez or Calvin 1st and Goal from the 5 end zone fade this year

Not once.

So yeah ... in our dink and dunk ball control offense it is pretty freaking hard for a WR to catch a TD

In58men
12-14-2014, 07:34 PM
I continue to be somewhat impressed by Dwayne Bowe despite another drop today on a poorly thrown ball by Smith ...

Not because I still think he's a legit #2 possession receiver ... but because, despite his (IMO) immense talent, dude hasn't complained one time since Alex Smith took over. Not once.

Very well said. Bowe is awesome

TimBone
12-14-2014, 07:35 PM
LMAO

****. YOU.
Look at the bright side. No where to go but up after an Oakland retread.

TimBone
12-14-2014, 07:35 PM

Our thoughts must be in sync today. I had the same thought. I have it often actually. He looks excited when they show the post game locker room celebrations.

Easy 6
12-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Look at the bright side. No where to go but up after an Oakland retread.

lightsselfonfirefallsoutwindow.gif

ThaVirus
12-14-2014, 08:51 PM

He really doesn't have much reason to. He just got paid and knows that was likely his last big contract. He's doing well for himself.

Dave Lane
12-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Harbaugh goes to Oakland. Drafts Mariota. Harbaugh lets Carr play for the next year or two while Mariota develops. Carr gets injured, Mariota steps in and never gives the job back. Harbaugh trades Carr to us for two first rounders.

Sometimes I hate accepting my lot in life. This is one of those times.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Game was entertaining till about 10 min left. That last 10 minutes felt like it took 2 hours

Hammock Parties
12-14-2014, 10:39 PM
I just flipped back and forth between games with little care as to what was going on.

Once we had the game in hand I was really disappointed and no point in watching. First half was good though.

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2014, 10:47 PM

Ditto. I still think he could be a very good #2 for a solid QB for a couple more years. He actually seems fluid and with a bit of a jump the past month or so. He should have caught that ball to set up a field goal, but if Smith makes a decent throw it's a first down. If he hits him in full stride, pause, it might have actually had a chance of going to the house.

His attitude has been fantastic.

Saccopoo
12-14-2014, 10:52 PM

He's making a lot of money for a second level fullback. What's there to complain about?

Hammock Parties
12-14-2014, 10:57 PM
He's making a lot of money for a second level fullback. What's there to complain about?

He's averaging 51 yards per game.

His career average YPG before Alex was 65.

Now factor in what we know about Alex and his hatred of WRs and do the math.

J Diddy
12-15-2014, 01:24 AM
Ditto. I still think he could be a very good #2 for a solid QB for a couple more years. He actually seems fluid and with a bit of a jump the past month or so. He should have caught that ball to set up a field goal, but if Smith makes a decent throw it's a first down. If he hits him in full stride, pause, it might have actually had a chance of going to the house.

His attitude has been fantastic.

I don't think it would be a good move for him to get into any more trouble after the weed thing, the importing thing, and dropped balls.

He might not be here next year and if he acts like all the problems are the fault of someone else it won't be pretty.

Buehler445
12-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Hey Hootie, change your avatar. You said you would.

Baby Lee
12-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Good win. Welcome Bud!

Did you bowl today?

I cracked your code.

:bong:

Saul Good
12-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Boring as all hell. I went outside to enjoy the weather instead of watching the second half.

Hootie
12-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Hey Hootie, change your avatar. You said you would.

I'm always on 'at work' mode so it's not really a priority for me. I suggest you try. In the mean time, I will do this for you only because you seem nice.

Hootie
12-15-2014, 10:17 AM
and you're welcome

Buehler445
12-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks man. Better.

lcarus
12-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Im really tired of the refs breaking up the action so often and for so long. And normally that doesnt bug me. Overkill this year.